• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 12: Now with accurate title! MYM12 is closed! MYM 13 is Open!

Smady

Smash Master

[COLLAPSE=" "]

Jarvis

A set not for the faint of heart. Jarvis is deceitful no matter the perspective - one may assume it is one of Kupa's fancies, a fun one-shot that is as quickly forgotten as read. The concept is novel, yes, a basic stage that a miniature opponent gets put, the ghost slivering his way inside too, plugging the exit. Invisibility, may cause a well-read Make Your Move member to emit a presumptive sigh. And at first, I will admit that this set didn't catch my full imagination, until I had progressed to a stalwart halfway point. Astounded I was in finding that every input I had read was as good as the most creative special, without being as flamboyant as a special. The execution in this set is immaculate: the writing style, beautiful, the input placement and balance, provokingly subtle, considerate. Jarvis has a playstyle you can sum up in a two-word phrase - aerial camper. However, invisibility naturally changes the pacing of your jars as you toss them across the stage, effortlessly meshing layers of pressure into what I would call the de facto glass cannon. The dead simple stalling, escaping into jars and altering their visibility, while keeping the foe guessing because of constant aerial traps, waiting to be blown up or cascaded down upon an unsuspecting foe, is tantalising to play, excellently carried out. The specials present a fascinating triangle of moves - creating jars, poison mushrooms and teleportation - the invisibility can completely change the outcome of any options. I'm afraid to get into what is beyond those awe-inspiring specials, as it doesn't get any worse. You can pepper the foe via projectiles, use your hurtbox to spin the jars away, bombard the stage or pretend to... it is staggering how versatile is Jarvis, despite the level-headed approach Kupa takes to this leisurely ghost. What you ultimately get out of the set is one that epitomises something out of nothing, snatching inspiration from the jaws of mediocrity. It is a perfect collection of moves in terms of expanding playstyle, flavouring the set for Jarvis and not losing the grounded design that underpins the moveset. The set is a hugely pleasant and welcome surprise, appropriate on a character who lives to spook those who pervade his abode. The bouncing, eccentric playstyle compliments the character in the utmost - the playfulness that is enthusiastically presented to players emphasizes his childishness. Whether down to the fantastic writing style - one of the best I've read - or the sheer depth of the set under a magnifying glass, this set invites you in, and is absolutely deserving of a cosy position atop your vote list.
[/COLLAPSE]​

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
GHIRAHIM

Ghirahim is fabulous, and this is all the reason you need to put on your votelist, regardless of what contest he is in. He is the one and only rep for Zelda, so don't get any ideas for voting for that MYM 5 Tingle - nobody likes Wizzerd anyway. Besides, his competition is so terrible that Groose has so low potential that he does not even have a moveset. Zant? Please. Ghirahim is nothing like Zant, he's not just some puppet controlled by some black man. No, he's much better - he's completely willing to take it up the a
ss from his boss.

Prove that Ghirahim's not just some now or never character. He missed out on the 11 top 50, but surely he can make it for 12.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
AMENO-SAGIRI

One of the most recurring trends seen in MYM bosses is their fondness for flaunting their massive size, demanding all three foes give the character their full attention to get past their monstrous sweeping blows and defeat them. Although this giant eye is definitely a stage-covering behemoth, his gameplay doesn't reflect that of one; in fact, he doesn't even fill up space on the stage, instead opting to lurk in the background, as tendrils of smoke create platforms on either side of him.

His true genius lies in pitting his foes against each other, creating an atmosphere of chaos, much like in his source material. As effective as his shadow minions are at this tactic, Ameno refuses to stop here, instead having the ability to mix and match categories of moves (e.g. Smashes, aerials, grab-game). This essentially allows him to create a basic 'Sim' of sorts, a dream moveset that can overwhelm opponents with their own best attacks. Such a method for designing a moveset requires much more thought than simply mashing together stolen attacks in a FFA, as Ameno must take more caution to tailor his minions' movesets to the characters he is facing.

To aid these minions in their conquest, Ameno ensures his opponent cannot flee from his tyranny, covering it with mist and even duplicating his eye with shield to keep foes in his sights at all times. Though Ameno's domination of the stage may seem overwhelming to some, it is nothing short of a necessity, as he must play within the parameters of his stamina, another underutilized boss trait pulled off exceedingly well here. The general feel of inescapable oppression is the utmost reason I feel Ameno is as stellar a set as it is: Ameno doesn't need massive elemental blasts to keep his foes in place, but can cripple his foe just as effectively by building a minion from scratch to use against them, before influencing the environment around him to his opponents' detriment, as well as his minions' advantage. It is because of this and countless other reasons I feel that any vote list without Ameno in a sky-high position contains a gaping hole, nearly the size of the giant eye himself.

smashbot226

Smash Master

Rattata

The newcomer FrozenRoy's final set of the contest, Rattata takes a page from purposefully underpowered sets such as Goomba and makes a surprisingly entertaining set from a boring source character. A feat that's somewhat difficult enough on its own, but from a newcomer like Froy? Perhaps it's more than the set that appeals: it's the growth a newcomer has taken throughout the contest from Scizor to Rattata. A rather inspiring notion if you bother to think about it. Anyway, Rattata has shoddy stats befitting of its status and a playstyle to fit the character in question- a dirty little rat that chips away at his opponent. However, just because the character is simple doesn't mean its moves have to be: Super Fang rewards Rattata for his hit-and-run style and Hustle pushes Rattata's limits further to the point where Super Fang becomes even stronger. The simplicity on the rest of the normal attacks can be forgiven mainly because the rat's game is getting in and out with those quick tail strikes of his. The only bad point I can really point out in the set is the grab game. Otherwise, this is a big improvement for you in my opinion, Froy. Even if people claim Alice is better, but oh well.

