• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
i'm so sadface right now
why did utah have to bail on us

whatever tourney still happening tomorrow, let's do this

i'm a cashew
It was X, he was the one with the car and said Wednesday he couldnt anymore >.>

I still wanted to go so we looked for other people with a car, but no one could :<

Once I get a car though, Ill def make a trip down there to make up for it.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Brawl Doubles (80/20 payout):
1st: Detta + Rubio ($20 each)
2nd: Axel (J + Z) ($5 each)
3rd: Jesus + Elder
4th: Pikachu + Entei (Mikki + Lion)
5th: %x? + Trixie

Brawl Singles (70/20/10 payout):
1st: Rubio ($49)
2nd: Lion ($14)
3rd: Detta ($7)
4th: Zen

will post bracket images later

So basically here's how this worked
Doubles: One pool of 5, then top seed waited in Grand Finals while other four played a single-elimination bracket for second seed, then first and second played again in Grand Finals. More Rubio's idea than mine, just since we finished doubles so quickly.
Singles: Two pools of 5 + one pool of 4, top 2 get out, then two pools of 3, top 2 get out, then one pool of 4 and top 3 get paid.

Total of 14 sets of doubles, 38 singles sets. 3 setups. first Doubles match happened at 12:30 and last Singles match happened around 6 or 7.
If we had done a normal pool for doubles and a double elim for singles, it would've had 9 sets of doubles, and a ton less for singles (14 entrants total).
If we had actually had 6 setups, the tournament would've been over in 3 or 4 hours with the same number of sets, or we could've done P:M as well and been done within another two hours.

You guys should totally come out to Z3. :3
That would be like, the most hype thing we've seen in a while. Kansas and Utah coming to CO.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
That was a fun tournament! It was very nice getting to know the scene a bit and who is all here. I did not expect at all to do as well as I thought I would in the tournament and to be completely honest that was the first time I have ever really won matches in a long time. Man though, for doubles playing that many matches in a row was insane and definitely fun. Lucas + Ness team was fun!

Probably should have talked to more people...^^"

I really wanted to play that Dedede who was there because I love the D3 MU.

But yeah, that was fun and I will try and make some others in the future hopefully!

L_eMo_N

Smash Apprentice
Hey! I recently just moved from Idaho, and have been playing melee competitively there as well. I haven't played seriously for over a year now but really want to become active again. Is there a melee scene here? If it's only brawl, I'd still like to attend.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Hey! I recently just moved from Idaho, and have been playing melee competitively there as well. I haven't played seriously for over a year now but really want to become active again. Is there a melee scene here? If it's only brawl, I'd still like to attend.
Most Melee players play P:M now, but there's nothing stopping people from bringing a Melee setup to stuff for friendlies.
What part of CO did you move to?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Hiya~
Always nice to see people getting back into the scene. So, sadly like Detta said we don't hold melee tournies as frequently as saaay brawl. However, i'm sure people would play if ya bring a set up or something dude.

Sooo yo~
CO~

I totally forgot to ask around for a teams partner for Zournament. I really don't wanna bum around for 3 hours like last time. It'd be totally nice if someone offered. If not, thats cool too.

L_eMo_N

Smash Apprentice
Oh, that's awesome. I tried playing P:M, I'm not as good as I'd like to be haha, but it'd be nice to try and get better again. I just moved to Englewood, CO. And I would like to learn brawl from you guys, I know NOTHING about any technical stuff on brawl haha.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
While I can't speak 100% for them, based on the housing arrangements for KS, I bet Soapy could figure something out.

The man is literally giving me a house. I kind of want to marry him now >_>

Rizen

Smash Legend
What?! (looks up news) Goddamnit. I'm okay but the world's going insane to the point a person can't go to school or a movie without fear of being gunned down. ...
I hope everyone's okay :( .

L_eMo_N

Smash Apprentice
Really tragic stuff >.< first week here and this happens..

Seems like the wrong time to ask with this going on, but when is z3? and where?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I hope everyone is all right! From what I know where I live in Aurora, everything is just on...I can't even. I really hope everyone is doing all right.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I hope everyone is doing alright >< Was anyone in the CO scene a big enough Batman fan to go on opening night, i.e. was anyone here affected? Even if not, I still hope for the best >< All the stuff going on now :(

Staz

Smash Lord
dude. I work at a movie theater in Utah (obviously) and all our managers are making sure we check the exits and stuff

gg safe world

also rip to those who passed away and I hope everyone's ok

:phone:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Apparantly my Doubles Partner, Zen, had a cousin go to the movie theatre that night and was in the theatre so his cousin/friends were there were the shooting occurred but thankfully none of them were hurt.

___X___

Smash Lord
Looks like Metaknight is in Colorado.
Don't worry guys, I'll be there to stop the horrible spams of the button 'B'.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I dunno, I really feel like I should post something about the obvious, but I don't really know what to say about it.

World sucks.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
But the world has sex and ponies.
And a conglomeration of the two.

How can the world suck? :applejack:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I dunno, I really feel like I should post something about the obvious, but I don't really know what to say about it.

World sucks.
Its not the world that sucks. Its these little vermin that decide to ruin it that do. Colorado's filled with good people. When tragedy strikes everyones willing to lend a hand to the victims and expect nothing in return. Hearing all of you guys pitching in too help the victims of the fire was absolutely inspiring to see. And you don't even expect anything in return.

But it just takes one desperate scumbag to mess up that synergy. I have no respect for these attention starved nobodies that go on killing sprees for attention. They're the kinda people that throw there life away and drag everyone down with them, just so they'll be remembered.... even if they're remembered as human garbage. Scum like that need to sack up and learn to deal with life.

Instead of committing murders in the name of a ****ing fictional clown.

Mmf.
Tragedy aside, i'm looking forward to seeing all ya'll at Zournament. <3.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
A-town is my home town: I was born there.

Got some friends there as well. Many of them are still unaccounted for.

Pretty worried...

Rizen

Smash Legend
(Nothing personal) Espy, it's a bad time to troll. Go **** a pony or something.

One of the hardest things in life is that no matter what somethings can't be changed. People were killed. I hope everyone from the forums and people they know are alright. I'm glad Zen's cousin and friends are not hurt.
The world is full of good people but it sucks too. The actions of good people are important but things happen sometimes; what feels like a lot of times.

IDK what to believe. Right now I'm left with that hollow feeling nothing can fill.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm not trying to troll.
Get in touch with them. That simple.

I'll deny the request Rizen. Real ponies don't have the same flair. :applejack:

Top Bottom