• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup 11: Impulse Training

unknown522

Some guy
Singles:

1: Weon-x ($90.00) :foxmelee:
2: Unknown522 ($45.00) :foxmelee:
3: Idea ($15.00) :jigglypuffmelee: :falcomelee:
4: Europhoria :marthmelee:
5: Hammertime :icsmelee:
5: RoidRage :foxmelee:
7: Soul :marthmelee:
7: Eternal :marthmelee:
9: Windrose :falconmelee:
9: An_Hero :peachmelee:
9: Hatcrab
9: Bhav
13: Justin
13: Jethrotex :peachmelee:
13: Fortes :foxmelee:

Doubles:

1: Team Unknowns (Weon-x + Unknown522) ($72.00) :foxmelee: + :foxmelee:
2: Stage collapse (Idea + Euro) ($36.00) :jigglypuffmelee: + :marthmelee: / :falconmelee:
3: HaxBox (Eternal + Wind) ($12.00) :jigglypuffmelee: + :falconmelee:
4: PB&J (Hatcrab + ;))
5: Wandering Albatross (Jethrotex + Hammertime) :peachmelee: + :icsmelee:
5: Rainbow Adventure (Soul + ?) :marthmelee: + ?

Pretty low turnout due to Fathers day. Thanks to those who came out to this. See you all at the next one.

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
ugh, I can't believe I had to play 3 Marths in brackets, I really need to work on that matchup. Gotta get my **** together before Impulse!

weon - X

Smash Ace
^^ looks like someone wants to take the game more seriously. WELCOME :D

I've never beaten KK's sheik tho so it doesnt count

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to spend most of today reading the ICs stickies because I have no idea what happens after I get grabbed.

But I guess all that matters is not getting grabbed >_>

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
^ As a Marth player you don't have quite as many chain grab stuff to worry about since not as many work against him as well as they do against fast fallers. The down throw into down air into regrab is easier for Marth to escape from assuming you SDI out of it properly, you probably just need some practice.

The handoff (which is that thing where popo does a down throw, followed by a regrab by Nana into another throw into another grab by popo and repeat etc. etc) is something that only works near the ledge but is pretty much inescapable by any character in the game. The only thing you can do about that is to make sure you never get grabbed close to the ledge lol.

As for the standard grab into side smash or up smash which IC players do a lot, the only thing you can do about that is to try to shake out of the grab, if you see nana charging a side smash or an up smash just start mashing your controller right away, dont even think about anything else lol. If you get grabbed and the IC player follows up with a blizzard by nana, also start mashing as fast as you can because at lower percents it is fairly easy to shake out of this since nana has a decent amount of lag after doing her blizzard, this should help you avoid getting side smashed by her after she does the blizz and popo is still holding on to you.

I feel kind of stupid when I beat people simply because they don't know what to do after getting grabbed, so I just thought I'd let you know all of that haha. Their other chain stuff is mostly character specific, so as Marth those things are all you really need to watch out for.

Hatcrab Zombie

Smash Cadet
That was a lot of fun, glad I came!
Most of the people who kicked my a** (which was most of the people I played) gave me some advice on how to do better and were generally really cool.

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Hammertime: Thanks. I feel a bit more comfortable with it after reading your post and some of the stickies. If Bernal goes to A&C on Thurs I'll probably ask to practice against his ICs for a bit. It looks like a really hard MU for them though... I saw the MU guide and it basically said "Marth is hard to beat and you can't really do anything if he doesn't approach :(".

That was a lot of fun, glad I came!
Most of the people who kicked my a** (which was most of the people I played) gave me some advice on how to do better and were generally really cool.
Glad you had fun. I don't know much about Sheik but in general you probably just have to play more to get rid of bad habits. I know you did a lot of full jump/double jump fairs against me so after a while I just kinda sat there and waited for a shield grab. Mixing in empty hop grabs might've helped. Also stay away from fsmash... better players would have gotten way more rests lol.

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Eternal how do you get to change the message under your username?

Congrats on the currency camilo
Somewhere in the "edit details" page in the control panel. Pretty sure it's the same place you add your IM info, the character you play, etc.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm going to spend most of today reading the ICs stickies because I have no idea what happens after I get grabbed.

But I guess all that matters is not getting grabbed >_>
Hold up.

No, really. It's that simple. Unless you're at d-throw > up smash vertical KO percent. Then you have to figure out whether you're going up or sideways and DI accordingly (sideways and up, respectively).

Top Bottom