• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

McNinja

Smash Ace
Extender grapple,
I would use this sparingly.
Bombs are underused.

(From now on, all comments must be in haiku format)

:phone:

Beat!

Smash Master
1. 5-7-5 doesn't refer to syllables
2. Even if it did, it's just a rule of thumb for a very specific type of haikus. Haikus can be made in a lot of ways.

McNinja

Smash Ace
Okay. Haiku poems are too complicated now. I say we switch to limerick poems!

There once was a Samus from space,
Who had to get out of this place.
the alarm started sounding
So she started bounding
Then she left without leaving a trace!

Corigames

Smash Hero
In the line up, Samus does poor.
She shoots and kicks, but not more.
She tries her best.
I've forgotten the rest.
You're mother's a dirty *****.

mexicanmax227

Smash Apprentice
So Marth would prolly want to be above samus right? Ive been watching this vid for about 5 years know and finally see it differently. Tell me how many time you see this marth jump above samus and samus punishs with an upair( nhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ras6ohb5uM&feature=relatedot that effective) or just does nothing because he knows that his up air would be an insuffient punish. if youve got time of course.

Corigames

Smash Hero
IMO:
Marth wants to be below Samus, on the ground. If he gets her above him, there's not much she can do before she gets back on the ground. Also, if that video really is from 5 years ago, it's practically irrelevant to the current metagame.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Both Marth and Samus want to remain below each other. Samus's uair is a great punish. Also, Marth's dair is probably worse than Samus's, considering the lag and all that.

Edit: Just watched the vid and I don't get what you're saying at all. The vid is from Evo and it was uploaded in 2010.

Edit2: Ah, it's from Evo 2007. This metagame is irrelevant compared to what we have now.

when bedazzled once to hurry
and write an astounding flurry
of haikus of smash
i found that they clashed
with brawl's forum policy, but i didn't worry

;)

McNinja

Smash Ace
Well from my experience (idk if this is the best idea or not), Peach likes to float in the air. Missle in the air, Peach cannot float in the air (as easily). If the match doesn't last at least 4 minutes, you're probably playing it wrong lol. Samus Peach takes forever.

Corigames

Smash Hero
vs Peach:
-Stay grounded
-Effective tilts
-Dodge/grab off stage turnips
-Missile at float cancel height
-Don't CC, ever
-Shield her dash attack and expect either a grab, jab, or downsmash afterward.
-Don't get cornered, keep changing your positioning
-Edgeguard her with Fsmash, bair, and nair if possible, everything else will just help her get higher up (Dair never works on non scrubs)

That's my best advice

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
So Marth would prolly want to be above samus right? Ive been watching this vid for about 5 years know and finally see it differently. Tell me how many time you see this marth jump above samus and samus punishs with an upair( nhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ras6ohb5uM&feature=relatedot that effective) or just does nothing because he knows that his up air would be an insuffient punish. if youve got time of course.
Yeah you wanna be above Samus with Marth.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Samus vs. Peach. How?
Don't CC Peach's attacks. I'm not only talking about the obvious dsmash that Peach has, which will chew you inside and out if you try to CC it. Peach has other things that seem to be perfectly tailored to negating CC's, like float cancelled aerials and a good jab>grab combo. If she whiffs a dsmash, usually you can punish with a grab. Dthrow should combo into nair at anything past low %'s.

I talked to Duck at Apex about this MU and he said that you should never try to directly contest anything Peach does, cuz she will outright beat anything Samus has. Also, I say that edgeguarding w/ utilt is a very good option in this MU. My last note has to do with recovering. Those turnips are extremely annoying, but don't get frustrated. Do your best to dodge them, as they WILL knock you out of your bomb jump if they hit you, and I believe they can take out your bombs if they hit those.

Yeah you wanna be above Samus with Marth.
Lolz! Best advice I've ever heard. XD

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
How do you guys handle Fox's UP+B when done at eccentric angles? I notice it is quite hard to so without trading hits (which can lead to Samus being Uaired or just letting Fox live period), either using Up Tilt or F-Smash.

I've tried Nair was well but it's rather difficult to space when Fox is coming down or up from a 20 degree angle or crawl up the side of the stage where only the tip of the hitbox juts out (which trades or beats the U-Tilt)

Violence

Smash Lord
How do you guys handle Fox's UP+B when done at eccentric angles? I notice it is quite hard to so without trading hits (which can lead to Samus being Uaired or just letting Fox live period), either using Up Tilt or F-Smash.

I've tried Nair was well but it's rather difficult to space when Fox is coming down or up from a 20 degree angle or crawl up the side of the stage where only the tip of the hitbox juts out (which trades or beats the U-Tilt)
Watch Duck vids, **** Fox's recovery.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
I don't think a Peach would want to dash attack a CCing Samus for the same reason a Samus would not want to dash attack a CCing Peach. She'd get wrecked. I don't like depending on CC to counter her dash attack simply cuz she could always be mixing you up with a grab.
I still think Peach has better advantages in both scenarios. A properly spaced Dash attack also has an annoying retraction hitbox that can interrupt a CC Down Smash attempt.

Top Bottom