• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Display Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
"No change" herein refers to lack of change from Brawl to Smash 4:

*No change in Mario characters
*Both Donkey Kong Brawl characters to return. Dixie Kong to probably be added next to focus on heroines rather than villains, but as a stand-alone as opposed to a tag team with Diddy Kong. K Rool will be added if we're lucky, but it's not too late to start work on another Donkey Kong Country game with K Rool as the villain.
*Zelda series likely to reinstate Young Link to replace Toon Link because the Toon subseries is starting to fade. Any all-new Zelda characters highly unlikely. Ganondorf will have a 25% chance of a new moveset, and a 50% chance of wielding the sword that's been teased since Melee.
*Ridley will probably be made playable due to high demand, and because he's among the most prominent characters in the Metroid series. 30% chance of Dark Samus to represent Echoes and Corruption.
*No change in the Yoshi franchise
*No change in the Kirby franchise
*StarFox franchise will probably not add a new character, but Wolf's new moves will hopefully be different from Fox's or Falco's.
*Purin almost got axed from Brawl, but was put back in at the last minute. I'd give him/her a 50/50 chance of returning. Mewtwo's return is about 60% chance. Lucario's return is about 1 out of 3 odds. Zoroark is the "flavor of the installment", so I'd give him a 70% chance of being added.
*Samurai Goroh will probably be added as a 2nd F-ZERO character, and would be a good way to advertise any new F-ZERO game for the WII U.
*Lucas has a 40% chance of returning.
*Ike has a 70% chance of returning, and Krom has about a 75% chance of being added as Fire Emblem's flavor of the installment.
*Wario Ware will probably not change. If a new character is added, it'll be of Wario Ware origin. Mona Pizza is the most important woman to the Wario Ware series, and Kat & Ana are the most popular girls from therein.
*No change in Pikmin characters, but Rock Pikmin and the 2 or 3 other types introduced in Pikmin 3 will be added into the mix.
*An Animal Crossing character is about 5% odds, and some say not having a Crossing character is for the best.
*Little Mac is the most likely out of the well-known Retro characters.
*Any little-known retro character is probably fair game, but only one will be added.
*Amongst franchises with no characters or stages, Custom Robo is most likely to get a playable character. Ray Mk III will probably have to be added, or Ray Mk IV if they make another major Custom Robo game.
*Because they're guest characters, there's a 10% chance that Snake and Sonic will be removed, and a 90% chance that up to 2 new 3rd-party developers could be represented. At this point, Namco is first priority, and their retro mascot is Pac-Man. He wouldn't be much different from his Street Fighter X Tekken style, but some changes can still be made. As for the other 3rd-party company, Capcom is a 50/50 chance deal, because of their disintegrating reputation with gamers and the game industry.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My current roster prediction picture (the same one I'll use in Toise's bet -- when we actually get another deadline, so it's been made with his restrictions in mind)

Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard are still included, even though they don't have pictures.

Last edited 05/08/13 (roster change - hopefully the last before E3)

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
I hate it how everyone adds Zoroark and put Mewtwo and PT back but ALWAYS leave Lucario out :(

DO you all hate him THAT much?

anyways I will update this post with my predictions.
Predictions of new characters

1. Zoroark
  2. Dixie Kong

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
My roster which I'd call the Realistic Pre-SSB4 Info-roster:

I didn't add Pacman yet because I'm trying to see how and much Namdai's crew contribute to this game and it's gameplay.

11/28/2012 Update

Mine:

Zelda only here because I'm still wondering would Sakurai go so far as to include Sheik AGAIN without messing the idea behind SS-Zelda's character, who definitely wouldn't be using Sheikah-form. They got away with it in TP but here I bet it would just overshadow Zelda too much if they use the SS-one. I'd suggest Impa but at the end I don't want to start a huge debate, so here, only Zelda. It's up to Sakurai who'll be her second form.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Predictions

Veterans:

The original 12 will without a doubt be in smash 4.

The melee characters will likely all come back(minus Doc, Young Link, Pichu).

The Brawl characters i see returning are Ike, Pit(especially after kid icarus), Meta Knight(give him another chance :awesome:), Snake, ZSS(Just make her a separate character :glare:), Wolf, Sonic, Lucario, Snake, and Lucas.

New Comers:

Shadow- Honestly Shouldve been in brawl, but w/e.

Ghirahim- FABULOUS!! :woman: PUT DEBBIE IN SMASH 4 PLOX!!!

Demise- he could, but honestly doubt it if Ganondorf is gonna be in the next one.

Jin Kazama/Devil Jin - Since Namco is helping out with the production, we may see a guess appearance from him.

Kazuya Mishima- See Jin.

Heihachi Mishima - See Jin.

Lars Alexandersson - He the best chances out of the tekken characters to make this game with Namco assisting, Since he was playable in Ninja Storm 2.

Alisa Bosnovitch - See Jin

Nina Williams - See Jin

Raven - See Jin.

Ivy - Pretty much the mascot of the Soul Calibur Installment(since that namco too)

Taki- She has potential to be in this game( they better add her too, after what Namco did to her in soul calibur 5 :glare:)

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
I'm defenetly looking forward to Pac Man being in SSB4, I hope it happens! I'm sure alot of his moveset would consist of moves from the Pac Man World series.

