• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 11 - It's Over, Duder!

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
1647444895423.png

This user's MYM12 moveset forecast predicts a good chance of quality Pokesets, perhaps every two weeks or so...

1647444918753.png

...as well as a massive Nobody insurgence at an unspecified date. Anyone interested in this insurgence may contact this forecaster for further information.

Last edited:

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Hey guys...found out about this thread and I love it. Just finished reading for this...and it starts on my birthday!

I'll probably try my hand at this and, well, hope I don't suck too much. And IDK if it's appropriate for new guys to post future plans, there's one character I wonder if anyone knows of that I have in my pocket(And then it turns out someone submitted her or something). So, the one I have planned to get done SOMETIME in MYMXII...

Bonus cookies for everyone who recognized her!

Smady

Smash Master
Welcome to the community, Roy! It's fine for anyone to post plans, but I can't say I recognise the character.

n88

Smash Lord
A Small Birthday Celebration that Shall Remain Titleless

I don't have a fancy logo or anything, but I do plan, since I've gotten the go-ahead from the powers that be, on posting a few sets for my birthday - it's like a miniature Juntober for people named Nate!

The first set should be in the post directly after this one, and the second posted after just a couple hours' wait. I wouldn't look for the third until the wee hours of the morning. Anyway, let's get on with things, shall we?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Hugo-set KO mechanic said:
Each amp weighs the same as squirtle, but they share a damage gauge.

All four amps must be killed to take a stock off.
weighs the same as squirtle, but they share a damage gauge.

All four amps must be killed
they share a damage gauge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKayLq1d5Bs

...oh right, I'm supposed to comment on the overall set (smirk2). Uh...I think it's fun but I would like for the "movement" amp to look slightly different to help distinguish it's special role. Also, rather than a toggle for the crouch function, I think it might work better if it was "continue until you're done crouching", and give it a crawl so it can move while crouching.

but seriously I'm too busy orgasming over the raw epicness of finally balancing a Hugo set that requires the entire team to be KO'd.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
but seriously I'm too busy orgasming over the raw epicness of finally balancing a Hugo set that requires the entire team to be KO'd.

Oh, hi there. Were you just talking about me?

And in order to not be a jerk to n88 on his birthday, I'll comment this.

Amp has a similar problem that the Dark Star did in that it's very difficult to give the moveset any inputs that make sense in Brawl's control scheme, especially with the lack of specials due to the Hunter J mechanic. What about the Up Smash as an input indicates a no damage change in movement? I really think a different control scheme would have been in better shape here, but the problem is of course that it's very hard to do.

I do like the cleverness of moves that tether the amps to each other via electricity, but the movement pattern seems pretty awkward, especially if you're in a brawl with multiple players or characters and all the amps go off to do their own thing. Perhaps they could have stayed orbiting the movement amp and get sent out by other attacks, instead of occasionally returning to the movement amp with the taunt button, which would have given the player a much stronger feeling of centralized control and unity in the moveset itself.

Also, I did read Darth Vader. Overall I liked it, and felt you did a very good job of getting the feel of the Dark Lord down properly with his use of Force and saber attacks, and the use of obstacle throwing was probably as brilliant as it could get. The only real complaint I could have is that the rage mechanic seems unnecessary to me; he already has enough options to switch between melee and zoning at will and adding in an extra mechanic to regulate felt obtuse.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
POPULARIZED WAY TO GET FIRST SET IN MOVESET LIST

Funny Vlad is brought up here, as this does seem to classify as more of a duplicates set than a Hugo set due to all of the “characters” having the same moveset. I like the way of controlling the three amps you’ve established with the 3 buttons and automatic homing movement, though I doubt it’d work anywhere near as well if you actually had different characters involved.

There is one different “character” in the primary Amp, and he does a good job of controlling the movement of the other three. Assigning such unorthodox inputs to this amp feels. . .Awkward though. In a Hugo set where you have a character who directly responds to control stick movement (I. E. Golbat), whenever an attack for someone else is input that character moves a little, rather annoying. Here. . .Twitching the control stick even in the slightest for the moves of the 3 amps not only moves the main amp, but causes it to do attacks. These “attacks” also more often than not are meant for controlling the 3 amps. This makes it sound like a mess to control when it otherwise looks like a job well done.

Sharing a damage gauge as a balancing factor in general feels quite tacky, but more than this I would argue that it underpowers a perfectly fine character. It’d already make sets like my Hugo sets feel somewhat underpowered, and here when the amps are so light and three of them are so predictable once knocked off-stage (Think Bubbles) it feels like too much to ignore. Granted, the dtilt to stop exists in regards to that Bubbles statement of mine.

Of course, that’s a change that could be fixed in an instant once it’s tested in-game, but if that’s a selling point for the set I have to at least argue it. The ftilt and fsmash alone in combination with manipulating the amps’ positions sounds admittedly quite fun, but the awkward control scheme which I don’t think accomplishes that much in the first place due to some oversights prevents there from being enough moves.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Welcome to the community, Roy! It's fine for anyone to post plans, but I can't say I recognise the character.
Thanks for the welcoming! I doubt I'll be much good...but not a lot of people are that good just starting out, so hopefully I'll improve along the way!

