• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup 9: Return of the Old School

unknown522

Some guy
Singles Bracket:

26 entrants

1. Weon-x ($145) :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
2. Unknown522 ($80) :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
3. I.B. ($25) :falcomelee:
4. Idea ($10) :jigglypuffmelee:
5. Riddlebox :peachmelee:
5. Europhoria :marthmelee:
7. Hammertime :luigimelee: :icsmelee:
7. The Pizz :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
9. Tin Man :sheikmelee:
9. Sleaf :foxmelee: :marthmelee:
9. Windrose :falconmelee:
9. Eternal :marthmelee:
13. An_Hero :peachmelee:
13. Coffeeblack :foxmelee:
13. RoidRage :foxmelee: :falconmelee:
13. Bernal :foxmelee:

Doubles:

1. Chile Stole My Teammate (KirbyKaze + Weon-x) ($60) :sheikmelee: / :foxmelee:
2. The OldSchool (Unknown522 + Europhoria) ($20) :foxmelee: :falcomelee: :peachmelee: / :marthmelee: :falconmelee:
3. Gay Floaties (Idea + Riddlebox) ($10) :jigglypuffmelee: / :peachmelee:
4. Light Skins (I.B + Nathan) :falcomelee: / :drmario:
5. Tin Man + Bing :sheikmelee: / :foxmelee:
5. Eternal + Bernal :marthmelee: / :foxmelee:
7. Jethrotex + Coffeeblack :peachmelee: / :foxmelee:
7. An_hero + RoidRage :peachmelee: / :foxmelee:
9. George + MED$ ? / :drmario:

Pools:

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
He did, he just went Kirby, I think. I remember him saying he didn't make it out of pools and Kirby not being a viable character in the same sentence.

MorningThunder

Smash Apprentice
Man I suck hard. Good matches to everyone I got a game in with.

Also, thank you very much for the housing on Friday and Saturday night. If you guys ever need a place to stay in the Jersey or Philadelphia area over the Summer, just hit me up.

Coffeeblack

Smash Journeyman
He did, he just went Kirby, I think. I remember him saying he didn't make it out of pools and Kirby not being a viable character in the same sentence.
he didnt enter kirby, he just said that to troll T.O joe when he came in late. he didnt enter singles

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for uploading the pools results and bracket. This is really interesting. I didn't know The Pizz placed so well! GG. Although, I keep mixing him up with Piff so I can't remember if we've played lol.

Also, good to know that 4th place doesn't make back their entry fee :p

unknown522

Some guy
Yeah I was just trolling Joe. I think I'd make it out of pools with Kirby. Dunno who I'd beat though. Some of you guys play hella gay. But I encourage it so I'm not framing that as a bad thing.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Shoutouts

26 entrants

1. Weon-x - Nice one pookie. Although we discussed how this was incredibly screwy, etc. Fun friendlies as always. You're so good.

2. Unknown522 - Worst luck in the world.

3. I.B. - Nice bird. I came specifically to play you and we never did. Say 'Hi' to Shayna for me!

4. Idea - Fun friendlies.

5. Riddlebox - Reavers are too good!

5. Europhoria - Hello. Thanks for the tri-wing. Controller broke again after I 'fixed' it so I'm gonna have to crack it open again. I'm probably gonna just break in a new one again though and have Cactuar look at the old one and see what's wrong with it (if a second coat of lube doesn't work). Oh wellz.

7. The Pizz - Nice spacies. Nice job getting 7th. Surprised you beat Alan. Good stuff.

7. Hammertime - How did you lose to Tin Man?!

9. Tin Man - ...No offense.

9. Sleaf - Hi Alan. Let's drink and celebrate being done school soon!

9. Windrose - Hi Windy. Let's play soon.

9. Eternal - Learn to combo.

13. An_Hero - Hey honey. See you at A&C!

13. Coffeeblack - Hope I can see you at A&C and get some games with you next time haha. I'm glad you liked teams.

13. RoidRage - Learn to combo.

13. Bernal - Learn to combo.

Various others: thanks for coming out to A&C! Was nice meeting the newcomers and seeing the regulars!

Engo

Smash Ace
13. Bernal - Learn to combo.

!
I've always thought I knew how to do it but I've finally realized I really didn't know how to combo and punish properly.

I got some good advice from Weon and I'm definitely gonna work on this however funny and obvious it might sound looool

edit: Didn't erase all of the quote but left it like that anyway cause it makes sense

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Easiest ways to do big damage with Fox is to either link a bunch of up moves you can follow (up airs are really good for this) or to try and convert a low launcher into a chain of SHFFL aerials (nair > up tilt > bunch of nairs at low percents on a bunch of characters, for instance).

Top Bottom