• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tekken Mafia | Now with the real endgame flavour.... Who won?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Soup is BP tonight right?

Swiss gets doc on Kuz scum flip, do no deviate from this.

Cop an vig can WIFOM it for all I can remember.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Explain.

What was key was that he took action yet after my pressure didn't feel the need to grab for credit. His deifying me was perhaps unnecessary but I glossed over it. Hell, I am that good.

Doc on me. Vig free shoot. Want investigatives on Kary, maybe Ditz. I'll take a Soup inno too.
You are good, but not so good that we can't lynch you later if we're wrong about you.

I'm sure in a few ingame days we'll be able to have an okay case against you if you are scum. No one is that good.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Swiss I'll let you pick one of those for me to elaborate on. I'll even end my post in italics for you.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Also, getting ready to host a game on Nuzlocke forum. They've never not known the roles in the game. Used this game as an example for them to understand what mafia actually should look like. <_<

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
End of Round 1

[9] Toastin' Dat Walrus: Red Ruy / Jdietz43 / adumbrodeus / Swiss / Dark Horse / WashedLaundry / Nabe / Blazer / Яagnarock

[1] Swiss: Toastin' Dat Walrus
[1] Яagnarock: Pink Lemonade

[5] Not Voting: Kary / DtJ Glyphmoney / Fynal / frozenflame751 / -Masquerain-
_

“Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the King of Iron Fist Tournament 2012”

A massive applause ensued followed by huge rumblings in the ground as the audience stamped their feet and gleamed in disbelief as those giant heavy metal doors blocking them finally opened to reveal a new state-of-the-art fighting arena. Now this was something special.

Everyone rushed in to take their seats, eyeing up the glossy interior; beautiful crystallised pillars supported a very modern décor, accompanied by swan-shaped fountains and exotic vegetation scattered about. A dash of Shalini fragrance doused the air ventilation and hugged the interior in a light fresh flowery smell. It was all so posh and beautiful, and members of the crowd finally justified that $1000000 entrance fee...

But all this was meaningless when the world’s 16 best fighters took centre stage looking as strong and ready for the win as ever. They eyed each other up and down, analysing their competition. The atmosphere was TENSE.

“I’m gonna win this EASILYshouted one of the fighters, flexing those massive muscles, chest thrusting out like a true macho man.

“Heh…” whispered another fighter quietly, “I don’t think so… In fact you haven’t got a chance”

This fighter was particularly odd, looking all sly centre stage. In fact, this fighter was odd enough to have a dangerous conversation during the tournament’s opening ceremony. What a sneak...

*tap* *tap*

“What are you doing…? You can’t talk to me now…”

“All these fighters are cocky and I don’t like that. I think things need to be shaken up… NOW”

“Hold up a second. We need to remain discreet. Is there anyone you can just chat to for now...?”

“No.”

“Alright well hold up until the tournament actually starts, we don’t need to do anyth-”

...A huge rumble rippled across the floor.

"What the **** was that?"

The crowd started to nervously flounder about at random as they felt a huge rumble ripple through the interior like a knife through butter. The situation was dangerous! One of the pillars immediately crumbled, shattering into millions, foreshadowing the epic collapse that was about to ensue...

Meanwhile the 16 fighters, still standing tall and proud centre stage, looked across at the panicked audience, trying to gauge the situation...

"Who did this?" shouted one of the fighters

"I don't know but this doesn't look good. Someone is definitely responsible for this..."

"THAT GUY OVER THERE LOOKS SUSPICIOUS AND I SAW HIM DO SOMETHING SUSPICIOUS"... shouted another fighter...

"I THINK... HE'S SUSPICIOUS... YEAAAH!"

The fighters turned to face,,,

Toastin' Dat Walrus

PLEASE LISTEN TO ME

"You must be mistaken?" they spoke, looking as doped up as ever. "I think you are all mistaken. In fact if I were to meditate over this and ponder over who is responsible, I'd say that... everyone here is hiding something dark and dangerous,,,"

*EEERRR...???*

Those were the collective thoughts of the fighters as they witnessed Toastin' Dat Walrus disappear into a fine mist...