Also, I know I'm probably the only person on earth who would want this, but I would like to see Raid in the next SSB. He's from a game called Anonymous Notes Chapter 1 - From The Abyss. It was for the DSi I believe (you can download it in the eshop for like $2 now.)

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Nintendo seems to be focusing on bringing Takamaru's Ninja Castle back into the spotlight. What with Nintendo Land featuring a mini-game for it and Smash Bros. Brawl included music from it. Brawl brought Pit back from oblivion and I don't think it'd be to surprising to see Takamaru make an appearance.

I've always wanted Banjo and Kazooie but maybe that's stretching it a little too far.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Everyone from Brawl; cut Sonic, Snake (38)
King K. Rool
Isaac
Ridley
Krystal
Mewtwo
Little Mac
Medusa
Palutena
Claus
Lyn
Takamaru
Mii
Shulk
Saki
Samurai Goroh
Mona
[TOTAL: 54]

I feel this is as safe as I can make it while making it as diverse as possible. Red flag additions: Mona and Lyn. I will still hold on to my no guests rule for Smash 4 despite Namco Bandai's massive involvement.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
My predictions taking into account the Namco assistance and taking all rumors and "fake leaks" with a grain of salt.

[COLLAPSE="roster"]

*Almost all veterans have had their movesets tweaked with a few moves changed to improve their playstyle
*Mario's Down Special is now the Star Spin from the Galaxy series.
*Luigi's Down Special is now the Poltergust, used to suck or blow enemies away.
*Waluigi uses a mix of vines/pirahna plants and bombs. No sports based moves.
*Baby Bros fight as a team but stand hand-in-hand so that they share a single hurtbox unlike the Ice Climbers. They use their hammers along with team-based attacks and items.
*K.Rool uses his blunderbuss and klaptraps.
*Metaknight has been balanced, making him a faster but with less reach.
*Link uses items from Skyward Sword instead of the usual Bow/Boomerang/Bombs.
*Zelda's Down Special now has her teleport to safety as Impa joins the battle.
*Ganondorf has been designed to visually fit the Skyward Sword artstyle although his moveset remains a physical one.
*Ghirahim uses dark magic and his sword.
*Falco now has an aimable Plasma Rifle for his Neutral B among other changes.
*Wolf has become faster and more physical attack based.
*Samus has became more quick and agile. Can rapidly fire Neutral Special.
*Ridley stands almost twice Samus's height but with compact wings and tail. A large but quick, powerful but frail character. Uses his tail and flame breath for attacks.
*Pit now uses some of the heavenly weapons from KI:U.
*Palutena fights using holy magic to calm and control opponents.
*Little Mac is a fast combo-oriented fighter. Can gain "stars" by doing certain things which power up his moves.
*King Hippo is the slowest, bulkiest and strongest character on the roster. Throws his weight around but is often wide-open for counterattack.
*Marth and Ike's appearances have been updated to match their newest designs.
*Krom is a balance between the two with a mix of fast and powerful attacks.
*Shulk uses the monado and his visions to turn the tide of battle.
*Ness and Lucas have each gained a few new moves to reflect their actual movesets from their games.
*Olimar can now use Wing and Rock Pikmin along with the old varieties.
*Mewtwo returns with a slightly revamped moveset.
*Isaac uses djinn and earth psynergy.
*The prince uses his sword and frog/snake transformations.
*Layton uses his swordplay and inventions.
*Megaman uses his bustercannon and can draw moves from fallen opponents.
*Pac-man uses his Pac-man World moves including the Butt-bounce and Rev-roll.
*Mii has a wacky sports based moveset. You can load your own Mii's to use instead of the generic one.

DLC is also a huge possibility now with Namco assisting, so you could easily see 5-10 more characters joining in that manner.
Just to name a few:
-Takamaru
-Bowser Jr.
-Toad
-Dixie
-Dark Samus
-Krystal
-Roy
-*6th Gen Pokemon
-Mach Rider
-Dillon
-*Random Namco character that they want to put in it
[/COLLAPSE]

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh god... I started making one from scratch and this is the result. No Geno and a bunch of new sword wielders. But eh what the heck, I'll post.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I'd say it's pretty realistic. Sheik, ZSS, and Pokemon Trainer's Brawl Pokemon included, it is 51 characters.

And now my Post-E3 Prediction:

51 Characters, 47 Slots, No cuts.

EDIT: With another new milestone, here's my post-Smash Direct Prediction Roster. It follows the Sal Leak.

51 Characters, 2 Cuts, Final Destination. Expect another update at E3.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's a roster image that I posted a couple weeks back, which is 3rd party free...

Roster

But if 3rd parties do manage to make their presence known, then I'd probably say...

*Sonic (SEGA)
*Black Mage (Square Enix)
*Mega Man (Capcom)
*Pac-Man (Namco Bandai)

Weight Scale
1: King K. Rool
2: Bowser
3-4: Donkey Kong, Emboar
5-7: Samus, Dark Samus, King Dedede
8-9: Ganondorf, Black Shadow
10-11: Samurai Goroh, Ike
12-14: Wario, Mewtwo, R.O.B.
15-17: Link, Captain Falcon, Mega Man
18-20: Ridley, Wolf, Palutena
21-23: Rosalina, Lucario, Zoroark
24-27: Mario, Yoshi, Luigi, Sonic
28-29: Little Mac, Takamaru
30-31: Isaac, Saki
32-33: Pit, Black Mage
34-35: Ness, Lucas
36-38: Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong
39-40: Toon Link, Ice Climbers
41-43: Peach, Leon, Marth
44-46: Falco, Servine, Pac-Man
47-48: Zelda, Impa
49-50: Meta Knight, Fox
51-53: Zero Suit Samus, Krystal, Pikachu
54-56: Kirby, Bandanna Waddle Dee, Ray Mk III
57-59: Oshawott, Olimar, Starfy
60: Mr. Game & Watch
61: Jigglypuff

6/19/2013

Considering that Super Smash Bros. U and 3D are now in development, I decided to do a roster revamp, with only 45 characters being chosen.

[collapse=Transformations Revision]

Samus -> Zero Suit Samus
Mewtwo -> Awakened Forme Mewtwo

Basically, while making the roster, I went by the following guidelines, in terms of which characters from Brawl would be removed...

1: Characters who have appeared in the first three Super Smash Bros. installments can't be removed.
2: Characters who have appeared in Melee AND Brawl can't be removed, with only one exception, involving Zelda.
3: Characters who have only appeared in Brawl can be at risk of getting removed.

Following those guidelines, I ended up removing the following characters...

*Sheik
*Ike
*Lucas
*Lucario
*R.O.B.
*Solid Snake

Regarding, the Legend of Zelda, I did have the following inputs...

Zelda: Skyward Sword incarnation
Ganondorf: Ocarina of Time incarnation
Toon Link: Wind Waker incarnation

Anyway, this roster may not be the most realistic one out there, but it's just an attempt to make a roster that's not going overboard with the character amounts.

9/17/2013

With the introduction of Mega Pokemon, I've started to wane away from Zoroark, and have thought about Lucario's return. Maybe as its Final Smash, Lucario will change into Mega Lucario, which increases the strength of its attacks by 1.5x.

9/27/2013

No changes since the last update. Only Toon Link's icon has been changed to reference his confirmation yesterday.

Also, my starting roster input...

11/7/2013

No actual changes to the full roster and starting roster, except for some additional icon changes for the confirmed characters.

Older updates are inside a collapse tag now.

11/15/2013

Roster format change.

11/18/2013

Starting roster format change.

12/18/2013

No changes, except for an icon change for a confirmed character.

12/22/2013

Black Shadow has been replaced by R.O.B.. I did have to tone down on my newcomer inputs a little, especially since R.O.B. IS an important figure to Nintendo.

12/26/2013

Zelda's icon has been updated.

1/12/2014

Dedede's icon has been updated.

1/13/2014

Character icon rearrangement for the starter and full rosters.

2/14/2014

Lucario and Little Mac are given their Smash 4 artworks.

4/14/2014

Roster update, after the Smash Bros. Direct.

6/18/2014

Roster update, following E3 2014. I had to make a few sacrifices, as I went with K. Rool over Dixie Kong, and removed Chrom, thanks to Ike's return.

7/16/2014

Roster update, following Robin's trailer. I was uncertain on whether or not to keep Bowser Jr., or to replace him with Shulk. Therefore, I stuck with Bowser Jr. for now, as his presence keeps the format of the roster looking good. Sadly, Takamaru gets the boot.

7/17/2014

Roster format adjustments. Characters remain unchanged, though I did merge the three Mii fighter types into one slot.[/collapse]

8/13/2014

No character changes, but Meta Knight's icon has been changed to his Smash 4 artwork. Also, I changed Ganondorf's icon to his Hyrule Warriors incarnation.

Last edited:

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Roster will be put in here as per the thread's instructions - didn't realize discussion was supposed to not be here.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Barbasol's Prediction Roster

Cut Veterans
Lucas (Mother)
Jigglypuff (Pokemon)

Newcomers
Paper Mario (Paper Mario)
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda)
Tingle (Tingle's Rupeeland)
Victini (Pokemon)
Mewtwo* (Pokemon)
Ridley (Metroid)
Zelgius/Black Knight (Fire Emblem)
Shulk (Xenosaga)
Ray (Custom Robo)
Andy (Advance Wars)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Stafy (Legend of Stafy)
Duck Hunter (Duck Hunt)
Little Mac (Punch-Out)
Megaman (Megaman)

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Onyx Oblivian's Roster Prediction
Based on Fanbases&Support/Realistic Rumors/Some Prefrence

*PHEW* After hours of putting together, (organizing akin to Brawl) I made my DREAM/what I think is realistic roster :) 64 Characters in total (A number Nintendo is familiar with :D )

[COLLAPSE="Explanation/Thinking Diary"]There's no characters that are VERY obscure. It includes retro characters (Sakurai loves retro) as well as new characters that have TONS of support behind them. (I LOVE Skull Kid to death, but I have to be real :c )

Zero Suit Samus becomes her own character.

I'm a DIE HARD Zelda Fan, but cannot think of adjustments :c Do I think it's perfect the way it is? Not sure. Replace Toon Link, with Impa? I'd LOVE "Masks Link"(Deku/Zora/Goron), but there was no icon for it :/

As for Mewtwo/Zoroark, Zoroark replaces Lucario. (I am willing to bet Sakurai won't include all 3. Mewtwo has power fanbase.)

