• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skies of Arcadia Mafia - Game Over! Indy (AM) Wins!

Lovably Adorable Kanine

Red Ryu|John2k4
@LaK, you're literally being useless, and if town continues to allow people to just write off what you just said as a response then **** this town and let them lose. I want your reads on Rockin, Orbo, Marshy in that order and what makes you believe what you think about them.
This is going to be a disagreement like with Gheb, I think we have done something here, not A+ or anything but something, I asked those questions in the beginning not to follow up on everyone but to give me a chance to pick who to look at first.

Gave me a good selection and got me started.

They should let me into lylo because I can make sure it goes well, well at least under today opened up and makes me need to pay attention more.

Rockin - Scum, his back and forth I outlined is something I would lynch over in itself and his reponses to his death were very poor. It looks fake to make a statement and then immediately in the same post change his stance right away when he makes it clear the first was is stance at the moment, and then 180s in a second later.

Orbo - Town, but due to the alignment change I will read him still carefully in case of wifom pick on conversion. Gorf scum flip and Orbo's play still make me think town, even if his later posts and reads have made me second guess this, I think he was parroting us, but the Gorf scum flip makes me think better of him.

Marshy - Still town, same statement for Orbo on reading him. They are getting their **** together on scum hunting and not letting people walk away easily. D1 and D2 both solidly make this apparent to me.

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
@MarshMac again, Reads on Orbo and Gheb, You have been hard to read because I don't like a lot of the reads you have been on and you're controlling of the game pace along with the calling out of people on wagon's without pressuring them anymore then that doesn't sit well with me. Even as a null-tell I want you to start being a little more receptive to town, also please start trying to post in a little more conducive manner because reading your posts from one person to the other is getting harder and harder as the game goes on.
which read of ours haven't you liked? if i recall you've joined us on nearly all of our wagons.

we'll get back to you on orbo/gheb. off the top of my my head: Orbo is useless and has always been, dk how i feel about him in regards to being town/scum. wouldn't be opposed to him dying. gheb is null but we're wary, didn't like his early push on lak, seemed to be any easy thing for ghebscum to do.

how are we not being receptive to town? what does that even mean

*** outta here with most of this ****ty post especially w/ "controlling of the game pace"

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Why wouldn't you claim and give town information Rockin?

What does staying quiet about your claim if you were possibly dead do for town?
Not planning on giving town information if they're going to be retarted like they did moments ago, matey.

I was going to be quicklynched. Within a few hours. Pains me broken heart...as I was going to be quicklynched despite:

- Gorf targeting me from D1 with a ****ty case on me

- Gorf having me AND Orbo as scum

It's apparant that town gives jack **** about my claim or what I know of (Marshmellow himself was going all '**** claims' within the last two days, so that itself felt like a 'no care' to me). When I claim, then I'll claim, and it'll be at the appropriate time. I don't like claiming stuff too early in the game, nor do I like it to claim when I'm not legitimately scummy.

Doing what I did does not help town, matey. I just don't like helping idioticy shipmates.

You can tell me I'm on a high horse but I'm not interested in where you're coming from when I believe you to be scum and I'm satisfied with your being lynched today.
Right, matey.

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
Don't know how I feel about this post but I'd like to point out the bold in this post with the bold in the last quote and the one coming up

This is a direct contradiction and ironically enough the same thing he called me out for (saying J is dumb for something) is something he does right here after he feels any sort of pressure
wasn't tryna narrow it down to these two. both of them were just being ridiculous

also you added some text to one of our quotes... i'm just gonna assume that it was by mistake and you think one of j/jtb/me are scum. i don't see why yud assume that wasn't TvTvT... which part of that feels scummy to you?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Really?

Where has he done this as town?
I'm not going to go searching for games at the moment because I can't be bothered but I specifically remember when Rockin gets pegged as a lynch target he starts either throwing out AtE's or sort of just giving up on the game.

@Marshmac, pretty sure I jumped on the Nabe wagon to lynch an inactive but specifically voiced that I had other people I wanted dead. No point in arguing with a wagon with you because you just tend to promise that we'll get to the people I want lynching eventually. However I agreed with Gorf because I wanted him dead and Rockin is fine to go. However I'm ready to start just taking over town because I don't want to let a bunch of quick-lynches/stronghanded play let people fall onto wagons over and over again without actually asking questions.

