• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bring set TVs and set ups.

What should the final counter pick stage be

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Who-My future self and me and you. (Rob-402-305-5522)

What-A Melee and Brawl Tournament

Where-407 S. 78th St apt 5 (Venue is less than 2 minutes away from bus stop).

When-March 31st 2012, 12:30 a.m.

Why-Because you love Nebraska.

How-With the gift of life and motorized vehicles. MEGABUS.COM !!!!!!!!!

BRING TV's and Set ups!

Entry-Melee/Brawl singles-$5 or 10 depending on OOS interest
Melee/Brawl Doubles-$10 dollars, maybe 20 if that would impact OOS interest.

Rules-

Standard Melee Rules

Brawl-Unity but

*Option to have MK legal or banned. (Banned at this event)

*Option to have standing Infinites banned. (Like the stuff on Ness/Lucas and D3's craziness). (banned at this event)

Starters::battlefieldb::fdb::lylat::smashville: :yoshisb:

Counter::rainbowcruise::ps2::ps1::halberd: :delfino::??????????: (vote for this stage)

2 stage bans.

*Extra stages for doubles optional::pictochat::pirateship::japes::whateverjankystageyoulove:

Payouts-House will take 10%
The rest will be split 60/30/10 if 8 or more entrants
If less than 8 ~70/30
If more than 24 ~50/28/15/7

Housing-There is FREE housing available for any OOS people interested. I guess if instate needs some housing too that could be arranged.

Safety breaks required.

AIB Link

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
General Brawl Gameplay Rules
  1. 3 Stocks
  2. 8 Minute Time Limit
  3. Items set to "Off" and "None"
  4. Pause set to "Off"
  5. Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
  6. Meta Knight is discouraged if he isn't your true main. Like if you chose him no one will respect you or talk friendly with you and you might get beaten up in the parking lot by Mike Nims.
  7. Standing Infinite's banned
  8. There is a 40 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
  9. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
  10. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  11. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
    • In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
    • If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 18 is used for all characters.

Modified Rules for Doubles
  1. Team Attack set to "On"
  2. Life stealing is allowed.
  3. In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
  4. In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
  5. If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Set Procedure
  1. Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
  2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
  3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
  4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-1-1-1
  5. The first match is played.
  6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
  7. The Team that won the previous match may announce TWO "Stage Bans" if they have not already done so in this set.
  8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set unless agreed upon.
  9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  11. The next match is played.
  12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams will use a random method such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flip, or Game and Watch Judgment, where the winner selects either first choice in port selection or first choice in stage striking. Whichever team does not receive first choice in port selection will be compensated with first choice in stage striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).​

Stage List (Featuring TWO bans)

Starters | Counterpicks | Doubles
:battlefieldb:|:delfino:|:pirateship:
:fdb:|:ps2:|:greengreens:
:lylat:|:pictochat:|:halberd:
:smashville:|:japes:|:summit:
:yoshisb:|:rainbowcruise:|:ps1:

Conduct Rules
  1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
  2. In the event pause is pressed, press unpause after consulting your opponent if they are ready. In the event that you paused at a bad time, the TO is to be called and the situation will be evaluated. Results may vary, but may include loss of Stock or Matches or Sets depending on the situation.
  3. Coaching is allowed during matches, don't be a jerk and give out peoples obvious strategies mid-match.
  4. Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
  5. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
  6. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
  7. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
  8. DQ Rule: I will DQ you if you don't show up for your matches at a reasonable time. Trust me, I'm the easiest going person ever, but don't make me wait an hour for you while you are out to eat. Do not make me DQ you and your party.
  9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
  10. Regarding textures and other game hacks:
    • Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
    • Do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks. Also make sure your music doesn't suck.
    • Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.
  11. Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player's ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.

Resolving Pool Ties
In the event two or more players are tied at the conclusion of a round of pools, the following process will be done:

Players will be compared with each other on various criteria in this ordered precedence:
  1. Set Wins
  2. Head to Head
  3. Wins
  4. Losses
  5. One Game Rematch

If players are still tied on a step, you move down to the next one. For instance, if Player A and B both go 3-2 in sets in a round of pools, you will then proceed to the Head to Head step (who won the set between those players). Whoever won vs the other will proceed at the top of the tie.

If Head to Head can not decide a tie, then you would move down to the Wins step. This may occur in a three way tie where all three players defeated each other (however note that if one person in a three way tie defeats both other players, then the Head to Head comparison will be used).

If the tie breaker reaches all the way to the One Game Rematch step, this game will play out similar to the first game of any set (though doing best of one), where users will stage strike for the stage, and may double blind characters.

If at any point a tie of three or more players is partially resolved, still leaving two or more players tied, the tie between the remaining players will be decided by starting the tie breaker process over for them. For instance, if in a three way tie in the Wins step, one player has six wins while the others have 5, the player with 6 wins will be the top of the 3. The remaining two players will start back at Sets Wins to determine who is higher between the two instead of proceeding onto the Losses step right away.

