• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 13 - Most Recent Movesets: The Advertisement Period Begins

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
You took the concept and outright copy pasted parts without asking, plus only half the real work.

Though I do like how this theft makes it 'Davian.' Quite fitting.
Well, considering that you had no intention of running the concept again it was only fair to give someone else a sporting chance, no? If you wish to go and run these Rankings then do it - it'd give you some actual activity this MYM.

Temper temper, Mr. Daddy.

Smady

Smash Master
I had every intention of 'running the concept again.' Besides, it doesn't make stealing the concept any more fair, that is just plain dumb.

I'd rather be outright aggressive than have your permanently passive-aggressive posting gimmick. Yes yes, address everyone as 'sir' or 'mister,' not like people could find you more obnoxious.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Halfway through the contest, 82 sets in? "That is just plain dumb."

Well, technically, it's only you/MW/FA. The Triumvirate.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
If Smady wishes to revive it then? He may. All the pretty little numbers are right there for him to build off of - he should be thrilled. If I have outright "copy and pasted parts without asking", then he should have no trouble doing the same.

I have no methods of asking Smady considering he has made all my methods of contacting him quite invalid.

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
My main question is why it had to be reviving the User Rankings in the exact format he used(minus pictures)? If you wanted to create some sort of User Rankings then go ahead, but you literally copy pasted it down to numbers. I won't pretend you did nothing since you had to gather the data, but at least come up with your own system.

And no, changing the numbers is not really going to alter my point. The fact that you ever had them that way is bad to start with, and if you're gonna do this sort of thing at least use a different system.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
It's a proven format that works with the established MYMers.

Besides, you're using Warlord's Rankings format. Bit of hypocrisy there.

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
Warlord never objected to it in the slightest, and technically Froy did it first. Not to mention two users can most certainly run something like a ranking of sets based on their opinions, while they can't both measure the amount of activity performed by MYMers.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
And who says two users "can't both measure the amount of activity performed by MYMers"? Is there a rule against that?

JOE!

Smash Hero
How about this: change something about your's to add on to Smady's, therefor it'll be different enough while also refreshing.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
There's already a reward for the one who tops my Rankings by the end of the contest - and it'll be different than Smady's.

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
What I am saying, essentially, is that you took Smady's system of measurement and started using it yourself. Smady now, if he wants to do rankings, either has to just copy your numbers and add pictures, proving completely redundant, or just use a completely new system while you use the one he made. With moveset rankings, different people have different opinions and nothing would be changed.

If you at least used a different system, two User Rankings could possibly co-exist, but forcing Smady to use a different system is wrong when it was his in the first place. That's what I'm getting at here, more or less.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Whoever said he couldn't use the same system, then? If he wanted to do Rankings as he said - he could've done them earlier in the contest while being aware that this sort of thing would happen if he didn't.

The Warrior of Many Faces

Smash Apprentice
Everywhere and nowhere, as location is meaningless
I find it funny how it takes an argument to get me back to activity. :p

GEORGE WASHINGTON

I will be the first to admit that I didn’t actually click the link and thus have absolutely no idea what this set is a reference to. That being the case, though, the fact that this clearly IS a homage to something makes the utter OOCness and general lack of coherency workable since I’m assuming the source material is completely nonsensical to begin with. That being said, though, that means that there’s not really much to say here. Although I’ll say this much, if you were going for absolutely bizarre, it worked very well.

JOKER

The headings, I have to say, were hard to read, but aside from that, you’ve done very well for yourself with this set. Overall, this feels a lot like Joker, from everything to the font coloration, to the HAHAHAHAHAHAs, to the absurdity of the teeth, to the sheer annoyingness of the Jab. The playstyle is great here as well, capitalizing on the gas on a number of different levels, only to blow it all up when you’re ready to KO. Very fitting for the Joker.

Overall, the set has a bit of a disjointed feel on purpose, seeming to be unrelated but actually all working towards a goal. Fun, but very usable as well. Definitely one of the better sets this contest.

SOMBRA

Man, you have a real gift for taking underelaborated MLP characters and giving them some real depth! Dare I say it, Sombra may actually be better than Garble, due to an equally simple but more tightly-woven playstyle. First and foremost, this really feels like Sombra with the expansionism and boosting himself with the crystals. Second off, his offensive approach to keeping his setup going is something that I haven’t seen much, and it’s pretty cool. It’s aided pretty well by his shadow form as well, which was something I appreciated quite a bit, as it’s a good reference to his in-show abilities without feeling at all shoehorned in.

In short, this is a simple, but well-executed set that makes Sombra far more interesting without ever straying from his roots. A job well-done, I'd say!

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Thank you for the Joker comment - I'll go tone down the headings now. You're making a killing in the Rankings: 15 more points! :bee:

Smash Apprentice
Umm... I honestly don't remember much to distinguish the trainer himself from Pokemon Trainer, aside from the pretty cool standby Pokemon you had to help enhance the performance of whoever you have out at the moment. I fully admit I might be completely misremembering, but I can't seem to find the post in question very easily.

Smash Apprentice
Okey-dokey then, let's get to it.

ACE TRAINER JOE!

So overall, this actually does have a lot more to it than the original Trainer from Brawl. I covered the Team2 thing briefly, but I had honestly forgotten about the Dual Commands, which is actually another cool idea, making seem even more like he's commanding them both nigh-simultaneously like he would in an actual Double Battle.

As for the interactions, there are far too many of them for me to comment them individually (must've taken a while to come up with them all, huh?). That being said, they're all pretty good and seem very natural. I especially like the way you can cool Armantle's lava with Feraligatr's water, or igniting Breloom's seeds via Armantle. That being said, none of this makes it any tougher to play JOE! as a beginner; while there's quite a bit here for us to go through as readers, there's plenty of room for a learning curve as readers. Heck, I could see players picking JOE! just so they can play around with stuff and see what goes together!

In short, I was way wrong when I said this didn't seem that different from Pokemon Trainer. It's got a lot more depth without sacrificing too much simplicity.

Junahu

Smash Ace

Barbariccia Hair
That's the newly coined term for the concept. It does not mean that the designated character for the concept is Barbariccia, nor does it mean that the concept must involve hair for it to be "Barbariccia Hair"

Barbariccia Hair is a dangling extension of a character's hurtbox. It follows behind the player's movements like flowing hair, and in most cases cannot be directly controlled via attacks. The important distinction between this part of a character's hurtbox, and their main body, is that receiving a hit there absorbs the blow without making the player flinch. The dangling hurtbox still takes knockback to an extent (whether the player takes on damage too depends on the application of the mechanic. For example, a snake tail that slithers behind the player would take damage, but dangling hair would not). The dangling extension of the player suffers that knockback up until the point where it cannot travel any further, due to it being physically attached to the rest of the player. At this point, the player is dragged away (without flinching) a proportion of the remaining distance the dangling hurtbox would have otherwise travelled.

Absorbtion/Evasion

Smady

Smash Master
He made your picture on the User Rankings look slightly prettier.
The different banners stood out, that was the whole point, yes. You apparently don't get subtlety. The only distinguishing feature your rankings has from a generic list of statistics is the grading system you copy pasted directly from my own post without giving credit. It's an even bigger insult to slap your own name on top of this abomination in the same font as mine, but blue. Stop stealing ideas all the time.

