• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POLL: Most hated SSB4 Newcomer

Jakor

Smash Ace
Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik
Groose
Dr. Mario
Dark Pit
Non-Specific Action Figure

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I wouldn't necessarily say these are characters I hate as much as don't excite me. Only characters I can say I truly hate are Cloud and Travis Touchdown, but since third party characters are eliminated from this discussion there is no point including them.

Zoroark (really any Pokémon bar Mewtwo and Deoxys)
Waluigi
Dixie Kong
Little Mac
Mii
Samurai Goroh
Krystal

That's all I can think of right now.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
There's few characters I hate and few characters I'm not supportive nor neutral towards, so these are the five characters I can name who I simply have little or no interest in seeing in SSB4 or I think are extremely overrated by others.

Krystal
Mii
Dark Pit
Zoroark
Victini (heck, any fifth-gen Pokemon rep)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Isn't this kind of flawed. A bunch of crappy characters keeping piling up on the "least hated" side of things because only one person cared enough about them to even mention them.

Eventually, guys like K. Rool and Ridley and what not would appear more hated than, say, Honey Queen or something.

Gathering data isn't very useful when you have to go in yourself and discern "Oh well this data here isn't important."

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Tingle, Toad, Dixie, Toon Zelda, Slippy, Duck Hunt Dog, Birdo, Ashley, Bowser jr., and the Non- Specific Action Figure

:phone:

D

Deleted member

I know this is technically a SSB4 thread and I promised only three posts, but this isn't in the SSB4 forum which I'm refraining from posting from until characters gets revealed.

Anyway, for Nintendo newcomers, the ones I am against the most.

1. Daisy: Would be a blatant Peach clone. No thanks.
2. Impa: I'm sorry, but replace Sheik with Impa because she's relevant? No, just no.
3. Non-Specific Action Figure: What the heck is this doing in SSB4 threads? There's no reason to include him.
4. Lukina (Fire Emblem): WE NEEDZ TEH LADIES. That's the only reason why anyone supporters her. She is the Smash definition of bandwagon.
5. Dark Pit: Inevitable clone FTL. Given that Sakurai wants characters to play differently from others, adding him would directly violate that.
6. Black Shadow: Horrible choice and is clone material. Yeah, let's solve the Ganondorf problem by making Black Shadowdorf.
7. Balloon Fighter: There were good reasons why it got rejected back in Melee, because it's a poor choice. And yet a few people on GameFAQS act like he's this great addition.
8. Slippy: If we're not having Krystal with a staff, there should be no new Star Fox rep. Period. Would hate to see him get in.
9. Ninten: If he gets in, he's going to be a clone. No thanks.
10. Sora, no he's third party. Any 4th party that isn't Kid Goku or Astro Boy (which even then I acknowledge as horrendous choices that should never be in), no, can't use those. Let's see, what could I use that from Nintendo?

Groose. I will not buy this game if he gets in.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Isn't this kind of flawed. A bunch of crappy characters keeping piling up on the "least hated" side of things because only one person cared enough about them to even mention them.

Eventually, guys like K. Rool and Ridley and what not would appear more hated than, say, Honey Queen or something.

Gathering data isn't very useful when you have to go in yourself and discern "Oh well this data here isn't important."
It largely has to do with people not feeling obligated to vote for characters with no chance of getting in, and characters everyone know is hated anyway without the use of such a poll.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LMAO at the person who voted for "Cartoon Link." "EEEXCCCCUUUSSSEEEEE MEEEEE PRINCESSS!!!!" :laugh:[COLLAPSE="Here is my Top Ten List of Nintendo characters I don't want to see in Smash WiiU/3DS:"][COLLAPSE="10. Unova/5th Gen Pokemon Trainer (or really any Pokémon Trainer to replace the current one)"]Because the current Pokémon Trainer has the best starters, and anybody who thinks otherwise is WRONG!!! The original generation is the best, and had the best starters, hands down.

Oh, and the idea of the Pokémon Trainer is a novelty. Let it stay as is, and just improve upon it.

Lastly, the Unova trainers are just ugly-looking. They look like the kind of weak kids that a bully would love to beat up in Elementary School! :laugh:[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="9. Tingle"]Because he made me do a 4 hour filler fetch quest in the Wind Waker, he is annoying, he is unoriginal, he's stupid, he's ugly, and he's just another uninspired Legend of Zelda character.[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="8. Impa"]Let me quote my friend Starphoenix...
Impa...
all of you know why... diddy
This made me laugh! :rotfl:

But for real, Impa is an unoriginal idea to replace Sheik, and a dumbed down Sheik for people who hate Sheik basically. That and another uninspired Zelda character idea.[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="7. Shadow Mario"]Because if I want to play as a clone of Mario, I'll play as Luigi, Dr. Mario, or possibly even Paper Mario, Baby Mario, or Waluigi instead. Seriously, this idea is just another garbage excuse for a "transformation" for Bowser Jr. I don't mind Bowser Jr., but I hate this crappy character idea.

Also let it be known that this crappy idea of a character is the reason most people pre-Brawl were indifferent to Bowser Jr., as to the reason as to why most people are indifferent to Bowser Jr. now.[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="6. Dark Pit"]Another stupid clone character idea, much like Shadow Mario. The people who suggest this crap are seriously unoriginal. If I wanted a late add-on character, I'd prefer one that is more inspired than a "dark version of a character that sucked balls in Brawl"... like Dark Falco, Louei, Dr. Mario, or something like that! :laugh:[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="5. Panther"]Because I want to play as an annoying, stereotypical "bad guy" who is a "lady charmer" from 2 garbage Star Fox games. As if I don't already don't feel indifferent to unoriginal ideas for characters like Peppy, Leon, Pigma, and Slippy from Star Fox games (although I find the Peppy ones sometimes hilarious), having such movesets for a crappy character from crappy Star Fox games that crashed the series into the ground makes it all the much worse.

And to the people that "defend" Star Fox Assault, seriously play more rail shooter-esk games, and you'll realize how much of a garbage game that is. Also, those graphics were freaking awful. Seriously, I think Melee had better graphics, and it came out way before Assault. Lastly, Assault fanboys are the worst; they seriously need to disappear from the face of the EARTH!!!

(As for Krystal, at least she could easily have an original-ish moveset, even if she is similarly a crappy hollow character from crappy games; that's at least a step up)[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="4. Groose (and really, everything from Skyward Sword, since I think it is an overrated game)"]This character was stupid, shallow, and an atypical "high school bully" character in Skyward Sword. It's one thing to be jealous of Link for getting Zelda's poon tang, but c'mon! Nobody likes a freaking baby, and the way he was executed (especially with the text talking instead of voice acting) only made the already terrible execution worse.

As for his moveset potential, it is non-existent, other than as a Link clone, which we don't need more of (and Toon Link does a fine job of that on his own).[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="3. Baby Daisy"]Because if Baby Peach, Wario, and Donkey Kong weren't unoriginal enough ideas, this crap has to be. Whoever came up with this character idea for the Mario series and as a playable character candidate in Smash 4 should never be allowed to work in the video game industry again! :mad:[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="2. The Duck Hunt Dog"]Whoever came up with the joke of "hey, maybe we could play as the Duck Hunt Ducks/Dog in Melee" made a funny joke. However, they also created a disaster (much like the "Arrow to the Knee" jokes, except those weren't funny). This crap-tastic idea doesn't seem to die. Literally, the only thing that dog does is laugh in the game, or get shot at.

All the movesets I've seen for it borrow moves other dog characters (Nintendogs, Wolf Link, etc) could use, only they are extremely downgrade and turned in to unoriginal garbage! Also, let it be known that I love Duck Hunt, and the only Duck Hunt character that would work would be you, the rifleman (who could also be the Miis!).[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="1. Pit (or at least most of his Brawl moveset, play style, players, and fan base; if all that went away, I'd be all for him)"]Because nearly all Pit players are spammy, a**hole losers, they are ego-centric morons, and I want them to cry. Oh, and Pit's moveset is absolute garbage, just like Brawl's competitive gameplay.

I love Pit's games, I love Pit in Kid Icarus, but I hate him in Brawl more than I've hated any playable character in smash bros! :mad:

*does not apply to Project M Pit, which is actually pretty cool just like Project M*
[/COLLAPSE]Bonus: I would also like to mention every Zelda character that hasn't been playable in smash not named the Skull Kid with Majora's Mask, Zant, Midna, Wolf Link, Pig/Beast Ganon, Orca, or Toon Zelda/Sheik/Tetra/etc. as worth mentioning. Because quite frankly, almost all of the other Zelda characters suck, have minimal personality, and have no moveset potential! :laugh:

Also, I'd like to throw every minor character ever in anything (like Impa and the duck Hunt Dog) as characters that should never be playable in smash bros! :chuckle:[/COLLAPSE]Honestly, nearly all Nintendo characters have no personality, back story, and are flat. That's a big reason why I'm so open to 3rd party characters being playable in smash bros. :bee:
any of the cut characters from Melee
Even
(Taj's)
Mewtwo. :(

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Funky Kong
Jill & Drill Dozer
Excitebiker
Diskun
Mr. Ressetti
Victini
Genesect
Viridi
Hades
Tiny Kong

:phone:

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
1. Dixie Kong
2. K. Rool
3. Waluigi
4. Palutena (i love her character, but if she makes it as playable then there's no shot of getting KI-themed codec-type chats!)
5. Geno
6. Toad
7. Daisy
8. Slippy
9. Diddy Kong
10. Can I put Dixie twice? Lip

QWA

Smash Apprentice
-Mii (I don't really like Mii characters in other series)
-Krystal
-Dixie Kong
-Zoroark
-Duck Hunt Dog
-Medusa
-Tom Nook
-Genesect
-Yellow Rupee (Not sure why this is even here)
-Baby Daisy

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
1. Mii
2. Tingle
3. Ghirahim
4. Paper Mario
5. Dark Pit
6. Dark Samus
7. Slippy
8. Peppy
9. Birdo
10. Jill & Drill Dozer

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Dark Pit
Dark Samus
Mii
Toad
Waluigi
Duck Hunt Dog
Palutena
Toon Zelda/shiek/tetra
Tingle
Bandanna Dee

D

Deleted member

MasterWarlord, just for fun, count up the remaining votes if you haven't already.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Not much of a Nintendo fan, but I play a few games-- FLAME SHIELDS AT TEH READY!

10- Starfy
Why: We are putting this dude in every roster wish list because... WHY? I see no potential with this character.
9- Zant
Why: Only Zelda game I've played at least the first dungeon of. :c Anyway, no potential. Unless he doesn't have physical attacks. Look at his arms. They're just dangling off his body! Oh wait, he has a sword... OOOOOOOOH... Okay, I see some potential now.
8- Goomba
Why: So we go from Semi-Final Boss to Red Shirt in terms of bad ideas. Well, as much as I hate to say it, this guy isn't much. He isn't a better idea then the one's below, and he makes even less sense then some below. But He at least has one or two moves I can think of. Actually, I can think of many. All of them are him committing suicide.
7- Magikarp
Why: Now it's gone from 0 to -1. This isn't even decent cannon fodder. Goldeen's a better idea then this, AND LOOK AT THAT IT DOES IN SUPER SMASH BROS! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
6- Sakurai
Why: You better have the frostbite engine of all thing's to run his character, because otherwise your pretty much screwed over.
5- Ridley
Why: Too Big, Too Ugly, And Too many people keep saying to put him in.
4- Yin Yarn
Why: At Least Ridley could somewhat work if you resized him! THIS, HOWEVER, IS BROKEN NO MATTER SMALL YOU MAKE HIM!
3- Andross
Why: Rayman gets off here for being properly sized and having feet and a body. Andross has no Body. No Body + Too Big = Same Issue As Yin Yarn: TOO BROKEN!
2- Giygas
Why: Seriously, this is just a picture. How do you make a picture into a character with limbs and maybe a weapon.

