• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman for SSBB?

magar

Banned via Administration
Bomerman's move could be to pick up bomb-ombs from the ground like Peach's vegetable move.

Yota

Smash Apprentice
I would like to see Bomberman in the game. I think he fits in the game perfectly. How about some feedback for this...

A: Right Punch (Little lag)
AA: Left Punch (Same lag as 'Right Punch')

A>: Kick (Round-house)
A^: Upward Punch (Just like Mario)
Av: Sweep (As in, with the leg)

A>>: Explosive Punch (Probably like Mario)
A^^: Bomb Serve (Tosses Bomb-B* upward)
Avv: Dual Bombs (Sets two Bomb-Cs* on each side of himself)

Dash-A: Tackle (Leaps forward, attacking anyone in the way)

B: Bomb Toss (Same as in Bomberman 64. Lightly tosses up to four Bomb-Bs* forward)
B>: Bomb Kick (Kicks a still bomb [even Link's] forward. If there is no bomb present, a Bomb-A* will be created)
B^: Explosion (Creates a weak explosion beneath the user, boosting him upward)
Bv: Bomb Set / Bomb Line (Sets a Bomb-A* below the user. If one is already there, another is placed in front of it.)
Dash-B: Bomb Set (Lays a Bomb-A*, and does not interrupt running)

Grab-A: Head Bonk (Again, like Mario)
Grab->: Forward Throw (Pretty basic)
Grab-<: Reverse Slide (Slides the foe behind the user, followed by a Bomb-C*)
Grab-^: Upward Toss (Tosses the for upward, followed by a Bomb-C*)
Grab-v: Slam (Slams the foe into the ground)

Super: Power Bomb (Summons a Bomb-S*)

Taunt: Fireworks (Faces the crowd, smiles, and raises one arm while small fireworks launch upward from behind; the fireworks can damage others)

No more than 4 Bomb-As* of the same user can be on the field at once. Any further attempts of creating a bomb will result in a poof of smoke.

*Bomb types...
Bomb-A: A time bomb that lasts 3 seconds. Does not explode on contact with anything, except spikes and other explosions. Can harm user, can be picked up.
Bomb-B: A bomb that explodes apon contact with anything. Can harm user, cannot be picked up.
Bomb-C: A small time bomb with a half-second fuse. Cannot harm user, can be picked up. Can harm anyone once picked up.
Bomb-S: A huge red bomb with a 5-second fuse, and an explosion the side of that seen in the Mushroom Kingdom in SSBM.

parvus

Smash Apprentice
well he could probably do both, since he is *bomb*-erman. i like the explosive punch idea and maybe he could use pommy the charabom like Peach uses Toad

Suska

Smash Apprentice
Yota said:
I would like to see Bomberman in the game. I think he fits in the game perfectly. How about some feedback for this...

B: Bomb Toss (Same as in Bomberman 64. Lightly tosses up to four Bomb-Bs* forward)
B>: Bomb Kick (Kicks a still bomb [even Link's] forward. If there is no bomb present, a Bomb-A* will be created)
Bv: Bomb Set / Bomb Line (Sets a Bomb-A* below the user. If one is already there, another is placed in front of it.)

Taunt: Fireworks (Faces the crowd, smiles, and raises one arm while small fireworks launch upward from behind; the fireworks can damage others)

No more than 4 Bomb-As* of the same user can be on the field at once. Any further attempts of creating a bomb will result in a poof of smoke.

*Bomb types...
Bomb-A: A time bomb that lasts 3 seconds. Does not explode on contact with anything, except spikes and other explosions. Can harm user, can be picked up.
Bomb-B: A bomb that explodes apon contact with anything. Can harm user, cannot be picked up.
Bomb-C: A small time bomb with a half-second fuse. Cannot harm user, can be picked up. Can harm anyone once picked up.
Bomb-S: A huge red bomb with a 5-second fuse, and an explosion the side of that seen in the Mushroom Kingdom in SSBM.
Very nice move set

B.W.

Smash Champion
I support Bomberman being a character.

His move list could be..

B: Take out and hold a bomb (Hold B to charge it to a big bomb)

B Smash: Throw bomb

B Down: Plant a mine.

