• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Got 5th out of 13 at Smash it up and 2nd out of 7 at Proj M.

I'm rusty as hell and got pretty salty overall, I need to hit the lab as far as skill goes and as far as my respect levels go. I made a bit of an ****** out of myself and acted like an ******* to Vinnie. *Sigh* Time to grow up even though Im practically 24.

/Complaints & Johns

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well congrats on the placings. If anyone ever wants to play on wifi with me for kicks, I'm available right now for a while until I have to take care of some yard work. Then it will be later tonight.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I need to hit the lab as far as skill goes and as far as my respect levels go.
I get your post except this sentence's specific meaning :c.

'It happens :ohwell:.

@ Bomber7
I'll play wifi:bee:. If you add my FC and host I'll join in 5 minutes.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
double post because my games sucked. Sorry for wasting your time Rizen. I thought I could get my mind off the problems I'm facing right now with Brawl, but wifi is only making my attitude worse.

Rizen

Smash Legend
double post because my games sucked. Sorry for wasting your time Rizen. I thought I could get my mind off the problems I'm facing right now with Brawl, but wifi is only making my attitude worse.
No problem. I know exactly how that is:urg:. I SD 3x as much if I'm upset. GGs:). At least you had the sense to quit and take a break ...I need to learn that :/ . Sorry something's bothering you:(.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
No problem. I know exactly how that is:urg:. I SD 3x as much if I'm upset. GGs:). At least you had the sense to quit and take a break ...I need to learn that :/ . Sorry something's bothering you:(.
I was also distracted so bad during our match. One friend trying to call me on skype to see if his new mic was working, my phone vibrating nonstop from my tournament sponsor about Smashcon coming up and new problems we are facing , plus with my performance on wifi. I just wasn't there. At least I have you registered for another time.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I was also distracted so bad during our match. One friend trying to call me on skype to see if his new mic was working, my phone vibrating nonstop from my tournament sponsor about Smashcon coming up and new problems we are facing , plus with my performance on wifi. I just wasn't there. At least I have you registered for another time.
Ugh, I know how that is too:glare:. I hate knowing I can play so much better but I'm doing bad because lag/mood/interruptions:mad:.
I'll keep you registered and maybe we can play some other time. At least our connection was good.
I hate Falco and DDD. :laugh:
You and most mid and low tier players. I have to admire their sense of humor in naming their social thread:
[General/Social] DDD Social: Everyone above Dedede on the tier list should be banned.
lol

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Ugh, I know how that is too:glare:. I hate knowing I can play so much better but I'm doing bad because lag/mood/interruptions:mad:.
I'll keep you registered and maybe we can play some other time. At least our connection was good.

You and most mid and low tier players. I have to admire their sense of humor in naming their social thread:
[General/Social] DDD Social: Everyone above Dedede on the tier list should be banned.
lol
All things considering, I'm glad my internet connection is not that bad. The lag is tolerable but it does mess up reaction times sometimes. There were so many times when I tried to either zair you or grab you and it didn't go through when I know it should have. If I stop playing TL or PT online it's because the internet has caused me to get bored and I move on to more fun characters that I don't mind messing around with. What's the point of using your main online if you can't play at your fullest capacity? That's why I play Falcon, Ike, and random, online.

Rizen

Smash Legend
All things considering, I'm glad my internet connection is not that bad. The lag is tolerable but it does mess up reaction times sometimes. There were so many times when I tried to either zair you or grab you and it didn't go through when I know it should have. If I stop playing TL or PT online it's because the internet has caused me to get bored and I move on to more fun characters that I don't mind messing around with. What's the point of using your main online if you can't play at your fullest capacity? That's why I play Falcon, Ike, and random, online.
With Link he's: (best) great connection wifi>Offline>>>>playable lag>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any worse lag (Worst). I kept a few videos from the winter ladder to show how much lag hurts Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BnpUYwoqxM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2RBmQWbK2g&feature=plcp

How I picked up Ganon was because he was fun to troll with in wifi friendlies 1vs1s and 2vs2s (and the occasional FFA) but I didn't consider him worth learning. I found myself picking him so much for friendly low-level games that I ended up learning him anyway lol. Random's fun too.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Alright guys, I updated the Starter thread just now. Take a look at it and let's get this ball rolling again.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
Feels like I've been gone for a long time...If switched jobs and got a new girl so i've been pretty busy lately. Definitely going to the upcoming tournament in June which I'm excited about :)

Also going to a Goldeneye tournament in June which I plan on winning easily ;) Hope everyone is doing good!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Nidoking has a mediocre Defense stat, but, Electrode has an atrocious Attack stat, and 5th gen cuts Explosion's power in half, making it worthless. Signal Beam is not very effective against Poison-types. All Electrode can do is hope it runs some Special moves and Mirror Coat something back.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Lol using an explosion to take out a Nidoking is incredibly unproductive especially with how much support electrodes can offer a team.

And remember electrode's physical defense is worse thank Nidoking's so any move an NK with Sheer Force uses will KO an electrode.

Rockslide or Poison jab can do the job :).

So outside of Luis stopping by to save you, it's either explode against a UU or die aka die or die LOLOLOL.

Point still stands.

EDIT** Special attack NK < Physical NK due to sheer force, so outside of the stupid surprise factor Sheer force physical NK's are actually really scary when teamed up with life orb.

Poison jab gets stab + LO + Sheer force bonus.... so +50% +30% +30%......ewwww

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Sludge Wave, Earth Power, Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, and Thunderbolt make for good reasons to run him mixed or pure special, too. He has nice options on all sides, so it adds to his unpredictability. I prefer Special, myself. He still has a sweet physical set of moves, Sheer Force-backed or not.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Its just that I mean I dunno if the %'s stack as shown in my last post but if they do I believe that poison jab's base goes from 80 base damage to 168 base..... Earthquake gets boosted to 180, rockslide to 120, and even suckpunch to 104.

If you play doubles and choose to put him next to whimsicott I'm pretty sure post tailwind that he can smash even 5th gen's finest that aren't UBER.

Last I heard Sheer force was somehow managing to cut the 10% damage that LO hits the user with, is this true??

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Its just that I mean I dunno if the %'s stack as shown in my last post but if they do I believe that poison jab's base goes from 80 base damage to 168 base..... Earthquake gets boosted to 180, rockslide to 120, and even suckpunch to 104.

If you play doubles and choose to put him next to whimsicott I'm pretty sure post tailwind that he can smash even 5th gen's finest that aren't UBER.

Last I heard Sheer force was somehow managing to cut the 10% damage that LO hits the user with, is this true??
They do stack like that, yes.

Based on that, though, Sludge Wave is 240 BP, Earth Power to 180, Ice Beam/Thunderbolt to 160, Shadow Ball to 135, and Fire Blast to 202. While it doesn't have the benefit of getting the jump on stuff without support like physical sets would (Sucker Punch), it still hits like a Mack truck.

Also, yeah, Sheer Force takes away Life Orb recoil as long as the move used gets a Sheer Force boost, which all the Special moves I listed have.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
They do stack like that, yes.

Based on that, though, Sludge Wave is 240 BP, Earth Power to 180, Ice Beam/Thunderbolt to 160, Shadow Ball to 135, and Fire Blast to 202. While it doesn't have the benefit of getting the jump on stuff without support like physical sets would (Sucker Punch), it still hits like a Mack truck.

Also, yeah, Sheer Force takes away Life Orb recoil as long as the move used gets a Sheer Force boost, which all the Special moves I listed have.
The only issue is when you choose special over physical your working with an 85 base instead of a 92 which may seem insignificant but with numbers that small every point really does count.

Well then either way he is the ****, meaning that going back to the original point.

Electrode ain't got **** on Nidoking, so stop starting **** Bomber!!!!

Rizen

Smash Legend
(absolute pokemon scrub question) :
If a pokemon self destructs what happens? Is it KOed until you touch a save point or use phoenix down (oops wrong game :/ ) or does it die and you have to catch it again? The latter seems very unlikely.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
It was mindless and overpowered...

:phone:
Dude, it's freakin explosion. If you see something blow up, do you expect it you knock you on your *** or just blow a nice gentle breeze of debris in your face?

It's like saying I want my explosion to be the same as throwing a tiny stick of water dynamite at someone and hope it hurts them instead of dropping a nuke on their head.

You disappoint me bro. I will give you that it is mindless. Explosions are mindless chaotic destruction. >=)

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Back in Yellow, I had a Nidoking with Surf and Blizzard as moves. Lance was running home to mama when I brought him on the battlefield. :D

He is also one of my favourite Shiny Pokémons with Electrike. Seriously, look at dat blue color <3

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
My Nidoking has max speed and a focus sash and Toxic spikes :smirk: .
Then a Milotic with protect, Hyrdro pump, ice beam and Aqua Ring holding leftovers come out.

My Nidoking+Milotic > the world :troll:

The team works as well =P
Well if I'm careful :)

Top Bottom