But at least Starfy is cute. But at least Zant was can use Twilight Magic (and his minions) at attack. At least the Goomba looks like it can jump. At least Magikarp can evolve into Gyrados which would have a somewhat manageable character. At least Sakurai has a moveset (Snake - Weapons. Simple as that). At least Ridley has awesome music. Yin Yarn never say anything, let alone "LOL PWNED" when you fought him. At least Andross is durable. At least Giygas strikes fear into the hearts of millions of gamers. At least these 9 are not...

1- The AI system of Mario Kart Wii
Why: THIS IDIOT HAS NO PLACE IN A VIDEO GAME. THIS AI IS UNACCEPTABLE--!

To prevent an off-topic rant of epic proportions, the man responsible has been shot. Please count my last vote towards Toad if it makes you feel any better.

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
1. Mii
2. Dixie Kong
3. King K. Rool
4. Krystal
5. Lyndis
6. Toad
7. Tingle
8. Roy
9. Waluigi
10. Wario

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
-Walugi (Cause Bowser Jr, Rosalina, Toad, Fawful, King Boo, Paper Mario, Princess Daisy, Birdo, Geno, Petey Prianha and even Lakitu, Shy Guy, Wiggler and Hammer Bro are more deserving.)
-Knuckle Joe (Cause Bandana Dee is way better)
-Mother Brain (How can she fights? She is just a giant floating brain in a tank)
-Dixie (because she is too similar to Diddy and K. Rool is better)
-Animal Crosser (No generic characters. If they get in, what's next, the Sims?)
-Dark Samus (Clone and plus Ridley is better)
-Dark Pit (Clone and no secondary Kid Icarus.)
-Ghirahim (One time Zelda villian and has affected the series that much)
-Paper Mario (Toon Link and Link work because they are from different time lines and act differently. Paper Mario however is just Mario.)
-Yarn Kirby (Similar to Paper Mario)

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
You guys are ****ING idiots to think that Roy, Mario, Link. Toon Link, R.O.B., Dr. Mario, Lucario, Pichu, Mewtwo, Young Link, Samus, Fox, Kirby, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Captain Olimar, Pikachu, and Wolf are newcomers, they are VETS! WHY THE **** WOULD YOU PUT VETS ON A NEWCOMERS LIST!?!! YOU PEOPLE ARE A BUNCH OF ******S TO PUT VETS ON A NEWCOMERS LIST! oh and megaman belongs on that list.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Not wanting to be rude, but he's right.
He should have been less agressive.

Anyway people,only add newcomer to this list,not veterans.
and i am going to kill who listed Yoshi on this

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Okay,I feel that this poll is actually a little flawed. Everybody in the F Tier is either a veteran or just a really bad choice. I mean Baby Daisy? Magikarp? Goomba? But there are some exceptions like Kamek, Maiacah, and Little Mac. I feel that charcatres with at least one person are always being put into the roster.

Toad, Waluigi, Paper Mario and Princess Daisy are four of the most likely choices for SSB4 in the Mario category.

Either Tingle, Toon Zelda, or Ghirahim are on every roster.

Krystal is the best choice for another Star Fox rep.

Get the idea?

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
• Mii
• Ridley
• Ghirahim
• Duck Hunt Dog
• Victini
• Waddle Dee
• Knuckle Joe
• Skull Kid
• Birdo
• Dixie Kong

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
I wonder who were the ******* people who voted for freaking Mario.
I mean, have our world really come to this point ? Do people really want/expect Mario to be cut ?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I remember someone once saying Mario should be cut because he wears red which promotes gang violence. lol Anyone who expresses desire for him to be cut for whatever reason is just trolling at best though.

Top Bottom