• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

machinegungeek

Smash Apprentice
So the numbers are up on the donation site, are visible, an are updated constantly?

What they should do is just give weekly updates, or updates every 4-5 days or something, so we can know each game's positioning, but also don't know how much a game has at every minute so that some one won't just dump some absurd amount of money in the very second their game loses it's spot.
Why wouldn't they want this though? It guarantees more money, which is what they want. We're being mad paranoid. If there's a community that's large/organized enough to pull of sniping, it's us (and probably only us). Chill. There's two weeks (+) left.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Let him do what he wants...although, if he's about to go donate 1000$ then yeah, it's pretty much splitting the communities money and losing to SG.

And anthony knows it, people re on planes/in cars or sleeping. Some still don't know about this fund. btw I heard you live in vaughan? Also heard you don't play much anymore but it'd be sweet to get vaughan smashfests going since the few people here are all walking distance from eachother.
yeah that would be cool, maybe during the summer since school is kicking my ***

#meleeevo2013

ZelDan

Smash Master
Why wouldn't they want this though? It guarantees more money, which is what they want. We're being mad paranoid. If there's a community that's large/organized enough to pull of sniping, it's us (and probably only us). Chill. There's two weeks (+) left.
True.

I don't know about the second part. I know Melee has a large and commmted community, but I don't if we should under estimate other communities though. Skull Girls did make a comeback and got close to us before after all.

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
You guys suck so bad. I bet if there wasn't that talk of pooling money and not wanting to donate when this was announced more people wouldve put up more money for us.

:phone:

Super

Smash Apprentice
Thing is you have just a one or two donating 500-1000 to SG or DOA5. This might just come down to the few rich spenders....

Stevo

Smash Champion
I just put in $50. That might be the most I can do for this. Unless we have a really close race at the end.

doesn't show it on the donation page total yet. There we go, it shows it now. We have a slight lead again!

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Let him do what he wants...although, if he's about to go donate 1000$ then yeah, it's pretty much splitting the communities money and losing to SG.
I'm all for a joint community, I actually want it. However, I never decided that it should be Melee that we donate to, and I'm not giving that much to anything unless I'm really passionate about it. Plus, I think this would further divide the community if anything.

Also, I said I'd only donate if Brawl gets within $1,000 of the top by next week, which probably isn't happening.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Biz, don't look at it like melee vs brawl for evo. At this point donating cash for brawl would be same as just plain throwing it away.

Revven

FrankerZ
I just donated $10 myself. I normally don't donate to anything but... it's Melee. I might donate a little more depending on where things stand but right now I could only commit to $10.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Biz, don't look at it like melee vs brawl for evo. At this point donating cash for brawl would be same as just plain throwing it away.

**** you, you're the worst about this. If you were in my situation and it was Brawl instead of Melee, you wouldn't even have any justification beyond "hurr durr Brawl sucks". You spouting this bullcrap just solidifies my belief that this "one big happy family" stuff isn't a true sentiment.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
**** you, you're the worst about this. If you were in my situation and it was Brawl instead of Melee, you wouldn't even have any justification beyond "hurr durr Brawl sucks". You spouting this bullcrap just solidifies my belief that this "one big happy family" stuff isn't a true sentiment.
Y'know... in the Brawl thread, YOU were the one to suggest that putting the $1000 into Brawl "now" would be throwing away your money. He specifically said "at this point". Please calm down. We don't care about your $1000 donation anymore so please stop letting us know that you have it.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
I have a $2000 donation, believe my words.
I hope this is true since Skull Girls is catching up FAST!!!!

Anyways our competitors as of now.
MLP (Not big threat anymore): $3,574.50
SSBM: $2,129.00
SG: $2,066.22

C'mon guys we can't stop donating.

EDIT:
You should perhaps save for the last minute unless Skull Girls surpasses us by far
Actually do this instead, they won't expect it if you do it when Skull Girls get ahead until the last day and $2000 drops in for Melee.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
@novi and thechunkylover
Remove those posts so the skull girls guys don't see it and decide to step it up
If you really do have it
If you don't
remove it so you are falsely exciting them into donating frenzy
either way jut a suggestion

KanyeRest

bair-condtioned nightmare
honestly brawl, specifically salem has my respect from apex 2013. that **** was hype. still not a fan of the game at all, but i suppose brawl can be hype if it wants to be :phone:

(not trying to make this a melee v brawl thread again sorry)

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Y'know... in the Brawl thread, YOU were the one to suggest that putting the $1000 into Brawl "now" would be throwing away your money. He specifically said "at this point". Please calm down. We don't care about your $1000 donation anymore so please stop letting us know that you have it.
My point was that he shouldn't be preaching to me. Also, I'm not constantly reminding everyone, I was directly replying to someone insisting that I was making a deliberate effort to split the community. I honestly wish I never made that thread because it has had completely the wrong effect (I'm a **** for wanting Brawl over Melee and not a cent more has been raised).

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Alright, I guess sticking up for myself is trolling. Next time I'll just let everyone **** talk me and not correct people when they assume the wrong thing, because otherwise I'd be trolling.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
chunky has a 2000$ donation for brawl guys, that's just more competition. I'd be realy sad if both smash games lost to SG by a small amount while we prove our communities are at eachother's necks but whatever. Genesis 3 then and I won't even be mad about losing my money cause I wouldn't have lost 2000$.

Real talk, I've had my anger for biz-r-o but most people complaining about him are no better. Especially when he's just mad he tried to get something started for brawl and the mods shut it down to support melee but you guys don't respect that we have the opposite side of the community nudging us forward. Put up or shut up for reals.

@V Neko, scar said he planned on it after apex I think, maybe that'll help, cali so good.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
So guys.

Just thought I'd let ya'll know.

I've saved up 70 bucks so far and I plan on running 2 donation drive tournaments and getting money from parents and relatives. None of this money is going in SG's name until the last 5 minutes.
This is from a SG Facebook group I'm on.
<_<

We should copy this lol.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
So guys.

Just thought I'd let ya'll know.

This is from a SG Facebook group I'm on.
<_<

We should copy this lol.
Let's not, because the idea of sniping something like this, and then just refusing to donate if there's no chance of winning is actually sort of disgusting.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
It would. By either increasing brawl attendance or patching things up between melee and brawl. A lot of people don't even know if there's a competitive scene for smash and here's the way to tell them. You brawl dudes are trying so hard to make us bad guys. Why? What have we ever done to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom