• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
You played it well enough from your end, but it's tough to critique when it's quite apparent that Trevonte was ****ing around.

:phone:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Did anyone even look at my vids? I mean I havent posted vids here in a while and I thought people would wanna see some recent stuff of me. But if not, then thats fine. I'll just leave this thread to you guys.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I watched them Dark, the Snake and Ike ones at least. I firmly believe that if you played at that level consistently in tournament, you'd take a lot of names. The reads you make are fantastic.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Oh? Well thanks. I'll be working on that. But as I said in my blog, I won't be entering tournaments till like april. Hopefully when I am done I can do some damage.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Yeah I watched some of your videos Dark, work on your low% followup game, it seems like you give the opponent too many opportunities to hit you back. Don't be afraid to go in. Also work on your DI some more, and you'll do great. Still continue to use training mode and practice your skills so you don't lose what you've learned.

'V'

Smash Lord
I'm going to attend some tourneys this week, so hopefully I'll have more videos posted soon. I believe Hyro's making a comeback to the Louisiana scene, so any tips on the Toon Link matchup would be nice.

Also, do any of you Peach players have any solid secondaries to deal with bad matchups such as MK, Snake, or Dedede? I need some experienced recommendations.

Thanks!!! =]

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I'm going to attend some tourneys this week, so hopefully I'll have more videos posted soon. I believe Hyro's making a comeback to the Louisiana scene, so any tips on the Toon Link matchup would be nice.

Also, do any of you Peach players have any solid secondaries to deal with bad matchups such as MK, Snake, or Dedede? I need some experienced recommendations.

Thanks!!! =]
You could try Falco for those characters, or you can just learn them w/ Peach, although it's a lot harder.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I finally got a tourney video up!

LanceStern vs Dao Pools 1,2 and 3

Game 1 is at 0:00
Game 2 is at 8:06 (game 2 started after game 1 but the power went out, so we had to restart)
Game 3 is at 14:25

Someone help me get that KO! And any other helpful tips

And to be honest I pride myself at being great at the Peach ditto, but my oh my I got destroyed here:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yeah I watched some of your videos Dark, work on your low% followup game, it seems like you give the opponent too many opportunities to hit you back. Don't be afraid to go in. Also work on your DI some more, and you'll do great. Still continue to use training mode and practice your skills so you don't lose what you've learned.
Think I should work on my aggro game more cause it is poor as ****. Which is why I don't usually go in so much these days. And when I do, I get hit and lose matches. I'm playing aggressive alot more for practice though. My defensive game is already beast. So I am gonna start working on areas that need improvement.

My DI? it Seem fine to me. But if I can live longer then ok.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
New Excel_Zero!

Dusk (Lucario) vs Excel_Zero (Peach) 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSRpLcsYnxU
Dusk (Lucario) vs Excel_Zero (Peach) 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWBFbV6Vsi8&feature=related
Dusk (Lucario) vs Excel_Zero (Peach) 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBIvNybj3_A&feature=related
^^^^sexy instant ledge dash grab @ 0:46 game 5, Illy...you need to steal that!

Excel_Zero (Peach) vs Noux (ROB) 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4WK87HAdEc&feature=related
Excel_Zero (Peach) vs Noux (Snake) 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oIicLbBUzo&feature=related
Excel_Zero (Peach) vs Noux (Snake) 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrUf_WcebHU&feature=related
Excel_Zero (Peach) vs Noux (ROB) 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znz0TKujW88&feature=related

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Lance, I watched your set.

I don't know what happened to game two or with game three... it like glitched then reset or something really strange.

Your Peach is really good. Lots of strong mixups and really good reads. But I think you have to work on applying pressure and getting the kill a bit easier. Space more often with bair and out of shield nair a lot more. You don't punish hits on shield that well. If you know a Diddy is going to forward glide toss a banana right in front of you, just short hop nair him. You could have punished it multiple amount of times.

You've really fell into the use of fair for the go to kind of move as a player. It's bad because you are extremely predictable when going for a kill, but it's also good because I'm seeing some really nice spacing / predicting at lower percentages that you can save for later down your career. I'm seeing way too many double jump -> float -> fairs or just double jump -> float patterns. I think Dao punished that most often, actually. You're lucky that he really didn't pick up on it because he could have easily beaten it every time with banana -> fair.

