• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Brawl Presents: Get HYPE! II (ft. Kansas Melee / Project M)

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
In the event I deviate from Unity 3.0 (which is a possibility but probably not until the MW outside of MO weighs in), I will probably run the ruleset as such:

The Fat Bat Legendary Ruleset (FBLR):

8 minute timer
3 stock
MK Legal
Double MK Banned in Teams
Scrooging Rule
LGL 45 (30 for MK)
MK Banned on Counter Pick Stage List
2 Stage Bans
DSR

Starters:
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Castle Siege

Counter Pick Stages:
Delfino Plaza
Rainbow Cruise

Unless it's a 3.0 option, I won't be doing Japanese or Apex rules

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
if u do mk banned you are all a bunch of ****ies that will be secluded and disadvantaged from the rest of the world.

double mk banned in teams is fine ONLY CUZ it doesn't hurt attendance at all (as in, the metaknight players won't care. It can't hurt attendance). But disallowing a MK player to use his char in singles or teams is a COMPLETELY different story. Anyone who supports MK banned is for the most part, just a bad or a scrubby player.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
14 hour drive -.-

Maybe if it was during the summer, but I can't do that in September.

EDIT: <3 Saint for saying he's from Alabama.

DeLux

I will unretire forever, if you go to KU and join KC lol

I already told you in person what your support before my cult following began in earnest meant >_>

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Those rules are lolzy but I approve.

M2K has all the right in the world to complain about MK banned since he single handidly got him banned and people wanted to take away his lively hood.

DeLux

MWE vs MWW should happen again IMO
You mean Midwest vs. the World, for the first time

7v7 2 stocks (for time purposes). I have to be strict on the venue or pay like $100 for every hour extra we're late >_>

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I vote for MK Banned.
Although I could careless if he's banned or not. But If there's a poll, I'll Vote him Banned, Since I've had more tournaments with him unbanned...

Zinoto

Smash Lord
if u do mk banned you are all a bunch of ****ies that will be secluded and disadvantaged from the rest of the world.

double mk banned in teams is fine ONLY CUZ it doesn't hurt attendance at all (as in, the metaknight players won't care. It can't hurt attendance). But disallowing a MK player to use his char in singles or teams is a COMPLETELY different story. Anyone who supports MK banned is for the most part, just a bad or a scrubby player.
LOL, M2K going in. Wait.....does this mean you're going to this?

In the event I deviate from Unity 3.0 (which is a possibility but probably not until the MW outside of MO weighs in), I will probably run the ruleset as such:

The Fat Bat Legendary Ruleset (FBLR):

8 minute timer
3 stock
MK Legal
Double MK Banned in Teams
Scrooging Rule
LGL 45 (30 for MK)
MK Banned on Counter Pick Stage List
2 Stage Bans
DSR

Starters:
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Castle Siege

Counter Pick Stages:
Delfino Plaza
Rainbow Cruise

Unless it's a 3.0 option, I won't be doing Japanese or Apex rules
As long as :metaknight: and :rainbowcruise:/:brinstar: aren't together I'm fine.

___X___

Smash Lord
if its mk legal and m2k comes i may come. other wise its just another nooby local university smash festival tourney in my eyes.

Fragger

Smash Journeyman
Hype, coming to this.

Also no Brinstar in the stage list, dont want Lux beating everyone with IC's on it i see :troll:

DeLux

Unless I find someone to Co-TO, I won't be entering either event to make sure we have a quality experience for everyone

Oh we're stickied, get HYPE!

Roller

Smash Legend
Lux, I hear you want input on the ruleset. I vote for SKTAR's.

That being said, so long as the ruleset is one of the current big 3 (or close enough to one of them) it will not affect my attendance.

Furthermore, I would be more than happy to help you TO at this, if you'll have me. I have helped TO every MI tourney I've attended for almost a year now. I also assisted Juggleguy with The Big House, and I'm sure he would vouche for my professionalism and work ethic while running an event, contrary to what my online persona may suggest.

Lemme know. :reverse:

I'm not better than Lux, I'm just drunk. d:
YooOOoOooOooo, drunk climbers unite!!!!! We must do shots. Or at least share some beers. I demand it.

btw, I'm 10x more likely to come to this now that Saint is confirmed.

Also. Saint will be making upsets at this right and left. Be prepared.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm sure he would vouche for my professionalism and work ethic while running an event, contrary to what my online persona may suggest.
I can vouche
despite this guy was doing shots at APEX when he was supposed to be doing pool official stuff.

Patches

Smash Master
I'll be looking into this. I'll try and talk to some more Canadians. Toronto Joe and Meekspeedy might want to come.

Who wants to do doubles with a sexy Canadian :gw:?
:phone:

Roller

Smash Legend
I can vouche
despite this guy was doing shots at APEX when he was supposed to be doing pool official stuff.
Yo, there weren't Brawl pools on Friday night... lol

And I was in the last pool to finish, I was not drunk for them. As much as it killed me to wait that long...

Also, it's because you ARE good, Saint. :reverse:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'd prefer 5 or 3 stage starter and whichever it is then have the other 2-4 as counterpicks. Is that just me or do other people agree...? =/

Lol saint.

TC if i come u should team with me.

Cuz :pit::wario: is broken.

BPx

Smash Lord
the reason they aren't cps is so mks mains can ban delf/rc and still be able to play mk on w/e neut they cp

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I'd prefer 5 or 3 stage starter and whichever it is then have the other 2-4 as counterpicks. Is that just me or do other people agree...? =/

Lol saint.

TC if i come u should team with me.

Cuz :pit::wario: is broken.
If you actually attend this, then for sure.

Top Bottom