PostmortemMessiah

Smash Cadet
I can honestly say I didn't expect to find a writing contest on a Super Smash Brothers forum. I don't know if I will make some horrendous self-embarrassing attempt at making a moveset myself, but I enjoyed reading some of those creations on the first few pages like QWOP and Vol Opt. I would really like to compliment you guys on your work, and I look forward to seeing some of the things that come out of this thread when you all start this up again.

... Er. Yes, I plan on being a no-good lurker. Sorry about that. But these are fun to read.

n88

Smash Lord

Due to a slight complication in my plans, my third set may have to wait until tomorrow night to be posted.

PostmortemMessiah

Smash Cadet
I thought that the contest had ended?

Err... Well. Either way. That was fun to read. I really like the way you put your sets in a transparent image. Very fancy.

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
Overall Rankings for Series

So since I felt bored I figured I'd see what the series that performed best overall on the Top 50 were. Points were distributed by 50 for 1st place, 49 for 2nd, 48 for 3rd, etc.

First Place- Magic: The Gathering: 147
Second Place- Castlevania: 137
Third Place- Mario: 136
Disney: 97
Looney Tunes: 69
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: 47
Sonic the Hedgehog: 47
Vigilante 8: 45
Star Wars: 43
Courage the Cowardly Dog: 42
Zombie Movie Directors: 39

Wizorb: 37
Legend of Zelda: 35
Mega Man: 34
Kirby: 32
Spiderman: 31
Batman: 30
Original Characters: 30
Dungeons and Dragons: 24
My Little Pony: 23
Powerpuff Girls: 22
Spongebob: 21
Danny Phantom: 18
Banjo Kazooie: 16
Pokemon: 15
Final Fantasy: 13
The Secret of Kells: 10
Phantasy Star: 9
Donkey Kong: 8
Christmas Specials: 6
Kung Fu Panda: 5

half_silver28

Smash Ace
All the votes are in and counted, so here's the results! As usual I'd like to thank everyone for sending in nominations and votes: I couldn't continue to do this without the support you guys have given my little 'unofficial' awards over the years. See ya next time!

Best Moveset Designer
1) Smash Daddy 9 votes
2) ForwardArrow 8 votes
3) MasterWarlord 7 votes
Junahu 5 votes
LegendofLink 5 votes
ProfPeanut 3 votes
Davidreamcatcha 2 votes
BKupa666 2 votes
phatcat203 2 votes
n88_2004 2 votes
KingK.Rool 2 votes
Smashbot226 1 vote
Kholdstare 1 vote
Nicholas1024 1 vote
Zook 1 vote

Best New Designer
1) Clownbot 5 votes
2) BladeKnight420 4 votes
3) Holder of the Heel 2 votes
Sir_Slash
ottobot

Best One-Hit Wonder
1) Box Man by Akiak 5 votes
2) Raspberyl by crash826 4 votes
2) Venustoise by BlackFox 4 votes
3) Reznor by MarthTrinity 3 votes
Sonic the Remix by JOE! 1 vote
Mr. Minecraft by ottobot

Best Pokemon Moveset
1) Crawdaunt by MasterWarlord 7 votes
2) Venustoise by Blackfox 6 votes
3) Shelmet by Clownbot 5 votes
3) Swalot by Smash Daddy 5 votes
Glaceon by n88_2004 4 votes
Pachirisu by getocoolaid 4 votes
Grovyle by phatcat203 2 votes
Trainer Mark by flyinfilipino 2 votes
Cubone by LegendofLink 1 vote
Pichu by LegendofLink 1 vote
Dragonite by Junahu 1 vote
Buizel by darth_meanie 1 vote
Slaking by ForwardArrow 1 vote
Majora’s Sceptile by majora_787
Medicham by phatcat203

Best Halloween Set
1) Death by Smash Daddy 7 votes
2) Giant Bat by Junahu 6 votes
2) Dr. Facilier by smashbot226 6 votes
3) J. Jonah Jameson by MasterWarlord 5 votes
3) Mummy Men by Junahu 5 votes
Lucio Fulci by KingK.Rool 4 votes
Fright Knight by darth_meanie 4 votes
Jack Skellington by Profpeanut 4 votes
Sweeney Todd by half_silver28 3 votes
Flat Top by KingK.Rool 3 votes
Medusa by Junahu 2 votes
Fruit Brute by Clownbot 1 vote
Hammerhead by MasterWarlord 1 vote
Firebrand by Hyper_Ridley 1 vote
Piggybank by Junahu 1 vote
Mouse Man by KingK.Rool 1 vote
DOR-15 by kitsuneko345
The Creature by Junahu
Copycat by Junahu
Count Chocula by Davidreamcatcha
*****cat **** by Davidreamcatcha
Gatstaf by ForwardArrow

Best Moveset Mechanic
1) Jin-Gitaxias by ForwardArrow 7 votes
2) Sayaka Miki by SirKibble 6 votes
2) Chaos 0 by LegendofLink 6 votes
3) Urabrask by ForwardArrow 5 votes
3) Lucio Fulci by KingK.Rool 5 votes
3) Giant Bat by Junahu 5 votes
Dark Star by n88_2004 4 votes
Beezwax by MasterWarlord 4 votes
Octavia by ProfPeanut 3 votes
Rapunzel by kitsuneko345 3 votes
King Ramses by Kholdstare 3 votes
Box Man by Akiak 3 votes
Party Pete by Clownbot 3 votes
Kyubey by ForwardArrow 2 votes
Mummy Men by Junahu 2 votes
Ayano Minegishi by Katapultar 2 votes
Fright Knight by darth_meanie 2 votes
Iggy Koopa by MasterWarlord 2 votes
Invidia by SirKibble 1 vote
J Jonah Jameson by MasterWarlord 1 vote
Kloak by BKupa666 1 vote
Fefnir by Nicholas1024 1 vote
Burgermeister Meisterburger by Bkupa666
Moon Child by Sir_Slash
Trainer Mark by flyinfilipino

Best Playstyle
1) Cyrus by Smash Daddy 6 votes
1) Death by Smash Daddy 6 votes
2) Jin-Gitaxias by ForwardArrow 5 votes
2) Giant Bat by Junahu 5 votes
3) Sayaka Miki by SirKibble 4 votes
3) Dark Star by n88_2004 4 votes
3) Urabrask by ForwardArrow 4 votes
J. Jonah Jameson by MasterWarlord 3 votes
Marvin the Martian by Davidreamcatcha 3 votes
Mummy Men by Junahu 3 votes
Vorinclex by ForwardArrow 3 votes
Phantom by Kholdstare 2 votes
Vol Opt by ForwardArrow 2 votes
Beezwax by MasterWarlord 2 votes
Box Man by Akiak 2 votes
Elesh Norn by ForwardArrow 1 vote
Yukon Cornelius by Davidreamcatcha 1 vote
Teru Mikami by Kholdstare 1 vote
Yuffie Kisaragi by half_silver28 1 vote
Shelmet by Clownbot 1 vote
Ayano Minegishi by Katapultar 1 vote
Venustoise by Blackfox 1 vote
Raspberyl by crash826 1 vote

Funniest Moveset
1) Kenji and Hisao by darth_meanie 6 votes
2) J. Jonah Jameson by MasterWarlord 5 votes
2) QWOP by Kholdstare 5 votes
3) Uboa by Sir_Slash 4 votes
3) Teru Mikami by Kholdstare 4 votes
Yummy Mummy by ForwardArrow 3 votes
Battleheart by smashbot226 3 votes
Buizel by darth_meanie 2 votes
Dragonite by Junahu 2 votes
Ayano Minigishi by Katapultar 2 votes
Yuffie Kisaragi by half_silver28 2 votes
Yukari Takara by Katapultar 1 vote
Dr. Facilier by smashbot226 1 vote
Po by ProfPeanut 1 vote
Gaston by BKupa666 1 vote
Dr. House by Davidreamcatcha
Copycat by Junahu

Most Improved Designer
1) ForwardArrow 7 votes
1) ProfPeanut 7 votes
2) SirKibble 5 votes
3) Getocoolaid 4 votes
3) smashbot226 4 votes
Davidreamcatcha 2 votes
Kitsuneko345 2 votes
majora_787 2 votes
BladeKnight420 1 vote
crash826 1 vote
Nicholas1024 1 vote
Zook 1 vote

Most Helpful MYMer
1) Junahu 6 votes
2) Smash Daddy 5 votes
2) MasterWarlord 5 votes
2) ForwardArrow 5 votes
3) Legendoflink 4 votes
KingK.Rool 2 votes
Davidreamcatcha 1 vote
SirKibble 1 vote
ProfPeanut 1 vote
MarthTrinity

Funniest MYMer
1) TheSundanceKid 6 votes
2) MasterWarlord 5 votes
3) Kholdstare 4 votes
3) Davidreamcatcha 4 votes
MarthTrinity 3 votes
phatcat203 3 votes
Junahu 3 votes
tirkaro 3 votes
smashbot226 2 votes
Holder of the Heel 1 vote
Katapultar 1 vote
half_silver28 1 vote

Best Commenter
1) MasterWarlord 8 votes
2) ForwardArrow 6 votes
2) Smash Daddy 6 votes
3) smashbot226 4 votes
LegendofLink 2 votes
Junahu 1 vote
Katapultar 1 vote
ProfPeanut 1 vote
KingK.Rool
n88_2004

Best Leader
1) MasterWarlord 8 votes
2) Smash Daddy 6 votes
3) LegendofLink 3 votes
3) ForwardArrow 3 votes
Bkupa666 1 vote
Nicholas1024

MYM11 WINRAR
1) ForwardArrow 8 votes
2) MasterWarlord 7 votes
3) Smash Daddy 5 votes
Junahu 4 votes
LegendofLink 3 votes
n88_2004 2 votes
SirKibble 2 votes
BKupa666 1 vote
smashbot226 1 vote
Davidreamcatcha 1 vote
ProfPeanut 1 vote
KingK.Rool 1 vote

Special Award: Most Missed MYMer
1) TWILTHERO 5 votes
2) Spadefox 4 votes
2) goldwyvern 4 votes
3) HeoandReo 3 votes
3) cheap_josh 3 votes
3) Chief Mendez 3 votes
3) agidius 3 votes
3) emergency 3 votes
3) phatcat203 3 votes
3) Wizzerd 3 votes
3) GibbytheCreator 3 votes
(TWITCH)
GreatClayMonkey 2 votes
Iron Thorn 2 votes
Baloo 2 votes
Usershadow7989 2 votes
koopakirby 2 votes
Wrkngclsshr 2 votes
Pelikinesis 2 votes
Tanookie 2 votes
KoJ 1 vote
RWB 1 vote
princesspeachluver13 1 vote
kirbywizard 1 vote
Scyphozoa
(SMIRK2)
1 vote
Cruxis
Thrice

Junahu

Smash Ace
MYM12 Avatar frames

It's that time yet again, to cast off our old frames, and put on slightly uglier ones. [click on the image to see it at full size]

This time, the avatars are a little bit more complex, though hopefully not too much so. The example avatars should give you a good gist of where everything goes. Note that these avatars are 124x124 pixels in size (NOT 125, which is the maximum allowed on SWF).
As always, do whatever you want with your own avatars, if you don't like the grey border, recolour it. If Stars are a hassle to place, don't bother. If you hate these frames, don't use em.

Just like in MYMXI, the self congratulatory star system is still around, and it hasn't changed in the slightest.

Basically, there are six stars you can earn through MYM, and each star is itself ranked from Bronze to Platinum. Bronzes are easy enough to earn, while Platinums take real effort. There's no official ceremony involved, when you think you've earned a star, go ahead and stick it on your avatar

So, how does one earn one of these mysterious stars? Well;

Star #1: Stylish Star
A star earned simply through placing on a Top50 list. Have any of your movesets ever made it onto one of our coveted Top50 lists? Then congratulations! This star is yours!
place anywhere in any past MYM Top50 list
place within the Top10 in any past MYM Top50 list
place 1st (i.e. WIN) in any past MYM top50 list
A one of a kind star. Only the winner of the MYMXI Top50 (in this case, Smash Daddy) may wear this coveted star.
Star #2: Proliferate Star
A star earned through the brute force of posting many movesets. How many movesets have you ever posted? Is it a lot? If so, this star is yours!
Have 3 movesets posted across your entire MYMing career, or post 2 movesets in MYM12
Have 10 movesets posted across your entire MYMing career, or post 5 movesets in MYM12
Have 30 movesets posted across your entire MYMing career, or post 10 movesets in MYM12
Have 60 movesets posted across your entire MYMing career, or post 15 movesets in MYM12
Star #3: Outspoken Star
A star earned through hard work and community spirit. When you read a moveset, you should tell the author what you thought of it. This is called "commenting", and if you make enough comments, you earn this star.
Comment 20 or more individual movesets in either MYM12 or MYMXI
Comment 40 or more individual movesets in either MYM12 or MYMXI
Comment 75 or more individual movesets in either MYM12 or MYMXI
Comment a staggaring 100 or more individual movesets in either MYM12 or MYMXI

Star #4: Tenacious Star
A star for those who never leave MYM. Earning this star means staying with MYM, posting at least one moveset in every contest. Yikes, I guess that's why it's called the "tenacious" star!
Either post a moveset in MYM12, or have a moveset posted in MYMXI. Welcome to the flock!
Either have a moveset posted in MYM12 and MYMXI, or have a moveset posted in MYMXI and MYMX. That's two contests in a row! Keep it up!
Either have a moveset posted in MYM12, MYMXI and MYMX, or have a moveset posted in MYMXI, MYMX and MYM9. Three down! I bet you're an old pro now!
Now for the tough one, 8 MYMs in a row, can you stick to it for this long? That's MYM12 to MYM4, or MYMXI to MYM3. Wow! So many memories!
Star #5: Mini Star
A star for the brave souls who enter the weekly MYmini contests. Just enter a whole bunch to earn this star
Enter at least 3 MYmini contests.
Enter at least 5 MYmini contests.
Enter at least 10 MYmini contests.
Enter at least 20 MYmini contests. Wow, you're dedicated!
Star #6: Selfish Star
The easiest star in the world to get... or the hardest. You are your own critic; do YOU think you've earned this star? If so, then you have, it's as simple as that
Are you a humble Bronze?
Are you a simple Silver?
Are you an entitled Gold?
Are you a godly Platinum?
By the way, if you don't feel like sticking stars directly to your avatar, you can always just paste in these stars () into your signature instead.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
That pentagon in the corner is incredibly inconvenient for anyone who can't hand draw their own sprites, but I feel pretty good about how this came out for about twenty minutes of work.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Funniest Moveset

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Funny enough, one of the reasons I made this set was to actually win this Award and I really thought I would with my structure of it and all, but in reality it was simply a case of it not actually getting people's attention in the first place; still, the 1st and 2nd placers were pretty pro as well now that I think about it. On the other hand however I was quite surprised and satisfied with what else was in store for me here what with I'm supposed to expect, because really I wouldn't have expected to have gotten any votes in the Moveset Mechanic and Playstyle bits. That's a win in its own way. Also, I'm still the ONLY one who's given RWB any love...

I'm also very, VERY proud of my Avatar too. It is very awesome and cool, with the color shadings and all.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
All the votes are in and counted, so here's the results! As usual I'd like to thank everyone for sending in nominations and votes: I couldn't continue to do this without the support you guys have given my little 'unofficial' awards over the years. See ya next time!
:awesome:

Best Moveset Designer
1) Smash Daddy 9 votes
2) ForwardArrow 8 votes
3) MasterWarlord 7 votes
Junahu 5 votes
LegendofLink 5 votes
ProfPeanut 3 votes
Davidreamcatcha 2 votes
BKupa666 2 votes
phatcat203 2 votes
n88_2004 2 votes
KingK.Rool 2 votes
Smashbot226 1 vote
Kholdstare 1 vote
Nicholas1024 1 vote
Zook 1 vote
Deserving placements all around, I think.

Best New Designer
1) Clownbot 5 votes
2) BladeKnight420 4 votes
3) Holder of the Heel 2 votes
Sir_Slash
ottobot
I think everyone probably saw this coming. Nonetheless, congrats, CB!

Best One-Hit Wonder
1) Box Man by Akiak 5 votes
2) Raspberyl by crash826 4 votes
2) Venustoise by BlackFox 4 votes
3) Reznor by MarthTrinity 3 votes
Sonic the Remix by JOE! 1 vote
Mr. Minecraft by ottobot
A little thrown off by Reznor being that low, (Did people not realize they could actually vote for it here or something? Eh, whatever.) but otherwise, well and good.

Best Pokemon Moveset
1) Crawdaunt by MasterWarlord 7 votes
2) Venustoise by Blackfox 6 votes
3) Shelmet by Clownbot 5 votes
3) Swalot by Smash Daddy 5 votes
Glaceon by n88_2004 4 votes
Pachirisu by getocoolaid 4 votes
Grovyle by phatcat203 2 votes
Trainer Mark by flyinfilipino 2 votes
Cubone by LegendofLink 1 vote
Pichu by LegendofLink 1 vote
Dragonite by Junahu 1 vote
Buizel by darth_meanie 1 vote
Slaking by ForwardArrow 1 vote
Majora’s Sceptile by majora_787
Medicham by phatcat203
To be honest, I read only a select few of these, but the placements seem fine. Wasn't a particularly terrific contest for Pokesets, was it?

Best Halloween Set
1) Death by Smash Daddy 7 votes
2) Giant Bat by Junahu 6 votes
2) Dr. Facilier by smashbot226 6 votes
3) J. Jonah Jameson by MasterWarlord 5 votes
3) Mummy Men by Junahu 5 votes
Lucio Fulci by KingK.Rool 4 votes
Fright Knight by darth_meanie 4 votes
Jack Skellington by Profpeanut 4 votes
Sweeney Todd by half_silver28 3 votes
Flat Top by KingK.Rool 3 votes
Medusa by Junahu 2 votes
Fruit Brute by Clownbot 1 vote
Hammerhead by MasterWarlord 1 vote
Firebrand by Hyper_Ridley 1 vote
Piggybank by Junahu 1 vote
Mouse Man by KingK.Rool 1 vote
DOR-15 by kitsuneko345
The Creature by Junahu
Copycat by Junahu
Count Chocula by Davidreamcatcha
*****cat **** by Davidreamcatcha
Gatstaf by ForwardArrow
Naturally, the #1 moveset of the contest was also #1 Halloween set. Some of these even being on the list seem a little silly, but it's all good.

Best Moveset Mechanic
1) Jin-Gitaxias by ForwardArrow 7 votes
2) Sayaka Miki by SirKibble 6 votes
2) Chaos 0 by LegendofLink 6 votes
3) Urabrask by ForwardArrow 5 votes
3) Lucio Fulci by KingK.Rool 5 votes
3) Giant Bat by Junahu 5 votes
Dark Star by n88_2004 4 votes
Beezwax by MasterWarlord 4 votes
Rapunzel by kitsuneko345 3 votes
King Ramses by Kholdstare 3 votes
Box Man by Akiak 3 votes
Party Pete by Clownbot 3 votes
Mummy Men by Junahu 2 votes
Ayano Minegishi by Katapultar 2 votes
Fright Knight by darth_meanie 2 votes
Iggy Koopa by MasterWarlord 2 votes
Invidia by SirKibble 1 vote
J Jonah Jameson by MasterWarlord 1 vote
Kloak by BKupa666 1 vote
Fefnir by Nicholas1024 1 vote
Burgermeister Meisterburger by Bkupa666
Moon Child by Sir_Slash
Trainer Mark by flyinfilipino
Wow, second only to Jin and tied with Chaos? Thanks, dudes!

Best Playstyle
1) Cyrus by Smash Daddy 6 votes
1) Death by Smash Daddy 6 votes
2) Jin-Gitaxias by ForwardArrow 5 votes
2) Giant Bat by Junahu 5 votes
3) Sayaka Miki by SirKibble 4 votes
3) Dark Star by n88_2004 4 votes
3) Urabrask by ForwardArrow 4 votes
J. Jonah Jameson by MasterWarlord 3 votes
Marvin the Martian by Davidreamcatcha 3 votes
Mummy Men by Junahu 3 votes
Vorinclex by ForwardArrow 3 votes
Phantom by Kholdstare 2 votes
Vol Opt by ForwardArrow 2 votes
Beezwax by MasterWarlord 2 votes
Box Man by Akiak 2 votes
Elesh Norn by ForwardArrow 1 vote
Yukon Cornelius by Davidreamcatcha 1 vote
Teru Mikami by Kholdstare 1 vote
Yuffie Kisaragi by half_silver28 1 vote
Shelmet by Clownbot 1 vote
Ayano Minegishi by Katapultar 1 vote
Venustoise by Blackfox 1 vote
Raspberyl by crash826 1 vote
Okay, I was kind of expecting the mechanic one, but even for overall playstyle, Sayaka made third place? (With several ties making her more like 5th - 7th place, obviously.) It really is an honor to have a moveset listed among the other winners, most of which are movesets I really admired.

Also, some nice Smady double-domination of the top spot there. :laugh:

Funniest Moveset
1) Kenji and Hisao by darth_meanie 6 votes
2) J. Jonah Jameson by MasterWarlord 5 votes
2) QWOP by Kholdstare 5 votes
3) Uboa by Sir_Slash 4 votes
3) Teru Mikami by Kholdstare 4 votes
Yummy Mummy by ForwardArrow 3 votes
Battleheart by smashbot226 3 votes
Buizel by darth_meanie 2 votes
Dragonite by Junahu 2 votes
Ayano Minigishi by Katapultar 2 votes
Yuffie Kisaragi by half_silver28 2 votes
Dr. Facilier by smashbot226 1 vote
Po by ProfPeanut 1 vote
Gaston by BKupa666 1 vote
Dr. House by Davidreamcatcha
Copycat by Junahu
No complaints. Solid results.

Most Improved Designer
1) ForwardArrow 7 votes
1) ProfPeanut 7 votes
2) SirKibble 5 votes
3) Getocoolaid 4 votes
3) smashbot226 4 votes
Davidreamcatcha 2 votes
Kitsuneko345 2 votes
majora_787 2 votes
BladeKnight420 1 vote
crash826 1 vote
Nicholas1024 1 vote
Zook 1 vote
Happy to have landed 2nd (really 3rd) here, especially with FA and Peanut above me, who I feel both deserve that victory big-time. The others on this list are well-chosen too.

Most Helpful MYMer
1) Junahu 6 votes
2) Smash Daddy 5 votes
2) MasterWarlord 5 votes
2) ForwardArrow 5 votes
3) Legendoflink 4 votes
KingK.Rool 2 votes
Davidreamcatcha 1 vote
SirKibble 1 vote
ProfPeanut 1 vote
MarthTrinity
Seems about right, though why I even got a vote is beyond me. :p

Funniest MYMer
1) TheSundanceKid 6 votes
2) MasterWarlord 5 votes
3) Kholdstare 4 votes
3) Davidreamcatcha 4 votes
MarthTrinity 3 votes
phatcat203 3 votes
Junahu 3 votes
tirkaro 3 votes
smashbot226 2 votes
Holder of the Heel 1 vote
Katapultar 1 vote
half_silver28 1 vote
Some complaints in the chat on this one... Personally, I didn't think anybody was really head-and-shoulders funnier than anyone else this contest. So meh, I don't have many thoughts either way here.

Best Commenter
1) MasterWarlord 8 votes
2) ForwardArrow 6 votes
2) Smash Daddy 6 votes
3) smashbot226 4 votes
LegendofLink 2 votes
Junahu 1 vote
Katapultar 1 vote
ProfPeanut 1 vote
KingK.Rool
n88_2004
Predictable results, but still good.

Best Leader
1) MasterWarlord 8 votes
2) Smash Daddy 6 votes
3) LegendofLink 3 votes
3) ForwardArrow 3 votes
Bkupa666 1 vote
Nicholas1024
Kind of funny how FA gets enough votes to land 3rd when he's been a leader for, what, a week? Something like that. Either way, congrats.

MYM11 WINRAR
1) ForwardArrow 8 votes
2) MasterWarlord 7 votes
3) Smash Daddy 5 votes
Junahu 4 votes
LegendofLink 3 votes
n88_2004 2 votes
SirKibble 2 votes
BKupa666 1 vote
smashbot226 1 vote
Davidreamcatcha 1 vote
ProfPeanut 1 vote
KingK.Rool 1 vote
And there it is. Congrats, FA. I had a feeling you'd take this one. Welcome to the League of WINRARs! :cool:

Special Award: Most Missed MYMer
1) TWILTHERO 5 votes
2) Spadefox 4 votes
2) goldwyvern 4 votes
3) HeoandReo 3 votes
3) cheap_josh 3 votes
3) Chief Mendez 3 votes
3) agidius 3 votes
3) emergency 3 votes
3) phatcat203 3 votes
3) Wizzerd 3 votes
3) GibbytheCreator 3 votes
(TWITCH)
GreatClayMonkey 2 votes
Iron Thorn 2 votes
Baloo 2 votes
Usershadow7989 2 votes
koopakirby 2 votes
Wrkngclsshr 2 votes
Pelikinesis 2 votes
Tanookie 2 votes
KoJ 1 vote
RWB 1 vote
princesspeachluver13 1 vote
kirbywizard 1 vote
Scyphozoa
(SMIRK2)
1 vote
Cruxis
Thrice
Yes, yes, and yes. It was so hard to choose in this category even though we had, like, a dozen votes. Everyone is a winner.

On a completely unrelated note, I've been meaning to post plans for a few days now, but keep adding new plans to the point where the list I had was far too unrealistic to expect myself to make in a single contest. Instead, I'll just post a short strip of a few plans here. I fully expect to make more than these, but here's a little taste of what you'll see from me in MYM12! :bee:

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
Bleh, may as well comment the Top 50. I've mentioned my thoughts on the awards in the chat, so all I'll say here is thank you guys so much for all your approval and help. Without you lot I'd never be at where I am now, movesetting wise. Let's see if I can do even better in MYM12(I'll probably have too if everyone keeps stepping up their game).

1) As much as we all said Death was the most likely winner on the surface, we all tried to pretend there was some sort of anti-hype train... and apparently there was none. This set won in a landslide of all landslides, and really I'd say it's deserved. It's a fantastic set and I congradulate Smady on the win.

2 and 3) Well, this is a very shocking, if nice turn of events. I sort of felt Giant Bat/Mummy Men or Marvin would take these spots, and it's really kind of amazing to place back to back on 2nd and 3rd. Mind you, I feel Urabrask is a stronger set than Jin, but I can't complain either way, big thanks guys. Crazy how far I came since placing 22nd with Homura...

4) Well, it's nice to see our new OP Top 5, and this is also probably the most un-Warlordian set to Top 5 since... dear god who knows. It's a really well put together and interesting set and to be honest I feel bad about that ridiculously unfair comment I gave it way back. Good job on not just finally Top 10ing, but Top 5ing LL

5) I'm so glad Kupa could place well with this set. I mean, sure it didn't best Baron or Pennywise, and it arguably wasn't as good as those sets. But none-the-less, Bowser got way too much hate and it's clearly Kupa put a ton of effort into the set, so it's nice to see that pay off.

6) Honestly, I'm convinced Beezwax is the best set in the contest for a variety of reasons, and I would've liked to see it place first. That said, it's nice to see it as high as it is, considering that like Bowser it received a lot of backlash. And hey, it's deservingly higher than Sid's Toys was last contest. That's gotta count for something, right?

7) Shocked to see this as low as it is, though to be fair I really wouldn't want it any higher. Mind you, still an excellent set, I do love the concept of building pyramids.

8) Everyone seems to be getting their personal favorites up high (except me and Warlord, but bah it happens), so congrats on Vader placing so well n88. Again, it's a real change of pace from what we normally see Top 10 and certainly not undeserved.

9) Bleh, I can't say I'm a big fan of this set. But nonetheless, Dave gets to Top 10 again, and this time Warlord can't claim it was his work. Good for him.

10) Better than Mummy Men honestly. That said, it's nice to see it Top 10 anyway, quite the brilliant little set.

11) I really wish this had Top 10ed instead of Marvin, mostly because it would have been nice to see a Madoka character Top 10. But alas, it was not meant to be. That said, 11th is still a great placing, so congrats Kibble.

12) Yay Fulci. Really came around on this set after thinking about it for a bit. It's rare we get to see a set manage to pull off what is almost an atmosphere, not to mention it seems like one of the most fun characters to play against in Make Your Move.

14) Oh wow, I didn't expect Cyrus to do this well, especially being posted in that last day block. Honestly I'd say it deserves even higher, but it's great to see it place this high anyway.

17) Considering Jin and Urabrask's placings I'm a bit surprised to see Vorinclex this low, partially because I consider him just as good as, if not better than Jin. None-the-less, Top 20ing with this set is still an honor, I'm glad you lot enjoyed it.

22, 27, 28, 30, 32) Well, it's nice to see a lot of new people (or at least people who weren't nearly this active before) do as well as this on the Top 50. Good sets all of from all of you, and I hope to see you lot continue to improve, perhaps showing you've got what it has to compete with the best of us. You're clearly almost there. ;)

33) Honestly, even though I turned my back on Fright Knight a while back and decided it was overrated as hell, I can't help but feel bad to see it place like this, especially with DM getting no other sets on the Top 50. That's got to be a bit of a blow, and I'm sorry if I was at all responsible. Better luck next time, anyway.

37) ...honestly I though Norn was a bit better liked than this, but Warlord not reading the set and vote split probably did it in a fair bit. None-the-less, I'm not bothered by this placing, I don't feel Norn is anywhere near my best.

42) Why is this on instead of Kyoko? Or above Kyubey. The set is honestly pretty bad and I don't see what you lot like about it so much. I just smashed together a bunch of random tacky interactions and pretended it flowed into anything beyond an obnoxious to play against, awkward camper. Though, what am I complaining, I have 2nd and 3rd. I suppose I should be glad that people enjoyed the set, however little I think of it.

44) I love you too Warlord. :smirk:

But yeah, regardless of my nitpicks with Vol Opt's placing, this was a really good Top 50 and it's really cool to see everyone come out and show what they've got. I think this might be the most competitive contest we've ever had (besides Death's landslide win), and it was a blast to participate in it all. Let's hope MYM12 is just as, if not more amazing. :bee:

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
I really wish this had Top 10ed instead of Marvin, mostly because it would have been nice to see a Madoka character Top 10.
Normally, I would fill this post with my comments about the Top 50, but given my views on the subject, I would prefer not to. Nonetheless, it was an excellent Top 50; thanks to those who voted Marvin and Yukon and congratulations, Geto, on your first placement. Many congratulations to those who won awards as well, particularly ForwardArrow, whose win was well-deserved.

n88

Smash Lord
[COLLAPSE="!?!?!"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Felt like doing something a little bit different this time around. Anyway, here ya go

n88

Smash Lord
As I'm sure you all know, MYmini activity hit a new low this contest. If you don't know that, then allow me to inform you that MYmini activity hit a new low this contest. So, in an attempt to drum up some mini love, I've opened up this little bet for everyone to enjoy. Maybe raising the stakes a little will liven things up, eh?

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Love the CSS, nate. Also, I'm officially gone until next monday. No contact available-I won't be able to respond

PostmortemMessiah

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry if this is a silly question or doesn't belong here, but when is the next submission period supposed to start? I haven't checked up on the thread quite lately.

Some of these plans look really neat though.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'm sorry if this is a silly question or doesn't belong here, but when is the next submission period supposed to start? I haven't checked up on the thread quite lately.

Some of these plans look really neat though.
It's scheduled to start on the 10th of February.

JOE!

Smash Hero
BANNER TIME!

Hey everybahdy, I'm making a new Banner for the Stadium / Bunker / Potato, and I need your help:

PM me your most iconic/favorite set you've made along with a pic, and you'll see what happens on friday! :awesome:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Hello. I'm Zzuxon. I am interested in posting at least 2 sets in MYM12. However, there is a problem. I am casual player with only limited Knowledge of advanced mechanics and the metagame. As a result I would like some help from more knowledgeable people in developing these sets. Please PM me if you'd like to help.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Hello. I'm Zzuxon. I am interested in posting at least 2 sets in MYM12. However, there is a problem. I am casual player with only limited Knowledge of advanced mechanics and the metagame. As a result I would like some help from more knowledgeable people in developing these sets. Please PM me if you'd like to help.
Hey, thanks for sharing your interest! You don't need to be an expert at Brawl in order to make a moveset here, all you need is a basic understanding of how the game works, what inputs there are, and what's reasonable for a move's balance, and the best way to do that is to read some movesets and familiarize yourself with them.

If you have an idea of something more complex you want to include, it's always a good idea to do some research on how specific mechanics might work, like freezing or move clashing.

Beyond that, there are some articles written by community members on the theory of design here, and there's almost always someone in the chatroom who will be willing to discuss any ideas you might have in more detail here.

Waver

Smash Cadet
NNID
WaverJR
3DS FC
2964-8605-0439
Switch FC
SW-1450-5084-6730
Hello! I have 2 movesets ready for the next MYM.

Do you people share FC's because I'm itching for a good Brawl. I'm an average brawler.

Another question. Is there a way you can change your smash status under your username?

n88

Smash Lord
Hey there Waver! Cool to see a new guy so enthusiastic about this.

We do share friend codes sometimes (I recommend dropping by the chat for that - there should be a link in the OP), though I confess that I don't brawl too much myself. As for the rank under your name, the only way to change it (aside from paying for a premium account) is to up your postcount.

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
Hey, thanks for sharing your interest! You don't need to be an expert at Brawl in order to make a moveset here, all you need is a basic understanding of how the game works, what inputs there are, and what's reasonable for a move's balance, and the best way to do that is to read some movesets and familiarize yourself with them.

If you have an idea of something more complex you want to include, it's always a good idea to do some research on how specific mechanics might work, like freezing or move clashing.

Beyond that, there are some articles written by community members on the theory of design here, and there's almost always someone in the chatroom who will be willing to discuss any ideas you might have in more detail here.
I have a few questions that I think wasn't mentioned in the OP.

1. I've read on this page that the deadline to join is the 10th; if I were to join this, would I be able to opt out if anything were to prevent me on doing movesets for the MYM?
2. Are these movesets restricted in any way?
3. If a character has been previously used for moveset purposes, would it be okay to use said character again?
4. Are there any monthly deadlines to keep track of?
5. Probably didn't see this (and if it was on the first page, I sincerely apologize), but I'm rather confused on the voting portion of the MYM. What would the winner receive, exactly?

Top Bottom