USE MORE TURNIPS/PICK UP MORE BANANAS AND GLIDE TOSS MORE OFTEN.

This is like a given against Diddy lol. You didn't apply pressure with bananas at all, you gotta emphasize on that kind of stuff.

I really liked how you played for like parts of the first stock of the third / fourth or whatever game on Battlefield. You need to try to apply pressure like that at all times against your opponents and you will get loads better. Less double jump -> floats, and more short hop bairs or short hop -> float bairs / nairs or whatever. I hate saying this too, but more forward glide tossed turnips lol. You actually rarely do this and although it can be a bad habit for a lot of Peach players, I think it would help you tremendously. I'm probably rambling on right now, but you just have to drop your bad fair habits.

I really like your jab game and grab game. But you need to exchange those in some instances (especially at high percentages) for out of shield nairs or bairs to get that kill. If you work on having a faster Peach and you are golden. Your combo / stringing game is pretty strong.. but it could be a bit better. Focus on catching landings a bit more often with ground float mixups and try using f-tilt a bit more often to extend low percentage strings.

Alright, so I want you to watch your set and associate in all these things I'm talking about. I'm more than positive if you play Dao again and implement these simple things into your game you will easily 2-0 him.

Better reaction time/out of shield punishes at higher percentages. You will notice how many times Dao hit your shield and you really didn't do anything about it. ESPECIALLY GAME THREE LAST STOCK.

Forward glide tosses/more short hop bairs and dash attacks. You'll notice this too that while Dao is sitting on the edge of the stage.. that if you would have simply forward glide tossed a banana or turnip towards him, it would have severely limited his options.

Less use of fair in general. Especially at higher percentages because even if you hit with it, it's super stale.

More f-tilts, because that move is incredible.

If you are going to double jump like that... take a turnip with you and z-drop it occasionally so it will scare him from Diddy flipping into your face and getting hit by the turnip.

Try z-dropping your turnips above the ledge a bit more as a mixup to punish their getup. If it hits, just string it with a nair or bair afterwards.. this is something new that I've been trying and it works really well.

Counterpick Diddy Kongs to Yoshi's Island if Brinstar / RC are banned. Just watch Slayerz's set and you'll understand why.

Like I've already stated, your Peach is really good. You just gotta work on the small stuff now to move it to thexe nt level. Your worst attribute atm is too many fairs and double jumps so try to work on that from this point on when you play. This advice probably sounds basic, but I truly think that some of the most basic advice can be the best (especially in Brawl), plus you already know what you are doing and why you are doing it when it comes to your specific playstyle.

Hope this helps!

BMC

Smash Cadet
I finally was able to play someone for the first time, offline. I'll be sure to post the matches here when they're uploaded. I'm excited to see what you guys think.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Lance, I watched your set.

I don't know what happened to game two or with game three... it like glitched then reset or something really strange.

Your Peach is really good. Lots of strong mixups and really good reads. But I think you have to work on applying pressure and getting the kill a bit easier. Space more often with bair and out of shield nair a lot more. You don't punish hits on shield that well. If you know a Diddy is going to forward glide toss a banana right in front of you, just short hop nair him. You could have punished it multiple amount of times.

You've really fell into the use of fair for the go to kind of move as a player. It's bad because you are extremely predictable when going for a kill, but it's also good because I'm seeing some really nice spacing / predicting at lower percentages that you can save for later down your career. I'm seeing way too many double jump -> float -> fairs or just double jump -> float patterns. I think Dao punished that most often, actually. You're lucky that he really didn't pick up on it because he could have easily beaten it every time with banana -> fair.

USE MORE TURNIPS/PICK UP MORE BANANAS AND GLIDE TOSS MORE OFTEN.

This is like a given against Diddy lol. You didn't apply pressure with bananas at all, you gotta emphasize on that kind of stuff.

I really liked how you played for like parts of the first stock of the third / fourth or whatever game on Battlefield. You need to try to apply pressure like that at all times against your opponents and you will get loads better. Less double jump -> floats, and more short hop bairs or short hop -> float bairs / nairs or whatever. I hate saying this too, but more forward glide tossed turnips lol. You actually rarely do this and although it can be a bad habit for a lot of Peach players, I think it would help you tremendously. I'm probably rambling on right now, but you just have to drop your bad fair habits.

