• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skies of Arcadia Mafia - Game Over! Indy (AM) Wins!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Where has Gorf not committed (serious question, because I'm not seeing anything at this point)?
1.) @Orb wagon. Reeks of distancing to me.
2.) Where *has* he commited himself?

Like this post. Gheb, if you have Orboknown as scum, then wnhat do you make of this post?
What should I make out of this post? I make nothing out of it because I don't see any relevant content in it other than a whack stance on Gorf that I don't agree with.

I don't see what's so special about this post for you to like it.

:059:

kill: Orboknown
Honestly like this. Seems kind of a weird move for scum to make.

I guess you must've missed my reply when I responded to you.

It's not a case. It's more of me just asking a simple question. Like I explained before, I remember having an unpleasant time with these two (mainly Orbo), and thus I would vote on them for being unhelpful to town. Instead of just waiting till D3/D4/Dwhatever, I want to say this right now that they actually be helpful this game and not be inactive/producing lack of content. I hate that.

Now then

Legolas - 'whiteknighting' is usually used in internet term as someone protecting someone/saying something in their case. Like if B disliked what A said, C to E would say something negative to B in a mob-like tactic. This is what I usually see in art forums when something like this happened, so I'm assuming you think I'm protecting someone/voicing their opinion for him.

I threw in a FOS cause I wanted to. I believe J threw in a FOS, but I don't see you going after him. Contradict much?

Vote:Legolas

The Orbo wagon is kinda ew, especially given JTB on there. Only two or so posts, and he jumps straight into the wagon. I sure hope he at least provides content for others he feels is scummy.

Speaking of, I like how he's trying to jump on my wagon instead of fighting off the wagon on him. =/

I also hope Rake shares some content of how he feels thus far. I know it's only been a day, so I'm not really sweating him.
Um, okay.

Rockin, I'm honestly confused here. Why are you voting us? Why did you FoS Soup earlier? Why did you state suspicion against the ORboknown wagon but not do anything about it? Like, I honestly don't even remember you saying anything about my slot.

If you don't like JTB, then what do you intend to do about him, and why haven't you've done it.

Didn't realize there was a question in that. Wanna pressure Orbo more unless Soup's shot was legit. LAK deserves pressure, Gorf deserves pressure and I wouldn't object to see some pressure on J as well.

More or less the same question towards Rockin. Why are

this

**** pressure. gorf should die

:phone:
Bad read IMO, something both sides of the hydra can agree on. *thumbs down*

Whuzzat?

This reasoning is sooo baddd. Orbo, are you reading this game? Do you have a clue what's going on? What's your read on specifically? You're telling me you're just gonna hop on someone because he only has two votes and pressure doesn't hurt? What kind of pressure are you expecting when you tell me you're just pressure voting him?

Orbo, I want you to spill the beans, give me every sufficient read you have right now.
Soup, the reasoning that Xonar has you as scum, and that I'm reluctant to have you as town now (I gave Xonar the go ahead for pressure on you) is because of how you're holding onto this Orboknown read. Like, the thing is is that our reads usually actually line up, and the fact that you're seriously having a hard time grasping the concept that Orboknown can be newbie town bothers me. Trust me, I've seen Orbknown play before and I've thought he was scum for the EXACT same reasons you did (FFT mafia). However, he ended up just being a really bad townie who didn't really know where to look.

So, take my word on it?

dancer who are todays best plays?
Let me finishes reading and then I'll get back to you.

1.) @Orb wagon. Reeks of distancing to me.
2.) Where *has* he commited himself?

What should I make out of this post? I make nothing out of it because I don't see any relevant content in it other than a whack stance on Gorf that I don't agree with.

1. Interesting. Why? IIRC, he said something along the lines of "consider me there in spirit," right?
2.Well, okay. But I'm talking about like, hundreds of posts ago. I really wouldn't hold someone a standard of "committing themselves" if they really hadn't the chance to.
me said:
More or less the same question towards Rockin. Why are
This should be: "What are you planning to actually do about these people that you want to pressure?"

I wanted to see if you would

Wanted to see if you might come up with the same reasoning as me.

His response to you was antagonistic. I like that. Shows that he's not afraid to get angty. What do you make of this Gheb?

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
Bad read IMO, something both sides of the hydra can agree on. *thumbs down*
>: (

i got a question tho

i hate hate HATE the soup waffling yall are pulling right now. the fact that the xonar side is pushing that lynch while you are on the fence when i know you (dancer) are MORE than capable of strong reads and a willingness to make a play is grimy. am i unreasonable for disliking that about you?

im also not crazy about this meta youre using with orbo but i can understand it and dont think its scummy by itself (tho scum definitely want orbo around regardless of his alignment). thing is...i could use a similar thought process and use of meta with rockin (mediation actually pointed this out earlier) so theres that

something that weirds me out about you is that you try to hate on me wagoning gorf (even tho its not a bad play you guys are just being whack) and say hes not a play today. thats fine. but...gorf has pretty much the same reads as soup (except soup doesnt believe j to be super protown) so from my point of view gorf and soup should be similar to you (you as in dancer. man i hate this hydra ****) so im at a loss as to how i can take you seriously when it comes to gorf being a terrible play yet soup is a decent one. soup himself even agreed with you guys that rockin was grimy so what is so terrible about him? whats the difference between gorf and soup?

Hmmmm, might have to retract Rockin suspicion after posts 240-280. Seems very relaxed. Not uptight despite pressure. Will quote stuff if people want.

Rockin brings up a good point about JTB. I know that JTB tends to lurk despite alignment but regardless jump on Orboknown was very brash and opportunistic.

KevinM WHY did you join the Soup wagon? What did you find scummy about him?

If you honestly want half the playerlist dead, then please tell me who are they and why?

Gorf what do you make of Rockin's recent posts? If you still have him as scum than why are they not townie like I think they are?

>: (

i got a question tho

i hate hate HATE the soup waffling yall are pulling right now. the fact that the xonar side is pushing that lynch while you are on the fence when i know you (dancer) are MORE than capable of strong reads and a willingness to make a play is grimy. am i unreasonable for disliking that about you?
I don't know what to tell you. Like Xonar is confident that Soup is scum but I honestly had him as town. He's been convincing me otherwise but I still have him as a town lean. Reads that we disagree on is kinda the burden of being in a hydra.

"Are you unreasonable for disliking that about me?" No, not at all. As scum I tend to play "safe" and if it comes off like I'm playing safe then I honestly wouldn't blame you. Hell, I even told Xonar on Skype that I felt like my scumdar wasn't working this game (since I hadn't picked up on any strong reads).

im also not crazy about this meta youre using with orbo but i can understand it and dont think its scummy by itself (tho scum definitely want orbo around regardless of his alignment). thing is...i could use a similar thought process and use of meta with rockin (mediation actually pointed this out earlier) so theres that

something that weirds me out about you is that you try to hate on me wagoning gorf (even tho its not a bad play you guys are just being whack) and say hes not a play today. thats fine. but...gorf has pretty much the same reads as soup (except soup doesnt believe j to be super protown) so from my point of view gorf and soup should be similar to you (you as in dancer. man i hate this hydra ****) so im at a loss as to how i can take you seriously when it comes to gorf being a terrible play yet soup is a decent one. soup himself even agreed with you guys that rockin was grimy so what is so terrible about him? whats the difference between gorf and soup?
I've already read ahead and saw that Gorf wants both Rockin and Orboknown dead. Those are both reads that I disagree with now. However, take into the context of the time. I could honestly see why people would want to lynch Orboknown, I just think that it's a bad read. Rockin DID appear scummy at first, which is what Gorf has based his read off of.

I don't think there's much of a difference between Gorf and Soup. Either both are town and have been caught into a bad read or one (probably not both) is scum that feels like they need to hold onto a read for dear life for the sake of "consistency." I currently lean the former. Sorry but I'm not super confident about it. There's a lot of factors that have me confused. Why is Soup being so dumb about his Orboknown read? However, why is he sticking to it despite being in the face of opposition? He put himself in a bad position to defend a read he believes in. Why? He is really just "stuck" as scum?

Do you see what I'm getting at here?

What are your answers to these questions Marshy? Help me out here?

Gorf, on the other hand, just hasn't really done much, so I don't see why everyone is so confident he's scum. Also I saw his read list and besides from his scum reads I agree with them.

Marshy, how is it that you've came to be so confident in Gorf scum so early?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Legolas said:
Soup, the reasoning that Xonar has you as scum, and that I'm reluctant to have you as town now (I gave Xonar the go ahead for pressure on you) is because of how you're holding onto this Orboknown read. Like, the thing is is that our reads usually actually line up, and the fact that you're seriously having a hard time grasping the concept that Orboknown can be newbie town bothers me. Trust me, I've seen Orbknown play before and I've thought he was scum for the EXACT same reasons you did (FFT mafia). However, he ended up just being a really bad townie who didn't really know where to look.

So, take my word on it?
Did he play exactly like this? I really hate giving people benefit of the doubt, I'm honestly just waiting on Orboknown to respond. I am open to other avenues but I don't see it yet, I really want to focus on this, this is not about tunneling or anything I just feel if I let it slide then it can easily be pushed under the rug.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
It was crap and I didn't like it all, would love for them to come into the thread and explain it, but the fact is nobody likes that doing that anymore it seems.
Requoting this. we can't go anywhere like this, I have a ton of questions waiting to be answered and people are just idly ignoring them *cough* J *cough*.

I appreciate Legolas actually responding, however.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
My guesses before reading:

- AM is smart but hasn't posted much
- Marshy is wagoning someone
- Lego is aggravating
- Soup and JTB posts are interchangeable
- Rockin looks scummy but is just bad
- KevM looks scummy, and is
- Gheb looks town, and isn't
- J is posting pictures and asking questions
- Gorf rubs me the wrong way
- who the hell is Orboknown

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
1. Interesting. Why? IIRC, he said something along the lines of "consider me there in spirit," right?
2.Well, okay. But I'm talking about like, hundreds of posts ago. I really wouldn't hold someone a standard of "committing themselves" if they really hadn't the chance to.

This should be: "What are you planning to actually do about these people that you want to pressure?"
@1st

Well isn't that almost like the definition of non-commitment? Pushing a wagon that you're not even a part of? I don't even know how much more blatant it could possibly get. Votes /Votecounts are the papertrails to look back onto in this labyrinth of posts and if he says he's 'on the wagon in spirit' he's not only not commiting himself accordingly, he actually refuses to commit accordingly.

@2nd

Do you feel that - if we assumed you agree with my point now - he improved by now then? In my opinion, he's not shown any kind of commitment to his actions and posts then and he hasn't shown to do so now.

@3rd

Don't know what you mean. I'm going to push lynches on them, like I've done all game.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wanted to see if you might come up with the same reasoning as me.

His response to you was antagonistic. I like that. Shows that he's not afraid to get angty. What do you make of this Gheb?
I make nothing of it. Just like I made nothing of his early attack against you. It's not a town-tell, which you seem to imply.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@mod

Is it possible that some players deserve prods by now? I'm looking mainly at KevinM, Rockin and Orboknown. These guys haven't posted in a while.

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
@ghebs first point in 378...gorf saying "consider me on that wagon on spirit" seems to make himself MORE accountable since his vote was on the other wagon no?

nabe you forgot the most important observation of all in this game: you replaced noobscum

i dunno what to tell you dancer. its like you are on a mission to cockblock the **** out of every wagon in this game. if youve got something better then im listening. ill take a closer look at your questions soon

disturbing lack of math in this game

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@ghebs first point in 378...gorf saying "consider me on that wagon on spirit" seems to make himself MORE accountable since his vote was on the other wagon no?
Exactly ... and the reason for that is his lack of commitment.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
@mod

Is it possible that some players deserve prods by now? I'm looking mainly at KevinM, Rockin and Orboknown. These guys haven't posted in a while.

It's been one day going on two, Gheb (least for me). Give me a moment. I've been dealing with moving situations for the last 3-4 days. I should be posting a little more tonight (if anything)

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
@1st

Well isn't that almost like the definition of non-commitment? Pushing a wagon that you're not even a part of? I don't even know how much more blatant it could possibly get. Votes /Votecounts are the papertrails to look back onto in this labyrinth of posts and if he says he's 'on the wagon in spirit' he's not only not commiting himself accordingly, he actually refuses to commit accordingly.

@2nd

Do you feel that - if we assumed you agree with my point now - he improved by now then? In my opinion, he's not shown any kind of commitment to his actions and posts then and he hasn't shown to do so now.

@3rd

Don't know what you mean. I'm going to push lynches on them, like I've done all game.
@1: Well, if someone was already on another wagon and didn't want to leave then I can see why they would say something along the lines of "I'm on the wagon in spirit." Cis they simply didn't want to leave the wagon they already were on.

I was more so asking you why it seems like Gorf and Orbknown seem like they are distancing. Is it becuase of Gorf's lack of commitment?

@2: Well, he laid down a read list, albeit it wasn't very different from his previous reads nor was it controversial. I think that the amount that he has laid down is fair considering the information he has had.

@3: Nvm this point, for some reason thought you were still being a hipster with a wagon that wasn't going to work out.

@JTB: Honestly didn't think of that. Just kinda defended who I thought was town.

@MarshyL Would appreciate you answering those questions.

Also you still really haven't told us why Gorf is a good wagon.

Also I'm currently am looking at J, and realizing that there's nothing from him that I really care for that much.

unvote vote J

@AM: Why do you like J? Looking at him toDay, I can't really tell what there is for you to like about him besides form the Soup read. Initial jump on me and Gorf was bad, and in general his reads are very "meh." Soup could just be backed into a corner with a bad read, so go with me on this? Reconsider J toDay?

@Soup: He played lurky and kinda just attacked generic targets as town, so yeah.

@1: Well, if someone was already on another wagon and didn't want to leave then I can see why they would say something along the lines of "I'm on the wagon in spirit." Cis they simply didn't want to leave the wagon they already were on.

I was more so asking you why it seems like Gorf and Orbknown seem like they are distancing. Is it becuase of Gorf's lack of commitment?

@2: Well, he laid down a read list, albeit it wasn't very different from his previous reads nor was it controversial. I think that the amount that he has laid down is fair considering the information he has had.

@3: Nvm this point, for some reason thought you were still being a hipster with a wagon that wasn't going to work out.

@JTB: Honestly didn't think of that. Just kinda defended who I thought was town.

@MarshyL Would appreciate you answering those questions.

Also you still really haven't told us why Gorf is a good wagon.

Also I'm currently am looking at J, and realizing that there's nothing from him that I really care for that much.

unvote vote J

@AM: Why do you like J? Looking at him toDay, I can't really tell what there is for you to like about him besides form the Soup read. Initial jump on me and Gorf was bad, and in general his reads are very "meh." Soup could just be backed into a corner with a bad read, so go with me on this? Reconsider J toDay?

@Soup: He played lurky and kinda just attacked generic targets as town, so yeah.
qft
gfbsbfd

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
@ kevin

do you have any thoughts on j?

Getting back to you now that I'm home from choking hard at a melee tournament!

@ kevin

how do i know you're not scum employing the same strat you used in mario party 2 maf?

