• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skies of Arcadia Mafia - Game Over! Indy (AM) Wins!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb, what are you planning on doing when I flip town then? AM is at least considering other options yet you are just being stubborn and have it "narrowed down" to me or MM being the recruited scum.
Wait, what other options is he considering? I'm not saying that it has to be either you or MM that got recruited, in fact Marsh doesn't really give off the impression of having been recruited toDay [yeah, I admit I was wrong on that, sue me -.-] ... despite the choice being somewhat nearby as I pointed out. I do think you're scummy either way and since there's a chance that you could've been recruited [and your play heavily implies such] your flip is not vain. Even if it were a town-flip at the very least I'd consider LAK clear, which doesn't make the slot's play better but at least improves our number situation even more. And before you twist my words again: No, I'm not *gunning* for that. I'm still gunning for Jscum. But if it doesn't happen it's not the end of the world.

And really, unless you earnestly expect Orbo to flip town then you should be only half as worried as you seem to be right now.

:059:

MM isn't even suspicious in my book. I also never mentioned him as such so I have no idea why you get that idea. If I thought he were scum I'd tell you so and would try to get him lynched rather than trying to convince him that J is scum -.-

Because while, yes, you are pushing J/Orbo, you are certainly treating MM like a secondary lynch.

If I had to say your lynch order right now, it would be:

Orbo
J
LAK
MM

Meanwhile you aren't willing to lynch:

Rockin
Yourself

I have no clue what your stance on myself, KevMo, Legolas, JTB, or Soup is.
Look at the bolded. You say you would push him if you thought he was scum, but I'm explicitly saying you're not. However, you're treating him like you're priming him to go, especially toward the start of the day phase. Lately, you could be considered to just really clash with basically everything he says and think he's simply wrong, but even in how you approach that with your tone and word choice, you are setting him up to be implied as a scum possibility which makes people raise eyebrows and gives you an easy jump onto him should your Orbo/J not work out. So spell it out for me. If, right now, God were to strike down Orbo and J and both were to flip town, where would you be pushing? If they were struck down and Orbo flipped mafia, but not recruiter and J flipped town, where would you be pushing? If they both flipped recruiter and recruitee, where would you be pushing? If Orbo flipped mafia, but J flipped some indy recruitee, where would you be pushing?

Just play it straight for me real quick and we can cut it off before it gets started because I can already feel J looking at you as his way out.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Bull! On you never considering MM.

Explain your AM suspicion you keep alluding to.
Read my posts or gtfo.

why do you think AM is scum?

what do you think about kev?
I already said why I think AM bothers me big time ... and for what it's worth I realize Kevin is pretty much in the same boat. I feel like both are setting me up for my town flip by constantly backing-up my reads without openly defending me to blur the 'paper trail' that Kevin loves to mention.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If, right now, God were to strike down Orbo and J and both were to flip town, where would you be pushing? If they were struck down and Orbo flipped mafia, but not recruiter and J flipped town, where would you be pushing? If they both flipped recruiter and recruitee, where would you be pushing? If Orbo flipped mafia, but J flipped some indy recruitee, where would you be pushing?
1.) Orbo / J both town - would look at you / Kevin and would possibly reconsider my stance on Rockin

2.) Orbo scum / J town - same

3.) Recruiter / Recruitee - if game isn't over by then I'd look at LAK for sure although I'd prefer prefer Rockin. I'd exclude you / Kevin from the list in that case because that'd mean you bussed 3 scumbuddies and I think that is even beyond you

4.) Orbo scum / J indy Recruitee - same

Gheb, what are you planning on doing when I flip town then? AM is at least considering other options yet you are just being stubborn and have it "narrowed down" to me or MM being the recruited scum.

:phone:
Only if Orbo, J and AM aren't lynch options. Otherwise I'd lynch any of those first.

THAT'S what I'm talking about Gheb. That's your fallback. I don't agree with the read, I don't like the read, and I don't see/haven't seen the thought process behind the read. That is what bothers me the most about you today.

Also, I see my name, so now I have a better idea on one of those spots in your readlist.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Come to think of it I'm willing to drop the whole LAK thing if people stop making a bigger deal out of it than needed and take a closer look at Kevin.

3.) Recruiter / Recruitee - if game isn't over by then I'd look at LAK for sure

[...]

4.) Orbo scum / J indy Recruitee - same

So you think that if J is recruited scum, then LAK is on the table still. The only flip in which you like LAK is a J town flip. This implies to me that you don't think LAK was recruited. So that means if Orbo and J flip recruiter/recruitee, then you think LAK is on that scum team as well?

Walk me through LAK on Days 1-3 and what he's done that has you with your teeth sunk so far in. Don't tell me he's just been useless because that's pretty garbage at this point.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
THAT'S what I'm talking about Gheb. That's your fallback. I don't agree with the read, I don't like the read, and I don't see/haven't seen the thought process behind the read. That is what bothers me the most about you today.
It's currently my 3rd fallback lynch and I only mention it because you guys keep asking for it. In all likeliness, LAK isn't going to get lynched and I don't even have an issue with that unless none of the other 3 are plays ...

And I'm starting to get around that we might deal with a bigger dose of Kevinscum than people are aware of. He may actually be a play toDay.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So you think that if J is recruited scum, then LAK is on the table still. The only flip in which you like LAK is a J town flip. This implies to me that you don't think LAK was recruited. So that means if Orbo and J flip recruiter/recruitee, then you think LAK is on that scum team as well?

Walk me through LAK on Days 1-3 and what he's done that has you with your teeth sunk so far in. Don't tell me he's just been useless because that's pretty garbage at this point.
LAK is always on the table since he is connected to J and if J is scum I can't just ignore it. To be fair, it's the only way I can actually see LAK as scum though and even then it's unlikely and I'd just look at him to dissect the risk / reward of the WIFOM much around their claim.

More likely than not, I'm not going to push LAK for the rest of the game. Tell me if you guys are down to lynch him though, I'd join at any time.

How did Gheb treat Gorf on Days 1-2?

The only situation that I see Gheb scum in is Gheb scum who is not aligned with J scum and probably not Orbo scum dependent on how he treated Gorf's lynch.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
computer broke last night and been working on it nonstop. dont have work today though, so i should be able to fix it soon and still have time for this

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Unvote

No hammer-drop before I dug into Kevin's stuff.

Marsh, you've mentioned him a couple of times, what do you think of him? Do you think there's a connection between him, me and maybe AM? If so what makes you think so?

Soup. If you actually did roleblock someone last night, I really need you to out that for me. I may actually have something if you did block someone.

Talked to Alex throughout my lunch break. I am frustratingly close to figuring out this set-up. Like, REALLY close. I can feel it in my bones.

When I die, then mass claim. Consider that my last will and testament. I am ninety percent sure that the set-up will solve itself out after about two more roles come out that aren't J/Orbo.

If I'm still alive, I'm probably going to push for a mass claim after toMorrow.

Whenever it happens, put Kevin at the front of it and Gheb/Rockin not far behind.

It's freaking killing me. There is one complete gap in my set-up crack and if Rockin had freaking claimed, there is a good chane I could match faces to most every one of the roles. I have one role that exists that is either held by Rockin or Legolas and I think that the other one is probably the hole I need to plug.

In the event of an Orbo town flip, I will have to do some serious reevalutaion, but that's mostly rearranging the faces I have tagged, not the roles themselves.

I actually expected you to have been lying. May still get something, but maybe not. Give me 30ish so I can finish something else first.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
On the off chance he flips town and had a role with information for town to use?

That isn't helpful at all amiright?
Wasn't you on the Nabe wagon with 3 days to spare? Why didn't you stop anyone that time?

Marshmallow, are you still getting that townie vibe from JTB despite being a broken record on nothing but my lynch?

What DO you find townie about JTB anyway? He hasn't spoken much about other players throughout most of the Days, and majority of his posts are related to me in terms of

1) not claiming

2) finding me scummy

3) wanting me lynched.

I don't even think he listed anyone else scummy besides me. Isn't that really odd to you how much he's sheeping?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Man Rockin, you're sure doing yourself no favors here. You've literally skipped pages of discussion to ask a rather trivial question [not to mention that it has already been answered] and to complain about a read that seems fairly irrelevant right now. What are your reads and who do you think is the play?

