• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Celebrity Rehab Mafia: Day 5 Begins! Deadline is Monday, May 28th at 11:59 PM EST!

Rajam

Smash Champion
Around post #240. Orboknown is obv scum.
. Immediate posture of trying to act like helpful, but the questions he made are incredibly non-leading-to-anywhere. Also, before D1 even started, he barely / didn't get involved in the TA discussion, but as soon as the game officialy began, he made a lot of questions focused on that issue; is like he saved those questions to show a strong D1's start.

FoS: Orboknown

:079:

Rajam

Smash Champion
I don't like dooms. He isn't really looking at Axel's intent, and just trying to seem town by being against his town alliance thing. His response to RR was a bit abrasive too, I don't see why he responded like that.

Vote: Dooms
unvote
vote: Pink Lemonade

reachs everywhere!

Pink tell me about Orbo

Rajam

Smash Champion
@Rajam: What do you think of Joey? Comment on his scumhunting as well, please.
So far (~ middle of page 8) I'd put him as slightly town. His questions are weird in a dumb sense, but I don't perceive scummy intentions, like problems in creating directions, or attempting to gain a strong or safe position more than scumhunting. He has also been quite assertive imo. His actions / questions also seem like the classical dumb-stuff in which scum would jump on to have a safe scumpick around; this is also why I didn't like the last post I quoted of Pink Lemonade.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
@Rockin: Yes I approve of the wagon and your lynch. Chaco made a good point that you just talked about OS and the only thing game related you talked about earlier on was about Axel, and that was the only thing I could have picked up on from ya. Like it seemed you were trying to connect yourself to OS in a subtle way.
This is the thing though: how am I connecting myself to OS? I've asked a simple question in terms of OS, and that was 'why is everyone trying to figure out OS?' If you could explain that to me, I'd appriciate it.

Do you have an opinion on me and Joey? How about Rajam?
'Opinion' sounds a little too general, so I'll try my best to answer.

I don't have a problem with you or Joey/Dooms atm. None of ya have really said anything that catches my attention (in a bad way). I see you're lookin around, asking questions, yadda yadda yadda. So really, I am content.

Rajam however I'm starting to see problems. It's not the amount of posts that's bothering me. it's really 'what's he saying.' He being pretty sluggish in catching up. It's recoommanded that he actually makes a post when he's fully caught up. All he's saying so far are either old news or just dumb (example: his latest post he made today)

In a reread will get back to this tomarrow for full answers.

Just us my answer to KevinM foir the three I got atm, Chaco, X1-12, yourself.
You mean this one?

Rockin - There is merit to this one, when I explain the whole what a hows it do it stuff from the Axel reactions I saw his posts to it and actions around it to be rather, "too perfect" in a sense.
I do not know how my posts were 'too perfect' and I've got 1-2 people accusing me of leaving a 'ghost stance' on a player. How is it 'perfect?'

Kantrip

Kantplay
So far (~ middle of page 8) I'd put him as slightly town. His questions are weird in a dumb sense, but I don't perceive scummy intentions, like problems in creating directions, or attempting to gain a strong or safe position more than scumhunting. He has also been quite assertive imo. His actions / questions also seem like the classical dumb-stuff in which scum would jump on to have a safe scumpick around; this is also why I didn't like the last post I quoted of Pink Lemonade.
It's great that you don't see scum manipulation within his questions, but do you see any town motivation for asking them?

Personally, I felt they were questions he was just throwing out there that wouldn't lead him anywhere. Can you see this point of view, or do you see what he was trying to achieve with his questioning?

I am Zim!

Smash Rookie
Deadline set for 4/10 at 11:59 PM!

frozenflame751- (2) X1-12, Kantrip
KevinM- (1) Overswarm
X1-12- (4) Red Ruy, Macman, J, Marshy
Rajam- (1) Orboknown
Rockin- (3) KevinM, Chaco, Pink Lemonade
Dark Horse- (0)
Macman- (0)
marshy- (0)
Chaco- (0)
Pink Lemonade (Ranmaru/July hydra)- (2) Dooms, Rajam
Kafkaesque- (0)
J- (0)
Red Ryu- (1) Dark Horse
Orboknown- (0)
Kantrip- (1) Frozenflame
Dooms- (0)
Overswarm- (1) Kafkaesque

Not Voting- (1) Rockin

Kafkaesque

Sworddancer.|th3kuzinator
Super skimmed the last 100 or so posts. It's probably more important for me to be current so if any of you want me to look over something that has happened from post 400-500 than get at me. Otherwise I can't finish it just because it's too massive for it to hold my interest.

Okay, so here's the low down:

Ran still town. DH town with him. More or less looks like a genuine effort with his constant posting, although some of it's pretty dumb so I will have to go dumb town with him. I believe it was around 281 that I started to feel this way about DH if people need a reference. Need to read through RR's and DH's posts but they're just massive so later.

Saw Rockin's post that everyone's hating on, and I have to say that I can def see where everyone is coming from. Don't really care about him "making an OS connection," as accusing him of that seems reachy, but more or less it was just an unneeded post that seems like a post simply for the sake of posting. I see Rockin posting some more now and would like him to plant his vote

Not liking Chaco more and more. Best thing about was his push on Rockin, however I can't really give him too many town points off of that just cus he was kinda just agreeing with KevinM and on top of that it's an easy thing to agree on. Also after reading every single other post he's made it's simply been filler with no attempts to scumhunt. Quite simply put, Chaco's post lack any real town intent. For example there was this one post (don't feel like going back to quote it) where he was talking to OS just about that way he plays and why cohesion is better than walls. He literally spends the whole post making a nice little paragraph about it, and in general I feel like his play this game can be summed up like that.

Also still don't like his beginning suspicion of Kantrip and RR for how mechanical it was, nor do I like how he responded to my early pressure of him (admitting that it was mechanical but then trying to justify it seems like he's trying to avoid conflict IMO).

The more I thought about it the more I have to agree with X1 that OS could of just of done that wall earlier (and all other of his walls thus far) just because he's OS and likes to do walls, so I really should be taking it as a null tell. OS hasn't really left an impression on me either way but I am interested in seeing where his 519 goes.

Marshy and Macman are being useless. I don't feel like Macman's questions have been really useful or could draw a real purpose out of things, so I'm slightly suspicious of him just for that. Marshy's cool and all but his one liners just stating suspicion makes it impossible to read him besides from just agreeing/disagreeing with his reads.

Rajam I actually don't really mind that much, and am willing to give him a chance to catch up. I know he always plays catch up so judging him for it won't get me anywhere. Null.

Macman/Marshy/and Rajam if he doesn't catch up feel like vig food to me.

@OS: Can you give me an opinion on Macman, Chaco, and Rockin?

@Macman: Why were you asking the questions that you did? Why is the TA important to you, and how is it helping you form your reads? Also I don't think you've answered my question about DH. If you did quote it for me please.

@Marshy: Why do you have Rajam as scum? What do you think about X1 so far this game?

@Rockin: Can you plant your vote down somewhere please? It's not too useful in that "not voting" category tbh. :ohwell:

So yeah, seriously get at me with questions cus it will help to get me back into this game.

unvote vote: Chaco

Fos: Rocking

Definite v/la tomorrow due to all day middle school class observations.

Kafkaesque

Sworddancer.|th3kuzinator
Hey Rockin, while you're here could you give me an opinion on my current scum pick, Chaco?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
@Rockin: Can you plant your vote down somewhere please? It's not too useful in that "not voting" category tbh. :ohwell:
While I do agree that my vote being in the 'not voting' category is useless, I rather not wave my vote willy nilly. There currently isn't anyone that I feel is either scummy or someone I want to pressure. I'm sorry if this bothers ya =/

Hey Rockin, while you're here could you give me an opinion on my current scum pick, Chaco?
I can see where you're coming from with that mindset for Chaco. Granted I don't see that as being scummy since I feel I'm somewhere around that same ground he's on (though I'm doing my best to fix that). I wouldn't mind hearing more what he has to say though about other people (if he has others in mind).

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Not responding to OS's my way or the highway style of mafia play. Keep your vote on me if it helps you sleep at night you're just wasting our time.

Rockin is pretty scummy because he's taking extremely wishy washy stances while making sure his only style of play thus far has to take more defensive stances on inactives giving him the easy out of "I didn't want to lynch them anyways" if they flip town.

