• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup 10: GTA - Falco City, Toronto, ON (5/19/2012)

unknown522

Some guy

Singles:

35 Entrants:

1: Unknown522 ($190) :foxmelee:
2: I.B. ($90) :falcomelee: :marthmelee:
3: Kirbykaze ($35.00) :sheikmelee: :peachmelee:
4: Sauc3 ($15) :foxmelee:
5: Izek ($10) :falcomelee:
5: Idea ($10) :jigglypuffmelee:
7: THE REAL NICK (Ministry) :sheikmelee:
7: Europhoria :marthmelee:
9: Sanuzi :foxmelee:
9: Reis :marthmelee: :foxmelee:
9: Hammertime :icsmelee:
9: JPOBS :foxmelee:
13: T.O. Joe :sheikmelee:
13: Sleaf :foxmelee:
13: Weon-x :foxmelee: (Forfeit)
13: SummonedFist :foxmelee:

Doubles:

8 Teams:

1: Team Fluffy (Unknown522 + KK) ($95.00) :foxmelee: / :sheikmelee:
2: Weon-x (Weon-x + I.B.) ($50.00) :foxmelee: / :falcomelee:
3: Hitbox of a Snail (JPOBS + Sauc3) ($15.00) :foxmelee: / :foxmelee:
4: Idea (Idea + SummonedFist) :jigglypuffmelee: / :foxmelee:
5: Sanuzi+Bryon (Sanuzi + Byron) :foxmelee: / :foxmelee:
5: Hot Sweet Monkey Love (Europhoria + Jagg) :marthmelee: / :falcomelee:
7: Indeed (Ministry + Windrose) :sheikmelee: / :falconmelee:
7: Grab to get off (Falcowned + Dan) :falcomelee: / ?

Amateur Bracket:

15 Entrants:

1: Windrose ($18) :falconmelee:
2: RoidRage ($9) :foxmelee:
3: Yhii ($3) :sheikmelee:
4: The Pizz :falcomelee:
5: Eternal :marthmelee:
5: Bernal :foxmelee:
7: Watermelon :falcomelee:
7: Joe :foxmelee:
9: TastyGoldFish :samusmelee:
9: Jethrotex :peachmelee:
9: Powersurge47 :foxmelee: :falcomelee:
9: Bing :foxmelee: :marthmelee:
13: Falcowned :falcomelee:
13: Dan ?
13: Scyther :falcomelee:

Pools:

1: Kirbykaze
1: Unknown522
1: I.B.
1: Weon-x
5: Idea
5: Sauc3
5: Europhoria
5: Izek
9: Hammertime
9: Reis
9: JPOBS
9: Sanuzi
13: Sleaf
13: THE REAL NICK
13: T.O. Joe
13: SummonedFist
17: Byron
17: Watermelon
17: TastyGoldFish
17: Windrose
21: Yhii
21: Falcowned
21: Scyther
21: Powersurge47
25: Bernal
25: Bing
25: Piff
25: RoidRage
29: Tocks
29: Joe
29: BlackGold
29: Eternal
33: Jethrotex
33: The Pizz
33: K-oh

Good turnout. A little behind schedule, but not too bad.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Fun Tournament, upset that I didn't get to say to play in Amateur Bracket. Had to go to my Neighbours wedding.

I'm also a bit upset with myself. I definitely felt like I wasn't playing as well as I could have been.

Oh well, Mewtwo will get you all next time (And if he doesn't, Ganondorf will :p)

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
This was probably my worst tournament performance to date.

1. I need to work on my mindset- people were telling me "Yhii you were doing good and then you got hit/killed and lost control and got ***** afterwords."

2. I might as well get ***** playing characters I enjoy- so goodbye Sheik. Hi Samus.

3. As soon as pools were over... I was finished. Negative, pessimistic attitude ruined my tournament experience and I was hardly in a mood to play- but that's my fault. I will try to work on my mindset.

4. We had a lot of entrants. Surprising. It was good seeing everyone again, I need to unrust/work on my tournament nerves too. It doesn't help that I'm bad.

I guess this is my shoutout. Whatever. Until next time, hopefully I'm not such a scrub by the time Impulse rolls around.

unknown522

Some guy
I.B beat kk? i hope those were recorded
no recordings at this one.

The guy who was supposed to stream didn't get back to me.

I'm gonna try to bring a recording setup at the next one. There were some hype matches going down at this. Also the amateur bracket was really entertaining to watch (for me at least.) the top 5 or so were legit matches

:phone:

unknown522

Some guy
The fact that the other out of towners came made this tourney pretty sick (sauc3, JPOBS, Ministry, Byron, SummonedFist, etc).

JPOBS is such a joker.

Also shutouts to T.O. Joe for being such a cool mofo and making it to bracket with all those death pools.

Izek

Smash Cadet
1: Unknown522 - good **** as always.
2: I.B. :falcomelee: ****. i apologize for a bad falco ditto performance :(. i'll do better next time. ;)
3: Kirbykaze - we actually didn't play but good. and thanks for that sorta shiek tip stuff... lol
4: Sauc3 - didn't play you.
5: Izek - surprised i got this far. but nice.
5: Idea - didn't play.
7: THE REAL NICK (Ministry) - gg
7: Europhoria - didn't play
9: Sanuzi - fun friendlies.
9: Reis - play later. zelda bingo rematch.
9: Hammertime didn't play
9: JPOBS - don't stop talking :D
13: T.O. Joe - iunno
13: Sleaf - iunno
13: Weon-x - por qué!!!!
13: SummonedFist - fun set yet really stupid lol... but ggs hope to play u again.

yhii - samus....... -.-

Last edited:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I must conquer my craptastic mindset.

GGs everyone. Nice bird, Imadh. Thanks for the ****, Ryan. Get some sleep, Camilo.

Everyone else - keep on smashin' :)

np4944

Smash Rookie
GGs to everyone in my pools/amateur bracket. Shoutouts to all those who gave me some great advice (Jack, Kurtis for the past week, Camilo, etc.) and took some time out to play some friendlies with me I had a blast and this was pretty well run. I'm gonna train up a bit more and hopefully try to make it out of pools for once

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Unknown522- Good s*** winning two tourneys in two days
I.B. - I don't think I've played you yet, let's do that sometime
KirbyKaze - I need your guidance :(
Sauc3 - You have cool hair
Idea - Fun pools match, I've never faced a tarantula.
Sanuzi - We still didn't get to play, next time.
Sleaf - You're cool
JPOBS - I was entertained by your trashtalking.
Weon-x - Sorry I wasn't there to tuck you in, I guess it cost you the tourney :(
Windrose - You're asian, nuff said.
Roidrage - Thanks for being Falcon Punch :D
The Pizz - Your combos were rather nice, I guess
TastyGoldFish - Don't drink the green tea

Everyone else, Iunno

Tocks - no

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
KirbyKaze: Why must you be so good with every character?

Sauc3: One of the few people that knew exactly what to do vs IC's, good stuff

Idea: Hopefully some day I'll be able beat your puff. good games

Byron: Nice Marth, our set was too close

Bing: Fun ditto's as always, even with the total mess that is IC dittos lol

Weon-x: You were half asleep and you didn't use your main yet you still pwned me 2-0, good job

Yhii: Nice work knocking Pizz out of brackets

Pizz: Stop being such an amateur

Bernal: You know the ICs matchup a bit better now, keep working at it and soon you'll be able to 3 stock me

Windrose: We didn't get to play but congrats on winning amateur's. Let's do a sauga tourney some time soon

GG's to anyone else I played

unknown522

Some guy
GGs to everyone in my pools/amateur bracket. Shoutouts to all those who gave me some great advice (Jack, Kurtis for the past week, Camilo, etc.) and took some time out to play some friendlies with me I had a blast and this was pretty well run. I'm gonna train up a bit more and hopefully try to make it out of pools for once
Where've you been all my life?

Windrose

Smash Lord
Justin should've came. now we'll never get to see whoo is the better ice climbers.

imo

hammertime is the wobbles of our community and justin is the fly amanita.

EDIT:

here are my reasons:
-justin prefers to go fancy things off grabs instead of normal chain grabs like hand offs, and that crazy f-smash to instant regrab thing that fly does. he also has a few creative janky combos. so he's definitely playing more of a fly amanita style IC.
-hammer time uses the green palette so he's wobbles.

Shoutouts to car crashes

===========

was GF falco dittoes?

unknown522

Some guy
Justin should've came. now we'll never get to see whoo is the better ice climbers.

imo

hammertime is the wobbles of our community and justin is the fly amanita.

EDIT:

here are my reasons:
-justin prefers to go fancy things off grabs instead of normal chain grabs like hand offs, and that crazy f-smash to instant regrab thing that fly does. he also has a few creative janky combos. so he's definitely playing more of a fly amanita style IC.
-hammer time uses the green palette so he's wobbles.

Shoutouts to car crashes

===========

was GF falco dittoes?
not even close about the ICs part.

And yeah I went fox all tourney. Even in pools. Trying to save time + needed to practice

Windrose

Smash Lord
Woah woah okay yeah. I'm going to strongly disagree too. Justin's ICs is pretty good!!

Ryan, not even close as of skill level but what about style wise?

=================

tinman said raynex was going to show up later that day after his fighter's tournament. did he come for friendlies?

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure who Justin is but if he's even a slightly recognizable name in the smash community then I'm sure he's better than me at the moment.

I still have so many things that I need to practice with IC's, as well as things that I just simply need to learn in the first place. I only started using IC's in February.

I've been trying to bring a new tactic to every monthly, hopefully soon I'll know them all

unknown522

Some guy
i'll be the first to strongly disagree with this.

shoutouts soon
you can be the second

Woah woah okay yeah. I'm going to strongly disagree too. Justin's ICs is pretty good!!

Ryan, not even close as of skill level but what about style wise?

=================

tinman said raynex was going to show up later that day after his fighter's tournament. did he come for friendlies?
style.

anyways, justin is better no offence.

also no raynex

I'm not sure who Justin is but if he's even a slightly recognizable name in the smash community then I'm sure he's better than me at the moment.

I still have so many things that I need to practice with IC's, as well as things that I just simply need to learn in the first place. I only started using IC's in February.

I've been trying to bring a new tactic to every monthly, hopefully soon I'll know them all
that's good. keep it up

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
just got back from the cottage,sorry i had to leave early guys, hope everyone had fun, this was a great experience for my first melee tournament, ill try to make it out to more, hopefully i can improve off what everyones told me cause im so ignorant and bad at all things melee lol :(

wall of text incoming !!!!!!

1: Kirbykaze - thanks for the advice, ur sheik is super smart and crazy,i envy that cause she seems like shes such a robotic character to use, i will try to fill the shoes of the mediocre sheik you need me to be for practice..thanks for the advice :)
1: Unknown522 grats on winning the tournament,wish i coulda stayed longer to watch the sets but duty calls sometimes, thanks for hosting this and being understanding to my situation in case i was late, that meant alot, its always fun hanging out w. you
1: I.B. was great seeing you after so long,dude you definitely grew lmao ggs in pools you wrecked me,grats on bracket
1: Weon-x youre really good and are chill, thanks for the 4stocks before tournament im sad you got in worse shape as the tourney went on :( next time man!
5: Idea - thanks for the advice and being honest with me when you didnt know the answer to something LOL<3 ggs in 64 hopefully we can play some melee friendlies down the line
5: Sauc3 - thanks for the advice too dude it helped a lot, your really good at simplifying things for me in melee to help me improve, really clutch in doubles in that set i saw gj in brackets for singles too
5: Europhoria ggs in pools, man you ***** me with marth on your cp and mine good stuff,those ken combos were sick
5: Izek buh
9: Hammertime buh
9: Reis buh
9: JPOBS ggs in pools and 64, i could tell from meeting you that you bring the hype haha our games were fun
9: Sanuzi man you really make me think when you play, dont know what it was about your playstyle that is so challenging but you were one of the hardest people ive had to play in any fighting game, you were going crazy vs me in bracket
13: Sleaf ggs
13: THE REAL NICK ggs
13: T.O. Joe
13: SummonedFist nice seeing you after such a long time, nice car lol :p
17: Byron buh
17: Watermelon buh
17: TastyGoldFish buh
17: Windrose awesome gfs of am bracket lol, that was sick
21: Yhii thanks for sheik advice, im glad to see you still are around after you stopped playing brawl, rip yoshi tho :[
21: Falcowned buh
21: Scyther ggs in pools and friendlies, really unique playstyle!
21: Powersurge47 buh
25: Bernal buh
25: Bing dead and divine is too legit, props
25: Piff fun friendlies!
25: RoidRage am gfs were nuts, you have a really good fox, thanks for the help you put up with alot of questions from me lol ggs in friendlies
29: Tocks buh
29: Joe buh
29: BlackGold that cg was cancelled, actually it was REALLY cancelled, i forgot that existed :p..and if you wanted to make a jab at the fact i do cheap mindless things with brawl it would have been better to compare it to my brawl falco. It even sucks like your ganon too.Nah just kidding man good games, you ***** me that second game
29: Eternal buh
33: Jethrotex buh
33: The Pizz **** i cant remember if i was talking to the Piff or the Pizz, this is awkward im sorry ;_;
33: K-oh buh

I forgot some peoples tags but anyone i talked to and played i liked so thanks for everything to all that i missed :)

Last edited:

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
29: BlackGold that cg was gay, actually it was REALLY gay, i forgot that existed :p..and if you wanted to make a jab at the fact i do cheap mindless things with brawl it would have been better to compare it to my brawl falco. It even sucks like your ganon too.Nah just kidding man good games, you ***** me that second game
lol it wasn't really ****, it was just a one stock. then you three stocked me game 3 >.<

We have to play at the next Brawl tournament :p

Top Bottom