• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 11 - It's Over, Duder!

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Getocoolaid's Laziness is a thing of the past!

Batman
by BladeKnight420

I went into reading Batman very biased. I expected to like the interperetation of the Dark Knight, but mostly I thought it would be a forgettable experience, possibly due to trying and failing to create a moveset for the Caped Crusader myself. Point is, I didn't think it was going to be that good. Turns out, I was dead wrong. Batman is a wonderfully characterized moveset for the World's Greatest Detective, very professional and to the point throughout the entire set. Very much in the vain of his fighting style, Batman really wants to outmaneuver and neutralize the foe quickly and cleanly, either carrying them off the Blast Zone or simply overpowering them. It's a nice little gem that does the Batman justice, and assuredly finding a very solid place on my vote list.

Medicham
by Phatcat203

In the wake of the all-to-recent controversies, people tend to think of Phatcat as some kind of rebelious anti-christ when it comes to MYM, possibly forgetting the talent that lies within him despite going directly against social norms. Case in point: Medicham, another wonderfully crafted, thought-out, and organized moveset. Medicham revolves around achieving an "inner peace" of sorts while fighting, meditating (as the character does) and gracefully letting the opponents get their asses handed to them. Not to mention the concentration meter, a well-thought-out reversal system, and versatility. Strangely enough, even though Phatcat is against the dreaded playstyle, he manages to deliver a rather mangled and condensed version of a playstyle/flow/potato section of a moveset.

Cutie Mark Crusaders
by SirKibble

What can I say? I'm a sucker for cool cancepts. And this concept is about 20% Cooler than alot of others. The set revolves around the titular Crusaders, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo) working together as a team and utilizing each others talents to defend themselves from the foe....excepty they don't know whare their talents lie. It's a fun little set that knows about it's characters and knows about how to make them interesting fighters in Brawl.​

Great, now I'm done with those pesky ads.

...Why am i just standing here talking to myself?

*walks away*

Bu-Hey, Beavis. Check out these nerds online. huhuhu. They think that they're Sakurai.
Be-Hehe, yeah, hehe, um, do you think that they have a life? hehehe.
Bu-huhuhu, probably not, they're probably all nerds that only live at their computer. huhuhu

*both keep searching throught the depths of MYM*

Bu-Woah! This is cool. huhuhu
Be-Yeah, do you think we should join and make these things. hehehe.

Bu- no dumbass, we're going to read them. Writings for buttmunches. huhuhu
Be-hehehe
Bu-huhuhu

..........coming MYM12

half_silver28

Smash Ace
It's that time again Make Your Move: time for the MYM Awards! You can choose up to 5 nominees for each category (except Best Leader, that's kind of already set). You don't have to nominate the full amount for each category, nor are you required to nominate for each one. Just private message me your list of nominees by 11:59 pm US Eastern Time on Thursday, the 26th. Once the nominees are finalized, I will post the awards for official voting. Have fun!

Best Moveset Designer

Best New Designer

Best One-Hit Wonder

Best Pokemon Moveset

Best Halloween Set

Best Moveset Mechanic

Best Playstyle

Funniest Moveset

Most Improved Designer

Most Helpful MYMer

Funniest MYMer

Best Commenter

Best Leader
MasterWarlord
Smash Daddy
Bkupa666
LegendofLink
Nicholas1024
ForwardArrow

MYM11 WINRAR

Special Award: Most Missed MYMer

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
THE VOTING PERIOD IS NOW OPEN.

PM your votes for the top 50 in to both LegendofLink and I - emphasis on both. The formula is entirely unchanged as you'd expect, 6 super votes, 15 regular votes, and 15 weak votes, with there being no requirement on how many votes you have to use, though more votes are generally encouraged.

The deadline to get your votes in by is the 28th at 7 PM Eastern. If you haven't done your advertising yet to get voting rights, you can still make a top 10 in order to gain voting rights during voting week, such as the one LegendofLink has made here.

When you send in your votes, state whether or not you want your votelist to be shown with your name attached or not at the end of the contest. We'll be showing said votelist publicly after the top 50 is out either way, but you can choose for your list to be anonymous if you so please. If you don't tell us your preference, they'll be shown with names attached by default.

List of currently eligible voters:

Smash Daddy
MasterWarlord
BKupa666
LegendofLink
ForwardArrow

majora_787
Smashbot226
SirKibble
Junahu
n88_2004
Hyper_Ridley
Davidreamcatcha
Half_Silver28
Profpeanut
Flyinfilipino
Getocoolaid

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
So for my top 10 list, I’m doing a ranking of David’s sets this contest – pretty much the only other people with enough sets to do this with are Jun and FA, and David only has a handful of sets outside of MYM 11, so this can somewhat pass as a user ranking. Be aware that David only has 9 sets in MYM 11 technically, but he has a tenth incomplete one that he posted on the Bunker for all to see in Man Ray that I will be using as his tenth set. This isn’t an outright positive or negative list as is traditional for MW top 10s, as the quality of the sets on the list varies wildly as you climb up the list. Again, it’s just a user ranking.

10 – Olimar Remix

Olimar remix is the only David set I hadn’t already read prior to making this list, and. . .Well, there’s a reason David told me not to read it. It takes a page out of Dedede’s book in that it’s a rare event for a move to not have the same animation as the Brawl counterpart and be outright replaced, but it’s even more prevalent here, with David changing even less than I did in Dedede – a character who needed little change, mind you. Olimar, on the other hand, has plenty of room for change with his directional aerial and what-not. With these unchanged moves, David is forced to resort to Katapultar flow, simply throwing in a token motion that a move that does knockback can in fact space the foe towards your trap. What changes David does make feel rather awkward for Olimar – having to plant the pickmin adds unnecessary set-up to Olimar’s game when he still requires the Pikmin for the vast majority of his moveset, and the Pikmin Tether, while now realistic, is even more underpowered. The most universally disliked change, though, is the removal of the purple and white Pikmin – presumably David just hates Pikmin 2 or something. With these two Pikmin types gone, there’s little excuse in letting the Pikmin vary up the generic Sakurai set as the moveset begs for more creativity. . .Having a throw where tiny little Pikmin can somehow pitfall foes, the purple Pikmin’s absence in particular feels especially pronounced.

9 – Freaky Fred

There’s little that needs to be said about this one as David forces a set for a char, considering Rool was unable to say anything positive about the set. If anything, I should be justifying why I did not rank this set even lower, considering how universally loathed this set is. Quite frankly, I like making the playstyle of making a slip’n’slide track to send foes down. That by itself isn’t anything new, but the way Fred goes about making it is unique, in that he has to land a move on the foe to create the “track” rather than simply laying it down. This is all on a conceptual basis, though, and when you look at the actual actions he’s doing it becomes pretty terrible that shaving the foe isn’t the KO method, but rather serves the purpose of. . .Getting bloody hair on the ground. That and the unique part of making the “track” of the slip’n’slide gets invalidated by the fact that Fred can shave himself instead. I’m not going to bother telling you about all of the tackiness you’re all too familiar with, but for a set for a character like this that somehow doesn’t cheat on inputs, it’s to be expected. With the posting of Sweeney Todd this set has little reason to exist, though surprisingly Sweeney Todd carries over one of Fred’s specific flaws – shaving the foe and preparing for the kill is not the endgame.

8 – Princess Kraehe

The main complaint leveled against this moveset is that it plays very poorly against enemies without traps, to which David very adamantly responded that Kraehe could work by manipulating her own trap. Her own. . .Useless trap. Decent tools to manipulate traps are introduced, but foes have minimal reason to give Kraehe ammo even if they have it, and Kraehe’s single generic trap isn’t the most fascinating thing to watch be manipulated. It reminds me of the original Dutchman and his generic fire trap he manipulated for the whole set, but Dutchman had more tools to manipulate it while Kraehe does it with just a select few, with lots of the rest of the set going off into filler that knows no bounds. Ignoring enemy traps, Kraehe plays as a very forgettable camper that only would’ve been accepted in the likes of MYM 6.

7 – Count Chocula

Count Chocula is a much better take on the slip’n’slide genre than Fred, but struggles to do anything new. It flows, it has only a bit of filler, but. . .I feel the disturbing lack of anything contributed to the genre in this set. Everything’s been done, outside some token creativity interactions such as Chocula eating things to restore health. This would in the least be above Man Ray on the list, though, if not for that incredibly controversial grab. David nerfed it somewhat after it got so bashed, but it’s still there conceptually, and to me it seems like a conceptually broken move. A conceptually broken move that cops out of an actual grab-game and has nothing to do with the rest of Chocula’s game.

