• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 - Pools up in OP! - Only at the door for FGC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You are the physical manifestation of everything that is wrong with the Brawl community, outside of the game itself.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Funny thing is that I started writing a long OP in regards to stock count and match length (wanted to post it like one week after APEX), and apparently the topic popped out itself lol

KageMurphy

Smash Master
You are the physical manifestation of everything that is wrong with the Brawl community, outside of the game itself.
No, I'm not. I've seen this argument presented a million times and nothing changes as far as stocks go because ultimately no one cares that much, its not that big of a deal.

:017:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
This, more or less.
Eddie stop stalking me please, or else I'll report you for harassment to the officials of Smash World Forums.

@Twink: I agree with the notion, but I just also really wanna see how a major tournament would turn out if they just stopped giving the possibility a cold shoulder.:applejack:
It would be boring and not give us any surprises. It would ruin a person's chance of coming back, and would upset many fans of their favorite top player.

But is brawls 2 stocks the main reason for a tourny going on to 5 am? I don't know. But I feel you should look at the tournament from a whole instead of only brawl, just because it is slow.

I mean, if you are worried because you need to be somewhere by 5 am, I feel your concern is legit. (or just that you don't want to be up that late for any reason)

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Did I ever say it was a main reason?
If I did, then I retract that much.

Comebacks would occur regardless by the way, and upsetting a fanbase for one player would never be justifiable grounds for any type of change, or resistance against it. :applejack:

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
Did you seriously expect the Apex staff to repeat all of their mistakes? Did it ever come to your mind that they could, oh I don't know, LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES?

There is so much wrong with your logic, it's not even funny.

And I love how you're nitpicking when you didn't even go to the tournament.

actually i dont see how your logic makes any sense. Just because someone made a mistake doesnt mean they WILL fix it

source: pound 5

not saying anything about apex though i hear it was great. Just sayin youre a scrub bby ^_^

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
The sole reason the tourney ended at 4am was because matches were saved for stream for the people at home to watch.

Otherwise we would have been done with Brawl at least 4 if not 6 hours earlier, guaranteed. So stock numbers was not the issue for this.

As a heads up we had to wait for Melee to finish streaming before we could go on stream so there was a point where Brawl had to wait. Even with the fact we saved matches for Chibo's stream we still finished early enough that we had to wait to go on Jaxel's stream.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
actually i dont see how your logic makes any sense. Just because someone made a mistake doesnt mean they WILL fix it

source: pound 5

not saying anything about apex though i hear it was great. Just sayin youre a scrub bby ^_^
Notice that I said "could" instead of "will".

Love ya! :woman:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Didn't the brawl bracket come to a complete halt when Melee hit losers/winners finals? I'm pretty sure nothing bracket wise on the brawl side was going on when Melee hit that point.

Like I can sympathize with wanting everything on the live-stream but halting all the matches for it seems really unnecessary.

Although, I wouldn't object to 2 stocks to try it out tbh.

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
4 to 6 hours earlier? How long was Brawl held up?
ClashTournaments' (or Bifuteki's?) side stream stopped Brawl when it reached top 8 anywhere between 15-60* minutes(does anybody have an actual number?) before Melee grand finals and other post-tournament stuff ended**. If Brawl top 8 had started on one of the side streams, and other matches had been played/recorded simultaneously off-stream, Brawl could have possibly started on 8WayRun's stream in top 6 with winner's finals, Anti vs. Nairo, and Otori vs. Mikeneko (loser's top 6) ready to start. I don't know if that would've cut off a full 4-6 hours, but that would have cut at least 1.

* = It felt like ~30-35 minutes to to me, but I was going back and forth with other stuff until after Brawl top 8 began.
** = both Melee and Brawl would have been faster if the projectors weren't breaking down.

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
Melee Singles Bracket!

just kidding :bee:

I did not have the completed melee bracket on my laptop because I had to leave early. It is on Strife's computer right now. I will post it as soon as he sends it my way. Hype :D

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
yeah melee took a **** long time to finish, and they say its a fast game... Keitaro for faster runner than Melee.
idk man, melee was hours ahead of schedule day two, and melee never really takes a while to finish at other nationals compared to other fighters imo

it ain't the game, it's the non-game related **** lol

JTsm

Smash Master
There were a lot of things that tied into brawl finishing at 4am.

Long Melee GF's.
Semi's best 3/5
Brawl takes too ****ing long.
All top 8 matches were recorded for both Melee/Brawl on stream.

That's like, the only little complaint I will ever have about watching this tourney.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Did a full inventory. Missing a lot of things. I am missing sponsor things that I have to replace and it is not cheap. I am very upset and disappointed with the amount of theft. Due to the amount it will cost to replace everything if those things including several wiis, my ps3, and many game jones and other cables, I cannot do apex again. I am really sorry everyone. I hope that person comes thru.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Did a full inventory. Missing a lot of things. I am missing sponsor things that I have to replace and it is not cheap. I am very upset and disappointed with the amount of theft. Due to the amount it will cost to replace everything if those things including several wiis, my ps3, and many game jones and other cables, I cannot do apex again. I am really sorry everyone. I hope that person comes thru.
The hell?

How did all that go missing?

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Is there at least enough to pay out the winners? :(

In the worst case scenario, at least you're not Plank.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
No that is not it. We are good on that. I am talking about extra money for setting up apex2014. I can pay people and pay all expenses but I might barely break even and not be able to set aside money for next year

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I would so be into a tournament donation fund to help get the 2014 event HAPPEN.

I don't know how this happened to you, though. When was the last time you did inventory? Maybe it's something you shouldn't let be handled by staff members who you might not trust with your own baby. (I mean, I am not saying this might have been the case, but how else could it happen if staff wasn't involved?)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I would so be into a tournament donation fund to help get the 2014 event HAPPEN.

I don't know how this happened to you, though. When was the last time you did inventory? Maybe it's something you shouldn't let be handled by staff members who you might not trust with your own baby. (I mean, I am not saying this might have been the case, but how else could it happen if staff wasn't involved?)

It was in the roped off area where no one was allowed. I am pissed that someone went there and took at least 3 wiis. It's sad cause I lost a good sponsor that meant a lot to me.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Yeah, there should have been heavier security. A note for next apex. But a donation fund towards Apex 2014 should happen. I will put down $50 to start.

Gea

Smash Master
It was in the roped off area where no one was allowed. I am pissed that someone went there and took at least 3 wiis. It's sad cause I lost a good sponsor that meant a lot to me.
Does Prog know? Not to overblow things but I think this is something important for Melee it On Me. Someone may know something, and even if no one comes forward I think the community very well may. Apex is beloved.

Djent

Smash Champion
I don't blame you, honestly. This community has something special in terms of dedication, but some people have serious character problems they need to fix if it is to flourish.

Though I quit smash awhile ago, I attended Apex 2010 and had the time of my life. To this day, I still love watching anything you touch. We'll never forget what you've done for us. <3 Alex Strife forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom