• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
There are only 3 TV's at best bout currently. 4 to 5 more would be ideal. We can probably get one from Jesse's maybe 2, if he is down. Ben, can you bring yours? Need to scavenge 1 or 2 more.
yea i can bring mine. and a wii also.

so i have the next 10 days off..well im working from home but yea i will have a lot of free time to SMASH!!!!!
is anyone playing tonight? i want some last minute practice before tomorrow

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Me and my friends might be able to help you. You should call me 503-758-3763
Thanks a bunch, man. Really appreciate it. As it turns out though, I was able to find a flight at a better time (though it was more expensive and I had to play hell rebooking).

I'm flying in so early in fact, that I'm gonna be attending BB while I wait for my bus. Is there anyone that could pick me up from either PDX or the Greyhound station around 12:30-1PM?

Surreal

Smash Ace
I'll see if I can swing by for this BB and say hi.

If anyone wants to do seriouslies/friendlies or something with rusty ol' me lemme know.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Thanks a bunch, man. Really appreciate it. As it turns out though, I was able to find a flight at a better time (though it was more expensive and I had to play hell rebooking).

I'm flying in so early in fact, that I'm gonna be attending BB while I wait for my bus. Is there anyone that could pick me up from either PDX or the Greyhound station around 12:30-1PM?
Yeah no problem, I couldn't let a smasher go without a roof over they're head. To bad the new time you wanna be picked up is just when BB doubles starts.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Yeah no problem, I couldn't let a smasher go without a roof over they're head. To bad the new time you wanna be picked up is just when BB doubles starts.
If that implies that you'd be able to pick me up at a different time, I could maybe wait 'til you're in between sets. If I'm assuming wrongly, then I apologize lol.

And again, I appreciate the kind offer.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I could pick you up at the greyhound station Verm. I'm coming from the north so I'm in the best position to pick you up along the way. I can't pick you up at PDX though. That's about a half hour out of my way. I also am not entering melee doubles so I can afford to arrive late, assuming that yugo will let me enter later.

Oh yeah I'm coming to best bout. I'm not going to vancouver this weekend because the other guy decided to take the train, and I'm not in the mood to pay my lonesome way up to vancouver. Round trip would be $118 dollars on the train.

keeper

Smash Champion
I could pick you up at the greyhound station Verm. I'm coming from the north so I'm in the best position to pick you up along the way. I can't pick you up at PDX though. That's about a half hour out of my way. I also am not entering melee doubles so I can afford to arrive late, assuming that yugo will let me enter later.

Oh yeah I'm coming to best bout. I'm not going to vancouver this weekend because the other guy decided to take the train, and I'm not in the mood to pay my lonesome way up to vancouver. Round trip would be $118 dollars on the train.
If you know about what time you'll be arriving with Geoff, I'll make sure to tell the TO/Izayah to have a spot for you in singles. Also, the phone number for Best Bout is 503-488-5766, so you can call that if anything arises that inhibits the timing. Singles for Melee do not start until 3, Brawl starts at 1. *shrug*

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386

My flight got delayed by 3 hours. I won't be there until like 3. Looks like it's the MAX for me. Thanks for being willing, Wad. I'll see you guys there. Sucks that I won't be able to enter though. >_<

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
For whoever is picking up Verm I will of course make an exception about being late for a match. Since it's during melee singles that Verm needs to be picked up I can run other matches. Make sure to call either Best Bout, (keeper provided the number) or me at: (503) 847-6692

:phone:

Ratking1234

Smash Ace

Final results:
1. FoosJr
2. Shane
3. Jesse
4. Jonny
5. Me/Keeper.

If you read this toph, good thing Shane moved here to be like our sales tax ^___^

(Also I love you Shane.)

keeper

Smash Champion
I went all sheik in the tournament I feel like I've finally climbed a wall that I've been stuck at awhile.

:phone:
Yeah. Though you I don't feel I gave you a good Sheik ditto in game 2. =\ I wasn't upset with you at all, I was upset with myself. I was happy to see you win after beating me though. That always makes me feel better when the guy that beat me doesn't get demolished next round.