Khamsin Nbh'w

I cannot emphasize enough how much Khamsin is getting slept on. This is basically the Jack Skellington of MYM12 for me. Kibble starts us off with constructs and a set-up for utilizing rubble, boulders, and constructs that transition into amplifying his attacks with said rocks. With two of his aerials he can store and call upon his rocks and can set them ablaze to continue his assault. But what this set does right most, I think, is how he works in tandem with the golem, a Giga Bowser-sized monster that is as lumbering as it it helpful. While on its own vulnerable, Khamsin covers its bases with his ability to dig up the stage and make it difficult for opponents to move around. It's no secret that the theme for this contest is playground, what with most of the frontrunners emphasizing that ideology so well, but Khamsin creates a very entertaining playground with the rubble at his disposal.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
And now for ads that no one will read because everyone's already voted :[

Nova by n88_2004

First up is a pretty ignored set by Nate: he made sets besides Kang this contest ya know. Both Nova and Angel are cool sets, though I prefer Nova of the two. Nate doesn’t just rip off Nova’s Ultimate Marvel material, he repurposes it and creates a set that has its own unique feel while also representing the high-energy gameplay of the marvel series well. Nova is incredibly quick both on the ground and in the air, and while his attacks don’t do all that much damage, his speed lets him constantly pester foes and easily follow-up on his hits for “combos” (not true combos, really). The momentum he gathers on the ground along with his low traction helps him out too, as he can let loose multiple attacks while sliding towards his foe and hopefully avoid their grab attempt if they shield him. Nova also excels at ground-to-air and air-to-ground attacks, able to throw his opponent up and down and get an advantage on the follow-up move. The storable move properties of his smashes work themselves into his playstyle well too, letting him combo into a kill move or interrupt a foe’s knockback to continue a combo. Finally, his self-buffing moves help him with his low damaging attacks: one letting him shut down projectiles and the other coming at the cost of some speed and defenses (Nova has a really good shield, but a skilled player won’t have to use it much). Overall Nova is a short but awesome set that deserves your vote.

Agiri Goshiki by Katapultar

The third set in the contest, Agiri was the starting point for Kat’s impressive MYM12 showing. Some people certainly took notice of her back then, but for those who don’t remember, Agiri is one of the zaniest sets ever created. Everything she does is a mindgame in some form or another, starting from her entrance. She can spawn normally, but foes won’t even be expecting that since she can spawn underground or invisible (temporary), or spawn at the top of the screen and camp. She can also replace herself with a substitute clone in any of those positions, constantly making her tough to locate. Agiri also does a lot of shenanigans with items: her main method of damage racking AND KOing is via a bomb that she can power up by holding onto for a while. Said bomb can be juggled with projectiles towards foes, or hidden underground or in one of those tacky sheets that ninjas use to hide stuff. She can also be Ayano and hide the bomb in her pockets until she’s ready to use it: she can do all this with any other item too. Of course, she’s also got that clone thing going on: she can give her clones real OR fake versions of her bombs or other items, AND said clones may or may not be able to actually damage the foe. Agiri can stick herself to the foe too (both literally and via a tether), helpful since attacking her can detonate her bombs AND the bomb could be fake. Then you can grab the foe inside a typical ninjay smokescreen, use the cover to rehide yourself like at the start of the match, leave a substitute behind to keep the foe grabbed, then spike them down with a board when they get grab-released over the edge.

Basically, Agiri thrives on confusing the hell out of the foe, and using the chaos to set up a huge chain of traps to spike them through the stage or just build up a huge bomb to kill ‘em outright. There’s some tackiness, but this set is still fun as hell and deserves a high placing.

Negi Springfield by darth_meanie

Negi is a type of set not often seen in MYM nowadays: a very grounded set that feels very much at home alongside Mario, Snake, Diddy and the rest of the Brawl crew. But don’t think at all that this means Negi is a bland set: he has plenty of potential, and this is DM we’re talking about here. Negi has an answer for every situation with his strong projectile game, spacing wind hitboxes and a variety of approach options. His projectiles do a great job at covering his approach, and together with his spacing moves, can make the foe go where he wants them to. Negi can choose to push them away and use his stellar projectiles more if they have trouble with that, or rush in and combo off of his stunning projectiles if they’re the camping type themselves. Negi’s quick aerials and glide/glide special even give him a good aerial approach against aerial-challenged characters. His cancelable standard attacks not only help with his combos, but the fact that he moves forward with many of them can let him mix in a grab and try to reset with a throw.

Finally there’s his signature projectiles – the magic arrows. The aura sphere charging properties of the move (which increases the amount he can throw at once) let him use them in combos or even power up his throws, and the stunning properties of the Lightning and Wind varieties of arrows give him time to flash step in and attack. And he doesn’t even have to run if a foe tries to attack while he’s charging: he can cancel it into a brutal rush attack that uses his magic charge directly or a a superstrong magical punch that’s actually his main KO move or a close range stunner depending on the type of arrow. DM put a whole lot of thought and effort into this set and how Negi could deal with any type of opponent, while still playing in a unique yet grounded manner that fits perfectly into Brawl itself without an ounce of tackiness. For this, Negi deserves a place on your votelist.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace

4 definites for the next MYM - feel free to guess the character associated with each of them with me in the chat or over private message.​

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
THE VOTING PERIOD IS NOW OVER

Now is the time where you sit and wait for the Top 50 to come out.​

Smady

Smash Master
User Rankings Finale

Welcome to the User Rankings! Every Monday, I'll be compiling the entire of the last week's activity in the thread and showing off, just who is the most active member? The point of this exercise is to recognise the most dedicated among us – those make your movers who are currently pushing the boundaries, as well as highlighting all movesets made by them.

To get on this list, you need to have made a moveset in this or a previous Make Your Move, as well as having posted in the Make Your Move 11 thread. The cut-off point for tallying is 3:59PM on Sunday EST, 5:59PM PMT or 11:59PM GMT; other removals or changes are at my own discretion. The breakdown of points is as follows:
30 points for a Moveset
5 points for a Comment
4 points for a Secondary Submission
2 points for a Secondary Submission Comment
1 point for a Regular Post
+Regular Posts do not stack
+Secondary Submissions are MYminis, Joke Movesets and other miscellaneous submissions
Here we are at the end of the fourth contest-long User Ranking. This was a fortnight, pretty much. My apologies for it being so late, I was on holiday for five days about two weeks ago and after that, all sorts of other stuff happened too, like constructing ads, my vote list and largest of all, my usual overly-ambitious plans for next contest. Of course, it's not about me, it's about all of us and our activity, so how did we do for the finale of Make Your Move 12? Very well, in fact. There were almost twenty new movesets and comments coming out by the dozen from the likes of Warlord and others. We got a stream of absolutely amazing movesets in the final weeks and I personally feel these pulled this contest up from the lower echelons of Make Your Moves past, placing it in a historically solid position.