Smady

Smash Master
Sup Waver, I remember the game box set and here I definitely see traits in Floazar that are a good reminder of that one. You have an emphatic writing style and use good, if slightly inclusive, examples to keep the reading flow going at a quick pace. The ideas here come together to not make a set I like, but I can see why you'd want to play as this character, because he has plenty of moves that are fun to use and combined do form something that a casual player would think is quite creative. These are positive things about your style and you should hang onto them as you move forward. The problems I have would be because of your inexperience making sets, as it lacks obvious elements like a playstyle. This means that moves work together in a cohesive way that makes it easier for the player, and a reader in Make Your Move, to understand the relevancy of moves as a whole for the moveset. Here, you've crafted, compared to Brawl, versatile inputs, but the real skill in making a moveset is keeping in mind how the character plays overall. From a basic standpoint, this would mean something like, if Floazar has a great recovery that lets him get high up in the air, how does he fight foes in the air? How do his specials work together? What are his strong and weak points? However, it's far easier to understand these concepts by reading other people's work than me telling you, I recommend reading the top listed sets on FrozenRoy's rankings as they're fairly simple while taking into account playstyle. Either way, I hope you stick with it and continue to make sets.

It's truly a blessing that one of my favourite characters got to have a set by one of my favourite set makers. Skull Kid mainly succeeds for me because it handles him very respectfully and pulls off a playstyle that is greatly appreciable when you compare it to his actions in the game as well as his personality. You're creating a chaotic environment and subtly manipulating it to your own advantage, often the moves are bizarre or work into ways to practically torture the foe, befitting the cruelty of Majora. If I do say so myself, it's by far the neatest and most sensible simplification I've seen of last contest's winner into a normal moveset, allowing for a fair amount of customisation while not being remotely unsmash enough to take a dislike. The doppelgangers are used to mostly very good effect and the same care and attention I saw in Alice is carried over to this set in making sure the player is never ever lost amid minion control as the up special duplicate is carefully handled. The set actually could have been said to play it safe until the forward smash and aerial, these moves almost strangely making use of tentacles to get across the more versatile moves. These are actually quite good in fulfilling that purpose, giving Skull Kid plenty of basic mix-up potential and mind games on top of his major pressure focus, again a positive for the characterisation. It was also great to see moves like the down smash referencing great moments from the game. The move I may find genuinely awkward is the bubble, as I don't think Skull Kid ever used that in the game and it's given significance in the playstyle summary, I also think down smash works as an up smash. Aside from that, the execution is pretty much impeccable. Conceptually it could have been complexer, but I respect the level of self-control here while not betraying the nature of the Skull Kid. For Brawl.

On Sauron, great to see a new Smashbot set and a Lord of the Rings set, I can't remember ever seeing one before. Firstly, he may give out a ring, but surely not the One Ring - give out one of the lesser rings. Thankfully this is a two second edit to that move, now everyone's happy. I actually quite like this moveset if only for the atmosphere it creates, comparable to a reserved Urabrask; you're essentially bringing Saron's machinations onto the stage, specifically the melding and his role war commandeer. This is achieved by use of lava as a multi-functional ammunition used in several moves to create some easy pressure, obviously quite relevant in a boss fight. These are fairly good ways of bringing up the less memorable moves without robbing Sauron of the ability to smash a challenger into oblivion. In that way it reminds me a lot of a bigger version of Knight Man. I do wish the main boss relevant part, the forcing a foe into taking the ring, was expanded on using later flow, but the way it works is fine enough. Especially when the foe is being so pressured and the match securely under Sauron's control, it's fair to imagine they'd go for the easy ring path to victory. However, the ring wraiths are one negative as they simply aren't relied upon or used at all, when the very point of giving out the ring was to create them, it's really the one missed opportunity in the set. I can forgive it, though, if only for the fact that I love the nature and function of all the aerials. I would probably love the set if it tied up all these loose ends of flow in a satisfying way too, but it is cool just using the moves alone on a busy stage and being attacked by specifically three Make Your Moves sets, who would account for most of the 'space real estate,' as dubbed by Junahu. While it takes some liberties, this I would be happy to call the definitive Sauron set and for now the definitive LotR set, good job.

King Sombra's definitely a step above Garble, but I personally still have problems. Lets talk about the set first, though, just because it does present some okay ideas. The whole 'viral' playstyle coming from the crystals is quite reminiscent of Muk, and yes I know you passionately hate Muk, but it's a valid comparison - the difference being that Muk does it passively, while Sombra has to have out his crystals. My problem is that the crystals work too slowly toward expansion, and it's basically a game of defence to keep them alive nearly long enough to build an 'empire' of sorts. While you're waiting, the part where you fight off the foe is quite simplistic and unmemorable, from a MYM standpoint. For your movesets, I'll admit this set does get very creative at parts and along this path I can see you making a set I actually like someday. Saying that, I doubt you want that path. The perks you get from the crystals are sometimes useful in functionality but never particularly interesting. You gain a slight buff, the move deals more damage or knockback, it's a bigger or duplicated hitbox... for what is trying to be a natural, flowing moveset out of the crystals, these upgrades come off as contrived. I appreciate the attempt at characterisation and the set's not completely barren of okay concepts, but it's nothing that forgives the pretty standard fare attacks which even now I find hard to recall, a couple days post-read. I must say, the writing style is pretty impenetrable.

There's plenty wrong with Joker but it's not on a shallow level, the errors are very deep into the character's playstyle and perhaps strangely for you, stemming in his characterisation. Oddly enough, as I see a comparison to Muk in Sombra, I see one of Weezing to Joker - you create the gas, you use it as a pressuring tool; while not part of your body, again it's an active ability rather than passive as in Weezing. At one point you even explode the gas as an attack. This is where the problem starts... I know this is a fighting game, but I feel even Sakurai dealt a character this important would know, Joker is all about subterfuge and trickery, he doesn't, as in this set, pull a gun out on you, or suffocate you to death. I know it's a representative Joker, but it's just odd to see two specials where he's beating the foe to death on one hand and slashing them to pieces on the other hand. It's fair to say you shouldn't have placed time constraints on yourself with this set, as this probably led to the reasons why you rely heavily on props. Joker may use props quite a bit, but that doesn't mean that in a set he should throw all of them out; the crowbar, the flower, the knife, the cards. It would be decent if these were used to an interesting effect, but it's mainly just obvious uses that end up being a different animation or maybe a projectile that lingers in a different way. I also really want to know the logic behind an exploding canister not igniting gas, and a landmine igniting gas... ? On top of that it just doesn't flow very well. Most attacks are a tool to use in spacing or a way to obtusely pressure the foe, it simply doesn't come together that well on a basic playstyle level. The main set is mostly just uninteresting, but the boss mode really illustrates why this set should not have been made in a rush. The four moves you give, particularly the terrible clap special, are really bland. There's no show-boating or moves taking advantage of his new bulk or size, you even give away one of the four moves to a minion summon. The way this all meshes just doesn't make sense; if he's using just the four moves here he will be destroyed by the remotely versatile Brawl sets, if he has access to his main set he's pulling props out of a non-existent sleeve. This boss mode goes a ways in further demonstrating that this feels less like Joker and more like one of his many less colourful minions.

I was really optimistic going into Voldemort as you handled the Horcruxes perfectly for the characterisation. They frame the boss set, Voldemort is always the central part of a match and a subtle lasting effect on the stage is not soon forgotten or easily abused. It sits there in the background, elegantly not affecting the rest of the moveset or obstructing the gameplay. I'm hardly against a complex mechanic like that especially laid on in the specials, but here I am very for the approach, it's the high point of the set. The lake and its interactions are what I just spoke of, a big impressive mechanic in the specials that is pulled off to tremendously good effect both for the character and the playstyle, acting as a specific terraform in how it is used and really aids the high spawn rate minions. My only worry would be how it plays on stages with a thin main platform, but I'm sure you have an explanation. The grab game actually is one area I don't like, just because it feels like wasted inputs, where one move is basically a mirror of another and none of them strike me as too particularly flowing into the rest of the moveset. Before the lake, the forward smash, isn't really given that level of attention despite being a massive hitbox and incredibly powerful, basically just existing for the sake of a strong attack. I guess it works into a general playstyle but this kind of move would really fit any character due to its power. The standards and aerials are mostly serviceable to the character and playstyle. There are a couple of instances of overly flashy effects, like the back air and the down tilt over a lake. The thing that may hold the set together the strongest, the killing curse and shield reflection, is indicative of a general trend in the set of loosely connected flow between major strings of playstyle, which can result in feeling a little hollow, compared to something as all-encompassing as Jarvis. Nonetheless, your best yet this contest.

Finally got around to reading Nyx Assassin after promising in the chat earlier today that I would give it a comment. In Zexion I saw some parallels of Blademaster from Warcraft 3, here I see the wind walk being used rather than the 'fake damage' of the duplicates. Sadly, I don't think the concept meshes as well in Smash as they did in Zexion, simply because what is based around coming out of and going into invisibility, is not easy to give supportive flow. You do an admirable job here, giving avenues of escape, teleport moves and other clever creative inputs to supplement this unique playstyle. After some reflection, after originally thinking the critical strike out of the invisibility is overpowered, I then realised this is fine for Capture the Flag as imagined in Spy. On stages assumed to be huge and multi-screened, dealing copious amounts of damage is not that great, especially when you consider the huge amounts of enemies and infinite respawn. As is, I do like the set for trying to bring a refreshing take on the genre, in the invisibility and 'assassin' playstyle, that hasn't been attempted before and requires a level of skill to pull off on part of the player and as you, the writer. You pay attention to detail in this set by giving a good amount of versatility to every move within the context of this playstyle and it may not be a fantastic piece of work in all, as there is plenty of filler, the specials are effective enough at what they do to let me give the filler a pass. Heck, it's not even bad filler. It's not a big thumbs up, however, because frankly I found much of the set to be rather dry in its execution. As I said, this is not a particularly exciting concept and there's a low ceiling for how you could execute it, the mode only further lowers the ceiling on this character's potential. Keeping that in mind, I find the set more respectable than enjoyable and obviously I hope to see more sets coming out of the peanut factory.

Trainer Joe 2 comment in the next couple days.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
The different banners stood out, that was the whole point, yes. You apparently don't get subtlety. The only distinguishing feature your rankings has from a generic list of statistics is the grading system you copy pasted directly from my own post without giving credit. It's an even bigger insult to slap your own name on top of this abomination in the same font as mine, but blue. Stop stealing ideas all the time.
Man, we went a few posts without an argument! No need to spoil that, Mr. I-Hate-MYM.

The reward altering the user rankings is rather pointless when you don't continue them, no? If you're so pissed about that font, I'll go change that right now. I don't seem to recall stealing any ideas - though then again, you probably wouldn't have recalled that either until I made my own Rankings. Way to ignore the other points made in the thread as well.

Besides, if it's such an abomination - then why would you want to continue doing them?

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
I may as well throw my two cents into the fire:

I think Dave should have asked Smady's permission first. It's just common courtsey. It's a bit different from me and Warlord's rankings because since rankings are opinion based and the User Rankings are purely number based the moveset rankings will be vastly different. In addition, me and Warlord defined each star differently and mine is a 10 star system while his is a 9 star system.

At the same time, it's like 80+ sets in and we haven't had any URs. I have no problem with Dave making them, although if Smady wishes to continue making them I have no objection to him doing so and Dave not doing so. At the same time, I think it would be interesting to have both if Dave's had a different scale, such as different points.

As an idea I'll likely use myself, what about changing the Davian rankings to a weighted ranking system? Movesets don't have a flat score, but are instead given X points per star on each Moveset Ranking(FA, Warlord, WoMF and mine, plus any others that spring up). So, for example, Sakuya gets 20 points for her 10/10 ranking on mine at 2 points per. In essence, it's weighted towards what opinion says. I'll likely turn this into an unrelated ranking, though.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
When Smady decides to pull off an unprovoked permaban in the main chat for "being an unlikable person" even before any of this, common courtesy is thrown out the window. Do unto others.

As said, if Smady wishes to continue making the Rankings he may - but that will do nothing to deter me from making them either. All the numbers are laid out for him already! He should be thrilled he doesn't have to go through 40 pages of hard work! But nope. Pettiness and filling the thread with an argument against what he claims is "a hippo". Tsk, tsk. I expected better from a leader.

And no, I've already established what I'm doing and have no intention of stopping.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
FrozenRoy's Weighted Rankings

You're probably wondering what this is and how it differs from other moveset or user rankings. It does this in a few ways:

Unlike User Rankings, this does not measure quantity of posting. Instead, this attempts to give a certain measure to the subjective "quality" of movesets and how a user's contest has gone.
Unlike moveset rankings, this is not my personal opinion. Instead, it is weighted by assigning a point value to each "star" a moveset ranking gives, then adding them all up. This means a moveset's quality is subjected to, for at least this contest, weighting from at least five(Warlord, FA, WoMF, Kat and my own) rankings. This helps give an idea of what the general opinion of a moveset is, rather than what one person's is. In addition, it means the public can further add to this by creating more rankings and thus adding more possible weights to it.

One issue faced is that not all rankings use a 10 star point system. For the moment I am not dealing with this, but in the future I plan to weigh it so that each system's maximum star value provides 20 points, meaning that it scales with the amount of stars you give. Or something to that effect, anyway. This is an inexact science, after all. For now, though...2 points per star. I will also later need to account for the fact people cannot rank their own movesets, likely by giving them a value equal to the average of all other rankings. Since there is no specific time people update their rankings, I'll likely have a slightly sporadic updating schedule, likely something like every 2 weeks, possibly shorter, possibly longer. Also, a set will not appear if it has not been ranked, since I obviously can't calculate it's value by rankings if it has none.

People will be listed in the following manner:

[User] - [Moveset] (Points Moveset Gathers) for each moveset - Total Points.

I'll use an easy example to show what I mean.

Koric's moveset "Witch" has been on 3 Moveset Rankings: WoMF, FA and my own's. WoMF gave it a 7, I gave it a 6 and FA gave it a 4. Therefor, it gathered 14 points from WoMF(7 x 2), 12 from me(6 x 2) and 8 from FA(4 x 2). This means it gathered a total of 34 points. It is also Koric's only set.

Ergo, it would be represented...

Koric - Witch (34) - 34

...And that is that. I unfortunately do not have images or the power to make them, so this is simply in list form. Still, it may provide some interesting insight into how everyone has done. People are listed in the order of highest points to lowest. Since this merely is meant to weight opinions of movesets only movesets are scored. This isn't a test of quantity or hereness after all.

(To-do list:
Re-do rankings with proper weight adjustment for different star systems
Add average ranking after star system adjustment: Currently not feasible due to star differences
Figure out how to do ATJ
Ask how people think joints should be handled. As-is, both get full credit)

A note on Ace Trainer Joe!: Since only one person has ranked ATJ as a complete set and the difficulties of rating a set like this, in addition to the fact that everyone has rated the Pokemon seperately, ATJ will have each Pokemon ranking counted at the least until everyone has a rating for ATJ and not just his Pokemon.

---

The Rankings

Katapultar - Athena (28), Madolche Majoleine (40), Ghetsis (20), Young Xehanort (58), Luke Atmey (46), Putata (62), Tabitha Orleans (40), Yukiki (30), Mistleteinn (46), Mukae Emukae (6) - 376
JOE! - Alakazam (52), Feraligatr (46), Breloom (38), Porygon-Z (60), Bisharp (54), Armantle (44), Ace Trainer JOE! (32) - 326
Junahu - Mike Dawson (56), Clumsy Assassin (56), Yoshika (34), Kamella (36), Sakuya Izayoi (82), Cuty Mary (4) - 268
Daviddreamcatcha - Princess Bubblegum (60), Ashens (36), Stromboli (52), Strong Bad (26), Pyro (34), The Joker (58) - 266
FrozenRoy - Cold Enchanter (44), BeastMan.EXE (32), Randy Johnson (36), Gatstaf Shepherd (40), Headless Horseman (40), Skull Kid (28), Asura (6), Patchouli Knowledge (12) - 238
MasterWarlord - Koala Kong (72), Ashens (36), Clayton (52), Stromboli (52) - 212
Smash Daddy - Soldier (82), Cashman (58), Michael Reynolds (50), Queen Worm (24) - 204
Big Mac - Uka Uka (46), Sniper (48), Zak Granmarye (22), Zodick the Hellhog (26), Trent (30), Queen Worm (24) - 196
Getocoolaid - Kammy Koopa (60), The Flim-Flam Brothers (36), Shang Tsung (44), GLaDOS (26), Manny Pacquiao (16) - 182
Agidius - Pharaoh Man (68), Heavy (34), Rose Lalonde (68) - 170
Hyper_Ridley - Garble (72), Grimlock (36), Lord Sombra (62) - 170
ForwardArrow - H.N. Elly (54), Lizard (72), Scout (22), Killerman (12) - 160
Kupa - Willy Wonka (56), Medic (30), Lord Voldemort (74) - 160
Nicholas1024 - BubbleMan.EXE (72), FlashMan.EXE (26), DrillMan.EXE (34) - 132
Kholdstare - Aquaman (36), Queen Chrysalis (58), Ember (18) - 112
Tirkaro - Gwyndolin (64), Creeper (34) - 98
Warrior of Many Faces - Larfleeze (34), The Great and Powerful Trixie (30), Gigalith (16), Derpy Hooves (10) - 90
Emergency - Sakuya Izayoi (82) - 82
Bionichute - Soundwave (22), Bigfoot (30), Mr. Dark (28) - 80
Violenceman - The Thief (62) - 62
ProfPeanut - Nyx Assassin (56) - 56
Majora_787 - Sawtooth and Squarewave (50) - 50
Conren - Magnemite (42) - 42
Koric - Witch (42) - 42
Plorf - Dark Meta Knight (40) - 40
Xiroey - Zigzagoon (40) - 40
peeup - George Washington (34) - 34
smashbot226 - Sauron (24) - 24
SmashShadow - Arsenal Primid (22) - 22
Really Shy Guy - Lady Gaga (20) - 20
Jimnymebob - Jak and Daxter (18) - 18
n88 - Spiral (16) - 16
ManlySpirit - Lyndis (14) - 14

Top 10 Sets
Just for kicks, here is the top 10 scoring sets and who made them.

1. Sakuya Izayoi (Junahu & Emergency) - 82 Points
1. Soldier (Smash Daddy) - 82 Points
3. Lord Voldemort (Kupa) - 74 Points
4. Lizard (ForwardArrow) - 72 Points
4. Koala Kong (MasterWarlord) - 72 Points
4. Garble (Hyper_Ridley) - 72 Points
4. BubbleMan.EXE (Nicholas1024) - 72 Points
8. Pharaoh Man (Agidius) - 68 Points
8. Rose Lalonde (Agidius) - 68 Points
10. Gwyndolin (Tirkaro) - 64 Points

Katapultar

Smash Lord
[collapse="The Headless Horseman"]I owe you my voice of reason on this set much like I do with ATJ given I've kinda neglected some of your stuff this contest - the path of remaking characters others have done is an interesting one, and makes me wonder what you'll do next! Heck, when this set was first posted it made me go back and read Rool's horseman. At first I thought you were sticking with your casual writing style, though I was somewhat surprised that the moves were a lot more simple than their length implied, half of which was fueled by some pretty well written attack descriptions. That's a good part of the set, though you don't have to be afraid of inking your words with a darker color for a better atmosphere. I really like sets with good atmosphere, you know.

Horseman has a lot of interesting stuff to work with. His item-head, a large two-man body and "flower" minions that remind me of Poison Ivy despite King Sombra being posted recently. Being the Headless Horseman, it's only natural to surmise he wants to chase down foes while his minions grow, never letting the former out of his sight. Pretty fitting to see him trek a path of darkness wherever he goes, and the great Dash Attack works well with such.

Courtesy of the Halloween rush, my main problem with the set is the head itself. It's a staple of the Horseman, you're trying to use a concept started by Rool 4 or so years ago, yes, but I don't think the circumstances lead themselves to great results. Throwing your head around doesn't give off the terrifying vibe Horseman deserves nor feels like something he should or would want to do (unless I'm missing something here); it's a basic projectile enemies can get rid of in a more controllable vain to ZSS's suit parts, Horseman's only projectile, though it kind of gets in the way of what could be a cool offensive game (he does play offensively though) and minion-orientation when you put more focus on it than necessary. Though he has D-tilt and Neutral Special, Horseman's height would actually make it pretty difficult for him to hit smaller characters facing him with it. Horseman's size could have been an interesting aspect to utilize, but he also has his flames horse, so much to choose from.

Horseman's pretty decent among your sets. At worst, he's a little affiliated with a tribute to realize his full potential, certainly nothing wrong with that, but at best he knows how to present himself.[/collapse]

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Also, WoMF, I noticed some things about your Rankings during this:

Ace Trainer JOE! as a whole is not ranked
Lady Gaga doesn't have a Total Points part
Uka Uka says it's total is 5. The numbers add up to 6.

Waver

Smash Cadet
NNID
WaverJR
3DS FC
2964-8605-0439
Switch FC
SW-1450-5084-6730
Warning!!: OC newcomer!

I hope it's ok to put OC's here because I made this set a few weeks ago.

Floazar the Toucan!

Brief Info on my OC

Floazar is from a dream Y7 series (brief comics I didn’t upload yet) I made when I was 9. It’s called the Tuffateers (or the Double T). It’s about a multiple groups of kids from around the world that defends the world from the evil Ice Reaper and his cronies who reside in his palace in Antarctica.

He is a young Toucan who doesn't talk much. Though not very verbal, he is a great, tactical leader for the Brazil division. Outside of the Tuffateers, He hangs out with his siblings in a treefort they made together. His combat skills are precise, patient and flowy.

Floazar’s Stats

Stats- 1 being bad and 5 being the best.

Walking Speed: 3^1/4/5- Floazar is a great flyer, but his speed on foot is pretty good.
Running Speed: 4/5- Floazar runs with his arms back and hands open. He’s just a little slower than Fox.
First Jump: 4^1/2/5- Floazar takes off like a rocket. He spreads his wings when he reaches the peak of his jump. In that position; he flaps his wings, slowly descending.
Second Jump: 2/5- Floazar has only 2 low flaps because his light weight makes it easy for him to recover already.
Crawl: No
Wall Kick: No
Wall Clamber: No
Glide: Yes

Floazar’s Specials

Standard B: Feather Shot- Remember Wing ability from the Kirby games? Well if not, listen up! Floazar swipes one arm and 3 feathers shoot at a short range in fan formation. 3%
Things to know: The feathers travel about 2 Bowsers wide. They are very weak, but it offers a lot of hitstun, so it’s a perfect zoning move. (I’m not good at these fighting terms. Hope I used zoning right.)

Forward B: Screw Dive- If this sounds like a Meta Knight forward B clone, then I apologize in advance. Floazar straightens his body horizontally, and shoots forward in a drill-like fashion, looking like an orange and blue blur. This move hits 8 times (1%, 1%, 1%, 2%, 2%, 2%, 3%, 4%). 16%
Things to know: What sets this apart from Meta Knight’s Drill Rush and more similar to Luigi’s Green Missile is that Floazar can’t be controlled during flight. The last hit doesn’t knock the opponent away, but Floazar does end up behind the opponent in the air, ready for any air attack.

Up B: Quick Flight- For the people who played New Super Mario Bros U, you’ve used the Acorn Power up and you know how they fly. But for the ones who didn’t, I’ll explain. When the input is inserted, Floazar will gain vertical flight and gently flutters downward.
Things to know: Anyone that is near Floazar will get slightly blown away. Floazar can also cut his flutter with an air attack, so keep that in mind.

Down B: Rising Feathers- Floazar faces the camera and ducks down forcefully. Suddenly, feathers surround him in a tiny burst. 9%
Things to know: This is similar to Pikachu’s Thunder, except the cheapness is taken out. There is less knockback than thunder, making it more of a small fray breaker. This can be done in the air as well, giving him a small boost similar to Yoshi’s Up special.

Floazar’s Standards

Jab Combo (AAA)- Floazar throws a left jab (2%), a right jab (3%), then swings his feathers horizontally (4%) for tiny sideways launch power. 8%
Things to know: This is your average “Give me thinking space!” type of move. Use it like many people use Ike’s jab combo.

Forward Tilt: Forward Kick- Floazar kicks in front of him, looking identical to Samus’ ftilt but with different properties. This move hits twice. The foe gets damaged by Floazar’s knee (2%), then his talon (7%). (9%)
Things to know: The first part of the attack has no launch whatsoever, but the second one has medium low knockback. This attack kills at around 280% of damage.

Up Tilt: Feather Rise- Floazar raises his arms up at a 900 angle (8%), slashing anyone around him.
Things to know: The attack deals medium launch power. However, this attack has a sour spot. After he raises his arms, the attack will only deal 4% of damage with low knockback.

Down Tilt: Low Kick- Floazar crouches low and spins his body with his leg out quickly (6%).
Things to know: Since the attack is very fast; it’s not strong or have any launch power. The only perk is that the trip rate is kinda high. Don’t use this move in the heat of battle.

Dash Attack: Swoop- Floazar flies a little and does a small loop de loop (5%), and lands on his feet.
Things to know: Make sure that your opponent is open when performing this attack. Blocking this move makes it really punishing for Floazar, as recovery time takes a while.

Floazar’s Smashes

Charged will have an *

Forward Smash: Feather Spin- Floazar spreads his arms out and starts spinning forward. Once with his right arm (4%)(*6%), his left (5%)(*7%), then his right again (6%)(*8).
Things to know: Floazar travels as far as Kirby’s Forward Smash. The first 2 hits trap the foe for the last hit, which results in medium high launch power. This is the killer smash attack.

Up Smash: Spiral Beak- Floazar crouches down and twists his body. When you let go of the button; he will shoot up with his beak facing up, spinning like a drill (12%)(*17). Jumping up in a similar fashion to Olimar’s Up tilt.
Things to know: The hitbox is pretty small. You should only use this move if you bounce the opponent off the wall for a finisher. Use it as wisely as you use Peach’s Up Smash.

Down Smash: Tail Tornado- Floazar crouches low and twirls around with his tail out, leaving a small windy vortex around him (14%)(*19).
Things to know: If you are really close to Floazar, you will get vacuumed. Any opponent that’s behind Floazar will hit the sourspot (8%)(*13%) with wimpy sideways launch.

Floazar’s Aerials

Neutral Air: Axel Arm- Floazar spins around with his arms out. It hits 3 times (4%, 4%, 5%)
Things to Know: This attack traps the opponent if they get too close. Touching the spinning Toucan from the right will get knocked to the left side then back to the right and then away; vice versa. The last hit has medium launch power that knocks you sideways.

Forward Air: Arm Slash- The top of Flozar’s head faces the camera and he sticks his arm up. He then forcefully swings his arm at a downward arc. 14%
Things to know: This is Floazar’s meteor move. This attack moves kinda fast, so landing the attack will be kinda tricky.

Back Air: Multi Mule Kick- Floazar lays horizontally in the air and jabs his talons 5 times behind him. (3%, 3%, 3,%, 3%, 3%)
Things to know: One kick will not trap the person for the next kick very well. So all its good for is to stun any victim that gets too close.

Up Air: Bicycle Kick- Floazar curls up for a short moment, and backflips swiftly with one leg outstretched. 11%
Things to know: Though this is weak as far as damage, it’s Floazar’s strongest aerial as far as launch. It has high upward launch power.

Down Air: Dive Bomb- Floazar stalls and turns downward, face first. Then he shoots down like a downward rocket. 13% He even makes a small shockwave when he hits the ground. 6%
Things to know: If he runs, jumps and do the attack, he’ll move diagonally with less stall time. After his splash, he ends up a few feet above the ground, ready for another air attack.

Floazar’s Grabs

Pummel: Beak- Floazar bonks the victim’s head with his big beak. 2%

Forward Throw: Chest Bounce- While grasping the opponent, Floazar places his talons on the opponent’s chest and bounces off of the victim forcefully. 7%

Back Throw: Back Shot- Floazar turns around and tosses the opponent backwards; shooting feathers at them during their flight. He throws 4 feathers, each deal 3%.

Up Throw: Tail Flip- Floazar tosses the opponent a few feet above the ground. He then backflips and carries the victim with his tail feathers upward. 6%

Down Throw: Feather Pin- Floazar throws the opponent down and flies up, shooting feathers at the downed opponent. Hits 3 times. 3%, 3%, 3%

Final Smash

Final Smash: Mobile Treehouse- Floazar jumps up into the air and leaves the screen. When you hear an engine hum, his giant treehouse on wheels runs through the battlefield once. 50%
How to dodge: Since it covers the whole battlefield, you need time your spot or air dodge to avoid the giant treehouse.

Floazar’s Colors

Normal: Orange feathers, Blue longer feathers
Red: Red Feathers, Purple longer feathers
Blue: Blue Feathers, Red longer feathers
Green: Green Feathers, Yellow longer feathers
Costumes: Look at the bottom left corner- http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2...toucan_reference_sheet_by_waver92-d4x6q12.png

I’ll post the other Tuffateers if that’s ok!

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513

"If it's something that can be stopped, then just try to stop it!"

Skull Kid

Wrath

The Skull Kid is the main antagonist of the Legend of Zelda game Majora's Mask and the possessor of the titular mask.
Or, rather, the mask possesses him.
One a skull kid with two fairy companians, Tatl and Tael, the Skull Kid robbed the Happy Mask Salesman one day. This was how he came into possession of Majora's Mask: a dark mask believed to have been used by ancient tribes in hexing rituals. Now all around Termina the Skull Kid's curses have come: The swamp of the Dekus poisoned, the Goron's mountain stuck in a blanket of eternal winter, the Zora's seas harsh and worst of all...bringing the moon from it's orbit to crash into Clock Town and destroy everything.

Now...there are three days left...

Masked Statistics

Skull Kid is, as you may have surmised, a kid. This means he is not particularly tall or wide: He has a similiar build to Luigi. He also isn't very heavy, just a tad lighter than Sheik or Zelda. His ground speed is excellent though, as he actually floats above the ground while dashing...though this will not cause him to avoid any traps or attacks, like Metaknight. He also floats while idling. The speed is comparable to Pikachu.

Skull Kid has good sized jumps that propel him high, excellent aerial control and grand air speed. At the same time, his floatiness means he is even more susceptible to kills over the top. He also has a float that goes 1.5x the distance of Peach's float at 2x the speed. Combined with his to-be-detailed excellent recovery, Skull Kid often comes back if he is not killed outright. He cannot walljump, glide or cling.

Masked Specials

Neutral Masked Special
: Curse of Shadows

Skull Kid laughs wildly in place. This move does nothing unless he is hit because it is a counter. If he is hit, he will keep the foe in place by grabbing them: If they are far away, he will clench his hand and hold them in place via dark magic. Shadow drains out of the foe for a moment before the foe is released and, if it was a physical attack, pushed away one Battlefield platform. This deals no damage.