Debating to replace Baby Bowser with Toad, and add "Captain Syrup" to Wario franchise...

Also debating between B.Shadow and Samurai Goroh too, matter of preference vs. fanbase

[/COLLAPSE]

I might edit later :) I hope you guys like it!

EDIT: Added Mask Link to replace Toon Link

Jakor

Smash Ace
Here is the last version of my roster (after E3 2014):

And my roster before E3 2013:

And for anyone of you making rosters, I highly recommend you take a look at the Roster Maker. (See the link in my signature)

Last edited:

tirkaro

Smash Champion
[COLLAPSE="Hidden because it's pretty big"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Just try and make a better roster than this.
Oh that's right, you can't.

Updated because it went down before

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Yoshi

Wario

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer
(Squirtle)
(Ivysaur)
(Charizard)
Genesect

Link
Zelda
(Sheik)
Ganondorf

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Fox
Falco
Wolf

Samus
(Zero Suit Samus)

Captain Falcon

Ness
Lucas

Ice Climbers

Marth
Ike
Krom

Mr. Game & Watch

Olimar

Pit
Some new ****er from Kid Icarus

R.O.B.

Shulk

Animal Crossing Villager

Little Mac

Takamaru

Sonic

Pac-Man

Roster Count: 42 (46 counting parenthesized characters)

~NOTES~

• Bowser Jr. can and should have a reasonably different moveset from his old man
  • Donkey and Diddy Kong seem to be the only characters from the DK franchise that Nintendo really cares about right now
  • I feel like the Pokemon section of the roster could be trimmed a bit, but it's just a hell of a wild card. The only definite picks here are Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Zoroark (or another character from the latest generation, but he seems by far the most popular)
  • It might sound crazy, but I feel personally like Skyward Sword's Link might be just the right balance between the two versions of the character we're currently used to. I do still acknowledge some chance for Toon Link since Spirit Tracks wasn't released until well after Brawl though
  • Star Fox is pretty much dead in the water right now, I don't see any new characters being added. Same with F-Zero
  • It'd be perfectly fine with me if Ridley was added to the roster, but realistically I feel less and less like he has a chance of making the cut
  • I honestly don't know much about Krom or the new Fire Emblem, but if it's a big enough success I can see him getting in
  • Shulk is another character I've gotta plead ignorance to, but he seems popular and he's from a pretty fresh series so he should be good to go
  • I'd be just as happy with Tom Nook but apparently he's supposed to be getting a downgrade in importance with the next Animal Crossing game, so the protagonist it is! I don't know how good his chances really are, I just want to see him in there
  • Snake? Snake! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SUBJECT TO EDITING. I feel like right now my roster's a little too safe and very low on newcomers, so maybe I should throw some crazy **** on it just for giggles. I think this will suffice until further notice, though.

Edits made since the original roster prediction:
  • Genesect has replaced Zoroark on account of being newer, shinier and more badass
  • Pac-Man has filled the third-party character placeholder due to Namco-Bandai's involvement in the game

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
AAAAAAAG here we go. I guess it's dumb for me to say that this is a true prediction roster, as it's more a hybrid of wants and expectations. Regardless:

STARTING ROSTER (30/34)

FULL ROSTER (54/58)

NOTEWORTHY FEATURES

-Lucario has been made a starter because you dummies like to cut him.

-I would expect third parties (Layton and Pac-Man) to be announced beforehand despite being unlockable, like with Brawl, bringing the number of pre-revealed newcomers to 10.

-Furthermore, I would also not be surprised to see any previously cut returning characters (Mewtwo and Roy) to be announced before the games' release despite being unlockable, bringing the number of pre-revealed newcomers to 12 (same number as Brawl).

-Prince Fluff, motherf*ckers.

-Ideally, Karate Joe would be replaced with Marshall, but Jakor's Roster Maker doesn't allow for none of that up in here.

-All Brawl veterans return. How idealistic of me.

-I'm honestly only expecting only 50 slots or under, but this roster has more because it made it symmetrical and pretty. Also I had some close races between newcomers, so there you have it.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community

Mario: 5
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

Waluigi is a possibility given Bowser Jr.'s lack of demand, though I still think Jr. will get in over him due to him actually doing things.

Yoshi: 1
Yoshi

Wario: 1
Wario

Paper Mario: 1
Paper Mario

As terrible as the new Paper Mario game is looking to be, it won't come out before the roster is decided. If there's two Links, there will probably be 2 Marios, and this is an advertising opportunity Sakurai probably won't want to miss.

Donkey Kong: 3
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
K. Rool

K. Rool has DKCR against him, but so does Dixie, so who cares. Dixie was only meant to be a Nana to Diddy's Popo in Brawl and was never intended for her own character slot.

Zelda: 5
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Tingle

Ghirahim is the newest flavor of the month, while Tingle is the only recurring character whom has the popularity where it matters.

Metroid: 2
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Even Sakurai admitted he could easily make Ridley work.

Kirby: 3
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Pikmin: 1
Captain Olimar

Starfox: 3
Fox
Falco
Wolf

F-Zero: 1
Captain Falcon

Pokemon: 5
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer/Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard
Lucario
Victini

Zoroark's illusion ability is almost impossible to implement, and Victini is more recent/relevant.

Lucario is not leaving when Pokemon would have four reps for 3 games straight if he did.