Also did I read correctly that soups PR has a cooldown because I've never heard of a town RB with a cooldown.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
wasn't tryna narrow it down to these two. both of them were just being ridiculous

also you added some text to one of our quotes... i'm just gonna assume that it was by mistake and you think one of j/jtb/me are scum. i don't see why yud assume that wasn't TvTvT... which part of that feels scummy to you?
What isn't scummy about three players arguing about a recruitment role and each of you implying that one of the other members might have been a possible Recruitee while all the while a quick lynch is quickly building up around it. People seemed more worried about Rockin then that interaction.

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
@Marshmac, pretty sure I jumped on the Nabe wagon to lynch an inactive but specifically voiced that I had other people I wanted dead. No point in arguing with a wagon with you because you just tend to promise that we'll get to the people I want lynching eventually. However I agreed with Gorf because I wanted him dead and Rockin is fine to go. However I'm ready to start just taking over town because I don't want to let a bunch of quick-lynches/stronghanded play let people fall onto wagons over and over again without actually asking questions.
are you serious? this is EXACTLY the point we were making about not quicklynching today. yet you seem to be *****ing at us about this ****

and so basically you admitted to being fine with our reads/wagons. yet before you said you didn't like them...? wat?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I said I've agreed with the last two but not a lot of your other ideas. I don't see where this is confusing. And just because you hop off a wagon that was leading to a quick lynch doesn't mean you weren't the one that started snowballing it.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I just feel like with the alignment swap town is falling further behind because it is now D3 and our lynch from yesterday has basically been nullified. We need to start questioning plays and we need to start scrutinizing every player harder, people getting free passes should not be allowed anymore and people that respond aggresively to questioning should be scrutinized even harder... time to start making the contradictions appear and punish them for it

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
I said I've agreed with the last two but not a lot of your other ideas. I don't see where this is confusing. And just because you hop off a wagon that was leading to a quick lynch doesn't mean you weren't the one that started snowballing it.
I'm sorry for thinkin rockin was scum and voting for him?

not my fault we run this town and our wagons get out of hand. did you miss the post where I unvoted and specifically said we shouldn't quicklynch? did you miss the post directly after that where you said "MMM is whack for getting cold feet and tryna push the lynch even further?"

just in case here they are

unvote

we can't quicklynch today since its basically d1 all over again but without the luxury of us having multiple mislynches to spare

rockin should still die though
J you're dumb real talk

Vote Rockin

gonna throw my vote on to take the spot of Marshmans unusually cold feet.
so come out with it, do you think we're scummy for tryna quicklynch or not?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Not planning on giving town information if they're going to be retarted like they did moments ago, matey.

I was going to be quicklynched. Within a few hours. Pains me broken heart...as I was going to be quicklynched despite:

- Gorf targeting me from D1 with a ****ty case on me

- Gorf having me AND Orbo as scum

It's apparant that town gives jack **** about my claim or what I know of (Marshmellow himself was going all '**** claims' within the last two days, so that itself felt like a 'no care' to me). When I claim, then I'll claim, and it'll be at the appropriate time. I don't like claiming stuff too early in the game, nor do I like it to claim when I'm not legitimately scummy.

Doing what I did does not help town, matey. I just don't like helping idioticy shipmates.
Ok, but you still refuse to assist you faction over this. Even if they might lynch you as mad as you are even if lynched, your doing everyone and yourself a favor by trying to get info.

Why is it a problem to give town info outside of your personal pettiness? Even if they are morons point them to where you wanna go and then go from there.

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
Alright, talk to me then MM.

1. Who could have been recruited? 2. Your play so far toDay was hesitant and voting Lego out of nowhere was weeeeeeird man and giving like 0-anything on why Lego. 3. Plus your reaction to me calling you town was also something that gave me pause because I don't get why you questioned me on that tbh. 4. Also I do not get why you went out on the Rockin wagon when it was catching steam. Major ??? marks for me.

5. Btw, if you say I was recruited, you stink.
1. i could see anyone outside of orbo/rockin/gheb. me/lak/lego/am are all hydras so scum gets TWO minds as opposed to one if recruited. kevin is largely seen as null by most of the game and he can get away with scummy bull**** so hed be good. no ones really had too much beef with you this game so youd be alright as well. jtb/soup were largely seen as protown so theyd be feasible as well. this is NOT me pissing suspicion everywhere. im saying trying to outguess the recruiter is an exercise in futility and if we get a lynch wrong purely off speculation then scum can just say "it was just a hunch!!" and hide behind the ******* protown players who went with it

2. theres nothing scummy about hesitation. think here: scum just recruited someone. that means my townreads are shot to hell at the beginning of d2 and i have to start all over. if we just quicklynch rockin we still have NO IDEA who the recruitee is REGARDLESS of his flip which is EXACTLY what scum want. how people look at me and macman like were aliens for saying this ****ing baffles my mind. the lego vote was a joke playing off macman saying were basically at d1 again tho i really do dislike that slot

3. bro. scum just recruited someone and we both just finished a game where you buddied me. when youre quick to call me town off a post that we think is null and hop on our wagon then yeah it makes us raise an eyebrow

4. quicklynching is bad today for reasons stated earlier in this post

5. i think its possible but you dont bother me at the moment. i smell just fine :p

:phone:

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
kevin...what "other ideas" of ours do you take issue with? we wagoned gorf d1. you hopped on. we wagoned maybe d1. you hopped on. we wagoned gorf d2. you hopped on. the only way your reads dont align with mine is our former townreads but im pretty sure you havent stated a single townread over the course of this game so thats inevitable

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Ok, but you still refuse to assist you faction over this. Even if they might lynch you as mad as you are even if lynched, your doing everyone and yourself a favor by trying to get info.

Why is it a problem to give town info outside of your personal pettiness? Even if they are morons point them to where you wanna go and then go from there.
Look matey, this isn't as easy as it looks. I don't like to get close to the plank, spill my info, keelhall, and then just go with a 'yay, we won' routine. **** doesn't feel right when you're constantly keelhauled and get thanks to 'claiming your roles'

Now quit beating up the horse. I ain't spilling my info no time soon, and you'll just have to deal with it. Making me change my mind won't help no one. When I claim, I claim. Call it petty all you like, matey.

Deal.

Now tell me matey, is there anyone else ya find scummy besides me? Didn't ya have a disagreement with that flaming doggy, Gheb?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I don't feel like lynching Rockin anymore.

I might end up going back to Lego but I swear I just get a bad vibe that I'm on the wrong track and just have tunnel-vision which usually happens with one of my reads.

Marshy vs. KevinM vs. Rockin is amusing to read, tbqh.

@MM/Rockin/LAK/JTB/Soup: I have a question for you guys, what do you guys make of AM coming into the thread purely to just add fire to the Recruiter business? He doesn't say much of who is scum or the like, but more tries to focus on that aspect of trying to throw someone (primarily myself) as the candidate for the recruitee. Is it scummy, in your eyes, to focus on Recruitee>Mafia or the way AM is going about it?

For some reason, just by the way, I like this person who is like a secret "double voter".

Okay, I've gotten out of paranoid waters and just going to stick to what I know at the current time and move on from there. From what I can probably gather considering this is a small is that the mafia faction probably only had 2 people to begin with if they have a recruiter role on their side with the potion thing Gorf had. Or else we are dealing with an indy who can recruit which is garbage with a 3 man mafia team because just meh with certain things that I can't really say/figure out yet.

I feel I did this post back-wards but oh well haha.

Lovably Adorable Kanine

Red Ryu|John2k4

Sorry Raz =P

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Woah, posts been blowing up in my bed time, you guys literally stuffed 4 pages @40ppp. Can't respond to everything at a time plus I have uni until evening so before that I won't be able to respond to everything.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So first of all, I'd have to agree that J seems to be the player that was most likely recruited. In the previous Days he seemed to be interested in pursuing mostly Lego and myself to a lesser extent, now it looks like he's all over the place. That's kind of unusual for a player I have as somewhat stubborn, somewhat tunnely in my memory. The first few posts from this Day alone make me uneasy:

Uuuugh Alignment changers.