B Up: Enable Jet pack (from Bomberman Hero)

From there A button is punching or kicking, as it pretty much everyone else.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Yota said:

*Bomb types...

Didn't see this before.. Though I do prefer the jet pack idea and bomb charge...

Though your things would probably work better.

B.W.

Smash Champion
primusfan said:
What in the hell is that second picture? I've never seen that one.
Bomberman Jetters for the Gamecube...

Probably one of the easiest Bomberman games ever made.

You play as Bomberman and Max.. Bomberman uses the charaboms (I think that's what they're called) who have special abilities.. Some needed in the game, and others that are just helpful..

Max on the other hand can use a thing called Hyper Plasma.. Which destroys all weak enemies on the screen and can open passages to certain places (most of which are needed.)

Yeah.. five worlds, with five main bosses.. And it has little anime clips before every boss and mini boss... As well as one for the opening cinema and the closing one...

Anyway I've gone a little far with this so.. Hoorah!.. Or something..

primusfan

Smash Ace
Wow, anime turns Bomberman into a ***.
I just bought Bomberman Hero (yes, I buy old games a lot). I still love that game! He should look like he did in Hero for every game he's in.

B.W.

Smash Champion
primusfan said:
Wow, anime turns Bomberman into a ***.
The animation in the anime scene were excellent, however, changing Bomberman's square head to a round one, does in fact make him look like a ***... The eyes were better off as thick lines too.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Project-05 said:
The animation in the anime scene were excellent, however, changing Bomberman's square head to a round one, does in fact make him look like a ***... The eyes were better off as thick lines too.
Yea and he's really tall. I like the short, thin eyed, square head look.

B.W.

Smash Champion
primusfan said:
Yea and he's really tall. I like the short, thin eyed, square head look.
I agree..

Also.. I hate Charaboms... Other than Pommy that is..

It's like a new version of Pokemon...

Also.. What ever happened to the kangaroo thing? (I forget his name)

primusfan

Smash Ace
Thought: We must be the only people on the planet up this early talking about Bomberman....just a thought. Virginia... 3:18? It's 2:18 over here and we're talking about what Bomberman should look like.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Yeah... Hey.. You're right..

Though here it's 3:22.. Ah well, it'sfor a good cause..

...Keep orphans fed.. Or something.

parvus

Smash Apprentice
let's keep on track. the 1st image was of bomberman in the new Xbox 360 game: utterly unoriginal. i prefer the old version with a square-ish head.

B.W.

Smash Champion
You mean the one that Deathborne posted?

Yeah.. Umm.. No.

Keep the whole, peaceful, childish Bomberman.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Here's my idea for a Bomberman moveset...

Bomberman

A: Punch
A, A: Punch, Opposite arm punch
A, A, A: Punch, Opp. Punch, Hard Punch
> A: Big fisted punch
v A: Trip kick
^ A: Uppercut
Smash > A: Bomb Punch (*NOTE: Can be used to punch his own bombs that have been placed, causing them to "hop" forward a space. All his other A attacks will explode his bombs)
Smash ^ A: Headbutt
Smash v A: Hard Kick
Dash A: Headfirst Dive

Air A: Punch
> A: Double Fist
< A: Spinning back kick
^ A: Flipkick
V A: Stomp (*Meteor)

Grab: Reaches out to grab
A: Headbutt
Forward: Attaches a bomb to them and tosses them forwards, like he would a bomb (so a lobbing throw). Weak.
Back: Spins around, attaches a bomb to them, and swings them backwards. Stronger.
Up: Bends forwards, and throws them straight up with a bomb attached. Mid to Weak.
Down: Slams them into the ground and plants a bomb on their chest.

B: Bomb Drop - Bomberman drops a bomb on the ground if he taps B. Each bomb has a 4 second fuse. If Bomberman holds B, the bomb is instead created in his hands, and does not have a lit fuse. He can run with this bomb in his grip, but cannot attack or double jump while he holds it. Pressing A or B makes him lob it in an arch, landing on the ground with its 4 second fuse lit; Smashing A makes him throw it straight forwards, exploding on impact. Forward B goes into his Forward B attack (below). If he holds B like he does to lift the bomb, he can keep holding B longer to pump it up. Pumped up bombs don't slow him down, but he can't jump at all. They can't be thrown quite as far, but have a bigger blast radius. An already dropped bomb cannot be picked up again by anyone, even Bomberman.

> B: Bomber Swing - Bomberman begins swinging his arm while palming a bomb. He can still run and jump while doing so, and holding B builds the spin up to be faster. When he releases, he will throw out a number of bombs in an arch that will explode on contact. He'll toss one, usually the one he's carrying if he's got one, just pressing Forward B. BUT if he swings, he can get 2, 3, 4, 5, and maybe even 6 to go in a full arch around in front of him. Not very powerful explosions, as is the case with his normal bombs, but a good way to clear an area.

^ B: Bomber Copter - From Bomberman Hero, of course. Bomberman sprouts a propellor, sits back, and gets some lift. He starts ascending slowly, but gains altitude faster as you hold B. He will eventually hit a certain "limit" after about the height of the Falcon Dive, and hover from there on in. He can let go of B to descend, increasingly faster until he gets rid of the propellors and falls, but if he does a crazy cycle of B, no B, B, no B, he can last a lot longer hovering than usual, if you don't mind a wavy flight pattern. If he gets max lift and hover with this attack, it should all take about 7/8 seconds before he runs outta juice. Tapping A while he's in fight mode will drop bombs from the sky that blow up on contact.

v B: Bomber Kick - Bomberman drops a bomb in front of him and kicks it forwards for the length of a Falcon Kick. It just slides into place, and doesn't blow up, even if it hits something (knocks it back instead). If he uses this attack in front of an already placed bomb, he'll kick that instead. He can't kick pumped up bombs.

Super Move: Power Bomb - Bomberman suddenly makes a giant red bomb, with a huge P marked on the side. Toss this wherever you want to watch the fur fly! >:D

Notes:
-Out of 5 -- Speed: 3.5, Power: 2 (Bombs range: Reg-3, Pumped-4.5), Weight: 3, Jump: 2.75, Gravity: 3.25
-Bomberman will explode his own bombs if he hits them. However, if you use the Bomber Kick or his Smash Forward A, the Bomb Punch, he's safe to touch them, and will actually even move the bombs out of his way.
-If Bomberman lands on one of his bombs he's set, he will do a low bounce off the top: the Bomb Jump! Pumped Up bombs will give him a greater boost.
-Bomberman can only have 3 set bombs around the stage at any time, meaning you have to wait 4 seconds until you can place another if you place all 3 at once.
-Other Bombermen can kick/punch other Bombermen's bombs
-Sometimes, the best route with Bomberman is to play it safe and just drop bombs in crowds while you stand off in the distance. During 1v1s, it's better to rely on his punches and throws, and leave the bombs for when you know you're safe.

Taunt: Stands up on his tiptoes with the other knee bent, punching out and winking. "Yeah!"

Entrance: Rides in on the Bomber Jet, then climbs out as the cycle zooms off.

Kirby Hat: Kirby gets the Bomberman helmet with (| |) eyes, but keeps his pink face.

Win Poses:
1. Winds up his arm and leaps into the air, punching his fist and cheering
2. Punches, then punches again, and follows with a spinning kick, stopping with his arms folded and his back facing the crowd. He turns his head with a look of "badassery" XD
3. Stands tall, legs apart, and gives a V-sign with both eyes closed (he's smiling!)

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I was expecting a little more reaction with that bizzare new look for Bomberman in the upcoming X-BOX 360 release Bomberman: Act Zero. Gotta love how M$ *******izes every franchise they get ahold of, as well as the industry in general.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Lord_Deathborne said:
I was expecting a little more reaction with that bizzare new look for Bomberman in the upcoming X-BOX 360 release Bomberman: Act Zero. Gotta love how M$ *******izes every franchise they get ahold of, as well as the industry in general.
I didn't even know they were coming out with another one. With a new game, that means that he has more of a chance to get into Brawl.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Lord_Deathborne said:
Here is my reaction...(Pukes heart).

Seriously, that thing looks like if Master Chief swallowed Bomberman.

Mas0n

Smash Cadet
Lord_Deathborne said:
xbox ****'d my bomberman:(.. i think the not xbox bomberman would be a good addition to brawl:).

AeryEcho

Smash Cadet
Project-05 said:
I agree..

