• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 23 // MGS3 Villains Mafia - Game Over

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Ttar said:
'Sup with that?
Could you be more elaborate on your concerns with BSP's vote on you? Tell me your read on BSP thus far.

#HBC | ѕoup

Ranmaru, tell me your reads on Tyranitarphantom and Monstmrna.

BSP

Smash Legend
What is your purpose of acting such a direct question when the answer you get will be completely useless? A scum will not tell you he is scum. Unless you're looking for some sort of reaction behind this I see no reason for it.
Reaction.

Again, Badwolf, are you scum?

Soup, what do you think of my play so far?

:phone:

#HBC | ѕoup

I figured as much, but why are you asking it again now that you've revealed that you were just looking for a reaction?

Withheld until further notice, tell me why you care so much?

BSP

Smash Legend
Were? I still want him to answer.

I will tell you as soon as he responds.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
That question is stupid. I agree with Soup. No matter what I am I'm always going to say no. So, no I'm not. Why are you asking such a WIFOM question?

STEM

Smash Cadet
Personally I think that question isn't that bad. Sometimes people answer with "yes, lololol jk".
I've seen mafia do this before to look town (they think "what mafia would ever admit to being mafia?")
Basically, if you ask that question and someone jokingly answers "yes", I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that they're mafia, but I would definitely fos them

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Personally I think that question isn't that bad. Sometimes people answer with "yes, lololol jk".
I've seen mafia do this before to look town (they think "what mafia would ever admit to being mafia?")
Basically, if you ask that question and someone jokingly answers "yes", I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that they're mafia, but I would definitely fos them
There are 3 answers for this:

Town: "Yeah, I'm town" looks weird.

Jokingly Scum: "lol, yes of course" (Etc.) you get FOS'd.

Not answering: Either scum or PR.

This question is so full of WIFOM it should be overflowing.

BSP

Smash Legend
You could have just said "yes" if you're town

I think you're delving into this a bit hard.

Consider yourself FoS'd

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
-What time zone are you in?

New York Time.

-How much mafia experience do you have, here or elsewhere?

I would say a good amount of experience.

-Why are you playing in this game?

To have have fun, gain experience, and get gold dice.

-Say something no one knows about you!

I love hugs.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Wow, this game is going pretty good about now, yet I would've expected more pages rather than a few during the time I was afk.

Vinyl, there was a whole minute between your L-1 post and your unvote post. There is no pro town reason to put anyone at L-1 that quickly.
Of course there isn't, lol. And responded takes a minute or more for me when quoting/multi-quoting.

This is no time to joke around. Are you going to joke in scum hunting too?
It would depend, really.

Explain your mannerisms or get personally tunneled by me into the ground.
Well, since D1 RVS, I took the time to start doing a rather different way and flat out vote from one to another. You can see by the look of my response to Ran that I'll get my acts straight later.

X1-12

Smash Champion
/ VOTECOUNT 1-2

LoliLovesRain (0);
TyranitarPhantom (1); STEM,
BadWolf28738 (1); LoliLovesRain
Monstmrna (1); TyranitarPhantom
STEM (0);
Vinyl. (3); Ragnarock, Monstmrna, BSP
BSP (0);
Ranmaru (0);
Ragnarock (0);

Not Voting (3); Badwolf28738, Ranmaru, Vinyl.

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!
Deadline is Monday, September 10th, at 7PM EST.

BSP

Smash Legend
Of course there isn't, lol. And responded takes a minute or more for me when quoting/multi-quoting.
So why'd you put him at L-1?

It would depend, really.
What's this supposed to mean? Finding scum isn't important for you? Also,

Badwolf, what do you think of people's play so far? Anyone sticking out or anything?

BSP

Smash Legend
^

Ok, but when you get a chance, tell me about what you think so far.

Ttar- Answer Soup's question about me, and are you suspicious about anyone else?

Don't be a stranger Ran.

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
I could take what BSP was doing earlier as just pressuring for reaction.

What I didn't like was Vinyl's joke of putting me at L-1. In the moments before he unvoted, anyone could've swooped in and hammered me. That would not be good for the Villains (town). Very, very questionable play. I'm not a fan of his overall joking attitude, but that's not really a scum-tell.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
So why'd you put him at L-1
No particular reason other than messing around.

What's this supposed to mean? Finding scum isn't important for you?
It is. Nontheless, jokes can me made around the time too.

What I didn't like was Vinyl's joke of putting me at L-1. In the moments before he unvoted, anyone could've swooped in and hammered me. That would not be good for the Villains (town). Very, very questionable play. I'm not a fan of his overall joking attitude, but that's not really a scum-tell.
Sorry for that then, lol. Though, someone just taking the hammer like that is really dumb, IMO.

#HBC | ѕoup

Vinyl. said:
Well, since D1 RVS, I took the time to start doing a rather different way and flat out vote from one to another. You can see by the look of my response to Ran that I'll get my acts straight later.
What you did earlier on was just really pointless, I don't understand why you did it and if you had a reason tell me what you got out of it.

STEM said:
I wouldn't worry about it that much, and jumping to the conclusion of them being mafia for a sarcastic manner doesn't have a means unless there is something to support it. I would look at the reaction itself rather than the content, mostly because it's such a loaded question that you can't possibly get anything out of it besides a reaction. Tell me how you're reading Badwolf.

Ttar said:
I could take what BSP was doing earlier as just pressuring for reaction.
That's fine, but I don't recall you telling me your read on BSP, instead you talked about vinyl. here.

I don't think any mafia, noob or experienced, would take that risk, especially in RVS. Hammering you then would be a death wish simply because there was no reason for you to get hammered, your wagon was completely random. You sound wary of Vinyl., is there anything else that bothers you besides his joking attitude?

