• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Brawl Presents: Get HYPE! II (ft. Kansas Melee / Project M)

_Kain_

Smash Champion
All set for this.

Looking forward to beasting dubs with Reflex

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sethlon you going to this?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I'm sure everyone was dying to know this, but the final stage striking order for game 1 is:

2-2-1-2-1

DeLux

My last tournament as a test run, we had a Yoshi vs. ZSS set strike to RC game 1 and it was glorious :)
for me

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
So my father thinks I'm crazy for even bringing up going to tournaments during my Senior year.

I haven't played in a real tournament for well over half a year or more...

-_____________________________________________-

(it's basically because it's so far away, Kansas... I've never been in any of the states beyond Iowa except for Texas and California and those were different lol)

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
I feel like there's an astounding lack of hype and salt in this thread,

I'm going to MM a bunch of people at this and end up richer than I was before I left.

That is, of course, if I win my first MM. I have about 5 dollars. :)

DeLux

Nah Saint is in.
Still looking for people to reserve a couple more Wii slots
Still looking for some Project M wiis and Melee Wii/cubes
Still looking for some Project M / Melee Tvs

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Project M Ruleset

* 4 stock, 8 minute timer.
* Items OFF and set to NONE
* Buffer OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* If the match goes to Sudden Death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.
* Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Dave's Modified Rule: You cannot counterpick the stage you last won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.

Stagelist

Strike from Starters for game 1 (P1-P2-P2-P1-P1-P2). Standard set procedure, advanced slob picks, etc. Players get 3 bans each, to be announced upon winning a game.

STARTERS:

Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story

COUNTERPICKS:

Dracula's Castle
Green Hill Zone
Metal Cavern
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rumble Falls
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
Project M Ruleset

* If the match goes to Sudden Death due to a suicide move...the one who
initiated the move wins.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
1: Finally some clarity for that. I've always thought suicide moves were never worth it But I guess there's hope now :smirk:

2: I've been Playing Melee since 04, and I just found out Fox can fall through the middle of PS earlier this year. Project M
which just became more playable this year on the other hand...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Are you going DSF? o.O

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I haven't seen you in forever haha I didn't even know you still played or were in the MW. And yeah, I wasn't going to go to this tournament because MK is banned either, but then they added Project:M so I'm just going to enter that heh.

DeLux

Hylian, exactly how many is MO bringing?
The housing that I arranged can only hold 8, and Dallas is bringing 4 or 5 last time I checked

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
Hylian, exactly how many is MO bringing?
The housing that I arranged can only hold 8, and Dallas is bringing 4 or 5 last time I checked
Missouri's bringing a little more than 10 people I believe (Me, 4 or 5 people with Hylian, and a few Rolla MO, Columbia MO people). I can't speak for Hylian's group, but Rolla, CoMO, and myself don't need housing. We're arriving and leaving the same night.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Missouri's bringing a little more than 10 people I believe (Me, 4 or 5 people with Hylian, and a few Rolla MO, Columbia MO people). I can't speak for Hylian's group, but Rolla, CoMO, and myself don't need housing. We're arriving and leaving the same night.
Yeah he was asking for housing purposes, already talked to him on fb about it.

DeLux

Jordan, message me on FB when you get a chance

I added Mr. Doom to the Staff for the event

Staff being:
Head TO - DeLux
Project M / Melee TO - Strong Bad
Assistant TO Brawl - Bonds
Assistant TO Brawl- Mr. Doom
Streaming - Cloudchaser twitch.tv/cosmash

DeLux

You haven't told me you're going.

Are you going?

DeLux

I'm looking for a few more Wiis that are Project M compatible (If you're Wii has an asterisk for Brawl, I have acknowledged it's Project M compatible) and for brawl in general.

Also still looking for a few more melee TVs and cubes

Top Bottom