• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official: SSBPD unsupported; source code released.

Tero.

Smash Champion
I hope everything will be working again soon.
Also if you need help with processing files (or like checking if there are person with different names) I'm here (especially for european tournaments/players)

yggorf

Smash Rookie
So if we can use this database as an indicator of someone skill level(Kels proves this). then what's the point of it?
sorry, I already know the answer, nvm, shouldn't have asked. I'm totally smart enough to argue against everything like a ******

oh wait

-froggy

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
It's still going insanely slow and I clicked on the "Tournaments" link about 10 minutes ago and it hasn't loaded. Maybe we can get a couple of other programmers to look at the code and see if there's anything we can do to speed it up? I know somebody that is really good, and gets paid to clean up code for different sites and make them run faster. He's a smash player.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Last I asked foxlisk about the speed issues in this thread, he said the queries weren't being optimized for whatever reason, so if nothing changed since then, it wouldn't be an impossibly hard fix. Unless the new host has something to do with the slow downs as well.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I have zenith and a bunch of other tournaments so we good. I'll put them up when I get home from work.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I have zenith and a bunch of other tournaments so we good. I'll put them up when I get home from work.
Good call.

Anybody have any info on IMPULSE, Weekend Warriors, or Rule 6? Those are some pretty big tournaments with a lot of players and some region mingling going on.

EDIT: PM'd the TO for IMPULSE, so hopefully we get that one. I got Boback to upload Rule 6, but I can't download any .tio files from the site to review them. I have had NO success at all reaching FoxLisk on AIM in forever either. How are you guys communitcating with him?

Weekend Warriors is actually Weekend Wars I think, and it was a UCSB tournament. I asked around to find out who the TO was, but no success. Likely either stabbed or joejoe know. I'll AIM them when they're online.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Nintendude said he had the tio file for Impulse last I heard.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
It's still going insanely slow and I clicked on the "Tournaments" link about 10 minutes ago and it hasn't loaded. Maybe we can get a couple of other programmers to look at the code and see if there's anything we can do to speed it up? I know somebody that is really good, and gets paid to clean up code for different sites and make them run faster. He's a smash player.
Sounds like we could use his Smash/Programming skills as a consultant.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm not sure that's the issue, because pre-crash SSBPD wasn't very slow compared to this one. I think it's the hosting's fault.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Lol I must have missed Nintendude saying he had IMPULSE. Ok so those big three are down. I still have a LOT of files I'll have to go through to see what is missing. I really need to talk to FoxLisk though.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, he's apparently too busy to read this thread these days. Skype chat is the best way to get him.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I'll have to try Skype then. I've tried him on AIM several times. Anyways, if somebody talks to him, try and see if he can fix our ability to download the .tip files.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Problem is fixed, I've started re-uploading all the tourneys that I put up before. Everyone go crazy?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
IMPULSE is an empty tourney with 0 entrants. You might have to re-upload, nintendude.
I'll try and resolve that tonight.

If you guys can, try and spread the word around that this is finally back up and running. We lost a lot of momentum in community support over the past few months.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Looks like there is a problem with the over time chart. It's got dated far into the future, (2013-2017) rather than the actual time it should have been.

And..... how'd my ranking go down after Zenith?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Looks like there is a problem with the over time chart. It's got dated far into the future, (2013-2017) rather than the actual time it should have been.

And..... how'd my ranking go down after Zenith?
We've made the programmer aware of that, but appreciate the notice.

Also, the ratings right now are inaccurate and don't look to be reflecting the most recent Elo. Looking at your graph, I'd say you're probably 1378 right now, rather than 1271.

Until further notice I will advise to not use the DB for Elo purposes especially with regards to seeding. There are some things that need to be fixed first. As far as a historical database goes, it's still useable for anything other than the dates shown on the graphs being off.

Bones0

Smash Legend
It needs more data. How long that takes depends on the people running tournaments. Pester your TOs until they agree to take 5 mins out of their day to upload TIO files to the site.

Top Bottom