• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Rules:
  • 4 stock, 8 Minute Time Limit
  • Sets will be either best-of-3
  • Items OFF
  • Team Attack ON
  • Pause Disabled during Teams
  • Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks remaining, then lower (total in teams) percentage. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time runs out with both players at equal percent, a one-stock, three-minute rematch will be played on the same stage.
  • Master Hand is banned
  • Continuing uninterruptible moves past 300% will result in a forfeit

Stage List:
Singles
Starters:
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Dream Land 64
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Yoshi’s Story
Counterpicks:
  • Pokémon Stadium
  • Brinstar
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Mute City

Teams:
Replace:
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Mute City
Add:
  • Corneria
  • KJ64
  • Jungle Japes
  • Mushroom Kingdom 2

Set Procedure:
  1. Players may agree to begin with MBR5 shortened stage list. If there is agreement, players strike from there using the pattern P1-P2-P2-P1, and counter-stages are limited to those stages only.
  2. If there is no agreement, players will begin striking from the list of 11 in the same pattern. The first three stages banned by each player are banned for the set. The remaining 5 stages will be open for counterpicks after the first round is played.
  3. Resuming from there, striking will then continue until the first-round stage is selected.
  4. After the first round, the losing player will select a counter-stage from the remaining choices, then the winning player will select his character, then the losing player will select his character.
  5. No stage may be played twice, unless both players agree.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
omg well if they only listen to people that complain about it then ofc they think they should change it. nobody that likes it will be in the FC ruleset discussion thread...because we dont care. thats stupid

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
anger

it was a big thread which means lots of people argued about it in there, so clearly that's not true

@mahone I can but I'm in shelby and leaving for a beach trip tomorrow

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm actually going with a couple friends of mine

we're going to hang out at UNCW

NO ONE IN WILMINGTON CAN PLAY SMASH WITH ME AAAAAHAHAHAHAAHA

nah idc we should sneak away sometime to battle/you guys come to where I'll be to battle

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
You should stop in Raleigh for a few days on your way there, or your way back. I want to get beaten up by your Ganon/Kirby/Pichu.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
wtf do you mean no one in wilmington can play you?

either way, i wouldn't even mind just gettin ****d up in a beach house with dr peepee. my number is 336-686-7961 if you didn't have it already. i'm unemployed and rather bored, so if you think it'd be cool, just hit me up so we can chill.

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
I can have people play at my place since I am on baby duty if anyone want to play. Don't have any old school TVs to play smash though.

HOLLA

:phone:

Roy!

Smash Rookie
If melee were to be ran at Rockem Sockem who would be interested in coming? Brawl was ran this past weekend and it was pretty successful, so I may be able to get Melee there on alternating tournaments.
Provided gas doesn't get crazy expensive, I should be able to make it to these going forward.

Hey would NC melee attend a tourney I host in Charlotte with melee... It will be brawl marvel and melee... at UNCC on June 2nd?
Yup.... I'd be in for all 3 events :cool:

Top Bottom