• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IGN plays Project M.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
...Trying to imagine a future where the P:M devs have a say in Nintendo.

Pros:
Smash 4 will be sexplosive (adds word to dictionary)
DLC for Smash 4
Smash 4 will likely have a cool name. Seriously, ever since the Wii, we just can't trust Nintendo with naming anymore.

Cons:
Nintendo would suck out there soul.
Sooooo much info would be leaked. Or it should be. If they didn't leak info, I'd be disappointed in them.
They'd try to convince Nintendo to make every game they make more difficult. (I don't see this as a con, though.)
Imagine the potential release date setbacks. Brawl was set back, Demo 1 was rushed, and Demo 2 was set back (barely, though.) A very scary thought.
I just hope Smash Bros. 4 doesn't have on-disc dlc (looking at you, Capcom). Oh, and tripping needs to be taken out.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I'm sure I'd like Project M if I played it, but the team is getting recognition off someone else's work when it's clearly SSBB with technical updates.

It would be different if it was it's own game like that Sonic Racing title and you wouldn't need the Brawl disc to run it too.
Excuse me, do you know how much they editted this game?
They changed the:

Loading screens
Menu look.
Character Select Screen.
Pretty sure they made their own stages out of scratch (correct me if I am wrong)
Stage Select Screen.
Every character in the demo has just about every move editted and some moves that have completely new animations.
Hitstun changes, gravity changes, shield changes, etc.

No, they aren't making a whole new game. And yes, it's probably a lot more work to make a new game compared to this. But the quality is very good and fairly glitch-free. They did work to get this feeling like melee, and this isn't even the full release yet. If you can't praise people for editting a game this well, I don't see why people expect companies to balance games or fix glitches in patches.
They are getting recognition because they are doing a good job, not because lol they editted brawl.

Cummings

Smash Apprentice
Ledyard, CT (Right next to Foxwoods/Mohegan Sun)
Im wicked excited that IGN is promoting project M, but i really dont like what they said during the closing statements of the video... they said to check back at IGN for more PM, but didnt differ people to the website that the creators made.... does this tick anyone else off?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Im wicked excited that IGN is promoting project M, but i really dont like what they said during the closing statements of the video... they said to check back at IGN for more PM, but didnt differ people to the website that the creators made.... does this tick anyone else off?
No. They're getting more recognition from IGN than they should even kinda expect.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah Falcon it's crazy, it's almost as if not everyone (and in general, very few people) agrees with you on that point, so their annoyance that IGN didn't link to our site (which they did, actually) would be perfectly logical.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Sakurai sends and E-Mail.

To the Project M developers.

It says: "I want you....for Smash Bros Kerfuffle"

WHAT.

DO YOU DOOOOOOOO.

I, for one, would cream my pants.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
As awesome as it would be for the P:M devs to work on SSB4, I think they should stay as far away from Nintendo as possible. Keeping it 'by the people, for the people' is more rewarding IMO.

Tesh

Smash Hero
The people who made brawl still put in far more time, effort and resources than the project M team. Its not like they(The Project M team) are pretending they built the game from scratch or trying to sell it for money though.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Shhh, Tesh, get that logic out of here, you're just hating and not at all just stating pretty simple ****in' points.

That's the thing. They're pretty simple ****in' points that anyone knows (in your owns words they are 'abudantly clear') so I don't get why you're saying them.

:053:

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I just want a 3D Castlevania. A Roguelike 3D Castlevania.

With 7 classes.

Vampire Killer.
Dark Renegade.
Glyph Sorceror.
Master Assassin.
Ace Gunslinger.
Holy Knight.
Beast-Man.

And it would be open-ended, with lots of tech-trees and combos. And locations rivaling Order of Ecclessia and Portrait of Ruin in variety.

Top Bottom