• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 17 - Breaking Bad Mafia! Game over! Who won?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
shotty doesn't have much so that should be a quick reread. I got most of it in a post a few pages back.

Read on JD?

yeah, i'll get right on that *looks at all JD's posts and sees he has most so far *

Also, not to kick a boat i already overturned, but isn't it a little interesting how i call what seems to be almost everyone's "strong townie " read scum and only orbo himself and J bothered to disagree with me **excluding Ori who has stated as leaning scum on orbo *

Something to think about

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Also, not to kick a boat i already overturned, but isn't it a little interesting how i call what seems to be almost everyone's "strong townie " read scum and only orbo himself and J bothered to disagree with me **excluding Ori who has stated as leaning scum on orbo *

Something to think about
I look forward to seeing the results of this angle.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I look forward to seeing the results of this angle.
I look forward to either being crucified over it by everyone who had you as town, or seeing nothing happen because people want to see the results of Ori's flip *should he be hammered *

@everyoneTop two scumspects not including ori?

I still have my eyes on you and o-serin-o's slot, i still have a hard time believeing that the doc could epic predict all of one mafia's Nk's, so by virtue of that it would have to be someone less active

Orboknown

Smash Hero
serin's slot is something that needs fixing, looks like bardull might be replacing in.
I also want to see vinyl do more

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

serin's slot is something that needs fixing, looks like bardull might be replacing in.
I also want to see vinyl do more
I want to see people's reads on Atleate and by extension my slot, would be mos def interesting to see what people are thinking about it, especially now that someone who can be more active has /replaced into it, i haven't exactly posted a great deal yet, but probably enough for people to get some sort of read on me.

Also , second thing to think about : I call orbo / zen's slot scum, orbo and to some extent J invite me into the "townie brohood"

Orboknown

Smash Hero
man why you tunneling me so hard/
you're null town at the moment. I like how you are bringing content to the table form a new look but no idea how you say I'm scum when you haven't pointed out anything I have done scummy and merely questioned things Zen has done.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
after rereading through im still feeling nulltown on JD. his early game spoke town and I can buy his exasperation as for why he has fallen off lately. I do worry slightly about how he has been following my slot's voting patterns for the most part but that'll sort itself out soon.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

man why you tunneling me so hard/
you're null town at the moment. I like how you are bringing content to the table form a new look but no idea how you say I'm scum when you haven't pointed out anything I have done scummy and merely questioned things Zen has done.
A great and powerful mod once said :

Orboknown wrote:

if you have a gut feeling, roll with it. look for evidence to support you.
Town goodness comes with time, I'm still not that great a townie.
So that's what i am doing, i looked for evidence i felt supported zen's slot as scum and now by extension i'll be doing the same for how you post

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

except fixating on things can make you oblivious to what is actually going on.
unless what's going on is still forefront in my mind, now that i have stated my reads on most players, i'll probably do some on the ones i missed, look for stuff, and most of all still be opposed to hammering anyone yet

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

why not simply ask for someone to unvote then so we don't run the risk if lynching while you are doing stuff?
that would as good as condemning the town wouldn't if i turn up nothing of particular use and another townie is lost to NK, then i would have done nothing but create a big mess for town, which is mos def not what i want

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Bardull replaces Serin! Please welcome him to the game!

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!
Deadline 5/16, 11:59 PM EST

Vinyl. [0]
Anomandaris_Rake [0]
Ori_bro [4] Jdietz, J, Vinyl, Orboknown
Bardull [1] Anomandaris_Rake
Shottymaster [0]
Jdietz [0]
Orboknown [0]
J [0]

Not voting: Bardull, Shottymaster., Ori_bro

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Hey doods.

And holy ****, 30 pages to read through O_O; guess I'll get started, probably won't post until later tonight though.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Only on page 16, but those are my reads so far. Everyone else is kinda null or I skimmed over them because jesus this is a lot to read T_T

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Bardull, what do you think of me? I'm at L1 and have claimed. When you get closer, do you feel everyone has the wrong guy framed?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Like Anomandaris. Gonna look over some shizzle here and there but he has DEFINITELY got my seal of approval.