...but unfortunately his illusion powers had run out at that exact moment. As he lay there, powerless, he looked over at the remaining 15 fighters walking over to him... slowly...

...and slowly...

...and...

Toastin' Dat Walrus, Yoshimitsu, Vanilla Townie, has been K.Od (aka lynched).

Яagnarock is our champ!

He has Night kill immunity toNight.

_

It is now Night 1. No posting please! You have 48 hours to send in Night actions.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
End of Night 1

“The wheels are in motion. Everything seems to be going according to plan...”
___

As Night fell, the explosive rumbles died down. At this point it was as if time had frozen. The crowd, half evacuated, slowed down its pace. A few members turned around and took to their seats.

"Maybe what just happened WAS part of the show?" exclaimed one member...

Everyone looked confused.

"Everyone get back to your seats," shouted the announcer, "The show must go on!..."

___

Meanwhile, the 15 remaining fighters were backstage, resting during the night. They pondered about what had just happened, and thought that maybe it was part of a deeper plan. Who would want to ruin this year's tournament?

As everyone pondered, there was one fighter who felt very uneasy...

"*roar*... *growl*... *big roar*?"

He could hear footsteps in the distance. They sounded suspicious. He wasn't articulate enough to express himself but he felt compelled to check it out and follow the noise. As he left his room backstage, he continued to walk through the dark dank corridors and across the explosive rubble that had emerged from Round 1's shenanigans...

...suddenly things became... scary...

The footsteps stopped. He could hear faint whispers instead. They were inaudible, but he felt they had meaning. He walked slowly and attempted to hone in on the noise. He got closer and closer to the source...

How unfortunate...

May we take a moment to honour this fighter...

frozenflame751, King I, Vanilla Townie, has been severely whacked over the head, causing deathly concussion (aka Night killed).

___

Let your fists do the talking! Round 2 begins:

VOTE COUNT:

[0] -Masquerain-
[0] adumbrodeus
[0] Яagnarock
[0] Dark Horse
[0] Kary
[0] Swiss
[0] Blazer
[0] DtJ Glyphmoney
[0] Nabe
[0] Red Ruy
[0] WashedLaundry
[0] Fynal
[0] Pink Lemonade
[0] Jdietz43

[14] Not Voting: -Masquerain- / adumbrodeus / Яagnarock / Dark Horse / Kary / Swiss / Blazer / DtJ Glyphmoney / Nabe / Red Ruy / WashedLaundry / Fynal / Pink Lemonade / Jdietz43

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch!
Deadline set for Saturday 30th June, Midnight GMT.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
The difference between myself and Toastin is that I have only been trying to lynch Toastin since I got my scumread - if you look at our interactions I do not call him scum till he did something (when I voted, look just before that, I don't recall the post. Which I probably should) Toastin has spent the entire game attempting to lynch/cripple me. He has not created a case as to why I am scum, merely accused me of attacking credibility and tried scare tactics.
Vote: Swiss

Will talk later, when I can think. Swiss you do not look good on a re-read.

@Soup: Your read on Swiss, por favor.

Ugh.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I lol'd so hard at "*roar...Growl...Big roar*" And the fact that tradition continues and Frozen was the one to die, even if we just lost what could've been our biggest player if he would just have been posting.

Also, I almost agree with Kary. It makes me nervous that Swiss was the biggest push on Toastin. Thing is, Toastin brought it on him/themself and did in fact look incredibly scummy. Swiss is a super good player as well, so you'd think if anyone had a shot at seeing Toastin as town it'd have been him...

Conclusion: I can't say I find Swiss suspicious still. Toastin was too scummy acting. Swiss is gonna be one to watch though, imo.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I plan on re-reading Swiss myself. While Toastin did bring this on himself asking for Swiss's premature death, I can't shake the feeling somewhere in there it was TvS, and Adum has earned my trust. Thoughts?

Still want to hear from Ryu and Glyph some more.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I lol'd so hard at "*roar...Growl...Big roar*" And the fact that tradition continues and Frozen was the one to die, even if we just lost what could've been our biggest player if he would just have been posting.