So, does anyone have any scum reads on anyone yet?
I must be inclined to ask you the same question back.

#HBC | ѕoup

[collapse="Personal cheat sheet"]
Badwolf town
BSP town
Vinyl. lean town[/collapse]

unvote

#HBC | ѕoup

If you're wondering the point of that - there was no point. It's just for my own reference, I have other reads but I would prefer to keep them disclosed for the moment being. Like I said, I will not play this game for you.

STEM

Smash Cadet
Tell me how you're reading Badwolf.
At this time it's hard for me to get reads anyone. I'm not used to this style (Tell me what you think about him, accusing and stuff) so I wait for more posts before I get a real opinion on anyone. Plus, badwolf barely even did anything. He voted for me, which from what I can tell isn't a big deal in RVS, and someone voted for him saying "it was only fitting". That's the only thing I'm confused about.

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
I must be inclined to ask you the same question back.
All I can really say is that I get a town feel from BSP. I can't say much on anyone else. I'd be glad to see an end to joking around, though. Mafia is not the place for that.

Anyways, since we seem to be getting out of RVS, I may as well Unvote for now.

I'd like to see Lolilovesrain and ranmaru post more.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
/ VOTECOUNT 1-3

LoliLovesRain (0);
TyranitarPhantom (1); STEM,
BadWolf28738 (2); LoliLovesRain, Ranmaru
Monstmrna (0);
STEM (1); Badwolf28738
Vinyl. (2); Monstmrna, BSP
BSP (0);
Ranmaru (0);
Ragnarock (0);

Not Voting (3); Vinyl., Ragnarock, TyranitarPhantom

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!
Deadline is Monday, September 10th, at 7PM EST.

BadWolf28738 is V/LA until Monday!

Please keep votes and unvotes as their own paragraphs! For example,

Vote: PlayerX

Thank you! :)

!

EDIT: corrected myself and have updated this post to show Ranmaru's vote, w.r.t post #116 & post #51 Thank you Ran :)

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
What you did earlier on was just really pointless, I don't understand why you did it and if you had a reason tell me what you got out of it.
That's the thing; It was pointless.

Anything else is that monstrama voted me for a joke post after he explained that what he did was a joke. That was pretty much it.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
At this time it's hard for me to get reads anyone. I'm not used to this style (Tell me what you think about him, accusing and stuff) so I wait for more posts before I get a real opinion on anyone. Plus, badwolf barely even did anything. He voted for me, which from what I can tell isn't a big deal in RVS, and someone voted for him saying "it was only fitting". That's the only thing I'm confused about.
I was the one who said "it was only fitting" when I voted for BadWolf xD I like to joke around with him

Unvote

Also, I don't have many reads as of yet and will be V/LA until after labor day. Hopefully I can dish things out by then but until then I must bid you all farewell for now. I SHALL BE BACK!!!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I felt like voting you Ttar. You nervous?

How are you reading Ttar now that the wagon is done and over with? (Since you are now voting Vinyl)

The point of the post was pretty much just a joke. I generally start most (if not all) games OMGUSing people that vote me in RVS.
Ok then. The reason I asked was it felt a bit, over the top for a joke. Has your previous opening 'omgus' posts been as over the top as this one?

Did you completely skip the part where Badwolf explained his actions? This vote seems off, and I know you're not one to miss attention to detail.
No, I didn't miss anything, actually. I'll fill you in. See, you said you didn't want to push it because you were expecting Badwolf to not give a good answer regardless of alignment, yet I think that was closer to him trying to paint you as scum, and I want him to clarify how he got you confused. I feel as though you are just letting Bad go because you don't want to deal with the 'process' of doing so, and I feel you should have kept pushing.

Now tell me how you think my vote is off?

You asked me for my reads on Ttar and Stem? I have no solid reads on them. They haven't done enough to give me a read. Yet, they aren't on my radar since they haven't done anything I'm suspicious of.

I am also suspicious of Vinyl, slightly. Why? Because he isn't doing anything, and I'd expect him to do more. He's being a bit trolly and I don't like it.

Sorry... I've always just bolded the Vote command.

Vote: STEM
Hey, Badwolf, can you actually answer my questions? I'll quote them for you in the next post.

^

Ok, but when you get a chance, tell me about what you think so far.

Ttar- Answer Soup's question about me, and are you suspicious about anyone else?

Don't be a stranger Ran.
Of course not. What is your opinion on Monstrmna?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Stem, have any scum suspects yet? Any opinions on Badwolf and Vinyl?
Ttar, same question to you.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Btw, what soup said was good. He's right that in some instances lying can help garner info. Yet, you have to know the risk level and reward level of the lie. I really want you guys to understand the results of lies. I'm sure our examples show different results, and I hope you can distinguish them. I also believe one should take on some experience in getting to know the basics before implementing 'lying'. Anyways, as long as you understand lying isn't some gimmic you should rely on, and is something that can result in chaos and disaster if you don't know what you are doing, then you are good.

I also really like Soup's post about just getting in and learning via experience. You can always absorb text book knowledge but you'll also be better off learning how to apply it, and when you should apply it or not.

Also, if you guys have any questions, feel free to ask. : D

STEM

Smash Cadet
Stem, have any scum suspects yet? Any opinions on Badwolf and Vinyl?
Ttar, same question to you.
At this time it's hard for me to get reads anyone. I'm not used to this style (Tell me what you think about him, accusing and stuff) so I wait for more posts before I get a real opinion on anyone. Plus, badwolf barely even did anything. He voted for me, which from what I can tell isn't a big deal in RVS...
No scum suspicions yet.

Top Bottom