Also.. I hate Charaboms... Other than Pommy that is..

It's like a new version of Pokemon...

Also.. What ever happened to the kangaroo thing? (I forget his name)
Louie? He was in Bomberman Hero, right? I'll never forget that game: Bomberman...with jumping

I never minded the round head, but the eyes were a touch...odd.
Is that...thing supposed to be bomberman? The xbox thing?...creepy...
Bomberman for SSBB: to me unlikely, but it would be a nice addition...If he looks the way I remember him...

primusfan

Smash Ace
Mas0n said:
xbox ****'d my bomberman:(.. i think the not xbox bomberman would be a good addition to brawl:).
I just saw some screenshots of the new bomberman for the first time and I gotta say that it's one of the WORST character transformations i've ever seen. That isn't Bomberman.

Baron_54

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure the Wii bomberman, as well as the SSBB one, if he exists, will be the same ol' bomberman we know and love.
Oh God how I hope I'm right.. :(

-Mace-Solo-

Smash Apprentice
I think the best Bomberman for the job would be the Bomberman from Bomberman Heroes for the N64. He had a jetpack that he flew around with. He also had a snowboard and submarine thingy thing. And get this: 'Twas the first game of his whidst' the man could jump! That makes sense for Brawl.

And say, I was not aware that he was apart of Xbox-ness. Does he really look bad? Oh my poor self. Did they seriously mess him up badly? Is it too bad to perchance show a picture here?

Anyhow, people have wanted Bomberman in a Smash game for awhile. Last that I saw however, he was with Hudson. I am quite curious at what he's up to these days.

primusfan

Smash Ace
-Mace-Solo- said:
I think the best Bomberman for the job would be the Bomberman from Bomberman Heroes for the N64. He had a jetpack that he flew around with. He also had a snowboard and submarine thingy thing. And get this: 'Twas the first game of his whidst' the man could jump! That makes sense for Brawl.

And say, I was not aware that he was apart of Xbox-ness. Does he really look bad? Oh my poor self. Did they seriously mess him up badly? Is it too bad to perchance show a picture here?

Anyhow, people have wanted Bomberman in a Smash game for awhile. Last that I saw however, he was with Hudson. I am quite curious at what he's up to these days.
You wanna see how different he looks? It's like taking Luigi and turning him into Spider-Man. It's a very dramatic change. Go to Gamespot.com, go to the XBOX 360 section and type in Bomberman at the top. Go down the list and look for the XBOX 360 game. When I saw him, I didn't even know it was Bomberman. Click on the link to see a pic of the games case.
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5369/11410493582vq.jpg

-Mace-Solo-

Smash Apprentice
primusfan said:
You wanna see how different he looks? It's like taking Luigi and turning him into Spider-Man. It's a very dramatic change. Go to Gamespot.com, go to the XBOX 360 section and type in Bomberman at the top. Go down the list and look for the XBOX 360 game. When I saw him, I didn't even know it was Bomberman. Click on the link to see a pic of the games case.

*cries* OH MY GOSH! What did they do to poor Bomberman!? That's so unbelievable!! How could they even do this? This honestly is one of the biggest outrages I have seen as far as games go.
Bill Gates, we know you're rich already, but that doesn't mean you had to tear Bomberman apart and rebuild him!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
bomberman would be an excellent addition to brawl. i really hope he makes it. give pichu the boot to make room.

Stryks

Smash Hero
primusfan said:
I dont care if im double posting what the hell did they do to Bomberman?!

Its like fuging ironman with a big hand, is that the same bomberman the one owned by hudson, or is it just some clone with the same name, oh my god if its the bomberman i knew im gonna hunt who ever did that 2 him!!

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
No, it's definitely him. And turning Luigi into Spiderman is actually NOT far off what they did to him here. It's an atrocity. He's just another metal suit meat head now. There's no personality or uniqueness.

It's him because when you check out the screens and descriptions, it's like his 2D maze type thing where the bombs would explode in the 4 directions following the path. However now it is 3D.

Old-school bomberman like...http://search.ign.com/products?objtName=all&ns=true&query=bomberman&so=exact&sort=date......majority of those. the tiny, giant headed, fist-handed ,pulling bombs out of nowhere, eyes only face person we came to know and love.

Top Bottom