Mewtwo is a possibility with his sheer demand, but Lucario being in Brawl over Melee, representing another gen, and his very unique moveset help him.

Fire Emblem: 3
Marth
Ike
Krom

Mother: 2
Ness
Lucas

Retro: 2
Little Mac
Ice Climbers

Hardware themed Shock Characters: 3
Mr. Game & Watch
Rob
Mii

Kid Icarus: 3
Pit
Palutena
Hades

Medusa is almost entirely irrelevant in uprising (Her support is almost entirely made up of people who supported her before the game came out), Sakurai's ego is monstrous, and there's little else to include to fill up the roster that's remotely deserving.

3rd Party: 4
Sonic
Snake
Pac Man
Ryu

Ryu is undoubtedly the most controversial character on here, but let's get two things straight. First, Sakurai specifically went to talk to Capcom about Smash Bros for SSB4 a good while ago. Second, Capcom completely and utterly loathes Megaman. Just look into MvC3, UMvC3, Tekken Vs. Street Fighter, and the recently canceled games for proof.

And no, Snake isn't going anywhere when Sakurai has to keep him in as a favor to Kojima.

Total: 48

A rather strange number, but a number that can easily fit on the character select screen with four rows of twelve. Feasible enough. If the roster has to be trimmed to make it to the bare minimum of 45 characters, quite possible, Hades, Bowser Jr., and Lucario make for nice cuts.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Roster data before I can make images for them-

WiiU:

Starting Characters: 30

Unlocked Characters: 15

3DS Import Characters: 5

Veterans: 35

Newcomers: 15

Starting Veterans: (at the moment): 25

Starting Newcomers: 5

Unlocked Veterans: 8

Unlocked Newcomers: 7

Imported 3DS Veterans: 2

Imported 3DS Newcomers: 3

Total Characters: 50

3DS:

Starting Characters: 15

Unlocked Characters: 10

Veterans: 20

Newcomers: 5

Unlocked Veterans: 6

Unlocked Newcomers: 4

Total Characters: 25

The reason the 3DS does not have very many newcomers is to emphasise the idea of "Smash with your favourite characters ON THE GO!" I may change these numbers as my opinion changes on the matter, but this is just a rough outline for now.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok! Here is three new rosters: a prediction roster, a prediction/wishlist roster, a wishlist roster, and finally a controversial roster. The prediction roster is just as it sounds, the prediction/wishlist roster has character I both want and feel they can get into Smash Bros. 4, and the Wishlist is entirely based on characters I want and 100% bias. Finally, the Controversial Roster is an idea I took from an interview from Sakurai where he said he does't not just want to add new character upon the pre-existing roster but wants to change it. I took that idea and tweaked it a bit by taking out older characters and added newer, fresher characters. This is controversial because it has a large amount of cuts.

I recently got a new laptop after my old one died so I don't have photoshop. So I used Jaktors roster maker.

Realistic Roster

Newcomers: Bowser Jr., King K. Rool, Takamaru, Ridley, Little Mac, Shulk, Palutena, Samurai Goroh, Mewtwo, Krom, Saki, Mii, Mega Man, Pac Man

Number of Newcomers: 14

Cuts: Snake
Reason: Snake, in my opinion, should be a Brawl only character. I don't think we will return (any guest character is not exactly guaranteed IMO)

Number of Characters: 49 (53 with transformations)

Wishlist/Prediction Roster

Newcomers: Bowser Jr., Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Andy, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Dark Samus, Ridley, Prince Sable, Zoroark, Krom, Palutena, Black Shadow, Saki, Shulk, Isaac, Little Mac, Mii, Mega Man, Chrono, Kos Mos

Number of Newcomers: 20 (21 with transformations)

Cuts: Lucario, Snake
Reasons: I cut Lucario to make room for Zoroark. I know that is a fairly controversial decision but Zoroark is newer than Lucario and represents the 5th generation.

Number of Characters: 54 (59 with transformations)

Wishlist Roster

Newcomers: Bowser Jr., Toad, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Skull Kid, Dark Samus, Ridley, Baby Bros., Andy, Mach Rider, Palutena, Little Mac, Masked Man, Saki, Shulk, Isaac, Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, Krystal, Ashley Robbins, Lip, Zoroark, Lucario, Krom, Micaiah, Taboo, Mii, Mega Man, Lloyd

Number of Newcomers: 30

No Cuts

Number of Characters: 65 (71 with transformations)

Controversial Roster

Newcomers: King K. Rool, Demise, Fierce Deity Link, Ridley, Prince Sable, Ray Mk, Krystal, Mewtwo, Victini, Sheriff, Krom, Masked Man, Mii, Mega Man

Number of Newcomers: 14

Cuts: Ganondorf, Toon Link, Ice Climbers, Falco, Wolf, Mr. Game and Watch, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Ike, Ness, Snake, R.O.B.