Also, I almost agree with Kary. It makes me nervous that Swiss was the biggest push on Toastin. Thing is, Toastin brought it on him/themself and did in fact look incredibly scummy. Swiss is a super good player as well, so you'd think if anyone had a shot at seeing Toastin as town it'd have been him...

Conclusion: I can't say I find Swiss suspicious still. Toastin was too scummy acting. Swiss is gonna be one to watch though, imo.
This post is painful to my eyes.

#HBC | ѕoup

Vote: Swiss

Will talk later, when I can think. Swiss you do not look good on a re-read.

@Soup: Your read on Swiss, por favor.

Ugh.
I'll throw you a curveball, what do you think of Blazer?

#HBC | ѕoup

[9] Toastin' Dat Walrus: Red Ruy / Jdietz43 /adumbrodeus / Swiss / Dark Horse / WashedLaundry / Nabe/ Blazer / Яagnarock
Red is where we should start looking.

#HBC | ѕoup

It's going to be tough for me to decipher whether adum was being arrogantly wrong or trying to push a non-existant case, a part of me wants to feel like it's incredibly bull**** and it doesn't add up, but i'm gonna give him time to react to his mundo scum-read flipping town.

WashedLaundry hasn't done enough and I know he's working on other things but really he was on the wagon without purpose.

I dislike Blazer still, I thought I was going to be content with him but his first post has god me crawling back to my roots of the scum-read, it's full of holes and it's just poorly presented.

The first part consists of fluff for no reason, why it's there, I don't know. It's null for the most part.

The second part however is just nasty and has a ton of back-doors, he states he almost agrees with kary but continues to go on how 'toastin brought it up him/themself.' Almost as an excuse as a miscalculated read, dislike. I dislike that's he not using this flip as anything regarding his own reads instead of just clashing with the fact Swiss is a super good player, and that Toastin might have been right on him. I don't understand why it suddenly comes to this conclusion and after all this he goes ahead and says:

"I think swiss is null."

It's highly contradictive and totally against the point made in that whole post, it almost seems like he just made it to appeal, because I don't really see anything that is telling or doesn't have a back-door in it somewhere, do you?

Massive IGMEOY from JDietz, just a feeling I get from the fact that, even though Toastin didn't give us much, he still sat on him for no reason and did nothing else. I understand this is the same case as some other people but there's a huge difference.

I'm null on Swiss, and unlike Blazer, I haven't really looked into things and I don't have an excuse as to why I am, I remember liking his thought process but there's not ending ends tied up for me to be satisfied.

#HBC | ѕoup

I remember liking Dark Horse. I remember liking Nabe. I remember having some PR read on Red Ryu.

The people who weren't voting are also a catch, but i'll get to that later, right now I want to focus on the root and work down to the stem, which might be the people who decided to not even vote Toastin, with their one justified reasons I hope.

@everyone who didn't vote Toastin: Read above paragraph.

Blazer

Smash Ace
My reasoning for not being able to vote on Swiss is something I stated in my larger post before, I don't feel as if I can hold a case against him. Nothing he's posted has any kind of obvious scum tell to me, and lynching him when for all we know he's a townie is a terrible idea. Then we'd be down 3/4 of our big players (Adum being all that's left).

#HBC | ѕoup

Don't worry about big players. Worry about lynching scum. Would you lynch Swiss if given the opportunity?

Blazer

Smash Ace
Currently no. Like I said there's not enough info to hold a case on him.
At best he's an FOS right now. Issue being that Toastin went after him like mad and I lean more towards either him just firing back because he wanted rid of someone annoying him or him genuinely thinking (Like the rest of us) Toastin was mafia than him having baited Toastin to get him lynched.

#HBC | ѕoup

Null qualifies for an FoS now? I thought you didn't suspect him? But he didn't do this?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Ok, cool. Last question for the time being:
How confident are you in Toastin' being scum right now? Please give me a percentage figure.
This peaked my curiosity, tell me more about your thought process here. Clearly you knew I was confident in my read as I had openly said it - why was attaching a figure, or for that matter the question, necessary?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Kuz: Most of pregame. 149 Rubbed me wrong, no signifigant reason.
158, He's on swiss early. For really no reason. Yes, Swiss is a good player, but taking his immunity etc d1 may not be the best go for the town.
Fynal makes a good point on him at 174.
185 He's really only trying to get Swiss to take immunity so that he's killable later if needed. This strikes me as odd. You're basically asking for Swiss to die. Also, killing the doctor means swiss dies immediately with his plan, unless Swiss is mafia, but then we'd probably know.
210 Swiss makes a lot of good points on Kuz
251: Toastin obviously fears Swiss. But he makes a good point that Swiss is good enough to get out of anything. I'd still rather have him around myself than have him nightkilled by mafia D2
260: Really has no bearing on Kuz techincally but, FF should have the hammer D1. Since I played here, he's always been first to die.
320: Just an interjection to him saying everyone has town read on swiss over nothing: Swiss has been doing plenty. He just plays a very null style that leans town.
In finality, if you don't believe that we can lynch Swiss during the day, why are you trying at him so hard?
Most likely to be scum of anyone, imo.

Swiss:Swiss is an incredible player, makes him a difficult read.
Post 210 he asks for the doc to save him without fail. This bothers me as it leaves open everyone else, but in all honesty, the way he plays I'd probably be saving him.
Also the post where he wanted people to sheep to him and him asking me just a few posts ago to sheep to him, bother me. But he has an incredible ego (Much like I used to in games where I'm obscenely above the other players; I would go so far as to mentor a player each game to improve them.) so I'm not going to throw an attack on him for that style of play.
Most likely town, but it's impossible to tell.

Kary makes a good point on Swiss and Kuz at 275 saying they just want the immunity for themselves (And control of the game imo), this leads to me thinking one of them is likely mafia. If I'm wrong though the town would be in deep trouble.

Jdietz: 119 It just bothered me the way his whole series of posts went here. No real reason why.
Don't have a huge case on him, but I lean towards scum on him currently. Just his playstyle maybe.

Glyph: Just constant psychiatric jokes. Nothing against him really other than inactivity and lulz that are secretly serious. I'm giving him the townie card.

Ragnarok: Went super aggressive on me when I was still fairly inactive, regardless of the fact that I'd stated numerous times why I had been. Seems like an attack on a player who hasn't yet caught up hoping to just play outright aggressor to get me lynched. A tactic that is commonly successful that I hate.
Also, always seems to be in attack mode when he posts talking to anyone. That just rubs me wrong.Read 343 for reference here.
Feels scummy, but not enough to warrant a vote.

FF: Just seriously innactive. But that's normal FF play so it's impossible to have a real read.

No one else has really stood out. Adumb really hasn't given me much of a read like he has for you all.

Vote: Kuz

Just because he's the one I have the biggest case against.

Won't likely post again until late tonight, and will most likely be late tomorrow posting as well. Both times I will likely be exhausted and just be popping in for a small post.
Man I skipped this post 3 times trying to find it. GG map aware.

Adum I set Blazer up with the implication that to look pro-town on Kuz' flip (which I believed would be scum) he would have to utterly dissect and make a real case - hammering in his firm scum stance. Had he been Kuz' scumbuddy he would have felt an obligation and gone for a hard bus. When he did post, not only did he consider other players, he helped with the lynch but crucially, didn't in my eyes grav for any scumlynch credit - which someone bussing would have certainly done.

He voted Kuz "Just because he's the one I have the biggest case against". The entire point of getting him to post that was to see if he was Kuz' buddy - and it lead to the quite obvious conclusion that he was not. Hence my concluding "not scum buddies" to you. Admittedly this proves useless on Kuz' town

Now, explain.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Null qualifies for an FoS now? I thought you didn't suspect him? But he didn't do this?
You're reaching, there's no point to even answering this.It wouldn't have mattered what I said, you were going to have an answer to attempt to scummify(is that a word?) me.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Kary is one of the closest things to a surefire townie to me without saying it. Thus far in game Kary's pretty well been against jumping on "easy" lynch targets, and had a post early on (I am so not going to find it) where everyone agreed Kary seemed extremely town sided. This may actually be the first time Kary's even really jumped on anyone at all other than asking a few questions to move discussion and gain reads.

