• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup: Torneo de la Muerte

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Videos will be uploaded to: https://www.youtube.com/JethrotexMeleeFun
Video Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14993533

Pools:

Pool 1:

Pool 2:

Pool 3:

Pool 4:

1: Kirbykaze
1: Captain Buttcrunch
1: Unknown522
1: Europhoria
5: Reis
5: Idea
5: Sanuzi
5: Izek
9: CoffeeBlack
9: Jethrotex
9: Cyan
9: Hammertime
13: Navatar
13: RoidRage
13: Bernal
13: Kason Birdman
17: Bing
17: MPrime
17: Saux
17: WumpaWolfy
21: BlackGold
21: Bhav
21: DVK
21: Zero
25: Mr.Hitchslap
25: Gonorrhea
25: Hikari

Bracket:

(3-way split for 1st)

1: Unknown522
1: Kirbykaze
1: Captain Buttcrunch
4: Europhoria
5: Hammertime
5: Reis
7: Izek
7: Sanuzi
9: Kason Birdman
9: CoffeeBlack
9: Cyan
9: Idea
13: Jethrotex
13: Bernal
13: Navatar
13: RoidRage

Amateur Bracket:

1: WumpaWolfy
2: Bhav
3: Saux
4: BlackGold
5: MPrime
5: Bing
7: Hikari
7: Mr.Hitchslap
9: Zero
9: Ryu
9: DVK

Doubles:

1: Unknown Minority Report (Unknown522 + Weon-x)
2: Idea+Sauc3 (Idea + Sauc3)
3: Sauga Rep (I.B. Comes to sauga when we leave sauga) (Izek + Reis)
4: Blue Scar (CoffeeBlack + Cyan)
5: Slap Chop (Jethrotex + KK)

WumpaWolfy

Smash Cadet
Looking forward to being able to analyze recordings of myself playing for the first time, even though I'm not particularly proud of them lol.

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
Nice job taking first in amateurs wumpawolfy, take it as an incentive to continue improving.

As for me, I need to continue working on the Marth matchup :/

WumpaWolfy

Smash Cadet
Nice job taking first in amateurs wumpawolfy, take it as an incentive to continue improving.

As for me, I need to continue working on the Marth matchup :/
Thanks hammertime, I will for sure. Was a great learning experience and its got me pumped for the next monthly in November. Aiming to make it out of pools next time. Oh and kudos for making it so far in the singles bracket, you play a mean IC's.

Coffeeblack

Smash Journeyman
Bernal youre doing alot better man. Play like you did during the camilo challenge and you got this **** on lock

Hammertime is the business

Kason Birdman is the homie. Youre too funny man

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
Have you come out to any of the previous tournies? You were surprisingly good for someone I've never seen at these monthlies before
was the first TO tourney I've been to in 2 years, so that's why you've never seen me lol, but I've been playing for some time now.

Bernal youre doing alot better man.
yeah bernals a beast yo

Ministry

Smash Ace
jethrotex is getting too close to taking over my always 7th spot and sometimes 5th.

i will have to come back and stop him

weon - X

Smash Ace
you guys are ok vs falcon.

need some work vs marth tho.

good stuff to everybody and i hope all of you get over your mental blocks. I've torn some down myself and its all about keeping focus.

Ministry

Smash Ace
you guys are ok vs falcon.

Need some work vs marth tho.

Good stuff to everybody and i hope all of you get over your mental blocks. I've torn some down myself and its all about keeping focus.
so when i play camilo IS LIKE VOLDERMORT then when i leave hes like martha stewart

mypethuman

Smash Rookie
Sounds like a fun tournament, sad that I couldn't make it. Congratulations to Unknown and WumpaWolfy for their respective victories over bracket and amateur bracket. Totally stoked for the next one, got it booked off and ready to go.

Bing

Smash Master
I just wanted to thank everyone for this past tournament. Outside of my controller being super gay and randomly dying on me 3 times(Including my Losers semi final set vs BG) I actually had a good time. Normally I dont, but Im not upset about losing. So thanks everyone, see you in November. <3

Now, Shoutouts!