What it does do is create a Shadow Doppelganger of the foe. This copy has the exact likeness of the foe with the following differences:

It dies after taking damage equal to 60 HP minus the damage of the countered attack.
It is colored differently: It is colored like the Dark Link alternate skin of Link, but modified for the countered character.
The copy is controlled by a modified Level 9 AI: Multiple exploits in it have been patched, but it no longer perfect shields everything.

The counter itself has quick startup and lasts a decent amount of time, but has quite punishable ending lag, as Skull Kid will continue laughing for a while even after the counter has worn off. It is also totally unable to counter grabs. Skull Kid may have any number of Shadow Doppelgangers on the field, so long as he can keep countering them into existance.

Masked Side Special
: Curse of Age

Skull Kid laughs and points forward, his finger flickering with shadow magic. This does a weak 3% damage and flinching to any foe within half a Battlefield platform in front of him that isn't too far up. This doesn't take too long to start up. There is also an added effect on the foe, depending on if you smashed the control stick or not.

If you smashed it, the foe becomes a mere child. Their size is reduced, though not as drastically as a poison mushroom, and their weight is also reduced: Bowser becomes about as heavy as Samus, Yoshi becomes as heavy as Wolf, Diddy Kong becomes as heavy as Metaknight and so on. Their attacks also do 75% of their normal damage and knockback. The foe also gains some buffs, however: They have decreased fall speed and they go faster in the air and on the ground. Their attacks go at a speed of 125% instead of 100%. Their jumps also go higher. In other words, they become lighter, weaker and faster.
As an easter egg, Link instead turns into Young Link, with a modified moveset from Melee Young Link.

If you don't smash it, the foe is instead aged, though not too far unfortunately. This causes them to grow slightly, though not as much as a super mushroom, with an increase in weight: Metaknight becomes as heavy as Diddy Kong, Wolf becomes as heavy as Yoshi, basically the opposite of child form. Their attacks also become stronger, doing 125% of normal damage and knockback. On the other hand, their attacks go at 75% of their normal speed and they do not move as fast in the air or on the ground. In addition, their jumps are smaller and they fall faster. In other words, they become heavier, stronger and slower.

Both of these status effects lasts 5 seconds. Hitting the foe with the other while the current one is in effect merely causes it to switch over to the other without refreshing the timer. You also can't refresh it by hitting the foe again with the same one. A note on the end lag: Skull Kid recovers quickly if he misses, but he'll take a moment to laugh at the foe's misfortune if he hits. Because of this, the foe and Skull Kid always end up in a frame neutral position if he hits. As an aside, any Shadow Doppelgangers created while countering a foe under this effect will have said effect applied to it. In other words, an aged foe who has a shadow made will have it heavier, stronger and slower. This allows you to mix and match your army.

Up Masked Special
: Curse of Illusionment

Skull Kid laughs wildly and disappears in a teleport recovery. It's fairly standard, going the same length as Mewtwo's teleport recovery with the same directional ability. However, unlike Mewtwo, SKull Kid can teleport twice, though he will fall into helpless after the second one. Like I said, the Skull Kid is a pest: Knock him off the sides or he'll probably come back.

This move also has another use when it is smashed. That is that it leaves behind a duplicate. This duplicate does not do anything and merely sits in place and is dissipated in one hit. You can press B after that teleport instead of a direction to teleport in as you normally would to swap places with the duplicate as well. While the duplicate can't mindgame attacks, it can be used to mindgame with your dangerous counters, by simply sitting in place. This is helped by the fact that the duplicates will never disappear unless attacked.

Hm. Counters, I say?

Masked Down Special
: Curse of Masks

Skull Kid's other counter. It has the exact same timing as your Curse of Shadows with the same wildly laughing animation. So the opponent can't really be sure which counter Skull Kid is using at any given time, though that's not too important.

If he is struck, he will grab the foe in front of him, once again holding them in place with magic if hit from afar, while black energy swirls around the opponent's face. After a moment, it condenses and forms a mask, and the foe is released. If it was a physical attack, they are pushed back a Battlefield platform. This does no damage. The mask varies in it's physical appearance depending on the foe, usually a hideous caricature of the foe's normal face, or some other monstrous form if the foe has no face or something.

The mask is a restrictive mask designed to, well, restrict the foe's usage of moves. For the next 10 seconds, using the move that the foe tried to hit Skull Kid with is simply impossible. The mask prevents it's use. This of course is a great way for SKull Kid to counter pesky moves that ruin him, such as certain projectiles and such. There is no limit on the number of moves that can be countered at one time by this (Skull Kid pours more energy into the mask instead of making a new one), but each move will only be countered for 10 seconds. In addition, grabs go right through the counter, so they can never be countered. KOing Skull Kid ends the effect prematurely, as it falls off and dissipates into darkness.

Remember that, like your NSpec, it has really bad ending lag. If you get too counter happy, you're begging to be hit.

Masked Standards

Masked Jab
: Disappearance Dysphoria

Skull Kid swipes his arm forward with a finger pointed forwards, the tip of it crackling with energy. This quick strike does only 3% damage, but has oddly high knockback for a jab: It actually KOs at around 165%. While certainly not a great killer, the ability to bust it out a high damage %s is excellent for striking the foe away.

This move interacts with the Shadow Doppelgangers. Hit one with it and it...disappears. This is more useful than it seems: Smashing your Up Special will not leave a duplicate, but will rather leave the Doppelganger behind, allowing you to both preserve the Doppelganger for a time and to place an ability for active attack when you teleport. That is because the Doppelganger will re-appear doing exactly what it was doing when it was disappeared. For example, if a Doppelganger just started an attack, it will resume that attack where it left off when it appears. You can store any number of Doppelgangers with this move, but the Teleport releases only one per Teleport. In addition, they automatically re-appear in front of you after 6 seconds, so you can't vanish an entire army and have them all appear at once. In addition, you lose all stored Doppelgangers if you die, so it's risky at higher %s.

Masked Forward Tilt
: Follow's Flute

Skull Kid takes out his flute and plays a haunting melody for a moment, sending three blasts of dark energy shaped like musical notes forward. Each of these does 5% each with light knockback, so it has a lot of damage potential for a tilt...but hitting with all of them is pretty hard. They go pretty far before vanishing though and it is a move with low lag, making it useful to whip out as a quick defense.

This move's more important use is that Shadow Doppelgangers will converge on your location if you use this move. This allows you to easily bring all of your minions forces to bear in one spot without being defenseless. The control is somewhat limited, but useful all the same.

Up Masked Tilt
: Diffusion Deflection

Skull Kid laughs and snaps his fingers, causing a magical field to surround him quite quickly. It's spherical in shape and around a Battlefield platform wide and a Ganondorf tall, give or take exactness so that it can be a circle. This move is quite quick to execute and deals a solid 11% damage to any foe hit by this field, with set knockback that pops the foe up two Ganondorfs in height, giving it great usage as a GTFO-r. It's ending lag is nothing quick or anything slow, the field dissipating at a reasonable speed. The knockback is straight up, by the way.

This move will also deflect projectiles, as you may have guessed by it's name, but not in the way you'd expect: It reflects them straight upwards, just like the knockback. It will certainly damage any foe above you, but it can be difficult to hit a foe that way outside of FFA or Teams...except this will also reflect friendly projectiles, like from your Doppelgangers or teammates, allowing you to redirect projectiles in interesting ways based on your position next to them to send them straight up. In a pinch, it can be used to deflect it away from you anyhow.

Down Masked Tilt
: Heaving Hex

Skull Kid points at the ground in front of him while shaking his head and, thus, the mask. This quick attack at first deals a simple ground-only hitbox that extends one Battlefield platform forward, dealing 9% damage and weak-ish knockback, without much ending lag. But the important part is how it creates a passive trap, as the ground and the air one Ganondorf above it crackles with shadow energy. Any foe caught in this will take passive damage at a rate of 1% every 1/3rd of a second, for 3% per second, making it a fairly quick and nice damage dealer. It lasts a total of 5 seconds, meaning Skull Kid can theoritically deal up to 15% damage per trap damage, and he can have as many of them as he wants out. The damage is non-flinching, of course. The trap deals no knockback, as well. Shadow Doppelgangers and yourself are free to roam in these areas without taking damage. You'll want to use it to pressure the foe by removing safe areas or force a foe to stay relatively in-area to get maximized usage of this move.

Masked Down Smash
: Skull Scream

Skull Kid swings his arms back and releases a ear-splitting scream skywards. This releases a powerful, magically enhanced soundwave one Battlefield platform to each side of Skull Kid, dealing 20%-24% damage while also knocking foes back with KO %s of 150%-130%, making it an average KOer with excellent damage potential. It does take somewhat long to start and finish, however, making it a riskier option than it first seems.

IF there are any Shadow Doppelgangers within the soundwave's area, they'll try to get away from it as fast as possible, allowing you to clear an area of any and all Shadow Doppelgangers and somewhat direct them. They'll go to whatever side is the quickest to get out. This also means they'll be in an excellent position to hit any foe who, say, rolled away from this move. Most wonderful.

Forward Masked Smash
: Tentacle Terrorizing

A tentacle seeps from behind the mask and whips forward one and a half Battlefield platform, giving it amazing range for a pretty quick startup, but it's damage is kinda average, 16%-21%, and it's knockback is also nothing to write home about, 150%-130% KO range. It's ending lag is also poor as the tentacle retracts. The tentacle actually counts as a hurtbox and will be damaged if hit by a move that outpriotizes it and functions in clashing like a jointed hitbox and not a disjointed one. While this move sounds sort of average, it has a lot of interactions, so let's go through them.

If it whips a foe who has had a move locked with your Down Special counter, then the mask will instead latch itself around the mask, draining energy from it and holding the foe in place for a moment. Attacking the mask tentacle or the Skull Kid during this time will interrupt the move, but attacking the foe will not, and since the foe cannot attack while being drained only minions or in teams/FFA other players can interrupt it. After this pretty short draining time, the tentacle will release a burst of energy right in the foe's face. This deals damage and knockback equal to the strongest move that you have countered the foe with! If the move does anything special, like additional poison damage or a shield debuff or a trap, then it will also do that here. By countering stronger moves like Ike's Forward Smash, you can essentially steal a KO move. Unfortunately, using this move releases the move from being locked and the foe is free to use it unless you counter it with Down Special again, so you leave yourself open to particularly strong moves until you counter them again.

You can also grab a Shadow Doppelganger with this move. It will prioritize foes over grabbing Doppelgangers though, by the way. If you do grab one of these dark clones with this move, they'll be held in place as energy is slurped right out of them. You're stealing energy from them right into you, resulting in healing: You gain 1% HP from the Shadow Doppelganger at a rate of every 1/4th of a second, but deals 2% damage to the clone at that same time. So every second you suck energy from the clone, you heal 4% damage and deal 8% to it. Simple. You also can't cancel out of it: It only stops when the clone runs out of life and disappears or Skull Kid gets to 0% damage and lets it go. The Skull Kid is unable to move while sucking life out of the clone, but he CAN attack: Any attack that would move him doesn't, however, so your teleport is useless for example. Because of this, you will want to be careful about when you use this version!

Up Masked Smash
: Breaking Bubble

Skull Kid hunches over as energy gathers into the mask, before swinging his arms back and facing the sky, releasing a dark sphere of energy that does not look unlike a bubble. By default it goes straight up, but you can aim it slightly left/right like a Forward Tilt's ability to be aimed up/down. This bubble isn't as sizable as, say, U-Tilt's field, but it still has a nice enough size to give it good range, though it has a somewhat laggy startup which is countered by light ending lag. Bubbles stay on the stage until they go off a blast zone or take 15% damage and do not damage foes...at first. Instead, the bubble traps foes inside the bubble. Foes, unless they deal 15% damage to it, will be lifted right into the blast zone for a KO, albeit at the slow speed of Zelda's dash. Foes would have to be most incompetent indeed to be killed this way...

Of course the bubble deals damage when it is popped. It deals 15%-18% damage actually, depending on charge. It does not deal knockback, but it DOES deal really great hitstun, which will usually allow a nearby character, either you or the Doppelganger, to get them during it, though it's unlikely you'd have time to start up, say, another Up Smash. The Skull Kid can break the bubble with any of his attacks if he so wishes, allowing him to possibly time another attack with it. Shadow Doppelgangers however cannot destroy bubbles, allowing them to attack the foe inside of the bubble without breaking it. They don't get dealt knockback inside of the bubble obviously, but they will take hitstun and damage.

Masked Dash Attack
: Gasping Grip

Skull Kid continues dashing forward, his arm now open and trailing behind him, a dark outline around it. Skull Kid keeps going as long as you hold A at the same speed he usually goes...and anything and anyone (Even his allies) will be dragged behind him as he goes. When you release A he flings them forward, dealing 10% damage with weak-ish knockback.

It's a very useful move, since foes without projectiles or disjointed hitboxes will have issues hitting you once caught. In addition, you can fling your Shadow Doppelgangers with the foe to make it hard to keep them, or any spare items that are around if you play with items on. It does leave you a bit defenseless, aside from grabs, while dashing though.

Masked Grabs

Masked Grab
: Telekinetic Terror

Skull Kid waves his arm in front of him in a grabbing motion...but he grabs him by keeping the foe in place in front of him with the power of the mask. This grab is actually quite slow, but it's also a counter-grab. If the foe is grabbing, Skull Kid's grab will essentially clash with it, leaving them in a frame neutral situation. But since Skull Kid's grab is slow...well, you'll need to predict when they grab to time it right. Great range. You can grab Shadow Doppelgangers with this.

Masked Pummel
: Electric Energy

Skull Kid shocks the foe with dark energy as they writhe in his magic grasp. A fairly quick pummel which deals 2% damage. Good for damage racking some when you grab a foe. If you grabbed a Shadow Doppelganger with this, the pummel just lets them go.

Up Masked Throw
: Obstructive Orbit

Skull Kid spins the foe around him like Mewtwo's Up Throw. He spins the foe three times: The first time, he'll spin it right around him, then spin the foe half a Battlefield platform away, then a full Battlefield platform away and then launch the foe away. The foe acts as a living hitbox during this time, dealing 12% damage and great vertical knockback to anybody it hits. After the third rotation, the foe is launched upwards with excellent vertical KO power, killing at around 110%: It's probably your best killer. The foe ends up in whatever direction you were facing, by the way.

Using this on a Shadow Doppelganger causes them to be spun around and deal damage like usual, but merely be gently popped up for no damage at the end, letting you force them into the air or, more fun, use them as a powerful bludgeoning weapon with range. They'll also absorb projectiles for you while spinning. Neither the Skull Kid nor the foe can be hit out of this move.

Masked Forward Throw
: Reluctant Release

Skull Kid telekinetically spins the foe around a bit, before sending them flying forward for 12% damage and knockback that Kos at 160%. It doesn't really have any special effect, but that just means it's your go-to throw if you want something that won't mess with the rest of your setup. shadow Doppelgangers are merely send a Battlefield platform away.