6 – Man Ray

Putting such an incomplete set this high is a bit awkward, but this set has better and more in-character ideas in the inputs it has than the 3 sets below it. It revolves around Man Ray taking off his head, then using his body and head in tandem, similar to Mr. Potato Head and his parts. Man Ray can ever bury his head for more fun shenanigans. Aside from the incomplete nature of the set, something specific that left a distaste in my mouth about it was the general uselessness of the tickle belt – it could’ve been better retooled to be something to actually play off of in the rest of the set, serving minimal purpose beyond a generic status effect as is. Of course, had David actually continued this fairly promising set, I bet he would’ve changed it anyway.

5 – The Grinch

The Grinch is a set that looks as tacky as Fred at a glance, and also seems to share a problem with Kraehe in that it relies on traps from the foe. Here, though, the Grinch can forcibly take props from the foe rather than relying on them to voluntarily do so. Aside from enabling a key part of the Grinch’s game to actually function, the fact that the Grinch can get these things anyway makes the foe more likely to just use their traps anyway, making the Grinch play in a more natural manner. The Grinch is able to play in an offensive manner well against both defensive MYM characters and the Brawl cast, more-so than most movesets, and making it an excellent set to note down for when you’re actually writing a game that’s not going to be a clone of all the fighters that already exist.

4 – Pussycat Puss

This is a character where David’s natural tackiness is a perfect fit – the cat doing all of these things actually makes sense, much less when the cat is pulling out various props for moves. Even the awkward cartoony limo can be fairly forgiven on account of the character, and from there on out you can have all sorts of fun as you stack up, hammer down, and generally position your cat gangster minions. The playstyle is certainly a bit simplistic, but it does what it does very well and doesn’t directly retread any ground. The aerials were rushed in to complete the set after it was already posted unfortunately, but sometimes a generic ground the foe air game passes when the rest of the set is already so good and wacky.

3 – Dr. House

Farfetch’d having 2 movesets is bad enough, but Dr. House having 3 is just outright stupid, right? You’d think that, but Dr. House is actually attempting versatility and adaptability, and his moves don’t always change all that much based off his mode, so it’s more like 2 movesets. None the less, one of the more serious criticisms of this moveset would be to simply remove the neutral mode. Either way, this moveset achieves versatility by countering specific foes based off the way they play. While the individual movesets are bland, they’re only bland when not taken in the context of versatility, which this moveset can actually pull off. Simply having more tools to counter the foe isn’t enough – with House’s mindgames to make the foe think he’s playing one way/going to play one way, the foe will play a certain way which they wouldn’t otherwise to counter you, which you in turn can predict and counter to completely throw them off. Metamindgames are on prime display here, and you won’t find a better example in the entirety of this MYM.

2 – Yukon

Yukon’s one of my favorite sets for Z plane abuse, as rather than simply hitting foes in those planes he focuses on placing traps in those planes, something that no other set has done boulders He has a surprisingly intuitive mechanic for making his pitfalls for spinning around in a 3D circle, and from there he has plenty of cool spacers such as impaling foes on his pickaxe boulders The boulders of course are an excellent addition to the set and manage to flow into the surprisingly offensive playstyle boulders Most of the filler can be forgiven due to Yukon needing to actually pressure the foe into dodging, though yes, there’s plenty of tacky things in the moveset that come in a package deal with David, such as a throw that does nothing but move your minions and grabbing the foe with a sled boulders

1 – Marvin

Marvin is the usual kind of campy trappy character with an aerial affinity you’re all familiar with. What Marvin does well here is not through raw concepts, but stellar execution. Marvin doesn’t constantly build up to a single playstyle, as while he has plenty of stage control and angles he can fire projectiles from thanks to his uair, he can also seamlessly transition to a Strangelove style threat of blowing up the stage. From there, he can play king of the hill with the foe as he only occasionally steps on the remaining bit of land, but does his best to prevent the foe from ever getting there with his surprisingly versatile projectiles. Every move has some sort of purpose in this set, whether it flows into something already in the set or introduces another level entirely for Marvin.

Smady

Smash Master
MYM11 User Rankings Final Fortnight

Welcome to the User Rankings! Every Monday, I'll be compiling the entire of the last week's activity in the thread and showing off, just who is the most active member? The point of this exercise is to recognise the most dedicated among us – those make your movers who are currently pushing the boundaries, as well as highlighting all movesets made by them.

To get on this list, you need to have made a moveset in this or a previous Make Your Move, as well as having posted in the Make Your Move 10 thread. The cut-off point for tallying usually is 3:59PM on Monday EST, 5:59PM PMT or 11:59PM GMT, however this week proceedings rolled over to Tuesday due to a delay. Other removals or changes are at my own discretion. The breakdown of points is as follows:
30 points for a Moveset
5 points for a Comment
4 points for a Secondary Submission
2 points for a Secondary Submission Comment
1 point for a Regular Post
+Regular Posts do not stack
+Secondary Submissions are MYminis, Joke Movesets and other miscellaneous submissions
So first, to explain how this user rankings actually works. I was meant to post this on Tuesday, but due to an internet outage, was delayed. I soon forgot about the whole thing amid organising my advertisements: lo and behold here this is, finally. This only counts up until this past Tuesday, enabling any post-submission period comments to be counted, but not counting advertisements [as they are forced activity].

This week rounded out the contest well, delivering a batch of sets and a lot of comments from the usual suspects. It wasn't quite the hurrah some had hoped for, but it did deliver some quality movesets. Heading the pack for once, was myself, with moveset Cyrus in my left hand, and a buncha comments in the right. Was very happy to place top in this important last week - ending on a high note is always good. Smashbot and Junahu were similar stories - posting Zecora and Minnie the Minx respectively - good show one and all.

As far as overalls go... I can now reveal the winner, drum roll please... congratulations ForwardArrow! With an amazing 712 points, FA wins this contest overall. I have to give props to second and third place, though. It was incredibly close in the end, MasterWarlord had a just as impressive total of 705, and how can one forget the incredible commenting streak by smashbot226. In all, though, I must say I absolutely loved this contest for sets and this is most definitely the best contest so far. Keep on trucking, guys!

Remember to check out the stadium to find all of the sets mentioned.

Overall User Rankings

Points: 85, Movesets: Linebeck, Mask DeMasque, Gruntilda, Copycat, Giant Bat, Medusa, Mummy Men, The Creature, Piggybank, Dragonite, Pyoro, Minnie the Minx

Points: 54, Movesets: Octavia, Jack Skellington, Po, Aisling

Points: 36, Movesets: Gangreen Gang, Le'Quack, Hammerhead, JJJ, Iggy Koopa, Beezwax, Dedede Remix, Crawdaunt, Goriath

Points: 34, Movesets: Vol Opt, Kyubey, Fruit Yummy Mummy, Gatsaf, Kyoko Sakura, Elesh Norn, Jin-Gitaxias, Sheoldred, Urabrask, Vorinclex, Slaking

Points: 31, Movesets: Pachirisu, Margaret Moonlight, Appetizer

Points: 31, Movesets: Boom Boom, Dark Star, Kanden, 88 Teeth, Jeff Madrox, Glaceon, Darth Vader, Tul-Bak-Ra

Points: 31, Movesets: King K. Rool, Double Header, Bowser, Gaston, Burgermeister Meisterburger, Kloak

Points: 30, Movesets: Fright Knight, Buizel, Kenji and Hisao

Points: 30, Movesets: Rulue, Malcolm, Marian, Draco Centauros

Points: 8, Movesets: Marvin the Martian, Freaky Fred, Pussycat Puss, Count Chocula, Princess Kraehe, Dr. House, Yukon Cornelius, Olimar Remix, The Grinch

Points: 1, Movesets: Majora's Sceptile, Leviathan, Deviljho, Jinouga, New Destroyman, Garrick, Mello, Metal General, Galacta Knight

Points: 1, Movesets: Sayaka Miki, Cutey Mark Crusaders, Invidia, Whispy Woods, Mr. Dooter, Magolor

Katapultar

Smash Lord
:3 MYMXII Plans :3

Hellmaster Fibrizo (Slayers): A very powerful and evil demonic entity whose true personality and form are in complete contrast to his initial child-like appearance. He manipulates both the living and the dead with his immense power to get what he wants, which happens to be nothing short of chaos. Human emotions are like puppet strings for him to pull and tug at as he pleases, to which he greatly enjoys the pain and suffering his victims go through.

