• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Diddy Kong wasn't in Jungle Beat, the most recent main game before Brawl, if I remember correctly, but he still got in. Missing one title isn't a death sentence for someone like K. Rool.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Dixie being a cutesy (cutesier?) and female character would lead one to think that she'd be more popular than K. Rool in Japan, but allegedly, he has the upper hand.

K. Rool has credentials extending far and beyond DKCR, and has little competition for playability, both within his series and among other veteran franchises in Smash. I believe M&SG's K. Rool concept has him weighing more than Bowser, but I'd think he'd be situated comfortably between Bowser and DK on the weight list instead.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Diddy Kong wasn't in Jungle Beat, the most recent main game before Brawl, if I remember correctly, but he still got in. Missing one title isn't a death sentence for someone like K. Rool.
But Diddy wasn't removed from a game that he was originally in though.

I dunno, K. Rool getting in kinda seems like putting in Gary Oak.

That would be awesome.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
But Diddy wasn't removed from a game that he was originally in though.

I dunno, K. Rool getting in kinda seems like putting in Gary Oak.

That would be awesome.
...what.

DKCR isn't a DKC remake. At all. I don't know why you think it is, but it isn't.

D

Deleted member

What are you talking about, of COURSE it's a remake.
It's got the word "Returns" in it. After all, Kirby's Return to Dream Land was a remake of Kirby's Dream Land. It's an old game that is RETURNING.

It's just like the word "New", and how New Super Mario Bros. is a remake of Super Mario Bros. and New Super Mario Bros. 2 is a remake of Super Mario Bros. 2. Since it's well, the NEW version.

And if it isn't obvious, I'm being a sarcastic smartass. :troll:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
All the music is from DKC1 though, and it's basically the same plot except for a different enemy and the same Kong combination, so I think of it as a semi-remake.

If it isn't a remake, I don't understand why they didn't rip music from the other Country games.

It'll be interesting if they do another Country game, to see whether they go with Diddy and Dixie and rip music from DKC2.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
New Super Mario Bros is probably a NES Mario remake to. I mean, what's better graphics, remixed original tracks, new moves, new story ect. ect. worth if you just play with Mario using the same power ups with the same music? :rolleyes:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
@Dre
Actually, DKCR's story is different from the first DKC. Remember how the animals got hypnotized? lol.

Same idea, taking the banana hoard, but with kidnapping animals also.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
The whole Returns tag is just showing it's been a long time since that series had a game in that particular style, and it is coming back. None of them are really remakes.

True, Retro did say they played DKC for months to get the style down, but they made the game their own.

Still, I support K. Rool as a playable character.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Why are we placing such a heavy value on relevance again? Smash is designed as a hodge-podge of characters from Nintendo's history, not just those who meet a certain quota on the "what have you done for me lately" scale.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Another thing with that is that people seem to forget the meaning of the word "relevance." If anything, it's synonymous with importance to the series, not a recent appearance. And there's no doubt in my mind, nor anyone else that is knowledgeable on the subject, that K. Rool is overall important to the Donkey Kong franchise.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
King K. Rool was one of the few consistent things about the Donkey Kong Country games that's for sure.

You know something is off when Donkey Kong himself is a "damsel in distress" in Donkey Kong Country 2 & 3, kidnapped by King K. Rool as a ransom to fork over the banana hoard in the former and just for the hell of it in the latter.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Yeah, it's pretty odd that they were called Donkey Kong Country games, when DK was only playable in one, and Diddy and Dixie were playable in two.

There's of a lot of things you can nitpick about the DK series though. Diddy constantly being referred to as a chimp, when he's a monkey not a chimp. Tiny's hair move in 64 being called ponytail twirl when she actually has pigtails, not a ponytail. Then there's the inconsistency as to whether Cranky is DK's father or grandfather, and whether he was the original DK or not.

Still, it's an awesome series that I'm really only starting to appreciate now.

:phone:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Am i the only one who thinks they might put Funky in instead? Did people forget about how popular he is recently.

I couldnt support this thread anymore..DK64 was one of my fav games of all time.
But the only thing i know im gonna hate is his appearence..

He needs to hace a rock hard pure solid gold belly xD not a fat round yellow one..

