• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule 6 Monthlies @ Fuddruckers

sidefx

Smash Champion

Where: Fuddruckers
  • 1975 Diamond Blvd, E-260 Concord, CA 94520

When: February 17th, 2013

Cost:
Singles -$10
Doubles - $10 (per person)
Genesis 3 Donation (OPTIONAL) - $?? (THIS IS OPTIONAL!!)

Schedule:
11:00am - Doors open
11:30am - Teams sign ups begin
12:00pm - Teams sign ups close
12:30pm - Teams bracket begin

2:30pm - Singles sign ups begin
3:30pm - Singles sign ups close
4:00pm - Singles pools/bracket will begin (tentatively)
8:00pm - Clean up
9:00pm - GTFO

Note: Singles will begin based on how far along teams brackets are. Usually they start around 4ish so try to be there around that time or earlier if you are planning on being there only for teams.

SETUPS

We need ALL the setups we can get. This means TV's, cube, and melee discs.

Prizes:
Singles:
1st place: 50%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 20%

Doubles:
1st place: 50%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 20%

Melee Ruleset
  1. 4 Stocks
  2. 8 Minute Time Limit
  3. Pause is set to “Off” (Non of that quick reset bull****!)
  4. Items set to “Off” and “None”
  5. Wobbling / Blizzobbling is legal.
  6. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., Ice Climbers’ Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner., etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  7. Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick ANY stage he or she won on in the set unless agreed upon by both players. This resets at the start of a new set. (ex: 2nd set of grand finals, or playing the same person again in losers bracket)
  8. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as continuing infinite’s (wobbling/blizzobbling) past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you. Peach’s wall-bombing, or Jigglypuff’s rising pound can be only be used as recovery tactics.
  9. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
  10. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.
    NEW RULES
  11. Button Checks are limited to :30 seconds.
  12. Players have a maximum of 2 minutes in between games (during a set), to select a counter pick character or stage, and start the game. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit of the game. (not the set)
  13. In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by:
  • Who ever has more remaining stock left.
  • If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by who ever has less percent.
  • If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters, and same stage.

Modified Rules for Doubles
  1. Team Attack set to “On”
  2. Items set to “Off”
  3. Pause is set to “Off”
  4. Life stealing is allowed.
  5. In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by which ever team has more remaining stock.
  6. In the event of a game going to time and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.

Set Procedure Player (Advanced Slob Picks)
  1. Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
  2. Each Player/Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
  3. Each Player/Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
  4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the 5(five) Neutral Stage List by the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-1 (Player/Team 1 strikes one stage, followed by Player/Team 2 striking two stages, with Player/Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
  5. The first match is played.
  6. The Player/Team that won the previous match may announce one “Stage Ban” if they have not already done so in this set.
  7. The Player/Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Neutral Stage List or the counter pick Stage List. Any Stage named as a “Stage Ban” by the either Player/Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Player/Team that has already won on that Stage in this set unless agreed upon but both parties. (Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule)
  8. The Player/Team that won the previous match chooses their character(s).
  9. The Player/Team that lost the previous match chooses their character(s).
  10. The next match is played.
  11. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches until a winner is determined.

Determining Player Priority

If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:

Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.

Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1)
Singles Stage List

Conduct Rules
  1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
  2. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
  3. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.
  4. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag and equipment. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible, keep an eye on your equipment and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be restarted because of these problems.
  5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
  6. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
  7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO’s discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
  8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
  9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
  10. Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player’s ear), or invading the their personal space, will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organizer sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.
  11. Although a rarity in melee (regarding textures and other game hacks):
    • Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
    • Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO’s discretion.

If you have any questions, contact me on
Facebook, or on aim (osidefxo), or on my cell: (925) 408-9646

or join the Norcal Melee group on facebook!

sidefx

Smash Champion
April 29th, 2012
Melee Singles Results:

Entrants (34) (1 round of pools, top 3 out)

1: lucien ($80.00)
2: Shroomed ($48.00)
3: SFAT ($32.00)
4: Bob$
5: choknater
5: Moon
7: Zeldafreak
7: sidefx
9: Fannypak
9: BlueFoxXT
9: azuza
9: Berto
13: Mackadocious
13: L
13: theo

Singles Bracket

Melee Doubles Results:

1: Rule 6 (dajuan + alan) ($45.00)
2: Bluefatxt (Bluefoxxt + Sfat) ($27.00)
3: me and moon (mooninite + berto) ($18.00)
4: Wolf Buddies (GERM + Lucien) ($0.00)
5: Eladocious (L + Mackadocious)
5: Young Links (Chok + Kizzo)
7: Luke n Goose (Luke + Goose)
7: Team Hos (Groovygreenhat + Dho)
9: The Flood (Corky + The flood)

Doubles Bracket

May 27th, 2012
Melee Singles Results:

Entrants (43)

1: sfat ($105.00)
2: silentspectre ($63.00)
3: shroomed ($42.00)
4: atma
5: brandon
5: Darrel
7: phil
7: tafokints
9: Mooninite
9: bob$
9: choknater
9: Alan
13: sheridan
13: germ
13: kizzo
13: nintendoking
17: zoap
17: sidefx
17: luke
17: mackadotious
17: asuza
17: nick
17: aron
17: groovygreenhat
25: aiden
25: theo
25: ben
25: v.leo
25: nima
25: silly goose
25: bp
25: julian
33: chicagoben
33: corki
33: carlos
33: jason
33: the fly
33: miguel
33: wolfy
33: armon
33: tvh
33: kevin
33: johnnight1

Singles Bracket

Melee Doubles Results:

Entrants (14 teams)

1: rule 6 (alan + dajuan) ($65.00)
2: Razor Blades more plates! (phil + brandon) ($39.00)
3: **** sucking janitors (bob$ + darrel) ($26.00)
4: Mustard of Intense Incredibility (tafo + darkatma)
5: Alfred Hitchcock (theo + nima)
5: Full Frontal Nudity (boback + peter)
7: Madagascar cathartic lawn mower (kevin + nick)
7: The Coitus Interrupters (zac + julian)
9: i embrace my desire to embrace the rhythm (josh + jason)
9: Sailors of Adventurous Ridicule (Silly Goose + luke)
9: Salesman of Horniness (corki + the fly)
9: Godlike (jessie + andre)
13: no recovery (denny + elliot)
13: Vibrate Masters (johnnight1 + chicagoben)

Doubles Bracket

Project: Melee Singles Results:

Entrants (19)

1: silentspectre ($13.30)
2: choknater ($5.70)
3: sfat ($0.00)
4: groovygreenhat
5: mackadotious
5: phil
7: silly goose
7: corki
9: julian
9: sheridan
9: brandon
9: kevin
13: nintendoking
13: wolfy
13: zoap
13: johnnight1
17: the fly
17: chicagoben
17: tvh

Project: Melee Singles Bracket
August 26th, 2012

Melee Singles

Entrants (56)

1: Mango ($135.00)
2: S2J ($81.00)
3: Dajuan ($54.00)
4: Atma
5: SFAT
5: Bob$
7: Zhu
7: Wes
9: Sung
9: Choknator
9: Phil07
9: Tafo
13: Toph
13: Darrell
13: Hyprid
13: HMW
17: Alan
17: Moon
17: Anson
17: ZeldaFreak
17: J666
17: L
17: sidefx
17: Lovage
25: Tim
25: Mackadocious
25: Sparky
25: Ky
25: Truman
25: Berto
25: Eric Hu
25: The Snap
33: Aaron
33: Nicholas M. Whittier
33: Eric
33: Mikkuz
33: CommonYoshi
33: Walt
33: The Crimson Blur
33: Theo
41: The Flood
41: Isis
41: Coolian
41: YaYa
41: The Goat
41: Goose
41: Rio
41: Rook
49: Corky
49: Troy
49: Socknose
49: Jar
49: Paul
49: Carlos
49: LOLStuff

Melee Teams

(20 entrants)

1: Hugos a Buster (mango + zac) ($95.00)
2: Manly Sons (johnny + oscar) ($57.00)
3: Apples of Vibrant Incredibility (alan + dajuan) ($38.00)
4: MURCY (phil + brandon)
5: Chad Kroeger & Avril Lavigne (eric + jason)
5: Club of Luck (atma + darrell)
7: Moon Dunkers of Draculas Pie (ky + anson)
7: Stars of Beauty (biz + zhu)
9: LOL (tafo + alvin)
9: Sparkadocious (kenny + mack)
9: Tommy Bugle **** (bob$ + eric)
9: Scoundrels of Speed (nick whittier + casey)
13: Toph & Nawgui (Toph + Nawgui)
13: RioLOL (rio + LOLstuff)
13: Team Sailors of Lovable Obesity (berto + moon)
13: Power Aids (kevin + aiden)
17: Vibrant Pimps (coolian + sidefx)
17: andre & patrick (andre + patrick)
17: Lion King (germ + jenkins)
17: Team Random (tim + rook)

January 6th, 2013
Melee Singles Results:

Entrants (59)

1: Mango
2: Westballz
3: Shroomed
4: SFAT
5: PewPewU
5: Zhu
7: S2J
7: Scar
9: Tafokints
9: SilentSpectre
9: Phil
9: GERM
13: DoYoung2Win
13: Darrell
13: Choknator
13: Alan
17: Hyuga
17: HomeMadeWaffles
17: Ky
17: L
17: ZeldaFreak
17: DUNK
17: Azusa
17: Berto
25: Mr. Ganondorf
25: Moon
25: Ahmad
25: QTP
25: sidefx
25: MYL
25: Kenny
25: Broger
33: Klutch
33: Piff
33: CoolHandLuke
33: Alvaro
33: Grady
33: Draykin
33: Car Los
33: Small Player
33: Jmac
33: Patrick J
33: Patrick
33: Jordan
33: Kizzo
33: Thomas
33: Chris J
33: Power Kevin
49: Kevin Tam
49: royce
49: Brian
49: Corey
49: Fate
49: T-Flex
49: Truman
49: Jesse Eisenburg
49: Cruz
49: Boogeyman
49: Rogelio

Singles Bracket

Melee Doubles Results:

Entrants (18 teams)

1: Mango + S2J (Mango + S2J)
2: Scarfat (Scar + SFAT)
3: RUSH HOUR 4 (Dajuan + KToy)
4: Darrell + Westballz (Darrell + Westballz)
5: You gon' get this work (phil + brandon)
5: Zhu + NotMacD (Zhu + Alan)
7: The Golden Bears (Mr. Ganondorf + Zeldafreak)
7: White Rice (Sheridan + Alvin)
9: Return of the Incredible Juggernaut (Aiden + Austin)
9: Me and Moon (Berto + Moon)
9: Ky + Dunksies (Ky + Dunksies)
9: Kimimaru + Truman (Thomas + Truman)
13: Doin Work (Ahmad + Do)
13: Salesman of Horniess (Jordan + Brog)
13: Chok + MYL (Chok + MYL)
13: Lion King (Germ + Tres)
17: Patrick + Kenny (Patrick + Kenny)
25: Lumberjack Slam (Zedd Grady)

Doubles Bracket

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Boback.

Just wondering, is there any chance of switching when teams/singles happen? It'd increase my chances of going but that's just me.

sidefx

Smash Champion
yeah i was actually gonna switch them, cause a bunch of people cant make it till 2-3ish.

so yeah gonna switch singles and teams.

GroovyGreenHat

Smash Cadet
Quite possibly a bad question, but is there any discount for bring half a setup (everything but a TV)? If not, no worries, I can bring a cube anyways.

Also, is there any chance of rides to bart after the tourney?

sidefx

Smash Champion
well the "venue fee" is mainly just to help secure a 2nd date for the regional coming up soon. for now there isnt a discount for bringing a set up =\ sorry

there technically is no cost to use the venue its self so the "venue fee" is really a "give me a dollar to help get 2 days instead of 1 day fee"

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Good stuff. You can count on me to show up to this.

-Johnknight1 Watson.

P.S.: Good idea on the funding of the next tournament.

Also, people who bring a full setup deserve to be complimented.

Perhaps give them the title of "Sir," "Saint," "Master Assassin," or "Thee Smashtastic" (before their name) for the tournament! :laugh:

That would be a unique "reward."

GroovyGreenHat

Smash Cadet
Also, people who bring a full setup deserve to be complimented.

Perhaps give them the title of "Sir," "Saint," "Master Assassin," or "Thee Smashtastic" (before their name) for the tournament! :laugh:

That would be a unique "reward."
Can people who bring partial setups be squires or something?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ Seeing as how chances are I can only bring a partial setup (plus cords; I left my mini-TVs in my parents' trailer) I'll call you squire if you call me squid! :laugh:

WassupJB

Smash Lord
big ups to boback for hosting, lucien for winnning, nick cause i like your face. moon, miguel, berto, austin, isis, zeldajason, walt, brianfoxxt, fresh/chris, sillygoose, L, bobbysiege, corky: medium level shout out to ya'll. alan's hilarious. derek = turn up.

bob$ = boss.

began uploading pm now. peace.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I heard there was a PM side event at this? Does anyone have the results/character usage?

sidefx

Smash Champion
I heard there was a PM side event at this? Does anyone have the results/character usage?

We didn't get to finish it unfortunately :( started it too late and was kinda surprised by the amount of people who entered (21 total). We only had two set ups but next time well have more

Not sure about character usage but I did see a lot of sonic. **** that **** is annoying LOL

Fox is fun :)

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Excited to see future PM events at Cali events! Really interested in gathering ruleset/character usage data for the future.

sidefx

Smash Champion
yeah as far as rules go, we didnt have anything really, but brian (bluefoxxt) said he'll have some sort of guideline or something to go off of for next time. i think itll start to develop as we go to see what works and what doesnt.

curious, has anyone else come up with a ruleset yet? or is it still up in the air

WassupJB

Smash Lord
We didn't get to finish it unfortunately :( started it too late and was kinda surprised by the amount of people who entered (21 total). We only had two set ups but next time well have more

Not sure about character usage but I did see a lot of sonic. **** that **** is annoying LOL
LOL sonic is annoying

Excited to see future PM events at Cali events! Really interested in gathering ruleset/character usage data for the future.
youtube.com/dvcrecroom to watch matches from this past weekends tournament

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
does anyone know when the melee videos will be uploaded? specifically the setup that was closest to the door, my set vs shroomed was there...thanks!

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Yeah, that was my recording setup. I unfortunately have not had sufficient time to be able to sit down and edit the vids I have, but I will be trying my best to free up some time this week to do so.

My channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/WolfySSB. The videos will be uploaded there and I can link them on the thread or wherever.

Top Bottom