•These rules are subject to change leading up to the event date. The Tournament Organizer reserves the right to remove you from the venue at his discretion for any reason.

•The Tournament Organizer and his assistents, and any persons helping run the event may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event. Nor will the Tournament Organizer, the venue, its owners, affiliates, employees, members, sponsors, or volunteers be held liable or responsible for any injury or harm that may befall a person during the course of this event. By entering the venue during the posted date you are displaying your agreement with this policy.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
What does a decent number of people mean to you? I'm sorting out the venue stuff this week (before the 7th) so I can start promoting.

Hopefully Joker/Bpow/Wang/Nom/CBK/Cpt. Love/Yink/JLO/etc... all come and Kansas decides to show up again.

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
I dunno, just enough for a decent tournament to make the trip worth it. But yeah I'm definetely interested in coming.

Edit: Also would need housing and a ride from the bus stop

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yeah man I got you.

Also, feel free to VOTE on the 6th and Final CP stage. Please only vote if you are planning on coming. I'll ignore votes from randoms or people who want to stack votes.

Unless, you like, vote for the one I want.

cue

Smash Journeyman
funding for a certain broken something..cough cough. Or we all forgot already?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
^^so true.

David if you ever wanted to host something, it'd be easier to do a benefit tournament for sure since you'd get the house cut and the glass cut.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
why would we donate. You are the one responsible lol. I wasn't even there,
Sm3esh-Don't worry, man, we'll all chip in, it's all our bads.
Mo-Yeah, for sure.

If we end up having a help feed davids starving water pipe foundation, you will all feel the wrath of the venue fee.

I voted Pirate Ship cuz captain morgan.
I assume that Thugz is gonna bring you along with?

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I'm still trying to coherse that co worker I mentioned to come. And trying to get a carpool of 3 (1 non-player) to make the trip more feasible. SD seems dead, sadly. Last "hope" was some SDSU player, and that's a 6.5hr drive. Better to make it 7 and actually have a talented player pool...

:phone:

Edit: i got that co worker interested, and it seems like you'd have two from SD coming

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Sweet. Also Trent said he would come if Iowa came this time.

Also no luck on a new venue, but Dans place would work again, especially since there's less stuff in the way now.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'll be able to answer that tonight/tomorrow when we have games and I figure out who's got work off and stuff.

On average at my melee tournaments we've had ~11 in state and ~5 OOS so about 16. Trying to get more though.

To answer the same question for brawl, we've had ~8 in state and ~5 OOS so about 13. Trying to get more.

Ballin

Smash Apprentice
I'll try to get Lincoln people to come.
I'm there for sure.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Sorry I can't make it. Already committed to visiting the gf for her birthday... I'll try to hit you NE guys up some other time though!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Well, we had a tie. So, as the tie breaker, I will vote for the last stage (since I voted for pictochat) between pirate ship and castlesiege.

Hope you guys like rum.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
please start the tourney before 4. Im sick of these all day exhausting tournaments. I could list several reasons why, but i wont.

If this cant be met, then just tell everyone its gonna start at like 7-8pm because we are waiting on entrants

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
This time im gonna ask for a ride :U

Messaged you.

please start the tourney before 4. Im sick of these all day exhausting tournaments. I could list several reasons why, but i wont.

If this cant be met, then just tell everyone its gonna start at like 7-8pm because we are waiting on entrants
Last time we started late because we waited for David to get off of work to appease KS and their desire to play him (iirc David wasn't at the last JBM gas money monthly that all those dudes came to).

I assure you, we will start singles before 7 unless like, I dunno, people take 3 hours out to eat again.

LTownThrowdown is on this day lol. Bpow is going to Lawrence
Yeah I am familiar with this. Lux decided to throw a local the same day as this even though I planned this a bit before he planed.

Even though that's true, I support Lux's decision to grow his local scene and to ignore Nebraska locals until it's worth his time to come to them instead of staying in state. Also, having a tournament the weekend before a big regional such as yours is obviously a smart idea anyway. Bpow told me that he's going to Lux's tourney due to the fact that he's gonna be spending a week there to prepare for said event. The rest of Iowa arent' coming because they are mad I haven't shown up in Iowa lately, which is a good reason too.

Yeah, the sooner the better. Military stuff came up and we need to head back asap on sunday

If you are planning on leaving like Saturday night/sunday morning, we might just start "early", but if you guys are leaving at like 10 a.m. the next morning it shouldn't be too big of a deal, there is no hype for this event as far as OOS, but in state melee should be interesting to watch due to the build up the last 2 months or so.

I haven't played brawl since the last time I played Tyser at Davids like 2 weeks ago so hopefully there will be upsets in that too.

Top Bottom