• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSB: Another melee tournament, are we cool yet... BEING STREAMED!!!

D

Deleted member

edit:

mango is probably going to stay up till 9 am hes not responding to my going otu of the way to pick him up for free so idk

D

Deleted member

my car just got fixed

gunna make a journey to pick up mango then wesballz then oscar then joey

if teams starts before we get there **** u ****en *** face f*****s (jk start if we're too late)

D

Deleted member

this tournament was pretty legit, think i woulda had a happier 4 years of my life if went to school here or at santa cruz

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
such an amazing venue

super professional

except for one thing

which happens in every tournament

especially since sheridan opted for a reprieve of TOing

we needed kevin paul to play less friendlies and do more ordering around. that's what the mic's for, man! when you're a TO, you have to make a decision: do i want to be a great TO or not? if i do, i need to realize i won't be playing many friendlies. as simple as that.

i swear i did 4 or 5 of my pools match and then let other people do pools. i go around cheering my friends. THIRTY MINUTES LATER the same people are playing pools matches. no, not other people in the pool they need to play. THE VERY SAME PERSON THEY WERE PLAYING WHEN I LEFT. wtf dude? did you just friendly all day? i go to get sfat and he's playing friendlies with dajuan after his teams match when he has everybody in his pool to play.

i doubt my pool was the only one like this.

irresponsible smashers can't do **** unless THE MAN is ordering them around. well **** dude, i paid my venue fee like everyone else. run the tournament!

if pools is going to take this long then we simply shouldn't have them. to run pools efficiently i think you need to make everyone stay at their stationed pools TVs until the ENTIRE POOL is done. no food, no friendlies, no teams matches. finish teams 100%. while we're waiting for teams, we enjoy our friendlies. as soon as pools is made, super aggro dictator mode to finish pools. it'll only be for 90-120 minutes. then soon after bracket gets going we have tons of friendlies going on again as people spectate the bracket matches

i had a lot of fun at this tournament but i simply can't make the time commitment and lose all the sleep, so i highly doubt i'll go to one of these again.

that said great seeing everybody, wish we got to hang out more away from smash. talking about interests away from smash and getting to know my comrades is the best part

real shoutouts when the results are posted

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
This tournament was really awesome. Pools ran a little late but bracket finished hella fast in comparison. Definitely a miracle I made the drive back home from LA being as tired as I was. Anyway, ****ing awesome seeing norcal, you guys are as cool as ever. Lots of time to play friendlies, good number of setups, AMAAAAAAZING LIVESTREAM, and hyped bracket matches.

Full shoutouts later for sure

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Kevin: I could kiss you for running such a great tournament. You're the man. Holy crap.
Joey: Same goes to you for getting the stream guys and for housing norcal.
Gosu: Thanks for helping and letting me try some steak.

socal thanks for coming and getting norcal to come.
norcal thanks for making the long drive and making this tournament regional level.

SacaSuMoto

Smash Journeyman
Sheridan: I will get much better at the puff matchup and challenge you again
Sung: dude you need to come to SB more often so you can keep teaching about the falco match up, you're a really nice person
Shroomed: Dude I wish I could have played you more! Your doc has a lot of swag. Haha! Good ****!
Commonyoshi: we are going to get a lot better as long as we keep playing! Haha the match for 5th place in our pools was so silly
KOCast: thanks a lot guys for streaming and recording the tournament, it was because of you guys that the tournament was so legit. Hope we can do this more often!
Mango: duuuude mango you're sooooo rapeeee haha watching you pwn our friend with pichu and Kirby was hysterical.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
i had a good time! the stream so freaking amazing, hope yall can do something like this again. shoutous in results thread probably.

also that quesanachorito thing was so good, never having another burrito unlike that again

LOL fly

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
arian did i leave my controller in your car?

it's black and you can tell if it's mine because there's no rumble so it's really light

gonna suck if i did cuz i wont touch this game til i get it back =/

sup mew2king

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Here is the link to the entire stream archive for the tournament.

http://www.twitch.tv/kocast/b/317985396
Will these eventually be uploaded to YouTube? If not, can you make sure to save that whole stream archive? Just bringing it up because I remember one of my streams getting lost once because apparently Twitch TV auto-deletes it after a couple weeks if you don't officially save it :glare:

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
sure taking a long time for results

yeah i know, finals and all that. but it's kinda funny cause there were like 5 other tournaments across the world on the same day with results posted the same day

and you lose the luster for doing comprehensive shoutouts as the days go by

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
sure taking a long time for results

yeah i know, finals and all that. but it's kinda funny cause there were like 5 other tournaments across the world on the same day with results posted the same day

and you lose the luster for doing comprehensive shoutouts as the days go by
I agree dont feel like doin shoutouts anymore... Meh I still might

Results doesnt take long to post

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
lol i asked ppl at the tourny if they wanted the bracket bc im rlly lazy when it comes to this stuff. i check this site like once a week

doubles
1: Lovage + S2J
2: Wes + Mango
3: Bob$ + SFAT
4: Baka + Sung
5: Shroomed + Kool Kid
5: Stab + Alan
7: Joeplicate + Nicholas M Whittier
7: Sheridan + Adam
9: Raqu + Sniper
9: Dantefox + Rawrs
9: JoeJoe + Tarheeljks
9: The Crimson Blur + Wha
13: Starving Container + Saca
13: Raish + TH3M4NR0CK5
13: A Rookie + CommonYoshi
13: Ahmad + Sparky
17: Noata + L

singles
1: Mango
2: Lovage
3: Wes
4: Shroomed
5: SFAT
5: S2J
7: Joeplicate
7: Bob$
9: Stab
9: Adam
9: Sung
9: Baka4moe
13: Sparky
13: Alan
13: Dantefox
13: L
17: Ahmad
17: Unknownpresence
17: SideFX
17: Sniper
17: Huy
17: JoeJoe
17: Kool Kid
17: Sheridan

also adam: i do agree with you, but two things
1. my pool was last to finish bc i was trying to do some of what u explained. bottom line is ranked players dont do whats asked right away usually and i personnaly dont care. if it gets to the point where it is a problem ill step in which i did when bracket started (which is why i would like to think it ran so quickly)

2. the community has a responsiblilty too. i make ppl pool leaders for a reason, if they dont do whats asked of them (which they agree to) then thats more on them than the TO

Top Bottom