• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Demo 2.5 Tournament Results Archive (*Updated 7/24/2013*)

metroid1117

Smash Master
Smiths Station Smash 4 ended up being a $5 round robin, by the way.

EDIT: Also, here are Ryker's characters--

:linkbrawl: :marthbrawl: :sonicbrawl: :mariobrawl: :jigglypuffbrawl: :zeldabrawl: :sheikbrawl: :falcobrawl: :squirtlebrawl: :dkbrawl: :dededebrawl:
... Wow so many characters. What were the payouts and set results for the round robin?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
PMS 2.5

1: Wavebuster ($35.00) (zelda/sheik/peach)
2: Zhime ($15.00) (zelda)
3: Strong Bad ($5.00) (dk/fox)
4: cmart (bowser)
5: G-regulate (ddd)
5: JCaesar (rob)
7: Wenbo (falcon/falco/whoever)
7: Nintendude (ike/peach)
9: Remo (falcon)
9: 9k+1 (bowser)
9: JSP (zss/ike)

bracket image: http://i.imgur.com/GydJQ2A.gif

entry fee was $5

metroid1117

Smash Master
PMS 2.5

1: Wavebuster ($35.00) (zelda/sheik/peach)
2: Zhime ($15.00) (zelda)
3: Strong Bad ($5.00) (dk/fox)
4: cmart (bowser)
5: G-regulate (ddd)
5: JCaesar (rob)
7: Wenbo (falcon/falco/whoever)
7: Nintendude (ike/peach)
9: Remo (falcon)
9: 9k+1 (bowser)
9: JSP (zss/ike)

bracket image: http://i.imgur.com/GydJQ2A.gif

entry fee was $5
Thanks Strong Bad, I've added that to the OP. JCaesar, I've added your character as well. What city did the tournament take place? This is mostly for letting people know if there's a Smash scene near them. Also, will you upload any of these videos? If so, could you post their links in the thread?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
metroid: the cut wasn't exactly 60/30/10 but it's really close. differences of 50 cents for the placings from that to make them nice numbers.

metroid1117

Smash Master
P:M monthly In Halifax, Nova Scotia. Jan 26th 2012

1: billybeegood ($19.20) - Fox, Jiggs, Marth
2: Attila ($12.80) - DK, Bowser
3: O'Tool ($2) - Falco, Ivysaur
4: Raziek - Ganondorf
5: GMaster171 - Ness,Link
5: Nysyarc - Jiggs
7: White - ZSS
7: 423 - Charizard

Bracket Image: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y166/Jaran83/Jan13ProjectMSinglesbracket-1.png

2 Dollar entry fee
Thanks for posting this! I've started a Word document for myself with this information; there were a lot of tournaments yesterday, so I want to do only one or two updates instead of updates for individual tournaments.

By the way, what was the name of the tournament? Is there a results thread or tournament thread that I can reference?

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Srry, first time posting any kind of results, where would I make a results thread exactly? And what would I need to include in it (it was kinda rushed, not all the information is there)

As well, it didn't really have a name, its just a monthly tournament that we do

metroid1117

Smash Master
Srry, first time posting any kind of results, where would I make a results thread exactly? And what would I need to include in it (it was kinda rushed, not all the information is there)

As well, it didn't really have a name, its just a monthly tournament that we do
No worries :). You can make a new thread in this part of the forum. You should follow these guidelines for more info on how to post a results thread.

As for the information that I asked for, would it be okay if I just called it "Nova Scotia Monthlies"? Also, how did you inform players about the event? The last bit about a reference is just for players who either (a) want to find out more about events in their region or (b) make the results more "legitimate" by giving a thread for them or referencing the tournament thread from which the event was advertised. I'd prefer a link to a results thread or the tournament thread you made to advertise the event, but I can just link your post as a citation for where I found the results.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
We didn't have it advertised here on SWF, pretty much all of our events are run through our Facebook group. But yeah, just thought I'd pop in and verify.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Yea, that name would work. It was really only advertised through our FB group (I can update this post with link if needed)

And one of the members made a results thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=333221
We didn't have it advertised here on SWF, pretty much all of our events are run through our Facebook group. But yeah, just thought I'd pop in and verify.
Thank you guys, I'll just post the results thread in the OP once I get a few more results in :). Expect a huge-ish update sometime tonight.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Thank you so much for keeping on top of updating this thing, Metroid. Seriously appreciate the effort. It makes it so convenient for everyone *0*

metroid1117

Smash Master
No problem Daze, I'm interested in seeing these results too :).

Also, posting because there was another BIG update of 5 tournaments! Check the OP for details!

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey guys, double-posting to say that I've added videos from Kirkgo's Biweeklies, Sa2vation, and Lord's Monthlies - check the listings in the OP for footage!

