• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
uthrow/dthrow to knee will kill any character at a certain %. theres no getting out of it. how do i know? because im the best falcon there is, next to isai. dont believe me? tough cookies, it's the truth. if you havent gotten a chance to see me play in person, i pity you. anyway, i do the same cheap falcon janx on most everyone i play, and **** them because im amazing. the combos you will learn in this thread (straight from the mind of g-reg), combined with some practice, will make your falcon a beast. chances are this will be the only good thread in the falcon boards, so check every day, multiple times. dont spam my thread saying which combos "dont work" because i assure you i do them on a daily basis with ease. if you cant do them, learn some tech skill, nubbie-pants. assume these work at any DI, unless mentioned otherwise.

you do not need to know "advanced combos" to do these, these are just effective throw-to-knee combos which will get you KO's and win matches.

marth - 68% - uthrow to knee.
85% - dthrow to knee (g-reg **** nastiness)
shiek - 65-70% somewhere in there - uthrow to knee
fox/falco - 90%+ (? must check i cant remember) (any DI but away) uthrow to knee
peach - around 80% (?) - dthrow to knee.

more awesome g-reg tricks to come

audreyh

Smash Ace
sheik, if she di's away, you gota shffl a uair, then -> knee

at 78-90% on fox/falco uthrow to fsmash if they dont di away

i actually havn't tried the sheik part out, someone just told me.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I find uthrow > fsmash is more reliable against space animals. But then, I suppose that's why I'm not G-Regulate.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Something tells me your combo was the result of extremely poor DI. Maybe it was the "Level 1 computer" that tipped me off. >_>

Me? I make up all my combos on the spot. That's why I love this game; it's so different from your conventional fighting game where you have to memorize countless button combinations and juggles. In Smash, all I have to hit someone up in the air and see what I can do from that.

Sure, I know a couple of basic combos, but I prefer to go on instinct.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
^Same. Everything I do is just based on how I feel at the moment (which results in way too many suicides). Course, I do the standard d-throw to Knee, but I don't look out for percents when I do. It's just not fun to do that.

And I agree with F-smash after a U-throw on space animals. It's harder to shffl a knee in that tight an amount of time, and F-smash is powerful enough to KO and will jab them as they fall down.

Foxmeister

Smash Ace
I've been doing those combos since the day I started using falcon and I agree, the are the nastiest combos at there because they take almost no skill and if you can't land a knee...give up on falcon.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
yeah those are pretty basic throw to knee combos but its nice you are listing them
im deffintly gonna check this thread often so ill become a bit more awesome like g-reg

ChopingBoard

Smash Journeyman
can it work o ice climbers? because everyone knows once you grab one the other does a smash attack if it's an ice climber that knows what it's doing very well. or you might just look like a fool grabbing just nana .

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yes vall3y, you are correct in saying those combos are pretty "basic", but many smashers get so caught up trying to learn new awesome combos, they forget the stuff that actually works, you know?

those combos will get you KO's, and MUST be perfected. messing up those combos WILL make your opponent live MUCH longer, and thats a g-reg guarantee. can you imagine, any marth you play, never living past 70% ever again, because you know how to do the inescapable combo at the right time?!? same with shieks, shieks are a BIATCH to kill at higher %... so dont let her even get there! KILL EARLY!

Falcons must realize that, like other high tiers (remember, falcon IS upper tier), he has a certain degree of CHEAPNESS. this MUST BE ABUSED for him to stand any chance against them. Which brings me to my next point....

BE DEFENSIVE, BUT LOOK AGGRESSIVE!
All of these "KO combos" must have the right setup. Ever just get annihilated for a good 80-100% or so, by a space animal? perhaps, marth or shiek? this can usually mean that your play style is getting too offensive, and is being abused by your opponent. It can also mean that you are being too DEfensive, i.e. shielding, going for shield-grabs and dairs, using his crappy dodge. this can also be predictable and abusable.

you must have a good mixture of the two. If you are lookin for a grab, run around a bit. hop from platform to platform, throw in some empty short hops (shff with no aerial), or hop around doing nairs and uairs. make your opponent have to chase you, make him work for it. your opponent has a better chance of slipping up and making a mistake while he is chasing you.

basically what im trying to say is, if you look like you are running around doing aerials, but in actuality, you are spotting for a grab, it makes it much easier to grab. same thing vice versa. unpredictability is key.

phew i love work/smashboards time, whatever you wanna call it

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Should these really be called combos? They seem like they should be called setups instead.

Takalth

Smash Ace
g-regulate said:
. if you havent gotten a chance to see me play in person, i pity you.
Well, I probably won't get to see you play in person, but do you have links to any of your videos (I can't get DC++ to work, and yes, I've read the tutorial).

g-regulate

Smash Hero
they technically are combos, a throw to a knee is a two hit combo, theoretically. i just wanted to put those out there. they are his best combos, because they are definite. if done right, its a kill 90% of the time. doing other combos is great and all, but until the "definites" are mastered, youll have a harder time getting KO's by just throwing out attacks. grabs = a large part of falcons game. which will bring me to my next point

LEARN GRAB TRICKS!

mastering the tricks of the grab are key in falcon play. he has the potential for DOZENS of tricks. for example, when grabbing, throw immediately! the immediate-throw-after-grab gives your opponent less of a chance to DI the way he wants. an *unexpected* grab to dthrow is almost NEVER DIed, which on most characters is a FREE KNEE, even at really low %. it also can be a free NAIR, which needless to say, can combo into nair/uair/knee, in any order, possibly multiple times.