I want Orbo dead.

J, where is your head at? I'm starting to get a little worried about you for completely disregarding Zen/Orbo's play. Ran was being TownRan and Zen pushed for his lynch without much deliberation ._. that was just awful.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm gonna be afk for a couple hours. If you see me viewing the thread, I'm viewing on my phone which I refuse to post mafia stuff on since I always make typos.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Zen is VERY familiar with Ranmaru and Ranmaru was doing his usual town telling. I've also played with both of them and something about Zen does NOT sit well with me in how he pushed Ran's wagon without trying to get more thoughts out of Ran. He more or less followed Kary/Jdietz in their push and god it's just bad.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Like, there was NO attempt at trying to understand Ran and where he was coming from, only mindless pushing and a firm scum read from Zen.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Anywho, I'm gonna BRB 3-4 hours, bike ride. I haven't decided on whether or not I'm going to vote for Ori_Bro since I still need to reread him and see what exactly the case on him is.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Rake, where is your vote going now that it is not on Bardull.

Hi Bardull! Thanks for replacing in! Zen, I just can read him well. That's not a real reason but the reason I like Orbo/Zen is because I can't see the scummy intent behind that slot's posts. Orbo is trying to figure out who is scum and seems to be looking at things and analyzing material he has. What exactly do you find scummy about that slot moreso than they just are?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I guess the only thing I need to say, is that we have another Vitamin C situation.

Everyone is convinced I'm scum, which like VC is false. It is being pushed by someone dumb, and the mafia members are going along with it adding bits to the case so the person who pushed feels like they are spot on.

I want you all to remember, if/when I am lynched and D4 starts. Town is going to drop from 5 (plus 3 mafia members) to possibly 4 or 3 townies left (depending on how doctor acts during the night phase). I honestly though about just voting for myself yesterday, just to see how it would play out and how fast town would lose.

To Answer your questions,

• I goofed lol, I actually forgot I made that post, if you find that believable. I forgot to double check if I had a past read on you. That post totally slipped by. You definitely have a role, whether its mafia or doctor. Maybe thats why it wasn't sitting right.

• I guess JD can't read sarcasm lol. I was joking about the "I will follow J because he is my god." I've only played mafia with him once or twice lol.
• My impressions on every person has changed throughout this mafia game, its the nature of the game. I can trust someone then a few posts can be made and boom I want your head on the chopping block.
• I had no intentions on trying to get JD's vote off me. I was asked for my opinions and I gave them. I haven't even made a decision on who I want to vote for yet as a lynch target today. Even though J is a person I suspect I don't know if he is the one I want to be lynched today.
Unvote

I really like this post by Ori. o_o

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaap, gotta re-evaluate some thingies first.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ori, tell me by voting them in your next post, who do you want dead toDay instead of your slot?

o_o <--- Look into my eyes and tell me who is scummy. I need to see independent stuff on you. There is no one inactive anymore to just jump on that bandwagon, tell me who is legitly scummy in your eyes.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

A question for Rake/Orbo/Vinyl/Bardull/Shotty. Who would like to tell me the difference between Ori's response to the pressure mounting on him or Ditzy's response to the pressure mounting on him? Tell me who you think is the more likely to flip scum out of these two people. If you must, give like a number figure. What makes them scummier over the other candidate?

I think this game needs a little...magic to spruce it up a bit since it is becoming a bit dry.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
JD, J, Rake- who you guys gonna look at tomorrow, if oriscum and if oritown, as unlikely as that seems now.
My initial thought is that I would play it by ear on Ori_scum and look into J on Ori_town, but for reasons you'll soon see it's going to be J either way assuming no new info from the night phase. (last quote addresses this)
I just wanna say I support this 100%.

JD not that I don't believe you but can you link me to your defense of Vinyl? I don't remember reading that.
Iirc it was during the early portion of D2, people had it in their mind that Vinyl was still scummy and the primary lynch candidate even after Ran flipped town. Since my Vinyl read was heavily dependent on Ran's alignment I had to set some people straight that while he's incredibly stupid he wasn't our top scum pick.

I guess the only thing I need to say, is that we have another Vitamin C situation.

Everyone is convinced I'm scum, which like VC is false. It is being pushed by someone dumb, and the mafia members are going along with it adding bits to the case so the person who pushed feels like they are spot on.

I want you all to remember, if/when I am lynched and D4 starts. Town is going to drop from 5 (plus 3 mafia members) to possibly 4 or 3 townies left (depending on how doctor acts during the night phase). I honestly though about just voting for myself yesterday, just to see how it would play out and how fast town would lose.

To Answer your questions,

I goofed lol, I actually forgot I made that post, if you find that believable. I forgot to double check if I had a past read on you. That post totally slipped by. You definitely have a role, whether its mafia or doctor. Maybe thats why it wasn't sitting right.

I guess JD can't read sarcasm lol. I was joking about the "I will follow J because he is my god." I've only played mafia with him once or twice lol.
My impressions on every person has changed throughout this mafia game, its the nature of the game. I can trust someone then a few posts can be made and boom I want your head on the chopping block.
• I had no intentions on trying to get JD's vote off me. I was asked for my opinions and I gave them. I haven't even made a decision on who I want to vote for yet as a lynch target today. Even though J is a person I suspect I don't know if he is the one I want to be lynched today.

I hate this post. I hate it and am certain I want you hammered by days end.

Orange: Nothing but horrible FUD. This isn't the time to spew about how bad a ML would be, unless you were dead set on us being crippled by fear to clear yourself. You dedicated a whole three paragraphs to instill fear in us on a fact we're already aware of and have to face no matter who gets lynched, you or not you.

Green: You're not supposed to have to forget you made a post to be consistent in opinions. Only scum would have to worry about that, as town you would merely be posting what you felt when you felt it and things would line up naturally.

Yellow: That's not what sarcasm is Ori, and it doesn't mitigate the meaning of your statement. Sarcasm is making an obviously false/degrading statement for humors sake like "No, of course the house is supposed to be on fire", not what you did here. You exaggerated your opinion of J for humor (of course you don't literally think he's a god), but your intent to follow him was clear and was not a joke, as you did follow him.

Red: Yes that happens in mafia games, but you have to give reasons for it. Merely stating that your opinion has changed doesn't mean it's a valid decision. Like my renewed zeal for lynching you can be considered a change of opinion, but I'm currently giving you all the reasons for it. You didn't, you just piggybacked on my J paranoia, and since you didn't elaborate, I can only assume it was to gain sympathy.

yeah, i'll get right on that *looks at all JD's posts and sees he has most so far *

Something to think about
I'm waiting to see where you go with it. I think it's a misguided angle, but even pushing a terrible angle can be beneficial (either to see who supports it, or if your push it bad enough to reveal you as scum reaching for lynches)

Oh yeeaaaaaahhh!

Bardull, I want you reeeeeaaaads!
Oh yeeaaaaaahhh!

Vinyl, I want you reeeeeaaaads!

Unvote

I really like this post by Ori. o_o

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaap, gotta re-evaluate some thingies first.
And I hate hate hate that you actually like his horrible attempt at a "save me" post. Like are you serious? At what point does that begin to clear Ori. You die next.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
It does not clear Ori at all nor did I say it did. I said I liked Ori's post and it seems the only reason you are so vehement against me liking Ori's post is because it is boiling down to you or Ori for the lynch.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Since this is the only type of post i will make on my phone, I will respond to your request J.

Vote: JD

I'll still be here on my phone, but i'm at a friend's house.

:phone:

Top Bottom