• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HF-Lan 3

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I do too, but none of you will believe me. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
LOL
I always good jokes like this one.

Quite sadly, we won't be able to lift the 64-player limit (not for this edition, that is). We decided to keep at least 16 spots for foreigners, but we won't be able to do much more.
ESA 5 could be a good option because it's only limited to 150 players.

I still think that this tournament will be a better experience, and that those who attend it will give a feedback similar to the one the Dutchies gave after ESA1 : "You didn't attend this tournament ? Huge mistake".
But because of the player limitation, we won't be able to have spots for everyone. Not this time ;)

Zoler

Smash Ace
So, how do we know if we're allowed to come? With the 16 foreigner limit and all..

Slhoka

Smash Lord
So, how do we know if we're allowed to come? With the 16 foreigner limit and all..
Alright.
We can have 64 people.
We wouldn't want to have to refuse entrants to too many French, but we'd also want to have some foreigners attending.
So basically, our idea is this :

When registration opens, some people will have priority : the top 8 of both the HF-Lan 1 and the HF-Lan 2, as well as the top 8 of TSL: Rise!, the last major French tournament. This makes a total of 19 people.
Additionally, foreigners will be able to register, within the limit of 16 people.

After some time (possibly 3 weeks before the tournament, hopefully before), registration will be open to anyone. If some of the 19 French and 16 foreigners places haven't been taken... they'll be open to anyone French and foreigners likewise, along the 29 other places.
The 16 priority registration foreigners places, as well as the remaining places after the priority period will be "first come first served".

I must say we're in a pretty tricky situation, considering that 64 players is below the interest generated by the tournament. That's why I advise those who want to attend a big event to go to ESA5 (April 20-23, the Smashboards thread should be posted soon), as it isn't limited regarding player attendence.

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the 64 people limit (and to a certain extent, the fact that the event is 'only' 2 days) is a bit of a dealbreaker in this case, especially considering the fact that plane tickets aren't as cheap as I had hoped.

Everything else about this tournament looks sooo good, though. I'm definitely interested in coming to a French tournament, and I wouldn't mind going to both ESA5 and this if the money permits it.

Armada

Smash Lord
What's happening here?
I really wanna go but then I wanna be sure that me/rest of the sweds will have spots.

Where you at Sholka ;)

Slhoka

Smash Lord
What's happening here?
I really wanna go but then I wanna be sure that me/rest of the sweds will have spots.

Where you at Sholka ;)
The event website is underway (you can see most of it in French here), and it's a matter of days until the registration and the english version are ready.

As soon as it arrives, the first "round" of registration will start. The following people will have one week to register.

• 19 French players selected because they placed well at HF-Lan 1&2 or TSL:Rise.
  • 16 players from out of France

After a week or something like that (we'll give exact dates), this first round will be over and the 29 spots left and any spot remaining from the first round will be available for anyone.

Even for the first round, I cannot garantee part of the 16 foreigners spots to specific people. We'd love to make sure great players are coming, but to be honest, if someone is willing to come from abroad and sorted his stuff out to register... I cannot tell that he has to wait, no matter who he is.

If I wasn't clear or if you have any other questions make sure to ask !

:phone:

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
maybe I'll go to this as well if leffen teams with me here, but I duno if I can stand 8 hour journeys back and forth for both this and epita ~_~

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
actually I just looked at the description, IM DEFINITELY GOING TO THIS :O

also, what other games are going on at HF-Lan? I'm a PC + Console gamer and play a lot of things competitively

Slhoka

Smash Lord
actually I just looked at the description, IM DEFINITELY GOING TO THIS :O

also, what other games are going on at HF-Lan? I'm a PC + Console gamer and play a lot of things competitively
Starcraft and Lol. But due to time constraints, you can only enter one tournament =/
But you can do friendlies if you want.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
ouch..the cheapest option there is £60 >_> eurolines again

ive never spent so much on a tournament apart from US ones before so I'll go for it, hoping Leffen definitely comes tho cause I wanna make it back in teams :p

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
I decided to look up flight options for myself. Unfortunately, I can't really find any decent options.

The cheapest return flight option is €95, which is a fairly reasonable price, but I would be arriving on the 27th and my flight home would be on the 2nd, which kinda sucks.

Ideally I would be leaving Friday/Saturday and going home Sunday/early Monday, but then I would have to pay about 2 or 3 times as much and I simply don't really have that kind of money when you add the various other expenses for such a trip.

I was initially offered housing by King Funk, but he's flaking and might not be going, so it's not really looking good lol.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I decided to look up flight options for myself. Unfortunately, I can't really find any decent options.

The cheapest return flight option is €95, which is a fairly reasonable price, but I would be arriving on the 27th and my flight home would be on the 2nd, which kinda sucks.

Ideally I would be leaving Friday/Saturday and going home Sunday/early Monday, but then I would have to pay about 2 or 3 times as much and I simply don't really have that kind of money when you add the various other expenses for such a trip.

I was initially offered housing by King Funk, but he's flaking and might not be going, so it's not really looking good lol.
I could house you for a few days, but the 27th is quite early indeed =/

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
I could house you for a few days, but the 27th is quite early indeed =/
Haha yeah I wasn't expecting anyone to take me in for that long. My only other decently priced option would be arriving late on the 28th, but that's still pushing it.

I'll wait and see if something comes up.

EDIT: Hey Swedes, what are your travel plans? Maybe it'd be easier for me to catch a flight from Sweden instead.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Alright, we're now ready for the registration process and we're going to start with the 16 spots we saved for foreigners.

The registration will open on saturday, march 3rd (tomorrow), at 2pm CET.
Because the registration isn't open to everyone at the moment, we have to send personnal e-mails. So, in order to register, you have to send me a PM with your e-mail address. After that, I'll send you a link to register.

If more than 16 foreign players register, I'll decide who gets the reserved spots according to the order in which I received the PMs.

If you have any question, make sure to ask !

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Registration is now open for up to 16 foreigners.

If you want to register, just send me a PM with your e-mail adress.

General registration will open on next saturday.

As of now, 11 of the preregistered French players confirmed they will attend, in addition to Fuzzyness.

HF-Lan 3 entrants
ID | Name|Status
1|Darko| Reserved until March 10th
2|Tekk| Confirmed
3|Cyr| Confirmed
4|Doraki| Confirmed
5|Aska| Confirmed
6|Benoit| Reserved until March 10th
7|porc| Reserved until March 10th
8|Slhoka| Confirmed
9|Styx| Confirmed
10|Qlex| Confirmed
11|Cromat| Confirmed
12|Feca-Link| Confirmed
13|Fauster Fayk| Confirmed
14|Charlon| Reserved until March 10th
15|Chikusho| Confirmed
16|Salepâte| Reserved until March 10th
17|Baxon| Confirmed
18|Aether| Reserved until March 10th
19|Mahie| Reserved until March 10th
20|Fuzzyness| Confirmed
21|-| Available for foreigners until March 10th
22|-| Available for foreigners until March 10th
23|-| Available for foreigners until March 10th
24|-| Available for foreigners until March 10th
25|-| Available for foreigners until March 10th
26|-| Available for foreigners until March 10th
27|-| Available for foreigners until March 10th
28|-| Available for foreigners until March 10th
29|-| Available for foreigners until March 10th
30|-| Available for foreigners until March 10th
31|-| Available for foreigners until March 10th
32|-| Available for foreigners until March 10th
33|-| Available for foreigners until March 10th
34|-| Available for foreigners until March 10th
35|-| Available for foreigners until March 10th
36|-| Available for registration on March 10th
37|-| Available for registration on March 10th
38|-| Available for registration on March 10th
39|-| Available for registration on March 10th
40|-| Available for registration on March 10th
41|-| Available for registration on March 10th
42|-| Available for registration on March 10th
43|-| Available for registration on March 10th
44|-| Available for registration on March 10th
45|-| Available for registration on March 10th
46|-| Available for registration on March 10th
47|-| Available for registration on March 10th
48|-| Available for registration on March 10th
49|-| Available for registration on March 10th
50|-| Available for registration on March 10th
51|-| Available for registration on March 10th
52|-| Available for registration on March 10th
53|-| Available for registration on March 10th
54|-| Available for registration on March 10th
55|-| Available for registration on March 10th
56|-| Available for registration on March 10th
57|-| Available for registration on March 10th
58|-| Available for registration on March 10th
59|-| Available for registration on March 10th
60|-| Available for registration on March 10th
61|-| Available for registration on March 10th
62|-| Available for registration on March 10th
63|-| Available for registration on March 10th
64|-| Available for registration on March 10th

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Legit double post :
We're holding the French players' registration for you guys (and they are a bit mad about it). Don't make us regret it :(

Paju

Smash Journeyman
you should team with Mahie then
c'mon foreigners! it'll be really worth it =)
I would otherwise definitely go, but the cheapest tickets I could find would cost 185€ and that includes 12 hour flights (with two changes) both ways. =(

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Can't attend this tournament =/
Oh come on ! That's the only tournament of the year that you cannot attend!

Oh well. If anyone is still interested, please say it ASAP. There's no point holding the registration for French players if no foreigners are willing to come.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
ATTENTION
Apparently, the tournament has to be rescheduled.

I don't have any other information at the moment but I should be able to say it for sure this evening.

:phone:

Slhoka

Smash Lord
That's official, the tournament won't take place on March 31st/April 1st.

The reason is quite stupid, but there's is no way to solve it : basically, the school in which the tournament happens rents a part of the building to enterprises, associations, etc. This is a very good source of income for the school.

This time, apparently, the school's administration decided to rent the venue even though the students had planned the LAN. So instead of the HF-Lan 3, this weekend will be reserved for the annual assembly of the French Canoe-Kayak Federation. No matter how ridiculous it is, I'm very serious, and there's nothing we can do against that.

We're currently trying to see when it will be possible to host the event. The highest probability would be may. I'll make sur to update this thread.

Charles : Isn't there a way for you to cancel your tickets or reschedule them (if the tournament happens later, for instance) ?

Top Bottom