Kary as far as I'm concerned is pro-town unless something comes up.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Ahahaha I OMGUS'd.

My vote is legit, honest.

Lots more detail please.
This early in the Day, and you're already worried about how your vote looks?
Anyhow, here's some points to mull over.

Also to addressing you, what do you want? All you're doing is pressuring me to see if I'll give in to wasting my immunity so you can try and read me - whilst also calling me scum overtly in thread to try and weaken my thread power and irritate me. I'm not an imbecile.

If you truly thought me scum you would have voted me or made action to try and rally other players.
Here you're questioning Kuz's credibilty, asking what he's doing. Apparently him asking about your immunity is so that he can read you, but him calling you scum is a power play. You don't seem to like the pressure on you, and you argue that Kuz 'doesn't really think you're scum'.

I was and will.

Under no circumstances am I wasting my immunity D1.
Oh look, you have a huge ego. Later on you do a 180 on this stance, though.

Solidly null, Soup.

He has a habit of err'ing on the side of obnoxious force to produce results. If he's scum I don't think he'll survive too long.
You know what Kuz is doing, so why did it need the above response?

My issue is thus, you wish me to compromise my life - and in return give me the choice of the weakest lynch of the game. Of course, regardless of my faction I want immunity for when I chose, but this trade works not to be "pro town" but simply "anti-Swiss".

You are attempting to, as you say, safeguard town against me - but you do this by compromising my duration in this game and not by constraining my potential alignment. You have not suggested I be copped, tracked, watched, masoned, time travelled, sent a letter to name-copped etc etc etc (the "pro town clear"). I dislike the process this takes me down.
You asked us to ignore this, but it's interesting nonetheless. You started the debate with Kuz as to who should choose the lynch/have the hammer over the first few days, and now you're suggesting that because Kuz isn't suggesting other alternatives that he must be anti-Swiss not pro-town. You also don't clear up what the difference is between Anti-Swiss and pro-town are, but are adamant that you will need immunity.

1. I find my death to be remarkably detrimental to my wincon. I reluctantly agree with Kuz that I am so far above everyone else in this game that I won't be lynched - NK's are my greatest threat. So I take steps to protect myself against them. Traditionally this is simply acquiring doc protect.
How detrimental your death is to your wincon is proportional to the number of members in your faction, agreed? Less members, losing each one hurts more. Arguing that your death is bad for your wincon could just be utterly blind ego, but makes most sense as scum.

Kuz, calm down and reign it in. It does not become you.

I query why you are accusing me of being scum, yet advocate the doc wifom his protect between us.

I'll comment tonight.
Now you're just calling Kuz out on... his playstyle?

Kuz accuses me of trying to damage his credibility yet clearly has no regard for it. He made up a question from me to him, so that he could imply myself and Ditz are scumbuddies.

I dislike intensely his method.
Again, calling Kuz on his playstyle.
There's a big difference between not caring about your own credibility, and calling someone out on trying to damage it. Arguably, Kuz doesn't care about his credibility, but is wary of you trying to damage his credibility, because the motive you'd have for doing so is scummy; you're trying to make him look bad.

Vote Toastin

Working late
Now he's a scumread?

Worked till half nine, back at work now.

Will post at lunch.

Other people agreeing on the Toastin lynch brings warm feelings to my heart.
Riiiiight. Nice AtE here.

Appealing to town instead of just questioning me about it. Figures. Swiss, why am I scum besides my connections with Dietz? You had me as solidly null recently but now that some have backlashed at me you're taking the opportunity to change that read.
Well this is interesting. Did you ever address this?

And I was making legitimate points as opposed to poking at his cred.

As opposed to Kuz who has been doing the opposite and >>made up a question from me so he could take a dig at me<<
Forgive me my ignorance, but I couldn't find the legitimate points you made against Kuz.

Kary. Yes.

Why on earth would I say otherwise.
By this point you must have a scumread on Kuz, but I still don't know why. The answer to why I shouldn't vote him is obvious; he could be town.