1: Kirbykaze: David, Thank you so much for sitting down with me and doing some friendlies, I'd been struggling with Sheik's dash dance for awhile now, so I'm really glad that you sat down and showed me that. I also really enjoyed our pools matches, I felt that in game two I was starting to really figure things out and get into a rythmn, I dont know, maybe Im just really naive.
1: Captain Buttcrunch: Sup Buttcrunch? I enjoyed teaming with you in friendlies, those were some really enjoyable matches.
1: Unknown522: Ryan, great talking to you as always. Go to a barber asap.
1: Europhoria: I enjoyed our conversation at Pizza Pizza about sports and stuff, I dont generally get to have conversations about sports with my friends considering that none of them really pay any attention to sports anymore.
5: Reis: Good games in Pools, I feel I should go sheik more often vs Marth now, so thanks :D
5: Idea: Kyle, I sucked in our friendlies, Im sorry, I wasnt warmed up at all, and I just couldnt pick it up :(
5: Sanuzi: Kurtis! Nice seeing you, though I dont think we really spoke at all
5: Izek: I really nice get to play you, lets do some friendlies next time :p
9: CoffeeBlack: Austin: Good pools matches, and friendlies. Always a pleasure to play against you, you've improved a lot since we last played.
9: Jethrotex: Good **** Dylan! You're climbing up the ladder really quickly, keep it up.
9: Cyan: Good job, you seemed like a pretty solid player.
9: Hammertime: ******* :(. Need more ICs dittos. Isnt my Peach garbage? LMFAO
13: Navatar: Good games in pools, I still cant believe I lost that set.
13: RoidRage: Needs more Falcon
13: Bernal: Good games Juan, I cant believe some of the chain grabs you got on me with your ics.
13: Kason Birdman: Dudeee, I loved out friendlies, good games for sure.
17: Bing: Stop being garbage.
17: MPrime: Didnt really get to play, but the half game we did play we alright, I was ****, but you're improving pretty quickly.
17: Saux: same as Kason, Loved our friendlies, Cant believe I killed your puff off the top of FD with a Sheik Dair.
17: WumpaWolfy: Good set in Amateurs, I really under estimated you. Stupid Doc. :)
21: BlackGold: Dont switch to Marth, Honestly speaking. I think we play each other in tournament too often, congratz on finally beating me, I wont John. Also, that **** on Battlefield, My Falco vs your mewtwo. I cant believe you pulled me through the stage with that Mewtwo Jank and then I recovered right back through the stage. Ridiculous. Your Mewtwo has improved a lot, keep it up.
21: Bhav: Good job.
21: DVK: Good job.
21: Zero: I really want to have Roy dittos against you...
25: Mr.Hitchslap: Good games, remember, stop illusioning into the middle of the stage, made punishing your recovery too easy.
25: Gonorrhea: I still feel bad about the 64 thing :(
25: Hikari: Good games, remember what I told you, and I it was great talking Vanguard with you, looking forward to seeing you in the future, bring your deck next time :p

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
21: BlackGold: Dont switch to Marth, Honestly speaking. I think we play each other in tournament too often, congratz on finally beating me, I wont John. Also, that **** on Battlefield, My Falco vs your mewtwo. I cant believe you pulled me through the stage with that Mewtwo Jank and then I recovered right back through the stage. Ridiculous. Your Mewtwo has improved a lot, keep it up.
I did the same thing to Mprime in Game 1 of our Amateur Bracket set on last stock, only he didn't recover.

And I'm not switching to Marth, I'm adding him to my repertoire of characters. I'm curious as to why you say I shouldn't use him though.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
few shoutouts
hammer: ggs in pools great ics, i shall perfect my gay fox camping for next time haha
izek: man you ***** me both times lol, what do you think I kept up better with, fox or falco?
wumpa & zero: great playin you guys, mad chill dudes
bing/camilo/coffeeblack: awesome games in doubles friendlies, those were mad fun. shout outs to shine bair edgeguard i got on bing
bernal: I agree with what you said, those friendlies helped me cool off a bit and regain some techskill, pretty beast fox man. also, shoutouts to the several shine bair edgeguards I got haha SO ****
ryan: thanks man, sorry we had to split early, I had a great time though and I'll try to make it to the next one also

Bing

Smash Master
I did the same thing to Mprime in Game 1 of our Amateur Bracket set on last stock, only he didn't recover.

And I'm not switching to Marth, I'm adding him to my repertoire of characters. I'm curious as to why you say I shouldn't use him though.

Sorry, I shouldnt say don't use him, however I will say change your style with him. You were just wave-dashing back and forward smashing or Shielding into forward smash. I was an idiot and just dash attacked your shield and then I'd eat said forward smash.
bing/camilo/coffeeblack: awesome games in doubles friendlies, those were mad fun. shout outs to shine bair edgeguard i got on bing
LOL That was dirt! Atleast you guys now know not to **** with my Samus!

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Sorry, I shouldnt say don't use him, however I will say change your style with him. You were just wave-dashing back and forward smashing or Shielding into forward smash. I was an idiot and just dash attacked your shield and then I'd eat said forward smash.
Yes, that's something I will be working on.

Sanu

Smash Champion
I did even better than I remembered. Or what I thought was physically possible.

Not bad :falco:

:phone:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
1: Kirbykaze: David, Thank you so much for sitting down with me and doing some friendlies, I'd been struggling with Sheik's dash dance for awhile now, so I'm really glad that you sat down and showed me that. I also really enjoyed our pools matches, I felt that in game two I was starting to really figure things out and get into a rythmn, I dont know, maybe Im just really naive.
You were probably figuring it out but I wasn't really trying either.

Top Bottom