It'll come as no surprise to anyone that Katapultar came first, for about the tenth time. Let me take this as an opportunity to also congratulate Katapultar on his overall User Ranking success, taking top spot with a mile-wide gap between first and the rest. I dub this the 'Meta Knight' gap. He has come a long way and has garnered much respect from everyone, without losing his cool head or gaining a huge ego. You've earned that special banner, Kat, and that spot in leadership could not have gone to a more deserving candidate, well done! Of course there was my sorry self behind Kat, posting Ameno-sagiri, a set you may have heard about. Warlord was in third in one of his best showings in these rankings, posting twelve comments and one awesome set in Tubba Blubba. I shall also break tradition a bit here and extend a thank you to everyone in the top ten of these rankings this time, all posting over two sets worth [!] of points in a short amount of time. This activity was crucial in making it a successful ending, and ultimately a very good contest.

And with that, we come to the end once more. These rankings have provided me with such insight over the past years, and though it has had its low moments when the activity is low or I can't find the time to update for three weeks, I've always enjoyed doing them. It has been a privilege doing them all this time, and let's hope it's not a hobby I give up soon. My passion for Make Your Move is burning as hot as ever! Onward and upward, moveset makers. :bee:

Overall User Rankings

Points: 97, Movesets: Agiri, Fibrizo, Yutaka, Kirika, Medusa Gorgon, Cherry, Luxord, Keroro Platoon, Sakurako & Himawari, Oogie Boogie, Jeanne D'Arc, Emi Ibarazaki

Points: 95, Movesets: Smot, Manfred Von Karma, Wizard Bowser, Ameno-sagiri

Points: 93, Movesets: The Necromancer, Zasalamel, Garbage Man, The Prospector, Manfred Von Karma, Black Hole Bowser, Tubba Blubba

Points: 90, Movesets: Dry Bones, Kirby Enemy Team, Billy Hatcher, Larxene, Cap'n Bowser, Etranger, Fuka, Old Man Geo

Points: 81, Movesets: Doc Scratch, Elsa Maria, Grim Poppet, Dark Falz, Chakravartin

Points: 65, Movesets: Karkat, Terezi, Tempura Wizard, Count Bleck, Phantoon, Sovereign Slayer, Phaedra, Basaran

Points: 65, Movesets: Amps, Chantique, Kang, Veran, Angel, Paper Man, Sphinx Bowser, Nova, Galvantula, Isamu

Points: 65, Movesets: Scizor, Night's End Sorcerer, Zombie Master, Demyx, Rattata, Two-Headed King Rex, Alice Margatroid

Points: 60, Movesets: Gardevoir, Tropius, Zexion, Laxaeus, Xaldin, Ampharos, Cryogonal, Chandelure, Winnie the Pooh

Points: 35, Movesets: Professor Ratigan, Gooper Blooper, Jarvis

Points: 35, Movesets: Captain Hook, Once-Ler, Iron Tail, Bowser the Brash, G-Man, The Engineer

Points: 30, Movesets: The Weird Rider, Bouldergeist, Red Tornado

Points: 5, Movesets: The Coachman, Xigbar, Xemnas, Star-Lord, Rin Tezuka

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Participation in the nomination process was pretty pitiful this time around: only 6 people sent in nominations, sadly. Regardless, the show must go on. It's time to vote! PM your votes to me by 11:59 U.S. Eastern Time on Saturday the 28th. And do not vote for any more choices than a category allows for: I will enforce this and waste both our time. Now happy voting!

Best Moveset Designer (choose 3)
Smash Daddy
Bkupa666
Katapultar
ProfPeanut
MasterWarlord
ForwardArrow
FrozenRoy
Junahu
ProfPeanut
Davidreamcatcha
n88_2004
JOE!

Best New Designer (choose 2)
FrozenRoy
PostmortemMessiah
The Warrior of Many Faces
Lucidthought
Violenceman
Conren
Bionichute

Best One-Hit Wonder (choose 3)
Heroes of the Trine by LegendofLink
Vergil by Hyper_Ridley and TWILTHERO
Poison Ivy by BladeKnight420
Shiftry by agidius
Naoto Shirogane by WorkingClassHero
Junker Bot by Lucidthought
Elemental Knight Regulus by Koric
Hockey Man by UserShadow7989
Marluxia by MarthTrinity
Master Hand by Nicholas1024
The Fighter by tirkaro
Rayman by Bionichute

Best Organization XIII Moveset (choose 4)
Vexen by Kholdstare
Saix by Kholdstare
Axel by Kholdstare
Roxas by Kholdstare
Xaldin by ProfPeanut
Zexion by ProfPeanut
Lexaeus by ProfPeanut
Xemnas by smashbot226
Xigbar by smashbot226
Marluxia by MarthTrinity
Luxord by Katapultar
Larxene by Junahu
Demyx by FrozenRoy
Perches Poxtrot (The Prospector) by MasterWarlord
Toxinrial (Iron Tail) by Davidreamcatcha

Best Mario Series Moveset (choose 4)
Jarvis by Bkupa666
Gooper Blooper by Bkupa666
Tubba Blubba by MasterWarlord
Black Hole Bowser by MasterWarlord
Bowser Sphinx by n88_2004
Amps by n88_2004
Cap'n Bowser by Junahu
Dry Bones by Junahu
Wizard Bowser by Smash Daddy
Junker Bot by Lucidthought
Bowser the Brash by Davidreamcatcha
Bouldergeist by getocoolaid
Count Bleck by majora_787
X-Naut by Waver

Best Moveset Mechanic (choose 7)
Kirika Ueno by Katapultar
Luxord by Katapultar
Oogie Boogie by Katapultar
Jeanne D’Arc by Katapultar
Yutaka Kobayakawa by Katapultar
Manfred von Karma by MasterWarlord and Smash Daddy
The Necromancer by MasterWarlord
Ratigan by Bkupa666
Jarvis by Bkupa666
Old Man Geo by Junahu
Larxene by Junahu
Ameno-sagari by Smash Daddy
Doc Scratch by ForwardArrow
Chakravartin by ForwardArrow
Rattata by FrozenRoy
Alice Margatroid by FrozenRoy
Kang the Conquerer by n88_2004
Shana by half_silver28
Zexion by ProfPeanut
The G-Man by Davidreamcatcha
Marluxia by MarthTrinity
The Fighter by tirkaro
The Weird Rider by Getocoolaid
Karkat by majora_787
Ico and Yorda by Violenceman