> Wagon forms on Toastin.

> Goes inactive so people forget about him hopes some ******* townie makes a scummy post and a last minute bandwagon pops.
This is just a big reach, and again criticism of his playstyle.

Fynal will vote with us. Looking at Joey to man up also.

We've secured the lynch we want - now to simply make sure we utterly ignore any rebuttals Kuz tries to come out with.
This is ridiculous, and seems to assume that everyone voting Kuz is just as confident as you in their scumread on Kuz.

Short and sweet is: More interested in killing me than reading me, done so under the guise of Swiss is so good he has to die. Plus has spent 99% of the game trying to shred the credibility of various players.
This is pure and utter nonsense. 'Wasting' your immunity certainly isn't the same as trying to kill you, and you have no evidence to suggest that he's more interested in doing this as opposed to trying to read you. Even if he is trying to discredit you, I do not think that this has been his main focus, but you're making it out to seem that way.

The difference between myself and Toastin is that I have only been trying to lynch Toastin since I got my scumread - if you look at our interactions I do not call him scum till he did something (when I voted, look just before that, I don't recall the post. Which I probably should) Toastin has spent the entire game attempting to lynch/cripple me. He has not created a case as to why I am scum, merely accused me of attacking credibility and tried scare tactics.
This is gallons of weaksauce. Your argument appears to be that at some point you got a scumread on Kuz and since then you've been trying to lynch him, whereas Kuz has been determined to hurt you (i.e. have you hammer) all game, completely ignoring why he might be pushing for this, or how serious he may be. You haven't made a case either, and are basically just appealing to town.

The percentage would be arbitrary.

I am highly confident in Scum Toastin'.

Let's say 9/10.
This is funny, because I can't see where you even tried to read Kuz. You went from disliking their play to pushing their lynch in a heartbeat.

This peaked my curiosity, tell me more about your thought process here. Clearly you knew I was confident in my read as I had openly said it - why was attaching a figure, or for that matter the question, necessary?
I asked because I was trying to tell whether or not I should follow you. As it turns out, your overconfidence gave me pause, because you seemed blind to any hint of Town Toastin' that seemed to be around. I don't know how you managed to be so confident in your read, and suffice to say I don't trust you because of that.

Why did Swiss push for a Kuz lynch?
Why did Swiss not want to hear Kuz's reply?
Why was Swiss so focused on the way Kuz was playing, not his intentions?

All these questions and more, answered,
after..... Swiss' flip! ;)

Talk about, and to, Blazer.
No, I can't be arsed right now. I need him to post more, anyways.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
V/LA until Monday for my cousin's wedding

Food for thought and discussion before I go...
ITT: Swiss becomes afraid of a newbie for maybe being a threat to him

Before:
Toastin' Dat Walrus (Gorf/Kuz Hydra) -Scum
-Masquerain- - Town. It seems like he's making mistakes (I feel as though several times he's wanted to go back and reread something), but he's being way too calm to be scum.
adumbrodeus -Town. There was no reason for him to jump on Kuz early game as scum, as what he jumped on was so meaningless that it could have easily been ignored.
Яagnarock- Null, Haven't been paying much attention to this guy
Dark Horse - Town
Kary- Town -like how he's asking questions: he's trying to get more information than what's present.
Swiss- Town
Blazer- Don't think this guy has posted yet
DtJ Glyphmoney- Slight town lean. The only thing I remember him doing was questioning Ditz, which I liked
Nabe-See Glyph
Red Ruy- Leaning town,*
Fynal-Haven't been paying that much attention to him
WashedLaundry- Inactive, it seems like it
frozenflame751- Null, has he even posted yet?
Pink Lemonade (July/Ranmaru Hydra)- Null. Will probably look into this more
Jdietz43- Scum
Wow.

Yes, our reads line up.
After:
Reyth was a highly intelligent, inherently evil man. You can feel spiderwebs.

I trust you not.

Good luck guys.

Swiss

Smash Lord
> mfw Kary is a stout fan of Kuz after the lynch

Will respond with malice later.

I'd issue a call to arms to lynch Kary, but he'd only say that was AtE too.

Top Bottom