Medusa Gorgon (Soul Eater): A manipulative Witch with an affinity for snakes and an endless amount of smug confidence thanks to being able to seduce everything around her and cause madness. Her biggest plans usually involve great risk, but have massive pay-off to them if they succeed. She is the type who never loses her wicked composure, even if she happens to be losing.

Yutaka Kobayakwa (Lucky Star): A cute "little" girl who could almost fit into that fun little Katawa Shoujo game because of her frail nature. After learning a bunch from my experience with Ayano, Yutaka is my second shot at making a moveset for an "ordinary girl with no powers"...and she doesn't even use any props! Try telling me that it's impossible to make a moveset for a ordinary person after I post this, non-believers! :smirk:

Each of these 3 are actually only 6 inputs or so away from completion, so their sets do have an almost guaranteed chance of coming into existence as I gradually post their awesomeness. But in the meantime, I can only tease you all with teasers. I won't reveal anything else, because to be quite frank, I have a whole bunch of other plans, and showing them all would probably not yield the best results. None the less, now you all know what to expect from me around the beginning of what should be an epic MYM12.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
So then. The nominees for the Make Your Move 11 Awards are set. Get your votes to me via private message by 11:59 pm EST next Thursday. Please do not cast any more than the allotted amount of votes for a category: I WILL make you change your votes if you do. That said, happy voting!

Best Moveset Designer (choose 5)
ForwardArrow
MasterWarlord
Junahu
Smash Daddy
Davidreamcatcha
BKupa666
Smashbot226
Kholdstare
ProfPeanut
phatcat203
LegendofLink
n88_2004
KingK.Rool
Nicholas1024
Zook

Best New Designer (choose 1)
Clownbot
Holder of the Heel
BladeKnight420
Sir_Slash
ottobot

Best One-Hit Wonder (choose 2)
Raspberyl by crash826
Venustoise by BlackFox
Box Man by Akiak
Reznor by MarthTrinity
Sonic the Remix by JOE!
Mr. Minecraft by ottobot

Best Pokemon Moveset (choose 5)
Cubone by LegendofLink
Pichu by LegendofLink
Grovyle by phatcat203
Medicham by phatcat203
Crawdaunt by MasterWarlord
Venustoise by Blackfox
Shelmet by Clownbot
Swalot by Smash Daddy
Trainer Mark by flyinfilipino
Glaceon by n88_2004
Dragonite by Junahu
Buizel by darth_meanie
Pachirisu by getocoolaid
Majora’s Sceptile by majora_787
Slaking by ForwardArrow

Best Halloween Set (choose 7)
The Creature by Junahu
Giant Bat by Junahu
Mummy Men by Junahu
Medusa by Junahu
Copycat by Junahu
Piggybank by Junahu
Mouse Man by KingK.Rool
Flat Top by KingK.Rool
Luci Fulci by KingK.Rool
J. Jonah Jameson by MasterWarlord
Hammerhead by MasterWarlord
Count Chocula by Davidreamcatcha
Pussycat Puss by Davidreamcatcha
Dr. Facilier by smashbot226
DOR-15 by kitsuneko345
Fright Knight by darth_meanie
Jack Skellington by Profpeanut
Sweeney Todd by half_silver28
Death by Smash Daddy
Fruit Brute by Clownbot
Firebrand by Hyper_Ridley
Gatstaf by ForwardArrow

Best Moveset Mechanic (choose 8)
J Jonah Jameson by MasterWarlord
Iggy Koopa by MasterWarlord
Beezwax by MasterWarlord
Urabrask by ForwardArrow
Kyubey by ForwardArrow
Jin-Gitaxias by ForwardArrow
Sayaka Miki by SirKibble
Invidia by SirKibble
Kloak by BKupa666
Burgermeister Meisterburger by Bkupa666
Mummy Men by Junahu
Giant Bat by Junahu
Moon Child by Sir_Slash
Chaos 0 by LegendofLink
Lucio Fulci by KingK.Rool
King Ramses by Kholdstare
Box Man by Akiak
Trainer Mark by flyinfilipino
Fefnir by Nicholas1024
Octavia by ProfPeanut
Rapunzel by kitsuneko345
Dark Star by n88_2004
Ayano Minegishi by Katapultar
Fright Knight by darth_meanie
Party Pete by Clownbot

Best Playstyle (choose 7)
Vorinclex by ForwardArrow
Urabrask by ForwardArrow
Elesh Norn by ForwardArrow
Vol Opt by ForwardArrow
Jin-Gitaxias by ForwardArrow
Beezwax by MasterWarlord
Marvin the Martian by Davidreamcatcha
Yukon Cornelius by Davidreamcatcha
Mummy Men by Junahu
Giant Bat by Junahu
Cyrus by Smash Daddy
Death by Smash Daddy
Phantom by Kholdstare
Teru Mikami by Kholdstare
Sayaka Miki by SirKibble
Dark Star by n88_2004
Octavia by ProfPeanut
Box Man by Akiak
Yuffie Kisaragi by half_silver28
Shelmet by Clownbot
Ayano Minegishi by Katapultar
Venustoise by Blackfox
Raspberyl by crash826

Funniest Moveset (choose 6)
Buizel by darth_meanie
Kenji and Hisao by darth_meanie
Kyubey by ForwardArrow
Yummy Mummy by ForwardArrow
Copycat by Junahu
Dragonite by Junahu
Ayano Minigishi by Katapultar
Yukari Takara by Katapultar
QWOP by Kholdstare
Teru Mikami by Kholdstare
Dr. Facilier by smashbot226
Battleheart by smashbot226
Po by ProfPeanut
Gaston by BKupa666
Yuffie Kisaragi by half_silver28
Dr. House by Davidreamcatcha
Uboa by Sir_Slash

Most Improved Designer (choose 4)
ForwardArrow
Davidreamcatcha
Kitsuneko345
Profpeanut
Getocoolaid
smashbot226
SirKibble
majora_787
BladeKnight420
crash826
Nicholas1024
Zook

Most Helpful MYMer (choose 3)
Davidreamcatcha
Smash Daddy
MasterWarlord
ForwardArrow
Junahu
MarthTrinity
SirKibble
Legendoflink
ProfPeanut
KingK.Rool

Funniest MYMer (choose 4)
TheSundanceKid
MarthTrinity
phatcat203
MasterWarlord
Davidreamcatcha
Junahu
Holder of the Heel
Kholdstare
smashbot226
Katapultar
tirkaro
half_silver28

Best Commenter (choose 3)
MasterWarlord
ForwardArrow
KingK.Rool
LegendofLink
Smash Daddy
n88_2004
Junahu
Katapultar
ProfPeanut
smashbot226

Best Leader (choose 2)
MasterWarlord
Smash Daddy
Bkupa666
LegendofLink
Nicholas1024
ForwardArrow

MYM11 WINRAR (choose 4)
ForwardArrow
MasterWarlord
Davidreamcatcha
Junahu
Smash Daddy
n88_2004
BKupa666
LegendofLink
smashbot226
SirKibble
ProfPeanut
KingK.Rool

Special Award: Most Missed MYMer (choose 8)
GreatClayMonkey
RWB
HeoandReo
TWILTHERO
Iron Thorn
cheap_josh
KoJ
Chief Mendez
Spadefox
agidius
princesspeachluver13
Pelikinesis
Cruxis
Tanookie
Baloo
emergency
goldwyvern
phatcat203
Wizzerd
Usershadow7989
kirbywizard
koopakirby
Thrice
Wrkngclsshr
GibbytheCreator
Scyphozoa
(SMIRK2)

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
Top 10 Junahu Sets

I guess I'm just being a knock-off of Warlord here, but I do feel that having produced the most sets of anyone in the contest, I felt it was only fair to give Junahu his own little countdown. I mean, 13 sets is a pretty ridiculous feat, even if some of them were a little less than great if you know what I'm saying.

Sets that didn't make the list are Linebeck, Dragonite, and Minnie the Minx. I guess you could call Minnie an honorable mention since unlike the other two I didn't absolutely despise it, but really the set just amounts to a very generic trap character with intentional tackiness spread throughout. It's one thing for a set to be tacky, but it really annoys me when the author does it on purpose.

Pyoro is an interesting little set, though for a while we mistook it for not being a set at all, and then for being a direct port. I suppose having 6 moves that aren't just mirrored inputs will do that. Junahu later added a grab game, but I don't think it really alleviates the problem the set suffers of being too easy to counter, since he just has so many variations on the same move that he's just incredibly predictable. For what it's worth, there are a lot of potentially cool tricks you can pull with the seeds though, which makes the set at least tolerable for me. As much as I hate the amount of mirrored inputs, there certainly is a fair bit of depth here, or at least far more than you expect.

I'll be quite blunt and say Copycat is barely even a set, more of a reading experience. It is a fun little creepypasta, with the almost obnoxiously cutesy Copycat rambling on and on about her awesome "Clefairy"... and as you read the set you see more and more than this little Pokemon isn't what it seems to be. Especially once you get to the throws, which allow the Clefairy to sacrifice her own trainer in probably the most interesting part of the playstyle. As for the rest of the set... well, there is flow but it ultimately falls flat as not really having a concrete playstyle, which is a huge blow to it on a whole. Still, it's worth a read regardless, you aren't going to find a similar experience in any other set.

Mask DeMasque is, like the previous sets, not made in a style that appeals to me in the slightest. He feels very random and disjointed in a lot of his moves, perhaps it's fitting but the set is on a whole rather awkward and doesn't flow all THAT well. Mind you, the cage game is pretty fun, maybe we have seen it before but I still like that he can put it on a table and roll it off a cliff for a gimp KO. Maybe it's not a very good set, but for what it's worth I found it very charming in a bizarre sort of way, I can't really place my finger on why I prefer it over Pyoro or Copycat. That said, if you are finalizing your vote lists now and have not read this it is not a set I think you need to rush out and read.

Medusa is a lot more interesting than I thought she was at first glance, what with how she can pressure a stoned shield and creates a really scary pressure game where the foe cannot afford to screw up. She is in fact a purely aggressive character, something that we still do not see a lot of in Make Your Move or even Brawl. That said, Medusa is broken through the roof with some of her attacks, considering how good she is at pressuring the foe with the stoning, not to mention the easy as hell to land and incredibly powerful grab game, which while contributing to her pressure still strikes me as scary OP. That, and I really hate the amount of the moveset that was dedicated to spiting projectiles, but I tend to hate projectile reflectors on a whole (mostly because I don't enjoy playing with them in Brawl).

Piggybank is honestly a pretty interesting set, despite relying on an ammo bank. The main reason for that I suppose, is that the ammo bank in question is not 100% a good thing, since it makes it harder for her to move, though she can also dump coins all over the stage in piles. The piles also make for some fun considering she can teleport between them with the Down Aerial. I guess I feel the set could have flowed a fair bit better, all things considered, as I feel most of the moves don't really flow together, but the set still does have a pretty solid concrete playstyle. And what interactions are there ARE pretty fun, I just don't feel that the other moves connect in a subtle way like they really should.

The Creature has a fair bit more flow than Piggybank, and actually has a fairly solid concept of having a nigh-invulnerable lower body that he has difficult defending, and an upper body that is much easier to attack. Junahu supplements this by giving him all these great attacks that will only really work if the foe has jumped up in the air in front of you. That said, it is a rather flawed work, what with it not having a proper air game and the playstyle being possibly overly simplistic with little to it beyond having ways to discourage the foe and ways to force them onto the ground where they have so much more trouble fighting you. That, and obviously there was some wasted potential where Junahu could have used lightning attacks and such. None-the-less, the playstyle is certainly something we have not seen often(I don't think at all), so it deserves credit for that.

Now this is a set I can dig, perhaps just due to the nature of the character being so utterly ridiculous. I mean, it's a ball of zombies so big it barely even fits on the screen. While most of the set just amount to firing out zombies, Granfaloon still manages to have a surprising amount of depth to it's playstyle. You can build up stacks of zombies, burn segments of yourself creating some risk-reward elements. But really, I just dig the incredibly zany nature of the character and how Junahu somehow manages to make it work. Certainly it's a very simplistic set and has a lot of mirrored inputs, not to mention it probably is rather overpowered simply due to the overwhelming nature of the character. Simplicity isn't a bad thing neccesarily though, and truth be told the set really needed to be straightforward to work. If nothing else, the set deserves credit for being such a ridiculously crazy concept.

Gruntilda's main point of appeal, perhaps, comes from her ability to manipulate her projectiles with her neutral special. There's plenty of nifty ways to manipulate all of the attacks you throw out. Not to mention, you can bait them around the stage by throwing around your head, which compliments this zoning/camping part of her game incredibly well. Certainly, it's tacky and for the most part is comprised of ideas we've seen before, but what is unique in this set is a lot of fun, and it honestly feels very well characterized. Obviously flaws abound in the fact that she has some nasty filler at points and I'm far from a fan of the part of her game where she tries to regain her youth, but none-the-less it is a very fun, well put together set, even if it is technically a parody.

Mummy Men is one of the reasons the Castlevania movement is held in such high regard, and for good reason. The set allows the player to create all these unique structures for the Mummy Men to utilize, whether to make sure the stupid AI doesn't kill itself or create almost mazelike structures that the Mummy Men are so good at navigating. The parts of his game that suppliment this are really cool, such as the ability to poke into another room with the Up Tilt and pester them with attacks. My main complaint, I suppose is, would be that as good as the set is now, this set absolutely could have been better. A lot of the inputs really are very bland and don't contribute much to the Pyramid building or navigating, which is a shame. This could have been perhaps the best set in the contest had he been willing to go the extra mile. That said, it's still a really good set and one you absolutely should not miss. not that anyone cares anymore

Now Giant Bat, is a purely brilliant set. Giant Bat can split off tons of miniature bats from his main body, creating wind hitboxes to direct them around in streams, creating multiple loops of bats that the main bat can fly around in between, perhaps building up his momentum with the glide attack or bombarding the foe with fireballs. It's an amazingly flowing set, and manages to contain a shocking amount of depth in such simple moves. I admit, I love this set for the same reasons I loved Kabutops, and you all know how highly I praise that set. This is among the best things Junahu has made, and certainly worthy of a Super Vote. Or a Regular Vote if you have no taste. :glare:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Since this is a public resource, I'm gonna remind you guys that this exists by putting it here in preparation for the Top 50 of MYM11. I went ahead and tweaked this so that it currently shows an up-to-date display of "active" (Green) and "inactive" (Red) MYMers. The point totals and averages are only up to date with MYM10, however, so. Yeah. That'll have to wait, now won't it?

As a refresher for what is already there, these numbers are put into a mathematical formula based off Top 50 performance.

TOTAL SCORE is a number representing your performance throughout your MYM career, giving unranked sets a value of 0 and ranked sets a value of 1-50. PCP, or

POINTS PER CONTEST, is a number representing your average contest performance... Basically, the number of points you amass every Top 50 you place in.

If there are mistakes in the Activity Labels, let me know if someone DID INDEED post a set in MYM10 or 11, and I marked them as INACTIVE by mistake.