Best Playstyle (choose 8)
Manfred von Karma by MasterWarlord and Smash Daddy
The Necromancer by MasterWarlord
Black Hole Bowser by MasterWarlord
Luxord by Katapultar
Oogie Boogie by Katapultar
Jeanne D’Arc by Katapultar
Agiri Goshiki by Katapultar
Jarvis by Bkupa666
Ratigan by Bkupa666
Ameno-sagiri by Smash Daddy
Smot by Smash Daddy
Larxene by Junahu
Fuka by Junahu
Old Man Geo by Junahu
Rattata by FrozenRoy
Alice Margatroid by FrozenRoy
Kang the Conquerer by n88_2004
Nova by n88_2004
Marluxia by MarthTrinity
Rhyperior by JOE!
Zexion by ProfPeanut
Khamsin Nbh’w by SirKibble
Shana by half_silver28
The Engineer by Davidreamcatcha
Karkat by majora_787

Funniest Moveset (choose 3)
Captain Hook by Davidreamcatcha
The Once-ler by Davidreamcatcha
Demyx by FrozenRoy
Winnie the Pooh by ProfPeanut
Cap’n Bowser by Junahu
Mona by LordVaati
Rin Tezuka by smashbot226
Rhyperior by JOE!
Doc Scratch by ForwardArrow
Keroro Platoon by Katapultar
Tempura Wizard by majora_787

Most Improved Designer (choose 2)
ProfPeanut
majora_787
Katapultar
FrozenRoy
n88_2004
MasterWarlord
Junahu
Violenceman

Most Helpful MYMer (choose 2)
Katapultar
Smash Daddy
MasterWarlord
ForwardArrow
FrozenRoy
half_silver28

Funniest MYMer (choose 3)
Katapultar
MasterWarlord
LegendofLink
Kholdstare
Davidreamcatcha
phatcat203
TheSundanceKid
JOE!
darth_meanie
tirkaro

Best Commenter (choose 2)
MasterWarlord
Smash Daddy
Katapultar
FrozenRoy
Smashbot226
ForwardArrow
Kholdstare

Best Leader (choose 2)
MasterWarlord
Smash Daddy
Bkupa666
LegendofLink
Katapultar
ForwardArrow

MYM12 WINRAR (choose 3)
Katapultar
MasterWarlord
Smash Daddy
ForwardArrow
FrozenRoy
Junahu
n88_2004
Bkupa666
ProfPeanut
Davidreamcatcha
half_silver28

Special Award: Most Missed MYMer
(choose 6)
TheSundanceKid
tirkaro
KoJ
Chief Mendez
goldwyvern
UserShadow7989
KingK.Rool
LegendofLink
princesspeachluver
Spadefox
Wizzerd
Tanookie
agidius
Pelikinesis
Clownbot
emergency
MarthTrinity
HeoandReo
GreatClayMonkey
darth_meanie
Iron Thorn
Akiak

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
Generic Set Plans

Still need to get around to this one

Given my recent obsession with Fate/Zero, only natural I'd want to make a set from it.

I'll be honest I have no idea how this character hasn't gotten a set yet

Not voluntary, but I did lose the n88 bet.​

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
1) Ameno-sagiri by Smash Daddy
2) Smot by Smash Daddy
3) Necromancer by MasterWarlord​
4) Luxord by Katapultar
5) Manfred Von Karma by MasterWarlord
6) Jarvis by BKupa666
7) Zexion by ProfPeanut
8) Shana by half_silver28
9) Kang the Conqueror by n88_2004
10) Rattata by FrozenRoy

11) Larxene by Junahu
12) Chakravartin by ForwardArrow
13) Alice Margatroid by FrozenRoy
14) Kirby Enemy Team by Junahu
15) Garbage Man by MasterWarlord
16) Wizard Bowser by Smash Daddy
17) Gooper Blooper by BKupa666
18) Black Hole Bowser by MasterWarlord
19) Professor Ratigan by BKupa666
20) Marluxia by MarthTrinity

21) Doc Scratch by ForwardArrow
22) Jeanne D’Arc by Katapultar
23) The Weird Rider by Getocoolaid
24) Master Hand by Nicholas1024
25) Oogie Boogie by Katapultar
26) Old Man Geo by Junahu
27) Medusa Gorgon by Katapultar
28) Gardevoir by ProfPeanut
29) Khamsin Nbh’w by SirKibble
30) Engineer by Davidreamcatcha

31) Lexaeus by ProfPeanut
32) Rhyperior by JOE!
33) Zasalamel by MasterWarlord
34) Yutaka Kobayakawa by Katapultar
35) Iron Tail by Davidreamcatcha
36) Etranger by Junahu
37) Negi Springfield by darth meanie
38) Tubba Blubba by MasterWarlord
39) Karkat by majora_787
40) Hockey Man by UserShadow7989

41) The G-Man by Davidreamcatcha
42) Junker Bot by Davidreamcatcha
43) Xemnas by smashbot226
44) Keroro Platoon by Katapultar
45) Vexen by Kholdstare
46) Tropius by ProfPeanut
47) Elsa Maria by ForwardArrow
48) The Prospector by MasterWarlord
49) Poison Ivy by BladeKnight420
50) Nova by n88_2004​

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Wow, this was posted pretty quickly. Congrats to everyone who placed, with an extra shout-out to Smady for winning his second contest in a row!

Katapultar

Smash Lord
To think I would ever get this far in my MYMing career...wow, just wow. Some of these placings are also very ironic, too, and so I think they worked out extremely well.

Luxord is a strange case for me, effectively being the Banette of this contest in comparison with my other stuff. I did not think he was going to be good when I made him, but really I did have a lot of fun making him when I think back to it. My only regret with Luxord is that I could not predict his reception, and that I don't know whether I'd be able to pull off something similar in the future to keep up with this newfound reputation - there's also the trivial fact that he'll be the one appearing as my User Rankings picture next contest rather than an anime girl, though to be fair he's a hell of a lot better than a random Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts I've decided is my favorite video game series of all time. It's also ironic that I got the same placing as Lol last contest, and while I came extremely close to 3rd or 2nd place 4th is a very fair placing given getting too high would have probably made me too confident - I know I still have a ways to go, and my 5 other placings show.

Jeanne's placing I'm very happy with too (she got same placing as Homura, which is really cool), as she keeps up my faith that I can make good sets whilst knowing so when making them. The placing is fitting too as she's not flawless and could have been a bit better, though I'm proud of what I managed to grind up for her given the nature of the series and her powers - she's among the funnest of my sets to imagine. She's also an anime character and a female, which I do try to look out for when watching animes.

Oogie Boogie is similar to Jeanne in that it helped me keep up my faith in movesetting. He has a concept I'm proud of, though he does stick out in terms of my character choices. Can't help but feel this one got up here due to character bias.

Medusa might have gotten a bit higher than I'd imagined - unlike Oogie and Jeanne I spent longer on her than them but got less result out of her, though she's probably my set that's closest to a Brawl set and I felt I captured her pretty well this way. Not to mention she's the first -good- Soul Eater moveset.

Yutaka's placing I'm very happy with: she's the first Lucky Star moveset to place, and really in the end only 4 people voted for her, but those people -DID- like her. I probably put more effort into her set than all the other 5 combined and than any other set I've made, but really compared to them I've learned that time and effort do not always equal results. Perhaps one of these days I'll make a Lucky Star set everyone can like given there are many more characters with more potential than Yutaka, especially given Von Karma and Rattata's placings. For once putting that effort into a design for myself paid off.

Keroro Platoon's placing is the most ironic, partly because it's the same as Kyubey's. Glad the set placed if for the lulz and the fact that I like the characterization behind it.

And now this is the part where I extend my own congratulations to everyone else - particular Silver, Geto, Professor, Majora and Froy who all get to enjoy their new User Ranking avis along with me from their newfound breakthroughs (not to mention Smady). Of course, everyone else is awesome too.

And now we just have to wait for the best part, the Character Select Screen to show everyone in their coolness. I can't wait, can you?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Very happy with my placings, of course. Smot at second is distasteful even ignoring Smady also won the contest, but whatever.

Big congrats to Froy on placing top 10 in the very first contest he entered.

Junahu and Kat underperformed from what was expected, but I obviously don't object to their placings.

Katapultar said:
And now we just have to wait for the best part, the Character Select Screen to show everyone in their coolness. I can't wait, can you?
n88 is lazy, so, this is probably the best you'll get.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Hello! Time for my Post-Top 50 post, eh?

Getting Top 10 on my first contest...heh, pretty surprising, I entered the contest just hoping for a Warlord 5-star and not expecting to place, so Rattata not only getting 10th but Alice getting 13th is a real nice surprise. Even if I still think Alice is just obviously superior and Rat is a bit overrated, but I digress...

Ameno wasn't my favorite set by a decent amount, but it WAS really good, so I can't say I disagree with the winner. I SV'd it, after all. The only Top 5 placement I don't really agree with is Necromancer, but even then, I wouldn't mind Necro sixth or something, but it's just not Top 5 material for me. Top 10 similiarly is pretty good for me, with my only disagreeals really being Kang and maybe Rat, and both have redeeming qualities I can see others liking enough that I can't really complain much.

Etranger is personally the worst possible placing for me, but you know, that's just me.

Larxene and Marluxia so high is nice, but after making a bunch of matchups with Lexaeus(Which I will post soon enough!), I really wish I had tried to give that set a push to get it past 31st. But still, 31st is pretty good, so. I also want to congratulate Prof on Zexion's excellent placement: 7th seems good to me, though I coulda seen it being TOp 5 fine for me. Similiarly, a big round of applause for Silver, and his 8th place with Shana! I dunno if this is his best ever or something, but Shana was certainly a good set, so it's solid placing pleases me.

Hockey Man's massive downshifting(29th to 40th!) is dissapointing and not even because I like the set: Any set being downshifted eleven spots is terrible. Even Etranger. On the plus side, Karkat got 39th: Congrats on Maj's placing and breaking the Top 40 even! While I certainly would have preferred a higher Karkat given my like of the set, I'm still pretty glad it placed decently, especially given it only got three voters: Did everyone just forget this set? Shrug.

Similiarly, wish Yutaka had gotten higher, but hey. Kat got 4th with Luxord, so good for him! Good placings of Jeanne, Oogie, Medusa and even (bleh) Keroro means I'd say Kat had a pretty good contest too. Kudos!

Speaking of kudos, major ones are in store for Geto: He felt Weird Rider, a set I found pretty good, to surpass his previous worked and hoped for a higher placing, and suceeded with an excellent 23rd place showing compared to Appetizer's 30th. Perhaps next contest you shall improve to 16th?

Quick also kudo to Lucidthought, for placing with Junker Bot! Always good to see a newcomer place.

MYM12 didn't seem to be well liked for a while, but I think it turned out pretty swell, myself. Let's make MYM13 even better, eh?

Smady

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z3Vy_NwgYE

I am indeed the most generic anime villain.

On Smot being second, I really thought the 2-3-4 tie should’ve just stayed a tie. Anyway, everyone can see the raw top fifty. The order is merely a mean average of leadership’s opinions.

Strange to see pipsqueak didn’t top ten. This is the first time this has happened since Viola. This may be one of the subtler hints that times are changing in Make Your Move, one way or another.

So, yeah, I placed both first and second, plus a streak, plus with a boss set. I actually am not as enthralled as when I won my first contest, maybe because of shock. I thought at least the no-streak record would stick around forever, especially given that Smot looked to clash heavily with Ameno-sagiri in the ‘Smady slot.’ I figured by the sheer size of Ameno-sagiri’s support, it had a good shot, but even getting Smot in the top five as well is freaking insane, and I’m speechless in trying to express my gratitude to their supporters. Thank you all, I’ll try my best to return this good will back into the community in every way I can.

Congratulations to Warlord on one of his best placings. The sets held an incredibly high standard in my view. Two people haven’t dominated top five like this since Make Your Move 6. I predict a third win for you is not far off at this pace.

Huge congratulations to Kat on his major success. That he’s in top five compared to last contest and not through a surprise one-hit wonder, but sustained quality sets culminating in Luxord, is hugely impressive. What’s so good about your sets is that what needs improving is fairly obvious stuff and if you can get past that you’re going to be flying. You should be very proud.

Jarvis would not be out of place about six spots higher than he is, but I suppose I can’t complain too much. A small, but bold showing, Kupa, I just hope you and I can get more of them out and not descend into terrible two’s.

Zexion in top ten is fantastic, well-deserved, Peanut. If only you commented I would be backing you so hard for leadership, we’d be a Weezing.

Congrats to Silver. You’re a veteran so you’ll know better than most how great this is, and I’m really happy for you. Same to Nate, though in his case, this isn’t as monumental.