Number of Cuts: 14

I traded in:

Ganondorf - Demise
Toon Link - Fierce Deity Link
Ice Climbers - Prince Sable
Falco and Wolf - Krystal
Mr. Game and watch - Sheriff
R.O.B. - MK II
Jigglypuff - Victini
Lucario - Mewtwo
Ike - Krom
Ness - Masked Man
Snake - Mega Man

Number of Characters: 39 (42 with transformations)

gamegod101

Smash Rookie
I say they gonna take of:
Pokemon Trainer
Mr. Game n Watch

And add:
Miles "Tails" Prower
Mewtwo
Dixie Kong
Krystal (From Star Fox)
Pac-Man (Because of Namco)
Megaman
Mii Characters

I hope they add Dr. Mario

:phone:

crim

Smash Rookie
My own predictions for the SSB4 roster. It’s not completely realistic, but I believe it could be pretty close. It’s missing some of the characters I’ve found on others’ lists, like Dixie Kong and Krystal. I wanted to put more female characters on here, but a lot of them, such as the two I mentioned, don’t feel like completely worthy additions imo, based on things like the size of their respective series or their likeness to characters who are already part of Smash.
I’m not real familiar with Namco-Bandai games. Besides Pac-Man, I’m not aware of any specific characters from their franchises, so I just slapped a couple of characters from the Tales series on this roster. I’m not sure they’re necessarily the best to represent their series, but oh well.
In regards to the pokemon here, they may seem kind of random. Obviously Pikachu is set to return. Initially I was unsure about Jigglypuff, but at this point, she’s pretty much a staple character, to me at least. The other four, including Lucario, I chose to represent the other four generations of pokemon. It’s a big series, so six characters seems perfectly fine to me. Ursaring, Mawile, and Keldeo are a bit random, and I admit they’re very unlikely to make the list. They’re just some of my favorites from their respective generations that I think could fit in well in Smash Bros.

Anyways, R.O.B. and Pokemon Trainer are the only Brawl characters I’ve left off here. Including Mii, which I would be quite shocked to see missing from SSB4, there are 16 new characters here. :)

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Toad
Bowser

Yoshi

Wario
Waluigi

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Link
Zelda / Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Tingle

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Pit

Ice Climbers

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Ursaring
Mawile
Lucario
Keldeo

Samus / ZSS
Ridley

Fox
Falco
Wolf

Ike
Marth
Krom

Isaac

Captain Falcon

Ness
Lucas

Olimar

Tom Nook

Little Mac

Sonic

Snake

Mega Man

Lloyd Irving
Colette Brunel

Pac-Man

Mr. Game and Watch

Mii

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
This would be it I guess.

I'm not really interested in some of these newcomers though, I tried to be a bit realistic and I've only put them there because they seem to be so popular and I also want to avoid getting any "Why didn't you put this or that character in your roster?". The only newcomer's I actually care about and root is Professor Layton as well as Palutena, Medusa, Lip, King K. Rool, Ridley, Johto Trainer (With female trainer alt), Toon Zelda (with Tetra) and Zoroark That are in the list.

Starfy, Paper Mario and a few others are missing since I wanted to limit it to 50 characters.

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice

I did a 50 cap, but I didn't include the Mii's as 1 of the 50.

I feel like this makes the most sense, adding a couple I'm personally hoping for.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
here's my roster:

I tried to have all the returning series with a similar quantity of characters. even though there might be some bias on my part...

Characters in red are the secret ones. I listed veterans first, followed by newcomers, shouldn't be hard to notice.

Series already represented:
[COLLAPSE="Series already represented"]Super Mario Bros. (5):
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser (alternate version: Dry Bowser - new set of color swaps)
Bowser Jr. / Shadow Mario

Donkey Kong (4):
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

The Legend of Zelda (5):
Link
Zelda / Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Ghirahim
- Link, Zelda and Ganondorf can be selected between various incarnations.

Metroid (3):
Samus / Zero Suit Samus
Adam Malkovich
Dark Samus

Yoshi's Island (2):
Yoshi
Kamek

Kirby (3):
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Star Fox (4):
Fox (alternate version: James McCloud - new set of color swaps and voice swap)
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Pokémon (6):
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokémon Trainer (Charizard / Squirtle / Ivysaur)
Lucario
Zoroark

F-Zero (2):
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow

EarthBound (3):
Ness
Lucas
Masked Man Claus

Ice Climber (1):
Ice Climbers

Fire Emblem (5):
Marth
Roy
Ike
Anna
Black Knight

Game & Watch (1):
Mr. Game & Watch

Wario (1):
Wario (costumes: Classic Wario, WarioWare Wario)

Kid Icarus (2):
Pit (alternate version: Dark Pit - new set of color swaps and voice swap)
Palutena (alternate version: Pseudo Palutena - same as Pit)

Pikmin (1):
Olimar (alternate versions: Louie and captains from Pikmin 3, each with a set of color swaps)

R.O.B. (1):
R.O.B.

Metal Gear (1):
Snake

Sonic the Hedgehog (1):
Sonic[/COLLAPSE]
New series:
[COLLAPSE="New series"]Golden Sun (1):
Isaac (alternate versions: Older Isaac, Matthew - new sets of color swaps and voice swaps)

Punch Out (1):
Little Mac

Xenoblade (1):
Shulk

Other series (2):
Prince Sable - Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru
Takamaru - Nazo no Murasamejo[/COLLAPSE]
Total number of characters: 56

EDIT 1: made a few changes.

EDIT 2: New (more realistic) roster (13/04/2013):

EDIT 3: Last roster before the reveal. (11/06/2013)

The separate columns are some alternates, ranging from costumes to similar characters.

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
My predictions for newcomers

I believe that some series should have more love in this next installment (such as Earthbound and Fire Emblem). My prediction for the established series are:

Mario Bros: Bowser Jr., Geno (If you consider him part of the series)

Yoshi: Kamek

Zelda: Wolf Link and Midna

Earthbound: Masked Man/Claus, Jeff

Fire Emblem: Lyn

DK: Dixie Kong

Star Fox: Krystal (could be tight with a bo-staff.)

Metroid: Ridley (size is NOT a factor people!)

F-Zero: Samurai Goro

Pokemon: Another Trainer (Team Rocket or N, this series needs an antagonist rep.)

Kirby: Knuckle Joe

Wario: Kat and Ana (new duo!!!!)

Now as for new series and 3rd party, here is what I have come up with:

Advance Wars: Andy ( Giant Wrench FTW!!!!!)

Punch-Out: Lil Mac

Custom Robo: Ray MK II

Sin and Punishment: Saki Amiyami

Drill Dozer: Jill

Capcom: Megaman or Zero or Ryu

Namco: Kilik or Taki

I hope at least half of these are right. Some are just straight obvious but others are somewhat obscure.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman

Ehrm. Prediction. Realistic, not desired.

6 new characters: Bowser Jr., Little Mac, Mii, Zoarark, Pac-Man, Heihachi (or another Namco rep from Soul Calibur?).
We'll all be disappointed and Reggie will say "oh gamers can't be satisfied. We give them more and they say 'but we want more more more.' Well gamers, WE PUT THIS ON THE 3DS FOR YOU. What more could you ask?"
And then we'll all look at him with scorn because he doesn't get it and the game being dual-developed made it weaker.

Maybe they'll use this game to refocus a bit. Kick tiny Link out. Make normal Link a hybrid between the two. He's got the cel-shaded look down well enough. Maybe they'll separate Zelda and Sheik (I wish!). Maybe they'll redo Ganon's moveset.

Snake gets the boot. He was awesome for one go but we can't expect him again. Sonic stays, because he's Mario's longterm rival (and he needs a better showing this time around.)

Namco gets their reps 'cause it'd be pretty messed up to be like "hey, make this game for us. No, we don't want your dirty characters in it."

Ridley's not going to happen, even poorly. Zero Suit's still in.
I doubt Palutena or another Kid Icarus character is going to happen- just doesn't seem like they'll be doing much with the franchise in the near future. Could be wrong.

Captain Falcon will never get a partner in crime. He's only still in the game himself because he made it into the first one. In any case, I actually like the somewhat decent number of characters representing their franchises by themselves. I wish there could be more of that. Chibi-Robo, Starfy, Captain Rainbow... etc.

ItsSilverLPs

Banned via Warnings
Wii U

3DS

Characters in red: Version exclusive

I made this having in mind that the 3DS version would focus on having characters that first/only/recently appeared in portable games, so, the Wii U would have more characters from home console games

RNH

Smash Cadet
Everyone in brawl, cut G&W, ROB, and Toon Link

Newcomers: Ridley, Krystal, Shulk, Fiora, Issac, Girahim, New Pokemon Trainer (Owshawott, Servine, Emboar), Little Mac, King K. Rool, Victini, Megaman

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
23 January 2014:

Changes: +Rosalina, -Lloyd (:urg:)
[collapse="29 Sept. 2013/Post E3 Update:"]
Apparently I made a roster post E3 but forgot to put it here.

I don't agree with everything on this roster right now(I'd probably remove Lloyd), but I'm too lazy to fix it right now.[/collapse]

[collapse="April 2013 Roster"]4/13/2013 Update: New roster

I've actually indicated which character I think might/should be unlockable in red. Falcon and Ness are reverted to starters like in Melee, and Marth is now a starter because he's practically FE's main Lord.[/collapse]

[collapse="October 2012 roster"]
10/23/2012 Update

This is my first attempt at a prediction roster. I'm not happy at all with the way it turned out, and there are a few characters I put in mostly so the end result would look pretty, but anyway, here it is:

[/collapse]

[COLLAPSE="Old Roster(text only)"]Not really sure what thread I should post this in,but anyway...

Here, I'm going to lay out what characters I think are likely to be added in the next game. But here's the twist: I'm going to go in-depth on why I think each character will or won't make it, weighing the pros and cons of including him or her.

[COLLAPSE="My personal criteria"]-All characters not in Brawl(including those from Melee) could be considered for inclusion.
-Appearing in Melee and having been considered for Brawl improves their chances, but does not guarantee a spot.
-The more popular a character, the more likely they are to be included(no derr).
-Being an assist trophy in Brawl improves their chances.
-Must have appeared on a Nintendo console.
-ONLY ONE THIRD PARTY CHARACTER PER FRANCHISE.
-Characters owned by Sony or Microsoft(Like Banjo) and characters form media other than games(like Goku) have zero chance.
-The game needs more villains, so evil/ambiguous characters are more likely.
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Melee vets"]-All Melee characters have an existing moveset, which improves their chances.
-All Melee vets that were dropped in Brawl are less likely to appear.

Mewtwo
Pros:
-Popular and recognizable character in Pokemon, possibly most popular legendary.
-Was considered for Brawl at one point.
-Commonly seen as a villain.
-Moveset is unique and very popular among most casual fans(this is from personal experience).
Cons:
-May be dropped in favor of newer Pokemon.
-Existing moveset would likely end up needing revision.
Ruling: Very likely he will return.