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
reasons why i think kevin is probs scum: (some are more telling than others)

kevin's post have been awful literally all game

he pushed on J/LAK d1, both of whom are confirmed town d1/d2.

gorf had him as null

he voted soup, a strong town read given soup's d2 roleblock claim. (this isnt a big deal, since it was his first vote and his reason was cuz of daykill bull**** by soup)

He joins my wagon on gorf. This isn't inherently scummy in and of itself but you have to look at the context. He completely drops soup and doesn't mention him again in order to join my wagon which is similar to what he did in mario party 2 with marshy's wagon and mentosman. He then later lacks gorf in his scum(or null)list despite voting him earlier claiming he thought he was scum.

he said on d3 that he thinks the game will be over if we lynch both rockin/orbo... which doesn't make any sense because theres no way in hell either rockin or orbo got recruited

he says he doesn't like our reads this game despite joining most of our wagons. when asked which reads specifically he doesn't give a direct answer and responds with this

@Marshmac, pretty sure I jumped on the Nabe wagon to lynch an inactive but specifically voiced that I had other people I wanted dead. No point in arguing with a wagon with you because you just tend to promise that we'll get to the people I want lynching eventually. However I agreed with Gorf because I wanted him dead and Rockin is fine to go. However I'm ready to start just taking over town because I don't want to let a bunch of quick-lynches/stronghanded play let people fall onto wagons over and over again without actually asking questions.
which doesn't specify any of our reads that he disagreed with, we ask him again later and he never actually gives us a concrete answer. if there were reads he actually disagreed with, then he should be able to easily specify them

@bolded: he speaks out against us for trying to push quicklynches yet he just tried to push the rockin quicklynch, as can be seen here and here. it's a blatant contradiction. in that last link, he even goes out of his way to ridicule ppl who aren't helping quicklynch rockin and says spending time [not qling] is gonna hurt town in the long run.

but then he *****es at us for trying to start the rockin quicklynch, which is a blatant contradiction to what he said previously. So KevinM being against quicklynching doesn't seem at all genuine. he also completely ignores the fact that we specifically spoke out against quicklynching toDay, as is seen in this exchange between us

are you serious? this is EXACTLY the point we were making about not quicklynching today. yet you seem to be *****ing at us about this ****

and so basically you admitted to being fine with our reads/wagons. yet before you said you didn't like them...? wat?
I said I've agreed with the last two but not a lot of your other ideas. I don't see where this is confusing. And just because you hop off a wagon that was leading to a quick lynch doesn't mean you weren't the one that started snowballing it.
he also never responds to our #973 where we highlight his seeming contradiction and also try to get him to make a concrete statement regarding whether he thinks our actions paint us as scum (we were getting tired of the passive-aggressive attacks hed been lobby at us prior)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Man Rockin, you're sure doing yourself no favors here. You've literally skipped pages of discussion to ask a rather trivial question [not to mention that it has already been answered] and to complain about a read that seems fairly irrelevant right now. What are your reads and who do you think is the play?

LOL sorry about that. I actually did read up throughout the day, but there wasn't anything for me to personally quote or respond back to, so I just posted what I wanted to say.

Despite all that's been said, I'm still not feeling that Orbo is scum or the recruitee. I've already explained before why Orbo wasn't scum, and the chances of him being chosen as the recruitee would be REALLY low. There is absolutly no benefit to this at all

I also do not feel for J to be the recruitee (least not as much as Orbo). Yes, the jump on me on the beginning of this day was odd, as well as her reason. However, looking back at Celebs, I can see how torn he is of figuring me out and just having a '**** it' attitude towards my alignment. Some people do get frustrated on trying to figure me out. LOL. I'm willing to take his word on his claim for now. I have to look into this more in the nearby future.

I'm not a fan of AM trying to mechanically figure this out, for it's not good to outguess the mod. People that do that usually gets blindsight by it. I don't think this thing is scummy...just somewhat un-needed.

I really want to say Legolas is the play for me, but I know that's not going to happen anytime soon this Day phase. As far as anyone I want lynched, there really isn't anyone else I have in mind.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Alright Yedi, I'll go deeper into Kevin-related stuff tomorrow. I can see where you're coming from though I think your reasoning is a bit shallow. Maybe my standards are just too high though! :awesome:

I'm back at home and I've looked at what we know.

Soup, you targeted us night one. Were you the source of the roleblock as well?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I'm back at home and I've looked at what we know.

Soup, you targeted us night one. Were you the source of the roleblock as well?
I don't see reason to wifom this any longer, but yes, I'm a voteblocker/roleblocker. I used not outing the voteblock information to garner reads, that didn't shape out that great.

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
ive been considering a massclaim myself

part of the reason ive entertained the idea of kevin scum is cuz i dont like to think he couldve made such unabashedly ****ty posts all game as town

:phone:

Top Bottom