• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I do. Yaz does. Travis does. Jared and Cameron do. There's plenty of people. A bunch of smashers are going to be rooming next semester too.

:phone:
Well I'm from Oregon and I just got back from my mission but I'd love to smash some time. I forgot my control at home but I have a beat-up control here from one of my roommates. Do you guys get together a certain day or just random? I wouldn't mind playing a couple games tonight, really.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
It's pretty random but it happens often enough. I'd be down to smash, but I'm in Wyoming for three weeks lol. Where'd you go on your mission?

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm from Oregon and I just got back from my mission but I'd love to smash some time. I forgot my control at home but I have a beat-up control here from one of my roommates. Do you guys get together a certain day or just random? I wouldn't mind playing a couple games tonight, really.
I actually was going to play with Devin a little later tonight but my roommate just stole the TV... : ( Anyway, I will let you know if we are ever playing Melee. I can give you my number if you want.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Yeah that'd be awesome. Just text me whenever you get together. I'm pretty dang busy though so I might not be able to go like most of the time -- I'm taking 8.5 credits, working and doing several extracurriculars soooo weekends are best for me.

I served in Wisconsin, Spanish speaking. I loved it.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
hey i left one of my link controllers either in rockmix's car or at the new kid josh's house
does anyone have it?

Rajam

Smash Champion
You guys should post your results in the Tournament Results section, and specify if they're either MK-Banned or MK-Legal. I'm working on a Ranking and I'd like to include UT Results, but it's a pain to search them in here lol

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Had Devon over to play Marvel. Final set count;

Marz: 34

Dscrub: 16

Man i'm a beast:D

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
So, yeah, I know that the Kafeneio is on the 25th, but this was already set (I've been busy, so haven't announced until now) before that. Sorry for the unfortunate timing in advance.

Sandy Nickelcade's End of Summer Lock-in is upon us! It was be the night of the 24th, going into the 25th (officially, 1 AM to 8 AM of Saturday the 25th). As a crash refresher course on these lock-ins...

*$10 entry fee, period. No penalties for paying five minutes before the event!
*Food and drinks will be provided (at least, until the food runs out, and your first fill of drinks, refills are extra)
*As usual, there's a DDR tournament going on
*I will be hosting a smash tournament... but not your average run! It'll be a "Deal With It" for fun tournament with different rules (though not completely out the windows such as "Metaknight vs Ganon... or maybe it will be? Hahahahahah!!! Details later)
*Tournaments are no entry fee (usually, could change depending on the TO, but the smash will for sure be no entry fee. Consequently, it'll also be no prizes, this is just an experiment to start off with)

Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/170041523120399/

Also, some legalities regarding age:

Persons 13-17 admitted only with parental consent form which can be found at the following link: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0KT5fttOGFlaDlueWJ1bmVMZFU, persons 12 and under admitted only when accompanied by a person 13-17 years of age (with additional parental consent) or a person 18 years of age or older acting as a "sponsor" in place of parent/guardian. Sponsor form can be found here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0KT5fttOGFlaGNhcVRVMUZCQkk. Special needs adults and children who require medical, behavioral or other supervision will not be admitted without a parent or guardian 18 years of age or older. Doors lock at close (1am), and nobody will be admitted back in to the lock-in following door lock unless special arrangements have been made. Doors re-open at 8am and we ask that all attendees secure rides that will pick them up no later than 8:30am.
Even if you can pass off as 18+, we still ask that you comply such rules that we have set there. Again, legality reasons.

Questions? Feel free to ask! Also, for those curious, there are a few people in the DDR scene that play MvC3 (not so sure about any other fighters).

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Ooooh a smash tourny with no prizes? This will not have 10 entrants:( I think i'll come though.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
It's experimental right now, but it's a tourney that you can just expect the standard rules to not be there :p

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Had Devon over to play Marvel. Final set count;

Marz: 34

Dscrub: 16

Man i'm a beast:D
shoutouts to
ihop
pheonix jones
mr Extreme
and Fapdu :) :D XD

He uses Dr. Doom.

And Devon uses ******y gay *** Morrigan.
its funny cause that whole statement is contradicting
unless you use it out of context
then you're just stupid

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Hey is anyone thinking about going to that 3 day reveLAtions tourney in LA on August 17-20? I thought I was going to have to work, but now it doesn't look like I do. That would be sweet to go to.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So a random Thursday night smashfest turned into a small tournament lol:

THE (un)PLANNED PARTY AT PRINCESS PEACH'S PALACE
Singles
[COLLAPSE=Bracket]
[/COLLAPSE]
1: Z'zgashi :bowser2: :yoshi2: $42
2: Cherry :peach: :zerosuitsamus: $21
3: RCows :pit: :pikachu2: $7
4: Bunny :kirby2: :lucas:
5: Faithful :zerosuitsamus:
5: Dobob :pikachu2: :lucas:
7: Zath :falco:
7: Choco :ike:
9: Asian :toonlink:
9: BAMF :kirby2:
9: iiii :fox:
9: Panda :pikachu2: :luigi2:
13: LUKE! :toonlink:
13: Big D :wolf:

Doubles
[COLLAPSE=Bracket]Didnt have time for Double Elimination so only did Single Elimination.

Also, I accidentally misnamed Team Johnny as Team Bob (Team Bob had to leave early and dropped out and I mixed up the two) and accidentally said Eat Randy! beat Team Johnny when they actually lost to them. Team Johnny also did lose to Team Awesome in the 3rd place match and took 4th.
[/COLLAPSE]
1: 20% Cooler (Z'zgashi + Panda) - :luigi2: + :luigi2:
2: Peach Pit (Cherry + RCows) - :peach: :zerosuitsamus: + :pit: :pikachu2:
3: Team Awesome (Bunny + Dobob) - :kirby2: + :pikachu2:
4: Team Johnny (Zath + LUKE!) - :falco: + :toonlink:
5: Asian Momos (BAMF + Asian) - :kirby2: + :toonlink:
5: Eat Randy! (Faith + iiii) - :zerosuitsamus: + :fox:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Actually i went WAY more Bowser than I did yoshi. Only used Yoshi 3 times the entire tournament. Used Bowser I think 11 times or something.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
No. And tell Kevin that the 2nd highest Ranked 5v5 team in LoL is named 'Kevin is a Noob'.

Also, this is the best thing ever: http://tinyurl.com/7vlqpuu

Just put in your address or some **** and it'll tell you where to go out to eat.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Now I don't know much about Brawl but I know I don't see one MK, Diddy, Olimar or Snake in that tournament. Was it lower tiers only or what?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Tell Charity to come to our monthlies.

Good stuff ZZ your like the best of the scrubs now.

wangston

Smash Lord
I'll be back in utah on the 25th. All you guys can sug my dig then. I went to one tourney since I've been home and played smash maybe 5 times. But I'm sure I can still beat everyone in the state.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'll be back in utah on the 25th. All you guys can sug my dig then. I went to one tourney since I've been home and played smash maybe 5 times. But I'm sure I can still beat everyone in the state.
Thats about how many times we all have played the game too lmao.

Top Bottom