• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tekken Mafia | Now with the real endgame flavour.... Who won?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
/confirm

The amount of time it took me to confirm should not be an indicator for my activity level in this game. I actually plan to (hopefully) be pretty active.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Reading this from my phone isn't gonna work this time, guess i do it from home.

Side note: that ranked game was the most unfun league game i have ever done. **** trolls.

:phone:
Ah, I just played a ranked as well. 8/3 as Cait with our Jax stealing half my kills. Carried dat shiz.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
lol nice

cait was the first character i was good at but havent played her in forever

whats your league name swiss?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Weird wording then. And Adumb definitely is definitely serious about his accusations. I also want to prematurely call him dumb over scum but we'll see how his play pans out before I make any solid judgements.

What do you think about Swiss?
Not much of a thought at all, he hasn't done anything worth looking into and he's used his ego as half of his arguments, especially wrt your statement about him being scum.

#HBC | ѕoup

Adumb said:
Also, don't really have thoughts on potential scummates yet.
You don't? I'd think there'd be some paper trails out there, tell me your town-reads.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Not sure if RR is just being dumb or scum that's trying to throw dumbtown tells for his advantage.
More on this.

Adum who's been reading for these tells longer? You or I?

> mfw no-one tells me why WL is town

Some stuff:

Kary town. Have to agree with Swiss here.

Ditz scum. He comes into this game, says he skimmed the thread, and yet still considers this to be "nonsense." How is this nonsense? He could easily come in and say something, but he opts not to.

Gord gives me bad vibes. The second half of his 149 reads as a pathetic attempt at dismissing what Adumb is saying.

Swiss:Thoughts on Gorf/Ditz?
Discuss why ScumDitz would openly say this as opposed to lurk.

Idiot, or scummy vibes?

Skip/straight null

I understand thats what he's saying. But I'm asking you if you actually agree with such a ridiculous statement. "What information do you have to the contrary" is not at all forced and uncomfortable. My post was analogous to "Adumb, what reasons do you have to accuse me of scum?" or simply "why?" Saying that I was actually scared of him having information is 100% completely ridiculous but that the tone was also off is reaching/nitpicking beyond measure.

I'm asking you, Swiss, specifically, if you agree that my tone was off. Not if I'm making a power play, which I clearly am, and which has no reflection of my alignment in the slightest.

I'm doing no such thing. I'm giving you 100% full thread control D1 in exchange for you hammering D1. Heck, if you're brownie, I'll personally ask the Doc to protect you every Night onward. If you're a boon to town, you'll survive to late game and beast scum like I know you want to. Thing is, if you aren't, there's no way in hell I want you near endgame with the possibility of hammer immunity. You're the player who could be my biggest asset or my biggest nightmare and your slippery enough to maneuver around most of this playlist if I were to die. As I stated earlier, your compliance would hurt you much more as scum than as town and, as town, you'd still be in a good position to survive provided the doctor isn't pressured outed (I feel pretty confident that won't happen though).

It's pregame. Votes don't count yet.
I disliked the post myself, was trying to think of a way to word my response when Adum posted his. The tone, though I dislike the word in this case, was distasteful. I agree with his perception if not his analysis.

Kuz, I've gotten stronger scum then you through equally small subtleties.

For example, Kata in RE.

Now comes the hard part, convincing town to actually follow through.
I've lynched off less (typo in someone's name) but convince me first.

Still would like swiss' thoughts on gorf, kuz and him are technically two different people, and it seems as though most of their interactions have been independent of each other.
Independent actions is fine with me. Like I said earlier, we will likely pin Gord and react accordingly with the slot.

Swiss, post here instead of the QT :mad:
No :(

I disgust myself by using an emoticon.

Adum, Kuz is scum still. Talk partners with me based on everything that has happened.
Quote me your tell posts.

nvm

I like Fynal

Swiss probably won't be lynched during the Day. He knows it. As scum his biggest worry is being nightkilled by an opposing scum faction, which certainly exists with the game's size and mechanic. As town he would still hold this worry, but it would be a lot less pronounced. Swiss being NKd as town would not nearly be as detrimental to the town faction as him being NKd as scum would be to the respective scum faction. Ergo, him giving up his immunity would hurt him way more as scum than as town. I'm not proposing we just leave him out in the open, though, because as town he would for sure be an asset. That's where the doc protects come in.

Its just I don't want to risk Swiss in endgame because he's definitely slippery enough to not get lynched without an incriminating PR result (and even then so) and with NK immunity he could very easily be a huge problem as scum.

You dig?
Aha.

This is the post I was mulling over.

Let's be blunt here. Your reasoning for wanting me to hammer is that I need to vulnerable enough to ensure I do not reach LyLo as you believe that no town is competent enough to lynch me. This is the crux.

My issue is thus, you wish me to compromise my life - and in return give me the choice of the weakest lynch of the game. Of course, regardless of my faction I want immunity for when I chose, but this trade works not to be "pro town" but simply "anti-Swiss".

You are attempting to, as you say, safeguard town against me - but you do this by compromising my duration in this game and not by constraining my potential alignment. You have not suggested I be copped, tracked, watched, masoned, time travelled, sent a letter to name-copped etc etc etc (the "pro town clear"). I dislike the process this takes me down.

You then offer your immunity up D2 - which I like as a sentiment. But if you know are town what does this two? Cripple two of our strongest to decrease the probability potential ScumSwiss can win.

I will not trade my immunity for my choice of D1 lynch. My proposal is as follows and I do not wish to have to succumb to it.

I will, if necessary, offer my immunity D1 for the lynch D3. I am to have the lynch D3 without fail (we can haggle to a potential post humous arrangement, but the intent is the same), provided it is not LyLo and there is no un-CC'd scumclaim against me. To go without saying, I am to be doc'd without fail. D1 and D2 lynches are to proceed as norm and Kuz is not currently required to use his immunity.

You are placing me in a highly undesirable and short lived situation simply because you believe I am too great a threat as scum. I would suggest that instead of using your energy limiting my play as either faction you attempt to read my alignment and play accordingly.

If no other players feel the same way as you do, and instead feel that we can pressure and read me without crippling my town and scum play then I will be ignoring both proposals. I sincerely hope this is the case, though I would be interested to see how it pans out.

If town; I will likely die, though we have several days of my iut-

Come, Child. See the light

scumSwiss is most worried about dying during the Night.
And Town Swiss?

Edit; I may choose to accept original deal if circumstances appeal though this is unlikely, I hope.

>mfw when I have to spend the entire of D1 explaining this post

Kuz/guys ignore my entire offer section.

I just repeated your offer except trading lynch choice to D3, didn't I? Ignore unfinished sentences, I hadn't finished wording.

Kuz ignore this end section, I'll look at it tomorrow morning. Utterly shattered. My initial issues can be read as gold, though. Ignore the mechanics section. Would delete but I have nice ideas, I'm sure.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
NA here, sad day

y so much RP to switch region i dont even know

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Uh oh... Here we go!

Start of Round 1

An advert plays in the background on an expensive looking television. Someone obviously has money to spend...

Cue: Ad Music

"Welcome to the King of Iron Fist Tournament

This is the biggest fighting tournament in history!

How will you fare amongst the world's greatest fighters?

Do you have what it takes to be the best?

Is your fighting style refined and ready to impress?

Can you do 500 pushups in 10 minutes?

How many mo--"

--SMAAASH

Someone just drop-kicked the TV...

"Um...? What the **** are you doing?" spoke a voice in the corner of the room.

There was an awkward pause.

"I've had it.

Mother****ers.

These tournaments are actually ****.

Everyone thinks they can fight nowadays... I just got a call from Blanka over at Street Fighter Club International to find some Turkish oil wrestler make the cut in the roster... I mean coooome on. I want blood, flying kicks, bone-crunchers, ACTION...

Tekken shouldn't be advertising like this. It'll attract filth."

There was another awkward pause...

...but with good reason. The voice in the corner of the room thought long and hard.

"Well it's a good thing you're here then. I have a plan that will rock this tournament senseless. It won't be pretty. Let's teach these good-for-nothing fighters a lesson. What do you say?... Are you in?"

This time there was a pause. It wasn't awkward though. It felt... sinister.

"Alright........... I'm in..."

Our story begins... Let your fists do the talking! Round 1 is now in action:

VOTE COUNT:

[0] Toastin' Dat Walrus
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] adumbrodeus
[0] Яagnarock
[0] Dark Horse
[0] Kary
[0] Swiss
[0] Blazer
[0] DtJ Glyphmoney
[0] Nabe
[0] Red Ruy
[0] WashedLaundry
[0] Fynal
[0] frozenflame751
[0] Pink Lemonade
[0] Jdietz43

[16] Not Voting:
Toastin' Dat Walrus / -Masquerain- / adumbrodeus / Яagnarock / Dark Horse / Kary / Swiss / Blazer / DtJ Glyphmoney / Nabe / Red Ruy / WashedLaundry / Fynal / frozenflame751 / Pink Lemonade / Jdietz43

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch!
Deadline set for Friday 22nd June, Midnight GMT.
_

NOTE: I encourage hydras to please post on their hydra accounts!

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Finally, I hate when games start before they actually start. Too much room for RVS Wifom that I don't get to follow.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gut feeling is a dislike of your slot and Adum for putting all this wifom out right out of the gate and skipping all forms of RVS I'm familiar with.

Dislike that some people already claim a scum read on me from said dislike of pre-game posting. We'll see where they go with it though. (I don't really know since I don't know how to take pre-game stuff, could be town intent from seeing me be lazy, otherwise looking for easy targets. We'll know eventually)

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Hi everyone, what's up? Massive post by me, I'm afraid:

But in practical terms it could just be general nervousness due to calling out his alignment, asking if I have information to the contrary seems really off and nervous for a townie, the only other explanation is that he was outright role fishing.
1. Do you seriously believe this? (the above quote)
2. Why aren't you giving Kuz the benefit of the doubt?
3. How are you going to play today beyond pushing a Kuz/Toastin' Lynch?

If anything, I have a general distrust of d1 power plays due to playing with scum OS a fair number of times, but again it wasn't what that made me dislike your slot, but how.
4. Would you consider Swiss' opening post a power play?
Its just I don't want to risk Swiss in endgame because he's definitely slippery enough to not get lynched without an incriminating PR result (and even then so) and with NK immunity he could very easily be a huge problem as scum.
1. Is it fair to say this is the thrust of your argument? (the above quote)
2. How well are you able to read Swiss?
3. Do you intend to go through in trading Swiss something for him being the hammer on a given day?
3. If I am to sheep you, in what direction should I be going right now?

Concerning Kuz, Swiss and Adum, and their interactions pre-Day 1; I feel like Kuz/Swiss are trying to pressure one another and get reads much more than Adum. Overall, Adum seems like he's stuck on loop already, which is disappointing, and I don't care much for him being so bullish. However, a significant part of Kuz/Swiss interacting seemed to be arguing over mechanics, which I didn't really care for, not least because it is mostly speculation. As to their alignments, I suspect Kuz/Swiss aren't aligned, but beyond that I can't really say.

@JDietz:
1. What's your read on Soup?
2. Anything you did like from your skim?

@Fynal:
1. I gather you're in favour of Kuz/Swiss hammering early in the game; is this so as to level the playing field, so to speak? So as to reduce the risk they pose if they're scum?
2. How do you feel about players trading lynch choices etc. for the hammer?

Also, this:

Uh, someone who's not really involved yet: please talk to me about Dark Horse, both his entrance and his interaction with Kuz, that'd be grand, thanks.