TOTALS

1. MasterWarlord (1437) - 8
2. KingK.Rool / Axx o Nn (1000) - 7
3. Junahu ( 836) - 8
4. BKupa666 ( 730) - 8
5. Hyper_Ridley ( 723) - 8
6. SirKibble ( 662) - 5
7. MarthTrinity / KingofAllCosmos ( 639) - 9
8. darth_meanie ( 587) - 5
9. Smash Daddy ( 373) - 6
10. *Chief Mendez ( 310) - 2
11. Agidius ( 302) - 6
12. Chris Lionheart ( 280) - 6
13. n88_2004 ( 277) - 3
14. JOE! ( 244) - 5
15. Kholdstare ( 211) - 6
16. *Spadefox / Horiin ( 195) - 2
17. *El_Duderino ( 192) - 2
18. *MetaLord ( 189) - 1
19. *TWILTHERO ( 181) - 5
20. *Commander Bltizkrieg ( 180) - 2
21. *Wizzerd ( 153) - 3
22. *dancingfrogman ( 142) - 5
23. LegendofLink ( 136) - 2
24. Plorf ( 128) - 4 *SkylerOcon ( 128) - 4
25. half_silver28 ( 126) - 8
26. *RWB ( 116) - 2
27. *Fawriel ( 111) - 1 *The Nerd ( 111) - 1
28. *Iron Thorn ( 101) - 2
29. *GreatClayMonkey ( 95) - 2
30. Nicholas1024 ( 94) - 2
31. *UserShadow7989 ( 91) - 3
32. *Mario_And_Sonic_Guy ( 88) - 1
33. *Copperpot ( 87) - 1
34. Smashbot226 ( 86) - 2
35. Kitsuneko345 ( 78) - 3
36. flyinfilipino ( 69) - 1 Tanookie ( 69) - 2 *cena_wolf ( 69) - 2
37. *Meadow ( 68) - 3
38. *goldwyvern ( 65) - 2
39. *Flying Dutchman ( 63) - 1
40. ForwardArrow ( 58) - 1 *emergency ( 58) - 2 *KoJ ( 58) - 1
41. *TheSundanceKid ( 57) - 3
42. *Stroupes ( 50) - 1 *Kirby M.D. ( 50) - 1
43. Davidreamcatcha ( 49) - 1 *cheap_josh ( 49) - 2 *kips ( 49) - 1
44. *The_Great_Panda ( 48) - 1
45. *IvoryFlame ( 47) - 1 *Sir Bedevere ( 47) - 1
46. *HeoandReo ( 42) - 2
47. *Smashbro29 ( 41) - 1
48. *PKSkyler ( 40) - 1
49. *Eaode ( 38) - 1
50. Phatcat203 / Thrice ( 34) - 2
51. *PolarisJunkie ( 33) - 1
52. *Vaul ( 32) - 1 *Sindel ( 32) - 1 *Samusrules93 ( 32) - 1
53. *sabrewulf238 ( 31) - 1
54. Gcubedude ( 30) - 2 *Insurance Salesman ( 30) - 1 *omega_ridley_x ( 30) - 1
55. *Frf ( 29) - 2 *Dream Land Works ( 29) - 1
56. *ArchimedesVI ( 28) - 1 *Mystickenji ( 28) - 1
57. *Eternal Smasher ( 27) - 1
58. *bivunit94 ( 26) - 1 *killbeast301 ( 26) - 1
59. *Cutter ( 24) - 2 *Koppakirby ( 24) - 2 *the melon!!!!! ( 24) - 1
60. Katapultar ( 18) - 1
61. Tirkaro ( 15) - 1 *cdilink ( 15) - 1
62. *The Trophy Master ( 14) - 1 *Crom ( 14) - 1
63. *john! ( 12) - 1 *quarzark ( 12) - 1 *OddCrow ( 12) - 1
64. wrkngclsshr ( 11) - 1
65. Akiak ( 10) - 1 *Somasu ( 10) - 1
66. *Moon/Sun ( 9) - 1
67. Chaos Swordsman ( 8) - 2 *Cheezball ( 8) - 1
68. HollowKnight ( 7) - 1 *Delta_BP26 ( 7) - 1
69. *Apemasta' ( 6) - 1 *ChiboSempai ( 6) - 1
70. *Jimneymebob ( 5) - 1
71. *frankisvital ( 4) - 1
72. *Hobs ( 2) - 1 *xX Bozy Xx ( 2) - 1
73. *Shake~ ( 1) - 1 *LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME ( 1) - 1 *Patchi ( 1) - 1

PPC

1. *MetaLord (189)
2. MasterWarlord (180)
3. *Chief Mendez (155)
4. KingK.Rool / Axx o Nn (143)
5. SirKibble (132)
6. darth_meanie (117)
7. *Fawriel (111) *The Nerd (111)
8. Junahu (105)
9. *Spadefox / Horiin ( 98)
10. *El_Duderino ( 96)
11. n88_2004 ( 92)
12. BKupa666 ( 91)
13. Hyper_Ridley ( 90) *Commander Blitzkrieg ( 90)
14. *Mario_And_Sonic_Guy ( 88)
15. *Copperpot ( 87)
16. MarthTrinity / KingofAllCosmos ( 71)
17. flyinfilipino ( 69)
18. LegendofLink ( 68)
19. *Flying Dutchman ( 63)
20. Smash Daddy ( 62)
21. ForwardArrow ( 58) *KoJ ( 58) *RWB ( 58)
22. *Wizzerd ( 51) *Iron Thorn ( 51)
23. Agidius ( 50) *Stroupes ( 50) *Kirby M.D. ( 50)
24. JOE! ( 49) Davidreamcatcha ( 49) *kips ( 49)
25. *The_Great_Panda ( 48) *GreatClayMonkey ( 48)
26. Nicholas1024 ( 47) *IvoryFlame ( 47) *Sir Bedevere ( 47)
27. Chris Lionheart ( 46)
28. Smashbot226 ( 43)
29. *Smashbro29 ( 41)
30. *PKSkyler ( 40)
31. *Eaode ( 38)
32. *TWILTHERO ( 36)
33. Kholdstare ( 35) Tanookie ( 35) *cena_wolf ( 35)
34. *goldwyvern ( 33) *PolarisJunkie ( 33)
35. *SkylerOcon ( 32) Plorf ( 32) *Vaul ( 32) *Sindel ( 32) *Samusrules93 ( 32)
36. *sabrewulf238 ( 31)
37. *UserShadow7989 ( 30) *Insurance Salesman ( 30) *omega_ridley_x ( 30)
38. *emergency ( 29) *Dream Land Works ( 29)
39. *dancingfrogman ( 28) *ArchimedesVI ( 28) *Mystickenji ( 28)
40. *Eternal Smasher ( 27)
41. Kitsuneko345 ( 26) *bivunit94 ( 26) *killbeast301 ( 26)
42. *cheap_josh ( 25)
43. *the melon!!!!! ( 24)
44. *Meadow ( 23)
45. *HeoandReo ( 21)
46. *TheSundanceKid ( 19)
47. Katapultar ( 18)
48. PhatCat203 / Thrice ( 17)
49. half_silver28 ( 16)
50. Gcubedude ( 15) *Frf ( 15) *cdilink ( 15)
51. *The Trophy Master ( 14) *Crom ( 14)
52. *Cutter ( 12) *koppakirby ( 12) *john! ( 12) *quarzark ( 12) *OddCrow ( 12)
53. wrkngclsshr ( 11)
54. Akiak ( 10) *Somasu ( 10)
55. *Moon/Sun ( 9)
56. Tirkaro ( 8) Chaos Swordsman ( 8) *Cheezball ( 8)
57. Hollowknight ( 7) *Delta_BP26 ( 7)
58. *Apemasta' ( 6) *ChiboSempai ( 6)
59. *Jimneymebob ( 5)
60. *frankisvital ( 4)
61. *Hobs ( 2) *xX Boezy Xx ( 2)
62. *Shake~ ( 1) *LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME ( 1) *Patchi ( 1)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
1) Death by Smash Daddy
2) Jin-Gitaxias by ForwardArrow
3) Urabrask the Hidden by ForwardArrow​
4) Chaos 0 by LegendofLink
5) Bowser by BKupa666
6) Beezwax by MasterWarlord
7) Mummy Men by Junahu
8) Darth Vader by n88_2004
9) Marvin the Martian by Davidreamcatcha
10) Giant Bat by Junahu

11) Sayaka Miki by SirKibble
12) Lucio Fulci by KingK.Rool
13) Iggy Koopa by MasterWarlord
14) Cyrus by Smash Daddy
15) Dr. Facilier by smashbot226
16) Phantom by Kholdstare
17) Vorinclex by ForwardArrow
18) CloudMan.EXE by Nicholas1024
19) Dark Star by n88_2004
20) J. Jonah Jameson by MasterWarlord

21) Box Man by Akiak
22) Gaston by BKupa666
23) Grand Doomer by Smash Daddy
24) Flat Top by KingK.Rool
25) Rapunzel by kitsuneko345
26) King Ramses by Kholdstare
27) Kobold Clan by Zook
28) Octavia by ProfPeanut
29) Gangreen Gang by MasterWarlord
30) The Appetizer by Getocoolaid

31) Fire Snake by Zook
32) The Penguin by BladeKnight420
33) Fright Knight by darth meanie
34) Le'Quack by MasterWarlord
35) Grunty by Junahu
36) Venustoise by BlackFox
37) Elesh Norn by ForwardArrow
38) Yuffie by half_silver28
39) Sweeney Todd by half_silver28
40) Batman by BladeKnight420

41) Aisling by ProfPeanut
42) Vol Opt by ForwardArrow
43) Kloak by BKupa666
44) Kyubey by ForwardArrow
45) Yukon Cornelius by Davidreamcatcha
46) Po by ProfPeanut
47) Mr. Dooter by SirKibble
48) Jack Skellington by ProfPeanut
49) Medusa by Junahu
50) Knight Man by Kholdstare​

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Big congratulations to Smady for winning his first contest, everyone knows how long you've invested into this community, and I'm sure this must be a wonderful commendation for you after your second contest as OP and one of the most successful contests ever. And a huge congratulations to ForwardArrow for cleaning up both Silver and Bronze; I don't have to be here often to know how desperately you wanted to do well.

