• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Kind of late but I hope you all had spent a nice easter xD

when I was internet-less I was "investigating" a set up to get that Fair/Dair locks. And it's not that hard. After they fall from a platform by a shield push or edge slip, it's super easy to hit them with the kick to "lock" them(because it's not a real lock) and we force a get that leads to a free LK. I'll make some one record that stuff(assuming I can still get it done)

Then last night I found a couple more teleport cancels. They are hard but honestly we need all we can get. Like that nayru's thing Mocha posted, can be useful sometimes but we must do it inteligently.

Another thing I checked out was Love Jump OoS. I'Ve never seen anyone use it on his/her game yet.

I'll get a thread done when I'm done getting dressed lol

and what's that FC thing?

:phone:

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I tried love jump OoS for a bit and it was nifty but here is the problem...

After you end up in the air, you set yourself up for juggles because from experience, the love jump wont knock down the opponent. Zelda does not like being juggled so that kinda killed the idea of using it at least for myself.

The locks are cool and I'll try applying them this weekend in tourney.

FC is tourney series that was ran by the Kishes in the melee days. Apparently it was the most successful series ever for melee. They decided to hold another one and were kind enough to include brawl; I've always wanted to experience one of those events.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
O.o wait, not to sound like a scrub, but I thought you had to be hit in order to love jump, How do I do it out of sheild?

And yes I know love jump puts you in a bad position like 85% of the time.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
If everything goes well, I'll probably make a tournament by december.
A big one.

Stay tuned so I can confirm more details :D

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Tofer, you missed Thrz making our next game's opponents rage. XD Shoulda joined the Skype call!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeah, we're on a win streak =D We have space for one more whenever you wanna hop in.

EDIT: Nvm, Geo came back, but I'm prob only doing one or two more before I drop out.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh, and Aero, I did get your PM -- sorry! I'm bad with responding. But yeah, use whatever of mine you want. :)

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Noob quesiton here guys but my Zelda main buddy got a new account here on Smashboards. He can receive visitor messages/shoutouts to his profile just fine, but he can't leave shoutouts himself on other profiles. My profile has it so that I can receive shoutouts from anyone, so why isn't he able to leave me shoutouts? Is it because his account has to be a couple of days old or something?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I've never heard of anything like that before.

Try sending him a message and then getting him to reply through the "view conversation" button.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Noob quesiton here guys but my Zelda main buddy got a new account here on Smashboards. He can receive visitor messages/shoutouts to his profile just fine, but he can't leave shoutouts himself on other profiles. My profile has it so that I can receive shoutouts from anyone, so why isn't he able to leave me shoutouts? Is it because his account has to be a couple of days old or something?
Is he mute? /JK
Ask a super-mod or admin for help; it's probable a glitch.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I sympathize with all of you guys.

... Hehe I remember coming here and ADAMANTLY arguing Ness vs Zelda was an even matchup, along with a few other friends like Successor of Rafael and SonictheHedgedawg. Jokes on us LOL. But its ok, Brawl is basically dead and there's another smash game coming along. Here's hoping that Sakurai doesn't end up making Ness and Zelda utterly ****. (not likely given his track record...)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Brawl's far from dead.
Comunity is currently very delicated with URC stuff and such, but there's still many people playing it.

Yuniverse

Smash Cadet
Can some one pleas post the kill %'s (D-Ied please) of all of :zelda:'s moves especially utilt, I feel like u-tilt kills earlier and is more reliable due to it being faster and usmash being sdied alot :( and it can be comboed from a d-tilt and such . I tried searching from the beginning but I couldnt find it. and to many times I dont know if I have the kill or not with :zelda: even though I know she kills early but I wanna choose the smartest option and not waste a U/F smash that might not of been di-able and I could of saved for maybe 2 or 3 % later for the kill. Who knows.......I dont lol

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Up tilt kills kinda late actually with proper DI (think DI-ing DK's down smash). If you DI badly (ie. so that you get sent up directly), it kills earlier than up smash.

Top Bottom