Also, general question, how important is it to let yourself be read in a game of mafia? I.e. should you make an effort to contribute in a way that people can read your alignment? In previous games I have put myself out there and hope people can see that I'm town... it doesn't always work, though.

Think that's everything :)

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
1. In my pitifully small mafia experience, for town, safe play is always better than wild risk factors with big potential for good and bad. Kuz makes a convincing argument for why removing swiss's lategame NK immunity is safer, if not as potentially beneficial, as leaving him with it. (same argument works vs kuz as well)

2. i don't know much about "trading lynch choices" because lynches are by necessity a communal decision. however, looks like we might have enough sheep to do it if kuz and swiss both agree to the same lynch. letting our most expierenced players direct the (often fairly random) early lynch(es) doesn't strike me as a bad idea, as long as its not quite an "i choose... X, follow blindly" deal.

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
/July head confirming

Pink Lemonade (July/Ranmaru Hydra) - Who's the dominant head? Why? July, reign him in. I want your stances but do not wish to suffer him.
For now it looks like I'll be the dominant head because Ran is in a ton of games, so you'll be getting mostly my stances toDay.

Also, just for the sake of talking about our voting mechanic, I believe that we should nominate players to get hammer with a separate vote counter or something to keep track of. Essentially, we can use to the mechanic to protect pro-town players from NKs.

I don't have a specific nomination right now so play good and maybe you'll be blessed with the immunity.
Self-imposed mechanics such as that never work. And with this mechanic it'll be more beneficial to watch people fight over the hammer and discuss strategy, such as what's going on between Swiss and Kuz atm.

I'll finish reading and posting later.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Gotta finish factoring out the negative integers in another game first, then I get to my game, then I'll try to get to this one.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Nabe why is WL town?
Loaded question? Regardless
probably town because generally when I hate every post he makes, he turns out to be town.

no
go post in your hydra, dirtbag

Also I remember when you were a bad player and I feel all nostalgic.
(Which is why I'm going to cultrecruit you tonight)

For example, Kata in RE.
You caught Kata? Remind me how, I must not have been paying attention.

I was stating objectively that we aren't on the same scumteam, or you would have known that we were hydraing. Easy stuff man.
Vote: th3kuzinator
gg

#HBC | Nabe

I thought about this, but he's acting way abnormal about things. I don't think he would go so far as to try and put attention on him during pre-game, and especially attack Kuz without justifiable reasons.
You think he's trying to bring attention to himself? I think it's unintentional, and Adumb wouldn't be careless about his image and make bad posts as scum.

What Adumb did, imo, was dumb, but I don't really feel it was scummy.
Why so Two-Face?

Adum, Kuz is scum still. Talk partners with me based on everything that has happened.
It's like you're bad or something :woman:

#HBC | Nabe

Finally, I hate when games start before they actually start. Too much room for RVS Wifom that I don't get to follow.
Gut feeling is a dislike of your slot and Adum for putting all this wifom out right out of the gate and skipping all forms of RVS I'm familiar with.

Dislike that some people already claim a scum read on me from said dislike of pre-game posting. We'll see where they go with it though. (I don't really know since I don't know how to take pre-game stuff, could be town intent from seeing me be lazy, otherwise looking for easy targets. We'll know eventually)
"I won't be reading pregame"
"I hate games with content in pregame"
"I have reads based on what I've read of the pregame content"

Vote: Jdietz43

#HBC | ѕoup

You think he's trying to bring attention to himself? I think it's unintentional, and Adumb wouldn't be careless about his image and make bad posts as scum.

Why so Two-Face?

It's like you're bad or something :woman:
Nah, that was a question towards Adum, not a statement.

It wasn't two-faced at all? Hope you read the responses.

#HBC | Nabe

Nah, that was a question towards Adum, not a statement.

It wasn't two-faced at all? Hope you read the responses.
This is going to turn into a stupid back-and-forth with the end result being that I fail to read your slot. Instead, just tell me what your read on Adumb is in a plain sentence or two and I'll ignore weird conflicting pregame posts.

