• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup 13 : FOXES...ASSEMBLE!

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Videos will be uploaded to: https://www.youtube.com/JethrotexMeleeFun
Video thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14805223#post14805223

Apologies for the stream, the internet went out at the venue and as such, the stream could not go on. :(

Pools (32 entrants):

Pool images:

Pool 1

Pool 2

Pool 3

Pool 4

1. Europhoria :marthmelee:
1. KirbyKaze :sheikmelee: :foxmelee:
1. Weon-X :foxmelee:
1. Unknown522 :mariomelee:
5. Riddlebox :peachmelee:
5. Reis :marthmelee:
5. Izek :falcomelee:
5. Idea :falcomelee:
9. Hammertime :icsmelee: :sheikmelee:
9. Sauc3 :foxmelee:
9. Windrose.ca :falconmelee:
9. Guru :sheikmelee:
13. Zen :sheikmelee:? :foxmelee:?
13. Eternal :marthmelee:
13. EWC :foxmelee:
13. Jethrotex :peachmelee:
17. Falcowned :falcomelee:? :sheikmelee:?
17. Bernal :foxmelee:
17. YOLO Swag :foxmelee:?
17. Bhav :marthmelee:
21. HatCrab :sheikmelee:
21. SQuark :falcomelee:
21. Meekspeedy :jigglypuffmelee:
21. Navatar :marthmelee:
25. Bebble
25. Toks :foxmelee:
25. Piff :foxmelee:
25. Bing :foxmelee:
29. XJ
29. Mania :marthmelee:
29. DRL :linkmelee: :marthmelee:
29. BlackGold :ganonmelee: :mewtwomelee:

Singles (24 man bracket):

Bracket Image

1. KirbyKaze :sheikmelee: :foxmelee: ($176.00)
2. Unknown522 :foxmelee: :pichumelee: :sheikmelee: ($80.00)
3. Weon-X :foxmelee: ($32.00)
4. Europhoria :marthmelee: ($16.00)
5. Idea :falcomelee: ($8.00)
5. Reis :marthmelee: ($8.00)
7. Sauc3 :foxmelee:
7. Guru :sheikmelee:
9. Izek :falcomelee:
9. HammerTime :icsmelee:
9. Eternal :marthmelee:
9. Riddlebox :peachmelee:
13. Falcowned :falcomelee:? :sheikmelee:?
13. Windrose :falconmelee:
13. SQuark :falcomelee:
13. Zen :sheikmelee:?
17. HatCrab :sheikmelee:
17. Meekspeedy :jigglypuffmelee:
17. EWC :foxmelee:
17. Bhav :marthmelee:
17. Jethrotex :peachmelee:
17. YOLO Swag :foxmelee:?
17. Bernal :foxmelee:
17. Navatar :marthmelee:

Amateur Bracket (6 Entrants):

(People eligible for the amateur bracket were those who were eliminated from pools, came last in the bracket, or The Pizz)

Bracket Image

1. The Pizz :falcomelee: ($7.20)
2. Jethrotex :peachmelee: ($3.60) [Won set 1 in GFs]
3. WorldJem7 :marthmelee: :sheikmelee: ($1.20)
4. Bernal :foxmelee:
5. Meekspeedy :jigglypuffmelee:
5. HatCrab :sheikmelee:

Doubles (Round Robin) [16 entrants]:

Round Robin Image

1. Gay Spacies [KirbyKaze :foxmelee: & Unknown522 :foxmelee:] ($108.00)
2. Team No I.B. (Sauga Rep) [Reis :foxmelee: :marthmelee: & Izek :peachmelee: :falcomelee:] ($54.00)
3. Gay Floaties [Riddlebox :peachmelee: & Idea :jigglypuffmelee: :falcomelee:] ($18.00)
4. WindSauc3 (Windrose.ca) [Windrose :falconmelee: & Sauc3 :foxmelee: :sheikmelee:]
5. FalcOLO [Falcowned :sheikmelee: & YOLO Swag :foxmelee:]
8. Please Deliver to Grandma [Jethrotex :peachmelee: & Bernal :foxmelee:]
8. Good Question [Eternal :marthmelee: & HammerTime :icsmelee: :sheikmelee:]
8. Zen Should Main Fox Dammit [Zen :foxmelee: :sheikmelee: & EWC :foxmelee:]
9. Bits n Bites [HatCrab :sheikmelee: & Lvl 9 Ganon/Luigi (this is not a person, these are the actual characters, okay? Okay.)]

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
9. Hammertime :icsmelee:

Got tired on the bus; decided to go home and relax since it cuts down travel time. Was great seeing sauc3, Riddlebox, Zen, GURU, EWC, and other familiar faces from across the way. Hope I can chill with you guys again soon. Working Sunday is really gay. It was also really nice to really meet new people like Meekspeedy. Hope you continue to come out to these. Melee can be really fun and it sounds like you're forming a solid understanding of it so far. Keep it up :)

I really enjoyed seeing the locals. Hope I can continue to train with you guys so the region can improve as a whole. The community spirit is really warm around here and I'm always really happy when Kyle says he's hosting.

Congrats to the finalists of the Amateur bracket. Sounds like you guys had some good sets.

Apologies to Camilo for some crappy sets. I really like playing you. I just... bleh. Low morale for me today.

Ryan - I think one of the big mistakes of the tournament was to have top 6 advance. Especially if you're just going to take the bottom 8 people from the bracket and import them to the amateur bracket as the 1st and 2nd seeds. This, I feel, cut into our time a lot because in addition to having teams going on (and thus limiting how many singles matches can be completed at once) you also delay the formation of the amateur bracket (because you can't make a bracket without knowing who the 1 & 2 seeds are).

I think amateur bracket can be run at the same time as single bracket once teams is completed and they can be rifled through fairly quickly this way. This is because nobody in the amateur bracket can be competing in the single bracket so, assuming there are enough setups, there are no conflicts (which is what happened with teams).

I don't think teams round robin was a terrible idea. It's hard with an awkward number like 9. I think we may want to revisit the idea of teams pools or something. I think a compromise that works (one that encourages people to enter teams but still finishes in a timely manner) can be reached.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I'm really glad YOLO Swag got last place like a *****. That is all. ^_^

Edit: Actually, that's not all, <3 EC Canada Melee. Ok now I'm done.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm done, if there's anything I forgot please tell me. :D

Also, I'll get working on those videos asap, need to relax a bit :p

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Fun tournament, even though I played like **** (well, worse than my normal ****).

Then my controller broke.

And Mewtwo should be ahead of Ganon on my name there, as I used both equally and Mewtwo is my Main.

and Bing also used Falco

Engo

Smash Ace
Funish tourney thanks for hosting ryan,david for tips, dylan for streaming/recording,kyle for hosting the night before.

I wish all our tournies had this turnout.

Edit: Me vs eternal is in twitch tv. Cool : ) Thanks a lot for taking the time to commentate on my match camilo. I really appreciate it.

:phone:

idea

Smash Master
I really enjoyed seeing the locals. Hope I can continue to train with you guys so the region can improve as a whole. The community spirit is really warm around here and I'm always really happy when Kyle says he's hosting.
^_^ maybe next week sometime...we'll see

I'm really glad YOLO Swag got last place like a *****. That is all. ^_^

Edit: Actually, that's not all, <3 EC Canada Melee. Ok now I'm done.
LOL i was laughing at that name the whole time, i'm still not sure who it was.

at one point i thought yolo and swag were different people, so it sounded like they were teaming...

Fun tournament, even though I played like **** (well, worse than my normal ****).

Then my controller broke.

And Mewtwo should be ahead of Ganon on my name there, as I used both equally and Mewtwo is my Main.

and Bing also used Falco
you're kind of quiet in person for how much you talk on the boards :p

Hatcrab Zombie

Smash Cadet
Oh CPU Luigi </3
You're the jankiest partner I've ever had

LATEX AND STEEL, ZEROES AND ONES MAKE UP MY SON
THIS WORLD GAVE ME NO CHILD PARTNER SO I MADE ONE

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Fun tourney as always. I'm looking forward to asking the Marth boards about me vs Bernal and vs Sauc3 (although I reeeeally don't want to rewatch the latter lol). Doubles round robin went well but I'll take a break from teams until I get better with Jiggs.

Also, Jethrotex, I think you uploaded a smaller resolution for the bracket image? Normally they're a lot bigger but it's still readable.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Lol Kirbykaze why is my name in your first post for no apparent reason
I accidentally put :iceclimbersmelee: instead of the right code of the little emoticon so he was showing me that :p

Also, Jethrotex, I think you uploaded a smaller resolution for the bracket image? Normally they're a lot bigger but it's still readable.
Yeah, I printscreened everything aside from that because it was too big to fit on my screen, I'll fix that in a second.

Fixed

Sanu

Smash Champion
Was really nice seeing people. Will definitely make it to the next one for the full day.

Gotta buy a new controller :o

:phone:

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
Overall I really enjoyed myself and did everything I wanted to do and more (Make it out of pools, have as much fun as possible, play Melee players in Brawl).

Special shoutouts to my dad being a ***** who owes some woman money.

Thank you Kyle for housing me, I appreciate it a lot. :D

Thanks to James for being :yeahboi:

and driving Kurtis and I. Thank you to all the Melee players who I got to play friendlies/tourney sets with, and gave me advice and tips on what to work on. It actually means lots more than you'd think to me, it gives me a general idea as to what to what direction to look towards, and just further proves how friendly and wonderful the smash scene really can be.

I really enjoyed meeting so many new people, I think I'll try to be coming regularly for both trying to improve in Melee, and (more of this) seeing all the Melee people who I love so much<3

idea

Smash Master
Overall I really enjoyed myself and did everything I wanted to do and more (Make it out of pools, have as much fun as possible, play Melee players in Brawl).

Special shoutouts to my dad being a ***** who owes some woman money.

Thank you Kyle for housing me, I appreciate it a lot. :D

Thanks to James for being :yeahboi:

and driving Kurtis and I. Thank you to all the Melee players who I got to play friendlies/tourney sets with, and gave me advice and tips on what to work on. It actually means lots more than you'd think to me, it gives me a general idea as to what to what direction to look towards, and just further proves how friendly and wonderful the smash scene really can be.

I really enjoyed meeting so many new people, I think I'll try to be coming regularly for both trying to improve in Melee, and (more of this) seeing all the Melee people who I love so much<3
no problem :)

lol you probably should have asked me for tips though, i'm the only jigglypuff main around here. (falco's my alternate)

G U R U

Smash Lord
wow james kurtis je tes disappointé </3

how often did zen use the "i only play once a year" john? :awesome: or did he forfeit to guru?

oh wow EWC showed up eh
I managed to beat his fox, but I'm very sure I would have lost if he went Falco. Falco is the bane of my existence. Art's trying to pick a main and stick with it instead of jumping all over the place between characters and he says he wants to drop Falco and focus on either Fox or Shiek so he just played them all tourney.

Top Bottom