Back Masked Throw
: Refuting Redirection

Skull Kid concentrates for a moment before launching the foe back with one might telekinetic toss. This does a good deal more than the Forward Throw, crashing the foe for 15% damage and knockback that KOs at 140%. It's a decent killer. But one cool thing about it is anything a Battlefield platform in front of you is tossed back the same distance, albeit without taking damage, allowing you to group your Shadow Doppelgangers and the foe together, get some crowd control or if you play with items on toss explosives or crates or what-not at the foe to smack them. So it's cool. Using it on a doppelganger causes everything to happen the same save them taking damage.

Down Masked Throw
: Circulation Crusher

Skull Kid twists and contorts the foe into various unnatural positions. The foe takes 3% damage six times, so it's your highest damage dealing throw at 18% damage. However, it deals very little knockback, as the foe is simply set down a Battlefield platform in front of you. Therefor, it will never kill. It does leave you in an ideal frame neutral situation with the foe though, as it gives you time to counter, advance, retreat or teleport. Shadow Doppelgangers are teleported down to the ground if they are on a platform and are otherwise just let go.

Masked Aerials

Neutral Masked Aerial
: Psychotic Puppetry

Skull Kid's body quite suddenly flails about almost lifelessly, his limbs floundering around dealing a solid 10% damage with surprisingly high knockback, KOing at 160% or so. This move's startup is very quick and it has great range, but it has excessive ending lag, as the Skull Kid gains his bearings. Because of this it is pretty terrible to whiff with. Still, it's great startup time and excellent if jointed range makes it an invaluable tool.

Masked Down Aerial
: Drastic Drop

Skull Kid snaps his fingers, creating a pretty similiar spherical forcefield...AKA it looks like the U-Tilt's, though it is only half the size. This one deals 13% damage and sharp downwards knockback, which of course makes it a strong spike, though it's start-up is more than Up Tilt. Still, a powerful spike with the Skull Kid's aerial mobility? Sign me up.

The forcefield reflects projectiles downwards, which has some cool utility, as you can use it to redirect projectiles to gimp a foe you can't reach in time for actual hitting, or to be used for knocking a foe up and down. It still reflects Friendly Fire, too. Foe looks like it's going to survive? Reflect a Charge Shot at it.

Masked Up aerial
: Teleportation Triumph

Skull Kid teleports upwards, a very quick action giving this move very little start-up, about a Ganondorf in height, thrusting his arm down and blasting black magical energy down right when he re-appears, which hits everyone a little over a Ganondorf below. This is a severely damaging attack the cracks the foe for 15% damage and knocks the foe upwards. It'll KO around 140%. It's quick enough you could even use it as a mid-air psuedo-counter, because lord knows you didn't have enough ways to counter things.

It's great fun to use with our next move, Forward Aerial. It also has a lot of merit on it's own and can be chained two or three times at low damage %s against particularly fast fallers, so you can use it to damage rack sometimes too. Note that while the end lag isn't too bad, you'll fall during it, and it's teleportation range is lowered after each teleport. You gain no height when accounting the end lag after two.

Forward Masked Aerial
: Escape Ethereal

A tentacle whips it's way from behind the mask and whisks forward one and a half Battlefield platforms. This excellent range and decently fast startup come with a relatively strong attack, as it will deal 13% to a foe and send them flying for weak knockback that KOs at 170%. It should be noted that when it hits the foe, it causes "freeze frames" like Wolf's F-Tilt, for about the same amount of time as said f-Tilt. End lag is somewhat large.

But key to this move is hitting A during the freeze frames, just like how Link's Forward Smash has a continuation, which will cause the tentacle to grip the foe and whisk it right in front of the Skull Kid. This causes the foe and the Skull Kid to gain control at an exactly frame neutral time, whereupon the Skull Kid can threaten to use his Up Aerial(likely dodging a foe's attack and hitting them) or his down aerial(Getting around an air dodge and spiking them to their doom). Or you can teleport away and leave a doppelganger in your place for the foe to deal with. Combined with the excellent recovery of the Skull Kid and the ability to not bring the foe to you and abuse the freeze frames in other ways, such as by keeping the foe occupied for a Shadow Doppelganger, this creates one of his best moves.

Masked Back Aerial
: Lascerating Launch

Skull Kid swings his arm behind him, backed by the power of daaaaaarkness. This isn't as quick as some of his other aerials, but it also isn't slow, and it has a veeeeeery small hitbox in front of him at the start. Anyway, it'll deal a solid 13% damage and launches the foe decently but not excellently, KOing at 155%. It's ending lag is nothing to write home about either. But the cool thing about this move is how any foe you hit with this becomes a hitbox themselves, dealing the same damage and knockback as the move themselves to any foe they happen to hit. It's an excellent way to clear crowds.

You can also use this on allies to get the same effect. Shadow Doppelgangers take the knockback but not the damage, while simple allies take both. This means you can essentially convert your clones into projectiles if you are so inclined. You can also use it for more fine control over where they go.

Final Smash: Terrible Fate

Skull Kid lets out the same earth-shattering scream as his Down Smash, but for a longer period of time, energy swirling about him like a maelstrom. This deals no damage, as Skull Kid is using it for something much more sinister. He is using it to call something. To bring it forth.

That's right, Skull Kid has summoned the moon. It will appear or outright replace the background of the stage, wearing it's trademark face and inching closer to the stage. If it hits, it's a one stock loss for everyone except the Skull Kid, who teleports out. How do you stop it? There's only one way to stop it and that is to KO the Skull Kid. You have 1:44 to do it. That's one minute 44 seconds. Plenty of time, but Skull Kid has a lot of defensive tricks up his sleeve. Good luck.

If a Happy Mask Salesman set is in the battle, the moon will not KO anyone unless the Happy Mask Salesman is KO'd.

Playstyle Unmasked

The Skull Kid is not the most intuitive character to play. He's very defensive, owning to his multitude of counters and tremendous recovery, but is also lightweight. Let me explain some keys to playing Skull Kid.

First, take advantage of your counters. This might sound obvious, but the foe will have to be reluctant to attack with such powerful ones in tow, but of course they must attack to win. Attack to punish them for this. Pester them with other attacks until the chance presents itself, then counter. If you made a Shadow Doppelganger, you can make use of the fact the foe must attack it to dispel it to do even more with your counters. Curse of Aging can help as well. Do note that the Side Special affects your clones, though: If you want faster and weaker clones, make them younger. And if you want them stronger and slower, make them older. In addition, clones made from younger ones will have more HP, while ones made from stronger foes will have less.

Up Smash is a great move and you should seek to use it. Foes trapped in bubbles have limited options and being able to Forward Aerial someone out of a bubble and drag them to you means you can threaten the foe with all kinds of follows ups, like having to deal with you having both Up Aerial and Down Aerial. Eveb aside from that, it can be used as a free hit or simply to deal some nice damage to the foe. You can even use it to buy time for Forward Smash healing.

You have a lot of fast moves, but not very many KO moves. When it comes time to finish off the foe, try to grab them and use Up Throw, or even use a doppelganger as a bludgeon via BAir or U-Throw. You can also try to spike them with DAir from FAir at any time, even if they can react that is what UAir and your excellent air stats are for.

Down smash is not only an excellent attack, but it'll be a great way to control your minions. Likewise, Forward Tilt is a decent attack that allows you to control them. Up Tilt is your best GTFO move, but it also reflects projectiles, so don't forget to use it in the face of powerful ranged foes...or with powerful ranged doppelgangers. Down Tilt is excellent when you can keep the foe in place, bring them to places with stuff like Forward Air, have stuff that takes a while to execute like Up and Down Throw and in general is useful.

Finally, it's recommended to practice reading playstyles and how people play. It will make your prediction better and Skull Kid has a lot of predicting, given his FAir -> DAir/UAir predictions, counter predictions, grab-countering predictions and such. With a mastery over the mental, your path to victory should be fine.

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
Return to the First Day?
> Yes
No

(No, there is no unmasked moveset)

Top Bottom