• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tekken Mafia | Now with the real endgame flavour.... Who won?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
The thing about Adumb's play is that there doesn't need to be a case made.

If you've been reading the game, you'd know that Adumb's play this game has been close to ****-tier. The only thing going from him based on what people have said that don't want to lynch him (PL) is that he's consistent with his **** play. Consistency or not, it's **** play, and he's pretty much attempted to get rid of two power players with reaching cases.

@whoever said he may be replacing out: He's replacing out of Gheb's game FOR this game. Simply looking at a VM conversation told me that lol.

@PL: Couldn't scum adumb keep Blazer as town, so that when a mislynch goes through, he can make a case on one of the people that pushed Blazer? Blazer will get himself lynched without people really pushing him if his play gets worse. Plus, whats the disadvantage of keeping town Blazer alive to endgame if he doesn't get lynched? I'd be very happy with that as scum.

Why does consistency matter if what he's done has lynched a townie with a **** push? Just because he's throwing out another **** push doesn't make him townie. I really don't get how you have him as town with these reasons...

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
If power players turn up scum, it really doesn't matter that Adumb's trying to get rid of them, haha. What is your read on J?

The Adumb lynch slowly wandered onto the scene to sit L-2, on the premises that his play has been poor and he's not here and posting. (Do the early voters agree or was their reasoning different?) Meanwhile, actual points have been raised by several people about Ditz, and apparently by Glyph on Ryu. And other players are floating around not even posting (me). I don't see the draw, and I don't understand how the lynch gained ground without (apparently) justification.

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
@PL: Couldn't scum adumb keep Blazer as town, so that when a mislynch goes through, he can make a case on one of the people that pushed Blazer? Blazer will get himself lynched without people really pushing him if his play gets worse. Plus, whats the disadvantage of keeping town Blazer alive to endgame if he doesn't get lynched? I'd be very happy with that as scum.
Yes he could, that's why I acknowledged that what you said was good and that I can see benefits for him as scum not to get on the Blazer wagon.

Why does consistency matter if what he's done has lynched a townie with a **** push? Just because he's throwing out another **** push doesn't make him townie. I really don't get how you have him as town with these reasons...

No it doesn't, but I'm trying to look at the motives behind his ****ty pushes. As I've said before, I really disliked him D1 for his push on Toastin but after arguing with him and trying to understand his motives/logic; after arguing with him his suspicions of Toastin seemed genuine, and today his push is similar and i think he truly believes that one of Swiss and Toastin has to be scum based on meta and the pre-game power struggle. The question is rather he is using meta as an excuse to push weak cases or to genuinely scumhunt, and I think he is genuinely trying to scumhunt.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
*continue voting

I mean with Soup and Blazer out of commission and Adumb not voting himself, we are running out people to finish this wagon and we want Joey to hammer to get the NK immunity.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
They're not turning up scum though :v.

Sure, we wouldn't be on him at all if Kuz turned up scum.

But he didn't.

You're not getting this, are you?

Kuz was town. Did you see Adumb's **** push on Kuz? It's the exact same thing he's doing to J. It's not the fact that he's trying to get power players killed. It's the fact that he's trying to get another power player killed with the exact same reasoning as the previous one, which turned up town.

Adumb's play has been **** all game in my opinion, and anyone that has read my posts would know how I feel about this. My catch up post questioned tons of his ****, and I was told to lay off of it for a bit by Swiss, who I had a solid town read on, so I did.

Adumb's play hasn't gotten better since that, it's been worse.

Due to that, it's pretty obvious as to why I'm on this wagon.

Only reason why I'm not going into too much detail or building a case is because I'm going V/LA in 5.5 hours (including sleep time) for 5 days, so I will miss the deadline and possibly an Adumb lynch.

We're not lynching him so I can get immunity LOL. I could care less about immunity, and if people object to me getting immunity, then by all means I won't hammer.

@PL: Ah. That makes sense. I'm going to re-read Adumb's late day 1 posts when I get back.

#HBC | Nabe

I had a scumread on Kuz. I don't have any problem with Adumb thinking the same, just like I don't have a problem with the other players who did and voted for Kuz too.

I don't think that you're gunning for immunity at all, but people are telling me to lynch Adumb tonight to give you that immunity. I don't have a problem with you or your play or you getting immunity. I just don't get this lynch, certainly not enough right now to just make the call like J suggests.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I agree. Kuz did look scummy. Not for any of the reasons that Adumb stated, though. The fact that Kuz looked scummy can be thrown out the window when you consider Adumb's case, totally concerned with meta.

Also, not relating to this, but since you asked earlier, deadline should be in around 19 hours. According to google, it's 5:07 GMT as I'm making this comment. lol.

Actually moving on from this for now though, since I want to comment on something else before I get tired and realize I have to be awake in 5 hours...

Does anyone have thoughts on moving onto Red Ryu?

July's comments are making me go back on Adumb a lot lol. Her comments really make sense, and even if his play has been ****, based on what July is saying, it really makes sense that Town Adumb would be playing like this based on that.

Nabe made me look over Red Ryu's vote post, and I literally wtf'd.

Hey Adumb,

Vote: Ambro

Talk to me about J's recent posts, your holding onto Swiss scum but not telling us about J.
Note: This was AFTER Adumb did the whole J thing.

Adumb pretty much solidified his scum read on Swiss with J, stating it very clearly in thread, yet Red Ryu states this? :| Am not amused.

Nabe, I'd actually like your thoughts on that post. Adumb posts are here in case you haven't gotten to them, yet.

So J, thanks for absolutely confirming my scumread on your slot.

Because remember the many times I've pointed out that meta is pretty much the only thing that matters when differentiating town from scum? And that no tell is consistent across players, you only have vague generalities that sometimes apply and sometimes don't?

There's no way if you were actually town you would view using meta as a basis as inherently scummy because you know that's how I always think, you know better then this j.
Yes, that was exactly the conversation we've had a couple of times.

The thing is, for the purposes of whether or not I'm scum, it doesn't matter whether I'm right or wrong, it matters WHETHER I BELIEVE I'M RIGHT OR NOT.

You know I believe I'm right, you might consider it weak, you'd know it wasn't scummy.
Not buying it, we just played in a game together. Granted I was forced to imitate this mode of thinking in that game, but it should definitely have clued you in if you forgot.
Well, I was less audacious, but that's besides the point.

You're literally making every excuse to not remember how I think, people's styles don't just vanish overnight, and you're a good enough scum player that you know better then to not pay attention to what your scummates post.

No J, you're scum.
Note that all of these came a page (assuming 40 PPP) before the Ryu post quoted above.

Red Ryu literally just jumped on that wagon just to get a lynch through. :|. Do not like at all.

I'm going to re-read Glyph to see if I'm 100% fine with a Ryu wagon at this point, but yeah. Throwing that out there.

#HBC | Nabe

@Joey you're right, didn't realize but we're 24 hours closer to deadline than I thought

Adumb has no reason to blindly assume J knows his meta, and he's been pounding on the meta stake rather than posting content
Vote: Adumb
Should be L-1, grab your hammer if you're around

Would like to examine Ryu but we don't have time to find six votes on a wagon

:phone:

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
VOTE COUNT:

[7] adumbrodeus: J / Jdietz43 / Red Ruy / Kary / DtJ Glyphmoney / Fynal / Nabe
[2] Jdietz43: Pink Lemonade / Яagnarock
[2] J: WashedLaundry / adumbrodeus

[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Яagnarock
[0] Dark Horse
[0] DtJ Glyphmoney
[0] Nabe
[0] WashedLaundry
[0] Fynal
[0] Pink Lemonade
[0] Kary
[0] Blazer
[0] Red Ruy

[3] Not Voting: Blazer / Dark Horse / -Masquerain-

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch!
Deadline set for Saturday 30th June, Midnight GMT.
__

Declared V/LAs

• Яagnarock [n/a]
  • J [July 2nd - 5th]

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Vote: Adumbrodeus[\b]

J read is solid town.

Mfw I have mobile smashboards lol.

...I can't post Masquerain sprite... This is horrible!!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
[8] adumbrodeus: J / Jdietz43 / Red Ruy / Kary / DtJ Glyphmoney / Fynal / Nabe / -Masquerain-

[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Яagnarock
[0] Dark Horse
[0] DtJ Glyphmoney
[0] Nabe
[0] WashedLaundry
[0] Fynal
[0] Pink Lemonade
[0] Kary
[0] Blazer
[0] Red Ruy

[2] Not Voting: Blazer / Dark Horse

___

Looks like...

...someone's knocked out! I will post the lynch scene shortly after work.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
J is definately scum, and if you don't don't recognize that this game is 90% generalities which improve in accuracy as you understand how people think then you have no idea how to play this game.

Granted, I was paranoid about kuz, but it's not like I really had much expirience playing with him.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
See, here's the thing about J, rather then saying "hey, I'll check out your past games and interactions and see if this pans out" he immediately gets defensive without even discussing whether a re-examination was warranted.

And if there's anyone who thinks that voting for somebody based on behavior that you know they do every game reguardless of alignment, then get the **** out of mafia.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
ebwop: And if there's anyone who thinks that voting for somebody based on behavior that you know they do every game reguardless of alignment isn't scummy, then get the **** out of mafia.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
You do realize that:

1) You stopped playing... Anyone can forget a playstyle that disappears from games

2) as of my hammer, it was 12 GMT. thats 12 hours to move a lynch when we have inactive you, inactive glyph, inactive red ryu, v/la me and soup, and we have a player list in general that doesn't post much. It's not our fault that you made reaching statements that you couldn't prove in any way.

No regrets if he flips town at this point.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yet he didn't CHECK or show any desire to check. Maybe he could've forgotten in spite of just playing a game with me but...

I actually asked him about his reading list, if he were actually interested that would've been a hint that maybe he should check, especially after I stated that I had hammered on this point many times before.

Joey, you are always responsible for your mislynches, as much as I disliked ryker's play in megaman I should've known. If you don't hold yourself responsable for your errors and ask "how can I read this person better next game" you will never improve.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
errr anyway,

impressions, having some difficulty concentrating on this right but here's my best:

Soup: townie
joey: townie
DH: Scummy
Kary: ?
J: KILL HIM NOW!
Blazer: Town
Nabe: Leaning town
RR: ?
Fynal: ?
Washed: Town
Pink: Leaning town
Jdietz: Leaning town

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@That specific Ryu post, sometimes Ryu makes bad posts, most people do. Ryu, what do you think of Adumb's J posts, and IYO was your post in error?

:phone:
Don't think it was.

I know I didn't like his Swiss vote going into D2, Washed I liked due to the Kary situation. Adumb just looked less legit to me.

Then going into the him vs J it looked like reaching on past meta, I didn't think J did anything wrong with his approach.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
End of Round 2

[8] adumbrodeus: J / Jdietz43 / Red Ruy / Kary / DtJ Glyphmoney / Fynal / Nabe / -Masquerain-

[2] Not Voting: Blazer / Dark Horse
_

"We're going to be destroying another part of the arena shortly... This time it should be enough to trap everyone inside. Then we can kill off the 'world's best fighters' one by one... just as planned from the beginning!"

Meanwhile everyone had gathered around to find King I dead. It was at this point where the remaining fighters couldn't take the heat.

"I'm out" spoke one of them, "Explosions, 2 deaths, and a booing crowd... the LOT! I'm not associating myself with this tournament anymore!"

As everyone agreed, there was a slight shake in the ground.

*SHAKE*

"Errm...?"

The shaking was the result of a massive explosion that had just taken place at reception, causing collapse to the main infrastructure. As the fighters looked around in awe, they saw the arena fall to bits tremendously around them... and there was little that could be done now. They were trapped.

"Damnit someone's trying to set us up! Is it YOU?"

Everyone turned to face... adumbrodeus.

"Roar?" he responded.

There was little going for him.

After attempting to communicate, for what felt like hours, it was as if he was speaking another language...

...Turned out he was speaking another language.

adumbrodeus, Kuma, Vanilla Townie, has been K.Od (aka lynched).

-Masquerain- is our champ!

He has Night kill immunity toNight.

_

It is now Night 2. No posting please! You have 48 hours to send in Night actions.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Start of Round 3

Why don't you listen to this spooky track...

...because it was a strange night.

The fighters thought long and hard as to who was setting them up. Trapped amidst the rubble, they had no choice but to sleep on the stone cold floor.

It was... a quiet night.

No one was killed.

Let your fists do the talking! Round 3 starts:

VOTE COUNT:

[0] -Masquerain-

[0] Яagnarock
[0] Dark Horse
[0] Kary
[0] J
[0] Krystedez
[0] DtJ Glyphmoney
[0] Nabe
[0] Red Ruy
[0] WashedLaundry
[0] Fynal
[0] Pink Lemonade
[0] Jdietz43

[13] Not Voting: -Masquerain- / Яagnarock / Dark Horse / Kary / J / Krystedez / DtJ Glyphmoney / Nabe / Red Ruy / WashedLaundry / Fynal / Pink Lemonade / Jdietz43

With 13 alive, it takes 8 to lynch!

Deadline set for Wednesday 11th July, Midnight GMT.
_

Everyone welcome Krystedez. He replaces Blazer.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm pretty much V/LA today and tomorrow, although I may be able to get a few posts in.

Didn't get a chance to read over Ryu. Will be doing that.

Would like opinions on Adumb's J read from some folk. Would prefer Washed Laundry, Red Ryu, and Soupa... Anyone can answer though.

I'm unsure how to feel about it. Calling someone scum for what seems to be not going out of his way to read another game to get meta seems... :/. May just ignore Adumb's reads lol.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
better be a damn good explanation for this one. Kary why are you voting me? that much faith in J and/or soup?

Top Bottom