#HBC | ѕoup

Good To Know The Only Thing I Ever Need To Do Is Sheep People

Vote: JDietz43

#HBC | ѕoup

This is going to turn into a stupid back-and-forth with the end result being that I fail to read your slot. Instead, just tell me what your read on Adumb is in a plain sentence or two and I'll ignore weird conflicting pregame posts.
Dumb over Scum.

Better?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Mini v/la til friday, maybe thursday

:phone:

#HBC | ѕoup

That's straightforward.
Do you agree with what I said or is it different reasoning?
Agreed with what you said with a dash of my own reasoning. I'll try and be more clear next time.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
"I won't be reading pregame"
"I hate games with content in pregame"
"I have reads based on what I've read of the pregame content"

Vote: Jdietz43
Congratulations, you've figured out why I don't like pre-game stuff. People somehow use it to justify things ahead of time. Game started, I'm here. If you have a problem with what my actual opinions are, say so, otherwise come off it. You're flat proving to me it was the right decision and pre-game is beyond my scope by voting me for it.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
@JDietz:
1. What's your read on Soup?
2. Anything you did like from your skim?
Don't have one. Haven't paid attention to Sakamoto-san yet.

I don't recall anything majorly positive. Certainly not anything I could call a town read at least.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Walrus: Why did it take you until Nabe spoke to state dislike for my answer to you. You were still here when I responded. Why the delay?

Toastin Dat Walrus

Smash Rookie
Because I'm scum and needed somebody to vote before I did.

Naw I (Gorf) wasn't here when that happened, idk about Kuz but I was watching the Heat game.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
VOTE COUNT:

[3] Jdietz43: Nabe / Toastin' Dat Walrus / Яagnarock

[0] Toastin' Dat Walrus
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] adumbrodeus
[0] Яagnarock
[0] Dark Horse
[0] Kary
[0] Swiss
[0] Blazer
[0] DtJ Glyphmoney
[0] Nabe
[0] Red Ruy
[0] WashedLaundry
[0] Fynal
[0] frozenflame751
[0] Pink Lemonade

[13] Not Voting: -Masquerain- / adumbrodeus / Dark Horse / Kary / Swiss / Blazer / DtJ Glyphmoney / Red Ruy / WashedLaundry / Fynal / frozenflame751 / Pink Lemonade / Jdietz43

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch!

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Discuss why ScumDitz would openly say this as opposed to lurk.
It makes it look like he's actually contributing.

Oh, and this defense:

Congratulations, you've figured out why I don't like pre-game stuff. People somehow use it to justify things ahead of time. Game started, I'm here. If you have a problem with what my actual opinions are, say so, otherwise come off it. You're flat proving to me it was the right decision and pre-game is beyond my scope by voting me for it.
Is bull****

Swiss

Smash Lord
1. Are you genuinely concerned about being night killed?
2. To what extent would you be able to get reads on everyone in the first two days?
3. If I am to sheep you, in what direction should I be going right now?
1. I find my death to be remarkably detrimental to my wincon. I reluctantly agree with Kuz that I am so far above everyone else in this game that I won't be lynched - NK's are my greatest threat. So I take steps to protect myself against them. Traditionally this is simply acquiring doc protect.
2. Extensive. Though perhaps I should imply I need to be alive lategame to have full reads. I don't want you to advocate me hammering, after all.
3. I like this. You don't ask me for my reads, you give me an incentive to tell you my reads.

You should wagon Ditz. What is your avvy and why did you choose it? I'd like to hear more on why we aren't aligned - as opposed to not scumbuddies. I would not have drawn this conclusion - though admit bias.

RR comment on why I haven't voted Ditz.

What wifom?

Mention specific players and analyse their intent.

Like Nabe

@ DH Analyse Ditz' reaction in terms of whether he is flustered, relaxed etc

Top Bottom