grabbing is a game of DI, and mindgames can make all the difference. falcon doesnt have a "right move" to use after grab, but manipulation of DI is the key. at 0% and low %, if you dthrow peach, and she DI's away, chain grab works for a little bit (i cant remember how long). dash to jump-cancelled re-grab, and repeat. if she DI's anywhere BUT away, its an nair/knee, and its g-reg combo time. with some quick reaction time, peach has no options. that is how you take control of a match.

more grab trixies!!

from 0 to about 35% or so, enjoy playing tricks on marth. i like to grab to uthrow to nair. "but g-reg, that doesnt work, marth can hit you with fair first!". this is indeed true, but if you get marth in the habit of doing fair after your uthrow at low %, he will do it every time. so abuse it! after the uthrow, just wait. when he is landing with fair, just regrab right when he lands, and repeat. then, when he thinks you will keep re-grabbing after the throw, he will most likely try to jump away or move. so abuse it! NOW go for the nair/uair, itll be an open shot if he thinks you will grab.

audreyh

Smash Ace
g-regulate said:
ymessing up those combos WILL make your opponent live MUCH longer, and thats a g-reg guarantee. can you imagine, any marth you play, never living past 70% ever again, because you know how to do the inescapable combo at the right time?!? same with shieks, shieks are a BIATCH to kill at higher %... so dont let her even get there! KILL EARLY!

BE DEFENSIVE, BUT LOOK AGGRESSIVE!
All of these "KO combos" must have the right setup. Ever just get annihilated for a good 80-100% or so, by a space animal? perhaps, marth or shiek? this can usually mean that your play style is getting too offensive, and is being abused by your opponent. It can also mean that you are being too DEfensive, i.e. shielding, going for shield-grabs and dairs, using his crappy dodge. this can also be predictable and abusable.

you must have a good mixture of the two. If you are lookin for a grab, run around a bit. hop from platform to platform, throw in some empty short hops (shff with no aerial), or hop around doing nairs and uairs. make your opponent have to chase you, make him work for it. your opponent has a better chance of slipping up and making a mistake while he is chasing you.

basically what im trying to say is, if you look like you are running around doing aerials, but in actuality, you are spotting for a grab, it makes it much easier to grab. same thing vice versa. unpredictability is key.
some of the bEST advice i've heard for falcon. I've fallen into the habit of simply dashdancing/wding in an attempt to run in for a grab, (which is what im doing 80% of the time trying to start combos) and i've realized it doesn't work against all charaters (ie falco=p)

Approach I think is one of the most complicated parts of falcon's game, and knowing when to be reactive/defensive, and when to be offensive.

quick question, when do you use over-b? techchasing and when your opponent misses an aerial?

g-regulate

Smash Hero
theres no real "right time" to use it, given its drawbacks (you miss and youre open). it is extremely situational, but a great combo starter. im pretty much all mindgames with it. get used to the timing on some characters laggy attacks (marth utilt, fox usmash), and its possible to get really good with it. unfortunately, a really defensive player will never do laggy attacks unless they know they will hit you, so watch out.
as for tech chasing, it works really well too, but once again, if you miss youre open.

audreyh

Smash Ace
what projectiles can overb go thru? or rather, what can't it go thru.

i heard somewhere there are some invincibility frames while doing overb is that true?

audreyh

Smash Ace
g-regulate said:
I dont get the vice versa. Run around looking like ur gonna grab but really setting up for aerials? lol

or do you mean be patient and sit back

edit: ah that example was awesome angelo. I just saw some isai vs wes, and a few times isai's just running around and does an empty shorthop at wes into a grab.

another time isai was just hopping around wes's sheild, then jab stomp jab

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
audreyh said:
I dont get the vice versa. Run around looking like ur gonna grab but really setting up for aerials? lol

or do you mean be patient and sit back
Perfect example of what G-reg means: Watch the video "Mindgames" and watch at 2:28. I'm pretty sure that's Isai vs Azen's Fox. That doesn't really matter. The point is, you can't tell what he's trying to set up for. Then BAM! Fsmash.

Fleur de Lis

Smash Lord
The Falcon Assassin said:
How about the darkrain combo?
The only time you may EVER mention Darkrain in a G-regulate thread, is if G-regulate > is in front of Darkrain. Thus, I've edited your post to make it pertain to one of the main G-regulate rules.

The Falcon Assassin said:
How about the G-regulate>darkrain combo?

coach

Smash Apprentice
Thank you so much for this G-reg. I really look forward to new posts made by someone who knows what their talking about in this forum.

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
This thread makes me want to go back to school so I can learn how to clone. Once I have that accomplished, I will clone G-Reg's Falcon skills and insert them into my brain. His skills mixed with my *********** will make a Falcon who makes no sense and can defeat any opponent.

You've all been forewarned.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
I need help with the ladies. Can you help me out greg? Or should I settle for the most likely time extensive advice of powerlifting from angelo?

Banned via Administration
Duke said:
Or should I settle for the time most likely extensive advice of powerlifting from angelo?
Unless you want part of your regiment to be ingesting steroids.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I wish I was in the presence of g-reg, so some of his greatness would rub of onto me, and I could understand why he doesn't like using dair...
*spreads some rep around and hopes to not get wrecked by g-reg*

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Are you kidding me, everyone knows that g-reg is from the bloodline of voltorb-Dark Pheonix so therefore his natural destructive behavior would kill anyone within his presence. That is why he lives in a latex bag for protection of himself and other, also known as a condom...

Top Bottom