• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 12: Now with accurate title! MYM12 is closed! MYM 13 is Open!

Junahu

Smash Ace
Moveset BBCode aide:
[COLLAPSE="BBCode Aide"]
Default Fonts:
MS Serif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Normal, Bold, Italic, Italic Bold, Underline
MS Sans Serif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Arial
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Arial Black
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Arial Narrow
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Book Antiqua
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Century Gothic
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Comic Sans MS
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Courier New
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Normal, Bold, Italic, Italic Bold,Underline
Fixedsys
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Franklin Gothic Medium
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Garamond
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Georgia
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Impact
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Lucida Console
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Lucida Sans Console
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Palatino Linotype
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
System
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Tahoma
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Times New Roman
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Trebuchet MS
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Verdana
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Colour Swatch:

[COLOR=#C9966]▓[/COLOR]

Example Text
Code:
Example Text
PHP:
Example Text
:pika:
Code:
Example Text
Example Text
[COLLAPSE="open"]:pika:[/COLLAPSE] Example Text
Example Text
[/COLLAPSE]

smashbot226

Smash Master
Let's Play Catch-Up

Roxas is a very grounded and simple set. Which is both good and bad, though the set admittedly suffers from a lack of a mechanic to keep the reader interested. While I can hardly claim to be an advanced setter, this set seemed to have benefited from some sort of refined combo system. Perhaps it might've been something I missed, but the manner in which these moves flowed so well into each other would've been a great addition, in my opinion. Still, you can easily see this set working in standard Brawl and it's definitely respectable as your archetypal rush-down/high mobility character.

Thundercun Larxene is a set that I can envision to be very entertaining to play as AND against, which is a rarity among sets I've read. The manner in which she manipulates her foudre knives and clones on their own is immensely devious but combining the two makes for an even more chaotic scene. Let's not even get into the organization: very high quality and an easy read, as expected of Jun sets. And to beat a dead horse, the downright devilish playstyle isn't just fun to read/imagine unfold; it's completely in-character, right down to the "completely lose your sh*t" grab game.

Marluxia is a set I could compare to Larxene in two primary ways: they both have fighting styles that the reader can envision as entertaining to use/fight against and are very fitting for the character in question. In this case, Marluxia makes use of his death counter in as unobtrusive of a manner as what I can deem possible. The intimidating combination between Marluxia's plethora of multi-hitting attacks and the very threat of the death counter make for an equally devastating gameplan that people can learn to love and respect. If there was any one point I could detract from this set, it'd be that there aren't enough petal-making moves Marluxia lacks further ways to whittle at the death count. It's really just A) petal barrage or B) multi-hitting scythe attack.

Luxord is a set I was rather excited for, yet held back on reading due to your edits to the grab game. It's a damn shame because I wouldn't have been able to point out any sort of real detractor about the set other than the sometimes confusing writing style because I absolutely love it. It shares the same sort of character-fitting and duality-wielding playstyle as the last two Nobody sets and goes several steps further in terms of an entertaining playstyle. The number of ways he can manipulate his cards, the depth of how Luxord can change up and shuffle his different types of cards, how he can save presets of whatever decks he currently has out with UTilt, there really is a lot in this set to keep it interesting until the very end, even fitting the grab game into his plan to continuously confuse the opponent. You seriously need to stop making sets I like, Kat. It's getting awkward
to see you filling out most of my SV list

Demyx is a fun, but generally lackluster set. You told me to expect disappointment and while I can tell you it's better than Scizor, it's fairly lacking. Unlike others, I don't really mind the complete awkwardness of the rock-out special though I do question the utility in any one foe participating in it. Wouldn't the refusal attack be far more helpful to lead into for whoever you're fighting since they risk nothing? Kinda takes a chunk out of your specials there. There's some balance issues regarding the crammed instant death mechanic in NSpec: it'd have done some good to balance it out somehow, though I understand you were pressed for time at any rate. That's not to say this set is a general disaster zone; the water clones and Octavia-esque manner in which you can move your notes around is very intuitive, and you've taken some lessons from Smot in terms of messing with the opponent with your two types of water forms. It shows you're learning, which shows signs of progress.

Keroro Squad is another Kat set that is confusing as all hell. But nonetheless, it works like a newly-bought Porsche, which is to say smoothly as hell. While the general inclusion of the ninja frog seems forced solely due to him being on the team, the rest of the frogs combine to make a definitely subjective awesome-read. I'm aware others will likely despise it, but for now this is a positive review sans for the forced inclusion of the ninja and the nigh-seeming reliance on the luck factor provided by the scientist's tampering. Each member has their own role, yet are (What I can only assume) characterized so well that they manage to function as a meta-set; the leader has to keep active so the jarhead won't blow him to kingdom come, but at the same time he has to keep up with the gundam walls/soldiers to keep wailing on his opposition. Factor in the weapons that each member comes with as well as the saucers/airships/whatever they were and it makes for a set that comes across as insane. Not in a good nor bad way, just in the literal term of insane.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
MYmini

- - M A T C H U P S - -

- R O U N D 1 -

In large part, Elsa Maria is going to be forcing Angel to play the damage-racker in this battle. Angel is going to be primarily relying on fast moves with high rates of repetition like her Dash Attack and Forward Aerial to cut through Elsa’s numerous tentacles. Given Elsa’s few up-close options, however, if Angel can weave her way through the tentacle onslaught, the match turns quite a bit in her favor.

How might an Angel player go about this? The primary method is probably going to be her Side Special, which allows her to dodge and leave behind an illusion of herself. Keeping Elsa Maria one step behind on Angel’s current location is going to force her to play a much closer defensive game, minimizing the number of tentacle barricades Angel has to plow through to reach her. Since Angel will likely be damaging Elsa plenty on the approach via the destruction of tentacles, so equipping Handsonic version 4 (decreased damage/knockback, increased hitbox size) is usually fine for when she actually gets in for the KO, and to help her be able to reach Elsa a little more easily.

Elsa Maria, on the other hand, should be working her hardest to keep Angel occupied in any way possible. Overwhelming her with long-ranged tentacle attacks and getting minions to gang up on Angel is Elsa’s best bet for thwarting Angel’s approach. Horizontal strikes like the Forward Tilt hinder Angel’s ability to use her Side Special for dodging, as well as using your Down Tilt to ensure you strike the real Angel even if she is invisible. Elsa’s Neutral Special tentacles circling around her can make it difficult for Angel to land the crucial hit even when she does get in close, and the longer she’s kept busy with getting near Elsa, the more time minions have to build up.

With all these overwhelming factors from Elsa’s tentacle game and barrier, Angel is likely to be forced into a corner, so to speak. In the case that Elsa plays her cards right, Angel’s most valuable asset becomes her Up Special: duplicates. If Angel can separate herself a fair distance from the clone, they’ll likely attack the tentacles and minions in the area around them instead of making things harder for her. However, this is easier said than done, since Elsa is likely to be blocking off sections of the stage with walls of tentacles. This is a really make-or-break technique for Angel, who generally has to rely on a bit of good luck for it to go well.

This game's winner is...

- R O U N D 2 -

This is a fiercly uphill battle for the Gray player, as Medusa trumps a huge part of his game with her Vector Plates. This throws an obvious wrench in any slip-and-slide strategies, as Medusa is able to maintain very much in control of her movements despite an icy playing field. Beyond that, her Serpent’s Tail granting her an anchor to the ground renders Gray’s ice floors almost useless.

This narrows Gray’s plausible options to a more traditional KO, most likely through use of his Up Smash. Considering Medusa’s various recovery options, a star KO move like makes the most sense. Gray will probably need to use his own ice for his approach, avoiding Medusa’s vectors along the way. For purposes of this, his Dash Attack is quite helpful, as it drops him to the ground while keeping him moving along the ice. Medusa’s vectors can make projectile usege difficult, but paying close attention to them may give Gray an opportunity to use them for his own Side Special or Neutral Special.

Unfortunately for Gray, Medusa’s options far outclass his. With Gray’s projectile game and slip-and-slide effectively shut down, he’s forced to play at close range, where Medusa’s grab game becomes an absolute nightmare. Given the fact that Gray is going to be trying to KO Medusa off the top blast zone, she has no need for all of her varied recovery options, and should have no qualms about giving up a couple of them to make Gray’s life miserable. In particular, the Up Special and Side Special implants are expendable, and will certainly serve to tip the scales even further in Medusa’s favor.

This game's winner is...

- R O U N D 3 -

Quote’s arsenal of projectiles put him at an immediate advantage over the X-Naut, who has only a couple to compete with. However, the X-Naut is certainly not without options. For one, his Down Special reflector, if timed right, can make Quote eat some of his own most powerful attacks, like his Side Special or Forward Smash. The homing properties and long duration of the X-Naut’s Persistent Blaster can also prove to be a real nuisance, and if Quote isn’t careful, can allow the X-Naut an opening to get in close, where effective use of his Potion Chuck (with a little luck to get a helpful potion) can help him slap some good damage on Quote and drop his weapons to lower levels, evening out the fight a bit.

In close range, Quote is likely to end up using his Blade attacks, though, which as long as he doesn’t let it level down, are some of his most powerful. If the X-Naut can get the Blade to level down, his chances of victory improve significantly, but despite even that, Quote’s aerial mobility and offense will often grant him an escape from the close-range situation, making this an uphill battle all the way for our poor X-Naut.

This game's winner is...

The Warrior of Many Faces

Smash Apprentice
Everywhere and nowhere, as location is meaningless
"Alt" refers to an alternate account - there is a theory going around in the chatroom that you may be another MYMer who shares many of the same traits with you. The name of the comment refers to something he's been accused of doing.
I may as wll mention that I'm not really a huge fan of the "return key fetish" either - it's really quite annoying.
Ah. That may explain the more confusing aspects of the review. Thanks for the heads-up.

Also, since you have a problem with my use of the return key as well, I’ll try to tone it down as best I can. Also, I apologize, MasterWarlord, since it seems your comments in that regard weren’t as unfounded as I thought.

Azula's line spacing is the least of the set's problems.
You’re not a fan of my Azula set either, it would seem. You’re entitled to your opinion, of course, but now I’m curious as to what you consider those problems to be. The same things that Warlord was concerned with, or something else?

Review time!

THE WEIRD RIDER

I like this guy! Sure, people might be able to predict how he’ll bounce his projectiles and stuff off the shield… unless the Rider is keeping them busy with a couple of traps or his surprising combo prowess. It’s the shield, though, that makes the set. There’s quite a bit you can do with that, some of which you touched on, such as defanging trap characters or protecting a partner; another use I just thought of is to cut off a Dragoon piece until you’re ready to claim it. It’s great, too, that this guy has a separate strategy for 1-on-1 and multiplayer; it gives the impression of a very versatile fighter who fights to win, even if he’s supporting more than actually fighting.

This could use a little bit of elaboration in one or two places, specifically whether you can escape from the Forward Throw before the dynamite goes off and how his Down Smash is supposed to force foes into the air when it has “barely any flinch”, which I would assume also applies to knockback. Nonetheless, this is a solid and likeable set that’s easily visualized. And it has extras!

Weird name, but a pretty good set. Unusually, this set seems almost underpowered, since all a foe has to do is deal 20% damage to weaken Quote. Still, the balance seems to be kept fairly well since Quote can level them up again. I also like the organization of the set, unconventional though it is; it helps keep the various weapon effects straight, since with the changes involved in leveling up/down, these effects are more complicated than usual.

Without a playstyle section, I find myself fumbling a little more to figure out how this guy would be used, but considering that practically all of his moves (sans the sword) are ranged, it isn’t overly hard to figure out. Keep the foe off-balance, rack the damage, all while staying at a distance. Then whip out the rockets at an opportune moment and
BOOM!

The extras are pretty good, too, Outer Wall especially. I didn’t end up reading it during the relevant MyMini, which I regret now; this stage’s physics would make for some very interesting battles. No doubt everyone would be camping near the left wall or attempting to prevent their opponent from doing the same… or perhaps snipe from the right side while everyone else quarrels over the left.

One minor quibble, however: obviously Quote can’t have more than two weapons out at a time, so I’d assume that the older weapon gets stowed first when a third weapon is used, but it’d be nice if the way that worked was explained. Other than that, though, this is excellent.

SAKURAKO AND HIMAWARI

Okay, so we have another infighting set. This one’s not as interesting as Keroro Platoon, though (granted, that’s pretty difficult). Still, this set just didn’t click for me. I had a lot more difficulty seeing the cooperative part of this set and overall the moves were just harder to visualize. Maybe it’s just that you’re taking anime elements that I’m not familiar with and turning them into moves; maybe it’s just that the small lettering made me skim more. I dunno, but there’s something that’s eluding me for full understanding of the set.

However, there were likeable elements that I could pick out. The Down Special and its healing capabilities was pretty good, especially with the disliked foods in there to help balance the buffing effect. The cooperative element involved in the Up Special was also a favorite; it’s both a good recovery and an excellent insight on the relationship of the girls.

That being said, some of this set was just plain weird. Homework? Student Council work in the middle of a brawl? It's both an inefficient way to go about a fight and was somewhat jarring, to be frank.

Overall, I can see that a lot of effort went into this one, but to me, this felt overly complicated and somewhat odd.

OOGIE BOOGIE

On the other hand, you’ve got quite a good set with this one. The tearing mechanic helps to balance the somewhat overpowered weight and traps Oogie is packing, which I appreciate. Similarly, the die mechanic actually manages to implement luck in a way that I like. That may just be because Oogie can cheat and rearrange the results if he needs to, but it’s still pretty good and an interesting take on trap characters.

Overall, it seems likely that Oogie will be wanting to lay a bunch of traps to start, rearranging his dice as necessary, before getting his soup ready to start his enlargement. A fairly well-organized plan of attack, but one that allows for improvisation (which will be necessary eventually; this is Brawl, after all). This improvisation shows itself best in deciding the necessary order of traps. What exactly does Oogie need for this match? The roulette seems fairly mandatory at some point, at least to help buy time for enlargement. Beyond that, he’ll want at least one trap opening available for the hook. I’m not entirely sure about the relative merits of the soldiers vs the fence; the soldiers probably rack damage better, but the fence is another potential way to buy time.

Oogie’s forward air is a bit confusing since I’m not sure how long the stone wall remains, but this is a likeable set otherwise.

Finally caught up! Yay! Now let’s see if I can’t finish up my own projects…

SirKibble

Smash Champion

Weird name, but a pretty good set. Unusually, this set seems almost underpowered, since all a foe has to do is deal 20% damage to weaken Quote. Still, the balance seems to be kept fairly well since Quote can level them up again. I also like the organization of the set, unconventional though it is; it helps keep the various weapon effects straight, since with the changes involved in leveling up/down, these effects are more complicated than usual.

Without a playstyle section, I find myself fumbling a little more to figure out how this guy would be used, but considering that practically all of his moves (sans the sword) are ranged, it isn’t overly hard to figure out. Keep the foe off-balance, rack the damage, all while staying at a distance. Then whip out the rockets at an opportune moment and
BOOM!

The extras are pretty good, too, Outer Wall especially. I didn’t end up reading it during the relevant MyMini, which I regret now; this stage’s physics would make for some very interesting battles. No doubt everyone would be camping near the left wall or attempting to prevent their opponent from doing the same… or perhaps snipe from the right side while everyone else quarrels over the left.

One minor quibble, however: obviously Quote can’t have more than two weapons out at a time, so I’d assume that the older weapon gets stowed first when a third weapon is used, but it’d be nice if the way that worked was explained. Other than that, though, this is excellent.
Thanks for the comment, WOMF. Thought I'd address your quibble, since I guess I didn't mention it in the set; Quote only keeps one weapon out at a time. When you use a new one, the old one is put away. So only the last weapon Quote used is subject to leveling down (or up, for that matter). Maybe looking at it that way will alleviate a little of your concern about him being underpowered, too. :bee:

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
WoMF you got some explaining to do. Nobody is allowed to be DM's alt except me. NOBODY.

Anyway I assume you're all actually here for comments, so I'll be nice and give you a few.

Zexion
Honestly Prof... I'm really kind of impressed by this set. A lot. Now that you're made the grab into something actually pretty solid(I like the FFA implications and the use you make of the duplicates, mainly) the set really has no areas that are especially weak, although the aerials are a bit filler heavy at points. I mean, they work, but they don't really do anything particularly interesting with the main playstyle for the most part. That said, it does contribute to something I like about the set, it doesn't feel nearly as hard to play as other mindgame characters. For the life of me, as cool of a set as it is I would never touch Pennywise with a 10 foot pole in an actual game, but I could see myself playing Zexion no problem. I hardly care about learning curve but it's nice to have a bloody mindgame character that actually feels not impossible to play and intuitive for once.

Anyway, I hardly need to get into the good qualities of this set, they're all pretty obvious if you bother to read it. If you haven't, may as well entice you with the promise of stuff like fake damage, it's such an obvious concept but also one that works really well in the set. I also do like how they still deal hitstun, which was well utilized in that awesome Down Smash(though I see no reason not to just turn on drain mode with that), and not to mention how cleverly you manipulate the Lexicons to create some rather incredible mindgames. And the way the health of the duplicates work... it's all pretty brilliant. Not every move plays off the mindgame aspects of the set all -THAT- well, but given what you were going for they don't really have too and usually you capitalize on their being other copies running around rather nicely. If this isn't a frontrunner, it definently should be. Always knew you had it in you since Octavia, Professor.

Saix
Bizarrely, I found myself not really minding this set at all. Yes it's a swordsman set that's loaded to the brim with filler, but all those Ike-power attacks become handy when he actually gets the power buff, and you manage to get across the brutal feel of his character quite nicely. Complaints are fairly obvious, you don't really play enough off the stalling to get to Lunacy mode beyond the Bumper based chain grab, with him not really having much in the way of flow at all. But you know, given the character was supposed to be an Ike clone, I'm surprised that it turned out how it did, the set actually has some decently unique qualities and while it doesn't really hold up to our standards, at the very least it's well characterized and feels properly brutal to play as.

Keroro Squad
...ho boy do I really have to be the negative one here? Well as it turns out I do, since I really did not end up liking this set at all. The main things that immediately strike out to me are Kululu and the random ninja frog. The later feels so unbelievably irrelevant to the main set I'm shocked you would include him at all, especially with his random terrible summoning conditions. He feels so bloody forced into the set that it's almost painful really. Kululu is also... rather disappointing, largely due to the fact that he is... you know, random. No real ability to influence him is really a bit of a travesty, as it makes utilizing your new toys extremely dangerous unless you can test them out on the plants. Is it in character, and would a menu have probably been more awkward? Yeah. Do I like how it works? ...not really, truth be told. That said, I do like a way to test out the random factor of the weapons, I just wish there was -SOME- way to convince or steer him. Perhaps getting him specific ingredients somehow in a sort of "crafting" thing? Would that take away from his wildcard factor too much? I don't know.

Anyway, the rest of the set feels pretty poorly put together to me. I -LOVE- the item subtheme, actually. We don't see a lot of characters based around item manipulation, and Keroro gives bucket-loads of ways to manipulate their items, as well as plenty of pretty cool ones to manipulate. The problems come up when I feel that past a few ways to swap them around, they don't really flow together. There's fairly little reason to actually make your two sidekicks go away, and you seem to encourage killing them, though I suppose using them as sacrifices for science is sort of cool. The missile guiding and ways to trick it's homing seem interesting on the surface, but it all gets very superfluous if you ask me and honestly there's no reason you can't just stop being unproductive for a second to attack the foe before going back to your Gundam Models. Not like they actually do much of anything, there's a reason Giroro doesn't want you wasting time on them. And yeah, these whole gameplans don't really feel cohesive at all, truth be told, especially with Kululu making things random as hell and the stupid ninja doing nothing particularly notable to contribute to your playstyle.

It's a bit of a shame too, because as I said, there's some really, really cool stuff going on here. Kululu's modifications are honestly really creative and seem incredibly fun to screw around with when they do work out in your favor, and between that and stuff like the saucers, plants, and such, Keroro feels like it leaves a ton of room for some incredibly fun experiments. On that note, the whole team is very well characterized... and that brings me to what might actually be the sets strongest point. I came in wanting to loathe the set because these characters seemed so -STUPID-. I came away loving all of them except the ninja, charmed by the sort of begrudging, crazy "teamwork" they pull off so well and the sheer amount of personality in the individual characters. Between that and your, for once, great writing style, this set is kind of a blast to read. I feel if the set had been more cohesive, it could have easily been amazing, but keeping these characters in tact under such circumstances would be incredibly difficult, and while you've had an incredible contest I feel you're still developing and I don't think even you could have pulled that off. I know I couldn't, and I doubt there's much of anyone in MYM who could. It... honestly really pains me to say this set is bad, because there's so damn much to like, but I kind of have to give a thumbs down. But I am certainly glad I read the set, and quite frankly if it places well I'm not going to be offended.

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the comment, WOMF. Thought I'd address your quibble, since I guess I didn't mention it in the set; Quote only keeps one weapon out at a time. When you use a new one, the old one is put away. So only the last weapon Quote used is subject to leveling down (or up, for that matter). Maybe looking at it that way will alleviate a little of your concern about him being underpowered, too. :bee:
Yes, that definitely helps mitigate the underpoweredness. And no problem about the commenting; it actually makes the set more interesting when I analyze it for review, so it's a win-win situation there. :D

WoMF you got some explaining to do. Nobody is allowed to be DM's alt except me. NOBODY.
I’m gonna go with the classic “I was framed” defense. Hopefully this isn't the sort of movie where I get executed anyway. XD

Time for a MyMini contribution!

-------------------------------------------------------

KERORO PLATOON VS TROPIUS

At first, this seems like a fairly even matchup. Tropius, being as solid as he is, is tough for the Platoon to KO, but the Platoon is good at disrupting Tropius’s setups.

Tropius’s advantages come mostly from his solidity and his steady source of healing via the trees. Of course, the Platoon is also blown away more easily than most, so Tropius could potentially KO them just by blowing them away for long enough. He could also create a whirlwind of leaves and seedlings to wear them down enough to blow them off-screen. Alternatively, he could just use it to isolate Tanama and/or Giroro long enough to smash Keroro for a KO. And then of course is his Solarbeam, which is pretty much a KO if he lands it.

On the other hand, the Platoon may not let Tropius set up to begin with. Tanama’s enthusiasm and Giroro’s explosives could very well flinch Tropius into not being able to plant seeds or get a whirlwind started. Which will then give Keroro ample time to make Gundam models for Kululu to animate for even more disruption. From there, they can wage a war of attrition, slowly wearing Tropius down and preventing him from doing anything deadly.

However, Tropius’s weight will make it extraordinarily difficult to KO him considering how small the Platoon is, and all Tropius has to do is pull off one of his faster moves, such as maybe Forward or Up Tilt, to get the little space froggies off of him. From there, he can then create a whirlwind or just knock them back with wind long enough to get his setup started. Even the thorns the Platoon can create probably won’t do a whole lot when Tropius finally manages to get Solarbeam up.

Ultimately, while the Platoon would put up a pretty good fight, the brawl would inevitably end in Tropius’s triumph.

WINNER: TROPIUS

-------------------------------------------------------​

LEXAEUS VS GRAY FULLBUSTER

Ice vs earth. Lexaeus has power while Gray has speed. Who will prevail?

Gray's main strategy revolves around sliding the foe right off the stage. That may be problematic with Lexaeus, since his traction is abnormally good. Additionally, Gray's ice sculptures would be easily shattered by Lexaeus's claymore, which really doesn't do him much good. Furthermore, Lexaeus's surprising weight gives him a clear defensive advantage, making it particularly difficult to KO Lexaeus.

Lexaeus, on the other hand, has most of the good cards. The rock spires can really mess Gray up defensively, allowing Lexaeus to charge up with Neutral Special and smash Gray. Sure, Gray's faster, but Lexaeus will catch him eventually. The tremors can help set up that smashing by slowing Gray down (although Ice Make might be able to block that for a while). Forward Smash might help, too, since it's ranged and can catch Gray off-guard.

Sorry, Gray. Better luck next time.

WINNER: LEXAEUS

-------------------------------------------------------​

LARXENE VS ZEXION

It's a master of duplicates and illusions vs the incarnation of the Death of a Thousand Paper Cuts. Larxene will find it difficult to KO considering her quick but weak moves and the mindgames Zexion brings into play; on the other hand, it's not as if Zexion is the king of KO moves either. Needless to say, this will be a long battle.

Larxene, of course, has her own duplicate as an option, which will help her a little in regards to dealing damage to the real Zexion once she figures out which one it is. Heck, if she duplicates herself quickly and attacks Zexion, he may not be able to get any duplicates out at all, which will severely wreck his game plan. From there, she can just keep hitting him, keeping him off-balance and unable to duplicate himself or strike back; she can then KO with Up Smash or one of her throws.

On the other hand, if Zexion manages to set up, Larxene's pretty much screwed. There's little to no way for her to damage Zexion effectively when there's three or four clones walking around; considering that she doesn't do much damage to begin with, having that spread around on guys who don't matter is crippling. Furthermore, Zexion has a number of ways to get the real lexicon next to Larxene and use a Smash to KO once she's taken enough damage.

Larxene's smart enough not to let that happen, though, so odds are Zexion simply won't have the chance to get his setup going unless Larxene messes up somehow.

WINNER: LARXENE

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
DREAMCATCHA HUGO

You have to give me reason to believe such characters are viable when you introduce so many horribly crippling disadvantages at the very start, Kat. Kyubey was at least fairly self conscious of how crippled it was, while this set seems to be made under the context that all of the platoon members are Squirtle sized and have any weight. At all. With both LoL and DM dead, it’s amazing how little MYM cares about balance and have turned their brains off to not so much as bring the issue up with this set. I can sympathize with Yutaka’s characterization and random magical powers to a degree because there’s nothing to do with such a character, and Garbage Man is a set for a bloody garbage truck. This. . .A lot of this just seems so obvious to fix, and there’s certainly no lack of potential with how tacky you get and how it’s only a bloody Hugo set. Olimar was upsized for a reason, and you don’t take advantage of their tiny size in this set at all unlike other sets for tiny characters we’ve had.

All I’ve done so far is talk about weight, but it’s not like they have a whole lot to make up for it, even if they were buffed to be on par with Squirtle, with tons of filler and redundant/useless attacks. The private’s laser beam/“jealousy” ball and the corporal’s rockets seem good now, but they won’t once you take into account that’s where their list of usable attacks ends, with the corporal being especially useless due to his movement being so difficult to control. The sergeant in general has very very few remotely worthwhile attacks for actually harming enemies, so he relies on these two frogs (The only remotely worthwhile ones) extensively. Unfortunately, if the foe so much as knocks him into the air, he can’t command these two frogs whatsoever due to their commands being grounded inputs. There’s the tacky nair, which was made exclusively for this purpose, but even in that case that leaves the sergeant, the one who needs to be KO’d, horribly vulnerable.

Now, the ninja and scientist frogs? Completely and utterly useless. Even you admit the ninja is pointless. Even if you number crunched him to always be present, his sheer uncontrollability and how irrelevant he is to furthering the goals (AKA he doesn’t flow into anything whatsoever) of the platoon makes him in general a waste. The scientist, however, is even more useless, due to the sheer randomness of everything he does. Yes, some of the enchantments he can make on weapons are useful, if that random 1/8th chance doesn’t kill you before you test it on a root. Having the corporal go out of his way to make roots, though, is a pretty big waste when he’s one of a whole two actually useful frogs in the group – he should be doing more productive things than creating roots for the useless scientist. It’s rather a shame that the scientist is the only justification for the stupid gundams in the set to make them at all worthwhile, as the thing about him is even if you can find some sort of abstract use for him to make all of the busywork, wasted time, and luck worth it. . .You won’t get that far.

The scientist is the easiest of the group to kill, and that’s saying something. Not only does the scientist have absolutely no means of defending himself, he’s polite enough to go right to the edge of the stage to make himself even easier to KO, and he’s busy being light as a feather like everyone else. If knocked off-stage, he’ll mindlessly use his recovery to come back to the stage in the most direct route possible, which is destroyed in one hit. Even if the other frogs were actually –good-, they couldn’t defend this absolutely useless character given how easy it is to kill him. As is, the sergeant is useless and the attacks of the private and corporal are too long ranged to properly defend the scientist in time, much less when a whole two hits are all that’s needed to off him.

Now, the scientist being so weak is actually a pretty big thing, as the one thing the scientist actually does is give the frogs access to their recovery. So not only are we dealing with characters that make Jigglypuff look like a heavyweight, they have no recovery to boot. On top of that, the sergeant is supremely gimpable during this phase, because he’ll be too busy flailing about in place with nair to command the private and corporal to save his useless ass. Have I convinced anyone reading yet how much of a reworking this set needs?

With how much of a non factor the scientist and ninja are, the set really boils down to the Sergeant, the Private, and the Corporal – a pretty bad Hugo set, it’s more comparable to Iron Tail and his two pets posted earlier this contest than that genre. And between these three frogs, you’ll be struggling extensively to find much of any form of flow at all outside of incredibly standard fare Hugo interactions like the Sergeant doing a token throw of another frog at the foe – it makes the interactions in Team Pedestal look deep. A lot of the flow comes from overly tacky things the completely useless scientist does that needs to be scrapped and redone form the ground up.

CHAR THAT KAT HATES

Oogie Boogie is a very ambitious undertaking for a one day moveset, having some very cool mechanics with his bugs varying his size, the soup, and the traps/dice. He has enough methods of rigging the dice that I don’t really care about the initial luck presented, much like in Luxord. None the less, the set comes across very tacky for one, and there’s a disturbing lack of actual traps for a set that constantly prides itself on them – the fsmash and usmash are pretty much the only ones that work traditionally as traps, as far as ones counted by the dice anyway, while a lot of the other things that are counted as them don’t really fit the trap description that well. It’s more entertaining this way, but most of these other moves come across rather tacky, particularly with how many of the so-called “traps” are summoned by the aerials. I also think that the weight/size manipulation could flow better into the other half of his game with the traps, because as is they don’t feel that related. The set definitely feels like it could be fantastic if it were given more time, but you simply have to get back to those anime school girls ASAP, don’t you?

ARROW TO THE KNEE JOKE?

I was pleasantly surprised with Master Hand considering the fact it lacked throws and aerials was a turn off back when I first saw it (Apparently it is still the most recent moveset). His stage destruction playstyle is fairly interesting and flows better than you’d think while still being fairly open, with ways to move the whole stage and individual pieces. What separates this from the crowd is the pitfall trap and bombs you can contain within it that you can put in an individual block, then move around due to Master Hand’s terraforming nature to make it more than just a simple trap. Destroying the entirety of the stage itself is also a great option, or simply building up the stage to a point that you can easily gimp them. There is lots of room for variety in this terraforming set, although I also like how pretty much all of his attacks are those from the boss fight when used on foes, making him play exactly as you’d expect if you ignore the stage and making him very easily accessible to casual play. In addition, I also thought you did a great job of balancing him, given how much potential there was for this to go awry.

The complaints are indeed still relegated to the lack of throws and aerials. The aerials would have to be replaced with shield attacks, but the lack of throws is particularly jarring when you just have a grab in this set and think that a directional throw for no good reason is acceptable in this day and age. For the sake of giving the set some more actual criticism, the set feels more like a set for Crazy Hand than Master Hand, as Master Hand is more the god of Smash Bros while Crazy Hand is about destruction – you have Crazy Hand’s bombs in here and destroying the stage is a pretty big aspect of the moveset. . .That said, it’s rarely practical for Master Hand to destroy the entirey of the stage and he’s more just making room to place his bomb filled blocks most of the time, so I wouldn’t say it’s bad.

Junahu

Smash Ace
MYmini entry

Kanade Tachibana "Angel" Vs Larxene "The savage nymph"

A difficult match-up to process, both characters want to command a close range fight, but both have key things they can set up at range. As a close range specialist, Angel's goal is to get into Larxene's face pronto, before she gets pincered. Delay is key to that goal, as it not only interferes with where Larxene's portals will go, but will also mess with her homing style attacks. However, Larxene's lightning can very easily snipe out the afterimage no matter where it is, and then immediately follow on to striking at the newly revealed original. Planted blades can also be used to perform stage wide attacks, which at the very least will strike the afterimage, and more hopefully hit the original. It's unlikely Angel will be afforded the chance to choose which Handsonic to use, since a close range scrap is only a portal away for Larxene. Version 4 or 5 would probably be the best for this matchup, though Version 2 lets Angel play Larxene at her own poking game. Harmonics are equally tricky to employ, again because of the portals, which ensure that Larxene and Angel will always be next to one another, thus both equally valid targets to attack. That said, a team of duplicates could prove to be Larxene's downfall, but this completely hinges on how well Angel can abuse Delay. At the very least, Angel duplicates would make Larxene Duplicates an unsafe tactic..
Oogie Boogie Vs Billy Hatcher

Like absolutely any matchup involving Billy, things tend to centralise around targeting his egg, rather than him explicitly. His rolling egg can very quickly cordon off Oogie's die, which will then lead to snake eyes invariably. To Oogie's credit, he can simply ingest the smaller eggs, so he'll have plenty of time to get a good grip on the stage before Billy dares start using a decent sized oef. Soup on the floor is a very potent way of limiting Billy's egg manouvering, and latching bugs onto the egg itself can help with racking damage. But, so long as Billy still has his egg once Oogie takes any amount of flying knockback, Billy has won. He can smush the bugs en-mass, pitfall the Oogie bug (or oogie's body) to the egg's surface, and roll it off the stage. Er- that is assuming Oogie hasn't completely coated the stage in fences, soup and roulette wheels by then, in which case chalk one up to old Oogie.
Tempura Wizard Vs Kirby Enemy Team

Oh dear me, Hugo style sets don't really work when the enemy is sporting a OHKO playstyle. Mobility is not the greatest of KET's strengths. They can dodge yes, Kabu and Scarfy can be moved around a bit more specifically, and Nightmare Pull is always an option. But trying to keep 6 characters, no matter how small, away from the myraid deep frying explosions is a losing battle. Pairing Twizzy and Scarfy together will allow at least half the team to stay in the game (Twizzy, Scarfy, Kabu), and Sir slippy will likely stay out of trouble for a while, thanks to his powerful shield. A victory for the KET can be managed, barely, particularly if they punish the Tempura Wizard while he rushes to chomp on a newly turned compatriot. Still, this is quite unlikely.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Thus Ends the 13th Reign

Zexion's reading was admittedly held off for longer than I had planned- same could be said for the higher rung of Organization XIII- due to his grab getting edited and the appearance of later sets I'd have to read anyway. That and I know you were somewhat scrambling for a solid style for Zexion throughout his design and for what it's worth, outside of the sheer immensity of the potential in Zexion's mindgames and the overwhelming challenge of learning Zexion that may even rival Agiri, there isn't much bad I can claim about the set. What you've settled upon is a concept that I find ingenious- the fake damage that you can convert into actual damage with Pummel, swapping the real lexicon with that of your clones, the improved mind-game that still encourages Zexion's orgy of mindgames to bear fruit. Seriously, this is the Zexion set to end all Zexion sets. Well, it's also a very fine set on it's own.

Saix was skipped by accident. Well, it's also a part of the same crowd as Zexion in that "I wanted to wait for it to be pretty before reading." And it does share the same aesthetics as your other sets, which I find very easy on the eyes and entertaining to read regardless of set quality. That said, you really weren't kidding when you said you envisioned Saix as an Ike clone- of any set in this contest aside from Rhyperior and Lexaeus, this evokes the most feeling of raw power. The mere threat of letting Saix summon his moon and transition into his berserk mode is a threat greater than Dark Wesker. Only real problem I find is the benefits gained from an active moon is... well, relatively minor. Don't get me wrong, the damage boost alone is empowering as hell but it seems like he could use more from going into berserk mode. As is, it's still a very grounded set that does its job well.

Vexen is your best set of the movement. I don't know if it needs to be said, but this is also my opinion and I'm also aware how stressed out you were regarding the movement. One of my only complaints is how Vexen has one truly viable method of using his data, though I certainly cannot disagree with how game-changing the replica's introduction makes any game. I know it sounds like I'm encouraging a further emphasis of data into a meter mechanic, but at the moment it nearly sounds like it's holding back in that regard. Even his normals- this might just be me, though- seem to work very well in that theoretical situation. This is all simply retrospective, but the set as it is now works very well in revolving around the main mechanic. Only real problem I share with others is the lack of a real grab.

Lexaeus reads as a truly terrifying force to behold. Honestly, you've got a damn move that can potentially deal 42% damage. Other than Rhyperior, I don't think there's a set that almost made me crap myself out of fear after visualizing this moveset in action. That said, it doesn't simply ride on its shock and awe factor: the implementation of his control over earth is not made obtuse, but doesn't serve much more of a purpose than to act as a barrier/wall for Lex to bounce his opponents off of. One might argue this simplicity is in-character and fitting since Lex is more concerned about landing his overwhelmingly powerful normal attacks, specifically any of them, and that this simplicity could make him overpowered. His mobility is at least shoddy, but that doesn't really matter when he can goad the foe into moving close by powering up.

Xaldin is the last Prof set of this movement, one where I feel that the potential-to-delivery ratio favors potential. You foreshadowed some interesting concepts involving leaving your lances around the arena and nigh instantly teleporting to their position when necessary. Even more so that he can act as a combo character with his lances properly placed, though the sheer amount of lances could probably provide a lot of leniency. While I may have missed this, is it possible for Xaldin to have his lances perform attacks they're able to normally perform even when Xaldin has no lances? If not, then it makes abandoning his lances rather pointless since a variety of his normal attacks are better with as many lances he can hold as possible. You definitely had some sort of area control theme going with Xaldin but the pay-off is rather unfocused.

A fairly interesting experiment of a set that at least gives me an excuse to use an awful pun. Thanks Kibble~! As for the set itself, it's rather odd, though you acknowledge in the foreword that this is one of your atypical unsmash sets that derives more from the source material. As such, I'll analyze this more as a set on it's own, not necessarily as a set for SSBB: I don't like it all that much. It's playstyle in a nutshell is literally, "don't get hit". While I dislike making such broad generalizations, that's basically what Quote boils down to: taking 15% damage results in your current weapon getting downgraded, and it's difficult for him to level it back up since a majority of them are somewhat difficult to land considering how spread they are. And even then, there's not much to write home about about the weapons themselves except maybe the King Blade attacks, which I really believe have more potential than a lot of what else Quote's weapons offer.
Now buzz off, I'm watching Shadowloo Showdown.

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
Obligatory Mini Entry

Smot vs Professor Ratigan vs The Necromancer vs Doc Scratch

Right of the bat you're probably going to notice, everyone here has an intense as hell set up. And there's not enough room on the stage for the four of them, considering Smot, Ratigan, and Necromancer are all completely littering the stage with fairly large traps/minions. This actually makes them want to keep Scratch around, who normally struggles a fair bit in an FFA setting even with his grab game getting a boost, but now the other 3 all want him to expand the stage for them... and for them only. Scratch is going to have to pick his alliances here, and really the best choice is probably Ratigan, considering Necromancer isn't as effective at protecting you as you might hope(sure he can defend you with a zombie ring, but that won't save you from Smot or Ratigan flying over in a blimp and dropping traps on you), and unlike Smot he's not going to devastate you when it comes down to 1 vs 1. There are benefits to helping the other two though, Time Stop is actually very nice in conjunction with Scratch's projectiles and Smot will push you into the final two much easier if you're really ready to fight him, with how easily he can deal with Necromancer's zombies/Ratigan's traps by sliding them off the stage.

While Scratch's allegiance is pretty important in the match-up, it doesn't mean the other two can't possibly team up on them, or manage to get them out of said space expansion zone and take it for themself. In particular, if Smot and Scratch team up the other two are definitely going to do so because otherwise they have absolutely no shot at survival. Necromancer's lacking aerial capabilities, especially with regards to his stage control, are fixed a lot by the addition of Ratigan's blimp into the equation. While Smot and Scratch could potentially destroy said blimp, setting up some walls of energy projectile stopped in time can help with that. And aside from that, it's not neccessarily a team-up... Scratch can perfectly well use his grab on his "teammate" and teleport away, and then all he has to do is avoid them for 5 seconds on a hazard heavy and expanded stage and the whole match will swing wildly in your favor. Particularly, dumping them all off in the fly and leaving is nice since they all have so many ways of trapping each other there, someone is bound to get totally screwed over if Scratch Down Throws.

Now as for how the set-ups compete with each other... let's just say things don't look so pretty for anyone not named Smot. Smot's controllable slide is incredibly dangerous to the others with how easily it can wreck their positioning, whether it is Scratch positioning himself or Ratigan and Necromancer positioning their minions/traps, Smot's homunculi can constantly redesign their set-ups in very unadvantageous ways. This is particularly bad for Ratigan who can get caught in his own traps, and even if he goes up in his blimp Smot has plenty of ways to knock him down. As such, it's very likely that after a set-up boost from Scratch occurs, Smot may end up in a bit of a 3vs1 situation, considering everyone hates how he can wreck their game. He's not really designed to handle so much pressure, even from characters with sort of weak melee games(Ratigan aside, who can outdo Smot easily at close-range) the set-ups will also be causing him so trouble, even with his ability to manuever them around, especially if his homunculi are being destroyed. Disguising them will become rather necessary to him at points...

I've rambled for a bit, but the winner of this match-up really just comes down to politics, considering that Smot has such a huge target on his head. He'd win pretty easily if it weren't for the fact that the other 3 want him dead, while Scratch who would otherwise struggle against such characters due to them having arguably superior long term games (which is really saying something) is given some huge backstabbing opportunities as well as the others not really wanting to kill him for the extra space he provides. It will still end up being him or Smot that wins most of the time, largely because Ratigan and Necromancer are caught in an awkward middle ground situation, they don't have anything that separates them in this particular match-up, with Scratch being more important and Smot being more powerful albeit more pressure sensitive. They can win certainly, particularly if Smot goes down first, but the advantages the other two have are a bit more important in an FFA setting.

Toxenrail and Perches Poxtrot vs Luxord and Zexion

So the old leaders of the Organization want power back, but before they go and demand it from Xemnas they have to get through these chumps. Unfortunately, this isn't as easy as it sounds, partially because Iron Tail and Prospector don't work as well together as you might hope. Iron Tail wants to stall for damage to slowly build up while Prospector wants to gimp. At the very least, this gives Prospector actual reason to use his proper KO moves, and on top of that the box is a rather useful too for Iron Tail. Go ahead and try to get the eggs in there when Prospector can suicide or tech chase you like nobody's business in there. Besides that Prospector can of course hold onto an egg himself, or carry around the True Lexicon if Iron Tail manages to steal it. Speaking of which... that is probably going to be your highest priority this match, because without that thing the Organization's offense is going to be downright crippled. Zexion can still attack without it, but he loses all his ability to use his duplicates and Iron Tail can even turn them on him by using the book for himself.

Unfortunately, you kind of have to find the real Zexion for this to work, and with Luxord being able to obscure Zexion so easily and Zexion's mindgames and duplicates, that gets kind of difficult. Aside from that, the addition of the cards with portals allows Zexion to get around Prospector's camping game, simply letting him toss projectiles, real or fake, through portals at Prospector no matter what he's hiding behind. Aside from that, since Iron Tail's minions and Prospector are so melee based, they're going to have to go through Luxord's cards... which gets kind of ugly really, especially with Zexion and his duplicates protecting Luxord himself so his normally non-existant melee defense is at least functional. Having multiple characters who can flinch makes him rather easy to defend, especially considering attacking Zexion's duplicates can really backfire for the other two if they hit them at the wrong time. If Luxord starts getting some great card set-ups thanks to his triple explosive cards and portals, things are only going to get worse and worse for Prospector and Iron Tail.

Fortunately, the match isn't totally lost to them, for one particular reason. If Prospector can successfully knock Luxord through the stage, Luxord is pretty much immediately dead. There's not much he can do to save himself, nor does Zexion have any options to rescue him. While especially in multi-stock matches it's still a challenge to eliminate Luxord, but once he's gone this match-up because a total mess for Zexion as he desparately tries to avoid getting his true lexicon stolen and attempts to function against 2 characters without Luxord's portals and card defenses. And on that note, Montressor the bat can at least help bring Prospector to Luxord, possibly even spacing the clones away while Prospector attempts to take him down. Though, for all that Zexion still has his grab, which can pretty easily decomission Prospector, Iron Tail, or either of the two pets. It can even snare them through Prospector's box or Luxord's cards, and then he can just send them flying away, possibly on fire all the while. So actually getting to Luxord becomes even more bloody difficult. It's a very uphill battle for Iron Tail and Prospector, Luxord and Zexion simply co-operate much better on a whole.

GARBAGE DAY
(AKA Garbage Man vs. Captain Hook 1.0, Paper Man, and Black Puddle Queen)

Thought Garbage Man wasn't a 3vs1 boss? Well today he's going to prove himself by taking out some trash. This match-up is actually far from close, because most importantly Black Puddle Queen literally does not do anything. At all. None of her attacks even work on Garbage Man unless his windshield breaks, and even then, if she gets up on the windshield and SOMEHOW baits him into the pond, she has to fight him one on one. And still has to give him the bloody necklace. More or less the only thing she's good for is occasionally forcing him to move when his windshield's gone, and before that she is completely worthless. Paper Man pretty much functions as a Brawl character with a rather debilitating drawback here, considering Garbage Man can dump garbage all over his papers and make it very ugly for him to get them back. At the very least, Paper Man won't have too much trouble building huge damage on Garbage Man because he's got such a big hurtbox, but even then this is still pretty so-so considering that's pretty much his only attack that's effective against Garbage Man at all that doesn't dump papers everywhere.

That leaves Captain Hook, who is probably the best member of the team at fighting Garbage Man due to the fact that he doesn't really have anything gimping him in particular, aside from his terrible shield when shields aren't even that good against the Grabage Man to start with. Sure he's fairly weak and can't put Garbage Man into prone unless he hits his wheels, but he has some actual utility due to being able to pull Paper Man and Black Puddle Queen around with his rope. The presents are sadly hilariously ineffectual though largely due to Garbage Mans' projectiles, and his other spacing moves are a bit... worthless. Have you ever tried swordfighting a garbage truck? No? That's because you're not completely stupid. At least due to his terrible traction, you will at least sometimes get in some hits on Garbage Man with the presents, and Hook is pretty good at running away from him and cancelling out his projectiles with the pistol if necessary.

So the match-up comes down to Paper Man attempting to spam Down Smash on Garbage Man and Hook laying out presents and dragging Paper Man around, in the face of a constantly moving, enormous, damaging on contact character with a ridiculous degree of stage control and the inability to take hitstun at all. Black Puddle Queen is literally just another hurtbox he needs to kill, she basically does nothing. Notably, he can even use them as weapons against each other by compacting them into garbage cubes, isolating them from each other with firewalls, and on top of that with more foes trying to attack Garbage Man (especially considering Paper Man's best anti-Garbage Man move has a bloody suction effect) his Down Smash garbage bags are going to get broken open a fair bit more frequently, giving him an even larger quantity of garbage to work with if the team doesn't want to just try and cower in a corner when none of them are good at camping. Moral of the story, all 3 characters together don't really amount to enough to beat Garbage Man, since they're all kind of... garbage tier :smirk:

No offense intended Khold, Nate, and David (WARY)

Smady

Smash Master
MYmini Week #12: Living vicariously through match-ups

KARKAT VS VERGIL

This match-up will inevitably play largely around the interactions betwen Vergil and Karkat's personal ammunition: Vergil's orbs and Karkat's blood. What gives Karkat the edge from the beginning is how the blood naturally works against Vergil's combo-centric playstyle, as it slows him down, damaging the rushdown aspects of his playstyle. Of course, this isn't the only way Vergil can gain orbs, and the fact that under bleeding conditions he deals less knockback, actually can work into gaining more combos if Karkat is close-up, which most of his moves require. This is your atypical combo-er versus status effects-er, where it largely comes down to the effectiveness of each individual's arsenal on the other. In the end, Karkat's capabilities at stalling and the eventual goal of attaining God tier, are probably far more attainable than Vergil's goal of getting more orbs, and once Karkat does reach God tier - especially with Blood Pact on the go too - he'll be able to go toe-to-toe with Vergil even if he does accumulate plenty of orbs. The square-off when the two are early in the match, where Vergil is building up his ammo bank and Karkat is trying to get some hits off, may result in an early lead for Vergil, but Karkat has plenty of ways to get in the first hit and from there, Vergil's entire playstyle starts to break apart little by little.

XEMNAS VS GARDEVOIR

Xemnas' Nothingness versus Gardevoir's Screens... the big thing here is, Gardevoir's screens can still absorb damage whilst in the Nothingness, presumably, they just can't deal to Xemnas while he's in there. This largely results in a camping match, whereby Xemnas stays in his Nothingness attempting to camp out for an opportunity wherein he can poke Gardevoir from over her screens or come out of his Nothingness and not be in immediate danger. Xemnas' projectiles certainly do not work for him in this match-up either, as Gardevoir can strategically place her screens around the place to absorb them and when the opportunity arises, use them to destroy Xemnas. Gardevoir is hurt more by Nothingness than most - moreso than Xemnas is by his projectiles being absorbed by the screens, as any competent Xemnas can just throw up a Nothingness whenever a powerful projectile is heading his way, forcing more tactical placement. Gardevoir will probably have to be playing smarter than the Xemnas here, and pepper him with shots until he's so weak that you no longer have to rely on your stronger projectiles. Where Xemnas really gets the upper hand, though, is in his KO mechanic, which aids him tremendously in drawn out brawls like this, putting the crucial impetus on Gardevoir to be aggressive, whilst also doing some elaborate set-up.

MASTER HAND VS MMX6 GAMEBOX

The latest set in the thread versus one no one apart from me remembers fondly at all, and it's a more sparse connection between these two and the others. Basically, MMX6 Gamebox's minions drop an item that needs to be picked up to permanently destroy them, and Master Hand picks them up, as a giant hand. Master Hand's unique style of terraforming isn't too great here, as cluttering up the stage only makes the minions and their drops more difficult to deal with unless MMX6 Gamebox starts making them in a disadvantageous way. Master Hand is the literal upper hand here, having far greater aerial capabilities than the Box could hope to muster. But what the Box lacks for in conventional pressure in the air, it more than makes up for in wacky attacks that have illogical hitboxes, making him the better camper of the two. The straightforwardness of many of Master Hand's projectiles too, don't help him at all when Gamebox can flood the stage with his minions and cover his front with them. In this likely scenario, the awkward, jarring animations natural to Master Hand also work against him, as he has to basically trudge through the mud due to his more jilted, horizontal movement to get to the Gamebox. Ignoring the core mechanics of either and with Master Hand successfully getting up to the Gamebox, it would be a far closer match, though this would absorb time away from any terraforming Master Hand could do.​

Lucidthought

Banned via Warnings
:bee:

The Junker Bot

The "Super Ultra Great Mega Trashy Monster Junker Bot" is one of the last bosses fought in Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. He is found in a pile of garbage and activated by Midbus to fight the Mario Bros. His attacks consist of the following: summoning cans, putting buckets on the brothers heads, and sometimes hiding Luigi in his cans. After being defeated he releases Bowser and opens a pipe leading to his stomach in a rampage.

Specials
:bbutton:
Down Special
The Junker Bot opens his top and a small blue garbage can pops out to his right. It is the size of Olimar and has 15 HP. It begins running towards the enemy at Mario's speed when it appears. If they get hit while it is running, they will take 8 damage. Junker Bot can only put out 6 per stock and they will all die when he does. Junker Bot can tell the garbage can to do things with certain attacks and can put things in it.

When a foe is a small distance over the garbage can, it will jump up and stuff the foe in the can. The foe has to press a random combination of 5 buttons that appears over the garbage can to get out. The garbage can begins running towards the Junker Bot when it has a foe and will stand next to him once it gets there. The foe can be hit while they are in the garbage can.

Neutral Special

The Junker Bot holds it's hand out at the foe and it starts to suck them in. This is like Dedede's inhale, but has a longer range. If it gets the enemy, they are stuck to his hand like Luigi and they can escape like with a grab. Junker Bot can walk around and attack with them attached, any attack with his hand will cause them to be knocked off and take that attack.

The Junker Bot can send them towards garbage cans, and can even do this to garbage cans to send them towards foes like Waddle Dees. It won't deal damage to them though.

Up Special
The Junker Bot's feet turn into flames and he is able to fly around like Pit for 4 seconds. He is able to attack but that will cancel the recovery, he has a big weight so he doesn't need to attack while he is flying. You can still use neutral special so he can pick up enemy and garbage cans.

Side Special
The Junker Bot makes a large ball of metal scrap that is bigger based on how long you charge. It can be from the size of Kirby to the size of a Smart Bomb blast. Though it will get very slow if it is that big. If it hits the enemy it will deal 5 damage if it is small, or up to 18 damage if it is big! The foe can stand on it so if they can jump over it they will be safe. But if they're in the air, the garbage cans can get them.

Normals
:abutton:
Jab
The Junker Bot points forward with his hand like the neutral special and releases a gust of air that blows people away like Whispy Woods. This will do no damage but is one of your best ways of shoving foes from neutral special away. You can blow garbage cans away with this too, which lets you push them towards enemies.

Forward Tilt
The Junker Bot takes out a small piece of garbage and hurls it forward as an item. This deals 6 damage to the foes it hits. Enemies can pick it up and throw it after it lands on the ground, though. If garbage cans get the garbage they will store it inside of them. If enemies get in the garbage can when there is garbage they will take the damage from it.

Up Tilt
The Junker Bot does a jig in place, giving 5 damage if it hits someone. This also causes all your garbage cans to stop and do the jig with you, dealing 5 damage also but also stopping them from running towards the foe to be unpredictable.

Down Tilt
The Junker Bot rolls forward, giving 4 damage and can push some people forward. Pushing them into your scrap metal and garbage cans? That's just being a meanie!

Dash Attack
The Junker Bot leans forward and opens his top before closing it a few seconds later. If he gets an enemy or a garbage can, he will put them inside of himself. He can walk around with an enemy before they automatically jump out a second later. But he can also use this to hold garbage cans forever...every garbage can you took will pop out in your down special with the other ones. You can summon a bunch at once! They will still be hurt if they were hurt outside though

Throws
:zbutton:
Up Throw
The Junker Bot grabs onto the foe and can fly around with them for a few seconds with the enemy. This lets him drop them above garbage cans or offstage. He will go helpless if the foe gets out while he is offstage though.

Back Throw
The Junker Bot shoots the enemy backwards before launching a piece of garbage at them, dealing 6 damage. The garbage can be picked up and thrown like the forward tilt.

Forward Throw
The Junker Bot puts a bucket on the enemy's head and kicks them away, giving them 4 damage. The bucket will randomize the controls and input random actions at certain points for a few seconds. They can try running left and end up running right, try to attack but jump instead, try to attack and move to the right...you get the idea?

Down Throw
The Junker Bot stomps on the foe like a little kid. This launches them upwards! 7 damage.

Smashes
:cstick5:
Up Smash
The Junker Bot summons a Thwomp that hovers in the sky for a few seconds. The Thwomp will fall on an enemy who goes under it, dealing 7-15 damage. You can put this in the air to limit the areas an enemy goes if you want them to die from your scrap metal.

Forward Smash
The Junker Bot hits the enemy on the head, dealing 3-12 damage and giving them a dizzy effect like in the Paper Mario games. If they try to hit you, their attack may end up missing you completely. They will also have the button combinations in the garbage cans randomized every few seconds, making it harder to escape.

Down Smash
The Junker Bot runs a long distance, very angry. This deals 8-17 damage if it hits enemies and will knock them into the air. This is very helpful if you have a lot of stuff on stage and you want to overwhelm your enemies.

Aerials
:abutton:
Neutral Aerial
The Junker Bot contracts its arms and legs and spins around for a little bit, this deals 4 damage and can shield it from attacks for a short while. it will malfunction if used too much.

Back Aerial
The Junker Bot kicks behind itself, dealing 5 damage and knocking the enemy a small distance away... This is actually quite useful if you get them offstage using your very good recovery especially if a garbage can is in the spot you are knocking them towards.

Forward Aerial
The Junker Bot slams his "hands" down in front of himself...a lot like Mario's. This deals 8 damage and gimps enemies downwards if they get hit. The goal here is to knock enemies downwards of course....the hitbox here isn't as easy to use as the down aerials. but unlike that, this is a guaranteed gimp.

Up Aerial
The Junker Bot flies upwards a bit, giving 12 damage to anyone above him. This is very strong and gets people off the top of the screen a lot so enemies shouldn't try to get above The Junker Bot!

Down Aerial
The Junker Bot blows some wind downwards using his hand. This pushes enemies down no matter what, even if they are using their up special. You can use this to stop enemies trying to get back on stage and you can also push people towards cans with this.

Final Smash
:bbutton:​
The Junker Bot makes giant wave of garbage appear from the side of the stage! Random garbage and Mario enemies come off of it and fall towards enemies to deal huge damage! This is a very short final smash though and it can be easily avoided if the foe jumps high enough, but it is better than Mario's final smash.

Playstyle
The Junker Bot likes having his garbage cans around. He can stuff garbage into them to make them deal extra damage when the enemy gets in there, he can knock them around with people inside to sacrifice them, he can even use them to hold the foe down while he gets items or the Smash Ball!

People who try to fly like a Sparrow above him are bound to pay because he has a lot of ways to deal with people in the air. He can use his up air to kill them and use his side special to force them up there in the first place. The Junker Bot is a very quirky character, but he's a fun one! :cool:
Extras

Up Taunt
The Junker Bot finds a piece of trash and the ground and throws it inside of its top.

Side Taunt
The Junker Bot crosses its arms and shakes its head.

Down Taunt
the junker bots face turns red and steam comes out

Victory Pose 1
The Junker Bot dances a jig with the garbage cans as backup! :bee:

Victory Pose 2
The Junker Bot says something in robot gibberish.

Victory Pose 3
The Junker Bot rolls around like its on fire.

hope i did alright :)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
GARBAGE MAN VS. KERORO PLATOON – 100/0

Garbage Man goes over to the edge and runs over Kululu, then blocks him from recovering with his solid status. From there, he can cover the other frogs in garbage to separate them, particularly Giroro who is very unresponsive to Keroro’s commands, if he doesn’t just want to skip to obliterating them immediately. Once Kululu is casually killed, you can simply pressure the other 3 frogs along the stage with the flamethrower as they have no hope of recovering.

BLACK PUDDLE QUEEN VS. KERORO PLATOON – 100/0

It is easy enough to use the queen’s Side Special to lure Kululu and Giroro off the edge to their deaths, especially the former, although that’s not even that needed when she can bring any of the four frogs down separately with her puddle and destroy them utterly individually there. It’s very possible for the queen to win without going to her alternate realm at all, though, simply through extremely liberal use of that Side Special. Aside from killing Kululu and Giroro pathetically easily, the fact that it overwrites Tamama’s normal movement of following Keroro makes even Tamama, the undoubtedly best of the frogs, border on useless. Keroro with no other frogs and the Queen without her puddle is fairly close, if in the Queen’s favor, but said puddle does exist.

DEMYX VS. KERORO PLATOON – 100/0

Tamama, the only truly competent member of the group despite being the supposed butt-monkey, is invaluable here. His jealously ball and laser beam can go through multiple foes and do enough damage to kill Demyx’s water clones in a single blow, and Keroro’s bomb can be of some use against them given their stupid AI. Giroro’s rockets can also be of some help, although Giroro is in general very difficult to make proper use of due to him wandering about due to there being so many various objects for him to attack in this MU – Giroro functions more like the ninja who will blatantly not show up in this match-up, his f-smash being near useless with how it will home in on a single clone, giving him the single predictable move of usmash spam considering his dsmash is in general terrible.

But Demyx can’t KO the frogs all that well without his KO mechanic, right? Demyx can just push the useless Kululu off the stage with one of his many water pushing foes before offing him for good when he tries to use his stupid helicopter. From there, Demyx’s water pushing moves make very short work of the overly distracted Giroro, and Tamama won’t be able to save the frail Keroro by himself. Simply spamming these moves to push Keroro off-stage is quite easy to make it too difficult for him to recover – it’s so easy that killing Giroro is more of an optional part of this, as he’s very easy to ignore if you keep summoning water clones for the sole purpose of distracting him. With Keroro constantly having to make his way back to the stage if he doesn’t just die, the KO mechanic will kill them if the gimping doesn’t with that ominous 12 second timer.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
[COLLAPSE="The Junker Bot"]Why hello there Lucidthought, and welcome to the Make Your Move Thread. An interesting character choice of sorts, if one that serves to pay more tribute to the Boss Gameplay over Smash Implementation - this much is obvious to me at the start of the set (lol, poor Weegee). On this subject, having to use actual button combinations to escape from the garbage cans would be somewhat imposing to the rules in actual Smash when players are used to random button mashing to escape from grabs, so while it's a tribute to the game it may be going a little too far in that aspect despite being an interesting way to mess with your opponent when they'll be used to button-mashing from your Neutral Special and grab.

That aside however, I must say that for all that is expectantly simplistic about the set it has a surprisingly impressive playstyle, a very good self-aware one with some fairly good interactions, such as tossing garbage into your garbage cans to damage enemies when they get knocked inside them and sucking at that garbage can to bring it towards you to make the foe escape from two grabs with different methods for each one. The Side Special garbage ball, despite how scarily large it is, seems interesting enough to warrant you being able to blow it back and forth with your Neutral Special and Standard inputs to force enemies into the air and at your minions, to which I presume they won't be run over by the ball. Perhaps it would've been good to implement a way to summon more garbage cans throughout the match instead of being stuck with just 6, though I assume this was done to pay tribute to the actual boss fight in which he's stuck in the same situation and it actually means the player has to be careful not to just mindlessly use up all their garbage cans since they're not all the strong...which is kinda why you have yourself and all those traps to use.

With that last paragraph, this is a surprisingly good and self-aware set, and the quirks with the writing and emoticons indicate that you had quite a lot of fun making the set. (which is good because Make Your Move is in a time where it needs some) You did quite fine, surprisingly well for what would be expected of a newcomer, and so if you're had this much of a blast making a set that surely means you should come back and do another again! We'd love to have you around. [/COLLAPSE]

Lucidthought

Banned via Warnings
[COLLAPSE="The Junker Bot"]Why hello there Lucidthought, and welcome to the Make Your Move Thread. An interesting character choice of sorts, if one that serves to pay more tribute to the Boss Gameplay over Smash Implementation - this much is obvious to me at the start of the set (lol, poor Weegee). On this subject, having to use actual button combinations to escape from the garbage cans would be somewhat imposing to the rules in actual Smash when players are used to random button mashing to escape from grabs, so while it's a tribute to the game it may be going a little too far in that aspect despite being an interesting way to mess with your opponent when they'll be used to button-mashing from your Neutral Special and grab.

That aside however, I must say that for all that is expectantly simplistic about the set it has a surprisingly impressive playstyle, a very good self-aware one with some fairly good interactions, such as tossing garbage into your garbage cans to damage enemies when they get knocked inside them and sucking at that garbage can to bring it towards you to make the foe escape from two grabs with different methods for each one. The Side Special garbage ball, despite how scarily large it is, seems interesting enough to warrant you being able to blow it back and forth with your Neutral Special and Standard inputs to force enemies into the air and at your minions, to which I presume they won't be run over by the ball. Perhaps it would've been good to implement a way to summon more garbage cans throughout the match instead of being stuck with just 6, though I assume this was done to pay tribute to the actual boss fight in which he's stuck in the same situation and it actually means the player has to be careful not to just mindlessly use up all their garbage cans since they're not all the strong...which is kinda why you have yourself and all those traps to use.

With that last paragraph, this is a surprisingly good and self-aware set, and the quirks with the writing and emoticons indicate that you had quite a lot of fun making the set. (which is good because Make Your Move is in a time where it needs some) You did quite fine, surprisingly well for what would be expected of a newcomer, and so if you're had this much of a blast making a set that surely means you should come back and do another again! We'd love to have you around. [/COLLAPSE]
Thanks. :bee:

PostmortemMessiah

Smash Cadet
School can really keep me busy. Oh well. I've got a set coming up soon, and hopefully you guys will like it. At least a little bit.

n88

Smash Lord
No offense intended Khold, Nate, and David (WARY)
Though your method is easier, I would heartily recommend not being offensive rather than just tacking "no offense" on to the end of things. It does wonders for your PR.

School can really keep me busy. Oh well. I've got a set coming up soon, and hopefully you guys will like it. At least a little bit.
Oh, excellent. I thought we scared you off after the first one. Nice to see you're still at it.

Also, I see we have another newcomer. Howdy, Lucidthought! You've done a pretty nice job with Junker Bot - he's a solid start to a MYMing career. Junker's actually a character I myself was considering for quite some time - I don't think I was ever going to get around to him, though, so it's cool to see someone else take a shot. There are some really nice creative touches in here (I'm a big fan of your treatment of the cans) - it's clear that you wanted to make Junker feel like his own unique character, and you craft a pretty solid playstyle for Junker revolving around cluttering up the stage with cans, garbage, and Thwomps. Absolutely perfect for the character, and very representative of the boss fight from BIS.

I do have a couple complaints - I'm not really sold on the Bob-Omb throw, which feels a little out of place on the character, especially with the direction you've taken him in. And you seem to be missing a Forward Aerial; might want to throw one in there before more people start griping about it. Good luck with any future MYMing projects you should decide to take up! (and I do hope you will decide to take some up)

PostmortemMessiah

Smash Cadet
After a good pep-talk, let's see if I can redeem myself. :)

THE GROX EMPIRE

“Being useful to the Grox is good for your survival.”

Stats

Size: About as tall as Falco.
Weight: About as heavy as ROB.
Speed: About as fast as Falco.
Power: Strong like ROB! Woo!

A thing to note about the Grox Empire is that they have two types of attacks that will give an opponent two different types of points.

Opponents fighting the Grox will start in the middle at Yellow, or NEUTRAL. The Grox can then change this for varying effects on opponents' interactions.

If the Grox use SOCIAL attacks, they will recieve GREEN POINTS and their opponent will become "friendlier" to them. At five points, the opponent is blue or FRIENDLY. They are less effective at attacking the GROX, doing less damage and having more startup or end lag when attacking them. At fifteen points, the opponent is green or an ALLY. Opponents who are ALLIES are much less able to hurt the Grox, doing 50% damage and unable to hurt them with projectiles. They will also taunt when attempting to grapple the Grox, instead of actually grabbing them.

If the Grox use AGGRESSIVE attacks, they will recieve RED POINTS and their opponent will become "angrier" at them. At five points, the opponent is orange or IRRITATED. They are more effective at attacking the GROX, doing more damage and having shorter startup and end lag when attacking them. At fifteen points, the opponent is red or an ENEMY. Opponents who are ENEMIES are way more able to hurt the Grox, doing 200% damage. Once an opponent is made an ENEMY of the Grox, they can never be brought back down to ORANGE or lower. So beware! At this stage, the opponent will sometimes disregard control inputs when the Grox are nearby in an attempt to viciously attack them. Sometimes this can help, but it can also leave them open.

In order to use the Grox effectively, they will have to keep tabs on their opponents and keep them from becoming ENEMIES by attacking them, but occasionally breaking it up with "SOCIAL" techniques and avoiding their opponents to weaken them. Each action will result in one point either way.

Things that can give GREEN POINTS: Not edge guarding the opponent, using SOCIAL techniques, your teammate socializing with the opponents, attacking OTHER opponents not on their team
Things that can give RED POINTS: Edge guarding the opponent, attacking the opponents, your teammate attacking the opponents, being indirectly or directly responsible for loss of stock

B Attacks
“The Grox are machines with absolutely no sense of humor! They destroy entire races and never offer an explanation of what it is that ticks them off!”

Neutral Special ~ Social Sing
The Grox will sing, making something of a heal barrier around them that acts somewhat like the PSI magnet. The barrier lasts half a second. Opponents who attack the barrier will get a green point for every attack.

Side Special ~ Grox Grumbler

The Grox will jump into the air as the GROX GRUMBLER appears behind him and rams forward across the stage. The Grumbler will deal 18% on impact, but is easy to dodge or avoid when it appears. It moves at Wario's motorcycle's speed, and ten seconds must pass between each use. This move gives red points.

The move can be used in water, which will summon the OCEANIC GROX instead. The Oceanic Grox will function as a platform instead of a projectile weapon. However, if a non-Grox opponent stands on the boat, it will barrel roll and knock them into the air for 12% damage. This hit will also give red points.

Up Special ~ GROXOPLANE

The Grox calls in a GROXOPLANE. If the Grox uses it in the air, it will appear below them and will act as a platform they can use to get back to the platform. If they use it on the ground, they will fly over the stage and drop three bombs on the stage on the left side, right side, and in the middle. The bombs deal 10% damage and will give red points. If the plane is destroyed by taking 15% damage, a new one will not be able to appear for ten seconds.

Down Special ~ Social Dance
The Grox will break out in some mad moves that will cause opponents nearby to be stunned without dealing damage. The animation goes on for about two seconds, and the stun lasts for anywhere from 2.5 to 2 seconds depending on how far away the opponent is. This move gives green points when used!

A Attacks
“The Grox are a machine race that have blockaded the center of the galaxy. They are extremely dangerous. We have not managed to establish a working relationship with them.”

Jab ~ Pistolwhip
The Grox smacks his opponent with his laser pistol, dealing 3% damage and no knockback. This move does not give red points unless the opponent is restrained when it is used.

Weak Side A ~ Strike
The Grox pulls back and punches the opponent, dealing 7% damage and minor knockback. This move will leave opponents vulnerable for roughly a second after use and will give red points when used.

Weak Up A ~ Knee
The Grox knees the opponent hard in the stomach, stunning them. If the opponent is neutral, this will not give red points unless it is used at a rate higher than once per two seconds.

Weak Down A ~ Riot Stick
The Grox will point in a direction to distract the opponent briefly, and smack them in the shins with a riot stick, causing them to fall to the ground. This move will catch opponents off guard if they are FRIENDLY or ALLIES, but will give red points otherwise. If they are ANNOYED or ENEMIES, they will not fall for the diversion, making this attack dangerous to simply use on angry opponents.

C Stick Attacks
"Whatever you do, don't upset the Grox, whether you're allied or not..."

Up Smash Attack ~ Social Howl
The Grox will let out a howl that will very briefly stun nearby opponents and give green points. However, the ending lag of one second can leave them vulnerable if they are too far away or the opponent is an ENEMY.

Side Smash Attack ~ Sprint
The Grox will run toward the opponent, then stop. This move will move the Grox about Bowser's width. If it misses, the Grox will slide to a stop and be vulnerable for half a second. If they hit someone, they will latch on and bite them for 10% damage and red points. The move can go farther if charged longer.

Down Smash Attack ~ Growl
The Grox will inhale deeply for a quarter second and let out a growl. If an opponent is within the short reach of this attack, they will be briefly stunned and will gain two points. The type of points given will be whatever moves the opponent back into the "neutral yellow" zone.

Aerial Attacks
“The Grox are the ultimate evil in the galaxy. They are machines that exist entirely outside of nature.”

Neutral Aerial ~ Atmosphere Pack
The Grox activates their atmosphere pack, causing their aerials to alter the atmosphere of the level.

Upward Aerial ~ Cloud Punch
The Grox attempts to uppercut the opponent in the air for 7%. When the atmosphere pack is on, this move will increase the atmosphere level and increase gravity after a stage-wide downward draft of air. The uppercut will give red points. Walk-off stages will end up becoming slightly flooded, and fire attacks will become ineffective.

Downward Aerial ~ Drought Plunge
The Grox does a meteor-smash punch downward toward the stage. When they contact the stage, opponents that are close to the Grox on either side will flinch. The attack will deal 10% and will bury opponents. If the atmosphere pack is on, the atmosphere level will lower across the stage in an updraft of air. Gravity will be lowered, water attacks will become ineffective. The physical attack will give red points.

Forward Aerial ~ Heat Shot
The Grox fires their pistol a short distance ahead of them for 8% damage, giving red points. If the atmosphere pack is on, this will increase the temperature and make fire attacks more powerful. It will also make explosions larger, and make ice attacks ineffective.

Backward Aerial ~ Glacial Claw
The Grox attempts to uppercut the opponent behind them with their mechanical arm for 9% damage and red points if it hits. If the atmosphere pack is on, the temperature will drop, lowering speed. Water attacks will make a layer of ice on the stage which will cause opponents (and the Grox) to slip on it if not cautious.

Grabs
"They are feared by every alien with a philosophy and an archetype. The Grox control a vast empire with 2400 star systems and inhabit anywhere near the Galactic Core."

Pummel
A second Grox will appear and hold the opponent in a grab, letting the player-controlled Grox attack them or socialize with them freely for a brief period. The CPU Grox can be commanded by flicking the C stick, but cannot initiate a pummel chain.

Upward Throw ~ Chunker
The Grox holding the opponent will throw them into the air and shoot them with their laser pistol, dealing 13% damage and giving 3 red points.

Downward Throw ~ Sleeper
The Grox holding the opponent will hit the opponent for 1%, and cause them to fall asleep. This move will not give points.

Forward Throw ~ Gift Giver
The Grox holding the opponent will release them and give them a gift of food, healing them for 10% damage. This will also give five green points.

Backward Throw ~ Carried Away
The Grox holding the opponent will either give the opponent to a CPU-controlled grox, or will themselves take the opponent, depending on if the player or the CPU is holding them, and carry them toward the nearest ledge in an attempt to suicide off the ledge. The Grox will not run with the opponents, moving just slower than Donkey Kong when he does the same thing. This move only gives red points when it kills the opponent.

Final Smash ~ Anti-Terraform
"Unlike most land creatures, Grox are intolerant of conditions survivable to other life forms. As such, they can only survive on T0 planets. If a planet's terrascore is raised, the planet cannot be inhabited by Grox unless anti-terraformed."

A Grox Space vessel will fly over the stage and drop a massive generator that will do one or two of four things: Raise/lower the temperature, and raise/lower the atmosphere. These events will go on until the arena is "inhospitable to life forms" and will deal constant damage to opponents for up to 50% damage. This also locks the opponent at a sixth point value for the rest of their stock, which is SCARED orange. It weakens the opponent as if they were FRIENDLY, without this actually being the case. When scared orange, the opponent can not be forced into the orange or red zones until they die and respawn.

Let's see how it goes. I tried to make it look nicer too, but I dunno. Maybe it just looks weird now. Fingers crossed!

Junahu

Smash Ace
New MYmini

MYmini Week #13
Haute Couture

[6th May-12th May]
Now this is a mini for those guys who like posting screen stretching images in the thread. Design an Alternate Costume/Color for one of your own movesets, and another for someone else's moveset. Then create an Event involving those two characters wearing those two costumes. For the Alt costumes, you can use images, drawings, terrible photoshops, or simply describe what the costume would look like.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
[COLLAPSE="The Grox Empire"]Nice to see you making another set (though you really don't need to feel you need to "redeem" yourself unless you feel the need to improve from before). I thought that these characters were from Rachet and Clank but found out they were actually from Spore from checking the image URL - you probably expect the reader to know who the character is but it's best to assume that they don't, to which a quick lowdown on the backstory is idea for obtaining their interest. You do have images and quotes however, which is most certainly nice.

I know nothing of Spore, but the mechanic presented at the start of the match instantly tells me about a mechanic from the game, in which it seems to revolve around friendship. This is rather strange for the characterization, for both the Grox itself and the opponent, especially when you're able to manipulate them in rather odd ways for a fighting game...I don't want to be harsh on you or anything, but I particularly dislike these kinds of moves that force these kinds of feelings onto the enemy without any regard for who they are or simply making them look like something they aren't. Very humiliating to imagine, and a little forced in feel. It doesn't necessarily help that the Grox are characterized as killing machines that "assimilate" or control yet want to befriend their opponents, which in itself is self-contradictory - you'll get that kind of thing when you try to implement the likes of healing or friendship onto your opponent, which is a good lesson to take in for the future.

Some of the moves, mostly the Aerials, are improved from your last set, if most of them simply serve to play off the mechanic and tend to force characterization on the enemy or be situational...granted, some of these point moves are bonuses of the moves and in a way it does present a fairly interesting playstyle in which you have to be careful with your relationship with the enemy or else you'll end up paying the price. It's not very fitting for the Grox however given they're supposed to be a super-evil machine group with no sense of humor, and really they shouldn't have to negotiate with enemies, only outright destroy or force them to serve them.

The presentation is better than before and is rather promising, especially with the Aerial Attacks, though I do find the characterization and mechanic to be rather out-of-whack to be fairly implemented into the game or to even imagine in the first place. That said, having mechanics in a set isn't a bad thing - they can be quite fun, but generally need to be implemented in a way that's not intrusive to the enemy's characterization or unfitting to the character who's using it, as sometimes a mechanic can benefit a character if done well. I won't say this is an improvement from your last set, but that doesn't mean it's worse. It helps that you've taken another shot at this.

You were probably trying to go for something more broad than your last set in order to improve, but don't be discouraged. Going through different grounds in movesetting can help you improve, and who knows, you might be able to make something of a simplistic set similar to your last one. Of course, most of it comes with the character in question you're trying to make the set for.[/COLLAPSE]

PostmortemMessiah

Smash Cadet
[COLLAPSE="The Grox Empire"]Nice to see you making another set (though you really don't need to feel you need to "redeem" yourself unless you feel the need to improve from before). I thought that these characters were from Rachet and Clank but found out they were actually from Spore from checking the image URL - you probably expect the reader to know who the character is but it's best to assume that they don't, to which a quick lowdown on the backstory is idea for obtaining their interest. You do have images and quotes however, which is most certainly nice.

I know nothing of Spore, but the mechanic presented at the start of the match instantly tells me about a mechanic from the game, in which it seems to revolve around friendship. This is rather strange for the characterization, for both the Grox itself and the opponent, especially when you're able to manipulate them in rather odd ways for a fighting game...I don't want to be harsh on you or anything, but I particularly dislike these kinds of moves that force these kinds of feelings onto the enemy without any regard for who they are or simply making them look like something they aren't. Very humiliating to imagine, and a little forced in feel. It doesn't necessarily help that the Grox are characterized as killing machines that "assimilate" or control yet want to befriend their opponents, which in itself is self-contradictory - you'll get that kind of thing when you try to implement the likes of healing or friendship onto your opponent, which is a good lesson to take in for the future.

Some of the moves, mostly the Aerials, are improved from your last set, if most of them simply serve to play off the mechanic and tend to force characterization on the enemy or be situational...granted, some of these point moves are bonuses of the moves and in a way it does present a fairly interesting playstyle in which you have to be careful with your relationship with the enemy or else you'll end up paying the price. It's not very fitting for the Grox however given they're supposed to be a super-evil machine group with no sense of humor, and really they shouldn't have to negotiate with enemies, only outright destroy or force them to serve them.

The presentation is better than before and is rather promising, especially with the Aerial Attacks, though I do find the characterization and mechanic to be rather out-of-whack to be fairly implemented into the game or to even imagine in the first place. That said, having mechanics in a set isn't a bad thing - they can be quite fun, but generally need to be implemented in a way that's not intrusive to the enemy's characterization or unfitting to the character who's using it, as sometimes a mechanic can benefit a character if done well. I won't say this is an improvement from your last set, but that doesn't mean it's worse. It helps that you've taken another shot at this.

You were probably trying to go for something more broad than your last set in order to improve, but don't be discouraged. Going through different grounds in movesetting can help you improve, and who knows, you might be able to make something of a simplistic set similar to your last one. Of course, most of it comes with the character in question you're trying to make the set for.[/COLLAPSE]
I guess I had self-justified that they would be doing this kind of decietful friend-making to make the opponent easier to kill, not to actually be their friend. But yeah I can see why it would be an issue. I'll keep these things in mind whenever I get around to another set. Thanks for feedback!

Smash Apprentice
JUNKER BOT

Okay, so we've had Dark Bowser, Fawful, and now the Junker Bot. All we're missing is Midbus (unless of course I missed seeing him, which is possible).

As for the set itself, it's fairly simple, but also pretty efficient. This definitely feels like the character, especially with the stuff you can do with those trash cans. The antiair capabilities are rather interesting.

This does feel a little sparce, though, although I can't pinpoint exactly how. Additionally, the fact that the garbage cans can only get foes above them makes them rather limited, and since the moveset revolves around said cans, that necessarily limits the set. Overall, though, this is a pretty good set. It just feels a little empty for some reason. But on the other hand, maybe I'm just used to seeing large paragraphs on everything (if you've seen Agiri on the first page, you know what I'm talking about XD). Nonetheless, I second Kat in saying good job and welcome to MYM!

Now I want to see this guy go up against Warlord's Garbage Truck!

THE GROX EMPIRE

I'm sorry to have to give a negative review on this one, but... it just doesn't make sense. The fact that you want them friendly to decrease their damage directly contradicts the more conventional wisdom of simply attacking them. Even weirder is the attack moves which give green points; let's hit them to make them... friendlier? It just defies logic, even moreso than Brawl normally does. To top all of this, the Grox are depicted via the flavor text as being merciless conquerers... so why should they care about who's friendly to them and who isn't?

Again, I'm sorry, but the central mechanic of this set just doesn't work. I do like the aerials, however, and their various effects. Consider those the set's redeeming qualities.

...and now I realize that Kat pretty much said it all already. Kat's a ninja! XD

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
MYmini Week #11: Rool’s worst nightmare:
1) Mr Mime Extras by SmashDaddy (5 votes)
2) Homura’s Extras by ForwardArrow (4 votes)
3) Agiri’s Extras lol by Katapultar (3 votes)
Wyald/Tower of Conviction by MasterWarlord (2 votes)
Iron Tail’s Lair/Madame Esmerelda by Davidreamcatcha (2 votes)
Battle Frontier Gate Battle/Jynx by DarthMeanie (1 vote)
Quote’s Extras by SirKibble (1 vote)
Night’s End Sorcerer Extras by FrozenRoy (1 vote)

Gonna have week 12 poll up soonish~

PostmortemMessiah

Smash Cadet
While doing my research for this set, I had noticed that the Grox have surprisingly high social abilities. The highest one being Dance 4, 5 being the maximum. So my thought process was, they're good socializers, but are completely warlike. So I doubt it would be below them to abuse their socializers to "make friends" to simply make them more cooperative in dying.

Which was what the set was all about. "Making friends" to make them easier to kill, while trying to avoid making them completely hate you simply because it would make them more of a nuisance.

But I can see why it would come off as weird. I dunno. It made sense to me.

Smash Apprentice
While doing my research for this set, I had noticed that the Grox have surprisingly high social abilities. The highest one being Dance 4, 5 being the maximum. So my thought process was, they're good socializers, but are completely warlike. So I doubt it would be below them to abuse their socializers to "make friends" to simply make them more cooperative in dying.

Which was what the set was all about. "Making friends" to make them easier to kill, while trying to avoid making them completely hate you simply because it would make them more of a nuisance.

But I can see why it would come off as weird. I dunno. It made sense to me.
Put that way, I can see where you were coming from. It makes a little more sense now, although it still isn't particularly conducive to MYM Brawl combat.

But hey, if it made sense to you, far be it from me to contradict you. It's only friendly advice we're forwarding; this is your baby, so to speak, and none of us get to dictate how you work with it (Him? Her? Does the Grox even have a gender?). So long as you acknowledge and think about the comments we give, we're good. :D

PostmortemMessiah

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I know it's all constructive criticism going on here. I disagree that it's "really out of character", since I think they're fully capable of being manipulative *******s. But yeah I can see why it wouldn't be a good set, it doesn't have... what was it. "Flow", "playstyle", or "tact"? But maybe I'll get there.

Smady

Smash Master
User Rankings Weeks #11, #12

Welcome to the User Rankings! Every Monday, I'll be compiling the entire of the last week's activity in the thread and showing off, just who is the most active member? The point of this exercise is to recognise the most dedicated among us – those make your movers who are currently pushing the boundaries, as well as highlighting all movesets made by them.

To get on this list, you need to have made a moveset in this or a previous Make Your Move, as well as having posted in the Make Your Move 11 thread. The cut-off point for tallying is 3:59PM on Sunday EST, 5:59PM PMT or 11:59PM GMT; other removals or changes are at my own discretion. The breakdown of points is as follows:
30 points for a Moveset
5 points for a Comment
4 points for a Secondary Submission
2 points for a Secondary Submission Comment
1 point for a Regular Post
+Regular Posts do not stack
+Secondary Submissions are MYminis, Joke Movesets and other miscellaneous submissions
Slow *** fortnight, with little to comment on, probably some of the slowest weeks so far this contest - we've all tired out that Master Hand joke by now, but it's kind of terrible how relevant it is as an analogy. A handful of sets which were supplemented by a healthy amount of commentary and minis, as always, so it wasn't all that bad. Joint first this time were Kat and WoMF, curiously tying perfectly. Katapultar produced more than his fair share of the sets as well, with both the uncommented Sakurako Ohmuro and Himawari Furutani and the warmly welcomed Oogie Boogie, on top of a fair few comments and the weekly minis too. For those interested, he's also totally running away with the overalls at this point. WoMF was late to the party, nonetheless, effective and detailed commentary on the Organisation XIII and some others. Similarly, Smashbot came in third because of stacking up a mountain of comments. Hopefully a good bit of activity comes our way soon.

Overall User Rankings

Points: 85, Movesets: Agiri, Fibrizo, Yutaka, Kirika, Medusa Gorgon, Cherry, Luxord, Keroro Platoon, Sakurako & Himawari, Oogie Boogie

Points: 50, Movesets: The Necromancer, Zasalamel, Garbage Man, The Prospector

Points: 9, Movesets: Scizor, Night's End Sorcerer, Zombie Master, Demyx

Points: 5, Movesets: Amps, Chantique, Kang, Angel, Paper Man

Points: 5, Movesets: Dry Bones, Kirby Enemy Team, Billy Hatcher, Larxene

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Put that way, I can see where you were coming from. It makes a little more sense now, although it still isn't particularly conducive to MYM Brawl combat.

But hey, if it made sense to you, far be it from me to contradict you. It's only friendly advice we're forwarding; this is your baby, so to speak, and none of us get to dictate how you work with it (Him? Her? Does the Grox even have a gender?). So long as you acknowledge and think about the comments we give, we're good. :D
Meh, we've had loads weirder that have been extremely well recieved.

@Messiah, and any other MYM newbies: I'd like to try my best and explain the MYMindset. MYM is basically a contest that intends to burst with creativity and execution. This hopefully will explain a little bit of the mentality a lot of us take:
To be honest, while everyone has their own personal take on MYM, it boils down to two pretty definite sides: "In-Smash" and "Unsmash", and both are perfectly valid ways to view things.

Basically, what both praise over most is creativity, though they take it in two extreme ends.
"In-Smash" is what you could call the more conservative of the two. It's all about taking the rules of smash, and not defying them, but bending them. It's being creative by working to fit it's own creativity into the pre-existing engine, which is difficult but satisfying.

"Unsmash" throws rules out the window. Basically, its working in creativity without limits. This is also tricky, because if you put too many ideas in, it becomes horribly broken, and bogged down flow.

"Flow" is basically reffering to how moves play off of each other. The very best sets have it so that virtually any move can play off of any other in the moveset and never be totally useless. "Flowcharts" happen when the moves can only play off of each other in certain ways, meaning it comes down to memorizing patterns that do stuff, but are only effective by using that one pattern. Its generally uncreative because it allows for very little to no variation in playstyle.

"Playstyle" is very much what it sounds like: The style of play a character has. What does the character do? Exactly HOW do all these moves flow? Why would you WANT to do certain things in a match? How do you KO? Its not an exact science, and takes a while to really discover talents that you have.

Koric

Smash Apprentice

Elemental knight Regulus

Regulus is a character from the Bomberman 64 series. On both Bomberman 64 and Bomberman 64: The Second Attack, he serves as a character boss whom is fought midway through the entire stage. His primary focus on two things: Gaining power and to defeat White Bomber.

Regulus first encountered White Bomber when his team attacked his planet. However not only Regulus and his entire team was defeated, but White bomber also defeated Sirius whom is using the full power of the Omni Cube…which his team can only steal from him just barely. Since then he would only seek for two things, power and to defeat White Bomber...and he did just that.

Sometime afterwards, he became an Astral knight and serve the BHB army as Bulzeeb, the Black Breath confirming that he can gain some power from Sthertoth’s plot to absorb galaxies into their on their mission to find all of the elemental stones. It was unexpected that White Bomber was accidently sucked by this powerful device on his way from a vacation. Regulus spare himself the pleasure of fighting White Bomber by killing Zoniha whom is attempting to kill him after she was enraged over her defeat against White bomber. Both white bomber and Regulus fought later, but were interrupted by Mihaele, a goddess of light. Regulus was soon to be defeated and terminated by the hands of Sthertoth, but White Bomber’s victory over Sthertoth and the Angel of light and dark had resulted in the revival of the knights…Regulus included. It is unclear what he’s up to afterwards.

Since he is of the bomber race before acquiring the Shadow elemental stone, he is capable of using bombs as a method of attack as well as his expertise in hand to hand combat allows him to be quite versatile. He can also be able to wall jump due to his agility…but don’t count on him going high with his jumps.

Stats
Jump - 4/10
Second jump - 7/10
Walk – 5/10
Run – 7.5/10
Air movement speed – 3/10
Fall speed – 6/10
Weight – 6/10
Traction – 7/10

Specials​

B – bomb

He will clinch his hand and focused on creating a bomb. From there, the bomb can be treated like an small throw. He is capable of creating up to 3 bombs on the field. If there are 3 active bombs on the field, he will not be able to use this attack. The bombs will take 3.8 seconds to explode and can do 8% capable of killing at 129%...including yourself. The bomb animation duration only takes 11 frames to do so. (It takes 7 frames when done in the air.) After he reach 170% damage, his blast power will improve covering half as more range and its blast damage will do 5% more. (this applies to all his explosive related moves.) It takes 0.6 seconds to draw a bomb completely.

When drawing a bomb and if the special button is held during the animation, the bomb will instead grow bigger as long the special button is held for 6 seconds in total. If you are successful, your bomb will grow its max size following a shiny glow effect around the bomb.

The bomb is now a pumped bomb and can do half as more damage as well as kill power covering 2.5 times the range as a regular bomb, but it is thrown and carried like a heavy crate box. The explosion can produce a continuous blast that lasts for 3.7 seconds. When the pumped bomb is thrown and somehow hit the opponent on the ground, the impact of the pumped bomb will bury the opponent doing 14% damage. If the Pumped bomb hits an airborne enemy, the bomb will renderd them into a falling dizzy state for a second (similar to the animation when their shield broke.) The Pumped bomb explosion can do 28% damage capable of killing at 84% during the initial blast and can do 1% on the following flames if they are able to dodge the killing blast. Making a pumped bomb will reduce his walking speed and he cannot attack or jump. If he was attacked when trying to make a pumped bomb, he will drop the bomb and the bomb will return to its normal size.

When a bomb is on the ground, there are many ways to use it. When you jump on a bomb, you will instantly perform a bomb jump. These kinds of jumps will allow you to rise 2.5 stage builder blocks high. After a jump, his body will have a unique jumping animation so that he can double jump again, even if you had already double jumped before bomb jumping. Your opponent can also bomb jump, but they will not have an unique jump animation. By placing a bombs on top of another bomb can also make the bomb jump called a jumped bomb. It can be tricky, but if you can manage to bomb jump onto a jumping bomb, you will rise 7 stage builder blocks. However if you jump on a jumped bomb without being in his unique position, he will take 3% damage with minor flinching. Your opponents cannot jump from a jumped bomb unlike Regulus.

When the bomb is attacked, it flies around like a launched character. It doesn’t slow until it comes to a complete stop...like a bouncing ball. By itself, the bomb has a weight of 2 with a default damage gauge of 83%. When it collides to someone, the bomb will always do 3% damage. If it hit someone with a high launch speed, it will do 3% damage plus 10% of the total damage the bomb had on it. At the very minimal, the launch speed of the bomb must be the same as that of an attack that would kill a Jigglypuff ¾ across a large map like New Pork City. Also when a flying bomb collides with another hitbox, it will take he damage and will be launched with increased speed. A collision with a solid object or a character will only slow down the bomb by a little therefore it can still bounce around. It can be chaotic when fighting with bombs in a closed map. The only way to completely stop it is to catch it like an item.

Anyone can grab a bomb as if it was an item and can be thrown like a small throwing item. When the bomb is held, their explosion countdown is frozen as long they carrying it, so it can be carried for a long time to prevent Regulus from having many bombs on the field at once. After Regulus picks up a bomb from the ground, he can hold the special to attempt to make a pumped bomb. From there after making a pumped bomb, the countdown will reset to 3.6 seconds. (If there is another Regulus on the battlefield, he can use your bombs to make a pumped bomb.)

By the way, there is a 1/12 chance that he will draw a Gravity bomb. A Gravity bomb is a trait from the Gravity element he has on him. The bomb looks like a black bomb with a grey coloring around the top of it making it look like a mask. When it explodes, it doesn’t create fire. Instead it creates a small vortex with a dark core in the middle. (Regulus cannot harm himself.) The vortex will fiercely drag the opponents in the center doing 1% per 0.1 seconds the opponent overlaps the dark core. The blast duration of the Gravity bomb takes 1.2 seconds. Its duration also increase when his damage is at or over 170%. Also, don’t get me started on a pumped Gravity bomb.

Side B – Nightmare

Regulus will dash and strike his opponents using his fists very fast that it slices his opponents. Though the attack may looks like a physical strike, illusions can be deceiving. The attack is executed fast with a moderate recovery speed.

When executed, he will sprint 4 stage builder blocks forward similar to fox’s side special. At the end of his dash, he will make a quick swipe before he stops. He can do 2% damage when he overlaps anyone he dashes through just like the entire Starfox cast Side B attack. He can only flinch the opponent by passing through them, but as he pass by them, his dash makes him invisibility from knockback and damage for the time of his dash. The recovery time for the attack is a little slow, but it has a fast startup time.

At the end of his dash, he then executes a slash backed up by his shadow allowing him to extend his reach allowing him to attack anyone within 9/10 of a stage builder block in front of him. This attack can do 8% damage with a high set knockback capable of pushing the opponent up to 5 stage builder blocks assuming they are at full health. It can also kill at 154%.

If his swipe attack connects his opponent within 2/10 of a stage block away from Regulus when the attack connects shielded or not, he will grab his opponent instead and instantly perform his signature chain attack. After executing four quick swipes doing 3% damage each as well as flinching the opponent per hit, he will execute a strong dark powered jab that will launch the opponent upward that can kill at 97% so be careful not to get mind gamed into such a position.

Down B – Horror

He summons an oversized dark bat to attack the enemy. Despite its slow speed for a projectile, its unique ability is more than enough to make up.

The bat has some targeting capabilities, but it is not as potent as Samus’s normal missiles. The projectile moves up or down depending on how high or low the target is at an incredible slow rate. However when the Horror bat is above or below its nearest target, it will either soar upward or dive towards the target.

When the dark bat hits his opponent, not only it does damage to the opponent, but it also grabs them with its legs and slowly carry them upward. The opponent can grab release from the bat as if they was grabbed, however the time they are grabbed is not based from the damage the opponent has. When carried by the horror bat, the time set for the opponent is the same as if the opponent is at 50%. At its rate assuming the stage is final destination and haven’t escaped from the bat, it will take them out of the arena in 3.3 seconds. Its maybe a good idea better to get in a free hit when the opponent is struggling if you are at a good position. If shielded, it will fade away into nothingness, but it will leave behind a small dark cloud that can slightly obscure a human player’s vision shortly after the point of impact for a second. The Horror bat can do 5% damage plus 2% damage for each 0.7 second the enemy is grasp under it.

When this attack is done in the air, he will instead create a bat and hop on it. The bat will then glide just like any winged character as it carrying him to safety, so it can be used as a recovery. Keep in mind that he can only use it once in the air. After he hits a solid object or another character while Regulus is riding on it, the bat will explode forcing Regulus to quickly hop from the exploding projectile. The dark explosion covers half a stage builder block and can do 14% damage at most. Keep in mind that the Horror bat will still target enemies and will dive or soar to their targets if they are above or below the horror bat. You have to get off or you might ended up riding out of the stage.

Up B - jet pack

Regulus can fly around using his jetpack using the energy stored in him.

His recovery is very similar to ROB as he can use it again and again so long he does not run out of power. When the special button he held he flies upward at a very high height. Releasing the B button will not make him lose his recovery completely nor does it drain his jetpack completely. Unlike ROB, his recovery lacks horizontal distance, but he can go much higher to recover. His jetpack energy is fully recovered whenever he touches the ground safely.

It might be wise to use his side B attack to cover the horizontal distance if needed.

Standard Attacks​

Normal A – triple punch

Regulus attacks with three fast jabs that all do 1% damage. The final jab can launch the opponent slightly far if they are at full health, but it doesn’t grow that much…even when they are at 300% damage. The recovery time from the last jab is slightly slower than his average attacks.

Tilt up – uppercut

Regulus executes an uppercut aimed upward with accuracy and strength capable of doing 14% damage capable of killing at 126%.

The horizontal range for this attack is very horrible as it can cover 2/10 of a stage builder block, but it can count as a more powerful hit that can do 7% more damage as well as flinching the opponent for the following hit.

Tilt down – crouching kick

Regulus will crouch to his right knee and attacks with a long low heel kick. It can do 9% to 12% damage and has a hitbox that can go slightly below the ground he is currently standing on. (It can be useful when fighting on a platform.)

Along with his Up air attack, this attack has the longest range covering 8/10 of a stage builder block. It is capable of spiking the enemy if this attack connects with an airborne enemy. This way, it could kill a character with a poor recovery at 73% at least.

Tilt side – strong swipe

A rather slow upward jab towards the opponent that would usually stuns his opponent for 10% damage. This attack only has a set knockback making the opponent to only flinch.

The recovery time of the attack is rather fast compare to the rest of his standard attacks allowing him to recover just before the opponent recovers from the hit. The attack has a reverse decay effect, the more hits that this attack connects again and again, the farther the opponent will fly. (up to 3 stage builder blocks.) The damage is still reduced though due to damage decay.

Pressing the attack button again will have him execute a powerful downward jab that can kill the opponent at 123% while doing 4% damage at most. The hitbox for this attack is very low in priority, so it’s best to know that the first hit connects before following through.

Dash attack – knee attack

Regulus accelerates his speed and slightly hops up to deliver a flying knee strike doing 8% damage in average capable of killing at 165% as it launches the opponent mainly forward.

The hitbox of this attack doesn’t come until his knee is fully exposed. When its fully exposed his entire lower body becomes an hitbox with an higher than normal priority. This attack can be used to DACUS into a bomb kick up smash. Because of the acceleration of his knee attack and his already fast dash speed, he will sure to cover a lot of distance…but won’t be very useful overall.

Recover (face down)
He will balance himself using his left arm and spins once making sure he hits both sides around him. Each hit can do 2% damage with decent knockback.

Recover (face up)
Regulus quickly springs back to his feet…but not before making a full flip that attacks anyone who touches him doing 2% damage at least.

Ledge attack
Regulus quickly jumps back to the arena with a quick jab doing 5% damage at most. The attack usually pushes the opponent slightly with very little growth knockback.

100% ledge attack
He struggle to get back up taking half a second. After he gets back up, he delivers a low kick assuring that the opponent is knocked back at least 4 stage builder blocks assuming the enemy is the average weight. This attack also does 4% damage regardless.

Smash Attacks​

Smash side – Shadow strike

Regulas attacks with a strong punch, but the attack doesn’t do damage nor does it flinch the opponent. It would seem useless if it wasn’t for its effect.

After the attack is executed, Regulus will leave behind a shadow of himself. The Shadow would be perfectly invisible…but its shadow can be seen on the ground. When the opponent is 6/10 stage builder blocks in front of the shadow, it will change from transparent to pitch black and tangible. It then executes the same attack except it actually does damage. The shadow strike is strong enough to do 18% damage at most uncharged capable of killing the opponent upward at 113% and if the opponent is attacked in the air, they will be launched forward.

After the attack, the shadow will fade away. Be aware that only one shadow can be placed at a time and it has a low priority. Also keep in mind that if Regulus doesn’t have a shadow from where he’s standing, it means that a shadow attack is in place. By default after 27 seconds, the Gravity will fade away and return to Regulus.

Smash down – Smart bomb

Regulus place a Gravity bomb below him and it will become transparent with the currently background. (Occasionally it will make itself 80% transparent for a split second for fairness just like the cloaking device on melee.) This special bomb is powered up by unique enhancements that allow it to emit radio waves that go only on 3/10 of a stage builder in radius. The first waves are activated a half second after Regulus plants it and it will record its position. Afterwards, it will continue to emit secondary waves that act like a detector. Once anything overlaps those waves, it will explode providing little range covering as far as its radio wave can detect.

Basically when something is within 3/10 of a stage builder block from the bomb, the bomb will explode and do 10% damage capable of killing at 156% uncharged. The more charged the attack is, the more powerful the bomb will become…but it will make the smart bomb more visible. A fully charged smart bomb can be seen without a cloak.

Like his Shadow strike, a smart bomb can only be placed one at a time. If any kind of attack other than a solid bomb connects with it, it will explode. Be warned, it can explode when Regulus gets too close to it as well.

Smash up – High bomb kick

Regulus takes out a normal bomb and kicks it upward at a height with a motion sensitive bomb. The opponent can be hit during Regulus’s kick animation which drags the opponent slightly forward doing 6% damage. The motion sensitive bombs travel in an arc similar to snake’s mortar. This kind of bomb will always do 13% damage and will explode if it touches anything including any solid object knocking anything upward bounding to kill anything living at 137%.

The distance that the bomb travels will always land 2 stage builder blocks in front of Regulus no matter how high he kicks the bomb. If its not fully charged, he can kick up from 1 stage builder blocks high to 14 stage builder blocks high.

A fully charged bomb kick will launch itself upward until it reaches the beyond off-screen as long there isn’t a ceiling above Regulus. Whenever the opponent come near the spot 3 stage builder blocks away in front of where Regulus kicked that bomb, the bomb will then descend like a bullet from the sky towards that point 3 stage builder blocks from that initial position.

Aerial Attacks

Air normal – double pulse

Regulus punches two times alternatively releasing a dark burst after peach punch with a standard range and priority. The attack has a quick recovery time after landing on the ground during the attack. In general, the attack startup and execution is quite fast considering

Each punch can extend close to 6/10 of a stage builder block and can do 6% damage per hit. It can launch the enemy, but don’t rely it being a kill move.

Back air – back kick

Regulus executes a straight kick behind him with precision making sure he attacks his opponent on the mark.

This attack has good priority and range as it can extend to 8/10 of a stage bulder block. It can do 13% damage at most and can kill at least around 135%. When this attack hits one of his bombs, the bomb will be launched the farthest than any other of his attacks. The attack startup is great, but it’s slow on the recovery.

Up air – wave kick

Regulus performs a fast somersault kick that executes covering around him. This attacks has more priority than the majority of his attacks plus its range reaches 8/10 of a stage builder block.

This attack can do 13% damage at most capable of killing at 132% as it launches the opponent forward.

Down air – bomb spike

He can throw a bomb straight downward with a set timer that goes off in 0.38 seconds. The damage it does is the same as the bomb.

The bomb can knock the opponent downward if it’s hit 5% damage in the process and send the bomb back up. If executed at the right moment, the explosion can hit Regulus instead, it will explode sending you soaring high as if it was a recovery, but beware…like Wario Wrath, it can kill you if you soar too high up. Don’t worry though, the explosion won’t hurt him.

The explosion alone can do 9% damage to the opponent and can kill at 144% launching the opponent upward. Because this is an explosion attack, the range and power increases if his life is near-fatal. If the bomb actually come back to you due to it spiking the enemy.

Forward air – booster

Regulus extends his body as if he was flying and fires a booster from his jet pack making him travel at a speed that can go through his opponents covering 1.4 of a stage builder block at most.

Similar to ROB’s back air, the booster allows him to defy his current movement and gravity to forcedly move forward. Once the attack is finished, he returns to his normal speed.
Regulus has 2 different hit boxes with the strongest is where the booster ignite. The blast can do 16% damage capable of killing at 102%, providing adequate range with a single frame on its hitbox. The second is his body during the acceleration with no additional range, but it has a good priority that can go through small projectiles. It can do 8% damage and can kill at 175%.

The attack movement effect does not apply if he was currently being launched.

Grab Attacks

Grab attack – face smack

He attacks with a simple smash to the face using his elbow for 2% damage. The attack recovery is slightly faster than the average fighter…

Throw forward – boot

Regulus quickly extends his left leg and kicks the opponent mid-section with authority. The impact can do 8% damage with moderate knockback.

The knockback is fairly set that the opponent will usually be launched 3 stage builder at full health assuming the character has an average weight. The throw has little growth knockback making it non-viable killing move.

Throw Back – back strike

Regulus dashes behind the enemy while he firmly maintains his grip on the opponent and attacks their backside with a well-executed straight punch.

This is one of his stronger throws capable of doing 13% damage capable of killing at 124%, but it takes some time to get the attack through, but he will have super armor on him until the attack goes through.

Throw upward – blast pop

Regulus throws the opponent straight upwards then quickly throws a bomb after with great speed. The bomb explodes after when it overlaps the opponent. If the bomb somehow miss the opponent like someone else attacking them sending them out of range or if the opponent tech recovered on the ceiling and the invisibility frame ignored the bomb, the bomb will then act like a motion sensor bomb.

The explosion can do 9% damage and can kill at 144%. Because this is an explosion attack, the range and power increases if his life is near-fatal.

Throw down – blast fury

Regulus pins the opponent to the ground and uses his jetpack to hover himself slightly 6/10 of a stage builder block. Then he releases a barrage of 5 low powered bombs which all explode upon impact one by one. The last bomb can launch the opponent.

Each blast can do 2-3% damage making it capable of doing 15% damage in total only if the attack is fresh from decay. The last bomb is capable is capable of killing the foe at 133%. Because this is an explosion attack, the range and power increases if his life is near-fatal.

Final smash – Black Illusion​

Regulus takes out a pitch-black gravity bomb and crushes it with his bare hands instantly creating a black hole with a size that can cover 5 stage builder blocks that can be controlled by the direction of the controller stick. However the black hole can only travel as far as 1 stage builder block per second, so positing the attack is vital. The black hole can very slowly suck their opponent into its range from any distance regardless where they are on the map, but if they get within range of the black hole, they will be sucked into the hole. If someone is caught inside the hole, he will fly into the hole after the sucked enemy. The black hole is still in effect even after a victim is claimed so more can join the fun and can still be controlled. If the black hole is on the field for 8 and didn’t catch someone, the attack will end.

From there when someone is trapped in the black hole, some visual slash effects can be seen from random areas of the map shortly after and can be heard striking fear into those who hear it. As long the victim is trapped in the black hole, they will constantly take 2% damage for every half second they remain in there. From the moment the opponent is trapped in there, the entire duration of the attack would be around 8 seconds. During that time they will receive a total of 18 strikes from Regulus each dong 1% damage except the final hit which does 10% damage. At the end of the assault, all those who was trapped in the black hole are launched from the hole straight upward capable of killing at 74%. Generally the standard damage this attack can do in total is 57% damage usually to the first one who is caught or unless the black hole caught two or more characters at the same time.

Meaningless Extras​

Stage entrance - A jagged pole rises from the ground. It would look like there is nothing else, Regulus will then show himself by making himself visible to the players. Afterwards he will jump off the jagged pole and into position.

Win 1 – he will show signs that he isn’t satisfied and flies towards the background. When he flies far away, a small black hole appears in his path and vanishes after he went inside it.

Win 2 – He furiously punches towards the audience twice and makes a battle pose. His helmet glitters for a brief moment occasionally.

Win 3 – Regulus looks down as he body faces to the left. He then creates a bomb and turn to his right with his face slightly facing towards the camera grunting about the difficulty of the battle. He then tosses the bomb behind him as he looks slightly upwards. If the players stay on the results screen for over 30 seconds, an explosion can be heard that can cause the screen to shake temporary.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
[COLLAPSE="Regulus"]Nice of you to grace us with your movesetting presence once again, Koric, a moveset that works no differently to your previous ones. Regulus is an In-Smash moveset that does service to the character with use his of bombs, fists, darkness and all, but what impressed me quite a bit was the elaborate Neutral Special that would've made an excellent base for the rest of the moveset to play off...it kind of does in a way considering these bombs do take knockback, though, even if any Smash character could do the same. Not too bad. The bat which can drag enemies away with the Up Special and the two properties of the Side Special are also cool, but the former seems a little strange in how it functions with the nature of the bombs, if only a little since it'd play quite well in making the enemy get into the air through your planted bombs and case of ground dominance. For this matter, being able to bomb jump together with your jetpack is really cool since you can just torment your enemy while they're dealing with your bat.

There are a few minor balancing qualms such as you needing to hold a bomb for 6 seconds to make it pumped, and foes being knocked 5 SBBs from the Side Special no matter how much damage they have (that's like, more than half of Final Destination, and it'll kill most characters near the edge if they have bad recoveries). A time like 2 seconds for pumping the bombs and about 2 SBBs for the set knockback would be fine. There are also numerous spelling errors throughout the set, dare I say, but this is Make Your Move and we're not going to do anything bad to you for something so trivial.

For an in-smash set, the implementation of the Neutral Special to pay homage to series, but more so with the playstyle, is really cool and quite fun to imagine in tandem with some of Regulus' other simple moves. With your style I can quite easily forgive there not being a whole obvious lot to play off of the bombs, but none the less I think this is quite possibly my favorite set of yours ever. Good to have you around again.[/COLLAPSE]

UserShadow7989

Smash Journeyman
Warning! A new challenger approaches!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AHhhWe58PE&feature=relmfuhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AHhhWe58PE&feature=relmfu

Hockey Man is one of six robot master equivalents from a well crafted homage to Megaman called 'Rokko Chan'. After the resident Wily equivalent 'Dr. Mad' declared war on the world, sending robots across the globe out of control, the game's protagonist confronted Hockey Man in a frozen over wasteland and ice factory sent out of control by his actions.

Though it's unclear whether he was made by Dr. Mad or simply one of the robots he reprogrammed (more likely the latter seeing how similar it is to Megaman 1's plot), he fought viciously nonetheless. He was an intelligent combatant despite his bruiser-like appearance, launching hockey puck projectiles and throwing up a shield of sheer cold that could only be bypassed by Lightning Man's weapon.

It goes without saying that the weapon Rokko-chan gained upon her victory was the game's shield weapon, Ice Shield, which would make many of her future trials- such as the battle with Volcano Man- much easier. He would fight her one last time in the final stage of Dr. Mad's Fortress alongside his brethren, before she moved on to battle the mad doctor himself.

10 === Stats === 10

Traction: 10
Size: 9
Weight: 7
Fall Speed: 7
Jump Height: 7
Ground Speed: 3
Aerial Speed: 3
Aerial Control: 1

Slightly taller than Ganondorf and roughly half the width of Bowser, Hockey Man is among the larger brawl competitors (not that that says much in MYM). All in all, he appears to be an average heavyweight, if a bit lighter and with much better jumps than his contemporaries. Don't let those low movement speeds fool you, though- he's more than capable of moving quickly when he wants to.

10 === Mechanic: Hockey Rink === 10

Not exactly the most complex mechanic, but it's far easier to note it in its own section here than fitting the explanation in the middle of a move. Hockey Man's ground speed is doubled on icy surfaces. This boost in his momentum transfers to his jumps, granting him 1.5x the horizontal distance to each leap and a similar boost to air speed so long as he continues in the direction he was going when he started his jump.

He'll be taking advantage of it often, too. Any ice-related attack of Hockey Man's that makes contact with a surface freezes that surface for five seconds or until hit by a fire attack. The ice has the exact same property as normal ice blocks in stage builder. Further, if an ice attack hits a ledge, it creates a low wall on that edge reaching up to roughly half Hockey Man's height that lasts four seconds, until struck by a fire attack, or an opponent is knocked through it by medium or greater knockback. Several moves work much better when ice is involved, and having your opponents slipping and tripping constantly plays right into Hockey Man's hands. However, the speed bonus does not apply to attacks that involve him charging at an opponent, which are almost universally faster anyways. Don't worry too much about it- you'll turn the stage into a giant Hockey Rink just by fighting.

10 === Specials === 10

Neutral Special 10 Ice Shield
The temperature near Hockey Man drops off rapidly, dozens of tiny snowflakes forming around him. Ice Shield forms a barrier of cold centered on the robotic sportsman slightly larger than him in each direction. This is a disjointed hitbox, dealing 10% damage and light knockback to anyone who touches it.

Its main feature is nullifying attacks. Projectiles are negated outright, and other moves are treated as though they collided with an attack of equal priority. This barrier lasts for 4 seconds, during which time Hockey Man can move perform any other attacks he has as he pleases. What prevents Hockey Man from spamming this move is a single factor: the crippling starting lag second only to a Warlock Punch. Though it's ending lag is nearly nonexistent, this move is clearly meant to be used on approach as opposed to in the middle of the fray; especially since it will freeze the ground under and around Hockey Man passively.

Side Special 10 Slapshot
Reaching into his uniform, Hockey Man retrieves and drops a pokeball sized puck onto the ground in front of himself. The tiny object is promptly launched forwards two battlefield platforms at the speed of Fox's Neutral Special for 8% damage and light knockback.

The puck doesn't vanish after hitting an opponent or traveling its full range, however. It slowly succumbs to gravity over the course of its flight until it lands. It acts much like a koopa shell item- ricocheting off walls, shields, and attacks to harm anything in its way. Hockey Man is of course immune to the small piece of rubber even if it's deflected by an attack or shield (but not by reflecting moves or power shielding), and can strike the puck himself to keep it going.

The projectile lasts 5 seconds after hitting the ground, dropping to Pikachu's dash speed at the moment it lands and eventually slowing to match Ike's run by the end. This speed loss is reduced by half on icy surfaces. There can be up to three pucks per Hockey Man on the stage at any time.

There's more, though! If there's already a puck or other item on the ground within a quarter of a battlefield platform of Hockey Man, he skips the animation of pulling out a puck and it's associated lag in favor of using what's at hand. A puck has its duration reset and is treated as a brand new projectile, while items take no damage and are treated as if he threw them as hard as he could. This can also hit an opponent who wandered into his range, the disjointed hitbox doing a nasty 18% damage and above average horizontal knockback. Perfect for giving the bot breathing room to throw up a shield.

The move comes with a lengthy start up (though under the above noted circumstances it's reduced to a tolerably average amount) and a moderate ending lag. However, would-be spammers beware! If Hockey Man takes a swing at an opponent and misses, he'll lose his balance for just a moment, giving the opponent time for a free hit.

Down Special 10 Coasting
Running in place for a moment to build up momentum, Hockey Man releases a burst of pressurized air from his boots, gliding across the ground at Pikachu's dash speed. Just like his pucks, he gradually slows to match Ike's run speed during the three seconds that follow the initial take off. Also like his pucks, he loses speed at only half the normal rate while he's on ice.

As he coasts along, hunched forward to make himself more aerodynamic, his body acts as a hitbox that does anywhere from 14% to 7% damage and moderate to weak knockback depending on how fast he's moving. He can turn while in this state, doing so automatically should he come to a ledge or unbreakable barrier. This reduces his speed and takes half a second to accomplish unless there's a convenient wall to bounce off of, which lets him retain his speed and switch around instantly.

Perhaps the best thing about this move, Hockey Man can use his tilts, aerials, smashes, and even his grab while coasting. However, he suffers 1.5x the starting from those moves and loses some of his speed when he performs them in this state, but the ability to attack and remain on the move is not to be overlooked.

Like most of his moves, this has an atrocious start up balanced by a short ending lag. Hockey Man stops coasting when his speed would dip below Ike's run, he is struck by an attack of higher priority, the player presses the B button, upon use of specific moves, or when using his shield (the normal one, not his Neutral Special). Hitting a shielding opponent does not stop him, but it pushes the opponent back, decreases his speed, and does a decent bit of damage to their shield.

It goes without saying that this move is fantastic when paired with the Neutral Special, protecting him as he advances and deals with his laggier moves while also freezing the ground right before he passes over it.

Up Special 10 Crashing Tundra
Hockey Man makes a tremendous leap upwards, a burst of cold air helping him reach impressive heights. Just as quickly as he goes up, the sportsman rockets downwards and slams feet-first into the ground, shaking the platform he lands on violently. Enemies standing on the same stretch of ground as him at this time are stunned for two seconds as the earth beneath their feet trembles. Those standing on ice or hanging on a ledge have it worse- tripping and being unable to stand until the stun ends or losing their grip and entering free fall for half a second respectively.

The jump grants Hockey Man a stupendous 1.5 battlefield platforms of height and lets him travel just as far horizontally should the player tilt the control stick to aim. Direct contact with his body at any point except the peak of his ascent deals 15% damage and moderate knockback. The move has nearly no start up but suffers from a lengthy ending lag. Luckily for opponents, Hockey Man cannot change direction during the leap- if he moves to the right, he'll have to keep moving right until he lands.

10 === Standards === 10

Neutral A Combo 10 Advancing Strike
As easy as 1-2-3. Hockey Man swings his stick in a short upwards arc, followed by a similar downward arc, and finishes with a thrust. The first two hits do 4% damage each, accompanied by very light (but more than flinching) knockback. Their reach isn't so hot compared to some of his other attacks, but are still on par with the average sword user's. The third blow does 5% damage and similar knockback, but with far better range.

Hockey Man's basic combo has a simple property that sets it apart. With each strike, he takes a step forwards, allowing him to gradually march the opponent back. The final blow grants him a small amount of breathing space in exchange for a little end lag, or he can cut off after the second blow and follow up with another move.

Forward A 10 Body Check
With a sudden jerking motion, Hockey Man twists around and rams his shoulder into the enemy. This simple movement has a short reach but deals 12% damage and a set knockback equal to half a battlefield platform. On an icy floor, the opponent is knocked twice the distance and falls prone against the ground where they land (or enters free fall for half a second if knocked over a ledge). Using this attack during his Down Special causes Hockey Man to skid to a stop afterward, and adds the damage from that move onto the damage from this one. Either way, this move has only average delay on both ends.

Down A 10 Sweep
Crouching low to the ground and extending his hockey stick outwards, the sport-loving robot spins a full 360 degrees. The spin does 8% damage and flinching knockback, but more importantly, opponents who are running, dashing, or suffering from lag of any kind are tripped by the blow. This is even more potent on ice- Hockey Man spinning around twice in the same amount of time he normally spins once. Following the punishable start up and ignorable ending lag trend, this move is notable for its shockingly long reaching disjointed hitbox. Using this move while coasting grants Hockey Man a short window of time in which he may turn instantly and without losing speed at the very end.

Up A 10 Cheer
Lifting his stick into the air, Hockey Man waves it to and fro in a celebratory gesture. Though it may seem more appropriate for a taunt, this does indeed serve as an attack. Opponents directly above the large robot take repeated hits of 3% damage and light knockback up and forward from the disjointed move. Holding the A button allows Hockey Man to continue past the standard four waves of his stick, but he will still have to end the move after the seventh swing.

Contact with the stick will deflect falling or thrown items, though that will rarely come into play. Noticeable lag on both ends makes this somewhat situational, but its reach is perfect for catching opponents attempting to go over the hulking wall of metal. The obvious purpose of this move is to combine it with Hockey Man's Down Special, catching opponents attempting to jump over him and 'pulling' them with him with repeated hits.

Dash Attack 10 Slush
Hockey Man skids to a stop, kicking up a shower of shaved ice in front of him. This disjointed hitbox is as tall as he is, but as narrow as a pokeball, moving forwards about twice its width as gravity reclaims its hold on the slush. This move does no damage. What it DOES do is stun anyone hit by the slush for half a second; more than enough time for the large robot to throw out a tilt or other fast move.

While on ice, the distance the attack travels forwards is doubled, giving it an actually half-decent reach. All in all, its short start up and only slightly longer ending lag makes it an effective way to cap off an approach. Sadly, Hockey Man cannot use this during his Down Special, but he gains a different move for that...

Coasting Attack 10 Puck Control
In place of his Neutral A or Dash Attack, pressing 'A' without a directional input when using Hockey Man's Down Special activates this move. Straightening his posture ever so slightly, the giant of steel lowers his stick to the ground like he were playing his namesake game. He uses the stick to maneuver any item or puck it comes in contact with along with himself, steering it about as he pleases.

A puck caught in this manner has its 5 second duration reset, only ticking down again once it leaves Hockey Man's control either by him taking a hit or pressing A again to shoot it like in his Side Special. Items are preserved in this state, but ultimately they're affected the same way. Puck Control has no lag of note, and does no damage.

10 === Smashes === 10

Forward Smash 10 Freezing Crash
After running in place to build momentum, Hockey Man launches himself forwards as fast as he can manage. He matches Captain Falcon's dash speed for a total distance of two battlefield platforms, until he hits a wall, or until he reaches a ledge, his body serving as a hitbox that deals between 16-25% damage and above average knockback. At the end of his charge, the sportsman slams the ground to stop himself (if a wall hasn't done the trick already).

Hockey Man does more than build speed while he's charging this attack. Once he's past the halfway point, a ring of snowflakes like those from his Neutral Special manifest around him, assuming said special is not already in effect. As he ends his bum rush by hitting a wall of slamming the ground, those 8 snowflakes scatter a battlefield platform in each direction at the same speed as the charge itself, each dealing 7-12% damage and stunning the victim for half a second.

The charge time of this move is cut in half if the Neutral Special and/or Down Special is in effect, or if Hockey Man is standing on ice, though it automatically ends the effects of either of the former. The lengthy end lag is covered by the projectiles created at higher charges, making it a relatively safe finishing move.

Down Smash 10 Shiver Breath
Lifting his mask by an inch, Hockey Man leans forwards and exhales a thin fog of freezing air. The cloud is as high as he is tall, measuring anywhere from 0.5 to 1.5 battlefield platforms in length depending on charge time. Opponents in range of this attack are pushed back to the edge of the blistering wind.

In addition to acting like Mario's F.L.U.D.D., the fog sustains any ice patches within it for its 5 second duration. Any opponents who make contact with the cloud have their movement speed to 3/4th the norm, and their attack lag is similarly lengthened by 1/4th. The starting lag of this move is fairly extensive due to its animation, but the ending lag is nothing of note and the range prevents most enemies from realistically being in a position to counterattack anyways.

Up Smash 10 Crushed Ice
Heaving his stick over his head, Hockey Man hesitates for just a moment before bringing it crashing down against the ground. Anyone unlucky enough to be above or in front of him is embedded into the ground in front of him, unable to move until they escape with grab difficulty or are knocked out by a move with medium or greater knockback.

The swing does a not-too-shabby 18-27% damage. However, if the attack strikes an icy patch of ground instead of an opponent, shards of ice spray over a Bowser-sized radius centered on the exact spot. These shards deal half the damage of the swing itself, along with flinching knockback. Short start up and lengthy end lag in a reversal of the norm, but the cloud of icy pain lingers just long enough to prevent attacks from the front.

10 === Aerials === 10

Neutral Aerial 10 Stick Check
Hockey Man extends his arms, using the whole of his reach with his hockey stick- roughly as long a reach as he is tall. As long as the player holds the A button, his stick acts as a solid wall that he may rotate around himself a full 360 degrees. Opponents are pushed by the hockey stick when they make contact with it, allowing the large robot to push them up, down, and away from himself as he pleases. It takes very little time to enter or exit this stance, and its uses are many: spacing, positioning, gimping, and blocking. Hockey Man is no slouch in the air, just as capable of driving the foe back there as he is on the ground.

Forward Aerial 10 Slashing
Because he knows the difference between a hockey game and a fight (or maybe he just noticed there's no referee around), Hockey Man is not afraid to dip into moves illegal in the former during the latter. Probably his simplest attack, Hockey Man swings his stick like a club, creating a long-reaching but narrow hitbox that deals 10% damage and below average knockback. The very tip of his weapon is a sweet spot, dealing 14% damage and moderate knockback. While he can't count on the opponent putting themselves in precisely the right spot for this attack to land, he has ways of forcing them into position, such as the above move.

Down Aerial 10 Heavy Snow
Cold air shoots from Hockey Man's skates as the player holds the A button, forming slush and snow below him as he glides through the air. The area directly below him is a hitbox as wide as he is, extending downward a range equal to Kirby's height and dealing both 5% damage and a weak downward knockback to those who come in contact with it.

As he passes overhead, clumps of snow gently fall in his wake, surviving a battlefield platform in distance before melting. The soft slush will freeze the ground it comes in contact with, but more importantly, it will weigh down those caught beneath it. This reduces their jump height by 1/3rd and slightly increases their fall speed for 5 seconds. Applying more snow will only refresh the duration- you can't stack its negative effects with itself. There is essentially no lag on either end of this move.

Back Aerial 10 Kicking
With a great deal of effort and a large blast of pressurized air from his skates, Hockey Man swivels around with one leg outstretched, aiming to slash the opponent with his skate. The attack does 7% damage and flinching knockback, the former of which is increased to 14% if the sweet spot (the tip of his skate) is the part of the hitbox that connects.

The attack portion of this move isn't the main reason to use this move. While he moves quickly through the air, Hockey Man has a hard time changing direction, and his momentum from Coasting will carry him forwards a few seconds even if the player is mashing the control stick the other way. This would normally leave him very vulnerable to any opponents that get behind him in the air, but by using this move to turn and face them, he can at least fight them off as he continues along his arc.

Up Aerial 10 Hooking
Much like his up tilt and up smash, Hockey Man raises his weapon over his head, then brings it down in an arc. 12% damage, light downward knockback, moderate start up contrasted by short ending lag. What makes this special is the moment before the swing. By holding the A button, the player may delay the attack. While its held over his head like this, the tip of his stick drags anyone who touches it down along with the large robot.

Though he can take damage and knockback in this stance, hitting Hockey Man will not knock him out of the move.
The only way to escape from the hitbox is to fast fall, have a higher fall speed than him to begin with, or move in the direction he's facing... all of which will place them within range of at least one of his other aerials. The strike itself will even place the victim in the perfect position for his Forward Aerial or Side Special.

10 === Throws === 10

Grab/Pummel 10 Unsportsmanlike Conduct
With tremendous strength, Hockey Man lifts his opponent off the ground by their throat, skidding to a stop if he was coasting. Each press of the A button causes him to suddenly slam his head into the opponent's, doing 5% damage per hit at a fairly slow rate. If his Neutral Special is active, they also take a passive 3% damage every second. This grab has a good reach, but is a bit slow to come out. It's nothing too unique.

Forward Throw 10 Power Strike
Hockey Man casually drops the the enemy onto the ground in front of him, giving them just enough time to register the sight of his hockey stick raised high before they are smacked away. Though it does one of the lower damage percentages of any of his throws- a not-to-be-scoffed-at 14%- it has above average horizontal knockback that is augmented if used on an icy floor, the opponent skidding across the ground uncontrollably with the length of the ice patch added to their knockback.

Down Throw 10 Heavy Slam
Just as easily as he pulled them up, Hockey Man slams his victim into the ground head-first. This throw does a whopping 17% damage, leaving the opponent prone. He pulls away a bit from the opponent, giving him time to throw up a shield and keeping him out of the reach of retaliation.

Back Throw 10 Drag Along
Throwing his opponent over his shoulder, Hockey Man leans forwards and activates his Down Special. This acts along the lines of Donkey Kong's own Down Throw, with the opponent attempting to struggle out of the grab's remaining duration. Hockey Man can move about at his full speed, tilting the control stick gently moving him in a direction or slamming it like you would for a smash attack causing him to use a throw. Using this input again causes him to skid to a stop and resume his normal grab.

Up Throw 10 Fisticuffs
Releasing his hold on the foe, he yanks his now free hand back and sends it flying into the opponent's jaw. In addition to 15% damage, the attack does moderate knockback that sends them flying forwards in an arc. Their air time gives Hockey Man the chance to throw up a shield and continue his pursuit, while the arc helps get the enemy around any pesky barriers that would impede the sportsman's constant offensive.

10 FINAL SMASH 10​

Teamwork

Hockey is first and foremost a team sport. Over the course of its history, changes to the game have been made with this in mind, every tweak taking the focus off individual players. So when Hockey Man grabs the Smash Ball, he calls upon the power of teamwork.

5 robotic hockey players, each dressed in uniforms matching Hockey Man's own, appear spread over the stage. The players have 45% stamina each and weigh roughly the same as their teammate, making them difficult to KO before their 15 second duration ends.

Though they lack Hockey Man's ice-related moves, they have very intelligent AI, and work excellently in tandem with each other and Hockey Man himself. Four bum rush the opposition one after another, one dressed in additional padding like a Goalie staying back in case an opponent slips through.

10 === Playstyle === 10

It's said that the best defense is a good offense. Hockey Man embraces the opposite philosophy; he's not your average bruiser who throws his weight around wantonly. His ultimate goal is to act as an advancing wall, constantly pushing the opponent back until they run out of ground to stand on. His main problems in this endeavor are obvious at a glance- he's a big target, his speed isn't that hot even on ice, and while he can fix both those problems with his Down Special, Coasting, that just worsens the third and main issue- atrocious attack lag.

The answer? His Neutral Special. Ice Shield is the MVP and central focus of his set. In addition to acting as a long lasting and passive attack, it protects him a whopping four seconds. Not long when you say it out loud, but more than enough time to get in a few attacks without worry. His other specials supplement this effect; Slapshot creates lingering hitboxes that circle back, forcing them to split their attention between your slower, deadlier moves and evading the speedy projectiles. Coasting gives him a temporary speed boost, allowing him to quickly close the distance on an opponent before the duration ends and even letting him attack on approach; the extended lag being balanced by his immunity to any form of interruption.

To an extent, Hockey Man wants to be an advancing wall, cornering opponents so they can't evade his attacks. His air game and even a few of his tilts are based around providing lengthy disjointed hitboxes that act as walls. Pucks from his Side Special force the opponent into the air to evade, where he can use a number of moves to either throw them back down or go for the kill.

Once his Ice Shield wears off, Hockey Man goes right back on the defensive. He can't throw up his shield on the move, can't attack to keep the opponent pinned as he activates it, and it suffers the lengthy starting lag all of his moves do. Playing as Hockey Man involves learning when it wears off and timing his numerous high knockback or stunning moves to ensure the opponent isn't around to capitalize on it.

This is where his other attacks shine. Most of his moves have a secondary effect (usually granted by the very ice his Neutral Special created) that can be used to give him the breathing room required. Tripping, stunning, pushing, embedding, lingering projectiles, knockback, all are tools in his arsenal to render the opponent immobile or otherwise unable to prevent the next shield from going up. If all else fails, his Up Special is just as efficient at escaping from the opponent as clearing the distance, and will likely knock a pursuer on their duff if they attempt to cross the ice he made.

His best bet is landing a high knockback attack or grab before the first shield wears off, then activating the second as the reeling opponent is sent tumbling head over heels. Once done, he can approach again and repeat the process.

10 === Closing Comments === 10

It's been a while, hasn't it? My last set was Cacturne way back at the mid point of MYM8, which is roughly where I burned myself out. For a while now I've been trying to make a comeback, but every set I worked at was either overambitious and daunting or not ambitious enough and disappointing to work on.

Eventually, though, I stumbled across a freeware flash game called 'Rokko Chan', a fantastic homage to the Megaman series. Seeing Hockey Man reminded me of the contest's many Megaman Robot Master movesets, and struck me as having potential. I gave it a try, and before I knew it, I had half a set finished and ideas for half of the remaining inputs. I'm considering doing more sets for the game, Forest Man and the Mad Sisters being ones I currently have my eyes on. I highly recommend the game, which can be found here.

It's no Scarmiglione, but I believe this set is at least passable. One way or another, I need to clean out the cobwebs and get back into the contest, and that's only gonna happen if I post a set for once.

Edits:
5/08/12: Modified Hockey Man's mechanic after Katapultar's comment gave me an idea. Ice attacks that hit ledges now create low ice walls on that ledge. Useful for gimping AND for his wall-related attacks, without breaking his ability to continuously charge.
5/08/12: Reworded the playstyle slightly. I rushed through the initial draft of the writing, and I don't want to give the impression that his only trick is approaching. Expect a better write up when I get the chance.
5/09/12: Cut the duration of the ice created by Hockey Man's attacks in half. Fixed coasting to increase starting lag and reduced its duration slightly, in hopes of taking the focus off coasting and putting it on Ice Shield as I had originally hoped to. Rewrote the playstyle to reflect these changes.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
[collapse="Hockey Man"]Wow, so many users new and old posting sets in such a short timeframe! Or at least compared to what we were used to for a while. It's nice to see you back UserShadow, and just the feel of the set alone brings up a good deal of nostalgia from the likes of MYM6 and 8. I'm sure everyone around that time would say that to you, though.

This set reminds me of Gray Fullbuster if you've read that yet, though Hockey Man has a fairly unique way of shedding his ice using his approach move, and actually gains bonuses for his attacks by being on it so he can go right on the offensive - it's also quite interesting that he can use his foe's ice to his advantage, too, so he'd make for an interesting match-up between the aforementioned moveset. That said, with the days and ages gone by Hockey Man isn't wholesomely unique given there have been many sets that have done similar things - Ice Shield is probably the set's biggest highlight, and you do quite a good job on giving that signature attack the attention it needs. It pretty much makes him invincible and sets up his game at the same time, though when you think about it some of his attacks are naturally quite strong and his grab is characteristically powerful - I doubt you'd really need to re-use the Ice Shield when you can just keep attacking at your enemy and making use of the 10 seconds in which your ice lasts for with all the sliding you put your enemies through, especially with the F-Smash.

Hockey Man, as you'd expect, isn't all THAT great of a set, but he sure does try to turn the field into a hockey arena - he does seem like the character whose playstyle could massively benefit with walls given the nature of his moves like the Side Special, Down Special and F-Smash which are capable of exploiting them, though in that way I guess you're kinda paying tribute to both the actual game itself and the sport of hockey in that you aren't exactly going to have any walls to play around with - there probably were walls in his boss fight given the nature of the series, however. His playstyle is somewhat repetitive, like a sportsman using the same trick and tactics to win his every game - the many passive hitboxes of his attacks help emulate this and make him quite scary to fight head-on. Not too bad of a set for someone who's been out of the game for nearly 2 years, but welcome back none the less.

EDIT: Ah, I see you added a way to make the ice form into a wall at the edge of the stage. A very clever way to implement it, in which I have a much higher opinion of this set just because of that one tweak.[/collapse]

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Ico & Yorda

The intrepid duo of Ico and Yorda have arrived on the battlefield! Locked away in an cursed castle, one out of fear of his appearance and the other out of desire for her power, the two found each other out of luck. Although unable to understand each others language, they formed a partnership out of necessity that turned into an unbreakable alliance. Neither one was meant to survive their imprisonment, but together they have forged their own destiny. The will continue to fight for their freedom and for the chance to live another day...together.

Unique Mechanic: Devoted Defender
Putting this one up first, since it is integral to understanding how these two operate. The player controls Ico, the horned boy, while the wispy princess Yorda is controlled by AI. While Ico can certainly be knocked around like any other character, hitting him does not accrue any damage, nor does knocking him off the edge count as a kill against the team. Damage and kills can only be obtained by attacking Yorda. As she has no attacks of her own, Ico must protect her with his life to ensure both their survival. Ico's damage threshold matches the percentage Yorda has.

Yorda may not be able to fight for herself, but she isn't a sitting duck either. She will always gravitate to Ico's side, but will smartly stay away if he is engaged with an opponent. If an enemy comes at her, she will attempt to run and jump away from her pursuer.

Stats:
Size: Ico 5/10 -- Yorda 6/10
Weight: Ico 5/10 -- Yorda 3/10
Jumping: Ico 6/10 -- Yorda 2/10
Falling speed: Ico 6/10 -- Yorda 2/10
Walk speed: Ico 6/10 -- Yorda 7/10
Run speed: Ico 9/10 -- Yorda 7/10
Power: Ico 4/10 -- Yorda 0/10
Knockback: Ico 7/10 -- Yorda 0/10

Grab Maneuvers:

Unique Mechanic: I Won't Leave You
Unlike other characters, Ico cannot grapple his opponents. Instead, his grab ability interacts with Yorda. He will take her by the hand and they will be joined unless the grab button is pressed again or Ico is hit with a strong attack. While joined by hands, Ico can drag Yorda along behind him as he runs and jumps, allowing her to utilize his stats for these actions.

Because of this, many of Ico's moves have two variants; one by Ico alone (illustrated in orange) and one with Ico holding Yorda's hand (illustarted in blue)

The grab button offers the following alternate commands:

When Yorda Is Nearby: Ico grabs onto Yorda's hand.
When Yorda Is Away: Icon calls out to her and she runs to his side.
When Yorda And Ico Are Joined: Ico lets go of Yorda's hand.

Because of how the grab mechanic works, Ico does not have the ability to use any traditional throws. However, if the control stick is tilted up, left or right when Ico releases Yorda's hand, he will perform a series of unique tactics.

Forward Throw: Narrow Escape - Ico will clasp his hands together and Yorda will step on top of them. With a mighty lift, Ico will send Yorda soaring out of harms way at a 45 degree angle, allowing her to cover a substantial distance quickly.

Backward Throw: Reverse Narrow Escape - Ico will perform the same maneuver as the Forward Narrow Escape, except by hurling her backwards over his head. She will cover the same distance at the same angle and speed.

Up Throw: Maiden's Flight - Ico will once again perform the same maneuver as the Narrow Escapes, but instead throw Yorda straight upwards, allowing her to fall right back down to Ico's side. Since there is no angle, she will stay airborne for a longer time and have a slower descent.

Standard Attacks:

Neutral Attack: Staff Assault - Armed with his simple but sturdy stick, Ico swings the wooden staff out in front of him, first in two quick horizontal swings, than with a slower but more powerful overhead attack. This third hit results in a strong knockback, sending opponents flying backwards. Failing to connect, though, will result in a slow recovery. 2%/2%/7% Damage

Neutral Attack: Staff Haymaker - When holding onto Yorda's hand, Ico abandons the first two weaker hits and goes right for the overhead attack. It will happen slightly quicker than during the Staff Assault combo, but with less power, due to it being one-handed. It will maintain the same knockback effect. 5% Damage

Dash Attack: Battering Ram - Ico will vault forward, using his shoulder to run head on into opponents. The move causes little damage, but will send his targets flying backwards. 4% Damage

Dash Attack: Battering Duo - Ico will perform a Battering Ram attack and pull Yorda behind him. The initial vault will be shorter with her in tow, so they will cover less ground. 4% Damage

Foward Attack: Wooden Jab - Ico will hold onto one end of his stick, step forward and jab outward, effectively doubling his reach, but with lowered power and knockback. 3% Damage

Foward Attack: Wooden Thrust - Ico will perform a Wooden Jab attack, but Yorda will pull him back to his starting position afterward, so he does not move ahead any. 3% Damage

Up Attack: Wooden Arc - Ico will swing his stick overhead in an arcing fashion with average power and knockback. There is no difference in this move when Ico is joined with Yorda. 4% Damage

Down Attack: Scatter - Ico will swing his staff along the ground in a circle around himself, tripping up anyone it hits. 2% Damage

Down Attack: Mighty Scatter - Ico will have a delay in performing the Scatter technique but will add more power to it, knocking enemies back instead of tripping them up. 5% Damage

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Skullcracker - Ico will perform a powerful overhead strike, with additional knockback effects on top of those with the Staff Haymaker. 8% Damage

Forward Smash: Enhanced Skullcracker - Yorda infuses Ico's Skullcracker attack with green energy that adds a little additional power and causes an explosion of green lightening around the target, hitting anyone else close by. It also infuses the victim with the same energy until they hit the ground, resulting in them becoming an energized projectile against anyone in the way. 13% (initial hit)/6% (projectile) Damage

Up Smash: Frantic Arc - Ico will swing his stick around in an overhead arc multiple times back and forth, although he will stop once he comes in contact with an enemy. Less powerful than the Skullcracker, but more than the Wooden arc. 7% Damage

Up Smash: Enhanced Frantic Arc - Yorda will again add the green energy effect to Ico's attack, with the same properties as the Enhanced Skullcracker. 11% (initial hit)/6% (projectile) Damage

Down Smash: Ground Quaker - Ico will jump up in the air slightly and slam his stick down on the ground, causing a small area of effect attack around his feet. Opponents to either side of him that happen to be on the ground will be affected and sent flying backwards from a strong knockback effect. 7% Damage

Down Smash: Enhanced Ground Quaker - Yorda will once more power up Ico's attack with her green energy, giving the same effect as previous Enhanced Smash attacks to anyone damaged from the quake attack. 11% (initial hit)/6% (projectile) Damage

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Air: Zephyr Burst - Ico will curl up in a ball, then extend outward with his arms and legs, hitting anyone close by. Minimal damage from the hit, but again it packs a powerful knockback, sending enemies careening away from him. 3% Damage

Neutral Air: Cyclone Spin - Ico will spin himself and Yorda around in place, while holding his stick out at arms length. Less knockback than Zephyr Burst, but greater reach. 3% Damage

Forward Air: Sky Basher - Ico will grasp his staff in both hands and swings it at a downward diagonal fashion. 5% Damage

Forward Air: Sky Swatter - Ico performs a Sky Basher attack, but with only one hand, the power is slightly diminished. 4% Damage

Backward Air: Windrobber - Ico will jab the end of his stick behind him, delivering a quick, but weak hit. 1% Damage

Backward Air: 180 Defense - Ico will quickly whirl around, pulling Yorda behind him, and swing his stick around horizontally. 3% damage

Up Air: Windmill Spin - Ico will spin his stick around in his fingers, like windmill blades. It defaults directly overhead, but will tilt slightly in the direction he is moving. There is no difference in this move when Ico is joined with Yorda. 3% Damage

Down Air: Pogo Stick - Ico will position his stick like a pogo and rapidly drop down to the ground. If the attack does not connect with an enemy, pressing the standard attack button upon landing will cause Ico to vault forward from the stick's location with a kick. Doing so will cause him to release Yorda's hand if he is holding it. 5% (stick)/ 2% (kick) Damage

Special Attacks:

Neutral Special: Seek and Cover - Ico will target in on Yorda's position and perform a massive flying leap in her direction, stopping when he reaches her or lands on the ground again. Any enemies hit during this leap will be damaged and knocked away. If he reaches Yorda's position, he will cover her with his body for 3 seconds. During this time, Yorda is impervious to all attacks and any attacks that hit Yorda will be transferred to Ico instead, nulling damage. This includes large area effects (like explosions) and Final Smashes. If the attack is strong enough to launch Ico away, it will still do so. 3% Damage

Neutral Special: I Will Protect You - Ico will pull Yorda in close to him and cover her with his body for 5 seconds. During this time, Yorda is impervious to all attacks and any attacks that hit Yorda will be transferred to Ico instead, nulling damage. This includes large area effects (like explosions) and Final Smashes. If the attack is strong enough to launch Ico away, it will still do so. Pressing the control stick sharply to the left or right will break the cover.

Forward Special: To The Rescue - With a loud yell, Ico will lower his head so his horns are in front of him and dashes quickly forward, sending anyone he hits careening through the air at a 45 degree angle. He will continue forward regardless of the number of enemies he hits until he hits a wall, runs off a cliff, or the control stick is flicked in the opposite direction, which will bring him to a screeching halt (must be on the ground). The grab button may be employed in the middle of the dash to grab Yorda and drag her along behind him. 5% Damage

Forward Special: Into The Fray - Ico will perform the same move as To The Rescue, but Yorda will charge up Ico's body with green energy; the same as in their smash attacks. She will release him upon doing so, sending him off alone. Any enemies hit during the rush will let off an explosion of green lightening around their bodies and will similarly be imbued with the green energy, turning their flailing bodies into electrified projectiles. 8% (initial hit)/6% (projectile) Damage

Up Special: Lifeline - Ico takes a long rope from his side (length is approx. the distance of a small stage) and flails it out in Yorda's direction. If Yorda is close enough she will grab onto it. If Yorda is in the air and Ico is on the ground, or vice versa, you can flick the control stick to pull the other to safety. If you don't touch the control stick, they can continue holding the rope and leave one member dangling until they are interrupted. If they are both in the air, Ico can use the control stick to flail Yorda around and try to get her to ground so she can pull them both to safety. If either is hit in mid air, they will drop the connection.

Up Special: Belay Away - If Yorda is with Ico, he will toss her upward and at an angle (if the control stick is tilted) while she is holding onto the rope. If she lands on ground, a flick on the control stick will cause her to pull Ico to her. If Ico is on the ground instead, a flick on the control stick will bring her back to him. Operated similarly to Lifeline

Down Special: Sacred Idol - Ico will call a man-sized statue to arise from the ground at his feet (or under him if he is jumping). It will remain there unless Ico calls up another one somewhere else or it takes enough damage to crumble. However, if Yorda comes in contact with it, it will emit a green glow and and create an explosion of green lightning around it before crumbling. Like the smash attacks, it will turn anyone hit by the explosion into an energized projectile, but the range of the energy explosion is substantially larger than that of the smash attacks. There is no difference in this move when Ico is joined with Yorda, except the idol will ignite immediately after arising. 13% (initial hit)/6% (projectile)

Final Smash

Hallowed Ground: Seven Sacred Idols will rise up from the ground randomly across the stage. These idols looks slightly different than the other ones as they are larger and appear to be brimming with more energy. Indeed, igniting one of these idols with Yorda's touch with result in a massive energy burst with heavy damage attributed to the lightning and any energized enemies sent flying away. In addition, if the explosion of lightning or an energized opponent touches another idol, it will set that idol off as well, allowing several idols to create a chain of massive energy discharges. Dangerous on a larger stage and devastating on a smaller one. 20% (initial hit)/10% (projectile) Damage

Playstyle:

Like an inverse version of Ice Climbers, Ico and Yorda have a unique partnership that can take a long time to adjust to. Since he is unable to take damage, you can be somewhat reckless with Ico in battle, but you must always keep in mind where Yorda is and how much trouble she is in, since she cannot defend herself. Lacking any truly powerful attacks, especially by himself, Ico cannot simply brute force his way through a fight in hopes that he can take his opponents out faster than they can take out his partner. You have to play a long term game and focus on keeping Yorda safe and dish out whatever damage you can while doing so.

Thankfully, Ico is equipped with a lot of attacks the specialize in knocking his opponents away from him, even at low damage percentages, which helps to counteract his inability to throw enemies around. And even though he is somewhat small and less than sturdy, his high running and jumping speeds allow him to quickly return to the fray if he is sent flying outward. His quick speed and heavy knockback potential also make him dangerous near edges. Despite so many of Ico's moves geared toward playing keep away, the potential of combos are still there; if Yorda is surrounded and taking damage, Ico can jump in, us a down attack to trip up the flanking opponents and keep them in place long enough to use a Sacred Idol to send them flying.

The most challenging aspect is knowing when in any given situation if you will be better off holding Yorda's hand or not, considering the move set and play style changes depending. Ico can deal more damage and deliver greater knockback when he has two free hands to wield and swing his stick, but you will need to hold Yorda's hand to unleash her devastating inner power through smash attacks and Sacred Idols. Once you get that duality down pat, you will be able to use both to your advantage.

Extras:

Logo: A castle

Stage Entrance: A shadowy portal appears on the ground and Ico and Yorda both jump out of it.

Taunts:
1 - A butterfly flies out from behind Ico and flutters around his head for a bit.
2 - Ico taps his shoe with his stick non-chalantly
3 - Ico sticks his arm out and gives a thumbs-down sign.

Stage: The Windmill

*This is my first attempt at a moveset, so there is probably going to be some major flaws with it. Hopefully, I will get better with future ones. I just really like Ico and thought it would make a unique and fun mechanic. Feedback appreciated!

Top Bottom