Also big fat bloodshot eye and sharp bent chipped tooth at the front of his mouth unlike his recent appearences...

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I Would lOVEEEEE CRANKY LMFAOO after all that mumbo-jumbo (xD banjo) he spill about being so badass in DKC and how he could finish the game in 1 life..loool i bet he could.

Simply because Cranky has never been playable in any game..

Also that funky has and has had more appearence then Cranky..that was abit silly..

Lay of the guns people...i come in peace my point/post didnt say.

''I think funky is more deserving then K.Rool to be in Sm4sh''

I think not..K.Rool imo is more deserving but
thats not my point. My point is that Funky is popular too and i actually think he has a solid chance even if you lot think he doesnt.

But man..its true..Sm4sh does need more villians.

King K.Rool
Bowser
Ganondorf
Ghirhiam
Ridley
Mewtwo (sorta Villian)
Black Shadow
Wario (was a villian in SSE)
Dedede
Wolf

You could even cut two of that list and it would be villian rep acceptable fo Sm4sh.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, Retro just wanted to try something new by adding a new kind of villain to DKCR; I love DKCR, but do you KNOW what kind of flak they got for that?

Good lord, every DKC fan site is STILL in turmoil, Tiki Tong and his band are creaking public enemy no. 1.

K. Rool has relevance, is a villain, has popularity (if that truly matters) and has a longstanding history with the series that is clearly recognized by his trophies and such. At this point, his chances is ridicalously high.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Exact same point with Ridley. But we just have to wait for the massive announcement on Jan 31.

With all chars revealed
gameplay
and online public demo.

*snap*
*snap*
*SNAP*

''wakes up from dream in dreamland''

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ok question, what's this about January 31st? New acopalypse?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The date that the "leak" (read: scam) is officially proven as a hoax, since the "leaker" was silly enough to give himself an expiration date on a certain event.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A Retro-designed K. Rool would be dream-like, and, if the leak is legitimate, may have even come into existence BECAUSE they knew K. Rool was chosen for Smash. But honestly, this is nothing to get your hopes up for.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Which most don't do; it doesn't affect him either way, but leakers typically don't do;

Plus, since he told me a lot of what I want to hear, and seems logical, I support him regardless. But let's not derail the topic about the Kremling Kommander.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sort of on a different K. Rool topic. Seeing as especially in his older days, K. Rool liked to dress up, I think it was sort of cool how he did it again in Super Sluggers with a Pharaoh design. Would anyone here be completely against K. Rool getting a new costume for Smash? Or even as an alternate? What would you want it to be?

MagnesD3

Smash Master
My King K. Rool Moveset

B: CROWN TOSS: K. Rool throws his crown just like in dkc1 and it comes back to him like links boomerang, its a lot less fluid than links boomerang in the movement department though.
B Up: KREMLING HOP: K. Rool jumps in a u shape ark then lands with his heavy might just like in dkc1, the land does a ton of damage on hit, he can also do some damage on the way up as well the move also goes of pretty quickly when compared to king dedee's hop and has significantly less recovery as well.
B Over: BALL CANNON: K. Rool pulls out his gun from dkc2 and shoots a can ball that goes averagely quick but ball shots cant be done at a rapid pace, if B is held while shooting a cannon ball the canonball will move in a circular motion while slowly progressing forward just like in dkc2.
B Down: COPTER RUSH: K. Rool uses his helicopter from dkc3 to lunge him forward quickly for a powerful and fast lunge attack.

K. Rool would be the heaviest character in the game, his final smash would make him gain the boxing gloves from dk64 where he only delivers knock out blows.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd honestly want original, Kaptain and K.Roolenstein as costumes, but if they just go with one, I think Krusha (DK64) would not only be awesome, but relevant

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Damn..im so pumped K.Rool>All other nintendo villians i dont care even though i love metroid this guy just makes everyone crap there pants! even his bosses! just look at these two vieos and tellme how BaDAsS can you get!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz4QWEZ4VFg

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=arBxzb8y5iE

Seriously that is the first moveset i have seen that i 100percent agre on.

brings a tear to my eye i can tell your DK past knowledge is strong i has loadza respect for you and this post.

Loool his jump about thing be abit like bowser bomb its you hard when he lands.