Cuz I'm not scum? :D

My guesses before reading:

- AM is smart but hasn't posted much
- Marshy is wagoning someone
- Lego is aggravating
- Soup and JTB posts are interchangeable
- Rockin looks scummy but is just bad
- KevM looks scummy, and is
- Gheb looks town, and isn't
- J is posting pictures and asking questions
- Gorf rubs me the wrong way
- who the hell is Orboknown
Hey bro this is cute but how about you read the ****ing game and give us reads instead of continuing to stall the game with your "funny" reads about players. You could probably have read 10-20 posts in the time you made this one... also you're wrong on most accounts.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yes I'm reading.
Read on rockin? Null, want to see more. Votes on him will help him to talk right?
You asked my for my reason on rockin. I gave you it.
J looks town, you look town, AM looks town. null on basically everyone else so far.
Earlier in the game this was your faux scum list that you had pegged thus far in the game.. only problem was there wasn't a single piece of scum in it.. it's basically worthless, you gave us people that looked town mainly because they weren't voting you and posting a lot and then said "Null on everyone else" which literally gives us absolutely no information. I have to read further on but if you haven't extrapolated your views from this point until the page we're on now I'm just going to consider you the proper lynch today unless you start seriously contributing.. taking the easy way out like this as a weaker player is scummy as hell.

I wouldn't mind (especially for a legitimate reason), but atm I'm kinda eh about it. I rather see some others getting pressured.

But if I don't find anyone that deserves to die, then I'll proxy vote with you on Orbo.

Don't be mad gheb :<
Proxy vote on anyone and I'll make sure I shove a lynch train on you so fast that you'll look at your dead slot going "Man maybe I should look for scum instead of just OMGUSing and making frownie faces when people call my slot scummy

It isn't his job, but his job is to read into the intent of other players, which his skill does play a part in.

This comes off as very transparent of you.

You're super giving passes to newer players here.. any particular reason? Scum mate? or are you just going to give him a lot of wiggle room and let it bite you in the *** later when it counts?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I agree with AM's case on Soup.

Consider me there in spirit.
Consider you there in spirit? Really helpful but doesn't hold any weight when you're vote was sitting on some slot that you apparently didn't feel strongly enough to push. Also really easy as a scum to just point out you agree with a case and hilarious enough you keep bringing up how you Gheb really isn't playing hard and that you're going to give Orbo a pass on sheeping.. is it because you were planning on just sheeping onto this case as well?

Vote: Gheb

I don't approve of the transparent play and ironically not really doing anything.

Legolas was on our watch list but i need to take a closer look at his newer posts.

Rockin is on my watch list.

JTB and Rake are on my inactive hunt.

Nice a "watch list" that is helpful when you're not giving any particular reasons why you have players there. Also to name two other players and say they're on your INACTIVE HUNT would imply that you are going to pressure inactive slots which you haven't done nor have you tried once to draw them into speaking with questions.

You've now posted useless fluff for two straight pages.

THIS.

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like it.

@Mod: Is it possible you can lablel the hydra players of Legolas and Rangrock at the front of the page?
Glad you're still just piggybacking all of your views and being entirely useless this far into D1

I'm not a Hydra. I'm Soup.

I honestly can't believe that people are going to give Orbo benefit of the doubt here when he's had enough games at this point to be more than "that newbie slot." Is he bad? Sure. But is he completely brain dead? No, I've seen Orbo give wayyy better responses than that and I've seen him be a lot more committed to things. Stop babying him.

Rockin, what do you think about Orbo just jumping on you like that? Certainly you haven't considered it?
I agree with a lot of this and my read on soup started to change it's momentum over to townie here. I also like his question on Rockin because it's something Rockin really hadn't addressed up until this point though he had been defending the Orbo slot at the same time.

a lot of the time a scum will protect a weaker slot because the slot looks like it's going to get lynched. When that slot gets lynched they as a whole will look more townie because they were defending the townie hardbody. I've employed this tactic a lot on earlier days of a game.

Ahh, my mistake. Your name was throwing me off, so I was thinking you was a hydra with someone lol

Not really bothered by orbo. Sheeps are gonna sheep. The whole reason itself is very silly/stupid, which is why I'm not so worked up over it.
Terrible scummy response, thanks for making it easy to lynch you.

Of course Soup, all people are exactly the same and have the same standards since everyone gets better and learns at the same rate.

Oh wait...no they don't. Everyone is different in skill and style so using a standardized scum hunting tactic is bad.
Oh wait... You're still refusing to comment on anything relative to the game and still arguing about something asinine like someone's perceived skill level in mafia.

So you're literally admitting you're going to treat Orboknown special just because you hold a lower standard to him. This is such bull****, what would you do if a player like Evil Eye gave you a response like that?
:)

It's not even that bad without meta.

We are lynching scum, but forcing down a lynch without even considering what he might be doing for a town point of view is goggle sited.

Does he scream EE like effort? No, but I see attempts to read people. Look at his questionnaire of odd things like what Gheb is doing or his read on J.
Hi my name is LAK and I plan on going around in circles without commenting on the game.

Expand on this.
The irony in asking someone to expand on a view after these last two pages is horrible.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Gheb we both are noticing that this is not your norm. Why you change bud?
>_>

^I would do what the above post states.

*responding to things in a sec!*

Also shooting LAK would be terrible, deffo would rather have an Orbo-shot>that. Possibly someone else, gotta re-check if I read something correctly.
Here's where J pops in for the first time and tell us he's going to start responding to things. Also beings buddying Marshy hard, something I've seen him do as scum and town so Null on that.

Gorf, can you explain your LegoTown read you seem to be holding back? ;P

I'd also like to know if you would lynch Soup toDay.
Still hasn't "responded to anything" but he's asking a lot of questions with not a lot of weight in them and the second one gets little to nothing accomplished... Yes or No questions in mafia really bug me.

I don't think Swords has been doing most the posting, it looks more like Xoni to me, which makes me feel is scum.

Also can you explain why you wouldn't lynch Soup?
I don't understand a lot of the first part of this.. Do you feel like he is scum because Swords isn't posting? Or do you just get scum vibes when Xonar posts because of his reads?

I'm not voting Orbo.

Rather him be investigated/shot, personally.

@Marshmellow: He isn't looking like he is scum-hunting more like he is trying to scum-hunt on Orbo and make his case seem bigger than it actually is w.r.t. him. It also feels like he is just clinging to it, just to cling to it. Reaction to Ryker's case also came off as if he was trying to put on a front as to try and dissuade the pressure by just seeming a bit too "confident". It's weird to explain and I can try and explain it better if you don't get me.
Buddy buddy buddy

Also the Orbo thing here irks me a lot... it's like a subtle push on our night actions without trying to appear to direct them.

Hey Marshy, go to the Sign-up thread just as a side-note.

Idk who I want lynched atm, for me I have a lot of scum-reads and at the same time I don't. I can't decide who I want dead the mostest out of Lego/Soup/Gorf.

Here, vote Soup. I want a vote there but I want to keep mine on Lego.
This is a terrible post... I have a lot of scum reads.. which I haven't elaborated on at all and yet I will name three of them here and then casually tell you to vote someone without going into detail but then keeping mine on another person without furthering my read or explaining any possibile changes on the player slot.

EBWOP: Hehehe, I hit the complete button too soon!

Here's an equation I strive to complete:
J+Lego+AM=victory

but that's only achievable if the three variables work together!
Stop doing things like this it's ****ing annoying and a really bad idea at playing this game out... stop trying to form these weird *** alliances.

i dont give a **** of either die. btw can you go into more detail on soupadoupa like you offered?

Nope they won't so we'll see whats up.

So **** was gonna happen. But then **** happened. And now we're talking about the happening **** instead of making **** happen. So **** will happen but right now it's in a state of happenin' flux and I really just don't give a ****. Your scheduled **** will happen tomorrow and that **** will be happenin'.
I was going to find a picture of Marshmallow Fluff but i'm too lazy.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Rockin
LAK
Orboknown
J

Aggresive Mediation
Lego
Nabe

There are a lot of players that could go that about shows my list

The red ones can go for sure

The yellow ones I feel kind of null on but they're definitely not helping so far tho Aggresive started off as really townie.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Also worth pointing out is the fact that Orbo still hasn't placed down a stronger read then his

"town are the people defending me, and null on everyone else I'm useless aren't I"

reads.

Top Bottom