Soup, what did you do last night?
I don't know how this matters so much as to not count as fishing tbh. Really don't see what kind of information you'd get from it that could help you as town.

Vote: Gheb_01
I need to refresh myself on this game because most of what I can recall is wanting Gheb gone toDay and then like KevinM/AM possibly. Lego is meeeeeeh.
Could you remind me on why RockinScum? I can see it from his last post but what's the bigger picture?
Rockin is absolutely impossible for me to read.

I'm totally fine with going with how the majority of town views Rockin because honestly I don't even know.
Unvote
Vote: Rockin

Bye-bye, Rockin.
I don't see how any of that adds up? You say 'Lego is meeeeh' but that's not what you said the last Days and I don't particularly remember Kevin being a first-choice lynch for you. In the same hand you switched from 'Don't see Rockin scum', to 'Rockin is impossible for me to read', to 'I'm down to lynch Rockin' within a handful of posts. What happened to your Lego read to have him as 'meeeh' all of a sudden? Can't remember you having him anywhere other than your scumlist. Considering your last post ['Bye-bye, Rockin.'] you also seem to be pretty carefree about lynching somebody you supposedly can't see as scum.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Just a quick hit on the Rockin wagon before I leave: considering how many people are accusing others of having been recruited yet still opting to go for Rockin makes me think that scum has to be on the Rockin wagon, regardless of his own alignment.

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
one more yeah im always puffin
yeah i stay bake cuz ***** i love it
had nothing, but now im stuntin
tell em roll somethin cuz ***** its nuthin
*****s gettin mad cuz my pockets swollen
and everywhere i go yeah im loaded

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
What isn't scummy about three players arguing about a recruitment role and each of you implying that one of the other members might have been a possible Recruitee while all the while a quick lynch is quickly building up around it. People seemed more worried about Rockin then that interaction.
there is nothing inherently scummy about the fight between me/j/jtb at the beginning of this dayphase. after a town is told that someones alignment has changed it is COMPLETELY natural for them to be paranoid of each other. you YOURSELF are succumbing to this: i can tell youve been toying with the idea of me being scum since yesterday and are liking it more and more. whats strange is that yesterday you said your judgment on me would be based on gorfs flip and he flips scum and then you...proceed to attack me. dunno why youre trying to **** on our thread power when youve agreed with literally every wagon weve pushed

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
j/jtb still town

marshmellow acting a bit weird but not weird enough for me to change my priority

legolas looks ok

@legolas if we aren't going rockin which one of kev/gheb do you want, i want gheb more tbh

want to look at lak more, had him as town but he's a possible target

am looks nasty still, probably gonna look at gorf wrt this slot and assess my reads

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
gheb is my second choice actually, i dislike him but i feel like there's something else that needs to be taken care of

when i get on a computer ill iso gorf and go from there

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So I'm suddenly a lynch choice because __________________ ?

There was nothing 'bad' or 'hyperbole' about either post. Macman / Marshy, neither of you is beyond elaboration so unless you actually point out what's supposedly so bad about it I'm going to assume that you don't actually have anything worth to say on that matter.
If anything, you're the one who's being shady here considering how much of J's scummy play you justify as him being '********'. Even without the recruiter in mind you don't find *anything* suspicious about how quickly he changed his ways? Nothing weird about how he jumped on Rockin? About how he couldn't see his scumminess yet your command was enough to make him OK with a Rockin lynch all of a sudden? Is that all OK with you because J is '********'?

My read on Rockin lines up with J's initial read on him toDay so I'm all the more confused how a couple of posts of yours - not even convincing ones or with decent content - could change his mind so drastically. That has nothing to do with him being ******** at all [and from what I read I can't see anything that would give you the idea that he's playing ******** to begin with].

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Still haven't read everything yet though but I can already tell that Orbo continues to be useless so again I can't see how a Rockin lynch has more merit than an Orbo lynch. Ever since I've called out his shady *** play from Day 1 he continues to coast through this game.

Top Bottom