Am i the only one who thinks one of his Alt.costume should be his boxing gear from DK64? Loooool omg i love K.Rool

Villians beware K.Rools after you huh! DK.

-------------------------------------------------------------

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Dark Phazon, would you like to be listed in this group's membership?

It would be great to see some fanart of "Smash K. Rool" as the game develops, just to see what interpretations people have on that concept. Though I do think he'll retain his "King" look for his default appearance, seeing as how it's his most popular look.

Those are some fine special moves there, MagnesD3. I don't think anyone's ever put K. Rool's helicopter pack on a Down Special before, but it does fit.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Brother im not even trolling im excited i can not stress to you how much i loved DK64 and Country1 have played manyyyy old Games that i will never forget like Ever! all time fav best games.

DKC 1
Wario Land 3 (first game i ever played!)
Super Mario Bros.Duluexe
Mario Kart 64
Donkey Kong 64 <33333
WWF No Mercy 64
Super Mario 64
Conker's Bad Fur Day 64
Banjo Kazooie & Tooie
Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II <3333

[Theres a few more too]

My gosh seriously if i had to narrow that down to top 3 DK64 will be there.

K.Rool he does not mess about..he is seriously on another level of intimadating and villian then Bowser will ever be..(sorry bowser..)

Bowser my fav mario char anyway hes my main in all Mario karts and Smash.

Anyway damn anyone who think K.Rool doesnt deserve a spot or will just be a clone like bowser..well..i cant say what i think of them because my language will get me banned of this forum xD

I dunno just got hit with this Massive nostalgia blast-O matic xD.

Soo much potential for a moveset. His appearence is the only thing that i worry..hope hes got his DKC1 & DK64 Appearence.

Man i think i want this guy in more then Ridley if anything just as much.

I dont give a crap if hes lowest tier he will be my main. While all the sweaty try hard losers run around with space animals.

Yes please i will be honoured to join the Klan xD.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm not even going to bring up how awkward it would be if it were the Kremling Kutthroat Klan. Yeah... I've got some move set ideas and other things to post later, and would love if it were possible to add me as well. I was a big part of Kremling Power back in the pre-Brawl days; good times, man!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
The thing thats upsetting is that K.Rool will never have personality in a future game like he did DK64 Cruel/Badass Intimadating as that...Sigh..

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Personally I thought "ham and cheese" K. Rool was the best K. Rool varient, like from the crap Donkey Kong Country cartoon.

...Villains being the only redeeming thing seems to be a recurring theme with cartoons based on video games in general, isn't it.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Dark Phazon, would you like to be listed in this group's membership?

It would be great to see some fanart of "Smash K. Rool" as the game develops, just to see what interpretations people have on that concept. Though I do think he'll retain his "King" look for his default appearance, seeing as how it's his most popular look.

Those are some fine special moves there, MagnesD3. I don't think anyone's ever put K. Rool's helicopter pack on a Down Special before, but it does fit.
Its pretty much b over or b down for the cannon gun or the heli rush, either way id be fine with it, also after heli rush you can still b up it doesnt put you in recovery.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The thing thats upsetting is that K.Rool will never have personality in a future game like he did DK64 Cruel/Badass Intimadating as that...Sigh..

There's no reason he'll "never" have personality again. Besides, if this rumor is true, and Retro might be working on a new game with him in it, (After the No-Kremling backlash, I'm not surprised) then they would certainly give him personality.

I 101%'d DK64 again a few days ago once break started, and he had just as many derpy moments as awesome ones. He's always been just as silly as he was awesome. I expect the same from him in smash.

(For example, I'd expect if his neutral-B is the blunderbuss, and you can charge it (short charge is regular cannonball, long charge is spiked, but if you hold it too long it backfires like Diddy's), I expect the same sort of ridiculous animation as in DKC2.)

There's no reason to ever say never. For 14 years people said there'd never be another DKC game. And then rumor, followed by E3 2010, finally proved them wrong.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I Love you! And K.Rool
I was thinking of going through DK64 too.

This thread makes you wanna do that xD i might pick up Metroid Prime 1 GC too.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh! And Merry K. Ristmas and whatever else you might celebrate, K. Rool Krew! (and everyone else!)

Top Bottom