Chaco has basically only commented on game mechanic/fluff/TA Alliance Mechanics and has done little to no discernible scum hunting or making any sort of reads.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
That's your "framework" btw OS if you want some kind of wall of text where I go jerking myself off you can keep dreaming.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because what would he gain from doing so? He's drawing tons of attention to himself, received several votes and gained nothing, how is this all not obvious? What do you suggest a scum Zen's motive for doing it could be? Or do you actually think he's scum who wanted some more influence over town by trying to form an alliance? Because that [non]-power over DH and Kant was totally worth all the attention he got that he otherwise wouldn't have received. How have you not got this yet.
You act like all these "bad" things that have come from putting himself out there in the limelight so early have permanently damaged his chances of winning if he's scum. It's funny that you claim you actually believe all that, when your very disposition toward him tells a completely different story. If all this attention he's getting is so damning, and all these "votes" he's gotten (btw, he has one and its FROM ME), are [is] equally damning, then why exactly is it that you're so convinced he's town? It seems to me that if people like you are going to react to him putting himself out there by saying "lol wow that's way to ballsy for him to do as scum he must be town cuz hes ******** otherwise" then he'd probably one ****ing happy camper as scum. How do you not get that yet?

You act like I'm the one who's being ******** when in reality you and anyone sharing your stance are LITERALLY just giving him a free pass for being vocal in a dumb way. Like what?

Your 'more nuanced explanation' doesn't actually achieve anything but it makes it look like you've posted something useful. This is what I mean, its non-content
Yep, because if you say that it achieves nothing, it obviously achieves nothing. I just explained to you why explaining the deeper layers of his behavior is beneficial information to have, and you respond by saying "lol non-content it does nothing".

You can't just ****ing say something is non-content, or that it "does" nothing, and then strut around acting like its true. Until you can actually substantiate the claim that my analysis of OS's early game play actually serves NO purpose, you can kindly continue to **** off.

Kantrip said you were just pulling the OMGUS card on him, or rather you were just immediately called his attack on you OMGUS because you attacked him first. When he says you're just discrediting him he means you calling OMGUS without actually responding to his points.
How the **** could I be the one pulling OMGUS on him? HE ****ING SAID OMGUS FIRST! I never accused him of OMGUS until I thought he was trying to spin it on me because of the way he worded his response to my rebuttal of his awful response to my initial attack and vote on him.

Seriously, read the ****ing exchange. He beings up OMGUS first in this post:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14279420&postcount=357

And that post was a direct response to my post here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14278836&postcount=346

I attacked him. He responded. Post 346 is my rebuttal of his response to me. Where exactly did I ever ****ing bring up OMGUS? Again, my only mention of OMGUS is in the post AFTER he mentions it, because like I said, I thought he was trying to make ME out to be OMGUSing him. Not my fault he had god awful word choice.

@FF: "We cannot take Kantrip's post asking inactives to claim PRs as a scumtell or a towntell but only as a dumb tell, as really neither fraction would actually ever do that."

Tell me why that logic is wrong if you would.
It's wrong for a lot of reasons. One, there's no provided warrant for why no player from any faction would ever ask inactives to mass claim. That's just a baseless assumption. Two, just because a player's likelihood to suggest a piss poor plan of action isn't influenced heavily by their alignment, doesn't mean that for any given particular player you can't look at exceptionally dumb suggestions and analyze whether or not THAT PLAYER SPECIFICALLY would have their disposition toward that idea influence by their alignment. Thirdly, suggesting dumb plans and/or agreeing with them with little or no reasoning, though dumb yes, is also quite scummy. Dumb and scum are NOT mutually exclusive, and more often that not, player's that suggest things that are dumb enough to be harmful to the town are actually scum not thinking things through from a town perspective. Not everyone is a master at hiding pro-scum behavior within public suggestions for the town. No one is too smart to never **** up.

@ Pink Lemonade: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14279709&postcount=369

Ok cool, so you played as scum with Zen. Big whoop. I've played as scum with tons of people on this site. Without a compelling reason or example from that game you played in as his partner that shows me that he his being directly reflective of that past scum behavior, I don't really see where the meat of this alleged "meta" read is. You can't just say "I was scum with this guy once, and so I can see when he's scum, and he's scum now". You need to bring some actual substance to that allegation and show me how what you learned in that game either directly applies here, or how there is some sort of clear parallel going on.

In other news....

OS voting KevinM for being KevinM made me chuckle.

I really don't get all the Rockin hype. Not sure where all the fuel on that wagon is coming from.

Why won't more people vote Kantrip? We can't keep X1 a liar forever now can we?

Chaco

Never Logs In
So I'm scummy for not scum hunting? Kafk, all you're doing is reaching. If you can prove me otherwise I'd love to see it. Kevin, you have nothing, once again other than I haven't been posting my reads. Oh, big surprise there. That's just ****ing stupid.

And I haven't even caught up, I've been at work every day since I've been back. So, guess what I'm doing now? Apparently people forget this running I work a **** ton on top of school. It takes me a minute sometimes. Jesus.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chaco has basically only commented on game mechanic/fluff/TA Alliance Mechanics and has done little to no discernible scum hunting or making any sort of reads.
And you've commented on nothing, but are only popping in with side-commentary. You've shown no scum hunting whatsoever, and attack me for showing no scumhunting, when in fact what little I've shown is far more than you. Anyone can post a bull**** reads list, with absolutely no backing, and when they do it be utter crap. Just like yours.

You dismiss OS's atack on you, which is legitimate, and you only dismiss it because you have no answer for it whatsoever. He nailed you on the head, and there's nothing you can say about it but act like it's just him criticizing your play.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Also, laughing at me getting called out on mechanics talk when the last two pages are riddled with it.

More reads coming, hold onto your pants.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Also still don't like his beginning suspicion of Kantrip and RR for how mechanical it was, nor do I like how he responded to my early pressure of him (admitting that it was mechanical but then trying to justify it seems like he's trying to avoid conflict IMO).
To be honest, I asked if you saw where I was coming from, and you didn't respond. So that's your fault for thinking I'm avoiding conflict, but like I said, it's because I didn't read and just skimmed that I didn't see he invited them. Voting patterns are legit, and applied derivatives of. So, what's your point here? Oh wait, none.

Kantrip

Kantplay
FF, you are playing so mechanically. I'm no longer worried about you being scum with X1, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about you being scum after watching you say that ****.

You act like all these "bad" things that have come from putting himself out there in the limelight so early have permanently damaged his chances of winning if he's scum. It's funny that you claim you actually believe all that, when your very disposition toward him tells a completely different story. If all this attention he's getting is so damning, and all these "votes" he's gotten (btw, he has one and its FROM ME), are [is] equally damning, then why exactly is it that you're so convinced he's town? It seems to me that if people like you are going to react to him putting himself out there by saying "lol wow that's way to ballsy for him to do as scum he must be town cuz hes ******** otherwise" then he'd probably one ****ing happy camper as scum. How do you not get that yet?
What X1 is doing is looking at the context of a situation and choosing my alignment based on his interpretation of my motivation for putting myself in the spotlight. You going on about "but then what if that's what he wants as scum" is just spreading FUD as far as I'm concerned. Rather than weighing the options or coming up with an actual read based on the situation, you're applying mechanical, circular logic to it and coming in with the notion that I am scum. I sincerely doubt you are actually coming to a conclusion here. You are either:

A) Tunneling; or
B) Scum carrying out a plan with a pre-conceived plan

You act like I'm the one who's being ******** when in reality you and anyone sharing your stance are LITERALLY just giving him a free pass for being vocal in a dumb way. Like what?
This comment makes me lean towards the former option. I think you're going too far from thinking "this doesn't clear him" and swinging it into me being scum. I don't recall seeing you show me scum motivation for putting oneself in the spotlight. The only scum motivation you're even inferring is that it can make people give you a free pass because scum doesn't usually do that. So what is it? A null tell.

Yep, because if you say that it achieves nothing, it obviously achieves nothing. I just explained to you why explaining the deeper layers of his behavior is beneficial information to have, and you respond by saying "lol non-content it does nothing".

You can't just ****ing say something is non-content, or that it "does" nothing, and then strut around acting like its true. Until you can actually substantiate the claim that my analysis of OS's early game play actually serves NO purpose, you can kindly continue to **** off.

How the **** could I be the one pulling OMGUS on him? HE ****ING SAID OMGUS FIRST! I never accused him of OMGUS until I thought he was trying to spin it on me because of the way he worded his response to my rebuttal of his awful response to my initial attack and vote on him.
You are an idiot. Plain and simple. Not only did you misinterpret, but after you have it explained to you you continue to show off your ignorance. Let me spell it out very simply for you:

YOU displayed suspicion on ME first.
I then displayed pressure ONTO YOU.
You called me scum for suspecting you. I can pull up the quote if you're going to continue to be ******** about this. YOU pulled OMGUS on ME. I did not word anything badly, you're just completely failing at reading.

Seriously, read the ****ing exchange. He beings up OMGUS first in this post:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14279420&postcount=357

And that post was a direct response to my post here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14278836&postcount=346

I attacked him. He responded. Post 346 is my rebuttal of his response to me. Where exactly did I ever ****ing bring up OMGUS? Again, my only mention of OMGUS is in the post AFTER he mentions it, because like I said, I thought he was trying to make ME out to be OMGUSing him. Not my fault he had god awful word choice.
See above. Just because you didn't say "OMGUS" doesn't mean you didn't call me on it. You did.

It's wrong for a lot of reasons. One, there's no provided warrant for why no player from any faction would ever ask inactives to mass claim. That's just a baseless assumption. Two, just because a player's likelihood to suggest a piss poor plan of action isn't influenced heavily by their alignment, doesn't mean that for any given particular player you can't look at exceptionally dumb suggestions and analyze whether or not THAT PLAYER SPECIFICALLY would have their disposition toward that idea influence by their alignment. Thirdly, suggesting dumb plans and/or agreeing with them with little or no reasoning, though dumb yes, is also quite scummy. Dumb and scum are NOT mutually exclusive, and more often that not, player's that suggest things that are dumb enough to be harmful to the town are actually scum not thinking things through from a town perspective. Not everyone is a master at hiding pro-scum behavior within public suggestions for the town. No one is too smart to never **** up.
This is mechanical again. I really dislike this paragraph. NONE of it deals with the case at hand, and ALL of it is trying to be a generalization that applies to the dumb or scum conundrum in its entirety. You don't even refer to me, and you just say "a player" non-stop. Seriously, get out of here with your mechanical scumhunting and explain why I'M scum and what MY motivations are.

Chaco

Never Logs In
@Mod: Request replacement. I apologize Gorf, but I'm really just to busy to play.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Not responding to OS's my way or the highway style of mafia play. Keep your vote on me if it helps you sleep at night you're just wasting our time.

Rockin is pretty scummy because he's taking extremely wishy washy stances while making sure his only style of play thus far has to take more defensive stances on inactives giving him the easy out of "I didn't want to lynch them anyways" if they flip town.

So your only comment on Rockin scum is something that Chaco and I brought to light, and your only thing on Chaco is that he isn't "scum hunting" despite giving you the fuel for your stance on Rockin?

This is pretty weak, Kevin.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Oh, he just replaced in. prolly should have read the mod's post.

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
I don't remember you forgetting anyone else. xP

I was going to say vandy confirmed not OS's buddy.

But I'm going to just take that as null because

1. I don't trust you OS. D: <
2. You should have known two people have already replaced out, so it might have been possible Vandy replaced in but you didn't really take the time to consider this.

I know I have done this myself in past games, like in FE. (Forgetting someone was dead or something) But I still take it as null because it wouldn't help me really get a bead on ya.

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
unvote
vote: Pink Lemonade

reachs everywhere!

Pink tell me about Orbo
This seems like an OMGUS but coming from a different person. I mean chainsaw.

Orbo is null, due to lack of content.

Opinion on Kafka, Rockin, and Red Ryu?

Can you clarify on this?

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
@Rockin: Yeah I was saying that it seemed like a name drop. Like "I'll take you down with me muahahah!" kind of thing, but subtle. I know you play a bit passively and it's kool with me but when it comes to your playstyle and seeing something like that I just didn't like it at all.

Yeah not really liking Rajam. It seems like he just picked me as a target and is trying to find things about me that are scummy, instead of him actually observing my play as a whole to see if I have malicious intentions or not. Like I get this because he only voted me by quoting the post in which I voted Joey, but he didn't look at the rest of my play. This is why I think he is chainsawing him.

Thoughts on Kafka and Red Ryu? (You can answer about RR when he answers your question)

Top Bottom