Perhaps the biggest surprise outside of my own success was Roy placing top ten in the same contest he made Scizor and Demyx. Granted, it was a long five months, it’s still incredible how far you’ve come and proves your inherent talent at making sets. Keep the comments up and don’t lose your flair, you’ll soon be one of the five.

Those were some detailed highlights, though I would also extend a congrats to FA and Junahu for their splattering of sets.

And that’s that.

Almost forgot: :bee:

Last edited:

PostmortemMessiah

Smash Cadet
Oh. This is over already? I had just remembered to write my next attempt at a moveset. There is going to be another Make Your Move, right? When is that starting? Oh. And congratulations to Smash Daddy I guess for winning the contest.

How was this decided anyway? Did everyone vote on the best moveset while I was gone or what?

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Oh. This is over already? I had just remembered to write my next attempt at a moveset. There is going to be another Make Your Move, right? When is that starting? Oh. And congratulations to Smash Daddy I guess for winning the contest.

How was this decided anyway? Did everyone vote on the best moveset while I was gone or what?
There will be another Make Your Move. I believe it is estimated to start sometime around next week. Finish that moveset and you can post it first day.

It's decided via voting. Once the contest's "submission period" (Where we submit sets is over), we enter an "Advertisement Period" (Where people advertise sets other than theirs they like and required to vote) for a week, then a "Voting Period" for a week when Advertisement Period is over(This is when people vote for what sets they liked. Obviously, you can't vote for your own.).

Voting is divided into six "Super Votes", which are worth three points, fifteen "Regular Votes", which are worth 1.75 points, and fifteen "Weak Votes", which are worth 1.25 points. The set with the most combined points wins, with the Top 50 comprised of the 50 sets with the most points. You may begin working on your votelist at any time, even making an ever-shifting one during the contest, as long as you get your votes in during voting period.

I hope that was helpful. c:

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
Honestly, I don't think anyone is going to go out and say 12 is our best contest yet, given how slow the start was and how tacky some sets could be, but all the same, the Top 50 really shows that we got some very nice sets. Most sets in the Top 30 are all fairly enjoyable and even memorable, and there are plenty of gems below that. Particularly towards the end, you guys pulled through(the borderline landslide winner being one of the last sets in the contest should REALLY say something).

As far as specific placings, I actually have to concur, despite really liking the set, that Necromancer in 3rd feels a bit too high, Von Karma should've taken that slot instead. Pleasantly surprised to see it get so high though, better that than being shafted from the Top 10 entirely. Along with Shana for that matter, major kudos to Silver in regards to that one(bloody fantastic set, really). Smady's back to back placing was pretty awesome(though I may just be saying that as Ameno was easily my favorite set in the contest), though I wonder if it's too dominant for our own good. Ah well, formal congradulations on back to back wins. Also, huge congradulations to Froy for managing 10th and 13th. That's better than I did, and both sets are definently impressive in their own rights(I believe they should be swapped, but what can you do).

Past the upper regions of the list, I do feel a couple sets got shafted pretty bad(Karkat and Negi especially, though Zasalamel and Engineer may have underplaced a bit too) and a couple sets overplaced(looking at you Oogie Boogie), but all in all, it's a fairly solid Top 50. And hey, we got some fairly good placings from newbies/returning people(I think we've all sung Kat's praises this contest, but really going from the mockery of the contest to placing Top 5 in a supremely competitive Top 10 is downright insane), regardless of a few dropping off from last contest.

Speaking of dropping off... I did not do so well this contest, which I suppose is part of the reason I don't feel especially fond of 12. Chakravartin was good yes, but it's far from the best I've done and frankly even I don't think it belongs any higher than it is. I also admittedly like Scratch, but the set didn't do enough with it's concepts and frankly got way higher than it should have. I won't even mention Poppet or Falz, though at least Elsa found it's niche with certain people. Certainly proud of certain aspects of that set. Regardless, that's what MYM13 is for, right?

In any case, it's been a good contest and regardless of my somewhat negative tone here I think we all had a lot of fun here. Here's to a better MYM13 :bee:

PostmortemMessiah

Smash Cadet
There will be another Make Your Move. I believe it is estimated to start sometime around next week. Finish that moveset and you can post it first day.

It's decided via voting. Once the contest's "submission period" (Where we submit sets is over), we enter an "Advertisement Period" (Where people advertise sets other than theirs they like and required to vote) for a week, then a "Voting Period" for a week when Advertisement Period is over(This is when people vote for what sets they liked. Obviously, you can't vote for your own.).

Voting is divided into six "Super Votes", which are worth three points, fifteen "Regular Votes", which are worth 1.75 points, and fifteen "Weak Votes", which are worth 1.25 points. The set with the most combined points wins, with the Top 50 comprised of the 50 sets with the most points. You may begin working on your votelist at any time, even making an ever-shifting one during the contest, as long as you get your votes in during voting period.

I hope that was helpful. c:
Thanks. I'll try to get something together. But I decided to scrap my old idea for something different. Maybe I will keep better tabs on Make Your Move the 13th.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Most of MYM already knows about this , but I may as well post it in the thread to make it official.

Garble the dragon coming to a MYM13 near you!​

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
"The arcana is the means by which all is revealed..."

Plans? Screw gathering a bunch of images: Here's some famous and/or related quotes for sets I plan in MYM13, of which I have far too many to do. One quote per character. >D

Once per turn: You can discard one card to place one Ice Counter on one monster on the field. This card gains 300 ATK for every Ice Counter on the field.

"PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: SEEK OUT AND DESTROY THE HYPERFORCE."

"You are but a mere mortal. Soft flesh, easily crushed by my terrible wrath..."

"You always were my inferior. More suited to philosophy...than battle!"

"I'll give Scrapperton one thing: He knows how to build 'em. But I can break anything!"

The Maid and The Pocket Watch of Blood.

"First the little sister and now you. What kind of day is this?!"

"Come...I'll end your emptiness..."

"I'm gonna bare it all!"

"The arcana is the means by which ALL is revealed..."

Katapultar

Smash Lord

These are the plans that I do have something down for, and you'll definitely be seeing half of them. One of them has relevance to my Story Mode Recap for MYM13 (remember that?), another is my obligatory Lucky Star moveset that I do every contest and the other could be apart of a potential movement that ties in with one of FA's plans if at least one other person gets involved.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
hahahaha, I'm never getting this done

"I'm not afraid anymore!"

"Justice is written by the victors, Negi-kun"

"Truth, meaning? Those don't have anything to do with me or my life."

"It's far too soon for goodbyes. I'm taking you with me!"

"You are... my hero!"
:phone:

Smady

Smash Master

These are traditionally too ambitious, this time I decided to post plans that are unlikely to happen even now. The first and last one should be obvious and provoke some response, the middle three I imagine would be impossible to figure. :smirk:

n88

Smash Lord
Plan time? I'm not completely certain what I'll have done by the time I head off for college (August 22, mark it on your calendars, folks!), but I do have five bet-related sets to finish (which I'm keeping under wraps for the moment). The only sets to expect from me would be Thanos and Captain America, which would of course go up with the impending Avengers movement. I may be able to finish as many as four or five other movesets. Here are some possibilities. . .

Evil Spirit from Beyond
Human Firefly
Goddess of Beauty
God of War
Sinister Spider-Man
Caped Crusader
A Reckoning
Kang's Most Powerful Foe
William the Bloody
Iron Baron
Black Foe of the World
The Cat
Lethal Protector
Reaper Man
Master of Fear
America's Secret Soldier
The Gunslinger​

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
To hell with those symbols I did before. Time to spam quotes.

"A riot is an ugly thing...and I think that it is just about time that we had one!" - An inspector with loose limbs...
"Do you believe in ghosts?" "I believe that you're a big dork!" - A pair of mystery-hunting young twins...
"The birth of an industry, you poor stupid guy! You telling me what the public will buy!?" - A cigar-smoking pioneer...
"He gave me six monthes to live...I gave him six seconds!" - An aged clown...
"This'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at 500 yards, Tannen! And it's pointed straight at your head!" - A time traveler in his element...
"HUDDA HUDDA HRMPHMMMPH." - A clueless Pyromaniac...
"Team Plasma once said... 'We realize the potential of Pokémon and it is best to free them from humans.' I, however...disagree with them." - A mysterious researcher...

Conren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Conren1
3DS FC
5086-4445-8944
I'll just describe my current plans.

-A hovering robot with only one camera.

-A red headed thief with a fondness for a cleric.

-An odd queen that wears her castle.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Just to let you all know, the Leadership has decided on Make Your Move 13's Opening Date: August the 5th. This gives everyone some time to ready their opening sets, but not so long they'll die of boredom and resort to playing in the chat. The OP for MYM13 will be MasterWarlord, meaning if you see a thread made by him on the day, click it!

half_silver28

Smash Ace
The results are in. . . . participation in the awards was at an all-time low this contest, low enough to make me consider ending the awards, but the show must go on! I would like to thank those who DID participate, particularly MasterWarlord who helped with the nominations.

Best Moveset Designer
1) Smash Daddy 5 votes
2) Katapultar 4 votes
2) MasterWarlord 4 votes
3) Bkupa666 2 votes
3) FrozenRoy 2 votes
3) ProfPeanut 2 votes
3) Junahu 2 votes
ProfPeanut 1 vote
n88_2004 1 vote
JOE! 1 vote
ForwardArrow
Davidreamcatcha

Best New Designer
1) FrozenRoy 6 votes
2) Violenceman 5 votes
3) Conren 2 votes
The Warrior of Many Faces 1 vote
Lucidthought 1 vote
PostmortemMessiah
Bionichute

Best One-Hit Wonder
1) Marluxia by MarthTrinity 5 votes
2) Junker Bot by Lucidthought 3 votes
2) Hockey Man by UserShadow7989 3 votes
2) The Fighter by tirkaro 3 votes
3) Poison Ivy by BladeKnight420 2 votes
3) Negi Springfield by darth_meanie 2 votes
Vergil by Hyper_Ridley and TWILTHERO 1 vote
Master Hand by Nicholas1024 1 vote
Shiftry by agidius
Naoto Shirogane by WorkingClassHero
Elemental Knight Regulus by Koric
Rayman by Bionichute

Best Organization XIII Moveset
1) Larxene by Junahu 6 votes
2) Zexion by ProfPeanut 5 votes
3) Luxord by Katapultar 4 votes
Marluxia by MarthTrinity 3 votes
Lexaeus by ProfPeanut 3 votes
Toxinrial (Iron Tail) by Davidreamcatcha 2 votes
Vexen by Kholdstare 1 vote
Saix by Kholdstare 1 vote
Axel by Kholdstare 1 vote
Xemnas by smashbot226 1 vote
Xigbar by smashbot226 1 vote
Perches Poxtrot (The Prospector) by MasterWarlord 1 vote
Roxas by Kholdstare
Xaldin by ProfPeanut
Demyx by FrozenRoy

Best Mario Series Moveset
1) Jarvis by Bkupa666 6 votes
2) Gooper Blooper by Bkupa666 5 votes
3) Black Hole Bowser by MasterWarlord 4 votes
3) Wizard Bowser by Smash Daddy 4 votes
Tubba Blubba by MasterWarlord 2 votes
Junker Bot by Lucidthought 2 votes
Bowser Sphinx by n88_2004 1 vote
Dry Bones by Junahu 1 vote
X-Naut by Waver 1 vote
Amps by n88_2004
Cap'n Bowser by Junahu
Bowser the Brash by Davidreamcatcha
Bouldergeist by getocoolaid
Count Bleck by majora_787

Best Moveset Mechanic
1) Jarvis by Bkupa666 5 votes
1) Kang the Conquerer by n88_2004 5 votes
2) Ameno-sagari by Smash Daddy 4 votes
2) Zexion by ProfPeanut 4 votes
3) Wizard Bowser by Smash Daddy 3 votes
3) The G-Man by Davidreamcatcha 3 votes
3) Rattata by FrozenRoy 3 votes
3) Ico and Yorda by Violenceman 3 votes
Luxord by Katapultar 2 votes
Jeanne D’Arc by Katapultar 2 votes
Manfred von Karma by MasterWarlord and Smash Daddy 2 votes
Old Man Geo by Junahu 2 votes
Larxene by Junahu 2 votes
Alice Margatroid by FrozenRoy 2 votes
Karkat by majora_787 2 votes
Kirika Ueno by Katapultar 1 vote
Oogie Boogie by Katapultar 1 vote
Yutaka Kobayakawa by Katapultar 1 vote
Tubba Blubba by MasterWarlord 1 vote
The Necromancer by MasterWarlord 1 vote
Ratigan by Bkupa666 1 vote
Gooper Blooper by Bkupa666 1 vote
The Fighter by tirkaro 1 vote
Doc Scratch by ForwardArrow 1 vote
Shana by half_silver28
Marluxia by MarthTrinity

Best Playstyle
1) Ameno-sagiri by Smash Daddy 5 votes
2) Kang the Conquerer by n88_2004 4 votes
2) Luxord by Katapultar 4 votes
3)Manfred von Karma by MasterWarlord and Smash Daddy 3 votes
3) Jarvis by Bkupa666 3 votes
3) Zexion by ProfPeanut 3 votes
3) Shana by half_silver28 3 votes
Agiri Goshiki by Katapultar 2 votes
Ratigan by Bkupa666 2 votes
Black Hole Bowser by MasterWarlord 2 votes
The Necromancer by MasterWarlord 2 votes
Smot by Smash Daddy 2 votes
Wizard Bowser by Smash Daddy 2 votes
Larxene by Junahu 2 votes
Old Man Geo by Junahu 2 votes
Rattata by FrozenRoy 2 votes
Alice Margatroid by FrozenRoy 2 votes
Marluxia by MarthTrinity 2 votes
Khamsin Nbh’w by SirKibble 2 votes
Tubba Blubba by MasterWarlord 1 vote
Oogie Boogie by Katapultar 1 vote
Jeanne D’Arc by Katapultar 1 vote
Gooper Blooper by Bkupa666 1 vote
Nova by n88_2004 1 vote
Chakravartin by ForwardArrow 1 vote
Rhyperior by JOE! 1 vote
Negi Springfield by darth_meanie 1 vote
Karkat by majora_787 1 vote
Fuka by Junahu
The Engineer by Davidreamcatcha

Funniest Moveset
1) Winnie the Pooh by ProfPeanut 5 votes
2) The Once-ler by Davidreamcatcha 3 votes
2) Keroro Platoon by Katapultar 3 votes
3) Doc Scratch by ForwardArrow 2 votes
3) Tempura Wizard by majora_787 2 votes
3) Demyx by FrozenRoy 2 votes
Heroes of the Trine by LegendofLink 1 vote
Rin Tezuka by smashbot226 1 vote
Rhyperior by JOE! 1 vote
Captain Hook by Davidreamcatcha
Cap’n Bowser by Junahu
Mona by LordVaati

Most Improved Designer
1) Katapultar 4 votes
2) ProfPeanut 3 votes
2) FrozenRoy 3 votes
3) majora_787 2 votes
Violenceman 1 vote
Junahu 1 vote
n88_2004
MasterWarlord

Most Helpful MYMer
1) Katapultar 4 votes
2) Smash Daddy 3 votes
2) ForwardArrow 3 votes
3) MasterWarlord 1 vote
3) FrozenRoy 1 vote
half_silver28 (HIPPO)

Funniest MYMer
1) LegendofLink 4 votes
2) The Warrior of Many Faces 3 votes
3) MasterWarlord 2 votes
3) Kholdstare 2 votes
3) tirkaro 2 votes
3) TheSundanceKid 2 votes
Katapultar 1 vote
phatcat203 1 vote
JOE! 1 vote
darth_meanie 1 vote
Davidreamcatcha

Best Commenter
1) Katapultar 4 votes
2) MasterWarlord 3 votes
2) Smash Daddy 3 votes
3) FrozenRoy 2 votes
Smashbot226 1 vote
ForwardArrow 1 vote
The Warrior of Many Faces 1 vote
Kholdstare

Best Leader
1) Katapultar 4 votes
2) Smash Daddy 3 votes
3) ForwardArrow 2 votes
MasterWarlord 1 vote
LegendofLink 1 vote
Bkupa666 1 vote

MYM12 WINRAR
1) Katapultar 4 votes
2) Smash Daddy 3 votes
3) FrozenRoy 2 votes
3) ProfPeanut 2 votes
MasterWarlord 1 vote
Junahu 1 vote
Bkupa666 1 vote
half_silver28 1 vote
ForwardArrow
n88_2004
Davidreamcatcha

Special Award: Most Missed MYMer

1) KingK.Rool 4 votes
2) TheSundanceKid 3 votes
2) agidius 3 votes
2) MarthTrinity 3 votes
3) KoJ 2 votes
3) goldwyvern 2 votes
3) UserShadow7989 2 votes
Tirkaro 1 vote
Chief Mendez 1 vote
LegendofLink 1 vote
Spadefox 1 vote
Pelikinesis 1 vote
Clownbot 1 vote
emergency 1 vote
HeoandReo 1 vote
GreatClayMonkey 1 vote
darth_meanie 1 vote
Iron Thorn 1 vote
Akiak 1 vote
RWB 1 vote
princesspeachluver
Wizzerd
Tanookie

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Ohoho, those are definitely some "hippoish" awards, as you might say. It does feel like empty praise directed at me however given the relatively non-existent difference in the numbers, and thus I have no choice but to partially dismiss most of those 1st places like Best Leader and Most Helpful when I feel I do not deserve them - I don't know what others think in those manners, however. I am appreciative of my commenting being acknowledged on a high level however, though everyone has their own styles and opinions. Getting Most Improved and Keroro at 2nd funniest do rock too - I was expecting to win the former for the most part, though Professor and Froy had it coming very close were it not for the gap I made.

Perhaps these strange results may have been a result of how late they came after the Top 50, which has been coming out earlier as of recent - the two used to be side by side, or at least the awards would come out before the Top 50 and serve as an appetizer.

Smash Apprentice
Everywhere and nowhere, as location is meaningless
First off, sorry for my week-long absence! Scout Camp was timed inconveniently. Oh well.

Second off, congrats to Smady for winning the contest! My main regret about the top 50 is that I wish Keroro Platoon had placed higher. Still, the craftsmanship of the top sets cannot be denied, even if I don't happen to like some of them. Well done, everypony!

Third off, Nightmare Moon and Hades sets to come? YES!

Fourth off, the awards. While I think most of them were well-deserved, I have to admit, I was surprised to see that anypony had given me votes! Especially for Best New Designer; I didn't think I was even close, so getting even that one solitary vote was a surprise. Getting second for Funniest MYMer was also a surprise, although not as much as the above. In other news, I'm glad Kat got 1st for Best Commenter and Best Leader: he really is! :D

Fifth off, my future sets are in my signature, but I'll post some pictures anyway:

Top Bottom