JTsm

Smash Master
Kirkgo’s Biweeklies' GF vids are timed off by a bit, but that's it I think.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
February Gameclucks
Lynnwood, WA
2-2-13

28 entrants

$10 entry

Payouts

1st $168
2nd $84
3rd $28

Results thread doesn't exist, sorry

Results (with characters where I know them)

1: Gimpyfish62 :bowser2:
2: SilentWolf :wolf: :fox:
3: Bladewise :diddy: :peach:
4: Vish :ivysaur: :falcon:
5: C!Z :diddy: :falco:
5: #FreeToby :charizard:
7: Meta :wolf:
7: North :fox:
9: Mr.Brandandorf :ganondorf:
9: Juce :falcon:
9: Eggz :lucario:
9: Banana :zelda: :fox:
13: TOFU
13: ThePrime
13: Iceman
13: Sagemoon
17: Fear
17: Meiling
17: Shadic
17: daze
17: TShadow_DR
17: Cryptic
17: FoosJr
17: Lolikanon
25: Gohan!
25: Cody
25: Nade
25: Aaron

- Videos
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwkVzVDC0Vy9dKhl3Fzu7rqTn0gVByoMa

metroid1117

Smash Master
Kirkgo’s Biweeklies' GF vids are timed off by a bit, but that's it I think.
Strange, I'm not getting that for either video. Are they loading up to LF (Oro vs metroid, ZSS vs Charizard, on Dracula's Castle)? When I click on those links, it brings me to that time stamp and then advances on to the proper place.

February Gameclucks
Lynnwood, WA
2-2-13

28 entrants

$10 entry

Payouts

1st $168
2nd $84
3rd $28

Results thread doesn't exist, sorry

Results (with characters where I know them)

1: Gimpyfish62 :bowser2:
2: SilentWolf :wolf: :fox:
3: Bladewise :diddy: :peach:
4: Vish :ivysaur: :falcon:
5: C!Z :diddy: :falco:
5: #FreeToby :charizard:
7: Meta :wolf:
7: North :fox:
9: Mr.Brandandorf :ganondorf:
9: Juce :falcon:
9: Eggz :lucario:
9: Banana :zelda: :fox:
13: TOFU
13: ThePrime
13: Iceman
13: Sagemoon
17: Fear
17: Meiling
17: Shadic
17: daze
17: TShadow_DR
17: Cryptic
17: FoosJr
17: Lolikanon
25: Gohan!
25: Cody
25: Nade
25: Aaron

- Videos
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwkVzVDC0Vy9dKhl3Fzu7rqTn0gVByoMa
You posting the results here with the proper format and information saved me so much time. Thank you, Gimpy!

Smaller update this week - results from Arizona Bi Weeklies #7, Rock Paper Scissors, and February Gameclucks have been added!

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Meta used wolf/zss
North used ivysaur/ fox
Eggz used pit/ lucario
ThePrime used lucas
Sagemoon used pit
Fear used mario
Meiling used GnW
I used sheik
Shadic used ike/ ganon
Lolikanon used ness

Sucks that i had to sacrifice all my warmup playtime to set up the stream from scratch.. But at least we had a great stream with a bunch of cool matches on it :) ...shoulda went TL in tournament lol

metroid1117

Smash Master
Trail placed 2nd with Bowser at the largest Demo 2.5 tournament to date, by the way. Check the OP for more details!

JTsm

Smash Master
**** Bowser.

Needs more heavy weight representation (DDD, Snake, DK, etc).

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
We actually need more people playing Snake, but I feel that Bowser is just easier to pick up and play at, like, all levels of play (similar to Zelda?). Just like 2.1 Ike, you're going to see more early results favoring Bowser until the metagame has had time to flesh itself out. I remember when 2.1 just came out, Ike and Bowser were destroying everyone and spacees were nearly nowhere to be found (Lucario also wasn't deemed broken by anyone other than a few, like me and Vwins :p). Once the metagame had a bit of time to develop, one started seeing the spacees in the top 3 of nearly every tournament, lolz! :rotfl:

Edit: Likewise, almost NOBODY was using Zard, so it looked like he was a Low Tier char, despite all my rantings that Zard possessed all the traits to be a better char than that (better than Wario and G&W, at least). Then Metroid started playing him after he had enough of winning with Ike (lolz) and we started seeing more Zard in top placements, hopefully proving my points (hopefully.....).

JTsm

Smash Master
No, he's actually quite good, but he still has a bit of a higher technical ceiling (and floor).
I see what you did there. :smirk:

Yeah I really want to see some really good snakes. That reminds me, someone needs to make a 2.5 PM snake video thread.

Edit: Nvm, there's already one! :D

metroid1117

Smash Master
Edit: Likewise, almost NOBODY was using Zard, so it looked like he was a Low Tier char, despite all my rantings that Zard possessed all the traits to be a better char than that (better than Wario and G&W, at least). Then Metroid started playing him after he had enough of winning with Ike (lolz) and we started seeing more Zard in top placements, hopefully proving my points (hopefully.....).
For the record, my transition to Charizard wasn't because I "had enough of winning with Ike" - it was because I had been playing Charizard some time before TBH2 and the fun I got from playing him eventually outweighed the fun I got from playing Ike. I also don't think there has been enough data to prove any points about Charizard's viability, since I seem to be the only Charizard main who's placed higher than top 4 at tournaments (all of which were fairly locals).

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Lolz, yeah, I know. I was mostly joking. :p The "locals" you placed highly at were fairly stacked, going by the players in attendance, and the fact that anyone was placing highly at all in such tourneys (multiple times) kinda proved that Zard definitely wasn't Low "unviable" Tier.

Top Bottom