By the way, **** YOU.
lol

Edit: Not to Foos, just to whoever.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
It was awesome meeting you guys, last night. Portland was tight and you all were terrific. Thanks for making me feel welcome to the OR scene, guys. Maybe someday soon I'll find some way back out to Portland. :0

keeper

Smash Champion
Pretty sick, even though La Grande is like 5 hours away. @_@
There are people out in EaWa and there's two people in Hermiston that play (that I know of). There's also EOU and whatever the Uni in EaWa is.

Mr Postman

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Though you I don't feel I gave you a good Sheik ditto in game 2. =\ I wasn't upset with you at all, I was upset with myself. I was happy to see you win after beating me though. That always makes me feel better when the guy that beat me doesn't get demolished next round.

By the way, **** YOU.
lol

Edit: Not to Foos, just to whoever.
Did you throw your controller in rage? :awesome:

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
D:

I wanna visit again!

Which brings me to a very interesting subject:

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=132519

Bottom paragraph. :colorful:
Yo Verm. That sounds ****ing awesome. Shane posted it in our FB group as well. I think we could probably get a carpool at the least to come pretty consistently, assuming a few factors. For me if there will be either A) 16 or more entrants before our carpool, or B) Any of the awesome people like Kamaji or Chip or Artifice from EaWa will come down. If either or both those happen, I will drive out for sure. Also down to come out no matter what when you get things initially started, just to lend a hand, and show support etc...

Pretty sick, even though La Grande is like 5 hours away. @_@
There are people out in EaWa and there's two people in Hermiston that play (that I know of). There's also EOU and whatever the Uni in EaWa is.
See above post. Come with us.

Also, this applies to you Verm as well, but Allen, and pretty much everyone who hasn't done so yet. Shane made a FB group for the Oregon Melee scene, join it. It originally said for the "NOregon Competitive Melee Scene," but I amended the title for all of Oregon.

This **** is a valuable resource. The WA one is constantly going off, and it is a much better and faster and easier means of exchanging information, and just straight up talking to each other, than the boards. Use it for whatever you want. Tournament promotion, setting up a smash fest (especially this ****, or if you want people to come play. It is so dumb when someone posts on the boards they want to play that day, and no one sees it until like 8 hours too late.), or just ****ing off.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/340535089298820/edit/

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Thanks a bunch, man. I'mma head down there at the crack of dawn tomorrow to see what I can get started.

As for the factors for coming, I don't at all see 16 as a problem. Of course, since most of that 16 would be other people who'd want at least 16 people to come, there'd just need to be mutual agreement to come, i.e. whatever carpools commit to coming so there'll be a minimum of 16. So far, Kaylee (Scout) said she'd bring a full carpool (5, I'm guessing), Jamn said he'd bring at least 4, and assuming you guys'd bring 5, that's 15 of the bat, plus any indigenous randoms (lol) that show up.

We'd need to figure out the housing situation though. I can comfortably fit one carpool at my place, so we'd need to secure housing for the other two/three. If push comes to shove, there's an awesome motel down the road that's only 75 or so a night. Split between 5 people or so, that's $15. I doubt it'd have to come to that, but at the very least, it's a reasonable alternative.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
CIZ: ******S DON'T KNOW THE MATCH UP
CIZ: next time I play him
CIZ: I'm going all fox
CIZ: and if I don't double 2 stock at the very least
CIZ: DINNER IS ON ME
Kv3Eggu: copy pasting that onto the WA melee group
Kv3Eggu: just to make sure you dont back out
Kv3Eggu: just incase
CIZ: do it
CIZ: ***** is free
Kv3Eggu: i aint passin up no free din din
CIZ: paste that too plz

Ciz is talking about you Foos. Looks like the pressure is on to win me dinner

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
CIZ: ******S DON'T KNOW THE MATCH UP
CIZ: next time I play him
CIZ: I'm going all fox
CIZ: and if I don't double 2 stock at the very least
CIZ: DINNER IS ON ME
Kv3Eggu: copy pasting that onto the WA melee group
Kv3Eggu: just to make sure you dont back out
Kv3Eggu: just incase
CIZ: do it
CIZ: ***** is free
Kv3Eggu: i aint passin up no free din din
CIZ: paste that too plz

Ciz is talking about you Foos. Looks like the pressure is on to win me dinner
Yo, I just put $10 on this also Foos... Lets do this...

Also, hella sessions at Jesse's are in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom