• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The PokéSmash College of Design - Round Ten!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Design a Pokemon with the ability Illusion. Include its typing, base stats, and a list of competitive moves your Pokemon learns. Source of move (ie tutor, egg move, etc) not required. Specify which tier the Pokemon would be used in (OU will be assumed otherwise).
Hitmonshee - Bing
Creativity: 4/8
Wave: Generic phsyical sweeper, though the typing is pretty cool.
Competitive: 4/10
Wave: What does it do, exactly? Rest Talk and other defensive sets aren't really viable, since you'll be investing EVs into defenses, which means you'll be unable to kill things as well. And if you can't kill things fast, people will be able to react once their Pokemon survives an attack and they know your identity. Swords Dance is an interesting possibility, but you're too slow to pull it off, unless you're doing a late-game sweep with Mach Punch.
Sexiness: 4/7

4+4+4=12

Average score: 12/25

[collapse="Frizer - Xonar"]Frizer is an Ice/Fighting type Pokémon with the ability [Illusion].

HP: 100
Attack: 130
Defense: 80
Sp.Atk: 30
Sp.Def: 80
Speed: 50
Total: 470

Viable moves:
Swords Dance, Trick Room, Mach Punch, Ice Shard, Hammer Arm, Icicle Spear, Ice Punch, Bulldoze, Psycho Cut, [Substitute]

The main Illusion check is Stealth Rock. A Pokémon that is disguised but takes bonus SR damage, still takes the extra damage. This is covered by the fact that Ice/Fighting take neutral Stealth Rock damage, opening a lot of options for this powerful Pokémon.

The main boon of Illusion is that you often get a good switch match-up and a free turn of set-up. This turn should make the big difference, which is very well abused by Frizer.

The biggest boon of Frizer himself is his attack coverage.
Ice + Fighting is quite possibly the strongest dual stab in all of Pokemon in terms of offensive power. Leading to these numbers:
[1 No Effect
18 Not Very Effective
299 Normal Effectiveness
347 Super Effective ]

Add in Bulldoze, and you get these:
[1 No Effect
1 Not Very Effective (Surskit lolol)
211 Normal Effectiveness
452 Super Effective]

He can run a few major sets
The first is Swords Dance + Priority.
Life Orb
Swords Dance
Mach Punch
Ice Shard
[Bulldoze/Psycho Cut/Hammer Arm/Ice Punch]

Then there's a Trick Room opportunity, which is any combination of Trick Room + [Swords Dance, Mach Punch, Ice Shard, Hammer Arm, Icicle Spear, Ice Punch, Bulldoze, Psycho Cut]
Depending on what you're aiming for.

Then there's Substitute, which can be used if you don't want your Illusion to break, thus retaining the element of surprise.

And the usual Choiced set, but with Illusion, that is not recommended.

His biggest weakness is quite obviously Bullet Punch and Mach Punch.
His dual stabs are not very effective versus: Tentacool, Tentacruel, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Starmie, Slowking, Qwilfish, Surskit, Froslass, Victini, Frillish, Jellicent, Litwick, Lampent, Chandelure, Larvesta, Volcarona, Darmanitan (Zen Mode)

There are also plenty of Pokémon that he can hit neutral only. For example Mew would be a great wall against this Pokémon.
252 +2 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs 252 HP/252 Def Mew: 33,42% - 39,36%
3-4 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Note: Mamoswine has the same attack as Frizer.
Then again, Mew is one of the better physical walls in the game currently. But this does go to show that Frizer is not the top end of everything. He's simply really viable.

OU Metagame, btw. [/collapse]
Creativity: 7/8
Wave: Very interesting idea here. A frail and slow Pokemon that relies on priority, and has a very lackluster movepool elsewise.
Competitive: 7/10
Wave: It seems like Frizer here suffers from Weavile/Electivire Syndrome (I just made that up, don't worry about it). You indeed do have a very high attack stat, but abhorrently low base powers dull his potential quite a bit. That said, Ice and Fighting STAB will hit lots of things super-effectively, especially big threats in OU (Dragons and Steels everywhere). I can easily see this thing being a potent late-game sweeper rivaling Scizor and Lucario, with the added bonus of possibly being a better revenge killer than either one of them. Overall, I think Frizer would be a very hard Pokemon to play against, but managable with some skill.
Sexiness: 6/7

7+7+6=20

Average score: 20/25

Congratulations to this week's winner, Xonar!

This week's prompt:
Deadline: Wednesday, April 18th, at 12:00 midnight CDT

Give any one Pokemon with one type an additional, different type. For example, you could make Pichu Electric/Dragon. Any and all effects, such as but not limited to weaknesses and STAB, are taken into account.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Staryu as a water/psychic type.

Lol.
And now I suddenly realize that for years I've been living under the delusion that Staryu is Water/Psychic. I hate when this kind of thing happens.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I thought sandstorm was a ground type move.

Thought ice was super effective on bug.

Didn't know ghost resisted bug and poison.

Thought rock was immune to electric.

Didn't know that in RBY your hometown is named Pallet Town and every other city is named after a colour.

Bing

Smash Master
MIlotic + Dragon

The addition of Dragon type to a water type it removes the weaknesses too electric and grass but becomes x2 to Dragon.
Adds stab to attacks like Dragon Tail and Dragon Pulse

The biggest threats to Milotic in UU metagame are Shaymin,Roserade,Zapdos and Raikou. Giving Milotic the Dragon type removes its weaknesses to Grass and Electric which makes Milotic and much more viable, especially because a physical defensive wall with a powerful moveset and only one weakness is pretty handy!

*Prays for high score*

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Umbreon gains psychic.

Umbreon is a good wall suffering from bad typing. Giving him ghost would add yet another ghost/dark type which would be *** tbh. Dark/Psychic gives him a neat neutral roster, safe for psychic which is x0 and bug which is x4. With U-Turn being pretty prominent, this will withhold Umbreon to some degree, but he will still be usable.

Because Umbreon has access to heal bell and overall a pretty good support movepool, he might raise in usage.

It's reminiscent of a Normal typing.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I've wanted to enter this since right off the bat, but my lack of knowledge in the more competitive aspects of Pokemon have generally deterred me from posting anything. I figured I'd give this a shot though:

Rock/Grass Sudowoodo

A typing choice that makes a good deal of aesthetic sense as well as way more practical use of Sudo. One of the big things he has going for him in the first place is his use of the move Wood Hammer, which becomes even more threatening with STAB taken into account. It also neutralizes many of the weaknesses that cripple him - namely Water and Grass-type attacks, as well as Ground - with the slight drawback of also neutralizing his resistances to less prominent types.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Bug/Ground Pinsir

+ STAB Mold Breaker EQ
+ Neutral to Rock
+ Immune to Electric
+ Resists Poison

- Neutral to Grass
- Weak to Water
- Weak to Ice

o Makes enough sense aesthetically - He's a brown, flightless Stag Beetle. Kinda looks like he rolls in dirt.

Ever since GSC, it's been hard for Pinsir to set itself apart from Heracross. Making Pinsir Bug/Ground is simply an attempt to do so. The positives and negatives of the change are listed in order of how important I feel they are to the design's premise, and I will be talking about them in said order.

I always felt like Mold Breaker EQ was Pinsir's biggest niche over Heracross, so pushing that niche to its fullest potential just makes sense to me. Pinsir is, in a sense, "safer" than Heracross; especially after this change. STAB EQ, with or without Mold Breaker, gives Pinsir a different set of threats in UU that he has the capability to handle, and that's all you really ever need to make someone consider use.

Neutrality to Rock may actually be the most important. It's pretty freaking close. People like to complain about how Pinsir is weak to SR a lot, so being neutral to it is kinda great. The benefits should be pretty obvious.

Electric immunity is just good no matter how you slice it, but what's most important is an immunity to Thunder Wave. Heracross isn't a huge fan of paralysis even with Guts, so this little bit of oomph is kind of awesome.

Poison resistance. Eh...not important at all pretty much.

Weaknesses to Water and Ice aren't too big to be perfectly honest. Most Water and Ice-type moves are Special-based, and Pinsir shreds like paper to Special Attacks to begin with.

Considering the Grass-types that exist in UU, this isn't too big of a deal. They all outpace and typically run another move that would shred Pinsir to pieces anyway.

Like I said before, he looks like he could actually be Ground-type anyway. He's a dirt-colored, flightless stag beetle. Throwing on a Ground typing wouldn't really make people think "what the hell?" They would just look, nod, and accept. And that's all you really need.

So would this change give Pinsir a niche over Heracross? I don't know for certain, but I like to think so. It does little but improve Pinsir in a competitive environment, and it does so in a lot of great ways. And the best part? It does it while retaining aesthetic.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I've wanted to enter this since right off the bat, but my lack of knowledge in the more competitive aspects of Pokemon have generally deterred me from posting anything. I figured I'd give this a shot though:

Rock/Grass Sudowoodo

A typing choice that makes a good deal of aesthetic sense as well as way more practical use of Sudo. One of the big things he has going for him in the first place is his use of the move Wood Hammer, which becomes even more threatening with STAB taken into account. It also neutralizes many of the weaknesses that cripple him - namely Water and Grass-type attacks, as well as Ground - with the slight drawback of also neutralizing his resistances to less prominent types.
Man I always wanted to use Sudowoodo, but even with this typing, I'll just never see it happen.
If only there was a good Rattled user in OU, that would calm down Scizor's ****.

Bug/Ground Pinsir

+ STAB Mold Breaker EQ
+ Neutral to Rock
+ Immune to Electric
+ Resists Poison

- Neutral to Grass
- Weak to Water
- Weak to Ice

o Makes enough sense aesthetically - He's a brown, flightless Stag Beetle. Kinda looks like he rolls in dirt.

Ever since GSC, it's been hard for Pinsir to set itself apart from Heracross. Making Pinsir Bug/Ground is simply an attempt to do so. The positives and negatives of the change are listed in order of how important I feel they are to the design's premise, and I will be talking about them in said order.

I always felt like Mold Breaker EQ was Pinsir's biggest niche over Heracross, so pushing that niche to its fullest potential just makes sense to me. Pinsir is, in a sense, "safer" than Heracross; especially after this change. STAB EQ, with or without Mold Breaker, gives Pinsir a different set of threats in UU that he has the capability to handle, and that's all you really ever need to make someone consider use.

Neutrality to Rock may actually be the most important. It's pretty freaking close. People like to complain about how Pinsir is weak to SR a lot, so being neutral to it is kinda great. The benefits should be pretty obvious.

Electric immunity is just good no matter how you slice it, but what's most important is an immunity to Thunder Wave. Heracross isn't a huge fan of paralysis even with Guts, so this little bit of oomph is kind of awesome.

Poison resistance. Eh...not important at all pretty much.

Weaknesses to Water and Ice aren't too big to be perfectly honest. Most Water and Ice-type moves are Special-based, and Pinsir shreds like paper to Special Attacks to begin with.

Considering the Grass-types that exist in UU, this isn't too big of a deal. They all outpace and typically run another move that would shred Pinsir to pieces anyway.

Like I said before, he looks like he could actually be Ground-type anyway. He's a dirt-colored, flightless stag beetle. Throwing on a Ground typing wouldn't really make people think "what the hell?" They would just look, nod, and accept. And that's all you really need.

So would this change give Pinsir a niche over Heracross? I don't know for certain, but I like to think so. It does little but improve Pinsir in a competitive environment, and it does so in a lot of great ways. And the best part? It does it while retaining aesthetic.
Man, closed April 18th.

Looks good regardless. I've been trying to make a Heracross team (I've been lazy on it though, haha) but never once looked Pinsir's way. Pure bug is just so... lacking.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Oh hey yeah, I guess I was a day late. Lame.

...I kinda didn't check SWF in like a week and I saw the prompt for this and figured it would be fun. Maybe Wave would give me a way-in anyway. ;D

Also, I forgot to mention Sandstorm immunity. Ah well.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Give any one Pokemon with one type an additional type.
Dragon Milotic - Bing
Creativity: 6/10
Dragon isn't exactly notable as a defensive typing. On Milotic, however, it manages to be pretty nice.
Competitive: 5/7
Given Milotic's already-high base stats, an addition of a Dragon typing easily sets her apart from the myriad of bulky waters vying for Jellicent and Vaporeon's spots. A weakness to Dragon might stop her from reaching OU, though.
Sexiness: 6/8

Average score: 17/25

Psychic Umbreon - Xonar
Creativity: 7/10
Instead of offensive power or additional resistances, a Psychic Umbreon forgoes all of its resistances entirely in exchange for canceling out one weakness. Considering how common Fighting-type moves are, it could be worth it.
Competitive: 3/7
I'm not completely sold on this idea. Even with a Psychic typing, Umbreon still suffers from having like two possible sets at most: cleric and Perish Trapper. Umbreon is still inferior to Pokemon like Chansey and Blissey. The biggest change is a lack of weakness to Fighting, which would definitely make Umbreon at least a little bit better.
Sexiness: 4/8

Average score: 14/25

Grass Sudowoodo - Clownbot
Creativity: 6/10
Not much to say here, really. Grass Sudowoodo makes sense, and Grass is a good defensive typing as well.
Competitive: 5/7
I can see Grass Sudowoodo being much better than before, but probably not to the point where he gets bumped up a tier because his base stats are still atrocious. Everyone (well, at least me) knows how good Cradily is in the sand; Sudowoodo might find a place on such teams in lower tiers, though Cradily has the valuable Suction Cups / Storm Drain and Recover. Who knows, you could even try sweeping with Rattled and Rock Polish.
Sexiness: 5/8

Average score: 16/25

Ground Pinsir - Circa
Sexiness: 1/1
I came at Mold Breaker STAB Earthquake.

Congratulations to this week's winner, Bing! Really close this time, very cool ideas all around.

This week's prompt:
Deadline: Saturday, April 28 at 12:00 midnight CDT

Give any Pokemon any existing ability.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Awww. I was hoping he'd at least do a full judgement without actually letting me win. No offense to the others, but I feel like I would have had that one. :awesome:

And I might actually participate in this one. Time to see what another favorite of mine could do...

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Xonar, if you would have given Umbreon Poison instead of Psychic, you probably would have won. And I'll explain why.

You would have achieved your original goal of creating a better defensive typing while still not going overboard. Poison eliminates Umbreon's Fighting and Bug weaknesses, gives it a resistance to Grass, and makes it immune to Toxic (as well as giving it the ability to soak up Toxic Spikes, which is equally awesome since he's probably on a stall team) while giving it a weakness to Ground, which is also an extremely common movetype. Umbreon's not extremely good or anything at this point in the metagame, so this many benefits actually won't make it OP. It will just be really strong, and with its many different support options it will be equally annoying. It would probably sit somewhere near the middle or bottom of OU after this change. Top 25 at absolute best.

Along with this, Umbreon's lore actually references a potential Poison secondary typing. "When agitated, this Pokemon protects itself by spraying poisonous sweat from its pores."

I just figured I would tell you this as a sort of constructive criticism. It's always smart to explore every option and do the appropriate research when doing something like this. As for why I'm singling you out, it's just because Umbreon happens to be one of my top 5 favorite Pokemon, and there actually was an option available that would give it the potential to move up competitively in an extremely significant way.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Reckless Arcanine

Because I can, honestly. It's already running Flare Blitz and Wild Charge as standard, so you might as well up their power to ridiculous levels and watch as Arcanine jumps straight up into at least BL. Arcanine would pretty much become staple on sun teams (if it wasn't already, which I wouldn't know) as a very capable wallbreaker/revenge killer (he still has Extremespeed, do remember), and may even see play outside of sun teams for similar reasons.

You're probably thinking "is this really necessary?" To which I will say no, no it isn't. Arcanine is pretty good as-is and doesn't really need the power boost. But would it be amazing nonetheless? God damn ****ing yes it would. And you're pretty crazy if you say otherwise.

I would brush my goddamn teeth to it.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Wasn't Arcanine a BL poke already?

Cloud Nine Mew

Mew is my favorite Pokémon to use this meta-game. Editting in more stuff laters. Just saying now that weather is very prevalent this meta-game and this is the key that could give weather-less a fair chance or at least stir up the meta-game.

Bing

Smash Master
Okay well heres my lame submission.

Thick Fat Ferrothorn

Since Ferrothorn is a Grass/Steel type pokemon, I figured that adding Thick Fat, reducing the damage taken from Fire and ice type attacks by 50% would be of great use. Especially considering that many pokemon have the ability to use both Fire/Ice type attacks (Mostly the elemental Punches and Bites)

Ferrothorn also has poor speed so I believe that if has a greater chance of surviving strong attacks, in could be of greater use to do its job and set up hazards and all that jazz that Ferrothorn does.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
HUGE POWER TOGEKISS

Like Azumarill, Togekiss is a cutie sitting at a meager base 50 attack. Togekiss already has some gimmicky offensive sets with Hustle, but to be honest that's just a plain bad Ability. Let's get into Huge Power instead.

Comparing the two, Togekiss more or less has the same Bulk as Azumarill, can put Power and Priority into one slot with Devastating STAB Extremespeed, has Reliable recovery, and is faster and can go mixed, at the cost of having a Stealth Rock Weakness, no real advantageous weather, and a terrible Physical movepool.

However, being able to go mixed AND be a huge power mon is an INCREDIBLE niche. That crappy physical movepool is JUST ENOUGH to do some real damage with. With Stealth Rock on the field, it is capable of doing tons of damage and ripping some very Bulky Pokemon apart. However, when not using extremespeed, it can sit on a bit of the slow side, especially with SpA investment and a non-Spe nature. Take for example, this moveset:

Togekiss@Life Orb
Huge Power / Naughty
252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
Extremespeed
Drain Punch
Flamethrower
Roost / Work Up / Air Slash

Roost is the likely best choice, increasing your lifetime where Drain Punch might not cut it, Work Up can be used if you want to set up, and Air Slash is for Chandelure, Jellicent, and all the other oddly large amounts of Pokemon that can wall Normal/Fighting/Fire. Alternatively, you can opt out of Drain Punch alltogether and simply use Air Slash instead, with only Extremespeed as your physical option.

Without Rocks, Togekiss can dispatch even Skarmory all the time, as ESpeed to Flamethrower is a 2HKO. Any other Fire weak walls share a similar fate, bar Bronzong, who has the mixed defenses to not really care how its getting hit, and Retaliate with a Gyro Ball, HP Ice, or whatever else Bronzongs run these days.

It's not all sunshine and rainbows, though. When walls AREN'T Flamethrower weak, the low base power of these moves start to show. Only with a predicted Drain Punch can Togekiss ever hope to 2HKO Chansey with 1 layer of spikes or rocks. With a Layer of each though, ESpeed to Drain Punch can pull through. If we go further to walls not particularly weak to anything in Togekiss' arsenal, it starts to fail, only really pushing out 3HKOs and such.

Here's calcs against bulkier/wallier/stallier things in the metagame.

[collapse=Thank Honkcalculator]ExtremeSpeed vs. Dragonite (OU Bulky Dragon Dance [Multiscale]): 27.97 - 32.9%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Gyarados (OU RestTalk [Intimidate]): 29.69 - 35.02%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Cresselia (OU Support): 29.72 - 35.13
ExtremeSpeed vs. Suicune (OU CroCune): 33.41 - 39.6%
Flamethrower vs. Hippowdon (OU Physical Wall): 34.04 - 40.23%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Slowbro (OU Physical Tank): 35.27 - 41.87%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Mew (OU Support): 37.87 - 44.55%
Drain Punch vs. Porygon2 (OU Defensive Duck): 37.96 - 44.91%
Flamethrower vs. Sableye (OU Prankster): 38.81 - 45.72%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Wobbuffet (OU Bulky): 39.2 - 46.21%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Deoxys-D (OU Toxic Staller): 38.81 - 46.38%
Flamethrower vs. Gliscor (OU Swords Dance): 39.54 - 46.61%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Gliscor (OU Swords Dance): 38.13 - 44.91%
Flamethrower vs. Jirachi (OU Specially Defensive): 40.09 - 47.52%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Swampert (OU Defensive): 41.14 - 48.62%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Reuniclus (OU Calm Mind): 41.98 - 49.76%
Flamethrower vs. Donphan (OU Defensive Rapid Spin): 43.22 - 51.04%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Donphan (OU Defensive Rapid Spin): 34.37 - 40.62%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Zapdos (OU Physically Defensive): 44.12 - 51.95%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Vaporeon (OU Wish Support): 44.06 - 52.05%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Latias (OU Physically Defensive Calm Mind): 44.5 - 52.74%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Deoxys-D (OU Fast Spiker): 45.39 - 53.61%
Flamethrower vs. Bronzong (OU Tank): 47.92 - 56.8%
Drain Punch vs. Chansey (OU Wish): 48.57 - 57.38%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Chansey (OU Wish): 38.77 - 45.73%
Flamethrower vs. Skarmory (OU Specially Defensive): 60.47 - 71.25%
Drain Punch vs. Skarmory (OU Specially Defensive): 28.74 - 34.13%
[/collapse]

Of course, beyond wallbreaking, 438 Attack STAB LO Extremespeeds are pretty Nasty to deal with, beating other Priority and dealing okay coverage, as well as hitting as hard as all hell.

[collapse=Relevant Espeeds]ExtremeSpeed vs. Mamoswine (OU Choice Scarf): 68.42 - 80.88%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Hydreigon (OU Offensive): 69.32 - 81.9%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Landorus (OU Swords Dance): 70.84 - 83.69%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Landorus (OU Choice Band): 70.84 - 83.69%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Ninetales (OU Specially Defensive): 74.85 - 88.28%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Haxorus (OU Choice Band): 74.83 - 88.41%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Salamence (OU Dragon Dance): 75.22 - 88.82%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Rotom-W (OU Choice): 80.57 - 95.45%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Politoed (OU Choice Scarf): 81.61 - 96.26%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Latios (OU Offensive): 82.45 - 97.35%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Venusaur (OU Mixed Growth): 90.03 - 105.98%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Starmie (OU Standard): 90.8 - 107.27%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Tornadus (OU Hurricane): 92.64 - 109.36%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Virizion (OU Work Up): 92.87 - 109.59%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Volcarona (OU Offensive Quiver Dance): 94.53 - 111.25%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Breloom (OU SubPunch): 94.31 - 111.36%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Toxicroak (OU Swords Dance): 95.45 - 112.33%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Tentacruel (OU Offensive): 98.32 - 115.71%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Espeon (OU Calm Mind): 114.7 - 134.92%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Jolteon (OU Boosting Sweeper): 115.12 - 135.42%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Mienshao (OU All-Out Attacker): 115.12 - 135.42%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Mienshao (OU Choice): 115.12 - 135.42%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Alakazam (OU Offensive Calm Mind): 152.19 - 179.68%
ExtremeSpeed vs. Dugtrio (OU Revenge Killer): 160.66 - 189.09%
[/collapse]

Long Story Short:
+Turns Togekiss into an easily OU Huge Power user.
+Hurts HO very badly (In a metagame standpoint, it could significantly contribute to the unbanning of Deo-S if it existed as a DW ability or something, as how this checks a lot of HO is ridiculous)
+Is able to more easily break Stall, mostly in the form of beating out the Pink Blobs.
+Makes Hax Togekiss less common ;)

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Pure Power Slaking :troll:

yeah we're doing that again. :awesome:

jk tho have to think
How about giving Slaking Poison Heal and equiping Toxic Orb? (I'm assuming a Pure Power Slaking is along the lines of Wonder Guard Spiritomb)

Giving Slaking Poision Heal/Toxic Orb would mean he gets a STAB 140 Physical attack move (Facade) with 20 PP and base 160 Attack - it would be like getting hit with a very slightly weaker Hyper Beam that has 100% accuracy, double the PP and no cooldown. Doesn't suffer from status effects that might get in the way/cripple him due to being constantly poisoned (which means no burning to cut down his Attack), coupled with reasonable defenses/speed along with a base 150 HP with an ability that heals 1/8 every turn

For the record, I don't play Pokemon competitively (I am trying to get to understand it a bit more these days) and I haven't played Black/White so I have no idea how this would work out or what Natures would be best (Adamant and Careful maybe depending on what you wanted to go for?) or any other moves you could put on. Pursuit, Substitute and Focus Punch for attacking? Or perhaps replace the latter two with Amnesia and Slack Off/Taunt for a more tank like set?

As far as counters go...I have no idea. A really sturdy wall perhaps? Could you Knock Off the Toxic Orb? Am I right in thinking there's a move that hits Pokemon for double damage if they're poisoned?

Who knows

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Throh with sniper.

Storm throw becomes a base 180 attack (factoring in stab) with no drawback that will always ignore defense boosts and will always break subs unless it's a ghost.

The ability would make him significantly better but he definitely wouldn't be OP.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Sorry about the lateness, final's week isn't fun.
Give any Pokemon any existing ability.
Reckless Arcanine - Circa
Competitive: 4/8
Reckless is a really minor change. The increased power on Wild Charge is especially nice.
Creativity: 4/7
Sexiness: 7/10
Reckless makes sense thematically. He's a giant badass dog running around headbutting things.

Score: 15/25

Cloud Nine Mew - Xonar
Competitive: 6/8
You'll have to invest heavily in your defenses to take powerful Hydro Pumps and Fire Blasts, even outside of weather. Mew can't take advantage of 100% accurate Thunder and boosted Fire Blasts to take down Water- and Grass-types. A fast Scarf or Life Orb might be your best bet, running Psychic/Thunderbolt/Fire Blast/Ice Beam against Rain teams and Aura Sphere / Fire Blast / HP Rock, Ground, or Water / Ice Beam. It'd be tough to be prepared for both Rain and Sun teams. You'll definitely outspeed Chlorophyll users, and most Fire-types are relatively slow.
Creativity: 3/7
Sexiness: 5/10

Score: 14/25

Thick Fat Ferrothorn - Bing
Ferrothorn can now take unSTAB HP Fires. It already was not all that concerned about Ice Beams in the first place, but it certainly helps. Losing Iron Barbs does hurt, though, as it effectively makes it less physically bulky, since physical attackers will be able to hammer at it more.
Creativity: 4/7
Sexiness: 6/10
imba

Score: 14/25

Huge Power Togekiss - UltiMario
Competitive: 6/8
A strong ExtremeSpeed alone makes this extremely attractive. Togekiss is no longer a stupid mediocre Pokemon that flinches, and one that can revenge kill and wall break given prediction.
Creativity: 5/7
Sexiness: 7/10
Giving Huge Power to a special sweeper? Did not see that one coming.

Score: 18/25

Poison Heal Slaking - Rickerdy-doo-da-day
Poison Heal Slaking is probably broken. You can run Choice Band or Life Orb (**** Poison Heal) and just switch into Toxic or Toxic Spikes, since those two items increase the power of more than Normal-type moves. Or just switch in Slaking not giving **** with your bulk.
Creativity: 3/7
Sexiness: 5/10
nerf plx

Score: 12/25

Sniper Throh - Dre.
Competitive: 5/8
This definitely gives Throh a unique niche, though I don't think the niche is big enough. While Throh now has an incredibly powerful move that bypass Curse, Intimidate, and the like, Throh doesn't do what many other bulky Fighting-types do. It doesn't have powerful priority and it can't heal without Rest. Increasing crit damage on Storm Throw doesn't affect the power of its Stone Edge or Payback, though.
Creativity: 5/7
Sexiness: 8/10
A very cool idea, combining a mediocre ability with a mediocre Pokemon.

Score: 18/25

For the first time, it seems like we've a tier! Since I decided that the sexiness category was most important this round, that individual score will be used as the tiebreaker. And so, congratulations to this week's winner, Dre.!

This week's prompt:
Deadline: Sunday, May 6, at 12:00 midnight CDT

Pokemon can now use five moves, instead of just four. Propose a moveset to take advantage of five moves.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Thanks for the win. Does this prompt only consider the Gen5 metagame?

I've got some ideas for the RBY meta but I'm not sure if you're including that.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Meh, why not. You might want to do a little extra explaining, since I'm not really familiar with RBY.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Only the stupidest set ever is acceptable for this challenge.

Deo-D@Red Card
Timid / Pressure
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Taunt
Rest
Sleep Talk
Cosmic Power
Recycle

Instead of making something predictable like a set-up sweeper with Perfect coverage AND Recovery, I bring a Pokemon that's needed a 5th moveslot for a long time, and to bring you the most annoying wall that's been spawned in Pokemon.

Run some TSpikes, take down their Spinniners and Grounded Poisons as quickly as possible, sent this baby out, and expect to win.

Set Up free Cosmic Powers from forced switches and Red-card caused switches. The set almost Guarantees getting to +2/+2 by nature. Recylce your Red Card to force more swiches, try to Cosmic Power as often as possible, and Rest When needed. Sleep Talk now has a 3/4 chance of choosing a useful move, so thankfully the odds are with you again. Taunt prevents you from being Whirlwind or Roared out, and forces them to attack you to red card them out. With relatively little difficulty, you can get up to +6/+6, and just Recycle Red cards all day. You wear them down with Hazards and Toxic Damage, and for anything immune, you just straight PP Stall them out thanks to pressure and Sleep Talk's Huge amount of PP (and the ability for rest to waste 4 PP from the opponent while you sit and tank damage not using PP). Is an absolute monster, and Deo-D has ALWAYS suffered from 4-Moveslot syndrome.

Top Bottom