• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fund Dr Peepee to Smashers' Reunion(Norway): Current Status- Paying dudes back

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I think the biggest difference between this thread and many other "good player fund" threads, is that this is basically a $1000+ fund to send PP to play Armada. The western community doesn't care that much about Smasher's Reunion, because frankly, none of us will be at the tournament, and we don't particularly care about PP vs the rest of europe.

This is different than funding Ice/Armada/Captain Jack to an american tourny becuase:
1. We get to those guys in dozens of dream matchups we've always wanted to see
2. Many players who donate to the fund will actually be at the tournament and get a chance to play vs people they've wanted to play against for years.

In my opinion, the European community should get together and pay the fund if they want PP at their tournament, and I'm sure no one would object to that. But I'm not surprised that there has been so much backlash from the western community because the tournament isn't important to us.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
>.>

ill see if i can donate

you guys are seriously ******** for giving PP so much trouble ....

the community as a whole knew that Captain Jack would not make bracket at Apex and there was no complaining + what leffen said about shiz

Papero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paperio
Donating $20. I'd love to see more NA players go to European tournaments.

It's about time to see some of the NTSC big names take on the PAL Pros.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
!

I think the biggest difference between this thread and many other "good player fund" threads, is that this is basically a $1000+ fund to send PP to play Armada. The western community doesn't care that much about Smasher's Reunion, because frankly, none of us will be at the tournament, and we don't particularly care about PP vs the rest of europe.

This is different than funding Ice/Armada/Captain Jack to an american tourny becuase:
1. We get to those guys in dozens of dream matchups we've always wanted to see
2. Many players who donate to the fund will actually be at the tournament and get a chance to play vs people they've wanted to play against for years.

In my opinion, the European community should get together and pay the fund if they want PP at their tournament, and I'm sure no one would object to that. But I'm not surprised that there has been so much backlash from the western community because the tournament isn't important to us.
Speak for yourself. Demanding that Europe should pay all the funds for PP to come to Europe is bull*****. Especially considering all the money europeans has spent to come to your tournaments, and the fact that the best player in the world, who is also coming, is an European player. Everyone, regardless of nationality, should contribute to pay this fund. This is the first time an American TOP player will attend an european tournament, playing the PAL version of the game. This is something that should be in the interest of both Americans and Europeans.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Speak for yourself. Demanding that Europe should pay all the funds for PP to come to Europe is bull*****. Especially considering all the money europeans has spent to come to your tournaments, and the fact that the best player in the world, who is also coming, is an European player. Everyone, regardless of nationality, should contribute to pay this fund. This is the first time an American TOP player will attend an european tournament, playing the PAL version of the game. This is something that should be in the interest of both Americans and Europeans.
Relax :rolleyes:
I'm not demanding that Europeans alone pay for the fund. I'm explaining why some people in this thread have expressed disinterest or resentment towards this idea.

And for your information, the terms "I think" and "in my opinion" do mean that I am speaking for myself.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I understand disinterest, but resentment? Kinda ****ed up. No one's forcing you to chip in if you don't want to. I just kinda feel like we ought to throw the Europeans a bone... they do put down a lot of their own cash to come over here.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Donating $20. I'd love to see more NA players go to European tournaments.

It's about time to see some of the NTSC big names take on the PAL Pros.
Thank you very much man!

I started this fund early so anyone without money but wanting to donate later on could save up a little to do so, darkatma. =)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Donating 250$ to this fund, once I get to talk with you on AIM, PP.
Need to make sure things are settled before throwing away money in random directions ;)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Donating 250$ to this fund, once I get to talk with you on AIM, PP.
Need to make sure things are settled before throwing away money in random directions ;)
DANG

yes sir tonberry sir I will be on aim today SIR <333

PP if you're at Civil war 4 we should do a "$20 MM"

:phone:
What he said. He lives 200 ft from me so if we go, it wont be hard to find us both

:phone:
Idk if I can go for sure yet but I'll try to find out asap!

Mahone

Smash Champion
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHH TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Too good man xDDDDDDDDDDDDD... they see me TROLLIN

nice pony avatar man XDDD....

PONIES!!! GUYS AREN'T SUPPOSE TO LIKE PONIES ROFLLLLLLLLL

I.B

Smash Lord
I'm trying to go to Smashers' Reunion( http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=309106 ) in Norway this summer to play some PAL with my pals in Europe. I think it would be a great opportunity for the smash community at large to have some more traveling between countries. While I can probably only do this once, I'm hoping I may be able to start a trend or something lol.
I'm trying to go to Smashers' Reunion( http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=309106 ) in Norway this summer to play some PAL with my pals in Europe.
Norway this summer to play some PAL with my pals in Europe.
play some PAL with my pals
PP u punny guy

Niko45

Smash Master
Can't donate because I'm broke, but I'm excited at the prospect of a top American playing in Europe. Lol @ backlash to this considering some of the aforementioned ridiculous player funds that have gone down in the past.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Whats this at right now anyways?
Oh sorry! I had some potential donations I wanted to have come through first before I updated but they look like they're gonna take a bit so I'll update with what has actually been donated in the thread title soon.

WIDL

We Are Born
Well.

At the moment, all my money goes to my trip to the US (I'm going to Hollywood lol) in April, but in May (>_<, if still needed) I might be able to donate 30$-50$ or something. lol

VA

Smash Hero
I'll donate! if you team with me :awesome:

In all seriousness, if I can afford to chip in I will. Would be cool if you attended. PALco PP would be interesting to see.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well.

At the moment, all my money goes to my trip to the US (I'm going to Hollywood lol) in April, but in May (>_<, if still needed) I might be able to donate 30$-50$ or something. lol
I'll donate! if you team with me :awesome:

In all seriousness, if I can afford to chip in I will. Would be cool if you attended. PALco PP would be interesting to see.
Thank you both for your future help haha. =p

It'd be cool to play you VA. =)

So you have $78 so far or you need $78 more?
$78 so far.

VA

Smash Hero
Thank you both for your future help haha. =p

It'd be cool to play you VA. =)

$78 so far.
Sheesh I only just looked at your target. I figure in about a month a two I can afford to give you £15 which at the moment = $23.79 :)

But then you really will have to team with me ;)

Battlecow

Play to Win
lol you'd make more than that off of teaming with him

Peepee team with armada or something, that'll help cover the costs

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
armada will be teaming with aniolas like he needs to.

Top Bottom