• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale": Sony's version of Super Smash Bros.

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice
While combos are nice, I gotta say I love tech chasing in this game. Even though this game is about gaining as much meter as humanly possible, it's just as much about taking away your opponent's opportunities to get meter. That's why I'm always going for "resets" and techs. My opponent can only focus on not getting hit.

I'd much rather air f+1 with Fat Princess and wait for an air tech/dodge to mix up with another f+1, (air) f+2, or grab. Threatening a tech chase with Kratos and Sweet Tooth's lv 1 on a roll tech gives me that Brawl Ganon feel. I'm hoping they build Heihachi to be good at tech chasing, seeing that oki plays a huge role in his game.

By the way, I'd hate to be that guy, but here's the current beta's tier list imo:

Sly
Parappa
Radec (The format of the matches plays a pretty big role in this position right now.)
Kratos
Sweet Tooth
Fat Princess

I'll give explanations at another time.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
godamnit i NEED me a beta code

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

I see Nariko and Ratchet in the roster background, but can't sort the rest yet.

and I'm getting Nightmare fuel from that Raiden pic.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Man... Ryu Hayabusa!

It's the first character I like! I won't need him for Smash 4 anymore, THIS will do. This will definitely do.

First character from that game which I actually like! O.o

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The picture is totally fake, you know that right?
I can't believe that people actually think that this confirms anything. It's not confirmed until Superbot announces it at a con.
If it's 100% fake then why did it appear on the game's website.

Over at the PS forums, this is still being debated. Sure the images can be recycled, but that still doesn't mean it's ok to put misleading information. That would be TOO unprofessional.

But yeah, technically nobody is in the game until Superbot confirms it.:bee:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I didn't like how a lot of rumors are suggesting that some of the characters in the background might consist of Jin from Tekken (we don't need another). That just irks me the wrong way.

I don't really care much about Ryu. I mean...we already have Raiden who technically is a ninja, although a very different kind. Is there enough room in this game for two?

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice
I've been pretty happy with the current announced roster, so any extra guys are just gravy to me. Plus, I'm a huge Tekken fan, so the more Tekken, the better. lol

By the way, how would people feel about a podcast for All-Stars?

Genericmartini

Smash Cadet
So do the guys at Superbot even care about suspense anymore, just reveal everyone if they're just so adamant of revealing characters so obliviously. Don't get us riled up and guessing if your just revealing in groups rather than one at a time.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Oh hey Clockwork

Clockwork said:
Just for clarification, the only Tekken characters in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale are Heihachi Mishima and his bodyguard Kuma.

Clock
So yeah Gin and Kazuya aren't playable. He doesn't say anything about Ryu though.

yellowlink

Smash Rookie
I really need a key, best advice where I can find one? or if someone has a extra can they pm me one :(

Bionichute

Smash Champion

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
So why are people jumping on the Tomba train? I haven't heard anything about the guy in PSABR until like last week but now it seems like everyone wants him

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Well, we all know what happened last time characters got leaked from this game, so I'm not counting anything out...whether the confirm or not.....
BT FUC*ING W
Where is Spyro!!!

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
THIS IS FAAAAAKE
The artwork is all just reused from other games, Tomba is taken from the first game, and Crash is taken from BOTH Twinsanity and the icon is from Crash 4.
How do news journalists actually believe these obviously fake photoshops!?
They don't actually believe them. They just write the articles for hits.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Well, we all know what happened last time characters got leaked from this game, so I'm not counting anything out...whether the confirm or not.....
BT FUC*ING W
Where is Spyro!!!

I don't know what activisions problem is its not like they're doing anything with crash anyway I mean spyro kinda makes sense because of skylanders but that's not even a spyro game it just has his name on it. Two characters that's all we want and in the long run it may even end up paying off for activision if they plan a spyro or crash reboot, oh well I really hope this rumor is real and if it is please put the crash from twinsanity in

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what activisions problem is its not like they're doing anything with crash anyway I mean spyro kinda makes sense because of skylanders but that's not even a spyro game it just has his name on it. Two characters that's all we want and in the long run it may even end up paying off for activision if they plan a spyro or crash reboot, oh well I really hope this rumor is real and if it is please put the crash from twinsanity in
Agreed.
10 char
-manders
:004:

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Need to hear about how "technical" this game really is. So far it looks far from it, but at least we know there are combos. I'm hearing things though.

What I love is that people who never played TMNT: Smash Up will never know that PASBR is actually a rip-off of THAT game. Almost completely.

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice
Need to hear about how "technical" this game really is. So far it looks far from it, but at least we know there are combos. I'm hearing things though.

What I love is that people who never played TMNT: Smash Up will never know that PASBR is actually a rip-off of THAT game. Almost completely.
Depends on what you mean by technical. Are there advanced techniques?

Technically, this game is even more of a rip-off of another "smash-up" game that utilized meter and winning by supers.

Wow. Kratos players are really stepping it up. I still don't know any good combos.

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice
That maybe a good thing. Keeps people from feeling alienated, like what smash is supposed to be. lol

So far, everything has been character/matchup specific when it comes to move interactions, which could change before the final iteration.

:phone:

subzero847

Smash Rookie

well they even took spyro's name out of the sequel

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Gamescom news:

-4 characters shown: Spike, Ratchet & Clank, Sackboy,and Dante.

-when you buy the PS3 version with the cross program, YOU GET THE VITA VERSION FOR FREE. HOLY F***.

Top Bottom