• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WORLD HOBO 4 - 550$ pot bonus -Be at venue EARLY! BRING FULL SETUPS(wii/ssbb/tv)

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
(((Announcement))) Lets make this years whobo 4 the biggest smash tournament to hit texas. With everyones help and support we can. I will be talking to sponsors soon about this event so once I get some info ill make an announcement. In the mean time I have created 2 flyers for this event and both of them are printable. I ask everyone to help us promote it. Pass them out to your friends and if your in school post them in areas were people can see them. You can click on each flyer to view different sizes. Im looking forward to a blockbuster weekend so register online now before prices go up at www.tysseries.com/whobo4 Ill also be making a list of the money matches so we can turn them into main events. Once money matches are confirmed post and ill create the schedule. Im hyped so LETS GO!

Black and White Flyer-> http://www.flickr.com/photos/22320833@N03/6845357511/sizes/l/in/photostream/
Color Flyer-> http://www.flickr.com/photos/22320833@N03/6845352495/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TearBear, ask Cloverleaf, panty raider, Zigsta and they should be able to hook you up.

:phone:

Xyro77

fliers and hotel resilinks have been added to the OP.

remember, venue fee will go up on april 1st. please reg asap.

Xyro77

Major Update & reminders

1. WHOBO 4 's pot bonus has been upgraded to 200$. This amount will only go up as time goes on.

2. A WHOBO 4 hype trailer has been made by airbrushking.net so check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU5xiYrio-8 this trailer is also on the OP.

3. Remember, venue fee goes up on April 1st 2012.

4. Info on discounted hotel prices is on OP.

Xyro77

You were LATE! $50 LATE FEE on my updates!
Since XYRO made the^ announcement
and
since the announcement was droped TODAY
that means
XYRO changed my mind.
so the new date was TODAY
and guess what
XYRO dropped the announcement TODAY
so
XYRO is exactly on time
like XYRO said.
LOL

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I thought plane prices would be cheaper but I'm surprised it cost abit more than the flight to NY.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Depends where you are flying into. Check prices from Dallas Austin and Houston

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Use hipmunk.com That'll give you a bunch of different rates in a pretty easy-to-read format, and you can mix and match one-way flights if times don't work for you.

Xyro77

I thought plane prices would be cheaper but I'm surprised it cost abit more than the flight to NY.
there are a few things you can do to help reduce price.

1. leave on a WEEKDAY(like thursday) and return on a WEEKDAY(like monday).

2. What DMG said. See if you can fly into Dallas/San Antonio/Austin and then hitch a ride to Htown.

3. sometimes one way flights are cheaper than round trip.

4. sometimes multistop flights are cheaper than nonstop flights.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
take it from prior experience...just spend the money and fly to houston. Alot less hassle in the end, TRUST ME

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The Bourne Legacy AND Total Recall come out the Friday before this. I'll totally fly down to Houston in time for a Smash movie night.

Who's down? :)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Depends where you are flying into. Check prices from Dallas Austin and Houston
Use hipmunk.com That'll give you a bunch of different rates in a pretty easy-to-read format, and you can mix and match one-way flights if times don't work for you.
take it from prior experience...just spend the money and fly to houston. Alot less hassle in the end, TRUST ME
there are a few things you can do to help reduce price.

1. leave on a WEEKDAY(like thursday) and return on a WEEKDAY(like monday).

2. What DMG said. See if you can fly into Dallas/San Antonio/Austin and then hitch a ride to Htown.

3. sometimes one way flights are cheaper than round trip.

4. sometimes multistop flights are cheaper than nonstop flights.
Thanks for the advice guys.
If anyone from Dallas/San Antonio/Austin is going, can you help me with a lift if I do fly in from those areas? I'll pay in pizza...or for gas and such.

The Bourne Legacy AND Total Recall come out the Friday before this. I'll totally fly down to Houston in time for a Smash movie night.

Who's down? :)

August 3rd, right?

Xyro77

I will be accepting all low tier MM at this event. My samus vs your anything.

Top Bottom