• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Might not be on until Friday, unfortunately, grades get submitted this week. Studying for tests and whatnot.:applejack:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
If you go look at videos of people playing around with damage proficiency, it does nothing on the SPAS and Model.

Range.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
Nothing? I get a lot of hit markers that I feel should be 1-hit, I was hoping damage was going to fix that for me. I get range first anyway so we'll see.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Well, to be fair, most of the videos didn't take into account that everyone doesn't hit with the full spread, so it may decrease the pellets needed to kill, but after a certain range, it becomes obsolete. If you hit with the full spread at anything even kinda far, it won't kill.
Range is awesome on the model, and honestly if I were to ever come back to this game, it would be because I wanted to play hardcore with the Model.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
Well I'll take either of them at this point because some of the hit markers I get make me pretty sad :(

I was doing pretty well with it though, it's obviously not as good as the striker but I get more satisfaction out of my kills.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
Wretched you're wrong. No matter what stats say or videos show damage is superior. Anyone who uses shotguns a lot can tell you that(except dur aa-12).
Speaking of which with xbox and ps3 combined I have a total of 4000 kills with the spas/model x_x

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
"No matter what the facts say you're wrong," oh I had no idea. It isn't like I tested them myself and played with damage and range for about half of the time I played the game.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I've heard players strongly advise damage on the Model/SPAS. Greatens the chance for the OHK, which the lever action and pump actions are in definite need of, as much as they can get.:applejack:

Range is what I personally prefer on the Model, however, I don't play as safe with it as I do with the SPAS.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
Well that video assumes perfect aim. It doesn't even count for normal shotgun range, even though you will likely get a lot of hitmarkers within that range because you can't always aim dead on, in which case damage is going to be more helpful.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Well, to be fair, most of the videos didn't take into account that everyone doesn't hit with the full spread, so it may decrease the pellets needed to kill, but after a certain range, it becomes obsolete. If you hit with the full spread at anything even kinda far, it won't kill.
I took that into account, as you can see, and the ability to kill from far away is, in my opinion, much more valuable than the ability to kill someone more consistently up close.
If they're close enough for you to need damage to kill because it is harder to hit with the full spread, then you should be knifing. If they're at mid range, range is better. Range gives you so many more options, too. With damage, really you have to limit yourself to the most confined spaces and flanks. With range, it is really easy to find a route where you won't be at as much of a disadvantage because you can guarantee more midrange kills.

But to each their own.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll use range for a bit, did some research yesterday that I have yet to implement.:applejack:

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
I'm closing to unlocking damage so I'll make a judgement whenever I get it. The range has definitely been nice, but I almost always run into people in normal 1-hit 2-hit range (no proficiency) and it hasn't really felt like it has made too much of a difference, other than getting some long-range 2 hits. But at around that range I do much better pulling out my skorpions. Like I said my opinion might change once I start using damage but I'm thinking I'll probably like it more.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
I took that into account, as you can see, and the ability to kill from far away is, in my opinion, much more valuable than the ability to kill someone more consistently up close.
If they're close enough for you to need damage to kill because it is harder to hit with the full spread, then you should be knifing. If they're at mid range, range is better. Range gives you so many more options, too. With damage, really you have to limit yourself to the most confined spaces and flanks. With range, it is really easy to find a route where you won't be at as much of a disadvantage because you can guarantee more midrange kills.

But to each their own.
I personally don't see a point in getting hitmarkers from a longer distance. Range is better in a perfect world where everyone stands still and you have perfect aim 24/7. Sadly it's never like that. Also you can always find ways to get in close with a shotgun

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I actually do have pretty consistent aim and usually people do slow down when they were aiming and shooting, so being able to get one shots at mid range is pretty cool for me.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
I have pretty good aim too, just the window at medium ranges between 1 hit and 2 hit kills is pretty small. Anyway I'm sure I'll miss the range it has when I switch to damage, but if I can get 1 hit kills more often I'll stick with damage.

Also funny today I played a Kill Confirmed game on Resistance, in which my 5 teammates were in a party and decided to riot shield the middle building. The rage that ensued was hilarious.

Grandeza

Smash Master
So I realize I don't play with SWF too much so this won't affect many of you, but my house apparently has bed bugs. We're getting the house bed bug free soon, but the exterminator told use that most of our stuff needs to sealed in plastic bags so any possible bed bug dies. He said that one of the things sealed needs to be my xbox so for the next month I won't be on at all. It doesn't really make sense to me that the tv and computer don't need to be sealed off but apparently the xbox does. And he's the expert so I'll listen. So yeah no xbox for a month. =\ I'm gonna be pretty rusty when I come back but I guess I should just look at it as a break from the stresses of CoD.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
This game is pretty god awful but I don't see why everyone has completely given up on it. It's still cod and it can still be fun. It's also nowhere near as bad as mw2 was in it's prime and everyone stuck with that game

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Except MW2 was never that bad. Tubes were stupid, yes, but at least people still had to, you know, aim to kill me.

And now MW2 is much better than MW3 so I have no reason to play an inferior copy of a previous game.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
The only things MW2 had going for it were a good netcode and decent gun balance.

The only real problem was the UMP. Every AR except for maybe the F2000 was usable.

UMP was godlike, but the MP5K, Vector, and all the others were usable.

Shotgun secondaries were bull****.

Top Bottom