I didn't read all of the movesets on this list at all, so I'd comment on the rankings, but I'm sure my opinions would be seen as quite contrarian, and it'd be in poor taste for me to complain if I didn't vote, so I'll settle for my approval of everyone who made it.

There's no concealing the fact that this is my worst showing since I made my first moveset on the last day of Make Your Move 5, but it's become increasingly clear to me that my approach has fallen out of favor. Nevertheless, I've hardly expended my entire bag of tricks, and maybe come next contest you might even get to see some of them.

Congratulations to everyone again, and best of luck in MYMXII.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Hmmmm...all I can say is, that this is one hell of a heavy blow for me, and I definitely can't say I'm not shocked...still, I kinda saw this coming what with knowing the general mindframe of MYM. Even when I saw that my main supporters weren't voting I was still at least hopeful that I would at least get a placing, but I knew that at the same time there were QUITE a number of very good sets posted in this competition what with there being 146 in all, and the standards are increasing ever-so-highly. It's most certainly interesting to see some overall opinions here and really, I think I can greatly understand how and why all this came to be, especially when like-minded people come together and opinions can waver at the drop of a hat what with the plethora of Type 1s out there.

I was and am still sure that this was my best MYM ever in terms of set quality, and I'm still proud of myself for making what I made even if I didn't place. I had hoped to try and get on the Top 50 through sheer effort in order to bypass any negligence towards the characters I made or that of myself, though it doesn't seem to have worked, nor does it seem like it ever will. I 100% believe that Ayano is my absolute best set of all time and I put a lot of competent thought into her, though she's kind of a shining example to me that a set can falter via general appeal through sheer concept alone, even if said concept is put together nicely. I've at least learned that much from her, as well as the fact that it's okay to make normal non-fighting people fight in MYM.

Part of me feels that actually trying to appeal to the masses, which is what we're all really trying to do, is completely futile, ESPECIALLY in my case, but on the other hand some of the above set placings make me feel that I could actually very well obtain a very competent placing if I keep trying (gonna try and beat my record so I can get a new picture for the MYM Rankings!), though I want to obtain such by making sets for characters I want to make them for. I've learnt at least one thing through my set experiences in this comp which I've applied to my "future" sets in the work, which I can at least try posting next MYM even if I finally collapse and lose the will to keep on MYM'ing for good.

30) The Appetizer by Getocoolaid​
All I can say is...I envy this position. But in the meantime, congratulations Geto for finally getting through that long road to the Top 50...no, 30! Yours is probably the one set out all the ones that made it that gives me enough optimism to believe I can do what you did with enough effort, but then again I'd have to do the impossible and appeal to MasterWarlord...:c

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Terrific end to a contest as chock-full of quality sets as the last one. A well-earned, decisive win for Smady was a nice cap to it all, and FA's dominant finish was a nice reward for his consistent hard work as well, although that Urabrask finished behind Jin was a bit surprising to me. Aside from a few strangely high placings, I am quite satisfied with the end result. Although I did not best my MYMX showings, I remain confident that my future works, as well as those of our other participants, will continue to blow minds across the contest.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
but then again I'd have to do the impossible and appeal to MasterWarlord...:c
Don't become that guy Katapultar. You can continue to improve the way you make sets and what you do, but don't be that guy. You've got your own style and personality that's got value of its own.

Besides, last time you came up with an idea Warlord liked, he made a genre of moveset based on it and named it after himself.

And if it makes you feel better, I did worse than the Appetizer too. Congrats Geto.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Don't become that guy Katapultar. You can continue to improve the way you make sets and what you do, but don't be that guy. You've got your own style and personality that's got value of its own.

Besides, last time you came up with an idea Warlord liked, he made a genre of moveset based on it and named it after himself.
Hehe, wasn't actually planning on "becoming that guy" in the first place! But really, thanks for the encouraging words DM, they really mean a lot! Now I have the strength of a bear!

half_silver28

Smash Ace
1) Death by Smash Daddy
5) Bowser by BKupa666
7) Mummy Men by Junahu
10) Giant Bat by Junahu 11)

Pretty good top 10: it's not exactly what I wanted, but most of the placings are pretty expected. Shocking to see Vader up there, though the only one I really don't like is Bowser. Congrats to all the top 10 placers and Smady for finally winning one.

Sayaka Miki by SirKibble
12)
This very much disappoints me, especially when I was expecting it to EASILY get to the top 10.

Yuffie by half_silver28
39) Sweeney Todd by half_silver28
40)
I was kind of hoping that I'd be able to break that 38th spot that's usually an impassable barrier for me, but I'm satisfied that both of my sets placed regardless. But I can't help but think that Yuffie would be higher if there weren't some people opting out/forgetting to vote.
Kyubey by ForwardArrow
45)
Nice to see Kyubey make it of course; such a fun set can't be help back by number crunching.

All in all I'd call this a successful contest for both myself and MYM in general. I obviously approve of very minimal changes being made to the top 50, which is how it should be. That being said, I came up with a personal top 50 for fun in ten minutes. I won't be able to answer why some sets are above others, I did this quickly after all.

(1) Sayaka, Giant Bat, Vorinclex, Phantom, Death, Grovyle, Facillier, Cloudman, Box Man, (10) Chaos 0, Beezwax, Marvin, Gaston, Fefnir, Flat Top, Elesh Norn, Kobold Clan, JJJ, Batman, (20) Rapunzel, Kyubey, Dark Star, Mummy Men, Urabrask, Jin-Gitaxias, Vader, Fright Knight, Knight Man, Linebeck, (30) Lucio Fulci, Medusa, Kyoko Sakura, Skarner, Aisling, Teru Mikami, Venustoise, Cyrus, Mouse Man, Hammerhead, (40) Fire Snake, Bass.EXE, Shelmet, Octavia, Iggy Koopa, Grunty, Harpuia, Ayano Minegishi, Mr. Dooter, Elspeth, (50) King Ramses​

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Congratulations to everyone for an excellent Top 50. Lots of great sets this contest, and I think the overall quality of the Top 50 proves that. Some really awesome sets even coming to the bottom of the list. A few sets I would've liked to see a bit higher than they placed, but hey, you can't win 'em all. Speaking of which...

[Top 10]

11) Sayaka Miki by SirKibble​

But hooray for highest protagonist on the Top 50. (HIPPO)

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
*spits out metaphorical drink* They ALL ranked?!? Whoa, I can't be thankful enough, guys. Big congrats to all the winners, especially ForwardArrow (who probably wasn't expecting Jin to beat Ura,eh?)

:phone:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I'm the only one who ever bothers to credit said moveset besides you (When you haven't so much as mentioned it since MYM 7), not just for inventing the genre, but in general. If it wasn't for me coming out and stating it personally I doubt anyone would ever have even made the connection between the movesets.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Geez, learn to take a joke would you?
From someone else, sure, but pretty much everything you say is laced with unparalleled layers of venom. Far too natural for you.

Darth Meanie said:
The day that Katapultar sells his soul to the Top 50 though is the day that Make Your Move dies.
I never asked Katapultar to do any such thing. You're the one trying to influence him.

Darth Meanie said:
Actually, don't. It's too funny to watch you get mad over this.
So you're not denying you're only popping in to troll, then.

n88

Smash Lord
1) Death by Smash Daddy
5) Bowser by BKupa666
7) Mummy Men by Junahu
10) Giant Bat by Junahu

Also, the rest of the Top 50​

Nice top ten. I'm not crazy about Beezwax or Giant Bat (though I do like the latter more than when I first posted that horribly unfair comment on it), but it's still pretty strong overall. Really (pleasantly) surprised that Vader snuck in here. And Dark Star did well, too, which is great. Bit disappointed that Linebeck missed, but oh well. Thanks for the votes everyone! :bee:

Also, I should have a few sets going up in a few days for my own little Juntober equivalent, so it'd be nice if we didn't get the thread locked, hmm?​

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
When you show up in xat to do nothing but claim FA's placings were obtained via "pandering to me" and leave within 5 minutes, it's pretty difficult to call me butthurt.
DM actually stuck around for a while, I was just talking to him in Private Chat.

Bleh maybe it's not my place to break up arguments, but come on DM even admitted it was a joke. Admittedly it wasn't presented as such and I don't approve either way, but it's not like you both haven't been doing this sort of thing to each other since MYM8. I really wish you two could just let this stuff rest.

Yes, I am terrible at playing mediator, I just really don't like watching you two fight.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Lucio Fulci seems to have made it big pretty strictly on the support of a few - just like any good cult classic. If you like him, you like him. Thanks to those four people, and to the other eight voters, thanks for contributing to MYM's most enduring institution unlike a few jerks I can think of, and to smashbot, (FLIP)

At long last the win for Daddy. Undoubtedly deserved and long delayed (speaking as one of few who thought Raiden was quite perfect right where he was on the MYM 5 top ten). Congrats, man, and also to the cluster of relatively recent MYMers dominating the top ten nowadays (particularly FA - but also a shout-out to Nick, who seems to have been undeservedly shafted this time around). Congrats, Prof, Akiak, geto (finally!), Zook, BK (if you're still there), and BlackFox. And everybody else of course, as ever.

It's fun to see Kibble back up near the top, not least because it means that the Big 3 of MYM4 is now neatly lined up, juuust outside of the top ten (yes, yes, Beezwax exists, and yes, yes, I am incredibly pleased with myself for beating all but one of Warlord's sets with a moveset he gave 4/10).

And now for a few more notes:

:awesome: nice to see some top tens go up, others picking up my slack while I hiatus it up again

:awesome: I regular-voted Keldeo and didn't vote N. Brio at all

:awesome: I love fighting and watching fights is kinda cool too I guess

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Shut up ForwardArrow. Mommy and Daddy are talking.

And yes Warlord. I do just pop in to troll. The venom is just for show. So this isn't a fight guys, for once I agree with Warlord!

As far as my placement goes, I'll freely admit this was a huge hit to my pride. I only made one set that was remotely intended to go big though. I'm not going to argue with how the votes went, because I know Fright Knight was hardly my best, and if I was whining about my own placement when I didn't vote for a single other moveset, that would make me a pretty incredible jerk, wouldn't it?

I do apologize that my joke to ForwardArrow was in poor taste. I thought we'd cleared it up between us, but if there's any bad blood between us, let me know. I'd hate to have a poor relationship with my own alt.

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
Eh, don't worry. I admit I was a bit offended at the time, but a joke is a joke.

I'll get actual comments on the Top 50 up tomorrow or something, but I have to say this was a really excellent set of results. I could legitimately say this is one of the best contests we've ever had, thanks to you all for participating.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Hey look, Kobold Clan and Fire Snake both placed! :D It's nice to see how I've improved as a moveset design after being little more than a lurker since MYM 3. Congrats for a great contest, all.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Welp, apparently I've lost my touch

Guess ill just have to not make sets that aren't realistic anymore.....

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Noooo JOE! Stick to realistic sets, those have the most skill involved, and the most meaning! Or at least do some that are like that, your Sonic one was good.

Smady

Smash Master
Thanks to everyone who voted, and I'm extremely happy to have won this contest. After so long in the contest, I thought I would never have the honour, but it was really great to be able to do so, let alone in such a fantastic contest, as the OP and by such a huge margin. It's hard to believe it, but above all else, I am eternally grateful to everyone who participated in this contest and made it so wonderful. There were a lot of success stories and lots of people who have been in this for a while came out and delivered their best ever - great time to be in this game.

On Death, 1st place, yeah... I had an inkling this set would do well, but wow. Thanks to everyone who supported it, and I suppose Rool is right: it's good to have a successor to Dracula, in that way, it's a really lovely symbol of how far we've come, but also how we haven't forgotten why we're doing this. Special thanks to Junahu on this set, was real fun working on this set and it was my pleasure to take part in the CastleVania movement.

Cyrus placing just out of top ten was also quite shocking. I posted that set on the last day after months of deliberating on how to even make the concept work at all [and apparently even then, some people weren't completely sold on it], so that it could garner such an amazing placing is very appeasing. More Wizorb sets in the future...?
Never.

Grand Doomer was also quite high up all things considered. Warlord really laid into the set and I had figured as a result, it wouldn't do too well, but here it is in the top half of the top fifty. On a few accounts, this may be my most experimental set this contest, so glad to see that some people liked how it went.

There were a lot of people who deserve recognition this contest. ForwardArrow first and foremost for me, really killed it when it came to sets, and was far-and-away the best of us with his amazing Praetor project. Warlord and Junahu also came through with extremely diverse and enjoyable sets - it's interesting to note how Beezwax and Mummy Men resonated so strongly with voters, when they don't seem remotely akin to their author's typical style.

Furthermore, it was gratifying to see appreciation for people who never placed before, or haven't for a long time. Geto, Zook, Peanut, Smashbot, Kibble, Kits, BladeKnight, BlackFox... and even then, there were some deserving people who got left off. It's a tough competition, but remember that not placing doesn't mean your work isn't appreciated by someone.

And with that, I suppose that more-or-less brings this Make Your Move to a close un--don't lock mods, oh jeez! We'll be using the thread a bit to prepare for the next contest, or rather just posting about our plans and such. Keep chugging that sweet nectar of joy, Make Your Move. And remember - I personally orchestrated the deaths of Pokemon and Phatcat this contest for you. You know who you are. :bee:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Better to announce sooner than later, I suppose, so you can get those sets ready for next contest. . .

MYM 12's opening date is Saturday, February 10th, at roughly 5 PM EST.

And now for everybody's "favorite" part of any MYM thread - the part where we dump a bunch of plans that we probably won't actually do. In the least, I have actually outright finished one of these this time, and have work on two others.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Well, guys, since i suck at Photoshop/paint, I'll just dump my plans in here unedited. Excuse the crudeness. I've put these in the order of which they will most likely be done. Hell, some may be dropped for other plans. Let's just say thet as of right now, these are my most prominent ideas and these are the set ideas I'll be most willing to discuss or whatever.

Getocoolaid's MYM12 Plans
(As Of This Moment)

Toad

A simple set based around Mario Kart antics. Of course, inspirations include Beezwax and the Almighty Mach Rider. Proppy, trappy, but with a few added twists that I think that you'll enjoy.

Bane

A very serious set based around addiction and withdrawl, as Bane has a limited amount of time to overpower and obliterate his opponents before withdrawl from his Titan abuse sets in. And the timer gets getting shorter and shorter...

Dr. Peace

Obviously, a projectile based set that mostly has to do with wearing the opponent down with Projectile Hell. With almost no up-close game whatsoever, Dr. Peace may just be MYM12's personal sniper. (with pistols, but whatever)

Grim

A fly portal based set. Grim just wants to get his job done and then go and watch some of those reality TV shows. What better way to do thet than to banish them to the underworld...

Batman & Robin

Holy out-of-nowhere-comedy-sets! The Dynamic Duo seek only to rid Brawl of those fiendish foes by using their preparededness and their sharp wit! Tune in to see what happens when this set gets posted, same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel!

Judge Doom

I'm not entirely sure where this set will go, but I sure as hell can't wait to see what happens when my sick little mind delves into the nightmare that is Judge Doom.​

JOE!

Smash Hero
It's not even that... it's just that I dont feel like anyone even notices me anymore.....

I mean...

I tried to make a realistic set with a great, visual presentation.... but nah, people skimmed it... and even worse, Dr. Warlordnik apparently has the final say on what lives and dies...

It just makes me so.... sooo frustrated!

...no, I cant act out on that, I need to save it for when the time is right...

But, rest assured, MYM.... playtime is over, and I will have...

MY REVENGE!

MYM 12

majora_787

Smash Hero
Up to date with Make Your Move 11's Top 50.

Just a reminder of how to do this, since I will be leaving on writing hiatus during MYM12 and won't be able to do this... So someone else can do this for you guys instead.

The TOTAL is calculated by adding scores for each set that makes top 50. #1 = 50, #50 = 1. You add all of them together over every contest, and that's the TOTAL.

The PPC is calculated by dividing the TOTAL by the number of contests the MYMer has placed in.