Roy
Pros:
-Popular among casual smash fans(from my personal experience).
Cons:
-Moveset is cloned from Marth.
-From what I've seen, Roy isn't the most popular of Fire Emblem Lords.
-May be dropped in favor of newer FE characters.
Ruling: Not sure. Has a dedicated following, but don't get your hopes up.

Doctor Mario
Pros:
-If Mario keeps FLUDD, Doc could retain the old moveset.
Cons:
-Blatant Mario clone.
Ruling:Not likely to return

Pichu
Pros:
-Could be Second Gen rep
-Could be series joke character
Cons:
-Blatant Pikachu clone.
-Isn't very popular.
Ruling: VERY unlikely to return.

Young Link
Pros:
-Represents most popular Zelda game(OoT).
-Many prefer him to Toon Link.
Cons:
-Link clone.
-Moveset copied by Toon Link.
-Potential time paradox.
Ruling:VERY unlikely to return.
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="And now, the rest"]
Pusle and Minun
Pros:
-Might have been considered for Brawl at some point.
-Would be good third Gen rep.
-Unique IC-like team gimmick.
Cons:
-Would likely be Pikachu clones.
-Newer Pokemon reps would be favored.
Ruling:Unlikely.

Dixie Kong
Pros:
-Was considered for Brawl at some point.
-Was a trophy in Brawl and Melee.
-Most popular DK character in Japan(?)
Cons:
-Hasn't appeared in a game since DKC3.
-Might be seen as a Diddy Kong clone.
-Was likely considered as a tag partner for Diddy.
Ruling: Not sure.

Toon Zelda/Toon Shiek/Tetra
Pros:
-Were considered for Brawl at some point.
Cons
-Would be seen as Shiek/Zelda clone.
-Cel-shaded games already have rep.
Ruling:Unlikely to appear.

Samurai Goroh
Pros:
-Assist Trophy in Brawl.
-One of the most popular F-zero characters.
-Morally ambiguous character.
Cons:
-Many would prefer a F-zero villain.
Ruling:Very likely to become playable.

Ridley
Pros:
-Recurring villain in Metroid.
-Considered for assist trophy, appeared as boss in Brawl.
-Highly requested character, even before Brawl.
-Large character, would add variety.
Cons:
-Sakurai has said he doesn't think Ridley could work.
Ruling:Somewhat likely, but don't get your hopes up.

King K. Rool
Pros:
-Recurring DK villain
-Frequently appears as trophy.
-Very popular in west.
-Would be heavyweight character, would add roster variety.
Cons:
-Not very popular in Japan.
-Did not return for DKCR.
Pros: Likely to appear.

Megaman
Pros:
-Most requested 3rd party character.
-Both Sakurai and several people at Capcom want him in SSB4
Cons:
-Despite being requested, was not in Brawl for unknown reasons.
Ruling:Almost guaranteed to appear.

Little Mac
Pros:
-Was an Assist Trophy in Brawl
-Very popular retro character
-Had a very recent revival game.
Cons:
-Might be difficult to make a moveset for.
Ruling:Very likely to appear.

Saki
Pros:
-Assist trophy in Brawl.
-S&P is a cult classic, and had a recent sequel.
Cons:
-Does anyone understand the plot of this game?
-Only appeared in one game.
Ruling: Not sure.

Takamaru
Pros:
-Surprisingly popular as potential retro revival character
-Recent cameos in Samurai Warriors 3 and Cap. Rainbow.
-Theme from game appeared in Brawl.
Cons:
-Original game is obscure, especially in the west.
Ruling:somewhat likely.

Black Shadow:
Pros:
-Trophy in Brawl.
-Most well-known F-Zero villain.
-Voiced by friggin' Norio Wakamoto.
Cons:
-Still somewhat obscure outside of F-Zero fanbase.
-Mostly known for being in that one clip from the F-Zero anime.
Ruling: Somewhat likely

Krom/Chrom
Pros:
-Main character from most recent FE.
-Building a steady fanbase, especially in Japan(?)
Cons:
-Many casual fans would likely prefer Roy.
Ruling: Very likely to appear. However, I'm not very familiar with the Fire emblem fanbase, so I have no idea how popular he really is.
[/COLLAPSE]
My final prediction:
-Sakurai has said the roster size will not increase as much as it has previously. There will likely be about 5 newcomers, but no more than 10.
-Most characters from Brawl will return.
-Mewtwo will return.
-Assuming there will only be 5 new characters, I predict: Megaman, Little Mac, K. Rool, Krom, and Samurai Goroh.
-If there are more, then Black Shadow, Ridley, and Dixie Kong will likely appear. Saki and Takamaru might also appear, and Roy might return.
[/COLLAPSE]

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
SSB: Original 12 100%

Melee: Zelda, Peach, Bowser, Marth, Falco,

Brawl: Lucas, Ike, Wolf, MK, DDD, Snake, Pit, Olimar, Wario, ZSS, Sonic, Diddy Kong,

These i feel can either be replaced or no longer have a reason to be in. Lucario, PT, Young/Toon link, Sheik, G&W, ICs, ROB,

Newcomers: Krystal, Lyn, Zoroark, Lloyd Irving (hoping), Demise, Bowser JR. Knuckles, Shadow or Tails, Mega Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom