• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup 17: C.R.E.A.M.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
I'll make sure to add the brackets later on.

Pools (31 Entrants)

Pool 1

Pool 2

Pool 3

Pool 4

1: Weon-x
1: I.B.
1: KirbyKaze
1: Unknown522
5: Izek
5: Europhoria
5: Sanuzi
5: Idea
9: Eternal
9: Sauc3
9: BreadX
9: Riddlebox
13: Phiddlesticks
13: Bernal
13: CC
13: CoffeeBlack
17: DivineKnight
17: Windrose
17: Meekspeedy
17: Jethrotex
21: Kiwi
21: BigCock
21: Krisp
21: LAZR
25: DoubleCheezBurger
25: Iliad
25: MoshJarcus
25: D
29: NightWing
29: Connor

Singles:

(Grand Finals could not be played due to time constraints)

1: KirbyKaze ($165.00)
1: Unknown522 ($75.00)
3: I.B. ($45.00)
4: Weon-x ($15.00)
5: Europhoria
5: Sauc3
7: Riddlebox
7: Idea
9: Sanuzi
9: Eternal
9: Izek
9: BreadX
13: Phiddlesticks
13: CoffeeBlack
13: CC
13: Bernal

Doubles (9 Teams):

1: Unknown+KK (Unknown522 + KirbyKaze) ($112.00)
2: human Centipede (Euro + Weon-x) ($32.00)
3: Bringing SexyBack (Sanuzi + Sylar) ($16.00)
4: Gay Floaties (Idea + Riddlebox)
5: Red Rose Coffee (Windrose + CoffeeBlack)
6: Dunky SlamHouse (Phiddlesticks + Sauc3)
7: NNR (BreadX + Divineknight)
8: The Randoms (LAZRr + DoubleCheezburger)
9: CD (D + CC)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
come anyway. it's not too hard. use any of:

red slippers, mirrors, wardrobes, hats, running into pillars at the train station, evil candles, talismans...

the list goes on forever dude

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
dual maining works better

when one of your characters is already high level

but do what you want

i'm all for trying different ways to improve

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Okay so this was ALMOST a spectacularly run event but we keep running into the same problems. Punctuality and scheduling are the glaring ones and they sort of diverge into all the subtopics.

I'm not going to beat around the bush. We cannot be starting at 3 pm (or later). This is ridiculous. Registration should realistically be over by 12:30 or 1 or whatever so the next half hour can be used to make pools. Singles and teams registration should be done at the same time IMO since there's no teams divisions or bracket. In previous times, when the two events required individual planning I think separate reg was good but now since everyone just gets tossed into the teams RR we might as well do them together.

On that note, we have serious problems simply showing up on time. This extends to everyone, myself included. Aside from the randoms (and I suspect I know why) almost every prominent member of the scene has held up bracket for one reason or another and a lot of it has to do with punctuality. We have to put more effort into showing up on time. We absolutely need to put more effort into adhering to the schedule because we only have the venue until 9. On a related note, remember when I ran that random A&C and how we finished at like 7? And how everyone could go out and party after? We can make that happen but we need to respect the tournament more. Even if I help Ryan run it, I can't make that happen all the time without your support. You play a huge part in your tournament experience.

In that same vein, we cannot be allowing people to register at like 4 pm when pools are half-finished. It's not fair to the people who showed up on time and it invariably results in imbalanced pools since it's largely the good or decent players who are doing this. Dylan, Coffeeblack, Idea, Riddlebox, and Unknown522 is a stacked pool and noticeably stronger than the others (or it was until they added IB to Mike's pool, which resulted in another ridiculous spontaneous pool). While I love you guys, this cannot continue. We need to be more professional about this. Registration ends at 12:30 or 1 or whenever. But once it's over we can't be making a zillion exceptions for everyone. It allows players to feel they're above the tournament and abuse privilege - I don't mean they do it maliciously but clearly people will exploit conveniences like the ability to sleep in.

Understandably, people will have appointments and extenuating circumstances. These can be discussed prior to the tournament date and we may be able to accommodate you (do not abuse this - it looks so bad if we give you special treatment and then you don't show). But a lot of the common ones that actually happen are really just cases of, "Oh I didn't bother to wake up on time." This is just not acceptable.

Similarly, I want a schedule posted on the wall of A&C (we can make it and bring it) indicating times and the ruleset (legal stages, CP rules, slob picks, etc). Ryan is harassed by so many dumb questions it astounds me. Please, take some responsibility and review the thread before coming. I feel having a schedule and the rules in print and posted will alleviate a lot of this but the sheer amount of rule questions and schedule questions astound me.

Next, I think pools should be done in two waves. This allows the system of match shuffling we were using to be more effective because each pool then has 4 setups rather than 2 and also gives times for people to eat without just axing an hour (we have limited time).

On the note of food, it is your call to leave as the final pool is finishing to get food and not come back for an hour and hold up the bracket. You are taking the risk. We need to be more strict about this especially with the condensed time frame. My pools waves suggestion gives a huge window for people (everyone) to get their meal. There is no excuse for not taking it if you foresee yourself getting hungry or are hungry now. Take responsibility for your own care. If you know you'll need something later, get it now during the time slot to do so. That's what it's there for.