TOTALS

1. MasterWarlord (1590) - 9
2. KingK.Rool / Axx o Nn (1066) - 8
3. Junahu ( 939) - 9
4. BKupa666 ( 813) - 9
5. Hyper_Ridley ( 723) - 8
6. SirKibble ( 706) - 6
7. MarthTrinity / KingofAllCosmos ( 639) - 9
8. darth_meanie ( 605) - 6
9. Smash Daddy ( 488) - 7
10. n88_2004 ( 352) - 4
11. *Chief Mendez ( 310) - 2
12. Agidius ( 302) - 6
13. Chris Lionheart ( 280) - 6
14. Kholdstare ( 272) - 7
15. JOE! ( 244) - 5
16. ForwardArrow ( 219) - 2
17. *Spadefox / Horiin ( 195) - 2
18. *El_Duderino ( 192) - 2
19. *MetaLord ( 189) - 1
20. LegendofLink ( 183) - 3
21. *TWILTHERO ( 181) - 5
22. *Commander Bltizkrieg ( 180) - 2
23. *Wizzerd ( 153) - 3
24. half_silver28 ( 151) - 9
25. *dancingfrogman ( 142) - 5
26. Plorf ( 128) - 4 *SkylerOcon ( 128) - 4
27. Nicholas1024 ( 127) - 3
28. Smashbot226 ( 122) - 3
29. *RWB ( 116) - 2
30. *Fawriel ( 111) - 1 *The Nerd ( 111) - 1
31. Kitsuneko345 ( 104) - 4
32. *Iron Thorn ( 101) - 2
33. Davidreamcatcha ( 97) - 2
34. *GreatClayMonkey ( 95) - 2
35. *UserShadow7989 ( 91) - 3
36. *Mario_And_Sonic_Guy ( 88) - 1
37. *Copperpot ( 87) - 1
38. flyinfilipino ( 69) - 1 Tanookie ( 69) - 2 *cena_wolf ( 69) - 2
39. *Meadow ( 68) - 3
40. *goldwyvern ( 65) - 2
41. *Flying Dutchman ( 63) - 1
42. *emergency ( 58) - 2 *KoJ ( 58) - 1
43. *TheSundanceKid ( 57) - 3
44. *Stroupes ( 50) - 1 *Kirby M.D. ( 50) - 1
45. *cheap_josh ( 49) - 2 *kips ( 49) - 1
46. *The_Great_Panda ( 48) - 1
47. *IvoryFlame ( 47) - 1 *Sir Bedevere ( 47) - 1
48. Zook ( 44) - 1
49. *HeoandReo ( 42) - 2
50. *Smashbro29 ( 41) - 1 ProfPeanut ( 41) - 1
51. *PKSkyler ( 40) - 1 Akiak ( 40) - 2
52. *Eaode ( 38) - 1
53. Phatcat203 / Thrice ( 34) - 2
54. *PolarisJunkie ( 33) - 1
55. *Vaul ( 32) - 1 *Sindel ( 32) - 1 *Samusrules93 ( 32) - 1
56. *sabrewulf238 ( 31) - 1
57. Gcubedude ( 30) - 2 *Insurance Salesman ( 30) - 1 *omega_ridley_x ( 30) - 1 BladeKnight420 ( 30) - 1
58. *Frf ( 29) - 2 *Dream Land Works ( 29) - 1
59. *ArchimedesVI ( 28) - 1 *Mystickenji ( 28) - 1
60. *Eternal Smasher ( 27) - 1
61. *bivunit94 ( 26) - 1 *killbeast301 ( 26) - 1
62. *Cutter ( 24) - 2 *Koppakirby ( 24) - 2 *the melon!!!!! ( 24) - 1
63. Getocoolaid ( 21) - 1
64. Katapultar ( 18) - 1
65. Tirkaro ( 15) - 1 *cdilink ( 15) - 1 BlackFox ( 15) - 1
66. *The Trophy Master ( 14) - 1 *Crom ( 14) - 1
67. *john! ( 12) - 1 *quarzark ( 12) - 1 *OddCrow ( 12) - 1
68. wrkngclsshr ( 11) - 1
69. *Somasu ( 10) - 1
70. *Moon/Sun ( 9) - 1
71. Chaos Swordsman ( 8) - 2 *Cheezball ( 8) - 1
72. HollowKnight ( 7) - 1 *Delta_BP26 ( 7) - 1
73. *Apemasta' ( 6) - 1 *ChiboSempai ( 6) - 1
74. *Jimneymebob ( 5) - 1
75. *frankisvital ( 4) - 1
76. *Hobs ( 2) - 1 *xX Bozy Xx ( 2) - 1
77. *Shake~ ( 1) - 1 *LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME ( 1) - 1 *Patchi ( 1) - 1

PPC

1. *MetaLord (189)
2. MasterWarlord (177)
3. *Chief Mendez (155)
4. KingK.Rool / Axx o Nn (133)
5. SirKibble (118)
6. *Fawriel (111) *The Nerd (111)
7. ForwardArrow (110)
8. Junahu (104)
9. darth_meanie (101)
10. *Spadefox / Horiin ( 98)
11. *El_Duderino ( 96)
12. Hyper_Ridley ( 90) *Commander Blitzkrieg ( 90) BKupa666 ( 90)
13. *Mario_And_Sonic_Guy ( 88) n88_2004 ( 88)
14. *Copperpot ( 87)
15. MarthTrinity / KingofAllCosmos ( 71)
16. Smash Daddy ( 70)
17. flyinfilipino ( 69)
18. *Flying Dutchman ( 63)
19. LegendofLink ( 61)
20. *KoJ ( 58) *RWB ( 58)
21. *Wizzerd ( 51) *Iron Thorn ( 51)
22. Agidius ( 50) *Stroupes ( 50) *Kirby M.D. ( 50)
23. JOE! ( 49) Davidreamcatcha ( 49) *kips ( 49)
24. *The_Great_Panda ( 48) *GreatClayMonkey ( 48)
25. *IvoryFlame ( 47) *Sir Bedevere ( 47)
26. Chris Lionheart ( 46)
27. Zook ( 44)
28. Nicholas1024 ( 42)
29. *Smashbro29 ( 41) Smashbot226 ( 41) ProfPeanut ( 41)
30. *PKSkyler ( 40)
31. Kholdstare ( 39)
32. *Eaode ( 38)
33. *TWILTHERO ( 36)
34. Tanookie ( 35) *cena_wolf ( 35)
35. *goldwyvern ( 33) *PolarisJunkie ( 33)
36. *SkylerOcon ( 32) Plorf ( 32) *Vaul ( 32) *Sindel ( 32) *Samusrules93 ( 32)
37. *sabrewulf238 ( 31)
38. *UserShadow7989 ( 30) *Insurance Salesman ( 30) *omega_ridley_x ( 30) BladeKnight420 (30)
39. *emergency ( 29) *Dream Land Works ( 29)
40. *dancingfrogman ( 28) *ArchimedesVI ( 28) *Mystickenji ( 28)
41. *Eternal Smasher ( 27)
42. Kitsuneko345 ( 26) *bivunit94 ( 26) *killbeast301 ( 26)
43. *cheap_josh ( 25)
44. *the melon!!!!! ( 24)
45. *Meadow ( 23)
46. *HeoandReo ( 21) Getocoolaid ( 21)
47. Akiak ( 20)
48. *TheSundanceKid ( 19)
49. Katapultar ( 18)
50. PhatCat203 / Thrice ( 17) half_silver28 ( 17)
51. Gcubedude ( 15) *Frf ( 15) *cdilink ( 15) BlackFox ( 15)
52. *The Trophy Master ( 14) *Crom ( 14)
53. *Cutter ( 12) *koppakirby ( 12) *john! ( 12) *quarzark ( 12) *OddCrow ( 12)
54. wrkngclsshr ( 11)
55. *Somasu ( 10)
56. *Moon/Sun ( 9)
57. Tirkaro ( 8) Chaos Swordsman ( 8) *Cheezball ( 8)
58. Hollowknight ( 7) *Delta_BP26 ( 7)
59. *Apemasta' ( 6) *ChiboSempai ( 6)
60. *Jimneymebob ( 5)
61. *frankisvital ( 4)
62. *Hobs ( 2) *xX Boezy Xx ( 2)
63. *Shake~ ( 1) *LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME ( 1) *Patchi ( 1)

Top Bottom