• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashtastrophe 4! 4/7/12

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm posting the results thread since we used my laptop for tio :) Please post characters you know!

Melee

MELEE VIDEOS:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=320843

Doubles
1: RQW Ignite (Flip + VanZ)
2: Sex & The City HD Remix (Swag + Ambix)
3: Swan Lake (Naka + Lake)
4: Death & Taxes (Dempt + Vudu)
5: Pitt Bomb Threats (Carroll + Green Ranger)
5: Throw Him Into This (Tyler + Ian)
7: White Disco (Get Low + Jwnz)
7: Rick Santorium All-Stars (jbro + Gouda)
9: Fear Boner (Mattias + JBOW)

Bracket:

Singles

1: VanZ:peachmelee::foxmelee::sheikmelee:
2: Nakamaru:falconbrawl:
3: SilentSwag :sheikmelee:
4: Ambix :peachmelee:
5: Vudujin :luigimelee:
5: Flip:sheikmelee::foxmelee:
7: Carroll:foxmelee:
7: TheLake :zeldamelee:
9: Ian
9: Green Ranger
9: Umbra :peachmelee:
9: Dempt
13: Level 9 Luigi :luigimelee:
13: Get Low
13: Morning Thunder
13: Melon :jigglypuffmelee::sheikmelee:
17: Mattias
17: Bill Bellamy
17: JBRO
17: Jwnz
17: Gouda
17: Tyler

Bracket:

Brawl

Doubles:

1: Needs Moar Up Z (M@v + melon) :zelda::fox:+:wario:
2.Hammer Time!(SilentSWAG + Green Ranger) :gw:+:gw:
3.Team Bacon
4.Uprising(Hairi+Incom) :pit:+:lucario:
5. Ten Felonies(Carroll + Vudujin) :zerosuitsamus:+:luigi2::wario:
6.Yellow Yoshi + Tships :yoshi2:+:falco:

Bracket:

Singles:

1: M@V :marth::zelda::fox:
2: Umbra :pikachu2::peach::dedede:
3: kazii :falco::wolf::dedede:
4: VanZ(forfeit) :peach::jigglypuff:
5: Fo Sho :sheilda:
5: Spacething :lucario:
7: Green Ranger :gw:
7: CREWS :kirby2::luigi2:
9: Snurf Snarf :peach:
9: Incom :sonic::lucario:
9: Tships :falco:
9: Melon :wario:
13: Vudujin :luigi2:
13: Carroll :zerosuitsamus:
13: Hari :pit:
13: JBOW :ganondorf:
17: Yellow Yoshi :yoshi2:
17: Kinoc :jigglypuff:
17: Oni :gw:

Bracket:

Life

Smash Hero
Kinoc used some Peach but IDK if he won any games with it.

A few shouts:

Carroll: You know, when I made this Smashboards account I told myself I'd spend my first winnings on getting a month of premium so I could change my username... dunno if I still will, but GGz.
M@V: Thanks for coming, as usual. My MM with Carroll was on your Wii and I saved the replays btw, so if you upload them, that's what they were for.
Hari: Go team Uprising! lol, we ought to practice more if we ever do this again.
Space Thing: Lucario ditto sometime, kgo. Actually, no, that's a terrible idea.
Fosho: Sheik -_- I feel like I'm running into a wall of hitboxes and can't get through, ugh. ggz anyway.

and whoever else I played. Good times all around.

Special shoutouts to those wheeled things we were screwing around with. I heard they main MK.

Oh, and what's next for Pittsburgh anyway? next /hope? another Smash Nation? something else entirely? I don't see anything on this forum.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
1: M@V :marth::zelda::fox: Good **** winning the tournament.
2: Umbra :pikachu2::peach::dedede: **** peach lol. But seriously good games chill guy. Nice talking to you.
3: kazii :falco::wolf::dedede: nice job getting third, you're getting there
4: VanZ(forfeit) :peach::jigglypuff: thank god I didn't have to play you, your peach looked like a monster
5: Fo Sho :sheilda: stay free
5: Spacething :lucario: we both got top 5, I guess our practice paid off then good ****
7: Green Ranger :gw: got so close to losing to you lol. Really good games, you should get into this game more often
7: CREWS :kirby2::luigi2: GGs in friendlies, glad I didn't have to play you in tournament lol
9: Incom :sonic::lucario: GGs in tournament, though I think you should stick with Sonic, against me at least LOL.
9: Tships :falco: GGs in friendlies
9: Melon :wario: I wish I played you. Seemed like a cool guy
13: Vudujin :luigi2: I wonder if you will actually start playing this game more often. Or was this just for ****s and giggles?
13: Carroll :zerosuitsamus: GGs in bracket, I think if you play this game more often(hard as hell to do I know) you could actually become pretty good. I might start getting into melee.
13: Hari :pit: GGs in friendlies, you're getting better

Ambix: It was nice talking to you lol. I might start playing melee, who knows.

Thanks for hosting an awesome tournament Vudujin, and thanks to Mav for running the brawl bracket. Also thanks to the guy that was running this like behind the scenes... I don't know your name/tag, sorry.

Overall shoutout to Pittsburgh. We the best.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
M@V: Awesome tourney, GGs in friendlies. :3 Will you be uploading videos?
VanZ(forfeit): Terrifying Jigglypuff is terrifying.
Fo Sho: Congratulations! :D ...What happened to Mario? :p GGs in friendlies, and nice Sheik.
Spacething: Thanks for the pizza and friendlies, bro.
Green Ranger: You were too strong for me. x.x GGs.
Snurf Snarf: You made it so far for your first tourney!! :D Hope to see you in more.
Incom: I think Lucario was my fault. :p Not too bad in teams for using a random character and neither of us having played in weeks. Came so close to facing you in bracket! x.x
Tships: Nice Falco. Hope to rematch you someday. :p
Vudujin: If it were Melee you would have crushed me. xD GGs, and thanks for running the event.
Carroll: One of these days, I would like to MM you. Nice doubles match with you and Vudu; it was one of the more entertaining ones of the day.
Hari: Not bad, but you know you can do better.
Yellow Yoshi: I don't see too many Yoshis around. I like it.
Kinoc: Sorry I had to knock you out of the bracket! T^T GGs.
Get Low: Nice friendlies. I should'a played some Melee while I was there. ^^;

jbro

Smash Ace
1: VanZ - great win, man. someday we'll have a mute city money match. haha.
2: Nakamaru - unreeeeeeal day. way to roll through ambix and swag, you were definitely on your game.
3: SilentSwag - young johnathan, holy hell. 3rd in melee, 2nd in teams, 2nd in brawl teams. soooo good. cleanin up.
4: Ambix - we have figured out the secret to teams. haha. great stuff, man. thanks for the advice yesterday.
5: Vudujin -vuDUUUUUUjin. great tourney jacob. real fun. i'd say more but i didn't really get to see you play more than once D:
5: Flip - good friendlies even though you kicked the **** out of me, haha.
7: Carroll - WELLHEY! time to start that money match collage.
7: TheLake - i got to see your zelda against a few dudes. i know you're moving away from her a bit more, but good god you've still got it.
9: Ian - unbelievable match. probably the closest match i've had with anyone yet, win or lose. your fox is solid, keep doing what you're doing and you'll be finishing up there ^
9: Green Ranger - well, you didn't take the brawl money. or the melee money. but you're already making all kinds of noise since you started coming to tourneys with us. and your brawl game is good too. good ****, dude.
9: Umbra - YOU HELD UP THE WHOLE just kidding, man. didn't get to see you play melee, but good stuff in brawl.
9: Dempt - fun friendlies, dude. i'd have loved to play your other characters, but the short time we got to play was awesome.
13: Level 9 Luigi - someone should make their tag "level 9 luigi" just to troll everyone. i take that back. i'm doing it.
13: Get Low - good match, man. i reeeeeally need work on the peach matchup. i think next time i go to a tourney that i play against a peach i'm gonna have another character just to pull out against her. as for now, you got the best of me. good ****.
17: Mattias - fun (fake) match, man. same stuff as i said with get low, i really need work on the peach matchup. but any experience is good experience. fun stuff.
17: Bill Bellamy - I GOT ONE FELONY. I GOT TWO FELONIES. I GOT THREE FELONIES. I GOT FOUR FELONIES. real fun hanging out with you all day, gerald. you're more than welcome to come hang out with us whenever.
17: JBRO - yo, i ****ing sucked yesterday. i don't know why my name is in all caps. probably because of how angry i was at my play.
17: Gouda - MY NAME IS RICK SANTORUM, AND **** THAT ****. rick santorum all-stars. i think knowing that we had about zero chance at actually winning doubles let us have more fun. ganon-samus is hilarious. the fact that i got a warlock punch kill in tournament made my entire day worthwhile.

anyone i left out, my bad. hopefully i get to meet you next time we're together. :D

other shoutouts:
mav - good work winning brawl, dude.
jbow - i still don't know who this is. THIS IS AN OFFICIAL CALLOUT. I WANT A MATCH. LOSER HAS TO CHANGE THEIR NAME. SHOTS FIRED.
those wheelie things that rolled around on the floor - best things ever

sorry to anyone that saw my entire *** when swag tried standing on me
sorry to anyone i played because i sucked yesterday.
fun tourney. love you all.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Shoutouts to the PA crew for hosting/housing and the fun times after we left the venue. Aaron is the ****. Jacob is the ****. Carroll is the ****. Nakamaru has magic card mindgames, which are the ****. Johny is the **** (free as **** though). That one James guy who helped set up the bonfire and tried to make it unnecessarily big was the ****. And of course, I played like ****, but we all know that I myself am ****.

Good **** PA. <3

Get Low

Smash Ace
I'll do a few shoutouts:
Vudujin: Thanks for agreeing to go to Mute City. Fun set. :)
Ambix: Your Peach is awesome. No fear of Dsmashing on platforms.
Jbro: Good games in bracket my man. If you decide to go another character versus my Peach I'll be looking forward to it. :)
Mattias: Nice Peach, my man. Forward-air -> grab is **** against shields.
Green Ranger: We had some really intense games, dude. Playing you was a learning experience because I've never played a good DK.
Hari: GGs in Brawl. Your Pit is extremely gay<3
And shoutouts to everyone else I played. Pittsburgh too good.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
This tournament was really fun ^_^ Def worth the trip. Sorry I held melee singles up... ****ing brawl :(

Shoutouts:

Mav: Aaahhhh you finally won a tournament so proud of you <3 ggs, you played really well, your marth improved a looooooot since the last time I played it ^_^ Also thanks for letting us stay at your place, I'm glad I went

Kazii: Our second set was a lot of fun! I'm glad you switched off of falcooooo that **** was boring as hell :( ggs though, nice meeting you!

Vanz: Fun peach dittos! I wish I could've played you more, <3 your peach

Fo Sho: ggs man, you play a really nice sheik. It was nice meeting you ^_^

Space Thing: fun friendlies, you play a really good lucario. Hope I get to play you again sometime, that matchup scares and confuses meeeee

Crews: ggs man, it was nice meeting you. We gotta chill next time I'm in pittsburgh

Snurf Snarf: You play a really good peach for that being your first tournament, good ****. Our peach dittos were a lot of fun <3

Melon: you did bad lolololol so happy I didn't have to fight that wario again ^_^

Carroll: it was nice meeting you, our friendlies were a lot of fun ^_^

Silent Swag: Had a lot of fun playing you, your sheik is nastyyyyyyy

Ambix: lol@ me getting like 4 stitchfaces in our set, tooo goooood. Our peach dittos were so fun, yours is way too good. Nice seeing you again

The Lake: That zelda is disgusting lol ggs man, it was nice meeting you

Morning Thunder: Our set was a lot of fun. Sorry for making you wait for so long :(

Gouda: Our set was fun. It was nice meeting you!

anyone else I forgot, it was nice meeting you!

Space thing

Smash Apprentice
M@V: GGs. Thanks for running brawl, and nice job getting first!
Umbra: Nice friendlies, and congrats.
Kazi: Congrats.
VanZ: GGs, and congrats on melee.
Jimmy: Looks like our practice payed off for the both of us. <3
Green Ranger: You screed the hell out of me. GGs.
Incom: Join the dark side.
Hari: Nice talking and playing with you.
Oni: GGs.

Thanks to everyone who helped host this. Was tons of fun.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
1: VanZ - You are really hard to keep up with, but i won't stop until i can beat you in tournament. You always teach me a lot every time i play you, and i wish we got more friendlies this time but oh wells. GG's it is always a pleasure. ^.^

2: Nakamaru - Year of the Falcon Baby.

3: SilentSwag - You always make me nervous when we play in tournament because you're really good at pulling comebacks. (at least against me) Out set was a lot of fun.

4: Ambix - I really don't know what was different from the first set to the second. You may be right that about me playing better the longer i play.

5: Vudujin - <3 you buddy. Always fun playing you. Was a fun tournament, and we should use that venue more often. That place is badass. I can't wait for you to finish that watercolor poster.

5: Flip - I didn't play you at all (besides teams)! Have to make sure to fix that at the next tournament.

7: Carroll - Was surprised at the puff pick in our set. I know once you learn to keep a calm head in tournament you're going to be really scary. Never give up. Never surrender. <3

7: TheLake - We win as a team, and we lose as a team. As always, it is just a bump in the road. All we can do is learn from it and dominate the next time. No where to go but up for us. <3 Teammates for life.

9: Green Ranger - I really can't slack off against you for a second or you're going to 0-death me over and over. Playing you is always fun, and the green ranger ditto was pretty funny. xD

9: Dempt - I save all my mindgames for the magic tricks. Mad fun hanging out with you, can't wait to see you again.

17: JBRO - Keep it up mang! You're getting better every tournament. Just gotta keep d-smashing!

17: Gouda - Heard what happened, hope you're feeling ok. One of these tournaments we'll have to bring our guitars and play. keep doing whatcha do mah do mah do mah do.

I forget your name and i feel really bad about it, but i am awful with names. It is always good to see and chill with you. Good to hear you're still smashing it up in Erie. Wish i could've hung out longer, but life calls. : ( See you around man! I promise next time i won't forget your name!

Guy from Cal U - I never actually got your name i don't think. But im glad to see new people at pittsburgh tournaments. If you want PM me and we can get together and i can do my best to help ya get better at smash it you want. I don't know much about brawl but it never hurts to have someone else to play against.

Life

Smash Hero
I had a blast at my first tourney. Everyone was really cool, and it was just awesome. I'd like to give shoutouts to Hari, InCom, Oni, Kinoc, CREWS, and anyone I may have missed for the awesome friendlies and dealing with my extreme shyness. =P
You're extremely shy?

Bro. You can't outshy me. Just don't even try. lol

D

Deleted member

There goes snurf! Id been talking with him for a but about this. Glad he did well and had fun. He better find some more tournaments. too bad hes not down here next to Dallas, Texas.

M@v

Subarashii!
Shoutouttsss

1: M@V: Apparently I have a Marth now.

2: Umbra: Thanks for deciding to come on our little adventure. Good stuff in gfs and wfs, fun sets :). Why didn't you try peach more?

3: kazii: You've gotten a lot better, ggs. Thanks for the second mm, it does seem my marth is better than my fox/falco now.

4: VanZ(forfeit): SHAKIRA SHAKIRA. GJ winning melee :)

5: Fo Sho: gj

5: Spacething: gj placing top 5. Keep up with the practice your getting better every time I see you. You really should come with Sam and I to an Ohio tourney sometime this summer :)

7: Green Ranger: fun friendlies

7: CREWS: Good to see you

9: Snurf Snarf: Always good to see new players at tournaments :D

9: Incom: ggs

9: Tships: thanks for coming!

9: Melon: MEDIOCRE!

13: Vudujin: ggs in doubles :)

13: Carroll: OH GIRRLLLLL

13: Hari: fun friendlies :)

13: JBOW: ggs

17: Yellow Yoshi: ggs in doubles

17: Kinoc thanks for coming!

17: Oni thanks for coming!

Lake: "If this keeps up I'm going to call an ambulence....for myself!" Also i used your tag with zelda in brawl dubs :D

Ambix: THE BEST NAIR IN PITTSBURGH

Naka: Good **** 2nd with falcon!

Pittsburgh Melee: I still love you guys. So much. Every tourney you guys are at is twice as good, with 5 times the hype.

Shoutout to Rick Santorum All Stars for best team name.

Shoutout to Primanti's

Shoutout to Steak N' Shake

Shoutout to Disco balls

This was definitely worth the trip back from PSU for the weekend :)

Ambix

Smash Ace
4: Ambix - I really don't know what was different from the first set to the second. You may be right that about me playing better the longer i play.
I've been thinking that for a while now.

Every time we smash together it seems like you're a creature of momentum. You start slow and you build up momentum over time until you hit your A-game.

I'm the exact opposite. I start strong but the longer I play the slower I get (no johns).

My ceiling is about 5-6 hours before i start auto-pilot/zombie playing if i space my matches out. I also start getting a massive migrane if i try and force myself to play longer.

That's why i'm constantly going outside for smoke breaks or going back to the hotel room for a nap at smash tournaments.

For the next tournament try going to bed early and then waking up early to get a few hours of smash time in before we leave.

SLIM

Smash Journeyman
Had a great time running around and filming this tourney.

Shoutout to everyone for giving me great footage and for the friendlies!

Ambix

Smash Ace
Nobody said introversion is a thing of reason.
introversion and being shy aren't the same thing.

Being shy is a confidence thing.

Being introverted just means you focus more on reflection than external things (like other people).

I'm pretty damned introverted but I can be extremely social. especially at smash tournaments.

People that are introverted also tend to get really worn out by interacting with other people for any length of time.

Life

Smash Hero
introversion and being shy aren't the same thing.

Being shy is a confidence thing.

Being introverted just means you focus more on reflection than external things (like other people).

I'm pretty damned introverted but I can be extremely social. especially at smash tournaments.

People that are introverted also tend to get really worn out by interacting with other people for any length of time.
Eh, I qualify for both so it's easy to get mixed up. Sorry.

SLIM

Smash Journeyman
The video won't go on youtube. Its gonna get put on the Penn State website and when it does I'll put the link in here and in the GE crew thread.

Stay tuned. Should be up by the end of April/beginning of May.

SLIM

Smash Journeyman
Also, the project isn't about this specific smash tourney. It's about how Mav established the competitive SSBB club at Penn State and I shot footage of the tourney because I needed tournament footage.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
jimmy using Zelda/Sheik and getting 5th? Okay, who's trying to take my title of best Sheik in PA lmao.

But seriously though, when did you pick up those two? O.o

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Also, the project isn't about this specific smash tourney. It's about how Mav established the competitive SSBB club at Penn State and I shot footage of the tourney because I needed tournament footage.
I just really want to see the footage you have during the end of the melee singles. If you aren't going to use that section do you mind sending it to me so we can use it for the pittsburgh combo vid?

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
SHOUTOUT TIME!!!

First off, thank you everybody for making my first time in Western PA an incredible one!

M@v - good **** winning singles, thanks for being my teammate in doubles, and man that zelda.
Umbra - bro, please, go peach. Go Peach. GO PEACH DAMMIT GO PEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAACH!!!!
Kazii - great job at this, wish we could've played
VanZ - first fun puff ditto I've done to date, some greats matches, thanks for thrashing me in both melee and brawl! XD
Spacething - wish i could've played ya, you were going in at this!
FoSho - good job at this, that sheik better than Berserker's (the callout, it's there, what you gonna do Pat?).
Green Ranger ggs, very nice GW!
CREWS - mama weegee going in on Umbra XD, you're damn good! we need to play next time i'm in town!
Snurf Snarf - wish we'd played in singles, you're awesome with peach!
Vudujin - thanks for running this fantastic tourney!
Carroll - 10 Felonies? Why no 11 Felonies!?
TheLake - incredible zelda, wish we could've played!
Ambix - you and umbra in peach dittos was insane, 4 turnips making things rather interesting XD. we need to play sometime!
Tyler - nice meeting ya, glad to see we got another player coming to Penn State in the near future!
Jwns - ggs very nice GW, haven't faced one in quite a while!
Dempt - ggs fun matches!
Naka - damn, that captain is something. good job at this, man!
SilentSWAG - brilliant sheik, wish we could've played.
Steak n' Shake too good, Primanti's too good, I'mma go practice melee.

:205:

Top Bottom