These problems are why we had to cancel amateur bracket today, one of the best events we have. This tournament used a lot of really good ideas but we need to fix some of our existing problems before we can really flourish and create the best experience for everyone.

I probably sound vexed but I assure you I'm not mad. I'm actually impressed we almost finished on time in spite of everything and I think the new stuff we're using (better pool sheets, etc) can really make these tournaments run better, finish quicker, and allow more freeplay. That said, we're still grappling with the same crap we've always grappled with. I want improvement - I know we're capable of it.

Shoutouts later.

unknown522

Some guy
Omg David. Stealing all of that.

Well the 2 waves part.

Still, we did start earlier than 3. Doubles should've started at like 1:45 from running late. But I lost an additional half hour due to a phone call and having to discuss terms of service without getting the chance to starting the event. We probably would've finished on time without the amateur bracket. But ah well.

Also Dylan, you have some work left to do.

Edit: I'm gonna change the schedule again for the 2 wave

Edit 2: I did start singles and doubles reg at the same time

:phone:

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, doing that just now, the program I use to capture the images is being difficult, so it'll be a sec.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
what a stacked bracket. ****.

edit: shout out to breadx and sleven's (I think) brilliant commentary.

shoutouts to libya

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Came in here to rant about said tourney, but KK summed up everything beautifully. Much potential, be had.

Windrose

Smash Lord
sanuzi and sylar placed higher than idea + riddlebox even if they lost to them directly?

is it because they have one more cumulative win throughout the whole pool?

just curious.

=============
amateur bracket wasn't canceled, i won it!! riddlebox and jethrotex can vouch. my prize money was a toonie handed directly from unknown522

I.B

Smash Lord
Good post David (KK). On that note my bad for coming late and entering while pools was already going on. I wasn't even planning on going because I had an essay to do but couldn't resist lol. I realize this was selfish of me, my bad I won't do it again

:phone:

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
If they want to let me make highlights and then upload them I'll do it. The reason I haven't done the previous videos is because it's rather time consuming to have to figure out which match is which and discern whether or not it's actually a match or a friendly. Also I can't render more than one video at a time and I have to render my own videos in addition to those.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
That's only for the video thread, I need to wait till the videos are up to fully explain to everyone what happened.

sauc3

Smash Lord
ggs everyone, shoutoutz

ryan ford - couldn't even touch you in our games lol, so fkin good, we can all do better to make it run faster next time too, i'll play less friendlies after sets (bad habit of mine i guess)
david - we never really got to play or talk :(, only in doubles and like, a couple friendlies, next time I come we should play for longer,
imadh - best smasher NA lol, def the most fun to play, glad we got to play another set after pools, such a sexy falco, ur combos/movement are so smooth like butter! gj beating cami too!
cami - u always **** me, idc anymore lol, ggs :p
mike - beast beating imadh in pools, i'll have to check that set out, great placing as always, ur peach ****in ***** me so hard. we have sex next time?
kyle - ur falco's getting a lot better, just seems to prone to tournament nerves (vs me anyways), until next time! ggs
izek - great falco, was super nervous goin into that 3rd game after you slapped me around so hard on ps, fun set and nice guy :D
joshuzi - pro level sets have been had between us in the history of GTA smash, and this tourney was no different :p, clutch master get over the mental block and 4 stock me next tourney (assuming we both go, as we seem to have about the same committment to the scene), always good seeing you, keep the good times comin
james mcpeach - IAVOIDULIKETHEPLAGUEMUAHAHAHAHAAH, srsly **** peach, good seeing you, you've always been a close friend so i was glad to see you could make it out, thank god i avoided you in bracket :p, you finally brought hilary out too! the mysterious girl arises!
hamilton boys, what can i say in here that i can't say irl, jon, thanks for driving/sacrificing your weekend with jdawg to spend it witht he boys, hope she isnt too upset, ben the ten doubledunder*****, geoff version x, **** ya fox bowser 2thousandwahtthe,
anyone else i missed and played, ggs, had a grrrreat time, and i'll try my best to make it out to the next one!

Izek

Smash Cadet
ggs everyone!! gotta get back into melee!! practice practice practice!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WTMnGp8RBc#t=20

1: KirbyKaze - good peach practice, fun talking :D
1: Unknown522 - ahh
3: I.B. - we will train when you get back!!!
4: Weon-x - suave mente
5: Europhoria - didn't play
5: Sauc3 - interesting set... kinda rusty but ggs and had fun :)
7: Riddlebox - ASOT!!! and another interesting/ random set sorta, and windrose screaming killed my concentration but regardless fun seeing you and good stuff.
7: Idea - didnt play.
9: Sanuzi - nice seeing you.
9: Eternal - GET THOSE EDGE GUARDS!!! lool ggs

13: Phiddlesticks - bowser's up B
13: CoffeeBlack - i recorded one of your games i'll upload it soon. and good stuff

Last edited:

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
he went home to play kingdom hearts 2
LMAO dat toonie eh

why don't i see sylar for singles? i read somewhere imadh came after he left so i guess he left before he had time for singles?
me? thats ****in jokes, ur a beast windrose. and yea Tie break goes overall wins and then head to head.

Jack I had to work at midnight so i left right after doubles.

David great post which reflects your experience and maturity. The scene greatly benefits from having someone like you, step up and say these things.

Last week I saw Ryan doing a lot of work to run the events, running a tourney isn't an easy task and not a responsibilty one person should have to take on. Let's try next month as a community to respect Ryan and david by showing up on time, but also doing other things like playing your matches when they are assigned, and getting them reported. Give yourself time to go eat or do other things by prioritzing the tourney matches.

also I realize more people than just Ryan and David are putting in efforts to run these. Also i'm not one to talk as the last time i was at A&C was november of 2011. I love you all..

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
1: KirbyKaze ($165.00) - Ggs mah boy (in dubs) I didn't get to watch many of your matches except for vs Imadh...but you know how it is #KKnation...wow that's one K short of some scandalous stuff.
1: Unknown522 ($75.00) - Same little bro =) ggs in dubs...and in bracket sigh. I will best you soontimes `-`. <3
3: I.B. ($45.00) - lol this man is a celebrity, walks in gets what he wants and ***** people <3. It was great seeing you, and good set. Don't you stop practicing or I will drag you under `3`.
4: Weon-x ($15.00) - lol what's up my pirate friend (captain morgan). Don't you dare touch my stomach you ***** LOL.
5: Europhoria - Our sets are always fun, I always have to play super patient and put bets on certain things...makes me feel pretty alive in this game. **** you though, that stitch was my savation LOL.
5: Sauc3 - RUN FROM ME, RUN FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. lol ggs in dubs, dat bowser combo. I miss hanging out with you and the rest of hamilton. We all have to get our **** together =\. Was really good seeing you, and indeed you are a very close friend to me. Also wtf at "I've heard a lot about you" lmao you're gonna get me in trouble LOL.

7: Idea - Ggs in pools Kyle, and GGs in teams. I miss picking on you, so sorry if I did it too much this tournament. Our lack of chemistry in teams makes it that much more enjoyable lol.

9: Sanuzi - Ggs in bracket...though I know you weren't very happy with your performance =\. Sorry about not responding to what you were saying...I just really wanted to advance. On that note....once you get your jazz hands back, there's gonna be no stopping you =D.

9: Eternal - I saw you like twice this whole tournament, wtf >_> we used to play in bracket all the time.

9: Izek - Next tournament we will team and become "The boxing of izek" lol. Good games in bracket even though you weren't very happy with them. It was a pretty relaxed setting...and those chips and windrose were pretty distracting for you I guess. ASOT will always **** though, we shall choose a good episode for our theme and I will bring a boombox for our sets.

9: BreadX - idk who you were but if we played GGs =3

13: Phiddlesticks - UGUUUUUUU lol happy belated my friend, we need to hang out more.

13: CoffeeBlack - Ggs in pools, but don't stop fearing Peach yet. I will get back in shape and drag your *** back to the underworld where you belong. LOL.

13: CC - GGs in teams =).

13: Bernal - We didn't play but I caught some of your matches on the livestream. You've gotten a lot better...your edgeguarding sux tho `3` FIX IT.

Iliad / Meek / Joanna - HAMILTON + Honorary hamilton (yes thats what guelphites are called) Thank you for coming out. You have no idea how much it warmed my heart to get that call from Jon as we were making our way to the tournament; hearing that you guys were there waiting made me that much more excited. Thanks for coming out and showing your support =). Ben - **** you, black people are amazing and you just jelly that I got dem BBQ chips. Jon I swear to god if you touch me like that again imma deck you LOL EVEN WITH YOUR LOVELY GIRLFRIEND IN YOUR LAP. Joanna - we should talk one of these days lol all you seem to get from me is that I'm a punching bag =( lol.

NNR guys - I'm not really sure which of you were part of it aside from like Noah (hard to miss) but you guys were fun to play lol. I also enjoyed your commentary a lot during the livestream so you def should keep coming out.

Dylan - You've gotten a lot better, you need to start showing that and stop giving up mid sets. I could totally feel your energy dip during our set, it was weird. Other than that, GET ****ED O_O BY COFFEBLACK (motivation to get better and **** him). Gogo!

Drekken - **** you, give me back my recording setup LOL I want every piece.

Hillary - <3 ty for the support and the luck, trust me I would have long given up on trying at this tournament had you not been there =(. First round Izek was like bzzzt *** falco lol. You won't ever read this though =x so idk COME OUT AGAIN! Hopefully a regular occurrence =3.

Why does every girl fall in love with David btw? LOL SO SALTY.

To whoever was commentating doubles - the two times I didn't save Kyle from rest punishes...I couldn't really. If I n-air'd at him the upsmash would have killed us both in the first instance. In the second instance, Peach takes forever to get to the top platform so I figured trying the finish the edgeguard was the better option.'

I AM THE NEW UNDERTAKER BTW. PRACTICE UP AND DON'T LOSE OR I WILL DRAG YOU ALL TO HELL.

Since I'm the bar and all for rust/improvement/success or w/e that is.

Top Bottom