I really like your jab game and grab game. But you need to exchange those in some instances (especially at high percentages) for out of shield nairs or bairs to get that kill. If you work on having a faster Peach and you are golden. Your combo / stringing game is pretty strong.. but it could be a bit better. Focus on catching landings a bit more often with ground float mixups and try using f-tilt a bit more often to extend low percentage strings.

Alright, so I want you to watch your set and associate in all these things I'm talking about. I'm more than positive if you play Dao again and implement these simple things into your game you will easily 2-0 him.

Better reaction time/out of shield punishes at higher percentages. You will notice how many times Dao hit your shield and you really didn't do anything about it. ESPECIALLY GAME THREE LAST STOCK.

Forward glide tosses/more short hop bairs and dash attacks. You'll notice this too that while Dao is sitting on the edge of the stage.. that if you would have simply forward glide tossed a banana or turnip towards him, it would have severely limited his options.

Less use of fair in general. Especially at higher percentages because even if you hit with it, it's super stale.

More f-tilts, because that move is incredible.

If you are going to double jump like that... take a turnip with you and z-drop it occasionally so it will scare him from Diddy flipping into your face and getting hit by the turnip.

Try z-dropping your turnips above the ledge a bit more as a mixup to punish their getup. If it hits, just string it with a nair or bair afterwards.. this is something new that I've been trying and it works really well.

Counterpick Diddy Kongs to Yoshi's Island if Brinstar / RC are banned. Just watch Slayerz's set and you'll understand why.

Like I've already stated, your Peach is really good. You just gotta work on the small stuff now to move it to thexe nt level. Your worst attribute atm is too many fairs and double jumps so try to work on that from this point on when you play. This advice probably sounds basic, but I truly think that some of the most basic advice can be the best (especially in Brawl), plus you already know what you are doing and why you are doing it when it comes to your specific playstyle.

Hope this helps!
This was very helpful, especially the zair dropping and such.

I watch a lot of Leon videos and it seems he is so fair happy,... but he still KOs with it. Why do you think he's so sucessful with his Peach and fairing?

MJG

Smash Hero

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Nicole your absolutely divine. I had a feeling once he went Marth it was going to go bad. While in teams I always feel like I have to be aggressive which people feel is bad. I feel in that last game if you could have been protected abit more things could have been fine. There was barely any nado used witch I think could have let you think abit instead of Marth just getting his tips on you. Use the Megazord formation!!!! Your turnip use is much better

BMC

Smash Cadet

z00ted

VIDEOS FROM THE
PREVIOUS MONTH

Vs. Dark Pch :peach:

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

Dark Pch said that he was trying out an aggressive playstyle in these matches. I still thought they were some really well played out Peach dittos though, so I decided to record them. Interesting stuff to be aware of in the ditto, especially regarding a stock or percent lead.

Vs. Gnes :diddy:

[1]

Played well game one and was really committing to attacks exactly how I wanted to, but I tried to mix up my playstyle a bit too much game two and loss badly because of it. Game three was just a counterpick mistake, in my opinion. I should have taken him to Battlefield or Ps1 and just camped him out. Definitely stuff to learn for next time, though. In game one you can really see how amazing Diddy/Gnes is at surviving from 4:16 until the end of the match. It's ridiculous.

Vs. Trela :lucario:

[1]

This set really opened my eyes about a lot of things in the matchup. It feels like Marth at some points.. especially when I'm trying to go for the kill or rack up damage when Lucario is at higher percentages. It's just so hard to zone in and turtle him. Game one was really upsetting and was a PERFECT display of how aura always creeps up on me and punishes my aggressive playstyle. I almost 0->deathed Trela with a D-tilt spike on the first stock and then he just destroys me. Game two, I got demolished. Game three, I tried to mix things up and almost won, but was stuck in a lose/lose situation at the end. I always get close to beating Trela but just lose due to my options and him making a harder read.

Vs. Sync :olimar:

[1]

I try Marth game one and do some alright stuff, but can't seal the game because I basically didn't understand the matchup at this point. Game two was really close and went back and forth but I just got better positioning near the end. Game three was brutal. I know the Olimar matchup pretty well now, going to try to learn it with Marth so I can pick and choose when to use both of my characters on Olimar. It helps me keep a fresh playstyle and throws them off track, I think.

Vs. Bio :zerosuitsamus:

[1]

I love this matchup a lot because it allows me to play fast as long as I have quick reaction time when putting up shield and hitting my opponent out of shield. It's also one of the most even in the game, in my opinion. Good set.

Vs. Maharbra :pit:

[1]

I play really well game one, get timed out game two, play alright game three.

Critique is welcomed!
If you have anything to share or want to point out any bad habits please do so.

I would also like to state that I'm co-maining :marth: with Peach now.

Will likely still go all (or mostly all) Peach at nationals or regionals due to my love of her playstyle and my dedication that I've put into her so far. But on a local level I want to main Marth to try to overcome the three players that are currently above me. They know my habits and my main really well now and I want to try to go at them at a different approach with more options. It also allows me to throw them off if I go to Peach within a set for game two or three and it helps me keep both characters fresh.

This time I'm very serious, HOBO 36 will be mostly all Marth.

This was very helpful, especially the zair dropping and such.

I watch a lot of Leon videos and it seems he is so fair happy,... but he still KOs with it. Why do you think he's so sucessful with his Peach and fairing?
I definitely agree.
I think he uses it more as a spacing tool but only for reads / prediction.
All of his fairs are put out for a purpose and usually are very safe or catching jumps or rolls.

Browny

Smash Hater
lmfao @ maharba 2nd match

When 'playing to win' reaches the level of 'playing so my opponent kills themselves'. Cant believe that garbage isnt instant DQ on blatant stalling.

z00ted

Sorta have to agree with you on that one.
He's not playing the game anymore. He's playing to stall.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Ok, I watched some of the Dark Peach videos and the match vs Trela. I'd say vs Lucario, you did pretty good. I can't really give tips on how to face him, but I can help on what was punishing you. I think you can work in more grabs and more float mixup grabs in general. You like to use a lot of bair, and sometimes it was misspaced and Lucario punished you for it by shieldgrabs or OOS aerials. You can try for a float canceled grab mixup because he will be expecting bairs. Once you get a couple of those in, then you'll be able to mess w/ his mind some. Also, more dash attack vs lucario to cover some of his landings and for those extra punishes. You started to use it more on the last match, and it was working, so more of that.

At the end, lol--just be more patient and wait it out till the stage flips. Be more patient and don't let stalling mess w/ you just like the Maharba match. Pit's planking is not unstoppable and all it takes is one mess up for us to get punished, so patience is key Illy.

z00ted

Yes, thank you!
Too many bairs for sure and I need more patience and mixups.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Want a little feedback, if y'all don't mind

These are from a couple weeks ago and since then I've changed a few things (The way I Fair for example) but still would like some feedback.

SmileyFace (Peach) vs Wafty (Wario) 1
SmileyFace (Peach) vs Wafty (Wario) 2

Since then I've been using a more efficient way of Fairing but until I master it this is what I got.

also

Smiley (Peach) vs AirVault (Marth)

I don't feel like I was doing too bad until I got caught offstage. I took full stocks of damage trying to get back on stage. Being on the ledge vs marth sucks as game and watch, too...

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Not my best, these were just seriouslies and we decided to do sets. These are seriously my 3 least favorite MUs as Peach, and my friend just happens to play all three.

I felt like I made a lot of technical errors and bad decisions, but I haven't had any videos up for critique in a while, so I'd like some feedback on these.

vs. Kappy :kirby2:

vs. Kappy :falco:

vs. Kappy :marth:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Good stuff Kyon. When you have Pit on the ledge like that, stand just the right distance away from the ledge and continuously normal toss turnips. It's the safest way to pressure him on the ledge while still having a bit of leeway to retreat with a roll/reverse glide toss if he manages to get through your tosses and off of the ledge. Vary your toss timing a bit as well, to give you a better chance of scoring some free damage once his ledge invincibility wears off and he has to regrab.

It works well for me against Pit and Yoshi, hopefully it helps you out too. :)

Top Bottom